Depression and Weight Issues - Wednesday, September 24th

View Full Version : Wednesday, September 24th

Leenie
09-24-2003, 09:24 AM
First things first.

LYNNIE oh Lynnie, when is your birthday girl ? was it yesterday ?

Good Morning :D

I'm feeling icky today, I think I got some sort of flu or tummy virus. Yesterday I had the hershey's and today same but I feel like barfing and I got a wicked headache....OY. To much excitement in my life I guess ....... NOT!

Hope you all are doing okay.

Even when I'm sick I can still eat........ hows that for yah :encore:

liz321
09-24-2003, 11:38 AM
It is a sunny but cool day here today in Alberta Canada. I have just eaten my breakfast and had a cup of tea....cause it was already made for dd11 and I was too lazy to make coffee, and too rushed and well you know what I mean!

I am going to get ready to go for a walk with my girlfriend and her baby....we walk anywhere from 1-2 hours depending on when we get started.

Yesterday was a bit of a right=off....sleeping after nights and then draggy all eve.

Went to bed early....but not to sleep quite as early as I wanted...Hubby was watching Paradise Island (ugh). I don't know how he can stand watching these self centered people. Maybe it beats hanging with me! ;)

Anyhow nothing much to report. Have been watching the Dr. Phil weight challenge....interesting to say the least.

Hope everyone is having a good day....Leens hope you are feeling better quick.....:?: wonder what it is that has you feeling so rotten.

Bye for now gang....I will check in later

Eliz

lynnie24
09-24-2003, 12:49 PM
Well yesterday I had a pretty good day; I got several phone calls wishing me a Happy Birthday.So Leenie; yeah my birthday was yesterday.I feel like I am getting old thats why I didn't really say anything.My DH made me dinner which was great and cost me 13 of my Flexpoints.I had a chicken cheesesteak and macaroni and cheese.I don't even feel bad because I know I have been doing so well.He bought me a little cake but the real cake comes this Sunday when his family comes over to have some.

Didn't sleep to well last night though.I had alot on my mind.I talked to a friend and she told me that my youngest sister is pregnant again.This is her fourth child and she is only 23.I have no kids yet; so I wondering what the deal is.Heard she is really bad on drugs and so is my other sister.I don't talk to them but always know whats up with them from other people telling me.
I will probably talk about this more in journal in a bit so if ya want to read.

My God daughters called me last night though to wish me a happy birthday and that was great.My best friend did too.

Well I am back on the horse today.I am going to see if my hubby wants to go somewhere...Have a great day.BBL

*hugs*
lynnie:)

lynnie24
09-24-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Leens
First things first.

LYNNIE oh Lynnie, when is your birthday girl ? was it yesterday ?

Good Morning :D

I'm feeling icky today, I think I got some sort of flu or tummy virus. Yesterday I had the hershey's and today same but I feel like barfing and I got a wicked headache....OY. To much excitement in my life I guess ....... NOT!

Hope you all are doing okay.

Even when I'm sick I can still eat........ hows that for yah :encore:

*hugs Leenie* but not to close.....*snickers* I hope u feel better; I heard the flu is starting early this year.

CIN
09-24-2003, 01:13 PM
Good Morning Gals!
Thanks for the Birthday wishes. I am thankful for another healthy year and will enjoy my day even if I do have to go to work. I feel blessed to work at a place that pays me to do something I love! I wish everyone could have a job like that! (sincerely)

I have to go get tags renewed and my drivers renewed today before going to work at 2:30. I ironed and caught up around here this morning! Sure feels good to catch up a bit!

Leens.sorry you are not feeling well.hopefully it wont last all day!

Liz.enjoy your walk! Walks do wonders and conversation with other women helps a lot too!

Lynnie.Sounds like you had a nice BD too!

I will check back later.

Thanks again and BE BLESSED!;)
Cin

Leenie
09-24-2003, 01:14 PM

liz321
09-24-2003, 02:19 PM
Lynnie what is chicken cheesesteak? Belated Happy birthday!

Have a great day!

Eliz

CIN
09-24-2003, 03:03 PM
Leens
I dont know where you saw those but they are smiles and frowns silly girl!

Liz.I read Lynnies post and thought she had chicken cheesecake! I thought "Now thats a new one!"

Later taters..off to work!

Cin:D

Leenie
09-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Chicken cheese cake ? hmmmmmm you might be on to something Cin :D

lynnie24
09-24-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by liz321
Lynnie what is chicken cheesesteak? Belated Happy birthday!

Have a great day!

Eliz

you know how people order cheesesteaks subs...well tis is like that but made with Chicken *looks like steakums*

Leenie
09-24-2003, 03:44 PM
They have ckn steak ums ???????? GET OUT OF TOWN!!

cathyxxx
09-24-2003, 03:54 PM
LOL LOL LOL

Cin, I have to tell you this - when I read Lynnie's post - guess what I thought it said? yep "chicken CHEESECAKE". I had to go back and read it again and then realized it did not say cheesecake! LOL I first thought, oh man, I've always got cheesecake on my brain - just thought it was funny that once again we were thinking the same! LOL I know you will have a great Birthday! you always make the most of each day!

Leenie, I sure hope you are feeling better girlie! Thanks for keeping us straight on Lynnie's birthday - whew I hate when one slips by and I don't notice! thanks for catching it!

Liz, I've been watching the weight challenge thing too. And I finished reading the book over the weekend. I don't know, maybe I just don't get it, or maybe I am just too busy and distracted to give it my full attention, but I just didn't feel like it was what I needed. I don't know - maybe I'm in denial! ;) I know he made some good points in his book, but .... oh well. And about the show, maybe I'm reading these people wrong, but goodness it just seems like these people have soooooooooo many problems. I guess I was expecting something awesome, something I needed to hear, but I haven't heard it yet??? I don't know - I'm probably just distracted these days by life.

Lynnie, that was really nice of your hubby to make you a special dinner! I hope your birthday was as special as you are!

Anybody seen Kemp?

oh goodness, boss is back, I gotta get back to work

later gaters!

hugs,
Cathy

cathyxxx
09-24-2003, 03:58 PM
P.S. I just wanted to pat myself on the back if ya'll don't mind. When I was writing in my exercise journal today, I realized that last week I exercised 6 days! I didn't realize I had done that well last week, but feel good about it, especially as busy as its been!

:cb: :cb: :cb:

Leenie
09-24-2003, 04:23 PM
YEAH CATHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snoopysgirl
09-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Hi everyone,

Poppin' in a bit late today but better late than, umm, months later. LOl. Today I am feeling glum but trying to stay on top of it. I overate today but it was 3 hemp bread sandwhiches so that is high in fiber and good stuff,
(5 g per slice), and I had natural peanut butter and honey on it..sooo, not the best but perhaps I can make it a light night, dinner wise. Gotta stop trying to feed my emotions. Darn. Well, I did treadmill for an hour today so I guess that is good. Sometimes I feel like I am a hamster in one of those running wheels with this weight loss thing and that I will never be comfortable in my skin.

Ah well..

:^:

liz321
09-24-2003, 06:36 PM
Cathy I was talking to a friend about Dr. Phil and we think that there are people who eat too big of portions and don't exercise enough.......and then there are people that have major problems.....and you are right some of these people have major problems.....and looked how they turned up their noses to that beautiful salmon meal.....can you believe one of those ladies said they had never eaten a piece of fish that wasn't deep fried in their life! Anyhow I want to see what happens...bye for now!

Eliz

What and the heck are steak-ums......I have no idea what this food is that you speak about.

april99
09-24-2003, 06:54 PM
Hi everyone

It is sort of late to be posting.....but I am just getting to the computer now.

It is a rather grey day here today....it is cold too. I went to coffee with a friend this morning....then I went to Costco after.

Today is my 3rd day doing Weight Watchers....doing good....I think I like the flex points. On Monday my DH came home with 2 O'Henry chocolate bars....haven't had a chocolate bar in months....so I thought....what do I do.....normally....if I ate a chocolate bar....that would be it.....I would blow it for the day & eat everything in sight....so I thought...I will eat the chocolate bar....all 7 points.....& count it as flex points....so I did....the rest of the day was good....food wise.

Leenie....hope you are feeling better now.

Liz.....I remember the years I worked the night shifts....it seemed I felt tired all the time.

Lynnie......Happy Birthday....although belated.

April

lynnie24
09-24-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by liz321
Cathy I was talking to a friend about Dr. Phil and we think that there are people who eat too big of portions and don't exercise enough.......and then there are people that have major problems.....and you are right some of these people have major problems.....and looked how they turned up their noses to that beautiful salmon meal.....can you believe one of those ladies said they had never eaten a piece of fish that wasn't deep fried in their life! Anyhow I want to see what happens...bye for now!

Eliz

What and the heck are steak-ums......I have no idea what this food is that you speak about.

I see you are in Canada as are alot of my friends..... What do u call sandwiches on rolls up there? Hoagies, submarines? let me see if I can find u a yummy picture?

cathyxxx
09-24-2003, 09:09 PM
Liz, that was one of the things that caught my attention yesterday! I thought wow I would be so thrilled to have a chef fix me some grilled salmon and veggies! looked great to me! and then when she said she had never had fish that wasn't fried! wow I thought "how strange" - I think I'm just having a hard time relating! which is actually a good thing right! ;)

And you're right - I want to see what happens and I'll keep following it - anything on weightloss problems always catches my attention.

lynnie24
09-24-2003, 09:25 PM
well liz I couldn't find a pic

but guess what

i will tell you how my hubby makes em...

he takes a chicken breast, slices into very thin strips.fries it up with some onions and green pepper.when chciken is done cooking he puts cheddar cheese on it * u can use any cheese u like though*he take a 6 1/2 inch roll and spoons the chicken and chees on it. U can put any condiments on it u want. I like mayo and ketchup. Slice it in hald and eat enjoy.