Weight Loss Support - Time For Serious Fun #29

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #29

gma22
09-24-2003, 06:01 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #29

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

gma22
09-24-2003, 06:05 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes. What is messing you up, making you mad, or causing you sadness?

My woe is that the dog a few days ago stepped on my left breast in bed and now there is a worrisome knot and soreness. It is getting smaller but it sure is sore.

I have 20 menus done now. Yeah! I ran out of recipes and need to get some more and finish one more week.

Will post later when you are all up and around.

Faye ;)

gigglez
09-24-2003, 07:06 AM
Good morning ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faye, so sorry to hear bout the knot in your left breast. I am glad that it is getting smaller! Wish that I had some mircale for the soreness. All that I can say is to make sure that you wear a bra that has excellent support. For me that is always the key. Thank GOD there are playtex bras.

Woe for today is an on going woe. I guess that I am getting to the point where I am ready for a change of sencery and would love to leave where I am living at but I know that this is a good place to raise my son. That and the fact that I am so unhappy at my first job. I am trying to make my second job full time but it is one of those where I have to wait and see.

Time to checkout some other threads and mail before work. Here's to a BLESSED DAY to all

sandy

Honeyrose29
09-24-2003, 08:37 AM
Good morning girls!

Faye take care of that knot. I know how bad that can hurt because my toddler seems to love to elbow me in the chest, but dont they all?

No woes here :) So far its a sunny day (but rain on the way shortly) All the kids off to school, freshly washed, dressed and fed, except my baby who is still asleep.

Last Monday was his 4th birthday. They sure do grow up fast.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I am going to have a cup of coffee and watch the rest GMA... for the first time- uninterrupted in years!

hugs!

Mirabelly
09-24-2003, 09:00 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Well, I wasn't going to exercise yesterday.....but Mother Nature had other ideas! We had what I guessed to be the remnants of the recent hurricane---lots of wind and raining buckets. I just happened to go into the garage after dinner, and the rain was quickly seeping into the garage ! There was a largish puddle about two inches away from a huge stack of cardboard boxes which contain our most beloved books :eek: I was so worried about ruining the books that I grabbed a towel to stop the stream and then tore apart the stack to get the bottom row off the ground! There really wasn't anywhere else to put the things, so I just put some plastic bins on the bottom row and then restacked the boxes on top.

All in all, it was about 30 minutes of heavy lifting. So, I guess I got 4 points yesterday in spite of myself :lol: I'm so relieved that nothing got damaged!

Wednesday woes are few today....I have to finally come to grips with the fact that our cat (who has been missing for over a week) probably got eaten by a coyote or a fisher. These woods are just full of predators and she was an outdoor cat who loved to hunt. I guess it was a fitting end after all the hundreds of things she killed mutilated and left on my pillow! :lol: Still, I miss her terribly. She was the only pet we could keep when we moved (had to say goodbye to a whole flock of sheep!). But, I think it's finally time to put her little bowl away and accept reality. At least I didn't have to watch her get sick and die slowly.

The other thing I'm concerned about today is our vehicles. I have an awesome huge conversion van which is perfect for our family. I bought it four years ago for only $3000. It has a new engine and a new transmission.....purrs like a kitten......but it has a good bit of rust on the outside. I've tried to get it inspected twice now, and each different garage says there's something else wrong with it. I can't help feeling like I'm being taken advantage of! Like, "you have to pay us several hundred dollars...or several thousand....or you won't be able to drive this vehicle". I HATE CAR BOYS!! I can and do alot of my own auto repair....right down to my own brakes! But EVERY time I take a car anywhere I am patronized and treated like an idiot! If I give the car to my dh and have him take it in, there is never any problem. Even though he knows SQUAHT about cars. PISSES me off! :mad: :mad:

So, today I'm taking the van to a third garage, in hopes that they will be more reasonable. This one is owned by a woman, and run by a woman........I can't wait to see if there is any difference in how I'm treated! I've searched long and hard for woman owned garages, and they are few and far between. But we happen to have one just down the road.......I sure hope they are reasonable! Remember when an inspection meant that you headlights and wipers had to work and that's all they cared about???? I think they make the laws here just so the mechanics can try to suck you for as much money as they think you've got!

Anyway, that's my gripe for today. We have three other vehicles, all of which need inspections as well......and none of which are in near as good a condition as the van. I think I almost have dh convinced that we need to suck it up and buy a NEW car. He's so focused on getting out of debt that the thought of a car payment just makes him crazy.....but this whole summer has been one freakin' car hassle after another, and the stress just isn't worth it! He tried to take his car in yesterday and they wanted him to pay $1400 to get shocks, brake calipers, and ball joints replaced! Now, I'm sorry, but that is a TAD excessive for a state inspection!!!!

Anyhoo, I'm going in at 10, so I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm pretty stressed out, but hey....I haven't binged! I'm so glad we're all figuring out our "triggers" and how to control them.

Hope everyone has a super day!

Julie

gma22
09-24-2003, 09:31 AM
Julie: Boy can I identify with car problems. Until we bought the Grand Marquis a year ago we had not had a new car in 20 years and we have pretty much had to have anything and everything replaced. We have inspection here too, with the main focus being emissions. Right before our inspection this year our engine light came on. Jack took it in and the machine said it was an emissions problem, but out car book said it could be other stuff like bad gas or a loose gas cap. Anyway, a friend of Jack's said to disconnect the battery to reset the computer and if it stayed off it was nothing. Well it did, but a week later came back on. Jack took it in to be inspected and it passed with a 98% and 100% and they can't find anything wrong with the car other than check engine light on and they don't know why it came on now in the first place! Jack's old car is in the garage kaput because it has a wiring problem and it is not a diagnostic machine "show what's wrong" kind of problem. They have to follow the wiring out in the car and they charge us by the hour to do that! So right now until I get a job it is going to sit there. The title for it which is clear is in Indiana and we have had 3 years of trouble getting them to give it to us so we can't sell it to anybody! Hope the ladys' garage can give you a fair price and assessment what is wrong. We have a leaky garage and brother what a mess. To fix the problem is gonna cost big bucks because the garage has shifted and so the poured concrete around the outside has cracked etc and the door doesn't fit tight at the bottom and that all has to be replaced. I need to check and see if that is the association responsibility since it is the outside of the garage.

I only have to vacuum and than I am done with the upstairs so I am going to drag the trash and dirty hand towels etc downstairs and then get finished up here so I can decide about exercise this morning. I have to get my toenails repainted too and get my clothes and stuff laid out to pack tonight so I better get back to work!

Faye:)

Sandybrat
09-24-2003, 12:09 PM
Hello AGAIN Lovely Ladies... lets see if this works this time... this :censored: computer froze right as i hit post reply... and i had a real long post... gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:
Any whoooooo... Yesterday i only got points for h2o... no exercise and overate... i have been in a funk these past few days
even my head feels like its in the clouds or something... must have caught a bug... luck duck! My parents gave me a cd of my bother... he was a dj and an extrememly talented man... he had the gift of mimic... he could and did most eveyone... I listened to it yesterday with my hubby... the thing i realize most is that i adore his laughter... and i miss it immensly. I laughed and i cried but mostly it made me happy. Happy to know i have him forever in my heart and i have his voice with me now.
Julie, i am in the same boat as you are with the cat... my Franklin has been missing for a week. He too is an outside hunter...lol and has brought many a "gift" to us. We went to the Humane Society to look for him there yesterday and no luck... Someone either took him(whick i doubt... cuz if he didnt get to go out he was good at making problems...lol) or something happened to him. I just dont think we are going to see him again... And Salem, our other cat is at a loss as well. HE misses his brother... he even walks with us while we are calling for Franklin...lol both of them loved going for walks with us... like a dog would... just trotting along behind or along side us...
I sooo agree with what Pam wrote... I printed it out and am going to read it everyday , in the mirror, til it is in my head permanently. Maybe that will help me get going... Its going to be a long hard road but i sooooooo need to and sooooo want to be successful. With your help i know i can do this ...

Well ladies... its almost time for DS to go to school... so i will check back here later...
Take Care of U!!! Love you all....

Sandy:dance: :flow1: :flow2: :grouphug:

gma22
09-24-2003, 12:12 PM
I "borrowed" this from another thread but I know Kat won't mind. You need inspiration, go here and look what this woman accomplished!

http://www.darleneelizabeth.com/openingpage.htm

Julie: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points

SandyB: YOU GET A::flow2: for points. It is understandable to be blue getting the gift you did. Your parents are wonderful people to think of you in that way. Go take a look at darlene's website and I guarantee you she will spur you on!

I GOT A: :bravo: for points.

Somebody and I can't for the life of me remember who, ask me about my menus. I am including one day's menu here so you can see what I did. This is based on 1800/410 cal and fat. Almost all of the dinner recipes are from 3fc. I think I have one that is WW and a couple that are just a meat and pot kind of thing.

MENU 2

BREAKFAST: 1 carton egg beaters with 1 slice toast with all fruit jam 150/10

SNACK: 16 oz spicy bloody mary mix with 1 cup lowfat popcorn and 1tsp peanuts 190/ 80

LUNCH: WW frozen meal 400 cal less 80 fat cal or less
Carton sugar free jello and 1 tbl ff cool whip 50

SNACK: slimfast snack bar 125 /30

DINNER: Peppered Pork Chops (see recipe) 2 servings 334/72
Baked Potato with 2 tbl low fat margarine 320/100
1 cup cooked broccoli 50
health start ice cream bar 80

SNACK: chocolate grahams (14) 130/25

Have a great day ladies!

Amanda Panda
09-24-2003, 02:25 PM
Hi gals,

FAYE - I just looked at that link Wow! She has truly inspired me! Doesn't she look amazing? That will be us sometime soon - we will look that good!

PAM - I think you deserve a WTG!! for your realisation. I know exactly what you mean. When I started this diet I realised that I am not 'terminally fat' - I can lose this weight and I do not have to stay trapped in this fat body which makes me so unhappy. For too long I have seen being slim as some unattainable 'holy grail' that I cannot reach. Then I realised that there is absolutely no reason and no excuse in the world that means I have to stay fat. It may take a little time and some hard work but it is so worth it. I am worth a little hard work and so are you! (and all of us!).

I'd just like to share something that has really helped me so far on my weightloss journey. It's to do with reasons why we want to lose weight. I have written a list of promises to myself. An example is:- 'in a year or so from now I will get married in a size 10 or 12 wedding dress and will enjoy being the centre of attention'. I have found it important to write 'I will' rather than 'I want to' as it makes it more real. I WANT to win the lottery but I have no control over that happening, whereas I WILL get married in a size 10 or 12 dress - I am completely in control of that!. It is a promise list and not a wish list! I enjoy reading it regularly and it fills me with excitement when I think I will achieve my promises to myself!

Anyway -just thought I'd share that with you all, maybe it might help someone.

Yesterday I got 4 points!

Love Amanda xx

gma22
09-24-2003, 02:34 PM
Amanda: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points. I am going to keep what you did in mind for maybe a future Mission Monday or better yet a Target Tues. What a great thing to do!

She looks absolutely incredible doesn't she? I am going to be almost that size by next year when my ds gets married if I have to hack it off! She really inspired me to do my very best!

Faye:dizzy:

mugirl213
09-24-2003, 03:25 PM
Hey girls...2 points for yesterday for me...

happy dance dot
09-24-2003, 03:48 PM
Good day ladies!

I got 2 points for yesterday:D

Faye: Hope the soreness goes away and wow you have lots of menus- way to go:cp: Oh and great website thanks.

gigglez: Hope things get better at your first job or that you can go full time on your secong job. I get fed up at my job too at times, but it pays good and God knows I have to many bills right now so I can't quit the job.

Honeyrose- glad to hear your having a sunny day and hope you enjoyed watching the rest of GMA:)

Julie-good luck with the car inspection. It drives me crazy too when men think just because we're female we have no clue about cars or handy work. How wrong they are huh...I know a few guys I could dance circles around with handy work:lol:

Sandybrat: Awwww the missing cat saddens me a lot:( I just hate thinking of an animal in distress. The way i see it the worst 3 things are a child, elder(very old I mean), or animal in distress because they are pretty much defenseless.

Amanda: I agree with you mini goals and such help us along this journey.

As for me I am pretty happy today...called in sick to work. Just relaxing a bit I needed a break.

Have a wonderful rest of the day!

Sandybrat
09-24-2003, 09:46 PM
Hello again ladies... well whta do u think of this?? I have been eating all day.... munch munch munch... and yet i dont even have 2000 calories for the day... I had a light bulb moment!! Its whta i am eating... more so than the how much!! I had apples and cheese, tea, 2 spoonfulls of peanut butter(i love it that way) half of an acorn squash with a bit of butter and brown sugar baked with it... i mean i am FULL. I only had squash for dinner!
I am truley amazed... i guess i need to see the calorie count to believe it.
Yes Faye, i was so happy to get the cd of my brother. The amazing thing is that his friend made it... and will send anyone who wants one a copy... just because he knew and loved my brother. I wish that my brother knew just how much he was loved while he was here with us. He touched alot of peoples hearts.... I have cousins and aunts and uncles all getting this cd... Which is good... cuz Scott is up there laughing right along with us... I am off to play some cards while i wait for DH to get home so i can feed him...lol Sleep well everyone!! Sweet Dreams

:flow1: Sandy :dance:

pjkdreamer
09-24-2003, 10:05 PM
Evening,

pts for yesterday: 2 pts for program, 1pt for exercise and 1 pt for water.

Faye, I had already seen the pics of Darleen, WOW!!! I saved it under my favorites so I could look at it daily for inspiration. She is truly amazing. I want to send her an email too.

Sandy, what you wrote about your brother is very touching. I know he will always be with you, in your thoughts and in your heart.

Happy Dance Dot, you should be doing the happy dance, you are really doing well, keep up the great work:strong: :cb:

Amanda, I KNOW YOU WILL DO IT, YOU WILL FIT INTO THAT SIZE 10-12 WEDDING DRESS! AND OF COURSE WE ALL WANT TO SEE PICTURES!! YOU WILL BE A MOST BEAUTIFUL BRIDE!:D ;)

Gigglez, Mirabelly, and Honeyrose, you chickies stay :strong: and I will be thinking of all of you!! you girls are just the best!!

gma22
09-25-2003, 03:11 AM
THURSDAY: Time for Us Thursday. Try and remember how important YOU are and take just a litle bit of time for yourself today.

2 pointers for Wednesday are:

MISSY
Dorothy

4 pointer for Wednesday is:

PAM

Girls I am not sure whether I will get time to come back and post today but if I don't please take care of each other while I am gone, be sweet to any newbies as I know you will be and I will post when I get back home either Monday night or Tues morning.

Mirabelly
09-25-2003, 10:07 AM
Ok, Ladies........
Just because Faye is gone, doesn't mean the rest of us can slack off too! We all enjoy coming here and chatting, so lets keep the postings up while she's away :) I volunteered to do the smileys, so you gotta post if you want your "cookie".

I got 4 points for yesterday. So I get a :bravo: I'm trying to take today off from exercise, but that didn't turn out so well last time. We'll see if something unexpected pops up today.

Well, the van didn't pass inspection....again! But at least the ladies at this garage were nice, and they want about half of what the other place wanted to fix the rear shocks (which would make it pass). Plus, they had a WELL stocked play area for my son and a CLEAN bathroom.....they even gave him a donut (after we were ready to leave, of course!). So, I'm pretty pleased with them. It's obvious that they were thinking of their customers comfort. People are so stressed out when they have to wait for a car to be fixed......it was nice to have a comfy place to relax. I wish more women owned garages! Of course, then everything would get fixed right the first time, and half the mechanics in the world wouldn't have jobs! :lol:

Anyway, gotta go grocery shopping....I'll check back later.

Stay :strong: everyone!
Julie

pjkdreamer
09-25-2003, 10:55 AM
Good Morning Chickies,

pts for yesterday: 2 pts for program, 1pt for water, 0 for exercise, will do on Sunday which is my make-up day.

Job interview tomorrow, could turn into management position if I do well enough. So keep your fingers and your toes crossed for me. I am not unhappy where I am, but it would be nice to have a more "normal schedule"...so I will let you know.

Hope you girls have a strong and healthful day....:D

Honeyrose29
09-25-2003, 11:19 AM
Good morning girls

Well I got all 4 pts yday.. but any exercise is out for awhile now. I have a bad knee due to an injury and it looks like someone beat it with a baseball bat today! Started hurting badly last night, couldnt even touch it. I didnt do anything to hurt it.. sometimes it just flares up and boy is it flared! I have to try to get to the post office and to the grocery somehow. Its gonna be an ugly sight.

GMA was great yday morning. I even got to watch almost all of Montel before my baby got up wanting his breakfast. :)

Well, I guess thats all for now. My time for me is going to be a long hot bath tonight. Thats my favorite way to relax. Dim the lights, a few candles and lock the door!! I even put up a note that says
"This is Mom's Time - Do not knock, yell or disturb me in any way unless someone is bleeding profusely or the house is on fire. - Thank you"

I even warn my kids and it goes something like this -

I am alive, I just do not wish to be bothered. Do not talk to me, call me to the phone, stick your fingers or any other object under the door. Do not peek in the keyhole and do not rattle the door knob. Do NOT fight in front of the door. I will be out in an hour but until then, you must take care of yourselves. You will all be just fine.

LOLOL- a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do to get some peace.

:grouphug:

mugirl213
09-25-2003, 11:43 AM
OK everyone...how are you all doing?

Faye - a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! But I guess you'll be back by your actual birthday...it's just a little early.

I did a small taboo today...I stepped on the scale the day before I was to weigh in, but it was OK. I'm pretty happy actually. Looks like I'm at about 146 1/2...lost about half a pound since last week. Not too shabby.

I've just been feeling generally down lately...I've come to the conclusion that I have a real problem with stress and I think it caues me alot of anxiety issuas just wondering if anyone had a good tip for being in a stressful situation. Like I'd like to have some phrase to repeat to myself or...something to that effect. I'd also like to hear some good ideas for general stress relief.

Anyway...yesterday was a 4 pointer for me!

Thanks Julie!

Amanda Panda
09-25-2003, 01:46 PM
I got 4 points yesterday - I am pleased with myself because Nigel was asleep on the couch in the living room where my exercise bike is. So that meant that I couldn't go on it as it would wake him. So did I give up? Noooooooooooo.........I dragged that exercise bike into the bedroom and did my workout there! How's that for dedication??

PAM - I emailed Darlene from that web site - I got a really lovely reply back from her. She seems a really lovely lady and she's still suprised when she gets emails complimenting her.

SANDY B - That CD of your brother sounds really special, I am glad that you can listen to it and remember happier times.

MISSY - Stress! I know how you feel! I find it very hard to deal with. My solution is to pack up and move to rural Ireland where the pace of life is much slower! The only thing that helps me is to lie on my bed listening to relaxing CD's - but that's probably not much help.

DOT - Hope everything goes okay with Andrew - be strong and don't let him think that he can pick up where he left off.

DEBBIE - I like your idea about having your own time - I get lots of 'me' time because I haven't got kids yet, but I feel for you! When I visit my sisters I am amazed by how little 'me time' she gets - she can't even go to the toilet or have a bath on her own! It's important we all get some time to ourselves - we need it and we deserve it!

JULIE - Hope you sort your car out soon - that garage sounds wonderful!

RITU - Missing you! Hope you'll come back soon.

Bye bye

Amanda xx

happy dance dot
09-25-2003, 02:13 PM
Hi girls!

I got 2pts for program and 1 pt for water. I actually count seltzer water as part of my water...is this ok??:^:

Julie-Sorry the van didn't pass the inspection, but that garage does sound great!:D Good job on your pts well earned.

Pam-Good luck on your interview. here's a little good luck magic coming your way:wizard:

Honeyrose-Hope your knee gets better. I love the way you take take to yourself. Hehehe and I also like how you tell the kids not to bother you. You go girl:queen:

Mugirl-congrats on your weight lose. Hmmm about the stress...take a deep breath or you can also step out of the picture for a while. Go for a nice walk in the park find a nice quiet place to sit and just stay there and who knows look at the clouds in the sky...anything as long as you forget just for that moment all the stres in your life. In this way when you go back at least you'll be calmer. Hope it helps.

Amanda-LOL I love the exercise bike idea:lol: and thanks about the Andrew advice. That what I am trying to do even though its hard sometimes. (Its been a week since his last screw up, but I never like to get my hopes up high with him.)

Well girls take care and have a lovely day...oh and don't forget to dedicate some time to yourselves. As for me today I will just go home relax and watch a movie while I eat my dinner. The WW is going good I feel lighter, but I am fighting the temptation of going on that scale before time.

happy dance dot
09-25-2003, 02:15 PM
BTW the dog in the picture is Gizmo- he's my soon-to-be 2yr old chihuahua and weighs about 4lbs. What do you girls think?? lol.

Mirabelly
09-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Wow, I meant to get back to you gals sooner than this! I got caught up framing and hanging about 10 pieces of artwork that I've had in a cupboard for YEARS! I'm finally getting "a round tuit" on alot of things....

So, here goes on points.........please forgive me if I forget you, I'm new at this!

Dorothy--You get a :balloons: for points. Great Job! I think seltzer water counts, but I'm not sure....maybe check it out at Fitday?

Amanda-- :bravo: for points! Way to go for not giving up on the exercise!!!

Missy-- :bravo: for points! But LAY OFF THAT SCALE, GIRLFRIEND! I don't know how to hypnotize :lol: What to do about stressful situations? There are several yoga breathing techniques to deal with different types of stress (like, are you PISSED OFF, or are you tense from overwork, or are you worried...) Type in "breath of fire" and "yoga" into a search engine and you should get some good descriptions. I would have to go look it up in a book, and I'm late cooking dinner....If you can't find it online, let me know and I'll describe it when I have more time.

Honeyrose-- :bravo: to you too! I wish I could get the kids to follow such simple directions as "Leave Me the *** alone!!!" It never works, though. Maybe in a few years. About exercising with the bad knee...have you thought about just lifting some weights while sitting in a kitchen chair? Or doing some seated yoga? Might help you keep your spirits up until you heal. Exercise is for you whole well being, not just weight loss!

Pam-- :balloons: to you for points! and a great big :crossed: for the interview

Ok, I think that's it........I'll see you chickies tomorrow!

Sleep tight..
Julie

friendsforfitness
09-25-2003, 05:28 PM
I can't remember who suggested this thread, but I do distinctly remember being told to visit it. After looking it over it sounds very fun, motivating, and positive and that's exactly what I need.

A lot of the threads on here ask for bio's and since this is #29, and everyone seems to know each other I thought it might be the right thing to do so here goes.

Well, I am 34 years old and have struggled with weight loss for over 15 years. The last time I was skinny (far from healthy, but definitely skinny) was when I was 18. I was a size 5. I had never had a weight loss issue in my life, unless your talking about being pre anarexic for a short period of time. Thankfully a gym coach busted me weighing myself and the school staff stepped in as well as my Mom. The sad part is at 98 pounds I truly believed that I was huge. If I could only be that "FAT" again... :LOL: I was about 15 then.
I am a typical statistic. I got pregnant at 18 and married two weeks after we found out. I gained about 80 pounds during that pregnancy. Then over the years I have tried slimfast,weight watchers, Atkins, the Zone,the cabbage soup diet, the cottage cheese diet, and who knows what else. Only to lose and gain back again plus more each and every time. My marriage to my high school sweetheart did last almost 13 years and then he woke up one day to say he was not in love with me anymore, he felt like his life was passing him by and he wanted to "expierience" other women, he wanted to be single, he didn't want a family. He was 30 when we split, but I say he went through his mid life crisis early since he was forced to grow up early. He went out bought a sports car and started wearing gold chains, met a hot little chica, got married and bought a house and they now have a beautiful newborn???? Don't know about you, but it sounds married and un-single to me. :LOL:
Went off a bit there for a sec, sorry, I am now happily married to a wonderful man who is very supportive of me and who loves me for me. I am also a natural mother of one daughter who is 15 and step-Mom to two boys who are 10 and 13. As I said before this is my very first time trying to lose weight for real and for good. I know it's different this time for me, because I'm in no rush. I know it will take a long time to get where I need to be and I'm ok with that. I am a very open to any constructive critisism, suggestions and knowledge anyone has to offer. I need all the help I can get. Currently I am journaling all consumption and documenting calories and most carbs. I am trying to stay away from the really taboo carbs like white bread,pasta, and rice. I am on a 1900 calorie diet right now and as I lose I will cut back in 100 calorie increments. I am drinking 64 ounces of water a day and exercising 2-3 times a week. That's something I need to improve upon for sure. I can only handle 25 minutes of brisk walking right now. I suffer from depression, bursitis in my left hip, a bad left knee from a past injury, and a sciatic nerve that flares up frequently. These are all obstacles that I have to overcome I know. I'm hoping the walking will strengthen my knee and eventually it will no longer hurt. I don't think there's too much I can do about the other things though. If you know otherwise please let me know.
I work as a site manager at a Mini storage facility here in the sunshine state and I'm working on going into business for myself as well, but I can't talk about that on here, because I don't want anyone to think of it as advertising. I love this site too much to risk losing my membership here.
I like swimming,walking,spending time with family and friends,being a Mom and taking care of my family,reading,writing,scrapbooking,watching movies and the beach.
My favorites are:

Music-Dave Matthews Band, Tori Amos, Phil Collins, Bare Naked Ladies,Sister Hazel,Tom Petty,Meatloaf, and a ton of others.

Movies- The game, bed of roses, untamed heart, Identity,Cape fear, and a ton of others.

Color-PURPLE

Oh I don't know what else, I think that's good enough for now. I really look forward to getting to know everyone.

Take Care & Keep Smilin'
Lisa

Amanda Panda
09-25-2003, 05:43 PM
Hey Lisa!

I think it was me who invited you to join this thread! It's so great to have you here.

This group is full of lovely ladies who are fun, friendly and supportive. It has helped me no end being part of this group - and I'm sure you'll feel the same.

Our group leader Faye is on holiday for a few days so we are muddling through on our own. I'm sure the others won't take offence if I say that Faye is the backbone of this group - she has lost 90lb and is always positive and supportive. She has got a copy of all of our profiles so she will post them when she returns.

Most of us post daily and it doesn't take long to get to know eachother.

I'm really glad that you decided to give us a go and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Love Amanda xxx

PS: Faye/Julie - do I get an extra point for bringing a newbie into our fold?:lol: :lol:

friendsforfitness
09-25-2003, 05:49 PM
:lol: Yeah... It was you! Now I remember on my helpful hints to stay on track thread.

Thanks a bunch for inviting me and for such a warm welcome,

Lisa

Sandybrat
09-25-2003, 07:14 PM
Hello You Lovely Lovely Ladies!!!! I cant believe that this is the first time here today... but i have been busy!! LOL laundry, getting out the cold weather blankets... making a messages station in the kitchen... that and hubby didnt go to work til 1pm today.,.. so we had the morning to just be...
I got all my points yesterday!
Julie that garage sounds wonderful and what a fabulous idea... u know i wanted to be a mechanic.. but my dad talked me out of it... well i can always go back to school cant i...lol
Pam... i am keeping my fingers and everything else crossed for u so u get that job!! Good Luck!
Debbie... U R MY HERO!!! what fabulous idea with the kidlets... mine would never follow those orders... well the older 2 would.. but not the 4 year old...
MugJulie...lol Stop the scale stuff!!!! LOL
Amanda... thank you for the kind words and u deserve a WTG for the exercise bike thing... u go girl!!!!
Missy... try the yoga breathing... u could also try a yoga tape... i love my AM Yoga with rodney yee... its refreshing and relaxing... gets u ready for the day!
Dot... just remember to be strong with Andrew... and U r in charge of your happiness... u will be just fine I think Gizmo is adorable!!
Welcome welcome welcome Lisa!! Its nice to meet u. I think u will just love it here! The support, the friendship the laughter and even the tears... this is a FABULOUS group of women!!

If i missed anyone i apologize greatly... u all have wonderful evenings and i will try to get back on here later... I love you all!!

Sandy
:dance: :flow1:

KristasMom
09-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Debby --

I have had terrible troubles with my knees swelling up like basketballs, but a doctor actually gave me something that works:

Take a zip-lock bag and put ice cubes in it. wrap in a towel, lie down, put a pillow under your knee, and wrap the ice package around your knee.

Keep it that way for at least a few hours -- get your husband or kids to refill for you!
I actually have a cuff attached to a water cooler, that I can fill with ice cold water, drain when it warms up and refill.

I developed bursitis just before we went to Disneyworld, and icing the knee actually allowed me to have a good time.

Sometimes, now, when I exercise and can feel my knee (bet ya know what I mean), I ice it before it swells up.

After all, losing weight is the best thing we can do for our knees!

happy dance dot
09-25-2003, 10:24 PM
Hi girls...pretty busy but just wanted to drop in and say hi:wave:

I probably won't get to log in til later on in the evening Friday so until then take care...oh yea and 2 more things

1-I got 3 pts again:D
2-Welcome welcome Lisa...I hope you enjoy it here. Oh and I am doing the one week at a time challage think I've seen you there...keep the good work up!;)

Mirabelly
09-26-2003, 08:53 AM
Good Morning Lovelies! :wave:

IT'S FABULOUS POUNDS DOWN FRIDAY......SO LET'S HEAR THE GOOD NEWS!!!!

Well, I had a cold wet bike ride this morning...but I came so close to just going back to bed, that I am very proud of myself now! I kept thinking "Oh crap, I gotta post everyone's smilies....and I promised myself I wouldn't log on until I exercise...so, I better haul my butt outta bed now!"

I didn't weigh in this week cuz it's TOM for me, and I always gain about 5 pounds.....so I'd rather not get depressed! I'll weigh next Friday and should get a nice 2 week loss.

Sooooo..........
BIG WELCOME TO LISA :wave: I'm Julie and I'm kinda filling in the best I can for our fearless leader Faye. She's in Chicago partying her butt off (at least I hope she is :) She deserves it for sure! When she gets back, she'll post all of our little bios. But it doesn't take long to get to know everyone. I live in the middle of Maine, am a stay-at-home mom of 3 (ages 9,8 and 4) and am currently trying to lose about 80 pounds....I'm 15 down so far (since August). Many of us are on weight watchers, but I think most are just counting calories the old fashioned way. You have a great head start if you're already journaling all your food!

So, Points this morning go to.......

ME! I get ALL the points! No, just kidding......I'm in an odd mood :lol:

I get a :balloons: for 3 points yesterday. I "made it" through the day with no exercise. Phew, that was a close one! :lol:

SandyB gets a :bravo: for Wednesday! Way to go BABE!

Dorothy gets a :balloons: for 3 points. Awesome job! It gets easier to get all 4 points after a while....you just keep aiming at the target, chickie......we're proud of you!

AMANDA--No, you don't get extra points for recruiting....but you do get a :cp: We love newbies!

Well, that's it for now....Gotta go get some sewing done!

Julie

Sandybrat
09-26-2003, 09:28 AM
HELLO LOVELIES!!! I get all 4 for yesterday as well!! Julie congrats on the exercise b4 logging on... When i am finished here i am going to do my yoga. I have to grocery shop today and get ready for the weekend. Floors need to be scrubbed... all that fun stuff!! ;) I will also try to budget in some new work out wear Julie...lol Just have to figure out whqt i have to spend and when i can spend it...lol but u will here from me!!
I hope everyone has a FABULICIOUS Day... i will check back later this afternoon.... Take care of U

I love you all....
Sandy :dance: :flow1:

friendsforfitness
09-26-2003, 10:18 AM
I am so excited! I lost 3.6 pounds this week! Yesterday I stayed O/P and drank all my water. I did not exercise because I did the previous two days and my knee was yelling at me.:drill: Wasn't there one other thing too? Hold up a sec... I'm going to check...Nope I think thats it. Got a question though. As far as O/P does that mean just eating within your calorie allotment and/or points? If yeah, then I'm good. I just wanted to check.

Happy Friday to all!
Lisa

Mirabelly
09-26-2003, 10:39 AM
Just checking back in!

SandyB--:bravo: for your points! You are doing GREAT!

Lisa gets a :balloons: for her 3 points yesterday! WAY TO GO!! The O/P just stands for "on program". We all use different programs to control our eating. So whichever system you use, even if it's "no" system....you get those points when you keep your eating within your prescribed boundaries.

Later all.
Julie

pjkdreamer
09-26-2003, 10:48 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

pts for yesterday: 2 pts for program, 1 pt for water and 1 pt for exercise. FEELING FABULOUS!!! AND :strong:

Welcome Lisa, I live in North Alabama, just north of Bham and South of Nashville (abt 1 1/2 hrs each way). I started this weight loss journey on 6/5/03 weighing in at 356, and now I am at 318!! I try and get in 6 days a wk of some kind of physical activity. I do the WALK AWAY THE POUNDS VIDEO, I am up to 2miles, and sometimes I also walke at the area fitness park, usually about 1/2 mile. I am so proud of myself, and the discipline is spilling over into other areas of my life. I am becoming a person I respect.
And that feels so good!! Stick around, we are happy to have you with us.

Julie, thanks for filling in for Faye, you are doing a great job! and we appreciate it!

All the rest of you girlies, stay strong and have a healthful day!
:D

friendsforfitness
09-26-2003, 10:55 AM
Hiya Dreamer!
Wow You're a real inspiration! Thanks! I have a question, I don't get the walk away the pounds VIDEOTAPES???? Does that mean you have a treadmill? If not, Then how do you watch it while you walk??? I know I'm a little dense sometimes.:lol:

Thanks for the warm welcome,
Lisa

Honeyrose29
09-26-2003, 11:09 AM
Sigh..

Well I got 1 pt yesterday for my water and thats it.

Last night I ate half a tub of chocolate frosting and half a bag of potato chips. I was sooooooooo hungry and wanted it so badly. Normally I have decent self control, but last night was bad.

Well.. today is a new day! I didnt get on the scale today, probably wont since my binge last night.

Hope everyone is doing well. Must get to the post office!

hugs!

Amanda Panda
09-26-2003, 11:47 AM
Hi Friends!:wave:

I got 3 points yesterday - rest day from exercise.

I'm having a bad day today, I think I'm coming down with a bug. I've been fighting it off all week, but today I just feel so tired - even though I had a really good sleep. I was planning to go to the gym today but I just haven't got the energy. Oh well!

Congratulations Lisa on your loss - that is fantastic!:cb: :cb: :cb: Keep it up!

Julie - thanks for doing a great job of being our :drill: !!

I might pop in later - I'll see how I feel!

Amanda xx

Mirabelly
09-26-2003, 11:48 AM
PAM-- a great big :bravo: to you! Sounds like you're out of your funk!!! That didn't last long--must've been hormonal :lol:

Honeyrose--MMMMmmmmmm, boy do I miss eating frosting out of the can!! And raw cookie dough!! Ok, it's disgusting, I know....but the time was when I just couldn't resist the stuff (which is obvious when you look at me now!) You get a :flow2: for your water.....hey, 1 point is better than none! You probably needed alot of water after the chocolate icing, huh? I know I do :) Just get back up on the horse today and I know you'll do better for tomorrow's smilies.

Later all,
Julie

happy dance dot
09-26-2003, 02:46 PM
Hi gals!

Honeyrose-just get back on track and I'm sure you'll be ok.

Pam-glad to hear your feeling better.

Julie- I also wanted to thank you for filling in for Faye-ur doing great!

Lisa-congrats on your weight lose...keep it up girl.

Amanda-hope you feel better.

Sorry if I left anyone out....TGIF!...have a wonderful evening.

Mirabelly
09-26-2003, 03:11 PM
Amanda--didn't mean to skip you....I think we posted at the same time! You get a :balloons: for your 3 points......GREAT JOB!

Well, I'm off until tomorrow, probably! Everyone have a great weekend.

Julie

pjkdreamer
09-26-2003, 11:03 PM
Good Evening Girls,

Lisa, Walk Away The Pounds is a series of walking videos by fitness instructor Leslie Sansone. The one I have is a 3 tape series called WATP for the abs. there is a one mile tape, a 2 mile tape and a 3 mile tape, and a resistance belt. I am at the 2 mile tape, which takes me about 32 mins to do. When i first started I had to stop several times, but now I do it all the way through. The first one is low impact, and then I just worked at my own pace and built up my stamina, now I sail right on through. I purchased it at Walmart--$27.00 for the set. Check them out. She has a website of course, and she also offers several other videos, I believe she even has a new one.

Well girls, I really need to get to bed, have to be back at work @ 6:30am ughhhhhhhhhh!:(

Catch up with all the rest of you Chicklets tomorrow.

nighty night:faint:

friendsforfitness
09-27-2003, 09:08 AM
Hi everyone,

I staeyd O/P yesterday and I drank my water, but I di not exercise.

Dreamer, I must be slow, I don't understand how you can watch a video while you are walking. Do you have a treadmill? Sorry for bugging you, but I really want to understand this concept. I checked out the website and they don't explain it either. I'm so confused.:?:

Good Luck to all and may you get all your points!

Lisa

:df:

Mirabelly
09-27-2003, 09:51 AM
Good morning Chickies!

It's Sunny Thoughts Saturday! Here's my sunny thought--Every day you log those points is one day closer to your goal!! Maybe even one extra day you'll get to be on this earth due to your fabulous health! Think what one extra day could mean.......maybe seeing your grandchild come into the world, watch your son get married, hear your best friend sing an opera.......so much could happen on that one extra day!

Lisa--you get a :balloons: for your points! Keep it up!!

I've never seen the walk away the pounds tapes, but I always pictured it as just walking in place in front of the tv at various speeds and with different arm moves and stuff.....kinda like the aerobics videos of the 80's.

I got a :balloons: for my 3 points yesterday...........didn't get enough water yesterday. And I'm paying for it today--headache city!!

Everyone stay :strong: this weekend! Just remember, one extra day could mean so much!

Julie

happy dance dot
09-27-2003, 01:05 PM
Whoooooo hoooooo!!! I finally got 4pts yesterday. Hehehee Sorry but I am doing the happy dance this time. lol.

Congrats on everyone's lose and I'll probably check in later I have to go grocery shopping and take Gizmo out for some sun.

Sunny thought for today: I am almost done with my first week on WW and haven't cheated once, kept all my flex points, and finally got my lazy butt to exercise...I'll do some more today.

Take care chickadees!

Amanda Panda
09-27-2003, 02:59 PM
Hey Girlies!

First things first - I got one point yesterday for water. I'm feeling a bit better today and got myself to the gym.

Well I've made a really important decision - I am stopping the dreaded weekly weigh-in! I weighed myself today and for no reason at all my weight had gone up!!

So I've had it with the :devil: :censored: :bomb: :headache: :hot: scale - I am sick of my mood being dictated by a number on a dial! From now on I will weigh myself once a month.

I actually feel a sense of freedom now I have made the decision - I have tended to live from week to week and placed too high an emphasis on the Saturday weigh in.

I know I am doing all the right things and if I carry on I will become slimmer, fitter and healthier. I need to do this to enjoy all the benefits I get from living a healthy lifestyle - not just what number I am at each week.

Faye will be so proud!

Love Amanda xx

Sandybrat
09-27-2003, 04:23 PM
Hi Ladies! Well i got a 4 again yesterday... but its a good thing i exercised in the morning... i got sick last night and am still fighting whatever it is thats 'bugging' me.. YUCK! i am just soooooo tired... i went to bed at 9 last night and am ready for a nap. I realized why i am not losing... my calories are too high. DUH!!!
I lowered them to 1800 today... so we'll see how it goes... if it goes alright then i will lower them again. i need to ease into this or i will get fed up and quit.... Hope all is well with all of u...
Take care of u

Sandy:flow1:

friendsforfitness
09-27-2003, 04:36 PM
My sunny thought for today is that I don't have to work.

Lisa

ps glad you're feeling better sandybrat

pjkdreamer
09-27-2003, 10:36 PM
EVENING!!

LONG DAY CHICKIES, WILL CATCH UP IN AM!
PTS FOR YESTERDAY: ALL 4

LISA-SENT YOU A PRIVATE MSG ABT WALK AWAY THE POUNDS VIDEO AND MY ROUTINE...

LATER GIRLIES:D

friendsforfitness
09-27-2003, 11:44 PM
Got it and thank ya! I don't get O/P points I went over a little in calories but not too much. I did consume all required water and unbelievably, I walked 1 mile! I haven't felt well at all today so it took everything I had to go out there and walk, but I'm glad I did.

Take Care,
Lisa

Mirabelly
09-28-2003, 08:02 AM
Good Morning Girlies!

Sorry I wasn't here more yesterday....I've been trying to get rid of a migraine all weekend. Blehhhh......

Anyway, I got :flow2: for one point yesterday. Ate too much and didn't exercise.

Amanda, you get a :flow2: as well. It's a good idea NOT to get so attached to the scale. Once a month is fine for weighing. Especially if you're not trying to "tweak" your program

Lisa gets a :sunny: for her 2 points. Get back up on that food horse, you can get 4 points!

And a big :bravo: to Dorothy
And a big :bravo: to SandyB
And a big :bravo: to Pam

WAY TO GO LADIES!!! It's harder on the weekends, I know!

Well, Today is silly poll Sunday.......So, rather than a silly poll, I'm gonna ask a semi-serious question. I have to have music playing when I work out. It relieves the boredom. My favorite blood pumping music is Madonna's "Immaculate Collection", Bon Jovi's "New Jersey" and Meat Loaf's "Bat outta ****". I have lots of other favorites, but I'm wondering what you like to listen to....Maybe we'll all find a new favorite!

So let hear it.........what's your favorite workout music?

Julie

Sandybrat
09-28-2003, 03:00 PM
BON JOVI!! ALL THE WAY!!! that and i like Etta James for when i am just stretching or doing my yoga. I am still feeling like crap today... didnt get my exercise in yesterday... doubt that i will today either... but thats ok... i just want to feel better! Hope you all have a wonderful day! Love you all.. take care of U

Sandy:flow1:

happy dance dot
09-28-2003, 03:41 PM
Hi ladies,

Hmmm...well when i do listen to music while I exercise I do a little bit of Spanish Rock...I especially like Shakira's (in spanish preferrably) upbeat songs and Dance Music. If I am just stretching I like Enya among others.

Today was weigh in for me...drumrrrrroll pls....3lbs less. :D :dance:
Oh and once again I got 4pts for yesterday.

Have a good Sunday girls...as for me today I will relax and take it easy today...pretty gloomy weather out today.

happy dance dot
09-28-2003, 03:43 PM
ooops forgot to change my stats lol.

Mirabelly
09-28-2003, 04:56 PM
A great big :bravo: to Dorothy! And CONGRATS on the 3 pounds :cb: :cp: :cp: :dancer: :dance: :cloud9: :balloons: :sunny: :sunny: Ok, we like smilies a little around here......they make you feel good, and they have no calories!

It's raining and gloomy here in Maine, which just goes great with my headache! I think I've done nothing but sleep and eat all day. I keep grabbing handfulls of frozen grapes cuz they cool me off......think I have a fever. Noooooo energy. I think I'm gonna go do some light stretching.

Later gaters,
Julie

Amanda Panda
09-28-2003, 06:25 PM
I got all 4 points yesterday - had a really good workout at the gym.

I took my measurements today, and guess what?......I've lost 10 inches in a month! I am really pleased and it goes to show that even if the scales aren't moving much it doesn't mean you aren't getting smaller. I've lost 2 inches off my waist, 2 inches off my hips, 1 inch off my bust and other 1/2 or 1 inch losses off various parts of my body. It's spread really evenly over my whole body which is good. Going to the gym regularly is definately paying off!

Well done Dot on your fantastic weight loss - that's really great!

Hi to everyone else!

Amanda xx

friendsforfitness
09-28-2003, 08:27 PM
Really quick, I got all 4 points, YAY for Amanda,Yay for happy Dance, and Mira I hope you feel better soon, BBL,
Lisa

happy dance dot
09-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Thanks Julie and hope you feel better...btw frozen grapes are one of my favorite snacks...they're yummmy. In a while crocodile lol.

Amanda- congrats on the inches.

Lisa congrats on your points.

See you all tomorrow...take care.

Mirabelly
09-29-2003, 07:50 AM
Morning Ladies!
It's still gloomy here, but I think I kicked the headache. So now I''m just sleepy. I gotta get some exercise! Have dance class tonight, but I don't think I can wait that long.

A big :bravo: to Amanda----and WOO HOOOOOO on the 10 inches! That's fantastic! :cp: :cp: :dancer:

Another :bravo: for Lisa! You gals are doing great!

I get a :flow2: for water yesterday. I don't think I overate, but it's hard to tell cuz I wasn't keeping track. So, I'm not counting it. Back on track today!

I'll check back in Later..........wonder what Faye's up to right now :wink: :lol:

Bye,
Julie

Sandybrat
09-29-2003, 09:14 AM
Good Morning Lovelies!! Well, i get points for h2o and eating yesterday... i didnt get in any exercises tho... still not up to par. Altho i feel better today!! So... after i get my self together, i will do my yoga tape and clean the house... then possibly do my pilates tape after DS gets off to school. Laundry is already going and i am on a roll...lol!! I really love Mondays... Its my favorite day of the week... A brand new begining each and every week...lol Ok so i am a bit off...! Since i lowered my calories it hjasnt really beeen hard at all to stay within my range... my min is 1500 and my max is 1800... and since i have done it i have stayed in the range rather easily... i must say i am surprised but very very happy. I will keep up with this and i will lose the weight... and the inches... lol
I hope all is well with everyone and remember to take care of U!
FAYE: CUBS WIN!! CUBS WIN!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!

I love you all....

Sandy :dance: :flow1:

pjkdreamer
09-29-2003, 10:02 AM
Good Monday Morning Chickies,

pts for Saturday: not sure I posted them...3 pts, 2 pts for exercise and 1pt for water...pts for Sunday: 2 pts for program, 1 pt for water and 1 pt for exercise.

Amanda Panda: WOWZERS 10 INCHES!!!! THAT IS FABULOUS!!!! YOU GO GIRL

Dorothy, congrats on the 3 lb loss, you are doing so gooooooooood! :D

I am off today and tomorrow, and man am I ready, hope to hear something about the new job, hopefully today. I will let you know......later chicklets:wave:

sw 356 June 6, 2003
cw 318/weigh in tomorrow
loss of 38 lbs
next goal: lose 50 lbs by 10/31
next goal: lose 75 lbs by 2/04
next goal: lose 100lbs by 6/04
final goal: 130ish

Sandybrat
09-29-2003, 10:06 AM
Dot! WTG on the weight loss!! U GO GIRL!! I have a loss to post as well... i lost 2 pounds!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!! :dance: I am soooo happy to have finally lost!
Amanda! AWESOME INCH LOSS!! U GO GIRL TOO!!! LOL

Stay strong everyone... and remember to take care of U!

Sandy:dance: :flow1:

Mirabelly
09-29-2003, 10:54 AM
SandyB-- you get :balloons: for your points and :cp: :cp: :cp: for your 2 pounds!!! Woo hoo. Keep at it girl!

Pam-- :balloons: for Saturday and a big :bravo: for Sunday! Keep plugging away, you're doing great!

Julie

happy dance dot
09-29-2003, 11:29 AM
Good morning!

Points for yesterday were 3pts, none for exercise. Well take care gotta run but I'll check back later.

Amanda Panda
09-29-2003, 03:32 PM
Hey Ladies!

I got 3 points yesterday - had a rest day from exercise.

Hope everyone is doing well.

PAM - Hope you get the job - how did the interview go?

DOT - Was it this weekend that Andrew visited? If so, how did it go?

SANDY B - Congratulations on your weight loss - that's fantastic!:cb: :cb: :cb:

JULIE - Glad to hear you are feeling better.

LISA - you are doing great, keep it up!

Keep it up everyone - we are doing great!

Love Amanda xxx

happy dance dot
09-29-2003, 04:14 PM
Good for you Amanda.
Yes Andrew visited last Tues. and once again he didn't drink...actually he still hasn't and its a bit scary because I never know when he will. So I kinda stop myself from getting my hopes up high. See he is a great guy, except for the drinking and all. But anyway, I am trying to be strong and stern. I am not giving in to him and I think he is understanding I am not playing games anymore and that I want to see results and not just hear about them. He is coming back today...let's see how he does.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Where's Faye???When she coming back? I miss her.

gma22
09-29-2003, 07:46 PM
WOOHOO, guess who is home? We had such a fantabulous time and TAATAADAHDAH.................CUBS WON THE DIVISION AND ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS! WHAT A BIRTHDAY PRESENT!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :cp: :cp: :cp:

I would like to give a big KISS AND HUG to Julie for keeping everything going. You are an angel sweety and I know I appreciate it so much as well as every lady.

Lisa: It is great to have you here. Welcome welcome. If you haven't already, check out the first post of the thread and it tells you all our challenges and info. Ask any questions and you can always pm me anytime.

Kristasmom: I don't know if you posted your name, but I see that you posted while I was gone and BIG welcome to you too!

For our newbies, here is our personal info:

Hi, my name is Faye, I am now officially 50, have been married 31 years to a wonderful and totally supportive man, have two grown children, Jack, who is 30 and getting married next fall, and Kelly, who is 26, married and has given me an adorable grandson, Thomas who is 3. I have a Yorkie named Fortune and a cat named Butterscotch. I am not working right now, but have been looking. I exercise at least an hour 7 days a week and my stats are at the bottom of my posts. I have a website: www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/ Please visit it and let me know what you think!

SN: Honeyrose29
I am a 32 yr old married mom of 5 kids ranging in age from 13.5 to 3. Four boys and a girl. My all-time heaviest weight was 232 and my goal is 130-135. I only have about 10-15 lbs left until I reach my goal but I am really struggling with them. I live in Ohio with my family and a house full of parrots . I do private rescue for unwanted birds and I enjoy and spend a great deal of time quilting which is an art passed to me from my grandmother and I think of her with every stitch . Thats my story!

Julie

35 year old, stay-at-home mom of 3 (9,8,and 4). I live in Maine with my husband and the kids. My highest weight ever was 265 (I was pregnant at the time). I started at 3FC at 241, am currently around 238, and my goal is to be in the low 160s. I am working toward a smaller goal of being under 200 pounds by the end of the year.

Carri ( Satine ) - Hi! I am a 29 year old female, married to my high school sweetheart for 9 1/2 years, no kids but one adorable little westie dog named Les. Have lived in Indiana all of my life. Started to gain my weight right after I was married, I got comfortable and lazy...anyhow have been doing a great job lately, focused and need to lose about 90 pounds for goal. Great to meet you!!!

Hi my name is Amanda. I am 30 years old and live in Sheffield, which is in the north of England, although I am hoping to move to Ireland soon. I have a long term partner, Nigel and a cat called Marley.I am a qualified social worker,currently unemployed. I am a Christian and a vegetarian. My hobbies are reading, especially thrillers, watching comedy on T.V and making cards. I also enjoy going to the gym, although I feel it is too early to call that a hobby!

I have just over 100lbs to lose, but seeing all the successes on these forums is a great inspiration and I know I will do it - and you can too!

Hope you can join us

I'm 37 and I have to kids 15 and 5. I've been married 19 years. I am about to start a janitorial business. I did that before and let it go, now the kids are bigger I'm going at it again. I weigh 170 and have weighed that since the first one was born. I would like to weigh 135 which is what I weighed before she was born. I live in Northa Carolina. I wonder are we close? I don't care if you post any of this. Thanks for everything--Debra Lee

43 years old-lived in the South all my life...and love it! I live with my partner Jane of 8 years. We have a booth at local antique mall, and we enjoy going on treasure hunts to find more....I enjoy reading, mostly books by Southern authors, but will read most anything except Science Fiction, or Harlequin Romances...I enjoy writing, cross-stitching, and other crafts. I love to cook....and now I love to exercise!!! (well I don't really love it....but I feel so much better, so I do it whether I want to or not, and it makes me feel great!) I am ever so thankful that I am able to do it now. I spend a lot of time with my mother, sister and my 2 beautiful neices, Nikki and Angie (21 and 19), they are the joys in my life. I currently work as a Switchboard Operator at an answering service where I have been for the last 2 1/2 yrs. Next fall I plan on returning to college (have to exercise this old mind too!) to obtain my Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology...I graduated from Athens State University....waaaaaaay back in 1985!! Well, ladies that's me in a nutshell!! I am loving life these days, and so very grateful to have found this forum and all of you wonderful gals!! Couldn't do this without you. Together we are a united force! Pam

single mommy of one lovey soon to be 7 yr old son going on 30. Lost over 40 lbs back in 2001 weight came back in 2002 when i discovered that I had endo. the pain meds and the lupron helped with that matter. restarted my weight loss on 2/6/3 date of hyst. sw 213 cw 177 goal 150. i am realistic in my goal i know with a large bone structure i will look awful if i go lower. i do ww bbut since june when i found out that richard was leaving i have just been aiming ot eat right, i am now able to get it back on tract and the workouts are in the process of getting to where they need to be but it is hard working 2 jobs and being a mommy to get it all in. Sandy/Gigglez

Hello,my name is Joy Lee,and I currently live in Sylvester,Georgia. I am 46 years young and I weigh 258 lbs at this time..I have been working out and watching what eat ,keeping it low fat and healthy as possible..I started out at 329 lbs,which was my highest weight ever...I have lost down to where I am now in about 8 months..mainly by the exercise and healthy eating..I do a lot of walking and strength training ,sometimes adding an exercise video..I am very active,as I have 5 children ,ages 27 to 7 years old,and a 2 year old grandchild{ girl}...I have 2 boys and 3 girls,2 of which are still at home...we do a lot of family activities,sports,family hikes and theme parks,so I really stay on the go and stay very busy. I have a goal weight of 180,which I hope to be there by summer of 2004 . I am looking for all the support I can get,and be able to give all that I can.

Hi! My name is Ritu and I'm from India. I have 2 children, a son 19 and a daughter 17. Both my kids are in college. Till recently I was a stay at home mom so I'm finding the 'empty nest' a bit difficult to handle. Fortunately, I started a small business of my own a couple of years ago, so that keeps me busy. I'm also very lucky in that I have amazing friends and family. I have been a yo-yo dieter for the past 18 years -I only put on weight after my pregnancy before which I weighed 110 lbs. I started dieting 18 yrs. ago at 150 lbs., and since have been up and down zillion times. I now weigh 176 lbs, my highest ever. I lost 32 lbs. last year and have gained them all back plus 5 more this year. But this time I know I will succeed.

My name is Sandy, and i am 40 years old. I have been married to my best friend for going on 11 years. We have 3 beautiful kidlets... a 10 year old daughter and 2 sons 7 and 4. I like to read and play on this machine... but my passion these days is painting and redocorating... i think i have painted almost every piece of furniture in my home...lol I only have a couple more to do... and i have to redo my kitchen table as my daughter and her friend decided to "do" their nails on it... so there are a few bald spots...Oh well... I am determinded to loose this weight and come out of my shell. I wish everyone the same ...

Screen name: mugirl213
I am 25 and currently residing with my parents in Reading, PA (like the railroad from Monopoly). I work in advertising for Boscov's, which is the largest family-owned department store in the US. I am not married, nor do I have any children, but I am coming off of some recent drama dealing with 2 boyfriends. Long story, but I'm on the straight and narrow now. I belong to a gym which I have been attending 6 days of the week (Saturday's off) and I count calories and try to stay under 1300 daily. I have 2 parents, 1 dog, some fish, a sister, a brother-in-law, 2 nephews, 2 grandparents and a partridge in a pear tree.

I got home and we dragged everything in and I am pooped so I told Jack we would put everything away tomorrow. I came up and read my e-mail and GUESS WHAT? My "fat" poem won an award and will be placed in a poetry book along with my biograghy and another poem I am supposed to submit to them for a $ award contest so I have to get the thinking cap on and create again. I am so shocked.

As for my trip, it was spectacular. Got into Chicago around 1 AM and slept until around 9. Went looking for Wrigley Field, found it and Harry Caray's, then we went to the museum, I got to feeling bad (TOM decided to rise up) so we decided to go out to their big mall, got lost in downtown Chicago at lunchtime (UGH WHAT A MESS) and 3 hours later instead of lunch, we ate ate dinner at the CHEESECAKE FACTORY (need I say more) and came back to the hotel in a driving rain storm. Saturday, we skipped the ZOO because it was really cold and wet, drove over to Indiana instead to see our son and give him the extra CUBS ticket we had (they were scalping them for $500 each and we paid $20) and he was going to try and sell it, spent the rest of the afternoon and evening with my oldest sister and her husband and went to the big Amish restaurant called Das Essenhaus and drove back to Chicago getting back to the hotel about 10. My sister bought me a baseball mit and glove picture frame for a pic of Thomas, a book I have already read (didn't tell her that though) and a beautiful fall candle in a stand. Sunday was "I TURN 50" day and GIRLIES it was so cold it would have frozen your boobies right off! Because the CUBS played a doubleheader on Sat and won the division title, Sunday's game didn't count for anything, but the WGN announcer and former CUBS player, Ron Santo was having his number retired. The game was at 1:20 and the ceremony at 12:30 but I was sitting on the bed naked having taken my shower at 9:30 am and saw on WGN's news that there were 3000 people at the stadium so we rushed around and left. The wind blew ferociously and it was about 50 so it was so cold. I had taken a blanket, our son, his fiance, her friend and the friend's boyfriend and mother (who got the extra ticket, which was fine with us) all got there around 12:30 and we just had a great time. Jay bought his dad a CUBS hat, I bought Thomas this big soft stuffed baseball that said Chicago CUbs on it and a bat (his mom will kill me!) and the first 10,000 ladies got this cute little ceramic bear wearing a CUBS uniform and Ryne Sanburgs # on it. Also, my son, unknown to me had submitted a guest card and they announced my birthday on WGN radio AND TV on Sunday which was really special. We left early since the game didn't count and went back to the hotel and changed into dressier clothes. GIRLS I BOUGHT A PAIR OF 2 INCH HIGH DRESS MULES (SHOES) AND LOOKED HOT HOT HOT! I haven't worn heels in a longggggg time. Dinner at Harry Caray's was fabulous, the food was exquisite though really expensive, our son paid for our dinner, but we bought a bottle of champagne and toasted their engagement (my future dil's friends came too). The two of them bought me the most beautiful jewelry box, an assortment of Bath and Body products in my favorite scent, Cotton Blossom, a PAIR OF YELLOW DIAMOND earrings, and this pewter "prayer box" necklace. It is this tiny tiny box that you can open like a locket and you insert a prayer into it that you want answered. Other than my period starting and having a mess driving home today, it was just an amazing weekend.

Julie, if you don't mind finishing up today, I will take over tomorrow morning. Jack went to pick us up some dinner, so I need to go downstairs.

LOVE AND MISSED YOU GALS BUNCHES AND BUNCHES,

friendsforfitness
09-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Nice to meet you Faye! Sounds like you had a fabulous bithday! Happy b-lated birthday to you! :hb:
Today I stayed O/P even though I was taken out to lunch by my boss. I just ordered a cajun chicken salad with fat free lite vinegrette dressing. I passed on the soup since it was broccoli cheese. I fear the unknown calorie count on that. I also drank my water and I exercised as well!
Gotta get up early so I need to run. Good night.
Lisa

PS. Thanks for all the info Faye.

happy dance dot
09-29-2003, 10:00 PM
Whooooooohooooooooo Faye!:dizzy: Welcome back...happy belated b-day:hb: :cb: :cp: :gift: :hat: :dancer: :balloons: :encore: sounds like you had a blast. Good for you and sorry if I got carried away with the smileys there :lol: :dizzy: .

I got all my points for today...4pts. I am trying to exercise 6 days out 7.

Tonight after dinner I got a bit worried because i thought I went over my points or something because i felt really full so I doulbe checked everything again, but I guess my stomach is just getting used to less food. Guess that's a good thing.:D Sorry gals about the run on sentence..hehehe:dizzy:

You all have a lovely night. Sweet dreams:cloud9:

happy dance dot
09-29-2003, 10:01 PM
oh and Lisa...congrats on staying o/p and passing on the soup...good for you.

gma22
09-30-2003, 07:09 AM
DO NOT POST HERE! COME VISIT AND SIT A SPELL AT #30