Carb Counters - First Official Atkins Challenge

View Full Version : First Official Atkins Challenge

Leenie
09-25-2003, 11:13 AM
We need some shaking up on this board so I was thinking of a challenge !

ARE YOU WITH ME ?

Lets set a realistic goal, how about 1 - 2 lbs a week until Thanksgiving ?

So we will start the Challenge on Monday, September 29th until November 26th (day b/4 Thanksgiving). This would give us 8 1/2 weeks.

How does 15 lbs sound ?

You do not have to post your weight here, you can keep it private if you wish.

I just feel I need something to aim for.

Any takers ?

:write:
Start -
Monday, September 29th (or now if you'd like lol)
End -
Wednesday, November 26th
Goal -
15 BIG FAT POUNDS

:cheers:

KarenW
09-25-2003, 11:25 AM
I am IN!

This is a great challenge for me too because on the 29th i will have been on atkins for 8 weeks solid! :)

When did this new atkins board get set up?

Leenie
09-25-2003, 12:23 PM
Karen the WONDERFUL 3FCs sisters set Atkins up this week :)

Kim in NJ
09-25-2003, 02:35 PM
I'm IN!
No time to write now but 1-2 a week is what I am hoping for as well.

KarenW
09-25-2003, 02:43 PM
Are we going to WI just once a week, or for those of us who have a hard time staying off the scale more than 3 days, can we report losses as we see them?

Leenie
09-25-2003, 04:04 PM
You can weigh in any time you like, I think by sharing our success' it will help :D

Froufy
09-25-2003, 04:11 PM
But Canadian Thanksgiving is in a few weeks! (Oct 13th)...and I don't think I can lose 15 lbs by then! lol

Did you realize that New Year's Eve is about 15 weeks away??? Maybe we need a 2004 challenge to lost 15 lbs by New Year's Eve? What a celebration???

Otherwise I'll send you my turkey leftovers...ha ha...I have already found some sugar free spiced cranberry sauce, and I am anxious to try it out!

Froufy

LittleFreedom
09-25-2003, 04:37 PM
I'm game!!!!! This is great! :)

angel-eyes
09-25-2003, 06:31 PM
Hey girls.....I"M IN FOR THE LONG HAUL!!! Put me in the challenge. I'm already part of another challenge with some friends not in 3FC, so what's one more? My weigh ins are on Fridays, I'll try to remember about Mondays though.....
Froufy......a sugar free cranberry sauce. YUMM.....come to think of it, my MIL makes one all the time!! (but she's a walking allergy person with a ton of reactions) I can't say that I've ever wanted to eat it though....given her track record. She once made an apple crisp.....but didn't use oatmeal (spelt flour) and did'nt use brown sugar (rice syrup) and didn't use all apples (also used peaches and apples) and ???? oh, the only thing she really used was cinnamon!!! lol, but other than that...IT WAS APPLE CRISP!!

StorybookMama
09-25-2003, 06:48 PM
I'm game!!

However, I have one caveat that only applies to me.

I started Atkins this week, but am having abdominal surgery on the 9th so I don't know how my body will react to the IV's - the surgery may knock me out of ketosis.

I was hoping to wait until after the surgery but it kept getting put off so I started in spite of it.

Thankfully it is supposed to be a day surgery (unless it's worse than they think it is) and I should be home the same day. That will get me back on track faster than if I am in the hospital for a few days.

I also can't do any sort of exercise except walking until the surgery (C-section hernia).

But, I can do 15 pounds by Thanksgiving anyhow! What a great goal - I'll add it to my signature line.

What are we going to call this??

barbmarie
09-25-2003, 07:26 PM
I'm in. I am also part of the Great Pumpkin Challenge on the LowCarb thread. The weigh in days are Monday. So this should keep me on track. My goal is to be in the 140's. I would be happy just to see the scale bounce off 149.

Leenie
09-26-2003, 09:22 AM
SBM, good luck with the surgery and don't worry you just do the best you can.

fullfig
09-26-2003, 10:24 AM
i'll be glad to join too. i'm like you, karen, just can't stay off the scales. you are doing great. actually, we all are--slowly but surely getting to where we want to be. have a great day!

jenny 1
09-26-2003, 12:19 PM
Sounds good to me. Monday will start my 2nd week.

I guess this will force me to get on the scale and see what the damage is.;)

dinki
09-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Hi,
This is just what I have been looking for. I need a push. I have been on atkins for 3 months but have become stuck. I am in.
Thanks, dinki

sw170
cw144
gw129

pason147
09-28-2003, 12:07 PM
Count me in too. I am new to this site and have been reading all of the posts. I read all of the bios and added mine there too.

Good luck to all!!

dinki
09-28-2003, 01:00 PM
Hi I cheated a little last night with a barbq snadwich but now I am on the straight and narrow. Less than 20 carbs a day.
Good Luck everyone.

Leenie
09-28-2003, 09:50 PM
Its NEVER to late to join in so just copy and add your name to the list.....

ON YOUR MARK........

GET SET ..................

Leens
KarenW
Kim in NJ
Froufy
Littlefreedom
Angel-Eyes
StoryBookMama
Barbmarie
Fullfig
Jenny 1
Dinki
Pason147

GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dinki
09-28-2003, 11:14 PM
It has been a good day, I have stuck to this diet well and went on a 3 mile walk. I will weigh in tomorrow in the morning. Ok all stay motivated and do well.

GOOD LUCK AND WORK HARD ALL:
dinki

KarenW
09-29-2003, 11:45 AM
Hi Everyone!

I didnt see a new thread for this.. so I thought I would post here!

I weighed in this morning and my start weight for the challenge is 186.5! WOO HOO!! :) I am down already 14 pounds in 8 weeks! :)

So my goal for the challenge is to be down somewhere between 176.5 and 171.5 by the end of the challenge! I think I can do that! :) I will edit my signature in a little while!

Swedemella
09-29-2003, 12:16 PM
Another challenge, hopefully this one will keep me motivated ... I seem to be able to do 4 days and then I succumb to chocolate (that is my biggest vice :( ) ...

I realised however that dark chocolate 70% cocoa) is about 32 grams of carbs for a whole bar and I feel that if I've had a very good couple of days I will allow myself some ...

I've only got 16lbs to go but they are definitely the worst ...

So I've added myself to the list and my WI will be on Tuesday so I will let you know how you can loose weight whilst still eating chocolate (or NOT) ... ;)

J

Leens
KarenW
Kim in NJ
Froufy
Littlefreedom
Angel-Eyes
StoryBookMama
Barbmarie
Fullfig
Jenny 1
Dinki
Pason147
Swedemella

Leenie
09-29-2003, 02:14 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone...

First I want to wish everyone MUCH success in the up and coming weeks. Its not going to be an easy journey but I know with the support of you all, it will be a pleasant one.

Just remember, don't do anything to harm yourself, this really isn't a race, although I did say on your mark.... :lol: And every pound lost means we are big winners.

Lets just all do our dangest to get there. Who know's by Christmas.........whoooooooohoooooooooo !!!!

Hugs All

Kim in NJ
09-29-2003, 02:32 PM
Well - I weighed 222 to start today. I am off and running (oh I wish I was "running" - for exercise!) I am going to try to get to that 207 mark by Turkey Day. I know I can do it!!!!!

tamibeep
09-29-2003, 03:20 PM
Hey, can I join y'all? I just started doing Atkins this weekend and I'd like to sign up for that removal of fifteen pounds by Thanksgiving thing. That'll put me at 195.5.

I think I can do that.

barbmarie
09-29-2003, 09:46 PM
OK. Challenge starts today. Weight this AM 165. Hope to be in the 140's by the end, at least 149. Good luck all!

Leens, can you keep a running tally of the total pounds lost for the whole group? That would be cool if we could lose a combined 100lbs or so? Just an idea. Sort of a "team project".

angel-eyes
09-29-2003, 11:45 PM
Hey girls. I'm pulling up the rear as I think I'm the last to log in my start weight for the day. My weigh in was 226 and I certainly hope to be losing more than the .5 lb than I did last week. (but then TOM came this morning...bright and early) blech. Hey Karen...you and me kid !! I would love...LOVE, to be rid of 15 lbs by turkey time too!! BANG!!!...there's the starting pistol....

nursenicki069
09-30-2003, 01:08 AM
so the challenge is 15 pounds by Thanksgiving..is this correct? I would like to get in the challenge too

Start date 2-03
SW-251.5
CW-213.0
GW-175

dinki
09-30-2003, 02:30 AM
Hi all!!!!

I would love to loose 15 pounds by Thanksgiving. I weghed in this morning at work. I work in an ER as a RN. my weight was 144#. We work 12 hour shifts, and it was a busy day so I was too pooped to exercise. So I need to make up for lost exercise.
My diet was good today, I am very motivated.

Work Hard All
dinki

fullfig
09-30-2003, 03:43 AM
hi all. my start weight for this challenge is 192. so, 15 would take me down to 177. i hope i can do it. i've only lost a lb or 2 since the first two weeks were done. i'm gonna try to exercise at least 3 times a week to help pick up the pace. good luck everyone.

Leenie
09-30-2003, 02:41 PM
Hi Tamibeep WELCOME !!!!!! glad you joined in, its gonna be great.

Barb a running tally is great....

Just copy and past and put your pounds LOST next to your name....

Here's the list......
NAME: - POUNDS LOST:
Leens -
KarenW -
Kim in NJ -
Froufy -
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes -
StoryBookMama -
Barbmarie -
Fullfig -
Jenny 1 -
Dinki -
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -

TOTAL: _________

This is wonderful you guys you all have such great idea's.

supersized
09-30-2003, 11:25 PM
I would like to join in. I'm gonna try for 15 by Thanksgiving. I'm currently at 183. 168 was also my goal for the gpc. I don't think I'm gonna get it off by Halloween though. I've only lost 5 pounds since that one started. I think I have the slowest metabolism in the world. 15 by Thanksgiving sounds pretty realistic to me. I've got to get myself motivated enough to exercise.

Good luck to all of us!

Leenie
10-01-2003, 05:01 PM
Well its hump day.......everyone surviving ?

barbmarie
10-02-2003, 05:25 AM
Hi all,,, 1AM here and I just ate a COOKIE! What is wrong with me? I didnt even really want it, just angry that I have been so good, on program, but losing soooo slowly, I just didnt care for a sec. Good thing I stopped at 1. So how is your Wednesday starting out?

jodes
10-02-2003, 10:19 AM
I'm in as of today. I'd like to lose 15 by Thanksgiving. I think having folks to check in with daily really helps. Good luch to everyone. Can someone suggest some meal plans for lunch?

Jodi

Leenie
10-02-2003, 11:29 AM
Awww Barb, so sorry the cookie monster got to you, that happened to me last saturday except I didn't have one cookie...oy. And I felt miserable after I piged out. But so far this week I'm doing good, so onward we must go. You know, you should pat yourself for stoping after one cookie, I would have finished the box. Good Job !!

I'm praying for everyone this week, that we all have some sort of movement in the scale (or tape measure).

We need a name for our group, a fun name....any suggestions ?

Hi Jodes !! you know that question regarding lunch suggestions/idea's would make a nice thread.. please do.

Leens -
KarenW -
Kim in NJ -
Froufy -
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes -
StoryBookMama -
Barbmarie -
Fullfig -
Jenny 1 -
Dinki -
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized -
Jodes -

StorybookMama
10-02-2003, 04:43 PM
Okay.

I had a lesson in Atkins this weekend. I have never been surrounded by more sweets than I have in the past 5 days. Guess how many times I cheated??? ZERO!!

Okay, so my lesson? I weighed in at 277 on Sunday morning. By Monday morning, I weighed 283. WTF?? How could that have happened... I was very sad... I didn't cheat... I stayed ON program. I didn't drink quite enough water on Sunday because I was out and about... but still.... 6 pounds??

So, I was really sad about this but decided to stick with it. Well waht do you know... the first AF I've had since MAY showed up. (not unusual, I'm still nursing off and on.) And by this morning I was back down to 277. So, because of that variation, I'm counting my starting weight as 277 which puts me at 262 before Thanks giving.

So, I lost 8 pounds my first week... and am still at 8 pounds thanks to AF.

This is SOOOO cool. I'm glad all of us have joined in.

Leenie
10-03-2003, 09:33 AM
I'm crossing everything on my body today in hopes that we all have a great trip on that scale......

Oh please oh please oh please lol

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!!!

Leens -
KarenW -
Kim in NJ -
Froufy -
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes -
StoryBookMama - 8
Barbmarie -
Fullfig -
Jenny 1 -
Dinki -
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized -
Jodes -

Kim in NJ
10-03-2003, 10:05 AM
I'm confused - what else is new!
Are we weighing in each Monday AM?
Maybe we should have a weekly weigh in thread but use this one to talk about our challenges/successes?

We could keep a running tally of how much the group has lost as a whole.... Maybe?

cbzmomof4
10-03-2003, 02:09 PM
Hey all! Could I possibly join in for the challenge. I know that I am a little late, but better late than never, right???

Right now I seem to be stuck at this one weight, and it isn't moving....grrr, it is so frustrating.

Anyhow, could someone please let me know how the challenge works, and how often I need to let you know my weight. I currently weigh-on on Wednesday's, since I have to work nights on Fri and Sat, I have found that I seem to gain some water when I stay up all night.

BTW ~ does anyone have a recipe for homemade mayonnaise, I have one from the Atkins recipe book, but I was searching for another one.....any suggestions???

Thanks!!!!!!!

Caroline;)

SW 203
CW 178
GW 120

KarenW
10-03-2003, 02:55 PM
Leens -
KarenW - 2.5 since monday! :)
Kim in NJ -
Froufy -
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes -
StoryBookMama - 8
Barbmarie -
Fullfig -
Jenny 1 -
Dinki -
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized -
Jodes -

Total so far : 10.5 pounds

angel-eyes
10-03-2003, 04:28 PM
Hey girls. Not sure of the when to weigh in thing, but Fridays are my days to do so.......my loss this week was 2 lbs ( a miracle since TOM was visiting)

I'm crossing everything on my body today in hopes that we all have a great trip on that scale......

Oh please oh please oh please lol

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!!!

Leens -
KarenW -
Kim in NJ -
Froufy -
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 8
Barbmarie -
Fullfig -
Jenny 1 -
Dinki -
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized -
Jodes -

Leenie
10-03-2003, 05:17 PM
cbzmomof4 of course you can join :D :D :D there's no special way it works, we are all just "trying" to lose 15 lbs by Thanksgiving, so just do what your doing, weigh in when you'd like but please post your loss so we can all get excited with you :D Easy right ? lol

Kim, weigh in any day you like, it really is up to you, just post your loss when you do weigh in (pweeeze).

Leens -
KarenW - 2.5 since monday!
Kim in NJ -
Froufy -
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 8
Barbmarie -
Fullfig -
Jenny 1 -
Dinki -
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized -
Jodes -

Total so far : 12.5 pounds

WHOOOOOOOOHOOO !!!

GO LADIES, GO LADIES, GO LADIES !!!!!!

dinki
10-04-2003, 12:28 AM
I AM SOOOOO EXCITED. I HAVE BEEN STUCK AT MY WEIGHT FOR MANY WEEKS AND GUESS WHAT. I HAVE LOST 2 POUNDS SO FAR.
THANKS FOR THE CHALLANGE. I AM ALSO EXERCISING MOST DAYS.

Leens -
Kim in NJ -
Froufy -
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 8
Barbmarie -
Fullfig -
Jenny 1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized -
Jodes -

EVERYONE KEEP ON KEEPING ON.

DINKI

davebecca
10-04-2003, 11:28 AM
I want in too.

Leens -
Kim in NJ -
Froufy -
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 8
Barbmarie -
Fullfig -
Jenny 1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized -
Jodes -
davebecca -

I've been doing the pumpkin challenge, goal for halloween 199, Thanksgiving 189. Today was a hair under 204. Started at 219. Woo Hoo!!!!! Monday the 29th was at 207. I'll check in on Monday!

Leenie
10-04-2003, 02:42 PM
WOW you guys ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stepped ever so lightly on the scale this morning and I'm happy to report a loss of 2 lbs :encore: I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY :cheers:

NOW I'm gonna start exercising, my cold is near end and the 2lbs down just made me sooooo excited to do so.

Tape measures too :) :) :)

Leens - 2
Kim in NJ -
Froufy -
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 8
Barbmarie -
Fullfig -
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized -
Jodes -
davebecca -

TOTAL - 16.5 (so far)

WAY TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR HELPING EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim in NJ
10-05-2003, 10:41 AM
OK - I get it now! 2 down this week - YIPEE!!!!

Leens - 2
Kim in NJ - 2
Froufy -
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 8
Barbmarie -
Fullfig -
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized -
Jodes -
davebecca -

TOTAL - 18.5 (so far)

Rachel
10-06-2003, 02:41 AM
I'm very excited to do this with a support group. That's the one thing I miss about Weight Watchers. I am also happy to see that this isn't a group of 125 pounders with just a few to lose. Good luck to us all!
SW-203-9/24/03
CW-192-10/5/03
GW-140
Thanksgiving Goal-177

KarenW
10-06-2003, 11:24 AM
My official weigh in is this morning and I am so happy to report...

I lost 4 pounds this first week of the challenge! :dance: WOO HOO!

Here are the group totals!
Leens - 2
KarenW - 4
Kim in NJ - 2
Froufy -
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 8
Barbmarie -
Fullfig -
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized -
Jodes -
davebecca -

TOTAL :20.5 (so far)

supersized
10-06-2003, 12:42 PM
I didn't lose any this past week. Congrats Karen! You're doing great!

Leens - 2
KarenW - 4
Kim in NJ - 2
Froufy -
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 8
Barbmarie -
Fullfig -
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized - 0
Jodes -
davebecca -

StorybookMama
10-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Okay,

I have to be honest. I've lost a total of 10 pounds, but 8 of those (the 8 mentioned above) were from the week before the challenge started!

So, my overall weight loss is 10 pounds, but for the challenge, it's only 2.

But, HEY, 2 pounds down, is 2 pounds down! Only 13 more to go for the challenge goal... and 140 more for my lifetime goal. =)

barbmarie
10-06-2003, 02:35 PM
I have been so off track this past week, I gained 2lbs. Could be worse. I went out to eat last Thursday and have been eating sweets since. My calories arent that bad, but I still gained. Maybe this will help me break thru that plateau I've been stuck at. Monday morning, back on track. Not going NEAR that scale til next Monday. Hope everyone had a better week.

Leenie
10-06-2003, 04:50 PM
Lisa, 2 lbs is 2 lbs and I'll take it any day of the week !!

Barb, when I tend to go off plan for a day, I NEVER get back on the scale until the following week beause I know I will be dissapointed. Usually the following week for me now is a 2 lbs loss :D

We will get there :)

barbmarie
10-06-2003, 06:37 PM
Leens, I sure hope so. I also just stopped taking my BCPs which the Atkins book says can stall weight loss. I used to be on WeightWatchers, I am going to try and combine the 2 this week. Eat low carb and count it as points. We'll see how it goes. I put the scale in the closet so it doesnt drive me insane!.

Leenie
10-07-2003, 09:31 AM
Barb, 2 years ago I was doing Low Carb WW and did wonderful at it. I was keeping my carbs unde 100 and my calories between 1200 - 1400 at max. I did good but the problem was it didn't last long, even that many carbs drove me insane and I wound up binging.

But I would recommend it to anyone that can follow WW. WW is an excellent plan :)

Good luck !!!

fullfig
10-07-2003, 09:39 AM
what a difference a small movement makes... finally dropped 2 lbs

Leens - 2
KarenW - 4
Kim in NJ - 2
Froufy -
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 8
Barbmarie -
Fullfig -2
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized - 0
Jodes -
davebecca -

__________________TOTAL; 22.5 (so far)

supersized
10-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Still no loss but I did start walking last night. I also walked for 30 minutes on lunch break. My goal is to walk after work with my dog and for half of my lunch break. Hopefully this will start my weight loss again.

Good job fullfig!

Froufy
10-07-2003, 04:34 PM
My turn.....1 lb this week!

Leens - 2
KarenW - 4
Kim in NJ - 2
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 8
Barbmarie -
Fullfig -2
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized - 0
Jodes -
davebecca -

Everyone keep up the good work!

Froufy

P.S. So when is american thanksgiving anyways? Not sure how much I plan to lose??? help!:?:

StorybookMama
10-07-2003, 05:06 PM
Just switch my total to 2 pounds... and it will be right!

Thanks!

Kim in NJ
10-08-2003, 01:10 AM
Oh OK Lisa....we'll drop it back to the 2lbs! :)
Hopefully this is updated now for everyone.

Leens - 2
KarenW - 4
Kim in NJ - 2
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 2
Barbmarie +2
Fullfig - 2
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized - 0
Jodes -
davebecca -

Net Loss so far 15.0 lbs.

Onto a new week!
So far I am up 1 this week....but I have no idea why! :( I will wait until my Saturday AM weigh in.

barbmarie
10-08-2003, 05:31 AM
I'm the only + :eek:

Leenie
10-08-2003, 09:23 AM
Barb, don't do this to yourself, it will come off, don't get down, get MAD !!!! YOU CAN DO THIS !!!! :)

Fullfig - HORRAY !!!!!

Supersized, you too, hang in there, and please remember this isn't a race, its to do the best we can and not compair ourselves to others. Basically if I don't pretty much starve myself I don't lose either and well exercise is just another foreign word to me (I know I know) Your doing wonderful and making great choices, walking is great !

Froufy American Thanksgiving is November 27th.

StorybookMama
10-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Oh my gosh... I got on the scale this morning and then got on 3 more times just to make sure.

It said 272.5 which is a huge two day loss for me.

My total is now (corrected to minus the 8 pounds that shouldn't be there...): 4.5 but 12.5 total in 2.5 weeks! I'm so excited!!

Leens - 2
Kim in NJ -
Froufy -
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 4.5 - also 2.5 since Monday!
Barbmarie -
Fullfig -
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized -
Jodes -
davebecca -

Kim in NJ
10-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Great News Lisa!
Good Luck tomorrow with the surgery.

When you add your weight loss to this list, always take the last list printed on this thread since that has everyone's most recent totals. I will post it here below for the next person.

Leens - 2
KarenW - 4
Kim in NJ - 2
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie +2
Fullfig - 2
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized - 0
Jodes -
davebecca -

Net Loss so far 17.5 lbs.

StorybookMama
10-08-2003, 04:50 PM
Sorry about that - I think I must have missed an entire page of posts....

supersized
10-08-2003, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Leens. I managed to get in 45 minutes of walking at lunch but didn't get home until 9:00 tonight so I could do my evening walking. Hopefully there will be a payoff.

Hang in there Barbmarie. I pick up a couple of pounds during the week sometimes but I don't report them if I can shake them befoer weigh-in.

Way to go Lisa! Big WOOHOO for you!

barbmarie
10-08-2003, 11:20 PM
I just read a thread on the Frequently asked Questions board, and it talks about a stall after the first 2 weeks, lasting into the 5th and 6th week. Sure sounds like me! Lots of great info there.

Leenie
10-09-2003, 11:03 AM
Some folks are using yogurt to break their stall, I'm not sure of the details but it sounds pretty interesting.

Who'd a thunk ?

Kim in NJ
10-09-2003, 03:00 PM
Barbmarie - I too stalled in the 2nd and 3rd week. That's when I began taking the supplements he recommends (Aceytl-L-Carnitine (500 mg 3X day), Coenzyme Q10 (100 mg 3X day), Chromium Picolinate (100 mcg 2X day) and Probiotics Acidolphilus (1200 mg 2X day). Since that time I have averaged 2lbs a week. Sometimes 1 lb, other times 3 - but on avg. 2# a week.

My sister is also on Atkins and she is in her 3rd week - also stalling! I think it is very normal so try not to get discouraged.

Leenie
10-09-2003, 04:51 PM
I think the reason we stall is to give the body time to catch up to the quick weight loss.

My friend who has lost 55 lbs is stalled for 4 weeks now, but she dropped that weight like water and fast... I told her the same thing, the body know's what its doing even if we don't.

You might want to look at your calories as well :D

jdoggmartin
10-09-2003, 05:30 PM
Hey. I'm really late to this, but I'd love to join in on the challenge. I'm pretty new to the Atkins Board, and I just started Atkins this week (Oct. 6). So, 15 pounds by Thanksgiving it is!!

Jina

Kim in NJ
10-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Great Jina - Just join in and add your name to the latest list of names when you weigh in! Nice to have you here with us.

barbmarie
10-09-2003, 10:20 PM
Welcome Jina, glad to have you with us.

Kim, I'll look for the supplements. Do you have to go to a GNC type store? Or does Walmart have them? Thanks.
Barb

supersized
10-10-2003, 12:09 AM
I know we already weighed in this week but I'm so excited that i finally lost a pound that I wanted to replace my 0 with a 1 on the weight list.

Leens - 2
KarenW - 4
Kim in NJ - 2
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie +2
Fullfig - 2
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Supersized - 1 Finally!!!
Jodes -
davebecca -

Net Loss so far 18.5 lbs.

I've been taking the Atkins vitamins but not regularly. They have a ton of stuff in them but are kinda pricey. I'm gonna go for something a little cheaper when I run out. If you are interested in Atkins supplements, they are cheaper at Wal-mart than online.

Skyttles
10-10-2003, 12:58 AM
Im starting kind of late on this but would definitely like to give it a try.

SW:216
CW:194
GW:130
My first goal is to be 150 by december. Possible????:dizzy:

Leenie
10-10-2003, 09:57 AM
Its wonderful to see everyone progressing so well :yes:
I ate to many calories yesterday, I just felt ravenous for some reason, I mean more so then norm. Today I'll be better :) Tomorrow morning I'll be crossing my fingers when I get on that darn old scale..... I'll even chew my nails off if it helps lol

Good luck everyone :D

Leens - 2
KarenW - 4
Kim in NJ - 2
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie +2
Fullfig - 2
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep -
Jodes -
davebecca -
Skyttles -

Net Loss so far 20.5 lbs.

tamibeep
10-10-2003, 11:25 AM
Okay, better late than never, right?

I've lost five pounds so far, but when I weighed myself last Sunday I'd lost eight. Somehow I found three back. I'm really beating myself up over that stupid three pounds, and I don't quite understand why I gained it. I've been really good, except for Wednesday when I had a lot of nuts and some hot dogs that I found out later were very salty. So I am crossing my fingers and hoping that it's just water. (And I even went walking a couple of nights this week! I tell you, fat cells have no concept of justice!! None, I say!!!)

Humpf. Oh well. I'm going to lose that three pounds again yet.

Leens - 2
KarenW - 4
Kim in NJ - 2
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie +2
Fullfig - 2
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Jodes -
davebecca -
Skyttles -

Net Loss so far 25.5 lbs.

Kim in NJ
10-10-2003, 11:30 PM
Well I am going away for the weekend and so I weighed in this afternoon....I squeaked by with another 2 this week. I really find it amazing how throughout the week my body weight fluctuates up and down. I guess as long as each Saturday it's on the downturn I'll be happpy! :D

Hey - we've lost more weight than my 15 month old weighs now! You may not think that's a lot - but after lugging her around on your hip for the afternoon you begin to realize JUST HOW HEAVY that 22 lbs. is!!!!

Leens - 2
KarenW - 4
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie +2
Fullfig - 2
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 1
Jodes -
davebecca -
Skyttles -
Jina -

Net Loss so far 27.5 lbs.

Have a great weigh-in everyone.......

supersized
10-12-2003, 12:58 PM
I've lost two more. Since I've been on Atkins, I've now lost a total of 25 pounds. It's slow since I started Atkins in June but 25 pounds is a big milestone for me. YIPPEE!!!

Leens - 2
KarenW - 4
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie +2
Fullfig - 2
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 3
Jodes -
davebecca -
Skyttles -
Jina -

Net Loss so far 27.5 lbs.

angel-eyes
10-12-2003, 10:50 PM
Supersized.....that is awesome and you're right...a milestone!!! Congratulations on losing 25 lbs!!!

Leenie
10-13-2003, 10:06 AM
Supersize WTG !!!!

Listen I'm right there with you, I lose very slow but part of the reason is I don't exercise... BUT!!! Yesterday I did walk 1.5 miles :encore: a first for me and I'm sooooooo happy I did.

I started atkins in July and I've only lost 21 lbs so far so you can see we are almost alike, but you know something Super, I don't care, I'm taking my time, I feel so different this time, I'm gonna do this and still have a cheat day here or there, but in the long run, by this time next year, I'll hopefully be almost at goal, and thats okay....... I think FINALLY i've learned my lesson... slow is good.

Hugs everyone !!

Hope to have a loss at the end of this week :)

Leens - 2
KarenW - 4
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 2
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie +2
Fullfig - 2
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 3
Jodes -
davebecca -
Skyttles -
Jina -

Net Loss So Far - 29.5 lbs :encore:

supersized
10-13-2003, 11:50 AM
Thanks gals! We'll all get there sooner or later. I've always heard that the slower it comes off the longer it will stay off.

Leens, we are very much alike. I too am not an exerciser by nature. I did walk 2 days on lunch break and two days after work last week. I'm gonna try for some walking everyday this week. I'm sure that will speed my up too.

Good luck!

angel-eyes
10-13-2003, 12:58 PM
Good Morning Ladies. Weigh in day for me, and I'm pleased to say another 1.5 lbs lost. YEAH!!! Lucky for you all that you didn't see the nekkid happy dance this morning!!!...LOL

Leens - 2
KarenW - 4
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 3.5
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie +2
Fullfig - 2
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 3
Jodes -
davebecca -
Skyttles -
Jina -

Net Loss So Far - 31 lbs !!!

Leenie
10-13-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by supersized
Thanks gals! We'll all get there sooner or later. I've always heard that the slower it comes off the longer it will stay off.

Leens, we are very much alike. I too am not an exerciser by nature. I did walk 2 days on lunch break and two days after work last week. I'm gonna try for some walking everyday this week. I'm sure that will speed my up too.

Good luck!

Yes we will get there :yes:
Today since the boss is out and its beautiful outside, I'm sneaking out around 3 pm for a 15 - 20 minute walk, I don't have my good sneakers w/me DARN! Somethings gotta be better then nothing ;)

Angel-eyes.... :bravo:

Hugs !

KarenW
10-13-2003, 04:32 PM
My official Weigh in is today and I am down 1.5 pounds!! Woo HOO!!

Leens - 2
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 3.5
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie +2
Fullfig - 2
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 2
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 3
Jodes -
davebecca -
Skyttles -
Jina -

Net Loss So Far - 32.5 lbs !!!

dinki
10-14-2003, 02:58 AM
Well I am proud to say that I lost 1 pound this week for a total of 3 pounds on the Thanksgiving challange. Yea sounds like every one is doing well.

Leens - 2
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 3.5
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie +2
Fullfig - 2
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 3
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 3
Jodes -
davebecca -
Skyttles -
Jina -

Net Loss So Far - 33.5 lbs !!!

dinki

fullfig
10-14-2003, 03:05 AM
well, i'm down 1 for the week. hope to see better results after TOM leaves. congrats and good luck to all!

Leens - 2
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 3.5
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie +2
Fullfig - 3
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 3
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 3
Jodes -
davebecca -
Skyttles -
Jina -

Net Loss So Far - 34.5 lbs !!!

barbmarie
10-14-2003, 04:35 AM
Down 2.5 this week! So my loss is only 0.5 for the challenge, but finally I have a minus! ;)

Leens - 2
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 3.5
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 2.5
Fullfig - 3
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 3
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 3
Jodes -
davebecca -
Skyttles -
Jina -

Net Loss So Far - 37 lbs !!!

Swedemella
10-14-2003, 07:05 AM
as I'm pregnant :dance: ... will try and be very good during the pregnancy so when I come back I won't have too much to loose ... :corn:

Good luck to all of you

J

barbmarie
10-14-2003, 07:53 AM
Congratulations Swedemella !!!!!

fullfig
10-14-2003, 09:52 AM
congratulations swedemella! is this your first? i hope that you enjoy being pregnant as much as i did. take care!

jdoggmartin
10-14-2003, 10:32 AM
Wow!! After my first week on induction, I lost 8.5 pounds!!

Leens - 2
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 3.5
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 2.5
Fullfig - 3
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 3
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 3
Jodes -
davebecca -
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5

Net Loss So Far - 45.5 lbs !!!

Leenie
10-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Congrats Swed !!!

I just wanted to let you all know that if you see at the bottom of your post that I have edited it, I have. The only thing I changed in your post is the total amount for everyone's loss.

:)

Congrats to all those who are in this challenge !!!!!!!

Way to go :D

Swedemella
10-14-2003, 11:27 AM
It's my second, my daughter is 16 months so it will be 2 years inbetween them as second is due mid June (I know it's really early to tell) ...

I did love being pregnant so I am looking forward to it....

J

Skyttles
10-15-2003, 01:25 AM
I lost my first 2 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is only exciting because i just started the Atkins diet again. Anyways I love it.

Sarah;)

SW:194
CW:192
GW by December: 150
GW overall: 130

Leenie
10-15-2003, 09:16 AM
SARAH FANTASTIC !!!

Leens - 2
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 3.5
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 2.5
Fullfig - 3
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 3
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 3
Jodes -
davebecca -
Skyttles - 2
Jina - 8.5

Net Loss So Far - 47.5 lbs !!!

davebecca
10-15-2003, 12:02 PM
Leens - 2
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 3.5
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 2.5
Fullfig - 3
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 3
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 3
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5

jen519
10-15-2003, 06:00 PM
O.K., I'm a bit slow to jump on the bandwagon, but I'd like to join in this challenge too. The Great Pumpkin challenge is over in 2 weeks and I need something to keep me going. Starting from here, I'd like to see a 10 pound loss by Thanksgiving. Adding my name...

Leens - 2
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 3.5
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 2.5
Fullfig - 3
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 3
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 3
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen -

dinki
10-16-2003, 12:26 AM
OH YES!!!!! I LOST ANOTHER POUND THAT MAKES 4 FOR THE THANKSGIVING CHALLANGE IT IS GREAT!!!!!!!

Leens - 2
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 3.5
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 2.5
Fullfig - 3
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 3
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen -

barbmarie
10-16-2003, 03:00 AM
Just adjusting my loss. I lost 2.5 this week, but had previously gained 2, so my total loss for the challenge is only 0.5.

Leens - 2
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 3.5
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 3
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 3
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen -

clynne
10-16-2003, 06:55 AM
I am in for the challenge. Just started Atkins this week. My challenge will be to stay on induction and not cheat and see how much weight comes off. I lost 3 lbs in 3 days just getting started and I am sure it is water, but nevertheless, 3 lbs feels good!

Now, if I can get ride of this headache......it just won't go away.

KarenW
10-16-2003, 04:27 PM
Clynne - Welcome! THe headache will go away! Give it some time.. Took me a good 5-6 days for mine to go...

BUt you did good with 3 in 3! :)

Leenie
10-17-2003, 09:49 AM
Ahem !! I cheated today, I usually weigh myself on Sundays (or saturday's if I can't stand it) but I got on the scale and I've lost another 2 big fat freakin pounds

:encore: ROFL !!!

Leens - 4
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 3.5
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 3
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 3
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen -
Clynne -

TOTAL: 49.5 POUNDS LOST

angel-eyes
10-17-2003, 11:45 AM
I'm with you Leens.....I normally weigh in on another day, but couldn't resist. I've lost another 3.5 lbs!!! That puts me to a total of 16 lbs lost since I started Atkins on Sept 1st. Good thing you didn't see me doing the skinny nekkid dance this morning!!! LOL

Leens - 4
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 7
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 3
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 3
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen -
Clynne -

TOTAL: 53 POUNDS LOST !!!

Leenie
10-17-2003, 11:46 AM
WHOOOOOOOOHOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KarenW
10-17-2003, 01:01 PM
Congrats Leens and Angel eyes!! :) We are all doing so AWESOME! I cannot wait to see the results of the challenge! ANy bets on how many pounds total???

Leenie
10-17-2003, 02:11 PM
Karen, I'm gonna say 150 lbs :D

barbmarie
10-18-2003, 03:09 AM
100 lbs???

supersized
10-18-2003, 01:39 PM
I've lost 2 more pounds for a total of 5 on the atkins challenge. I'm so excited. I didn't manage to exercise last week though. Work was hectic so I worked through lunch a couple of days last week. Hope to do more exercise this week.

Great job ladies!

Leens - 4
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 7
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 3
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 5
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen -
Clynne -

TOTAL: 55 POUNDS LOST !!!

fullfig
10-20-2003, 06:50 AM
that is great supersized. it looks like everyone is doing very well. i was disappointed to see that i've only dropped .4 lbs this past week. i've barely eaten at all for the last 3 to 4 days. i am never one to lose while sick though. good luck everyone!

Leens - 4
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 7
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 3.4
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 5
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen -
Clynne -

TOTAL: 55.4 POUNDS LOST !!!

Kim in NJ
10-20-2003, 08:08 AM
Well unfortunately I gained 2 this week. (??????) This makes absolutely NO SENSE to me since I stayed on program all the way. The only thing I can attribute it to is that I must REALLY have that yeast intolerance because we went to a party and I had some cheddar and colby cheese (which are mold cheeses) and midweek I was up 4 lbs! So am I to assume I can never eat any kinds of cheese except mozzarella and cream cheese? I am so disappointed! This is my first gain on this plan (which I started on 7/10).... and last week was TOM so you would think I would be less. (BooHoo). I will plug away though. My clothes do feel better on me! :D

Leens - 4
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 2
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 7
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 3.4
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 5
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen -
Clynne -

TOTAL: 53.4 POUNDS LOST !!!

fullfig
10-20-2003, 08:13 AM
i'm starting the fat fast today to give me a jumpstart. maybe in a day or two it will disappear kim. we'll all eventually get there. how much have you lost total? i'm at 21.4 lbs since starting 9/2/03. good luck!

jen519
10-20-2003, 10:00 AM
Down 2 pounds during my first week of this challenge. I have to lose 1.5 pounds per week for the rest to make my goal. Hope my body doesn't experience and weight "anomalies" for no good reason.
Kim, have you experienced this same reaction to mold cheeses before? If it's only 1 instance, it might be too soon to tell if that's really the culprit. Sure seems fishy though, huh? Our bodies definitely do some weird things sometimes. I'm down in inches all over except for my thighs which are up .5 inch. Go figure. Hang in there.
Leens - 4
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 2
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 7
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 3.4
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 5
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen - 2
Clynne -

TOTAL: 55.4 POUNDS LOST !!!

Leenie
10-20-2003, 11:27 AM
Good going everyone !!!

I ate way to many calories this weekend OY VEY!
So I'm not expecting any miracles on friday when I step on the scale :) I hate TOM, it always makes me eat ALOT.

KarenW
10-20-2003, 03:23 PM
WOO HOO!! ANother 1 pound gone this week!! :):):)

Leens - 4
KarenW - 6.5
Kim in NJ - 2
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 7
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 3.4
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 5
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen - 2
Clynne -

TOTAL: 56.4 POUNDS LOST !!!

I think we will make it to the 200 - 250 mark!!

Kim in NJ
10-20-2003, 11:28 PM
Karen - Your stats are amazing! Keep up the great work, you might just be right with that 200 estimate.

Jen - great job with the 2 lbs. And yes, this yeast/mold situation I have been watching for awhile. I stall when I eat the mold cheeses and/or cashew nuts - so I think I will need to drop those from my routine.

Fullfig - What's a fat fast? What will you be doing differently? I shouldn't be complaining about the 2lbs gain since I have lost consistently since starting this plan on 7/10. I am so happy to be 40 lbs down since then. I was actually "skipping" with my 7 year old 2 weekends ago. This weekend we were all over NJ for the lighthouse challenge so that was some good exercise as well.

I might steer clear of the scale this week (during the week) and just step on - on Saturday. I don't want to be discouraged mid week again.

Good Luck everyone!

supersized
10-21-2003, 12:00 AM
Kim, I've done the fatfast a couple of times and have lost 1 pound per day each time. You can find the details of the Atkins Fat Fast at atkinscenter.com. Go to search and type fat fast in. The first listing is the one you want. Basically, the fat fast is for people that lose extremely slowly. He has some criteria listed. Fore the first 4-5 days you follow a strict 1000 calories per day plan. This phase consists of 5 200 calorie meals. Then you go to the next phase for seven days which is 1200 calories per day. You get 4 300 calorie meals per day. After that you can either go back to induction or increase your percentages as he describes. In short this plan forces your body to burn the glucose that it's holding on to. He says that for whatever reason, some of us that are metabolically resistant -our bodies hold onto glucose in the body. After going through this program the extra glucose is supposed to be eliminated so that your body will use fat for fuel rather than using the glucose for fuel first. I hope I didn't over simplify the logic behind it. The first 2-3 days are extremely rough but it does get better. I've never made to the 1200 calorie phase for travel reasons each time. It seems to have helped get my metabolism moving. I started it again today to go along with fullfig.

barbmarie
10-21-2003, 03:24 AM
I am the same this week, but also just started TOM and my hands are swollen. I was able to take my jeans off today without unbuttoning them! Darn scale. I wish I would of measured when I started this plan. Off to research the FatFast. Thanks all!
Barb

fullfig
10-21-2003, 05:32 AM
well, i was discouraged yesterday to see that i had only lost .4 lbs since last week. this morning i woke to see 186.4, which is another 2.2 from yesterday. that brings my week total to 2.6 lbs. so, i've got 9.6 more lbs to meet my foac goal. woohoo.

kim, i think supersized answered your question about the fat fast. it is detailed in the book, as well as on the atkins site.

good luck to all!

Leens - 4
KarenW - 6.5
Kim in NJ - 2
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 7
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 5.6
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 5
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen - 2
Clynne -

TOTAL: 58.6 POUNDS LOST !!!

I think we will make it to the 200 - 250 mark!!

jdoggmartin
10-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Well, I didn't lose any weight this week. At first I was disappointed, but realized TOM was near. How much of an effect can that really have? (I've never tracked my weight.) Great job on all the other losses! I hope to add to the total next week.

Take care,
Jina

Kim in NJ
10-21-2003, 03:29 PM
Sorry but I am taking back my 2 lbs! MIDWEEK.... I know I know...
But I got on the scale this AM and I am back to the 218 number and I don't care if I don't lose anymore by Saturday. It will help me mentally to erase that 2lb gain.

You know I must have missed the fat fast in his book. I tend to read sporadically and just focus on bits and pieces at a time. Time to re-read since I haven't looked at it since July!

Leens - 4
KarenW - 6.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 7
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 5.6
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 5
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen - 2
Clynne -

TOTAL: 60.6 POUNDS LOST !!!

fullfig
10-22-2003, 04:53 AM
i'm gonna add another .4 to my loss, bringing it up to 3 lbs since last week. i thought this would bring the total up to even number instead of a decimal. probably won't see another loss til mid-next week. we just may make 200 lbs.

Leens - 4
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 7
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 4
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 5
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen -
Clynne -

TOTAL: 56 POUNDS LOST!!!!

supersized
10-22-2003, 12:49 PM
I've lost 1 more. YIPPEE! Congrats fullfig!

Leens - 4
KarenW - 5.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 7
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 4
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 6
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen -
Clynne -

TOTAL: 57 POUNDS LOST!!!!

Kim in NJ
10-22-2003, 01:56 PM
You guys are killing me - :D
Make sure you copy the most recent list of loses.
Leens - can you correct these totals?
Back on page 4 Karen was at 6.5, Fulfig was at 5.6 before the additional .4 above on this page, and Jen was at 2.

I think we should be at 62 even. (60.6 from my post + .4 (fullfig) +1 (supersized)).

I'm sorry if I'm sounding crazy here but I am that accountant/systems analyst right brained type and when the numbers don't tie out - UGH the Stress and then the eating and then the weight.... ha ha ha ha ha

Hope everyone is having a great day!

KarenW
10-22-2003, 02:19 PM
I am at 6.5 pounds...

Maybe there should be one person who updates the list themselves instead of having everyone do it.. just a thought.

Froufy
10-22-2003, 05:16 PM
When did we start this challenge anyways? If I can figure that out I can update my numbers - I don't really write it down, but think I should start before Kim has a breakdown :) lol.....

Gee, I wonder who we should elect as "scorekeeper"?

Froufy

angel-eyes
10-22-2003, 11:31 PM
Hi ya Froufy. I checked the start date from Leen's first post and the date was Monday Sept 29th.

How is everyone doing? Got TOM today..,..oh joy oh bliss. Just what I needed with dh away and 2 teacher workdays with the kids at home. Today I didn't do very much, actually I went back to bed at 11:15 am and woke up just in time for their bus at 2 pm. Boy was I tired. I've been eating well today as compared to a little carb/sweet eating, so today would be my first clean day since the weekend. Thank goodness THAT is over. I think it was just a little too much stress and pms all at once. The dreaded chocolate cravings, tonight though I whipped up a little whip cream with sf jello powder added to it. I LOVE THAT!!!

fullfig
10-23-2003, 08:00 AM
froufy, if you are gonna update the list, mine should be at 8. i had not even noticed that mine was messed up too. i had just been adding to what was there. plus, i dropped another 2. 8 should put me at right place. thanks a bunch in advance.

supersized
10-23-2003, 01:07 PM
As an accountant/auditor, it drives me crazy when numbers don't add up. I've had to make corrections before. I usually just copy from the post before me. It is possible for more than one person to be posting at the same time and therefore the numbers would be messed up because they would be posting to same info at same time. At any rate I agree that the total is 64 (62 +2 fullfig) going into this posting. I've updated numbers based on postings. I've lost one more pound so the total should correctly be 65 now.

Leens - 4
KarenW - 6.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 7
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 7
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen - 2
Clynne -

TOTAL: 65 POUNDS LOST !!!

Leenie
10-24-2003, 11:27 AM
65 lbs WHOLEY SCHMOLEY!

supersized
10-24-2003, 11:50 AM
One more for me. YIPPEE!

Leens - 4
KarenW - 6.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 1
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 7
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 8
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen - 2
Clynne -

TOTAL: 66 POUNDS LOST !!!

Froufy
10-24-2003, 01:31 PM
Okay if this is from the 29th of Sept so far I have lost 5 lbs so I have adjusted total:

Leens - 4
KarenW - 6.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 7
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 8
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen - 2
Clynne -

TOTAL: 70 POUNDS LOST !!!

YAY for us!:cp: :cp: :cp: :cb:

Froufy:cool:

angel-eyes
10-24-2003, 03:21 PM
Incredible that I lost 1 more pound this week as I'm right in the thick of things with TOM.....but I did, and I'll add it on any ol' day.

Leens - 4
KarenW - 6.5
Kim in NJ - 4
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 8
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 8
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen - 2
Clynne -

TOTAL: 71 POUNDS LOST !!!

YAY for us!

Kim in NJ
10-24-2003, 05:42 PM
Down one more for the week since I won't be online this weekend.

Leens - 4
KarenW - 6.5
Kim in NJ - 5
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 8
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 8
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen - 2
Clynne -

TOTAL: 72 POUNDS LOST !!!

supersized
10-25-2003, 06:22 PM
I lost 2 more,

Leens - 4
KarenW - 6.5
Kim in NJ - 5
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 8
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 10
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen - 2
Clynne -

TOTAL: 74 POUNDS LOST !!!

supersized
10-26-2003, 12:14 PM
1 more gone. I know I'm scale obsessed...I just can't help it.

Leens - 4
KarenW - 6.5
Kim in NJ - 5
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 8
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen - 2
Clynne -

TOTAL: 75 POUNDS LOST !!!

Yay for us!!!

jen519
10-26-2003, 01:16 PM
I'm scale obsessed too. I do weigh every day, but my weight tends to fluctuate, so my rule is, it isn't a loss unless it shows up that way for 2 days in a row. It has. I'm down 4 pounds from last week.

Leens - 4
KarenW - 6.5
Kim in NJ - 5
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 8
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen - 6
Clynne -

TOTAL: 79 POUNDS LOST

supersized
10-26-2003, 05:20 PM
Good for you Jen! Your face looks slimmer in your new photo. Great job!

Leenie
10-27-2003, 10:41 AM
WOW Jen, you look wonderful and YES you can definitly see it in your face.... :D

Hugs !!

KarenW
10-27-2003, 11:32 AM
I am down 3.5 pounds this week!! WOO HOO!!! That is a total of 10 for the challenge and 24 over all!! :)

Leens - 4
KarenW - 10
Kim in NJ - 5
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 8
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
Jodes -
davebecca - 3
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen - 6
Clynne -

TOTAL: 82.5 POUNDS LOST

davebecca
10-28-2003, 12:24 AM
Wish I could remember where I was when this started. Goal for Thanksgiving is 189. I do remember that. I am at 199 today, well yesterday for real! Gotta keep on truckin'. Everyone this week is doing awesome!!!!

OK I went back and found it. Started this challenge at 207.

Leens - 4
KarenW - 10
Kim in NJ - 5
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 8
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
Jodes -
davebecca - 8
Skyttles -
Jina - 8.5
Jen - 6
Clynne -

jdoggmartin
10-28-2003, 12:34 AM
I am down three pounds this week -- Yay!! -- for a challenge and Atkins total of 11.5 pounds.

Leens - 4
KarenW - 10
Kim in NJ - 5
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 8
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
Jodes -
davebecca - 8
Skyttles -
Jina - 11.5
Jen - 6
Clynne -

TOTAL: 90.5 POUNDS LOST

KarenW
10-28-2003, 11:05 AM
WOW! We are all doing so well! Congrats to all the losers!! I really do think we will be down 200 pounds or more by Thanksgiving!! I really do!!

lamby
10-29-2003, 12:50 PM
Is it too late or can I join the challenge?

You all seem to be doing so well with it and I could really use a goal! My weight loss has slowed down a lot lately and this could be the thing to get me going again.

It sounds like you are a month into the challenge so I understand if I am too late!

supersized
10-29-2003, 01:02 PM
Welcome Lamby. It's never too late to join in. I look forward to reading your posts.

lamby
10-29-2003, 01:06 PM
Thanks! I really think that this is going to be just what I need! You ladies sound like you have been very successful!

I think that I will set my goal for 10 pounds by Thanksgiving. I'm tempted to go for the full 15 but I don't want to set myself up for failure on my first challenge.

Leenie
10-29-2003, 02:13 PM
:wave: Lamby, glad you could join in.

WOW look at all of you go !! Congratulations to all of us for giving it all we have :)~

Your my hero's !!!

jen519
10-29-2003, 04:38 PM
Welcome Lamby. Glad you're joining us.

Had to go back and fix my profile today for 2 reasons. 1) I found a journal from last winter and it looks like my highest weight (recorded anyway!) was 4 pounds above what I remembered. and 2) I've lost yet another pound! WOOHOO!

Sometimes I feel like I'm "gushing" too much, but I just found more proof that I'm really getting smaller, besides needing new clothes and the numbers on the scale going down. I started my current job in March or April. There's one computer that I don't use regularly and there's this little aluminum(maybe), lightweight small chair that's molded with arms in front of it. After the first time I sat in it, I avoided it for a long time, because when I stood up, the sides of my butt sort of caught on the arms and it came up off the ground briefly. I remember looking around to see if anyone had noticed and feeling really embarrassed. I sat in the stupid thing today, and there's actually space between my but and the sides. I haven't needed to use that computer until recently when I've used it nearly every day. I haven't really paid any attention to which chair I was sitting in. This morning I remembered that little incident as I looked down at my lap and actually saw space between the sides of the "devil chair" and my hips.

I've decided to adjust my goal, since I've lost more than I anticipated here at the beginning. 8 more pounds will put my in "onederland", and since there are still four weeks to go, that's my new goal.

Jen

supersized
10-29-2003, 06:26 PM
Way to go Jen! I think we all gush here. I know I do. It just feels so fabulous to discover new losses. I think we've all worked hard enough to toot our horns. So go ahead and gush so we can be encouraged and inspired!

Kim in NJ
10-29-2003, 06:28 PM
JEN - HOW COOL IS THAT??????????
Way to go!
I know what you mean about those "devil chairs" - we have folding chairs like that in church.....I avoid them at all costs.

Welcome Lamby - join in and help us lose over 200lbs....everyone is welcome.

lamby
10-29-2003, 07:40 PM
Thanks for welcoming me!

I think that the challenge has helped me already.. I've been very good today and am getting ready to go out for a walk right now!

And way to go Jen! Somehow, things like that are even more exciting then seeing the scale move.

jdoggmartin
10-29-2003, 10:28 PM
Welcome, Lamby! You're right across the bay from me!

Way to go, Jen! You deserve to gush -- losing weight is hard!

Take care,
Jina

angel-eyes
10-29-2003, 11:53 PM
Hi Lamby....and welcome!! Its never too late to join, better late than never. You've come to the right place, this group is a great support. I hope to be reading alot from you!!

lamby
10-30-2003, 03:19 PM
Thanks! Wow Jina.. small world!

I think that this was just what I needed. I had been at 195 for a few days and when I got on the scale today I had lost 2 pounds! I don't expect this to happen again, but it's a good way to start the challenge. I think this was just what I needed to get myself in gear!

supersized
10-31-2003, 12:52 PM
I'm changing my FOA goal to 162 since I'm at 172 already.

KarenW
10-31-2003, 01:11 PM
I am updating since today was the final weigh in for the Halloween challenge on the low carb boards! Down another 1.5 pounds! (I passed my goal by 1.5 pounds for halloween! Only 3.5 left for the Thanksgiving challenge! :)

Leens - 4
KarenW - 11.5
Kim in NJ - 5
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 8
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
Jodes -
davebecca - 8
Skyttles -
Jina - 11.5
Jen - 6
Clynne -

TOTAL: 92 POUNDS LOST

angel-eyes
10-31-2003, 04:04 PM
Good for you Karen!!! You are doing so well on this challenge. What is our next one going to be?

I also had a great week, I lost another 3.5 lbs for a total of 11.5!!! Yeah!!! I was also part of another challenge that started on Sept 1 (my start date for atkins) and my grand total is now 20.5 lbs and 7.5 inches lost. And who says this WOE doesn't work!!!

Leens - 4
KarenW - 11.5
Kim in NJ - 5
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 11.5
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
Jodes -
davebecca - 8
Skyttles -
Jina - 11.5
Jen - 6
Clynne -

TOTAL: 95.5 POUNDS LOST

who's going to tip the scales at 100 lbs lost???

jen519
10-31-2003, 04:12 PM
Fantastic you guys!
Looks like I forgot to update when I lost a pound here Tues or Wed. Let's try this:

Leens - 4
KarenW - 11.5
Kim in NJ - 5
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 11.5
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
Jodes -
davebecca - 8
Skyttles -
Jina - 11.5
Jen - 7
Clynne -

TOTAL: 96.5 POUNDS LOST

StarPrincess
10-31-2003, 05:05 PM
I want in on this too! I know I missed the start of this, but it's in line with my personal goals. If you want to count me, I've lost 10 pounds since 9/29.

supersized
11-01-2003, 10:33 AM
I think it's fine for you to be added in on this goal. I've added you to the bottom of the list.

Leens - 4
KarenW - 11.5
Kim in NJ - 5
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 11.5
StoryBookMama - 4.5
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
Jodes -
davebecca - 8
Skyttles -
Jina - 11.5
Jen - 7
Clynne -
StarPrincess - 10

TOTAL: 106.5 POUNDS LOST

StorybookMama
11-01-2003, 07:41 PM
Woo-Hoo!! Another .5 pounds gone. That brings me up to 5 pounds towards my FOA goal. Long way to go - but every bit counts something!!

Leens - 4
KarenW - 11.5
Kim in NJ - 5
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 11.5
StoryBookMama - 5.0
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
Jodes -
davebecca - 8
Skyttles -
Jina - 11.5
Jen - 7
Clynne -
StarPrincess - 10

TOTAL: 107.0 POUNDS LOST

Kim in NJ
11-03-2003, 01:31 PM
Stayed the same - UGH! With this 1 lb or .5 each week I think it's the Lord's way of saying.....I'm not gonna give you anymore until you get that tooshy in gear and start exercising! :( I HATE EXERCISING!!!!! But I will start tonight!

Leens - 4
KarenW - 11.5
Kim in NJ - 5
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 11.5
StoryBookMama - 5.0
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
Jodes -
davebecca - 8
Skyttles -
Jina - 11.5
Jen - 7
Clynne -
StarPrincess - 10

TOTAL: 107.0 POUNDS LOST

Leenie
11-03-2003, 03:02 PM
Kim me too, its just not going to happen unless I move my fat ***! PERIOD :(

Sonnet
11-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Hi. I'm Sonnet and am new to this forum, and I'm so glad I found it! Where do I introduce myself? I'm on the Atkins Diet and look forward to meeting you all.

Kim in NJ
11-03-2003, 06:14 PM
Hi Barbie - Nice to meet you!
Go ahead and introduce yourself on the Atkins Bio thread. There is a template you can copy and paste and fill in your info. so we can learn more about you.

My 7 yr old has your car though and she LOVES anything "Barbie" :lol:

jdoggmartin
11-03-2003, 10:07 PM
Well, even with my pancake and attack of the macadamia nuts, I still managed to lose one pound!

Leens - 4
KarenW - 11.5
Kim in NJ - 5
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 11.5
StoryBookMama - 5.0
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
Jodes -
davebecca - 8
Skyttles -
Jina - 12.5
Jen - 7
Clynne -
StarPrincess - 10

TOTAL: 108.0 POUNDS LOST

Sonnet
11-04-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Kim in NJ
Hi Barbie - Nice to meet you!
Go ahead and introduce yourself on the Atkins Bio thread. There is a template you can copy and paste and fill in your info. so we can learn more about you.

My 7 yr old has your car though and she LOVES anything "Barbie" :lol:

Hi kim in NJ, Thank you. I'll post there soon. I am the full figure Barbie. LOL One for all collections. :lol: I loved-and love Barbie's too. I don't have that car anymore. LOL Your 7 year old owns it now. LOL I have a dream house though. LOL ~Barb~

Leenie
11-04-2003, 09:26 AM
Hi Lamby and Barbie, we're glad you can join in and help support us.

Wow look at the amount lost so far........ WAY TO COOL !!!!!!!!

Leens - 4
KarenW - 11.5
Kim in NJ - 5
Froufy - 5
Littlefreedom -
Angel-Eyes - 11.5
StoryBookMama - 5.0
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Jenny1 -
Dinki - 4
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
Jodes -
davebecca - 8
Skyttles -
Jina - 12.5
Jen - 7
Clynne -
Lamby -
StarPrincess - 10
Barbie -

TOTAL: 108.0 POUNDS LOST

Kim in NJ
11-05-2003, 06:09 PM
One more down - I'll take it!

Leens - 4
KarenW - 11.5
Dinki - 4
Kim in NJ - 6
Froufy - 5
Angel-Eyes - 11.5
StoryBookMama - 5.0
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
davebecca - 8
Jina - 12.5
Jen - 7
StarPrincess - 10
Clynne -
Lamby -
Barbie -
Jenny1 -
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Littlefreedom -
Jodes -
Skyttles -

TOTAL: 109.0 POUNDS LOST

supersized
11-06-2003, 09:23 PM
Congrats Kim!

Sonnet
11-06-2003, 09:31 PM
I don't know how to get my weight loss on the list with the cut and paste, but I'm down 4 pounds. Barbie

Kim in NJ
11-07-2003, 02:47 AM
Hey Barbie...Congrats on the 4# loss!
We just highlight the most recent list of names and losses, hit Ctrl C (it means copy) and then go down into a new reply and hit Ctrl V (meaning insert). I will add yours now....WHOOPEEE!!!!

Leens - 4
KarenW - 11.5
Dinki - 4
Kim in NJ - 6
Froufy - 5
Angel-Eyes - 11.5
StoryBookMama - 5.0
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
davebecca - 8
Jina - 12.5
Jen - 7
StarPrincess - 10
Clynne -
Lamby -
Barbie - 4
Jenny1 -
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Littlefreedom -
Jodes -
Skyttles -

TOTAL: 113.0 POUNDS LOST

ceejay52
11-07-2003, 09:16 PM
Hi ladies,
You ladies are so motivated. Is there room for one more? I've just started the Atkins diet today.
Jeanette
current weight-183.5
goal weight-140

:)

Sonnet
11-07-2003, 11:10 PM
Hi Ceejay, Welcome. I've been on the Atkins for 3 years, 4 months and lost 65 pounds right away, gained back 20 this year due to taking care of a family member (stress of "them" not liking me on the diet losing weight succeding, nor being fat.) So welcome! I've been here a week and have lost 6 pounds with this support and the motivation is outstanding! Motivation thrives here! Barbie

Sonnet
11-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Oh Thanks Kim. I've lost 2 more too! Thank you all! What a nice place to feel wanted! I'll see if I can add this new loss now. Barbie

KarenW
11-08-2003, 11:35 AM
WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES!

YOu will love the support here! It is so incredible! Congrats to all the losers this week! I am actually kind of proud of myself as I have stayed away from the scale this week! WI on monday!

ceejay52
11-08-2003, 09:47 PM
Hi everyone
It's been a very long day for me, and I've just not wanted to do much of anything.
I've stayed on the atkins plan as close as I could but I know I'm over on the carbs.
Got outside today and did rake the pine needles and leaves.
exercise=120/1000

jen519
11-08-2003, 10:27 PM
Wow. This thread is growing by leaps and bounds. Welcome to everyone. Good for you, Karen, staying away from the scale. I made it for 2 whole days once:lol:
Sorry you had such a rough day CeeJay. I hope Sunday's better for you. I felt really close to a binge last night and was worried about today, so I stayed out of the house until about 6:00. Took DD and a friend out for lunch and ran various other errands. Feeling a bit stronger now.
I've lost another 2 pounds, (maybe 3, but I won't call it until tomorrow. Weighing daily, I have to follow my 2-day rule to call it official) I'm so close to onederland and so excited!

Leens - 4
KarenW - 11.5
Dinki - 4
Kim in NJ - 6
Froufy - 5
Angel-Eyes - 11.5
StoryBookMama - 5.0
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
davebecca - 8
Jina - 12.5
Jen - 9
StarPrincess - 10
Clynne -
Lamby -
Barbie - 4
Jenny1 -
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Littlefreedom -
Jodes -
Skyttles -

TOTAL: 115.0 POUNDS LOST

jingle
11-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Hi everyone! Tomorrow is a brand new day and I am going to start taking care of myself. This is step one! :) I'd like to become part of your group and hang out with everyone while we all get healthy!!! Please let me know if you have room for one more and what I need to do. Thanks a bunch!!!!

Kim in NJ
11-10-2003, 12:53 AM
Hi Jingle - Of course you can join in.
On this thread we are challenging ourselves to lose a certain amount of weight by Thanksgiving. There is also another challenge on the low carb board for New Years already.
Join in our conversation on the daily threads and then just post your results here as often as you would like (most of us weigh in weekly).

Barbie - here's your 2 extra! Congrats!!!

Leens - 4
KarenW - 11.5
Dinki - 4
Kim in NJ - 6
Froufy - 5
Angel-Eyes - 11.5
StoryBookMama - 5.0
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
davebecca - 8
Jina - 12.5
Jen - 9
StarPrincess - 10
Clynne -
Lamby -
Barbie - 6
Jenny1 -
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Littlefreedom -
Jodes -
Skyttles -

TOTAL: 117.0 POUNDS LOST

jingle
11-10-2003, 06:57 AM
Thanks Kim! I'll join in the daily threads every chance I get - and I'll post my weight loss next Monday. As Thanksgiving is only a couple weeks away, I'll set my goal at 5 pounds. I'm pretty heavy so that should be achievable. Good luck to everyone today!

Leenie
11-10-2003, 09:55 AM
LOOK AT THOSE #'s

You guys are doing wonderful !!! What a challenge this is turing out to be.

:wave: Jingle

StarPrincess
11-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Down one little pound - but it's better than the nothing of the last 2 weeks! Maybe I'm starting another losing cycle :)

Leens - 4
KarenW - 11.5
Dinki - 4
Kim in NJ - 6
Froufy - 5
Angel-Eyes - 11.5
StoryBookMama - 5.0
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
davebecca - 8
Jina - 12.5
Jen - 9
StarPrincess - 11
Clynne -
Lamby -
Barbie - 6
Jenny1 -
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Littlefreedom -
Jodes -
Skyttles -

TOTAL: 118.0 POUNDS LOST

angel-eyes
11-10-2003, 12:37 PM
StarPrincess.......little shmittle....I'll take a pound lost any day of the week!!...Keep it up. I maintained last week but lost another 1" off the old waistline. YEAH!!!!

supersized
11-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Another week of not losing pounds. I did manage to lose 1.5 inches since starteing to exercise last week. I'm positive that I need to perfect my BodyFlex breathing as I should have lost more inches. I'll try harder this week.

Congrats to you girls who are melting away. Have a super week!

KarenW
11-10-2003, 05:25 PM
I didnt lose again this week either. I think my problem is this never ending TOM!!! :(

jen519
11-10-2003, 07:01 PM
Am I the only one who can't remember which thread I posted what on? Good heavens, I'm so mixed up. I guess I should just stick to weighing on Monday for both challenges.
Oh well, I finally figured out that I posted a 2 pound loss here this weekend and was hoping to see another pound. Unfortunately, (as often happens when I weigh compulsively) the tentative pound came back on.
Still, I think I'm mostly on track for 199 by Thanksgiving. Every pound is a step closer, even if I don't make the deadline.
Has anyone else been trying to plan what to eat on Thanksgiving? My mom always has the family over there for the day and fixes the most wonderful dinner. Potatoes and gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, the works. Oh yeah, and turkey too. I'm thinking she won't want to do much this year since she's my little brother's fulltime caregiver. (He's a C1 Quad).Maybe I can take over her house and fix a low-carb meal :devil: Or at least figure out a dish to bring that I can eat, so I won't feel deprived just filling up on turkey. Not a bad idea planning a potluck this year. I'll have to talk to sis about it.
O.K., done blabbing. Welcome to Jingle. Good job to everyone who keeps showing up, weight loss or not!

Jen

StarPrincess
11-10-2003, 07:10 PM
I'm sure planning! I'm not positive that I'll stay below 20 on that day, but I will stick to acceptable foods. To facilitate this, I'm making a cranberry dish that's low carb and yummy - it's on the atkins website and consists of fresh cranberries cooked with low carb raspberry jam. I'm also going to make something like pumpkin mouse or cheesecake for dessert. Since gluttony isn't in the cards for me, I figure with a couple of good standby's I can eat yummy food but I don't need to stuff myself with everyone else. Let them deal with the bloating! ;)

jdoggmartin
11-10-2003, 09:37 PM
Well, no loss for me this week, either! I'll just join the group of stalled people... hopefully, none of us will be there for long, though.

Jina

jingle
11-10-2003, 10:58 PM
Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcomed! Today was a pretty good day - stayed under 20 carbs - at least I think I did. Doing the Atkins thing by the book is new to me. I'll get the hang of it though. One thing is for certain - I haven't been nearly as hungry today as I usually am and that's a wonderful relief. I don't know if y'all are interested in my stats, but here they are just in case:

Highest W8 - 278
Current W8 - 278
Goal W8 - 135 to 145 (or wherever I feel good and healthy!)

I can't wait until next Monday so I can post my weight loss because I have faith and confidence that I can do this!!! I just have to keep reminding myself of the things that I want to do and the things that I'm missing out on. I can't wait to play soccer and softball again and to pull on a pair of jeans without dreading that stretching out period that has to occur before they feel somewhat comfortable! You know what I mean? LOL! Another things I'm really looking forward to is bending over to tie my shoes without pain and being so aware of my pants digging into my stomach. My god that's such a crappy feeling! I can be in the best of moods, but once I have to struggle with the simplest task - like tying shoes or bending over to pick up a toy - my good mood suddenly vanishes and I just want to put on sweatpants, grab something to eat and space out in front of the TV. No wonder I've been stuck in this viscous cycle for more than three years! Oh well I didn't mean to go on and on about this. My life is going to change - in fact it is changing now. Today was the first day of the rest of my life..... how cheesy, but true.... :joker:

Well good night to all and good luck tomorrow! Thanks for being here.

jingle

Kim in NJ
11-11-2003, 10:51 AM
Hey Jingle - YOU WILL LOVE THIS PLAN! Just really stick to it - make a firm commitment and you will be AMAZED! You and I started out about the same and I have been plugging away since July and feel like a different person. I no longer wear slip on shoes :lol: :lol: :lol: I had the smae "tying" issue but I had it easy because I was teaching dd to tie her own shoes and therefore she would always ask to tie ours. How pathetic I am! But now I am riding my bike with my family and just generally very active with them now. No longer do I say to dh..."Oh I'll stay with the baby - why don't you take the other one for a nice long bike ride". I can't wait until you start reaping your success Jingle! SO excited for you that you have chosen Atkins.

OK - I'm down one more.... who will make it 120?????

Leens - 4
KarenW - 11.5
Dinki - 4
Kim in NJ - 7
Froufy - 5
Angel-Eyes - 11.5
StoryBookMama - 5.0
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
davebecca - 8
Jina - 12.5
Jen - 9
StarPrincess - 11
Clynne -
Lamby -
Barbie - 6
Jenny1 -
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Littlefreedom -
Jodes -
Skyttles -

TOTAL: 119.0 POUNDS LOST

Sonnet
11-11-2003, 11:51 AM
Hi Jingle. Welcome! I like how you say, "FAITH AND CONFIDENCE"

Thank you for saying that. I'm going to use these two word this week! Faith and confidence-I like that. Thanks for the help!

Hi Kim, That's so cute. I used to help so many children learn to tie their shoes. I used the bunny, tree and hole story. Their mommys and daddys were amazed at how the kids remembered how to tie from that story. I must have learned that way. (blush) LOL

KarenW
11-11-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Barbie101
I used to help so many children learn to tie their shoes. I used the bunny, tree and hole story. Their mommys and daddys were amazed at how the kids remembered how to tie from that story. I must have learned that way. (blush) LOL

Barbie - could you share this story? My DS is having a HORRIBLE time learning to tie his shoes.. I am desparate to find something new to help! :) Hes 7!

jingle
11-11-2003, 11:04 PM
Good evening fellow Atkineers!

Happy to report another fine day! I felt like I ate way too much however, but I'm not going to worry about it. I only ate very very low carb foods - mostly no-carb foods in fact - so I think I did ok. Evenings are rather difficult because of the family and all, but my husband is supportive and that's helpful. My husband was drinking a coke tonigt and while I'm not a big pop drinker I WANTED THAT COKE!! He saw that it bothered me so he pored it down the sink as a sign of solidarity LOL.

Even though I just met you Kim I want to say that I'm proud of you for getting out there and riding bikes with your family! You are not only taking care of yourself, but are setting an incredible example for your children! They will learn to take care of their bodies and respect their good health. That is one of my main reasons I want to get healthy - I can't stand the idea of either of my girls struggling with their weight the way I have. I want them to have a strong sense of self and to have fun in life not being bogged down by low self esteem - not to mention extra pounds! I read recently that children with considerably overweight moms are 75% more likely to become overweight than children with "normal" size moms. That makes me feel so incredibly guilty! But even so, I still know that I have to do this for me and for my self esteem, too. Gotta love yourself first before you can love others the way they deserved to be loved....

I have to get to bed so g'night to all - have a wonderful day tomorrow!

FAITH & CONFIDENCE ;) Barbie

jingle

*** Should I be posting these types of post here or somewhere else? This is mostly just a "weighing" spot, right? LMK - thanks!

Sonnet
11-12-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by KarenW
Barbie - could you share this story? My DS is having a HORRIBLE time learning to tie his shoes.. I am desparate to find something new to help! :) Hes 7!

Hi Karen, Here it is...

Once upon a time, there was a bunny. (one of the shoe laces held loosly)

He saw a tree. (the other shoelace held straight up)

So he walked around the tree. (bring the bunny shoelace around the "tree")

He saw a cave. (laces crossed over so there is a triangle hole)

So he went inside, (pull the bunny into the hole)

And it was very, very dark! (Pull the knot closed with the word dark)

He thought he saw a bunny ear! (make one loop up)

So he walked around it (while holding the one ear, bring lace around and bring it around to the thumb and push it through to make the other ear)

And sure enough, there was another bunny! (hold up both ears as you finish)

THE END.

Well, now I've got my walking shoes out of the closet with little bunnies! LOL I hope your son has fun with it. I love to see their face light up when they finally see the bunny and say, "Do it again." ~Barb~

jen519
11-12-2003, 12:28 PM
Hi all.
Jingle, I don't think anyone minds if we post daily stuff here, but there's also a daily chat in the Atkins section and one in the low-carb. I can really relate to the fear that my daughter is going to have the same difficulties that I had growing up because of my overweight. The good news is that now, since I've changed my WOE, and she and I are the only ones in the house, she's eating differently too. She still gets SOME sugary snacks and desserts, but I'm making sure she gets plenty of protein-rich foods as well. I knew she had slimmed down a lot, but didn't realize how much until we were watching some home videos together last night and I saw just how "chunky" she had gotten. She looks much healthier now and probably her height:weight ratio is more normal.
I'm afraid I'm not going to make my onederland goal, since I went a week without losing anything. Was hoping I might drop more this past week than 2 pounds, but it didn't happen. I have even more admiration for you that continue to stay OP even when "stalled" for extended periods. I had trouble after seeing the scale not move for a week! Pretty impatient. Anyway, it's still 2 weeks till Thanksgiving and anything could happen.

Jen

Kim in NJ
11-12-2003, 02:01 PM
Jen - Come on - we can do it..... I also have 5 to lose by Thanksgiving. I am just upping my exercise and staying away from nuts etc. Let's do it together - 5 POUND BY THANKSGIVING!!!!! :D

Jingle - I'll respond to your post here on the daily chat for today in a few min. :)

jen519
11-13-2003, 02:56 PM
You're absolutely right Kim and thanks for the kick in the pants. There are still 2 weeks from today for me to get those 5 pounds off. You said that dratted "E" word, though. I'm sure if I could just scare up some discipline in that area, I'd be doing better.
On the up side, I am drinking more water and doing a little (very little, like maybe 10 minutes) walking during the day. There's still a chance.

Jen

supersized
11-13-2003, 03:06 PM
You can do it Jen! Hang in there. You're close to your goal.

10 pounds in 2 weeks doesn't seem very likely since I'm still stalled. :(

jingle
11-15-2003, 08:20 PM
Hey guys!! I know it's not Monday yet, but I'm too excited to wait until then to post my weight loss - - - 8 POUNDS!!!

That's 8 pounds in 5 days - I'm freaking out!! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

I'm so happy!. My family and I went out to eat this evening to my FAVORITE Mexican restaurant and I was fine. I didn't eat the chips and salsa that flowed freely throughout the meal. I didn't want the guacamole that I absolutely adore. I was just fine with my grilled chicken and gave my refried beans and sweet corn cakes that came with my dinner to my kids. I know there will be pitfalls along the way (I have a lot to lose and a long way to go) but right now I am flying high and super-motivated!! I am losing all this weight and there is just nothing and noone going to stop me!!!

See you Monday!
:wave:

StarPrincess
11-15-2003, 08:46 PM
Wooo hoooo! Way to go, Jingle! Not only did you lose 8 pounds, but you're doing great on staying away from the "bads" and establishing good eating habits which will make you successful in maintaining your weight loss. Great job!!!

Now for some bananas....

:cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

jdoggmartin
11-15-2003, 08:59 PM
Way to go, Jingle!!! That's great!!! :cp:

Jamlinrich
11-16-2003, 07:54 AM
I have to ask. This thread has intimidated me because of its size and because I don't really know what it means. Can you tell me what all the challenges are about? The champagne challenge, etc.? How does it all work? Can I join? What are the rules and is it too late? Thanks skinny women!

StarPrincess
11-16-2003, 03:50 PM
Yippee! The stall is over. I hope I copied the right thing. It was the last one I could find.

Jamie - If you check out the first post of the challenge threads, you'll find the explanation of what's going on. You don't have to read them all. Just join in if you want to. :)

Leens - 4
KarenW - 11.5
Dinki - 4
Kim in NJ - 7
Froufy - 5
Angel-Eyes - 11.5
StoryBookMama - 5.0
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11
davebecca - 8
Jina - 12.5
Jen - 9
StarPrincess - 13
Clynne -
Lamby -
Barbie - 6
Jenny1 -
Pason147 -
Swedemella -
Littlefreedom -
Jodes -
Skyttles -

TOTAL: 121.0 POUNDS LOST

Jamlinrich
11-16-2003, 06:53 PM
I guess it doesn't make sense for me to do a Turkey challenge. I'll keep on losing but I'm all in for a Christmas challenge or new years. Maybe start a new thread for that one on the day after thanksgiving. Turn over a new leaf, new size with the new year. In the mean time I guess I can pledge 3 pounds by Turkey day. Think that's reasonable. Hooha!!

KarenW
11-16-2003, 09:04 PM
Jamie-the new years challenge is in the LOW CARB forum. It started on Nov 1 but you can join in anytime! If you know your weight as of Nov 1, you can use the weight you have lost so far already toO!

jen519
11-16-2003, 10:31 PM
Look at you Jingles! 8 pounds. Great job. And I'm so glad to hear that you're losing again too Star Princess.
Don't know what I'll see tomorrow. Went to Portland with DD for an ice-skating competition and ate at restaurants the whole time. One thing about low-carbing, though, is there are very few "hidden no-nos". I skipped the bread, potatoes and ate only meat, cheese, eggs and veggies. Think I did O.K., but I did eat more than I needed to get full. Had some garlic-sauteed mushrooms last night that were to die for!
I'll check in tomorrow.

Jen

Kim in NJ
11-17-2003, 12:33 AM
Way to Go Jingle & Star!!!!
Just adding in Jingle's 8 lb loss so we don't lose it in the shuffle.

Leens - 4
KarenW - 11.5
Dinki - 4
Kim in NJ - 7
Froufy - 5
Angel-Eyes - 11.5
StoryBookMama - 5.0
Barbmarie - 0.5
Fullfig - 8
Tamibeep - 5
Supersized - 11