Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2001, 11:48 AM   #1  

Question

Hello I am new to this website and just started to do Tae Bo by Billy Banks
I was wondering if any body knows how many times a week your suppose to do the tape.
I can only manage the basic so far, but I have only been doing it for a week so far, almost
every day. Or how much success have they had doing any of his tapes.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Old 03-22-2001, 09:40 PM   #2  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

I've been doing Tae Bo since January 3 and love it so much I actually do it every day. Billy says in his book that 3-5 times a week is sufficient though. I alternate workouts because I have so many tapes but that really helps me keep motivated.

There's an email list at Yahoo Groups called Taebo-On that I belong to. Its a great place to find inspiration and motivation. Also, a woman from that site just put up a new website called www.taebofans.com. Check it out! Hope this helps!
Old 03-23-2001, 11:23 AM   #3  

Zookeeper - Thank you so much for the information. I'll check the sites out.

Sharon/Charmin
Old 03-23-2001, 12:14 PM   #4  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Charmin - I also wanted to mention that I live in Central Wisconsin. And on the Tae Bo list, there's one woman from Viroqua and one from Green Bay! Maybe eventually we can get one of those Tae Bo Luncheons going that I read about on my mailing list!
Old 03-26-2001, 01:13 PM   #5  

Default New to Tae-bo

My niece loaned me her Tae-bo tapes. I think that I would love doing Tae-bo, but my legs were so sore after just learning the basics. I am 57 years old. Is anyone else out there my age doing it and is this something that you work at each day easing into it? I get bored with the treadmill, but I think if I ever get the hang of this there will be no time for boredom.

Thanks,
Pat F.
Old 03-27-2001, 01:45 AM   #6  

Hello Pat. I just started TaeBo also... I used to TaeBo alot in the past but just now am getting motivated to start again. I am using the TaeBo Live series... and am on the Basic Tape. I also do Yoga for Weight Loss and the CRUNCH fitness tapes for toning.

I understand what you are saying as far as soreness goes... they do have the instructional video which helps prepare you for the following tapes. They also have TaeBo Gold for the older TaeBo lovers. www.taebo.com is where you can find that... also in alot of stores like Target and BestBuy.

I love TaeBo. I'm actually doing the 21 d/c if ya'll know about it.
Old 03-27-2001, 08:48 AM   #7  

Default Tae-Bo

Hi Toshiko,

I am going to try the Tae-Bo again. If I have too many problems I will check out the one for us older people.
Thank you for responding to my post.

Pat F.
Old 03-28-2001, 04:18 PM   #8  

hey pat...
don't worry too much about your age and tae bo. if it hurts too much, go slower. listen to your body, not the count on the video.

my karate teacher is in his mid 60s, and he still does all the things the younger people do in class. your body is just not used to the movements; i was incredibly sore the first time i did tae bo, and i'm 22; it will get better with time.

andrea
Closed Thread