Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 09:33 AM   #1  

Default Weightless Wednesday

Wow-am I actually the one starting the thread??? Can't believe it....I haven't been posting much but i have been lurking....
I'd post a poll but I am not creative-Jayne-where are you???Congrats on all of the losers this past week!!! I am jealous. I have been so so OP-it is hard to get back into the swing of things after being off of it for so long...but I will keep going. i really like the flexpoints though.

We have been really busy planning for Sara's christening. My entire family is coming, and some close friends-only about 30 people..but we are doing it at the house and I am cooking with my mom. The menu so far is eggplant parm, baked ziti, sausage and peppers, baked chicken, beef and broccoli, and assorted deli meats/salads, etc. Have to save a lot of points!!!We are also doing appetizers-but easy stuff-shrimp cocktail, etc-pre made stuff from BJ's to cut the work....
in the meantime I have to order the cake and the deli stuff, price out and buy plates, napkins, etc, and extra folding table and chairs, the list is endless. I also want to decorate the house a little bit-we have lived here a year and a half and still we have no artwork in our living room!!!

BBL -Lori

PS remember the poll from a week or so ago about your favorite funny commercial?? mine is the one where the guy is at a motel in the middle of the night shaking a vending machine-he gives up and you see an M and m holding on to the inside glass!! it always makes me laugh!!!

Hi to everyone-come out and post!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 10:21 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hi Lori! Sounds like flex points will come in handy for the christening. I know that youwill get back into the point thing. I had a bad week this week too.

I thought I would respond to yesterdays posts that I missed!

Kieri~ I like this sixth grade class. It doesn't appear to be too cliquey yet. In fact I am kind of impressed at how kind they are to one another. Yesterday a girl fell out of her chair and bit it. Everyone just asked how she was and chuckled a bit. When I was in 6th grade that would have been worthy of a year of teasing. I was impressed.

Lexxy~ Hey I am so glad that you are going to be posting again. You will get back in the swing of things too!

Ali~ Looking at houses is fun but the whole process is a bit daunting after 6 months. Oh well we will keep looking until we find the one!

Lynnie~ Happy Belated B-day!!! I hope the b-day dinner was delicious.

Angie~ I did get a good night of sleep last night and was even able to get up to do exercise. I actually had a very relaxing evening. I watched the "Gilmore Girls" premiere and veged.

Hi Belle and KT.

Well I need to get back to work. I will BBL.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:58 AM   #3  
Canadian Chick

Morning girls, I am up early for me. For some reason I got up at 8am. I am not a morning person & since I don't work until the afternoon I usually sleep until 9:30 or 10. I actually had a good sleep last night. Yay!

They decided that it is too risky to operate on DH's grandma so they released her from the hospital last night. She is in so much pain & can't eat anything but chicken broth & that barely stays down. I can't believe they aren't going to do anything for her. Its frustrating. You'd think they could at least give her some kind of meds or a portable IV so she doesn't starve. Its doesn't make sense to me. Dh seems way less stressed though. I think he's relieved that he doesn't have to be the only one dealing with it any more. Yesterday his Uncle came & he stayed overnight with us. Today 4 more of his Unlces & Aunts are coming.

Good news a brief respite from the brother drama. He went home to my Mom's yesterday to pick up his car & he won't be back until tonight! Relief

I didn't do so hot eating yesterday. We ended up with McD's for supper after the long workday & being at the hospital. I used 29 flex points! Yesterday was my first day of the week too. I needed to save them for the weekend b/c we are going out of town & will be eating out a few times. Also its my little brother's 8th birthday & he's getting an ice cream cake!!! It will be a challenging week. I think I need to get my booty in gear & get some exercise!

Lynnie, Happy Birthday Yesterday! I hope it was great!

Lori, Have fun planning your celebration! I love doing stuff like that. Maybe whne my brother moves out we'll have a big celebration party!

Becky, it sounds like you have a great group of kids! I can't believe I missed the opener for Gilmore Girls! I hope I can find it on another channel this week. Was it good? Oh well life is busy. What can you do?

Anyway I've blabbed on enough A big hello to all of you yet to post. I'll probably be in & out this morning. TC girlies!
Old 09-24-2003, 11:28 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Lori: I know, i have lived at my house for more than a year and I have barely decorated also. Now I am moving in 3 months, I'll decorate slightly at my new place (a 25 and a 26 year old guys live there currently, it needs the feminine touch <there was no other distinctly female smilies ) Speaking of which, can I ask you a medical related question? can BCPs just stop working for some people? My period has started about 6 days early and I have been really good with taking my pills. I am still taking my pill... I am just worried I need a stronger one, but I am already on tri-cyclen (not the low one either). I have been struggling with BTB for months or so, this is the worse so far. I am going to a doc in 2 weeks.

Rina: I am so sorry... that must be so tough for everyone. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Becky: I can't wait to get a house though, my bf is thinking of builing one though, that could be awesome.

Anyhoo, my bf and I discussed our fears about moving in together yesterday... I have never lived with anyone, while he has, so our fears our different. I am glad he brought it up though. He's also afraid that I won't see his place as our place... I told him that at first I probably wouldn't; he's lived there for five years and I have been going over as a guest for the last 8 months but if I could add my own touches and what not, that would help, but I told him it would probably take a while. Luckily he wants to move next year so I think that will be awesome. I also offered to buy a new fridge yesterday and the type he really likes (to be fair I am pretty ambivalent about fridges as long as they're spacious and are energy efficient I am happy), he was happy at that suggestion.

Take care!

Ali
Old 09-24-2003, 11:32 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all, I just fell asleep at my desk. This is not s good sign for the day! It is also gloomy here, so that doesn't help.

I missed Gilmore Girls last night too. When I realized it this morning I was ticked. Tho they replay the show on Sunday afternoon, so I hope I can see it then!!! I love love love that show.

Not much else, ate a donut this morning and it was so not worth it. Now I am angry I wasted my points. The Onion Soup turned out good last night. I will try to remember to post the recipe from home sometime. It was super easy too. I adjusted it slightly, so I will tell you what I did differently when I post it! Emma ate ham and cheese. I gave her the choice since onion soup is not too kid friendly.

Oh and picture day was today. I have no clue what will happen, but Emma managed to stretch her shirt all out and then got all crabby when I brought her to day care. Kate doesn't care. So I hope they are able to get some good shots.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:32 AM   #6  
A Yankee in Virginia

My power came back yesterday! I didn't expect it back so quickly, so it was a nice surprise. We were able to start replenishing the refrigerator and watched TV! I felt a little guilty, though, because so many people in their area still don't have power, and so many have had their homes destroyed. I wish I could invite people over to my house!

Well, I better run. Gotta go out to a shelter and see how the folks are faring.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:48 AM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lori - your plans for Sara's christening sound lovely. I bet it will be a wonderful day for your family.

Becky - My virtual work-out buddy - did you do Denise again today? I did the 2 mile WATP and will do some arm & ab ST tonight. Glad those kids were nice to that poor girl.

Lynnie - Happy Belated Bday!

Rina - glad you got a repreive on dealing with little bro. I'll continue to keep DH's grandma in my thoughts.

Ali - I own my house and still feel as though it is no longer "mine" with CB moving. All of my furniture will be moving out and all of his is moving in. It is going to be a huge adjustment. I think it is for both parties regardless of whether you move into a home that is pre-existing for one party or a new place for both of you.

So, I've been without AC in my car for 2 months (not fun where I live during the summer). To get it repaired will be plus 300 dollars. Ugh! Not a necessary repair this time of year but I don't want to go another summer without AC in 90+ weather for a commute 2 times a day. Guess I'll be sucking it up.

Later.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:52 AM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

JenL - I'm sure the photographer will be able to tease a smile out of Emma. The girls will be just lovely in their pictures.

Kim - glad you have power! Hope things are starting to normalize for you.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:55 AM   #9  
Divine Gal

Good Morning Sunshines

Thank for the Birthday wishes. I did very well yesterday.I used 13 Flexpoints for my birthday though.But I am back in action today.
Got alot of phone calls yesterday and email cards and regular cards.I felt so loved.I heard from Goddaughters too.*sniff sniff* i miss them lots.

well talk to yall later
*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-24-2003, 12:12 PM   #10  
Running Babe

Laura: Yup, it will be an adjustment and the kind of comfort of living together doesn't necessarily happen when I walk through the door with my stuff. I am really looking forward to the good stuff, waking up together, cooking together, just being able to live together, but there are other things that can always get messy, like conflicting schedules, money, maintaining the house, how much space to give each other... Also getting used to each other's nuances and what not....We're also figuring out what to keep and whatnot. I want to keep mybedroom set (for the guest room), he has two bedroom sets right now... we'll use one for our room, the other? He says he might sell it or give it to charity (I should have said 'are you sure' when he suggeted that). The fact is 90% of the furniture will be his, plus my bedroom set was my university grad present too... Regardless, my BF is amazing, we go so well together. His stepsis found out we were moving in together and she was ecstatic!

Take care!

Ali
Old 09-24-2003, 12:15 PM   #11  
Running Babe

Lynnie: That's what those flexpoints are there for! Congrats!
Old 09-24-2003, 12:49 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Hi ladies, no temp for me today and a LOT of stuff done - YAY! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. Speaking of weight. I stayed OP yesterday and went for a 20 minute walk on my lunchbreak. I have choir tonight so I'm going to go on a hike after work before choir. I wore my hiking boots to work and I work on top of a mountain so we have some nice trails and stuff that take about 40 mins. And my food is planned for today and should be on track again.
Lori - Sounds like a fantastic plan for a party. Be sure to have someone take pictures so you can remember all your hard work.
Becky - 6th grade history sounds scary. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Rina - Big Brother finale tonight! And I'll actually be home to watch it. I'm glad DH's stress is reduced. I hope his Grandma can start feeling better.
Ali - I love that smilie! It's good that you guys have talked about your worries. Should make any problems easier to handle (or non-existant)
Jen - Sorrry you're tired. I'm sure picture day will go fine. Maybe you can post one for us to see!
Kim - Yay Power. How is everything else going with the clean up?
Laura - Why not wait until closer to the high temps so that if it goes in the middle of next summer you can be covered by warranty? My friend's heating coil just went which won't be good for winter with 3 kids but so expensive!!!
Hi Lynnie - glad you had a nice birthday!! That's what those flexpoints are for!
Time to get some stuff done. Have a great day everyone.
KT
Old 09-24-2003, 01:17 PM   #13  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Ok I was able to read all of the posts but I dont have time to post properly myself. I am leaving!!! I get to work 1/2 days today and tomorrow so I am off to the apple orchard with my sisters, BIL's and my neice and nephew. DH is the only one who couldn't swing it Oh well, I am still so excited. I am going to take obscene amounts of pics of Celia and Colin (Neice and Nephew). Oh and BTW I cannot believe that other people love
Gilmore GIrls I am so glad I am not the only one. They are just so quick witted I love that.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:09 PM   #14  
Running Babe

Lynnie: Oh yeah, happy birthday (one day late, sorry)!! Are you a libra or a virgo? I am a libra... my bday is next week!!

Jen: I am sure picture day will go well!! Actually I want to get my family together for a professional portrait... We have never done that before.. It's hard though, one bro lives with my parents, but one lives in Denver and the other lives in Toronto and I live in Ottawa. I figure we could do a family one, one of my parents and one of the kids (I'm still a kid even if I am turning 26 next week). It's also my parents' 30th anniversary next February so I think it would make a good prezzie.

Kim: I know the feeling of getting power on.. During the ice storm, I was the last of my friends to get it back on.. My friends would call me forgetting that I was without..

Take care!

Ali
Old 09-24-2003, 05:30 PM   #15  
A Yankee in Virginia

Forget to share my fun weight-loss moment ... I got to write a first-person column the other day about the joys of taking a cold shower, and it ran with my photo. I just had the photo taken yesterday, because when I had my photo taken when I first started here, my hair was long. Yesterday, I carefully opened the paper and the biggest thrill was I DIDN'T LOOK FAT IN THE PHOTO! I was so excited! You couldn't see my double chin or anything!
Closed Thread