Weight Loss Support - stay at home moms #88

View Full Version : stay at home moms #88

need2losemore
09-26-2003, 11:09 PM
Welcome to a thread full of laughter, encouragment and friendship as we raise families, regain health and lose weight together. All are welcome- newcomers and present friends

spryng
09-26-2003, 11:18 PM
You snuck in on me!! lol! But at least I got the message before I went to bed. Thanks for starting the new thread! TTYL!

spryng
09-27-2003, 09:00 AM
Good morning all!!
Great news on my WI!!! I'm down 3.5#'s!!!!! I couldn't believe it either!! I'm out of the 160's now! And some more great news!! I'm wearing my size 12 jeans!!! Last week I could put them on and button them but zipping them would require some shallow breathing and walking funny (lol) but today I slipped them on and buttoned and zipped them with no problems!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I am on cloud nine right now. I've never lost 3.5 lbs before after the first week of a diet... never! This is so amazing! I guess I am doing something right!! Just wanted to share my good news with you all! TTYL!

mel17
09-27-2003, 12:39 PM
Congratulations Spryng!!!

makaau
09-27-2003, 09:43 PM
hi I am new here I am still getting to know the place I am a mom I have 3 kids I am trying to loose 10 pnds by halloween and 50 pnds all together my kids are Madison 5 yrs old Kadyn 3 yrs old and Aulivia almost 3 months old

mel17
09-27-2003, 09:57 PM
Welcome Makaau! You'll love it here, lot's of great women and all the support you need!

I'm Melissa, married mother of two, Ds 12 yrs, and Dd 5 weeks. I've just re-joined Weight Watchers and have about 100 lbs. to lose, to reach my goal. I look forward to getting to know you!

As for me, well, Dd is very fussy with this nasty cold and sore throat she's got, so I can't stay but would love to get some get well wishes over here! Take care, and I'll be back ASAP!

jelynn
09-27-2003, 10:21 PM
Welcome Makaau! We are living parallel lives! I have 3 kids as well, 5, 3 in a couple weeks and 5 months! Where are you in Utah (generally if you don't want to say) I have a couple sisters in South Jordan and we are visiting them next week! Hey, I'm 5'7 as well too :)

Spryng- WTG!!! WW must really be working for you! Or I should say you are working the program and your hard work is paying off:) :bravo:

Melissa- poor Myra! I sure hope she's on the mend soon! It's no fun having sick kids :(

WEll, I had a planned off day, but didn't go too crazy. i feel kinds gross though so maybe it's not even worth it! Back OP tomorrow. Well, Ian is getting ready for sleep and still needs a bath. I'll check in tomorrow...

butchie
09-27-2003, 10:49 PM
This is my first time to post here. I really need some support. I joined ww twice, the first time i lost 23 pds, I got a job and in less than a year I have gained 30 pound's. I can't seem to get back on the right track again. I like to walk I just have a problem controlling my sweet tooth. I hope to get a buddy. or at least some good advice.

Thank You,
Deb

LeanneM83
09-27-2003, 11:00 PM
I am new here too...
I am the mother of a 2.5 year old and I have a 7 week old.both BOYS....
During my pregnancy I gained 75+ pounds:doh: NOw I am working very hard to lose it...
As I am sure many of you know, it feels twice as hard when you have a husband and kids who can eat whatever they want...and you have to be the one to cook it, whether you can eat it or not.

So far I have lost 40 pounds, but I still have a lot more to go:cb: and I am completely motivated to do so...

Leanne

mel17
09-28-2003, 12:21 AM
Welcome Deb and Leanne!

You've come to the right place, this is support central, there's almost alway's someone here when you need a pat on the back or a gentle kick in the back side!

Deb, I have just re-joined WW, but I lost 66 lbs. with their program last year, before my Daughter came along. Now I'm trying to get back in the swing too! As for your sweet tooth, I know what you mean, but I have found some yummy goodies at the WW web site, maybe you could try some too! If you need anything let us help!

Leanne, I'm right there with you dear! I gained lots during my pregnancy too, and have lost about 50 of it, but still have more, just to get back to my prepregnancy weight and then even more after that! I can also relate to feeding the family while trying to diet. I've been lucky though, Dh and Ds like the recipies I've gotten from the WW web site. I've been cooking a lot of chicken by breading it and they love it! It's pretty easy to prepare too! Anyway, Welcome and good luck!

Well ladies, I just got Myra down and I'm going to try to get a little rest too! Good night, I'll be back tomorrow!

spryng
09-28-2003, 09:22 AM
Good morning all!
Wow! Look at all the new faces here! Exciting!! Welcome all!
Makaau, I love the way you spelled your kids names, especially Aulivia, that beautiful! And welcome to our thread. I hope to get to know you better soon! What plan are you on or thining about?
Deb! Another WW! That is so great. There are several of us here doing this one. I just joined 3 weeks ago and have lost 5.5 lbs on it so far. I really love it. And I think you will find both of what you are looking for here... advice and buddies, not to be concieted or anything but we are a great group of women here. :)
Leanne, welcome also! What plan are you on? It's hard to lose that pregnancy weight, especially if it wasn't your first pregnancy.
Well let me introduce myself. I'm Spryng (pronounced spring, real name, btw) I'm 23 and a mother of 3 children. Ava who is 3 1/2, Joseph (aka bubba, is 2 1/2) and little Tanner who is 3 months old, or 14 weeks. So I'm trying to get my pregnancy weight off too. Well actually I am already back down to my prepregnancy weight because I gained some before I got pregnant this last time but now I'm trying to get to a healthy weight. I'm married to a wonderful man of 5 years now. He just became an OTR truck driver so I don't see him much anymore... it's a long story why but basically we needed the income and there's not much to offer here where I live.
But welcome all and I hope you can find this thread your home away from home. I've been here almost 2 years now and I love this site and these women. I'm proud to say I've made very real friends here and love that. But we give support and encouragement as much as we get it so feel free to post about anything!
Mel, did you feel lonely here yesterday? lol. I'm sorry I deserted you. I actually was gone for most of the day. It was very unplanned. My DH was at his companies yard for the day so I drove the hour and 20 min to see him! It was really nice. We went out to eat, walked around a very neat outlet mall (I'll be going back very soon!) and just visited. The kids were happy to see their daddy. Then I came home and had WW3 with my 2 yo son. He was on a rampage all night and ended up having to go to bed early because of it. I hope he outgrows this phase soon. Oh yeah, and remember that Firm workout I said I did the other night? Well when I woke up yesterday my legs and such felt fine but as the day wore on I became so sore! Needless to say I didn't workout last night because I hurt too much. But even though I'm still sore today too I plan to at least get some upper body workouts in.
Emily, don't worry about your "off" day. Just make today great and get in extra water to flush your system and I'm sure you'll be fine. Yesterday I used up my flexpoints too but I'm not worried about it. :) I know I'll be good the rest of the week. And that's what they are for right? lol
Well last night I had a scare. I went to bed at 10 pm and at 11:30 pm I woke up startled to a sound. It was so scary for me. It sounded like someone was in my attic... and then it sounded like it was coming from my kitchen... and then outside my bedroon wall... I was so frightened! I've never been afraid to be by myself since DH left but last night I prayed so hard that he was there with me. When I sat up in bed it stopped, just like that. I grabbed my phone and called DH and he was worried about me too because I was crying and all that. I walked through the house and there was nothing.. and there is no way a person could be in my attic because there isn't a way in from outside and the entrance is in my room. So it had to be a cat or racoon or something crawling on my roof, and I figure they might have been in my trash because it's outside my bedroom wall. But still... last night I couldn't think rationally like I am now about it so I got my dd up and put her in bed with me. She was so sweet, she held my hand and we went to sleep. I guess that was what I needed. lol. Hopefully that doesn't happen again tonight.
Well anyway.. I guess I've wrote alot. I need to get dressed and get this day started. I'll chat with you all later!!

ECmom
09-28-2003, 10:19 PM
Pfew!!!!!
I missed a day and there are 3 new ladies posting and a new thread!! Welcome Deb, Leanne and Makaau. I wish I had time to get personal with each of you, but my one last brain cell is running out of steam.........and it has been a long weekend. I'm glad that you came to check this thread out- the friendship and encouragement are great.:)
Melissa- hope that Myra is getting over that cold soon!
Spryng- sounds like racoons to me.......what a scare! And nice that you could get another visit with Dh in! Congrats on the WI too!
Emily- we all have off days.....at my last WW meeting the leader asked how many had had "perfect" weeks (as far as WW goes)- and got no response. Then she went down to 6 good days, 1 bad.......got a few takers there.......most of us fell into 5-4 good days and we are still losing! You are doing fine....hang in there.

We had a busy weekend.......yesterday was non stop but fun. Not too good with my eating, but today is better and the weather has been shaky for walking. Got a 20 minute walk in today. But my alarm is already set for 4:50......and a cold front has come thru and it is nice and brisk out there... I am looking foward to that early walk! Better go get some sleep. Have a great nite.
Ginny

jelynn
09-29-2003, 12:05 AM
Welcome Deb and Leanne! (and makaau again :) ) I'm Emily, 34 mom to 3 boys...Brendan 5, Connor 3 in a couple weeks and Ian 5 months. I'm working on pregnancy weight too-- about 25 lbs from each! :lol:

Spryng- how scary! I would *freak* out too if I heard sounds and was by myself- I'm sure you are right though- something outside on the roof. How nice that you got to see your DH again so soon! Will he be there often at that yard or was this just a one time thing?

Ginny- I'm so glad to hear that losing is possible with 5-4 days!!!!! I did pretty well today, but tonight have had a run-in with cookie dough! UGH. I don't think my WI tomorrow will be great, and am tempted to skip...but I also want to stay accountable and know the only way I can is to assess the damage!

Well have a great night all...I'm going to attempt the early wake-up tomorrow and get a work out in- wish me luck!!! :wave:

mel17
09-29-2003, 09:44 AM
Morning~!

Spryng, nah~ I didn't get too lonely here, I was just happy to be able to pop in and visit! I'm happy that you got in an extra visit with Dh, and the Outlet mall sounds great too! As for your scare, well you handled it better than I would have, I'm sure I would have called 911 or something to that effect! I've gotten to be a big ole' chicken over the past few years! And living out in the country where we live has multiplied my fear too! Anway, I'm glad everythings Alright for you!

Ginny, I'm glad you're getting in your exercise~ can you get some for me too!?! :) I'm happy that you had a fun weekend too, how are things on the home front? Thank you for wishing Myra well, she finally seems to be on the mend! Yesterday she wasn't as fussy, so I guess the antibiotics are finally working!!! We had a nice day yesterday too, we decided to ride to the lake and also stopped off for lunch and then Wal-mart on the way home! I really enjoyed myself, especially since I feel like I haven't been anywhere but the DR.'s office lately.

Emily, Don't worry about an off day once in a while, WW works well that way so I'm sure that you'll be fine too! Remember, nobody's perfect, and don't beat yourself up about it! Actually, it could even help to boost your metabolisim by having an off day every now and then!

Well ladies, I think my house work is calling!

TTYL

spryng
09-29-2003, 10:12 AM
Good morning all!
Ginny, I admire you . I am so cold natured that I would have to wear an eskimo suit to walk at 5 am when a cold front has come through! lol. Yesterday is was about 65 in the house and I thought I was going to freeze to death! :) I was all bundled up. I was tempted to turn the furnace on but I knew that by afternoon it would be comfortable... and it was. A gorgeous day of 75. Today is another one.
Emily, did you get that WI today? Even when I haven't done well I still can't stay away from my scale. i used to be one of those that weighed everyday... but now it's once a week and sometimes the anticiaption is too much. But even if you gained at least you know where you stand and how much to work off. :)
Mel, so glad that Myra is feeling better. And your day to the lake sounded great. Did she like being outside? Tanner LOVES going outside. I took him out yesterday because he was getting a little fussy inside and as soon as I stepped out on the back porch he got quiet and started looking around. I think that even at this age they can get bored of their surroundings and need a change.
Well my day yesterday was good. It went by slow... but probably because I wasn't feeling too well yesterday morning. I little cranky myself, :) But by afternoon I was in a good mood and life was good. lol. My eating was right on target and I even did my upper body workout with the firm last night. It was 20 min and it flew by! That was the fastest workout I've ever done. My denise austin tape is 20 min but I find myself feeling like it's taking forever.. well I was just getting into my workout last night and feeling the burn in my shoulders and arms and such when it was over and the cool down started. Boy I love those dvds!! I can't say enough good things about them :) Today though my legs feel much better so I'll be doing the whole 45 minutes tonight of the body sculpting, upper and lower body. Maybe it's in my head but I feel like I'm seeing results already. My legs feel firmer, my thighs a little tighter...
Oh I have a question... if a person has cellulite, once they get to their goal weight and tone up with exercise will that go away? or is it like stretch marks that are there forever??
OK, got to work on my house too now. TTYL!

gemini
09-29-2003, 10:28 AM
GEESH!!! I feel like I've been away for a month!!! Sorry I was MIA...... worked all weekend.... :p

Welcome to the newbies, Makaau, Deb, and Leanne! I am Jen, 31yo mother of 3.... Eryn is 8yo, T.J. is 6yo, and Tyler will be 3 in November. I am a SAHM, but do work part-time, nights, as a student nurse, and attend nursing school, going for my RN. Stick around. this is a great place. :)

Ginny, Hope you got that walk in this morning. They say we will be getting that brisk, fall weather in this week, also. I love it! I am pulling out the sweaters and fleece! And maybe now I can get some much-needed yardwork done since I don't have the heat to contend with. :) Oh, and to answer a few questions that I didn't get to last week....... yes, my 3-mile WATP tape uses the weights. It came in a 3-pack that I bought, but it is probably the same one you have. And, no, my cats don't sit on the computer, but do occasionally crawl into my lap while I'm trying to type. Now, my dogs.... they always come up and lie on the bed while I'm at the computer (which is in the BR), and they know that as soon as the "AOL Guy" says "Goodbye!" it means Mom is done and they jump right off the bed and run downstairs! :lol: It cracks me up!

Spryng, first, CONGRATS on that awesome loss!!! You almost have me convinced to join WW myself. Actually, I think my plan is not far off the WW plan, and maybe it would be a little easier for me to count the points. I am thinking about it. I'm so glad you got an extra visit in with dh... sounds like you had a great time. How scary about those noises at night! Glad dd was there to comfort you. :) Oh, and the CEC we frequent has no ball pitt... I share your opinion. Hope you got that deep freezer cleaned out.... what a mess! And as for Slimfast snack bars, can I just say.... PEANUT BUTTER CRUNCH!!!! LOVE THEM!!!! :D

Mel, good for you for getting back on track with WW. I didn't realize you had lost so much before your pregnancy. I'm sure you'll be back down before long. I'm glad Myra is better, and sounds lilke you had a nice outting at the lake. :)

Emily, I'm with you..... I really feel, lately, that an "off" day is not worth it.... it really just makes me feel like garbage. However, an "off" hour can work wonders! :lol: Good luck with your WI.

Well, I am hanging in there. My eating for the weekend was pretty good. And, my exercising has been great... I worked out 5 out of 7 days last week...... that is great, as far as I'm concerned! I finally got the WATP for Abs tapes yesterday. Ginny, if you have not tried them, you should! I skipped the 1-mile and went right to the 2-mile this morn. It is very intense!!! Much more intense than the 2-mile one with the weights. The pace is much quicker, and she gets you right into it after a very quick warm-up. And, a few new moves, too. These tapes use a resistance band that goes around your waist. I've never had a flat tummy, and after 3 c-sections, well, you can just imagine the work I need! :lol: I think these tapes will really help. My muscles had a slight "quiver" after this 30 minute work out, so you know it was good. :)

And, for my big news......... WI this morning revealed I am down 2lbs. :) I am happy. I have almost 4 weeks to reach my anniversary goal...... I think if I really buckle-down with my eating, and keep up the exercise, I will get very close. :)

Well, I have TONS to do today. Gotta hit the grocery store, and I want to take advantage of this beautiful weather and get some yardwork in. Hope everyone is well........ talk soon...... :)

gemini
09-29-2003, 10:32 AM
Spryng, you snuck in on me! Glad you are loving your Firm workouts! :)

jelynn
09-29-2003, 11:06 AM
Just a quickie to report on my WI- down 0.8!! I consider that *great* considering the week. Now to try for a big loss this week!! I also have to report that I did NOT get up early to work out :( Ian was even up at 5:15...but I fell asleep nursing him back to sleep. The day is still young though and I will get a WATP video in!!!

BBL~

gemini
09-29-2003, 11:43 AM
Just reporting that I have hopped on the bandwagon and joined WW online.......... off to the grocery store. :)

spryng
09-29-2003, 02:14 PM
Jen, that is great news!!! Do you need a food points slider or calculator? I know where you can print off a slider if you are interested. Email me and let me know and I'll send you the site ( spryng@classicnet.net ) But I am so happy for you!! And to think I might have had some little effect on you to help you go for it makes my heart swell!! I can't wait to be counting points with you. And I think you will really enjoy the new Flexpoint program. It's so adaptable to our lifestyles. I personally use all my flexpoints in a day (at least so far) and am still losing fine. But if you have any questions or anything you know that all of us here will help you out! :) And congrats on getting that 2#s off! You are doing great already.
Emily, congrats to you also for your loss this week! I think that .8 is great too. It's almost a lb gone and that is something!
Well I was just popping on here to see how everyone is doing and it seems everyone is haveing a great OP day so far! I'm doing well too.
Well, guess I'll talk to you later!

gemini
09-29-2003, 03:31 PM
Spryng, thanks for the tip on the points slider....... I sent you an email. :)

KarenW
09-29-2003, 03:52 PM
Boy, I am gone for a weekend an look at all the new people!

Welcome everyone!!

I am Karen, SAHM of 2 DS age 7 and DD age 5. I am 36 and TODAY is my 13th Anniversary!! :) DH and I celebrated this weekend since he couldnt get today off! I am on Atkins at my doctor's request. I am insulin Resistant and since Diabetes runs in my family, this has been the best thing for me!

I dont have time to get to personal now, but I had to report:

WI today gals! I am down another 2 pounds and since this is my 8 week mark, I got to measure again! 7.5 more inches gone forever! SO my totals for 2 months are 14 pounds and 17 inches goe! WOO HOO! Talk about :cloud9: Woo HOO! :):):)

Ok.. I am off for now.. Gotta do homework with DD Yep even kindergarteners get homework at our school! Talk to you all later!

spryng
09-29-2003, 04:04 PM
Karen! That is so great! 14 lbs and 17 inches gone! Did you finally break down and buy some new jeans? You deserve it! I wouldn't buy many though because at this rate you will be needing the next size down in just a couple of weeks!!! I'm so proud of you! And happy anniversary! Glad you are DH got to celebrate together. So, has anyone commented on your weight loss? I'm sure it's becoming evident to all. You'll have to take some before and after pictures to share with us when you hit your goal.
Well I am a little frustrated. I know what that noise was the other night for sure now.. a cat was stuck under our house! I saw it last week and thought it came out... well when DH was home and mowed the lawn he covered the hole up that the cat could get under there in. I never told him that a cat was living under our house. He left last wednesday so that poor cat has been under there for almost a week!! Today I heard the most pitiful crying and went out there and moved the covering from the hole and sure enough... there the cat is. But I'm frustrated because I can't get the cat to come out. It's very skittish and starving I'm assumming. So I warmed up some hamburger meat and have it laying out there and it still won't come out! I need it out so I can cover that hole back up so the kids won't climb under there. Ugh... cats. I'm not a big fan.
I'm also getting ready to take Tanner to get his first shots. I'm not looking forward to that either. And I also am moving him out of his bassinet today. He is getting so big that his feet touch one end of the bassinet and his head the other so it's time to put him in the play pen I have set up in my room for him. I hope he likes it. I'm sure he will. He likes to stretch out and he'll be able to do that in there better. But not having him right next to my bed will be a little weird for me. But I can still see him through the mesh of the playpen too so it's not that big of a deal. :)
Well, I've blabbed enough, lol. TTYL!

KarenW
09-29-2003, 04:52 PM
Spryng - I happened to catch you just now.. About the cat.. Call your local SPCA or animal control. They would be able to either help you get the cat out or at least give you some tips on how to get it out! I hope you get that taken care of!

Shots! I remember well! I am sure it will be fine! Just remember to give him either Tylenol or Ibuprofin before you go! IT helps! :)

jelynn
09-29-2003, 07:07 PM
:bravo: Karen!!!! You are doing awesome!!! :cp: Whoo-hoo! I agree- go buy some new jeans, girl! And Happy Anniversary! Our is the 26th- don't you love this time of year? It is so beautiful.

Spryng- Poor little kitty! Hope it find it's way out- I'm sure it will in time. If not I agree w/ Karen to call your SPCA...

Well, I am happy to report that I did the 2-mile WATP video! It was great and I felt like I really worked out. If I have time later I would like to go on another outside this evening. The reason I may not have time is that I'm buying 25 lbs of pears (only .59/lb!) and if they are ripe I'm going to can them tonight.

Better get dinner on for the family! ttfn :wave:

LeanneM83
09-30-2003, 07:56 AM
Wow,

Sounds like every one is doing pretty well here...I am wokring my BUTT off, literally to lose the weight i put on while I was pregnant.
I am actually doing a program that I did after I had my first son. Basically, it involves low calories, low carbs....I have modified it slightly to allow me to eat more, but initally it is REALLY strict and SO hard. But, I am totally motivated.
:p
Congrats to you all for doing so well this week......

Leanne

gemini
09-30-2003, 09:25 AM
good morning...........

I have not had any snooze-time yet, so I am very tired, but I have a question for all the WW girls. I need to get your opinions on if I'm tracking my points correctly. My target points per day is 22. I am figuring that those 22 points are good for a 24 hour period. Remember that I work overnites, so there are several times during the week that I actually eat 24hours around the clock, and don't get that "down time" from eating while most people sleep. I worked last night, so here's what I did.......

By 10pm last night, I had eaten 13.5 points. I had not had dinner yet, since I eat late, at work. So, I had 8.5 points left for the day. Before midnight, I ate a 4 point Smart Ones meal, and a 3 point "snack" (hot cocoa). So, that left me with a surplus of 1.5 points for the day.

Once it turned midnight, I figured I should start right back at 22 points, which would be good until tonight at midnight. (I don't work tonight). After midnight, I had some apple crisp that I brought for my co-workers (4pts), then oatmeal for breakfast at about 5:30am (3pts), and a 2.5 point snack once I got home. So, that leaves me with 12.5 points for the rest of the day. It doesn't sound like much, but I truly won't eat much the rest of the day. This is sort of my "down time" for eating, since I will rest until after noontime. I know I will probably just have a 4 point Smart Ones dinner tonight since it will be a busy evening, so that gives me 8.5 points to play with during the afternoon. I doubt I will use them all, and I will try to get a light work-out in also, probably just good for 1 point.

So, does this sound right? It really sounds like I am eating constantly, but I think I am staying within points range. Opinions, please.

off to the couch...... be back later......... :)

spryng
09-30-2003, 09:40 AM
Jen that does sound right. If you start your points at midnight and end at midnight it will be just fine. Just remember that you want to get as close to your target points as possible. It was hard for me at first but now I end the day every day at 22 pts. I've been reading the message boards over there at WW.com and it seems most are losing the best by hitting their target points every day and eating some flexpoints. So I'm trying to do the same and so far it's working. But I think you will have it down it no time. Alot of people have a hard time eating all their points but it seems to change after a couple of weeks and then they eat it all plus FP! So you'll adapt!
Leanne, what program are you on? Sounds resrtictive but I hope it works for you. :) Are you working out?
Well I need to get off here and get my day going. BTW, I ended my day yesterday on target and got in my workout. I did lower body again and boy was it hard! But so far today I'm not sore so maybe I did all the stretches right :) TTYL!

ECmom
09-30-2003, 10:55 AM
Good morning!!!
Well, I left a nice long post last night.......and then I had some ISP problems and it got lost!!!!!!!:( So here I am again, with a very busy day ahead of me. One of the schools has an early closure today, so I am on the road in 30 minutes. Did get up early and get that all important walk in though. Ah, cool weather.....felt great!!:D

Jen- congrats on joining WW!!!!!:D Spryng and I love it......for that matter Melissa too. I agree with what Spryng told you about the points.......but also to remind that you are getting points for the week- that is the way the new journal works. You do not have to eat perfectly balanced each day, as long as your weekly totals are good you are fine. And what was mentioned in my meeting last week echoed the above, most members are using their flex points......and those who are not are not losing any faster, no matter what the WW literature says! Use the flex points and enjoy them!:D And remember, you will lose weight at your own pace. You're off to a great start!!!!

Spryng-good for you staying OP. And getting those workouts in.
Guess you are not babysitting anymore, right? Kind of nice having just your own kids (even though the extra cash was nice I'm sure). I used to do some sitting and found that to be the truth.

Leanne- glad that you are so motivated!!!! It's got to show up on the scale!:)

Emily- you can also??? (I'll be up to my eyeballs in grape jelly and applesauce soon!). WTG getting the workouts in. I think I'm going to have to get another tape for the winter.
Gotta go back to work! See ya later!! (sorry if I missed anyone)
Ginny

need2losemore
09-30-2003, 11:02 AM
Good morning everyone.
Wow. I don't get on here for a couple days, and the thread is already long, and there are new people! Welcome Deb,Leanne adn Maaku. I am Ricci, mom of 2 boys, 5 and 3. I have lost 40 lbs in the last two yrs, but need to lose about 30 more. I am just doing portion control, and exercising. You all will definately find the support you need here.
It is cold and rainy here today. Its only suppossed to be 55 all day. Today I got up at 6:30 and did my aerobics, and when dh gets home I will go walk at the track for an hour or so. I am procrastinating today. I need to go work on my jewelery for a craft fair this weekend, but am so tired of it I am putting it off.
Last night before we went to sleep, dh was brushing his teeth and heard water dripping. He thought I was doing something in my bathroom, but he listened more, and it was coming from our water heater closet. He opened the door and water was dripping quite heavily from the from a part of the water heater that was near the ceiling. We thought something was wrong with the water heater pipes, and said we will call the maintence guy in the morning. Well, as was closing the door, water started dripping from the crack between the ceiling and the door frame. Then I looked up and water was coming out of the exhaust fan. Come to find out our upstairs neighbor's toilet had backed up and overflowed and was now leaking into our hallway bathroom. It was a mess, and totally gross after we found out it was toilet water. Well the maintenece guy came and fixed the problem , and now its back to normal. Luckily we didn't have any water damage, and it stayed in the bathroom. Well, that was my excitement for the week. Sounds like everyone is doing well and staying OP. I will try to pop back in here later.
Ricci

jelynn
09-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Good morning everyone!
It's a beautiful Fall day today- I love this time of year!! Ginny- I don't can tons, but think I will get more into it next year. I've done tomatoes this year and raspberry syrup. I usually do strawberry and raspberry freezer jam. I've done peaches once and I have some apples for applesauce. I love having a stocked pantry! lol

Well, you guys have me wanting to count points! But I don't want to join right away- can't afford it right now anyway. My sister was just talking about joining on Friday too and I'm wondering if she decided to. Can you find out your points on-line or could one of you tell me what it is for my weight?

Every month some girlfriends and I get together for a dinner- we all take turns hosting and choosing the main dish...anyway, this month's is tonight so I'm gearing up for it. I'm going to try to enjoy a little bit of everything, but really watch my portions! I'm making a low-fat crab/spinach dip and toasting some pita chips- guess I'll stick with that if everything else is BAD!

Ricci-eeewwwwww! SO glad that wasn't worse!!!! Last year we had rain for 3 days straight and the sewers backed up...everyone around us had water (sewage-yuck!) ankle deep in their basements. I don't know how we were so lucky! What kind of jewelry do you make?

:cp: to everyone doing so well!!!

bbl:wave:

mel17
09-30-2003, 01:35 PM
Emily, your points target is 28, you and I have the same target! If you're wanting to join WW, you might want to check, because they've been having a special~ no joining fee, you only pay for the weekly fee for your first week! Anyway, it's a great program and so easy to stick with, I love it!!! My weigh in is tonight so cross your fingers!!!

Ricci, you poor thing! Your luck sounds about like mine, something always goes wrong, there's always some challenge to deal with around here. I'm glad they got it fixed for you!

Spryng, you go girl! I hope your energy and will are contagious!

Hello to everyone! Ginny, Jen~ Hi!

I'll be back after weigh in!

gemini
09-30-2003, 01:47 PM
Hey girls........ had a little snooze and almost feeling human again. :)

Ginny, Spryng, thanks for the opinions. I am trying hard to stay very close to my target points during the week because I tend to take the weekends "off" and I know I will use all of my flex points on Saturday and Sunday! We are big football fans here, and we always have our own little "tailgate" parties in the living room on Sunday. And this weekend, we may be heading to a fair with lots of yummy food. :) So, I don't want to use them up during the week. Yesterday, I had planned out my food for the day so I would have just 1/2 point left at the end, but I didn't get that apple crisp in before midnight, so it went towards today's points instead. But I will definitely get all my points in today, even if I have to force myself to indulge in a bit of frozen yogurt to get there! :lol:

Emily, I would have to look up the points for your weight. I know that you get 22 points if you weigh 150lbs-173lbs, and 24 points for over 174lbs, but I don't know what the top of that range is. Enjoy your dinner with friends.... it sounds like great fun! How about sharing that recipe?

Ricci, what a bummer about the neighbor's toilet! (sorry, sleep-deprivation efects my warped sense of humor!). Glad you got it cleared up before there was any real damage.

Well, I gotta get my butt in gear and get a workout in, then get the house picked up. Tuesday evenings are crazy, with dd needing to get to/from dance class, and ds has a street hockey game........ both at the same time, and during the dinner hours. I may not get back here til tomorrow.... hope everyone has a good evening.......... :)

spryng
09-30-2003, 02:48 PM
Good afternoon all!
I just jumped on here for a second.
Ginny, no I'm not babysitting that little girl this week, and I wasn't being paid for it. I did it as a favor to my couin (it was her boyfriends neice) but I don't think I will do it again. It drained me. I was never one of those girls that liked to babysit growing up... so I didn't. I adore my kids and they are about all I can handle, lol.
But for us WW gals I came accross a very neat recipe I thought we could try. It's call the Diet Coke Cake. Heard of it?
Ok here it is:
1 box cake mix
1 can diet soda
Mix dry cake mix and 10-12 oz of diet soda and then bake in oven for recommended baking times on the cake mix box. That's it!
Point values vary depending on cake mix. But just tally the points for the cake mix, not the extra stuff the box calls for. Everyone I hear that has tried it loves it!
Some say to add 2 eggs whites to firm it up a little more and some say it's fine without. You have to decide that on your own. Also you can use your imagination and try out different combinations, like diet coke with chocolate..or diet sprite with yellow... etc. Some use fruit for topping and others use FF cool whip w/ sugar free cocoa mix powder mixed together... the possibilities are endless!
I'm going shopping tomorrow and plan to try the diet coke with chocolate one. I'll let you know how it turns out when I make it. But it sounded interesting so I wanted to post it here for us!
Ok, got to go. TTYL!

KarenW
09-30-2003, 03:22 PM
Emily - If you want to do WW now but cannot afford to join, along with the gals here to help you, check out Dottie's Weight Loss Zone (http://www.dottiesweightlosszone.com) she is AWESOME and that site helped me lose my 56 pounds on WW back in 1999. She has everything you can think of plus WW message boards for strickly WW. I think she still does regional get togethers too!

I am having a great day so far. I am going to get on the treadmill in a few, but I thought I would check in!

Hugs to all!

LeanneM83
09-30-2003, 11:19 PM
Hi there

Yes, the program I am on us VERY restrictive, but it is giving me the results I want...
Yes, I am working out faithfully at least 5 times a week. I am in "training" to run a 10km run by next May. I am presently up to running 6km (my longest run to date) but no less than 3km the other days I run....AT least twice a week, my 2 month old son and I "strollersize", which is a group that walks around a track doing various exercises...it's a wonderful class, it is great also because it works areas different from when I run, and it is a social class too....other than that, I have a pilates tape that I have been doing because I am trying to tone all that yucky flabby skin I have from being pregnant...:(
WHat is everyone else doing?? I know working out is not always fun, but over the years I find I enjoy it a lot...For me, it also helps having a goal MONTH and working towards it, drives me to try as hard as I can each time I work out...
Sorry to go on about myself so much, I would really like to know what everyone else does and what they found has worked for them and what hasnt...???
Leanne

spryng
09-30-2003, 11:43 PM
Good evening all!
Leanne... I have been on a ton of diets. Atkins, Carb addicts diet, low fat, very low fat and high fiber, food combining, rotation diet, pills, slimfast, the list goes on and on... all of these worked to an extent but wasn't for me. I couldn't make them part of my lifestyle. So now I am on WW, this is week 3 for me. I feel like it is home, you know? Something I can do even after I reach my goal weight. I am also doing one of my Firm Dvd's everyday and feel the results. It sounds like you are doing what is right for you and that is great. I think any program can be successful if a person is dedicated and views it as permanent and not just a quick fix. I was so bad about starting diets just thinking that as soon as I hit my goal weight I could go back to "normal" eating. Well, after a few years of trying and never succeeding... I now know that you have to modify your lifestyle in order for anything to work for you and I can never go back to how I ate when I was 18 and had no weight issues. I'll never be that thin without trying teenager again. I'm ok with that. :) Ok, but enough preaching to the choir, lol. You have great goals and a good workout routine. I'm so glad you have joined us to encourage one another to make it! You sound very motivated!
Karen, I hope you have time to post more! How was your treadmill workout? I really want to buy one next year. Can you run on yours? I really want to take up running and a treadmill is the only place I can do it since I can't take all three kids running down the street with me! lol.
Well my day has been LONG. Their not kidding when they call it the terrible twos are they?? :) But I did end the day on target (I'm even enjoying a bowl of healthy choice rocky road ice cream!! YUM) and I got my workout in. I did the abs sculpt tonight for the first time and I have a feeling I will be very sore tomorrow. It was quite the workout. Can I say again how thrilled I am for buying those DVDs? I just love them! I actually look forward to doing one everynight. That is a first for me. I used to have to force myself to get some exercise in and now I can't wait until the kids get in bed, I talk to my DH and then pop in my workout. It's a wonderful way for me to unwind after a long day.
Well, guess I'll get off here. I promised myself that I would get in bed at a decent hour tonight. TTYL!

ECmom
10-01-2003, 07:02 AM
Good morning!!!!
This is gonna be short....I have yet to go to work yet.:dizzy:
Spryng- which DVD's are you using? (brain dead me.....) Hope you are not too sore today!

Leanne- great for you getting all that excercise in! If you find anything good for the flabby skin......let me know. My tummy (after 3 kiddies) needs a face lift!:lol:

Ricci- aw you poor thing with the neighbors toilet. Hope the cleanup was not too bad!

Karen- hope your day finished off as well as it started. Did you get your workout in?

Jen- your life sounds as nuts as mine......:dizzy: Sounds like you are doing fine on WW. And a good idea to save those flex points for the weekend. I try to save them for tough days also.

Melissa- well........how was your WI!!!!! I am sure great- you did so well on WW B4.

Emily- gotta love that fall weather.....it is here too!:) You have lots of WW help here at this thread......there are so many of us on it. Your DS should be able to help too if she joins.

No walk for me today....I am pooped and getting a cold. So I slept in until 5:20:lol: . Tomorrow DM is having some minor surgery- but Dd and I will be heading down to bring her home from the hospital. (got the afternoon off). I won't be going to a meeting this week.....just too much on tap otherwise. Today I have a ton of errands to do to get ready for not being home at all tomorrow......does life ever settle down? Gotta go wake up Dd for school. Somehow, I will get at least one AP in today. Have a great day!
Ginny

KarenW
10-01-2003, 10:10 AM
HI Everyone!

I didnt get my walk in yesterday. It was so busy! I dont know if I ever mentioned this, but one of my crochet students is 53 and dying of breast cancer. She just had her first grandchild last month and we have been working since June on getting a layette done for her. Well, she is really not feeling well now. At first the doctor told her she ouldnt live past September, but she is still here and yesterday the doctor told her that if it wasnt for the cancer, she is really healthy, heart lungs, live kidneys are all functioning at a 30 year olds rate! So she will be with us for a bit longer (She has been battling for 7 years now). But the chemo is getting to her. So I had to finish the booties for her. She did the Afghan, Saque and bonnet. But I feel great about helping her a bit!

Leanne - I work out at my gym 4-5 days a week. I use the treadmill, eliptical and do resistance training on the machines as well as using free weights. My goal for 2004 is to walk in a 3 or 5 K. Eventually I want to run as well.

Spryng - Yes, you can run on my home treadmill. I got it at Sears almost 3 years ago now. I do love it as it has the incline, heart monitor, random setting, etc. When I was running a couple of years ago, it was awesome! If you get one, I highly recomend sears service (I got a proform treadmill) becasue they come out every year and clean it as well as tune it up. Because I have them do that, it hasnt broken down on me yet. But then again, I only use it 2-3 times a week now instead of the 4-5 like I used to.

today I go in to the gym and have my 4 week WI and measure for the wall of success! I promise to post my results when I get back! I will post more later too! :)

gemini
10-01-2003, 10:30 AM
Good morning, girls. :)

Well, I am feeling rested today! We got home from ds's street hockey game at 7:45pm last night. I helped the kids get in their jammies, donned mine, then stretched out on my bed for "just a moment"..... I was out til 5am this morn when dd woke me to tell me she thought something was wrong with "Buddy" (her fish.... he was fine)! I went back to sleep and didn't get up til 7am! Whew..... I never even heard dh getting the kids to bed last night! :lol:

Karen, can't wait to hear your results today..... you are doing great! I am very sorry to hear about your student with BC..... I hope she feels better soon. I have a very dear friend who is a BC survivor. She is doing well, thank God.

Spryng, I can commiserate on the terrible 2's. For some reason, my older two kids never seemed bad at 2, but this last one is a challenge! And, I always thought 3 was worse than 2, and he'll be hitting that stage next month! :dizzy: I am glad you are liking your Firm series...... you sound the same way I feel about the WATP tapes. I do them in the morning, after the kids leave for school and while ds watches The Wiggles. I actually look forward to doing them and am feeling so strong because of it.

Ginny, I can sympathize with your "tummy troubles"! I have NEVER had a flat tummy, even as a teenager when I was otherwise thin. After 3 preganancies and c-sections..... well, UGH!!! But, I have to tell you, I think the WATP for Abs tapes are helping!!! They use a belt with resistance bands, and the aerobic intensity is greater than the tapes that use the weights, but still low-impact. You should check them out.... especially if you are looking for something new for the winter. Sorry about your cold..... I hope you feel better quickly and are able to get some rest.

Leeann, to answer you on the exercise question..... as I mentioned above, I like doing the Walk Away the Pounds tapes. I have six of them....... 3 use hand weights and 3 use the belt with resistance bands. They come in 1 mile, 2 mile and 3 mile workouts. I do the 2 mile tapes the most, and I use the 1 miles for those days after I've worked all night and I don't have much energy. The 3 miles are very intense, so I save those for when I'm feeling VERY strong! :) I also have a recumbant bike, which I haven't used much lately, but I will go to if I get bored of the tapes. And, I supplement, to, with some outdoor walking and hiking, and an occasional power skate at the rink. :) Two months ago, it was a struggle just to even think about exercising. But since I've kept it up regularly, I feel so good and hate it when I miss a work-out. I shoot for 5 days/week, or more.

So gang, what's for dinner tonight? I have some ground chicken thawing and will make chicken meatloaf with mashed potatos. Add some 0 point cooked steamed broccoli and that's an 8 point dinner for me. :) I had a 4 point breakfast, so I still have 10 points to play with for the day...... plenty for a good lunch and a snack or two. :)

Well, off to hit the shower, then get some things done. I have tonight off from work and the kids have no activities, but we do have a builder coming (right in the middle of dinner...... dh does not think!) to talk about our addition. Never a dull moment! :dizzy: Hope everyone is well..... have a great day! :)

need2losemore
10-01-2003, 10:32 AM
hey guys, started a new thread. see you there

LeanneM83
10-01-2003, 10:37 PM
Well, sounds like I am not the only one struggling through the terrible two's.Spryng, I hope the terrible two's stop VERY soon, my son is drving me nuts with the temper tantrums and the "no's", I can't believe how all of a sudden he is repeating us, so we have to watch our language all the time.....he goes to pre-school right now, he is the youngest there and he can be so mean....and moody....and if I hear the word "mine" again I may scream........but even with that I wouldnt change it for the world!
Ginny-so far I am doing this "pick your spot pilates" tape, it does 10 minutes for each of your belly, bum and thighs......so far so good, but at this point I think ANYTHING will help my belly....Although, I hear doing 500 crunches a day works too.yuck!
Well, I am going to attempt another run tomorrow, about6-6.5km.....hopefully it goes well.......

Good night all.....

Leanne

spryng
10-02-2003, 08:54 AM
Hi Leanne! A new thread was started. Go up to the support forum and look for SAHM # 89, after these threads become a few pages long someone starts a new one.... see you there!