Weight Loss Support - 21-DAY CHALLENGE #5 -- Please join us!!

redballoon
09-23-2003, 11:09 PM
Hello Dear Readers. This is the FIFTH chapter in the continuing saga of . . . the 21-Day Challenge.

Please jump aboard and count with us. You pick something you want to do every day for the next 21 days. It can be anything related to your goals of weight loss, better health, better eating habits, anything really. You do it each day and report back here as you count along. If you slip up you have to start counting all over again. It's all up to you what you consider a slipup and if it constitutes starting over.

The numbers help keep you on track and give you a LOT of momentum in the later days. :cb: I've done it twice now and I can tell you, it is really GREAT. :cp: :cp: Knowing you have to start counting over just doesn't make whatever it is you're trying NOT to do as tempting. Well, maybe tempting, but you realize the price is way too high.

PLEASE join us. :spin: You can join anytime, there's no specified beginning and ending date with this challenge. We have people just starting out now and some halfway through.

Hope to see you soon!!! :wave:

redballoon
09-24-2003, 12:32 AM
:wave: Hope to see you all over here from the old thread. The challenge is continuing. Any people wishing to jump in now's a good time to do so with the nice fresh thread! Feels like NEW BEGINNING TIME!

michireiko, I'm so glad to see you sticking to your challenge goals. :bravo: to you for Day 2 of your exercise. "Ayashi no Ceres" is more like "The Bewitching Ceres" In this animated film Ceres is an ayashi, meaning a heavenly nymph, apparently (though I haven't seen it, so it's not your usual meaning of ayashii meaning suspicious or lewd, unsavory, or doubtful as in "her character is doubtful.") I never watch Japanese movies, 'cept on TV. I was just thinking I should because my friends have video shops and give me all these sample videos but I always pass on the Japanese ones. You sound really into it if you do! Well, continued good luck on your challenge. :dancer:

Hello friendsfor fitness, hope you found us over here. Kudos to you for Day 12 in the bag. No, Day 13 will NOT be unlucky for you. Not with the momentum you've got now and, don't forget, we're all behind you. :goodvibes: Good luck!

And M.N.J., that was really great, you getting through 21. :cp: And now you're jumping right back in with your next challenge. :eek: Eating breakfast does not sound stupid or silly. :nono: I know a lot of people who aren't in the habit but yes, I believe, it's very, very important. I ALWAYS eat breakfast, it's my favorite time of day, especially when I haven't been eating the night before (as in my recent weekly challenges). Good luck to you! This may be hard for you, especially in the beginning but just remember how you did it with the water and you'll get past the rough times with this too! You can do it! Success awaits you. :sunny:

redballoon
09-24-2003, 07:40 AM
Heh people. This is my last day and I'm heading to bed now because I'm dead tired and I have to be up at 4 a.m. It's not yet 9 but I'm beat. So I think I'm safe in saying that I too have made it through my 21-day challenge! Hurrah for me!! :cp: That's my third one!

Good night! :wave:

PhotogirlTX
09-24-2003, 09:19 AM
That is awesome you completed your THIRD CHALLENGE!!! Way To Go!!! So how long of a break will you take before starting up a new challenge?

friendsforfitness.... 13 isn't unlucky.... it will be a great day for you!

michireiko keep up the great work! You can do it! Sticking to these goals have been tough.. but just know you are accomplishing something GRAND!

MNJ... you are doing GREAT too! Wow.. all these 21 day accomplishers! :-)

As for me... I am on day 7, and going strong! No chocolate cravings and I am really motivated in getting all my exercise in! I am seeing a difference on the scale and in the mirror. I have one solid week of September to make something happen before I have to put it to bed... Next Wednesday is my officially monthly weigh in with measurements and pictures.... so I am going all out to make this week count!

Everyone have a great day! Good Luck!

Cherie

friendsforfitness
09-24-2003, 10:35 AM
WHOOO HOOO FOR YOU!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU ARE WONDER WOMAN TODAY REDBALLOON!!!!

:p :jig: :cp: :cb: :hb: :bravo: :hat: :dance: :flow1: :dancer: :balloons: :sunny: :cheers:

:encore: :encore: :encore: :encore: :encore: :encore: :encore:

I am so happy for you,
Lisa

PS. Thanks for all the support everyone and I am glad to say that day 13 ended up not being unlucky. I succeeded and now I'm onto day 14.

PPS. Also redballoon as far as that "visual goal" comment, it does have to do with my signature.

xDas7x
09-24-2003, 12:10 PM
Hello Ladies!

Im still here... I missed 1-2 days of my 21 day challenge.... but Im still on it!! I am NOT giving up!!! 15 situps and 5 pushups.... thats the way its going to be!!

I havent been too good on working out either.. I really need to try to get in my hour a day.. or at least 30mins....

I also was wondering if anyone has tried this diet?
http://www.lillieross.com/lilbk2p.htm

I think its by Lillie Ross.. she wrote a book about it.. I was wondering if anyone here knew anything about it??

TTYL!! Thank you for all the support!! U GALS RAWK!! :D :D

xDas7x
09-24-2003, 12:11 PM
AND CONGRADS TO REDBALLOON ON HER SUCCESSFUL 21 DAY CHALLENGE!!!!!!!:angel: :bravo: :bravo: :gift: :dancer: :encore: :encore: :encore:

michireiko
09-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Congrats to Marti and Redballoon for completing their 21 days!
:strong::dance::strong::dance::strong:

:cheers:

Everyone is on their way to joining Marti and Redballoon! I have a lot of work to do today so I won't be ready for my exercise until tonight, but I won't let myself forget!!!!

xDas7x
09-24-2003, 03:23 PM
ONTO DAY 20.... well today is my day 20.. but I missed maybe 1-2 or 3 days in there where I didnt keep up with my challenge.. so Ill tack on a few more days!! :D :D

Marti
09-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Here I go. Day 1 on a new challenge. Breakfast.
I really didn't want breakfast this morning....I did a lot of chores around the house before I finally decided...."hey, I need energy.. quit running around before I collapse---Go eat" So I ate a small bowl of cereal.

I plan on doing a little better once I get going. I plan on having boiled eggs on hand and already sliced fruit for those hurried mornings. I will also buy some wheat english muffins, and maybe some berry bagels. Only once I start school. My classes start at 8:00 in the morning, so I will be up bright and early. (I currently get up at 8:30-9:00, see what happens when you lose a job??):lol: Although today I was up at 6:30 since my sweetie, James had to go to an interview.

xDas7x- Big congrats on day 20!! :cp: :hat: And good for you for adding on a couple days rather than starting all over.

Michireiko- You sound like you're in better spirits. So glad to see that. I hope all is working out for you. I know you'll reach your goal!! :yes:

Lisa- you're doing great also. And thanks for the congrats.:smug:

Oh yeah, by the way.... I've drank 60oz. of water so far! So I'm still going strong with that. (of coarse I was out in the yard raking and sweating like a pig!!):ink: :lol:

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies!! Talk with you tomorrow!

Marti

Southern Butterfly
09-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Congratulations to everyone on their accomplishments. This will be my first 21 day challenge.

For the next 21 days, I will not eat any fried foods. I will eat 2 fruits and at least 3 veggies everyday.:love: I will drink at least 80oz of water a day.

friendsforfitness
09-24-2003, 05:43 PM
Day 14 is a success! Now I get my treat. Only one. Then it's back to water.

M.N.J.,
Good for you on the breakfast challenge. It's a good habit to create. I used to be a non-breakfast person and I found myself so drained and lathargic by late morning. Now I eat 6 small "meals" daily and it carries me through with plenty of energy all day long. Now weather I want to or not I make time for some sort of breakfast. It sounds like you've set yourself up a great plan of attack so I know you'll do fine. ;)

Southern Butterfly,
Hi! We meet again! Again, welcome! You have set yourself up with some nice challenges. I am too much of a wuss to take on more than one on this thread right now. :lol:

Hi xxdas7xx! Glad to see you back and still on plan!

Michi, you sound so motivated! That's so great! You'll get this challege done with no sweat since you are so determined.

Have a great evening,
Lisa

michireiko
09-25-2003, 02:03 AM
Day 3...

SUCCESS! :flow1: I almost forgot as I was going to bed because I had such a bad day, but I remembered and did it so it's good. I took a walk too. The writers block is almost completely gone. I'm messing around a little with my book now, so I feel a lot better about that.

Souther Butterfly, those are really good challenges. I think I will try one of those after I complete this one.

Lisa, I really really like your signature. It's basically taking the words right from my mouth! I often think "will the family notice??" and stuff like that. I've weighed the same every Christmas, and that's the only time I see my husbands family. Well, his distant family. Sadly, I still see his parents. :lol:

Okay, here's my edit...

It's now 4:20 AM... The writers block died and I finished my book! 219 pages! I still have some editing and proofing to do, then it's off to the publishers... if I can get a publisher! Bwahahah take that writers block! :drill:

PhotogirlTX
09-25-2003, 09:06 AM
And doing great.... got plenty of exercise in yesterday.. and said NO to those chocolate brownies that we had brought in for my bosses birthday!! Yeah me! She is gone for the next two days, so the chocolate dish shouldn't be filled up!

michireiko congratulations on completing you book!!! How wonderful! I have always thought being a writer would be such a wonderful career.. you can do it ANYWHERE!!!! And great job on staying on the Challenge!!!

Lisa.... great job!!! You are almost there!!!!! Wow!!

Southern Butterfly you have set some great goals.... fried foods ... you will be feeling so much better not having those!!! Good luck on your first challenge!

Marti... Good Luck on your Breakfast challenge! That is a good one... I used to not eat breakfast either.. however I have started and I can tell it is helping me lose weight!

xDas7x CONGRATS!!! This must be day 21!!! WAY TO GO!

Ok.. back to work here.... I feel confident that today will be a sucessful one for me!

Cherie

Southern Butterfly
09-25-2003, 11:10 AM
Day one was a success! I had a hard time when I got home last night because I saw some eggrolls in the freezor. But photogirltx was right, not eating fried foods makes me feel much better.:p

Everyone - you are doing great!!:bravo:

Marti
09-25-2003, 01:01 PM
How is everyone doing this fine morning? The sun is shining brightly today. I got up this morning and read my newspaper, played with the dogs, picked up some stuff around the house,,,, anything besides eating breakfast. Finally I just knew I had to do it and grabbed another small bowl of cereal. I remember being so good at having breakfast,,, why is it so hard to do it now??

Southern- Not eating fried foods is one of the easiest things I've done with the way eat. You don't feel so weighed down and icky... if that makes sense. Broiling and grilling and baking are so much better and you'd be amazed at how things taste better. And the guilt I used to get after eating greasy food... I don't have to feel guilty anymore. (I just feel guilty with other crap I eat!!!:lol: ) You'll be fine with this challenge.

Cherie- Hurray for saying NO to brownies!!! I'm proud of your accomplishment there. Last year at the family holiday get together, we had ALL kinds of no-no's:nono: And I found it wasnt' so hard to say no to ALOT of them. I chose what would be the healthiest for me. And eating a tiny portion at that!!

Michireiko- Congrats on finishing the book!!!:cp::encore: :cb: that must feel good!! Feel free to send me a copy!! I'd love to read it!

Lisa- good for you on your water intake!! Only 6 more days to go!! What kind of treat do you give yourself after you drink all your water??

Well looks like we're all doing well. Keep it up girls!! We can do it!!! I'll talk with you all later
Marti

michireiko
09-25-2003, 03:59 PM
Today I'm off the the post office to send a resume and send back a fold-away keyboard I bought (it was broken. Stupid N key). I've already done my exercise, so day 4 was a success! Or is... I guess the day isn't over...

Southern... You have some serious willpower. I would have attacked and murdered that eggroll and digested the evidence.

Marti - I was never good at eating breakfast. I would always get really sick to my stomach if I ate too early in the morning. Is that weird?

Off the the post office!

redballoon
09-25-2003, 05:01 PM
Good morning everyone. Thank you so much for all your congratulations. It felt good to be finished with the challenge and I enjoyed (for a while) a day of pigging out on sugar and now, the next day, I am suffering for it by feeling absolutely awful! I had been on the brink of a cold and the great sugar influx didn't help. It's good I do that though because it really shows me the effect of sugar on the body and reinforces my desire NOT to eat it, except on rare ocassions.

Well, congrats to everyone here who is moving right along with your challenge, friendsforfitness, Photogirl, sDas7x, michi, M.N.J., Southern Butterfly. I'm taking a while off and then I'll be back but because I'm heading to the States soon I may not do a full 21. I don't know. I just may do it. I was thinking I should be totally free when I'm traveling (no food restrictions) but sitting here feeling awful because of the sugar is making me wonder if it's worth it at all. Yesterday as I eating all sorts of things I was thinking, well this isn't even fun anymore. It was only fun for the first thing, really. Traveling is always hard on me because I'm so sensitive to jet lag. Right now, I'm craving, honestly, craving some good food!

I'll be back. Off to the gym and then work!
:wave:

michireiko
09-25-2003, 11:02 PM
Have fun in the states! Come take me back to Japan with you :D

I went and dropped off my resume at the post office and shipped back a faulty fold-away keyboard. I proofed about 14 pages of my book and did some extra sit ups and kicks. I just felt like it would be good for me to do another set.

I have a job interview tomorrow. I'm really nervous because this is the job I want really bad, and it would be absolutely perfect for me, but my husband and father-in-law both work there as mechanics. I would be a clerk, but I'm still scared I won't get hired just because I'm a Lanham and there are already 2 Lanhams working there...

Wish me luck!

PhotogirlTX
09-25-2003, 11:08 PM
Well... got my exercise in and avoided the chocolate today. Actually today was a really good day food wise... I didn't have any temptations pass my way today...

Michireiko good luck on the job interview!!!! I hope you get what you want!

Red ballon.... have a safe trip to the states.... you were not anywhere near that earthquake in Japan were you??? You might not make an official 21 day challenge, but I am sure you will keep up with limiting your sugar while you are gone....

Marti... way to go on another great day!!! You are rockin'!

Butterfly.. WTG on Day one.. and probably day Two by the time you read this!!!!!

Ok everyone.. time for bed.. talk to you all tomorrow!

Cherie

redballoon
09-25-2003, 11:16 PM
Photogirl, no, not near the quake. I'm in Tokyo. That was up on the northern island of Hokkaido. Lots of scenes on TV though of all the TV stations shaking around. We get a lot of tremors in Tokyo. Some people did say they felt something down here too this morning. I never like to think about it too much. The big one can come at any moment. Literally!

friendsforfitness
09-26-2003, 10:34 AM
Hi All!
Day 15 went just fine all water down and out! Today is day 16 and I'm off to a good start with 23 ounces already in the...."bag".

Good luck on the interview Michi! You're really doing great and are so positive now that you should do just great if you carry that with you to your interview. Let them feel your strenth and positive attitude and you'll be a shoe in!

Cute Pic Photogirl. You look so young. I like your signature too.
Keep on keepin' on,
Lisa

Southern Butterfly
09-26-2003, 10:52 AM
Only on day 3. So far so good. The water has been the easy part. I'm finding the veggies are my hardest.

Michi - good luck on the interview!

M.N.J. - giving up fried foods has been easier than I thought. The eggroll has been my only temptation so far.

PhotogirlTx - no chocolate? That is one of my weaknesses too. Part of why I gave up candy at work.

Redballon - enjoy your trip!

friendsforfitness
09-26-2003, 10:57 AM
YAY!! For Southern Butterfly!! You're all over the place! I think we may be following each other.:lol:

Lisa

Marti
09-26-2003, 02:27 PM
Morning ladies-

Ok, I didn't have much this morning. Only a glass of orange juice....now does that count as breakfast or should I just start the challenge over?? It's almost noon and almost time for lunch. Today I go shopping for my "quick grab" breakfast's such as bagels, english muffins, banana's and so on. Even slim fast. I actually like those!

Please... let me know if you think a tall glass of OJ is considered breakfast. Be brutal!! I can take it. If you think I need more, then I will start over with day 1.:(

Ok ladies... waiting to hear from you.:)

Marti

Southern Butterfly
09-26-2003, 03:01 PM
M.N.J. - I think O.J. counts as breakfast.;) Sometimes we just don't want solid food (hard as that may be to believe)

friendsforfitness - we both seem to like challenges. I know if it wasn't for the challenges I would have jumped off the bandwagon on day one. These challenges with all of your support has kept me going all week. :flow2:

scoobysnacks
09-26-2003, 03:12 PM
im joining 21 day thing...exercise 30 min and eat less bread ...

friendsforfitness
09-26-2003, 03:27 PM
Welcome Scooby snacks! I love your nickname!

Southerbutterfly- You must be right because if it wasn't for all this accountability I'd still be buying eclairs weekly!

MNJ, C'mon now, you can't put that on us. :stress: You have to determine that. Look at the facts and then be honest with yourself. Let us know what you decide. :)

Lisa

The definition for meal in the dictionary is:

The FOOD served and eaten in one sitting.
A customary time or occasion of eating FOOD.

Now the definition for Breakfast is:

break·fast ( P ) Pronunciation Key (brkfst)
n.
The first meal of the day, usually EATEN in the morning.

michireiko
09-26-2003, 04:07 PM
MNJ, when I was in military school, I refused to eat breakfast. All I would have for breakfast was an 8 oz glass of OJ. I refused to eat lunch or dinner. I always drank orange juice. I was only in military school for a week. I didn't want to be there, and I was really nervous, so that's why I was so anti-food. I just felt sick all the time. I lost 11 lbs in 4 days. It was really unhealthy. EAT BREAKFAST.

PhotogirlTX
09-26-2003, 06:17 PM
Day # 8 is almost done... Well, I can say it's been a success! I have already done my hour on the treadmill, and I wasn't tempted once by that silly chocolate at work... so I am ready to hit day 9 tomorrow! :-)

michireiko how did the job interview go?

Marti... I would say it counts as breakfast, however, I am with the others and try to do just a little bit more.. small bowl of cereal, a whole wheat bagel, bowl of fruit... just something a little extra! Keep up the great work... I know it's tough starting something you don't like... but WTG on at least trying as hard as you are doing!

WTG Butterfly.... keep it up, and it will get easier!

Lisa... you are just crusing along!!! Doing great! And thanks about the comment on my picture! I've been told I look young for my age.... so I love those comments.... I just turned 36 in July... so I hope to stay as young looking as possible!! :-) Staying out of the sun and Clinique are my secrets! hahaha

redballoon... take care of yourself... I keep hearing that Toyko is long past due for the BIG ONE... hopefully you will be someplace else visiting if and when that happens.

scooby... good luck with your challenge! This thread has really helped me stay on track with my program!!! This is a great bunch of ladies!

Ok... I just had my weekly treat with my girls... pizza... two small pieces and water!!! Now I feel very full and almost bloated... :-( Good think I just finished an hour on the treadmill!!!!

Have a great Friday night!

Cherie

Marti
09-26-2003, 06:19 PM
Ok- Ok!!

I already knew the answer! Southern Butterfly, I appreciate you helping me out, but they're right. I didn't EAT breakfast. So,,, I will start on day one again tomorrow morning.

I just needed a second opinion.:dizzy: See... I knew this would be hard!! Going to do it tomorrow......cross my fingers!!:crossed:

Oh!!!! A BIG welcome to ScoobySnacks. I'm glad to see you here!! We'll cheer you on day by day!!

Ok ladies... thank you for letting me know what I already knew..... I guess I was just trying to pull a fast one!:^: Won't happen again. I promise!!

Talk with you all later!

Marti

michireiko
09-26-2003, 07:15 PM
The job interview got canceled, and I'm in a really depressed mood... I know I need to do my exercise but I feel so BLAAAAAH.

I'm gonna start taking kickboxing. yay!

redballoon
09-26-2003, 07:37 PM
Hello all! I still haven't started my next challenge. I thought I would yesterday after the great sugar binge of the previous day, but then last night, even though I hadn't had any sugar all day I decided I wasn't ready to start yet again and I had a little bit (in some of those tiny Ritz cracker cheese things) I actually stood there (after quite a few beers) in the train station in front of the kiosk surveying the rows of chocolate and candy and DID look for the little packages of roasted chestnuts or soybeans they sell but when I didn't see any I got the crackers. I shared more than half of them with a friend on the train though. Then afterward, I stopped in at the convenience store 'cause I was so hungry and did not get any sugar. So, I think the past three challenges have really changed me. I don't want the sugar and I've learned to make the choice. Right now though, and with my trip to the States coming up, I think I want the freedom to choose. Like someone said, I can enjoy a "controlled" freedom. That's the goal, after all, isn't it? But I love the challenges because to me and my brain for the very reason that it takes away the decision. I don't have to make it any more during that time. It has been made in the beginning and that's that! It's not, do I have sugar tonight? do I have just a little?" no, it's "I'm not eating sugar for the next 21 days!!" Period. Now, don't think I'm Ms. IronMaiden here. If only I could do this with other things, money, cleaning my room. . . . but I'm afraid/reluctant to commit to other decisions. No sugar, I can handle that (for now). Well, now that I've thoroughly bored you . . . I'll put a sock in it!! I'm going to come up with a challenge I can do through the trip and also put in a "controlled behavior" clause just to keep myself accountable. I'll think about what that shall be today.

OK, over to you all. michireiko, thanks for the good wishes. You really should come to Japan sometime if you can. I hope you get the chance soon. I wish you luck with your book. You have a lot of courage to be sending out a manuscript unsolicited. But I would say, published or not, you are already a success for having written the book. Keep it up! Oh, and best of luck with your interview, though by the time you read this it may be over. I hope you get/got the job you want. How is your challenge coming along? You sounded like you were doing really well and had stopped floundering and gotten into your rhythm. I hope you're still going strong!

Photogirl, :bravo: to you on Day 8. You're almost on the cloud!! :cloud9:

friendsforfitness. Congratulations to you! :cp: You are doing SO well. I am thrilled to read of your successes and there have been many. You're doing so well! Keep it up! You're almost through your challenge too, aren't you? Just a few more days. Tell me, is drinking the water getting any easier? Do you feel different in any way?

Southern Butterfly, You're doing fine! You have a complex challenge, don't you? Anything more than one thing is complex for me! It'll get easier and the momentum of the numbers as they get higher will help push you along. Good luck! :goodvibes: Oh, by the way, I love that quote in your signature but was wondering, shouldn't it be children's "hands" running through your hair? Is that a typo?

M.N.J., you've caused a little dilemma here with your question of whether we think a tall glass of orange juice constitutes breakfast? Friendsforfitness is right I think. You have to be the one to make that decision. I wouldn't worry about whether it was "eating" or "drinking" though. I drink protein shakes and so when I don't have time or need to have something go through my stomach fast so I can exercise and those things can contain a whopping amount of calories. You just started out on your new challenge so starting over wouldn't be so bad but really, I think you're OK, IF you normally wouldn't have even had that orange juice. It certainly makes a difference to your body to have drank that over nothing. And getting used to something as big as having or not having breakfast takes time. It's a big physical change as well as a psychological one. It's a high aim and we don't always hit the things we aim high at but as long as we keep trying it certainly counts for an attempt. I would have a goal of having a high-quality breakfast and not focus on whether you "ate" or not. After all, it's better to have a glass of fresh pure juice than a bowl of sugared cereal. It's the content that counts, not the wrappings. Kick on with it I say!!! But yes, remember, in the end, you're doing this for yourself, not us. Only you know if you were a shirker or made a genuine attempt.

scoobysnacks, good to see you again. That's an ambitious goal. Good luck and hope to see lots of you here! :dancer:

friendsforfitness
09-26-2003, 10:44 PM
MNJ, I stand corrected. That was very well put Redballoon, I agree with you completely. What you said just makes much more sense.

Thanks Red for all the kudos, but i couln't have done it with out this thread or this great group! It is getting easier to drink the water, although I have a few days of struggle still.

Michi, Sorry to hear about the interview, but don't let that suck the strength and positivity out of you. You can't be at your best unless you continue to take care of yourself.

Thanks for the compliments Photogirl, you're doing great too, I can't even dream of keeping up with you yet.

So very tired,
goodnight
lisa

michireiko
09-27-2003, 03:05 AM
It's a good point Redballoon made. I was picturing you eating bananas and stuff. I forgot sugary cereals existed :\ Actually, I haven't eaten breakfast since I was.... a sophomore in high school, so I forgot cereal in general existed.

My scale is stuck again. I'll just kick it a few times.

I did my exercise so day 4 success. I think it's day 4... I'm not all here if you can't tell. Anyway, whatever day this is.. it's a success!

Marti
09-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Oh goodness... I didn't mean to cause such a dilemma for asking that little question. After reading all this, I decided to think it over about what I thought the OJ was for me. Well, I usually wouldn't drink it.....I just happened to grab a glass and pour, thinking that I would also grab some toast. Well, after drinking the glass,,,, I didn't want toast, I felt satisfied for the moment. Also, I plan on drinking slimfast for my need of a quick breakfast on the mornings of school.....
So I've come down to thinking that "Yes" OJ was my breakfast. Maybe not the best and nutritious one, but it was still breakfast.

I should have figured this all out on my own....but I thank ALL of you for your input on this.

I'm proud to say that I sat down and ate some Cheerio's for breakfast with my DD this morning. Although, I felt quite ill last night and I feel a little iffy this morning!! Food just didn't sound good at all....my daugter told me to sit and eat. (silly girl)

so, would this be day 5? I'll go back and figure it out.
I have posted some "before" pics of me. You can't really see them that well, but I posted. I will sometime soon post my "during" pics. In about a day or so. Here's the site.

Chat with you all later
Marti

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/belong2james

michireiko
09-27-2003, 10:55 PM
Wow! You look totally different from the picture at the top from the one at the bottom. You're very pretty MNJ :D

Today was day 5 with exercise. I think >.< I'm off to bed because I'm finally starting to halucinate from lack of sleep. :moo:

I'll be awake in about.... 2 weeks... Just an estimate of how long I'm going to be asleep :lol:
:moo:

friendsforfitness
09-27-2003, 11:42 PM
Hi to all,

Day 16 and 17 went just "swell". All required water consumed. Today was a toughy for me for some reason. I guess cuz I haven't been feeling well.

MNJ- You're so beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Good going Michi! You are doing so great! Get some rest but be sure to come back and visit soon.

Lisa

redballoon
09-28-2003, 12:50 AM
:bravo: to you, michireiko for getting through Day 5. You're really doing well! I hope the scale moves for you soon. I know how frustrating and disappointing it is when your efforts aren't visible on the scale. But just have faith. You ARE making progress. And I'm sorry to hear about your interview being canceled. I think always though that things are part of a bigger plan so don't sweat it.

friendsforfitness, Good for you for continuing to rack up the days. I hope you're feeling better. This time of the year, with the changing seasons, is an easy time to get sick so be careful. I feel horrid today but I think it had to do with being out on the town til dawn and copius amounts of beer! Farewell parties and rock 'n' roll. They're putting a definite brake on my diet/weight training progress but, gotta let the good times roll!

And M.N.J., you are beautiful! And this is you at 160? You must be a real knockout now. And you've got one smart daughter there telling you to sit down and eat! Love it! :lol: I'm glad you're still going strong on your challenge. I'm sorry I don't know what day it is for you. I think it is 5 but with the time difference I get confused. And I hope you're feeling better too.

Marti
09-28-2003, 09:33 PM
I ate breakfast this morning!!! Ate my cheerios. My DD9 told me that it will help lower my cholesterol. Then she asked if it was even high. I honestly don't know. But since she was concerned, I ate it. Such a sweetheart!!

Ok. I find it interesting how one see's themselves and how other see's that same person. I look at those pictures I posted and wonder how anyone could think I look beautiful. I think I look average and frumpy. Almost unkept. I think sometimes we need to really take a look at ourselves and see the same "beauty" that everyone else see's. I think a lot of us would have better self-esteem if we did. I thank all of you for your wonderful comments. They really do make me feel better about myself. And you're saying this with my "before" pictures. I will have to post my "during" pictures soon, that way I can let me head swell a little bigger!:D
And btw Redballoon.... I'm far from being a "knock out". You gave me a good laugh!!!

Ok, I'm off to take my DD9 to town. Hi to everyone.

Marti

PhotogirlTX
09-29-2003, 08:53 AM
Hmmm... let me count... Day 12!!!! Yeah... Ok.. still going strong. I've done some sort of exercise every single day, and I've stayed away from that chocolate monster!!!!! This is great! As for today.. I've already gotten my pilates tape out of the way.. so I can say way ahead of time Day 12 is GREAT!

Marti.. you are doing great on your breakfast!!! It does get a little easier....

Lisa... you are almost there!!! Keep going!!! You are doing great!

michireiko keep up the fantastic work with the exercise! When do you start kickboxing?? That sounds like a blast!

Red.. it's ok to take a break!!! You have been such an inspiration and even inspirations needs breaks! :-)

Ok.. back to work for me here!!! Have a great day!

Cherie

Southern Butterfly
09-29-2003, 11:13 AM
Good Morning everyone - my stupid computer wouldn't let me log on this weekend. It would say "Thank for logging in" and then go back to the log in screen.

5 days down!!! I didn't realize how hard it was to eat out without eating fried foods. Bf was really sweet when I couldn't eat at certain places because they didn't have a good selection of healthy foods. I was also surprised when we went to eat yesterday, and I asked to substitute grilled veggies for the fries. The only veggie they even offered was broccoli (sp?)!!!

PhotogirlTX - great going on keeping up with the exercise!

M.N.J. - the pictures are great!!! I know what you mean about seeing something different than everyone else. I look at pictures and see everything that is wrong with the way I look while other look and say what a great picture it is. You are beautiful! Just remember that.

friendsforfitness - hope you get to feeling better. You're almost to 21 days!!!

friendsforfitness
09-29-2003, 11:47 AM
Hi everyone! I'm back and doing fine! Thanks for all the well wishes. i think I know what was wrong, I missed some of my meds by a day and 1/2, so that's probably why I was so icky feeling. Day 18 was a success! I am already starting to think about what my next challenge will be, I don't want to put it out there yet since I still have time to ponder and make that final comitment.

Southern butterfly _ You are doing awesome! Weekends seem to be the most difficult time for me to stay O/P foe me. I am so used to lying out in the pool with a few beers and having guests over for cookouts and such. Since I've started my new lifestyle I haven't had a single one and I haven't been near the pool either. When I reach each of my weight loss goals I am planning a day for a few beers. Until then I must wait. They will be those ultra's too.

Photogirl, you're kicking but as usual!

MNJ, You're daughter sounds so sweet. You're doing great on your new challenge. Is it getting any easier?

Red's still out having fun I see. Good for you! Enjoy and have one for me! :lol:

"Michi?...Michi?....Michi?... You awake yet?"

take Care and have a happy Monday!
Lisa

Marti
09-29-2003, 03:41 PM
Hello girls!!

My first day of school this morning. And I'm tired. Only because I got up so early. I did eat breakfast. I felt that I needed some protein this morning so I made myself a PB&J. Nice breakfast isn't it???:lol: But it was breakfast!! It's still hard to make myself put something down in the mornings. I hope it gets easier soon. I just don't feel like eating in the mornings.

Lisa- You're almost there!!!:hat: Once you get to the point were you're at,,, the time almost seemed to have flown doesn't it?? With the last challenge, after my halfway point, it felt like the days never happened. So why doesn't it seem like my days aren't moving with this challenge??:D

Southern- Way to go on day 5!!:cp: I think it's wonderful that your BF is sweet enough to actually search for a healthier place to eat. That truly says that he cares about you. He's a keeper!!

Cherie- Fantastic with the no chocolate.:cb: I've been to walmart many times this week and all that Halloween candy is soo tempting. But we haven't bought any yet. You're doing great. And excercises too!!

Michireiko-You better be getting some rest girl!!! When do you start kickboxing as Cherie asked earlier..... I would love to try that. But I can't see myself being that aggresive. (or do I?:chin: ):lol:

Ok, ladies.... I hope your day is a good one!! I got to go read a chapter for homework. (I never liked homework!!:no: ) Take care everyone!

Marti

PhotogirlTX
09-29-2003, 09:03 PM
Did my exercising and resisted chocolate.... that is getting much easier! Tomorrow LUCKY 13!!!

Marti you are doing great... and a pb&J is perfect for breakfast!! Plenty of energy to get you through your school!! Try PB on Toast! YUM!

Lisa.. you are getting soooo close!!! WTG on a great job so far! Glad you figured out what was making you feel bad!

Butterfly... what resolve you have!!! No fried foods... GREAT JOB!!! Glad the weekend is over huh? And a big thumbs up to your sweetie! He is being very supportive!

Ok... just put my girls to bed... so I am waiting on them to go to sleep so I can go do my elliptical exercises.... Talk to you all tomorrow!

Cherie

friendsforfitness
09-29-2003, 09:29 PM
Hi everyone!
Day 19 was a success!

MNJ- Good job on breakfast girlie!!!You are so right about how quickly the challenge moves after the halfway point. Sometimes I feel like I can barely keep up. At first it was very slow for me too. Just think before ya know it you'll be half way too!
Photogirl, you're just blasting each day right outta da water! Good for you!

Thanks to everyone for all the support and motivation, if it wasn't for this thread, I never woulda stuck to it and now I don't even feel like the water is so much of a challenge, so I basically accomplished what I had set out to do.

Good night and good luck to all,
Lisa

redballoon
09-30-2003, 02:50 AM
ALL, I'm here with you but too busy to write. Will catch up soon, I hope! I am back off sugar, thank God. It's my Day 2. I've stopped having fun, friendsforfitness!! :lol:

Southern Butterfly
09-30-2003, 10:57 AM
Goodmorning everyone. Made it through day 6.

friendsforfitness - you're on your last two days!! That seems like a million years for me, but with all of you for support, I know I can make it!

M.N.J. - PB&J sounds sooo good. I never think about that for breakfast. Good luck in school.

PhotogirlTX - great job on all of the exercise. You make me want to get out there and get my but moving!!!

OK, I really need to get my work done.

PhotogirlTX
09-30-2003, 11:54 AM
I've had a frustating day, with the scale, the tight clothes, and my girls. I won't go into it all, I am starting to feel better, but this is one of those days that I am glad I commited to this challenge. This is what is going to get me through the day and not stress eat on bad stuff, especially chocolate.

I have already done my pilates this morning. Will do my cardio later this afternoon and evening. I am resolved not to eat bad, but to stay on track today. So I consider today, day 13 a success.

Tomorrow is a new day, and a new month, and I am recommitting myself to have a GREAT OCTOBER.

Butterfly.. congrats on Day 6... you are doing great! And the exercise is making me feel better. I feel stronger and fit. I can see some toning taking place, and I know with every cardio session, I am burning off just a little bit more of fat so soon my muscles will be showing through! I just have to take it step by step.. literally.

Redballoon.. welcome back to the challenge!!!! Good for you about saying no to the sugar. You will feel so much better!!!!

Lisa.. WTG on Day 19... you are doing a fantastic job! Keep it up!

I hope everyone else is having a great Tuesday.... Mine is slowly getting better, and my frame of mind is getting better as well.

Hugs,

Cherie

friendsforfitness
09-30-2003, 05:58 PM
Tremendous Tuesday to everyone!

Southernbutterfly- Hang in there girl, you're storming right along yourself and after that halfway point it goes by much quicker for some odd reason. :p

Cherie- i hope your spirits are up by now. It's tough when it seems as though everything is frumpy. It will soon pass and you'll be back to your ole' self again. :grouphug: We still love ya though!

Day 20 has been a success, I think I'm in shock. :hyper:

Have a great and peaceful evening,
Lisa

redballoon
09-30-2003, 07:23 PM
OK, people. I'm back. Sorry for being away so long but I see you're doing well and keeping the thread going no problem. I hope you're all real proud of yourselves! :smug:

friendsforfitness, :bravo: for you. You have almost done it! That is so great! :spin: I remember when you first started out and it was so hard for you. Well, look at you now! A veteran challenger!

Photogirl, thanks for the welcome back. You are right. I feel so much better without sugar. I got off track there because of my upcoming trip to the States. I don't think I want to have this conflict of having said I won't eat sugar while I'm there and yet it's too far away not to start another challenge. So I was hesitating to start. But, it's ridiculous. I really don't feel I can, at this point, eat sugar in moderation. I think I really am like an alcoholic with it. I have to say no to it totally. I don't know. It may be a chemical reaction in my body but once I start I want more and more. It's not normal. So, I've decided to keep to the challenge at least for now and when I'm on the trip, see how things go.

Well, Cherie, I know how tough things can be. But you are showing tremendous resolve. It's very inspiring and impressive. I am the same way when it comes to losing weight. I can work out and work out and eat well but the change is so slow. I get extremely jealous when I hear of people losing the weight easily. And I know we're all different and all that but it still makes me angry and irritated and I want to get angry and rant and rant and rant. I think you're in the same boat.

So I was thinking about this and I'm going to try to look at it another way. Maybe it'll help you. Right now, we're focusing on the things that come hardest for us. Like I was saying, with the sugar with me, I feel like some in idiot, some freak, that I can't/don't want to stop at just a little bit. I have to gorge on it, literally. And the losing fat, it being so hard. But here we are, focusing on the things that come hard for us and feeling frustrated. Other people have problem with things that come super easily for me, learning foreign languages, packing on muscle with weight training and other things. Foreigners here always ask me how I learned the Chinese characters in Japanese and I remember to one guy, I just said, well, I read alot and if I come across a new character I remember it and so it's important to keep reading and the characters you know will just accumulate and before you know it you'll have quite a vocabulary.

Well, he just looked at me and shook his head and said, "Yeah, YOU can see a character once and remember it but most people see it over and over again and can't remember it." And (now I sound stupid here) but for me that was the first time it really hit home about how hard it is for some people. Until then I was thinking they just didn't bother to read and study. Losing fat for us types is like this difficulty with learning is for others. And people who lose easily is like learning foreign languages is for me. Now, it's not THAT easy. Learning still requires lots of work but it's not I guess as hard as it is for some people.

But what can I say to those people who see a word over and over again and can't get it into their heads? Well, probably, other than, don't give up, which sounds pretty lame, I guess I would say that they just have to relax about it. Try to get the emotion out of the equation, the expectations, the constantly linking the effort to the result with so much hope. Just relax and keep doing what you're doing. You WILL see results. But maybe just realize that you're going to have to always maintain the effort, always, even once you see the results. So you may as well start thinking of things as lifestyle changes, forever and just do them.

OK, I've got to run, Southern Butterfly, Hurrah for getting through to Day 6! :cp:

M.N.J., :bravo: for Day 7. Has your daughter been after you to eat again? Everyone else on the challenge who I've missed, keep at it and check in with us.

And, all, thanks for being here!! :dance:

jackieO
09-30-2003, 07:41 PM
I want in on the challenge, even though I am quite late....Plus, th emain reason is because I miss Red Balloon's inspiration and motivation.
I am counting today as day 4 of my challenge. I have exercised for the past 3 days and my eating has been perfect. I am moving up on weights and increasing my time and endurance on cardio. I am drinking my water everyday and sugar continues not to be part of my life...one day at a time. Will check in tommorrow with my progress. (I am optimistic this time!)

redballoon
09-30-2003, 08:50 PM
Oh, jackieO, what a sweetie you are! :love: Actually, I haven't been much help to anyone for the past week or so because I've been out of the loop just TOO busy and other things. . . like pigging out on sugar. But I'm back! Of course you can jump in. Ok, you're IN! Good luck! :cb: There is no starting date with these challenges. Everyone is on different numbers. If you slip up, you go back to No. 1 and start counting over. What's your challenge again? Let us know!

xDas7x
09-30-2003, 08:53 PM
hi all.. i know i seem to dissapear from time to time on this forum.. but I AM HERE!!!!! Yes, I am still alive and kicking! I weighed myself the otherday and now I'm 200lbs on the button.. Ive lost 15lbs total since 7/28 and im feelin so good right now!! IM ALMOST TO THAT MAGICAL PLACE CALLED ONEDERLAND! I keep psyching myself up cause once i hit 199 ill only have.... a little over 60lbs to lose to reach my goal. now, if im only losing roughly 7lbs a month i know it will take A LOT of time.. and i hate it cause time seems to be my enemy. I never seem to have time to work out.. its hard to squeeze it in between classes and work, but Im going to try to hit the gym at college for at least 30mins after classes..

ANyway I completed the 21 day challenge.. i tacked on a few xtra days to sort of make up for what i missed....

NOW im starting my new 21-day challenge
1. 20 sit ups
2. 5 pushups
3. try to work out 1-3 days a week at gym for 30mins.
4. work out for an hour at home when i can.
5. increase water intake
6. try to decrease foods high in carbs

alright!
good luck to everyone!!!!

redballoon
09-30-2003, 09:03 PM
xDas7x, Welcome back! :wave: We all need breaks sometimes. But it's getting back on the road that matters. I'm so glad to hear you're near breaking into the 100s. That'll be a major psychological boost for you when you do. That's a complicated challenge you've taken upon yourself there. Yes, time is hard to make at times. But remember, every little bit helps so don't think you have to do it in a gym. Stair climbing, walking, things as you go through the day. I always try to incorporate movement in with my work and it makes a difference. It really does. Good luck to you and keep us posted! :dancer:

Marti
09-30-2003, 09:06 PM
Hello everyone!

Day 8 here and I'm doing alright. I got up this morning and I ate another PB&J, and it really felt like it stuck to my mouth at first. Then I started enjoying it. And.... later, after a couple hours of being in class,,, I was soo glad that I ate! I was starting to feel a little hungry, and if I hadn't of eaten anything this morning... I would have been cranky!!

So I am quite pleased with myself for setting up this challenge. Other wise I would be going to school without any food in my belly and I would be miserable. And with the one week thread... excercising at night, really pulls it all in for me. I love how I'm feeling and how I'm actually doing something and how I'm staying motivated. My weight may not be changing much, but the feelings of myself are changing and that makes SUCH a difference for me!

And that is why I want to thank EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU for being so supportive and helping me stay motivated. If it's making a difference in me, then it has to be making a difference for a lot people and that is a wonderful thing. So I am sending a huge thank you and a hug from me to all of you!!:grouphug: Thanks ladies.

Marti

me again.. adding a little editing here. I had James take a photo of me today..... so here is my "during" picture.

redballoon
09-30-2003, 11:53 PM
MNJ, I love your picture! Your new hairstyle is so cute and really suits you. You look a lot younger too and the weight loss is really noticeable! Good for you! :cp: Glad to hear eating breakfast is becoming less of a chore. It's so important to give your body premium fuel to run on.

Who's the adorable little dog behind you? That's not Cocoa, is it?

Marti
10-01-2003, 01:49 AM
The little boy is Chewy. And he's smaller than cocoa. We don't think Cocoa may be purbred, but we love her anyway. She needs to be on a diet with me:lol: ... she weighs almost 19lbs.!!

I need to hit the hay!!

GoodNight
Marti

redballoon
10-01-2003, 05:47 AM
Well, I'm almost through Wednesday here, which was my Day 3. Gosh, it seems like I've been off sugar for a long time again and it's only three days. I've been so tired these days and I think it's because of the 4-day sugar binge I did. Never again! :nono:

MNJ, Chewy is it? Well, he sure is cute. Looked like he wanted to have his picture taken along with you. :)

friendsforfitness
10-01-2003, 07:50 AM
Morning to all!
MNJ - HOLY KNOCKOUT! Great Picture! You are so beautiful, what a great smile.You are so sweet! You haave to know what great motivation and support you are to all of us as well!

Glad to see xxdas7 baxk too, wow you're really socking it to yourself, all those challenges at one time. You go!

Welcome Jackieo, any friend of red's is a friend of mine! :D

Chat with ya's later!

Lisa

Southern Butterfly
10-01-2003, 10:53 AM
Last week was much more fun with losing 7lbs. This week, not an ounce has come off so far. Maybe by Friday. This challenge has really kept me on my toes. I have to think befoe I go for something to drink besides water to make sure I reach my 80oz goal. Also when I eat, I have to pile more veggies on my plate to make sure I get my 3 servings a day, and snacks are fruit now. Who has time for fried food anymore?

redballon - You're not alone in being a surgarholic. Not only am I a surgarholic but I'm a fataholic as well. When I get sugary or fattening food, I gourge myself. That's why I have to follow a lowfat diet that doesn't include unnecessary sugar or white breads.

MNJ - you're looking like a new person.

xDas7x - congrats on finishing your 21 day challenge. Good luck on this one!

PhotogirlTX - you're right, October is going to be a great month, for all of us.

friendsforfitness - you're at the finish line!!! Great job.

jackieO
10-01-2003, 12:35 PM
Day 4 is on and so far sucessful.....Worked out this a.m. at my maximum intensity (my face is still red). Ate perfect yesterday and so far today. Am planning to eat grilled chicken and broccoli for lunch.
Sounds like all the challengers are doing FANTASTIC!!!!
Good job Butterfly on cutting out the fried foods!!!
Talk to you all tommorrow!!!

PhotogirlTX
10-01-2003, 12:48 PM
Going Strong! I think that the Chocolate Monster has forgotten about me. He hasn't been around in a while calling my name! :-) Yesterday, I did my pilates and my 1 hour treadmill work.... today, I plan on doing the treadmill right after work, and my ellpitcal machine work later tonight... I can't believe I am almost finished with this challenge...7 days to go! :-)

Jackie.. wtg! You are doing great!

Butterfly awesome job!!! Don't worry about the weight, it will come off! I lost 7 pounds the first week too, and then it REALLY slowed down. Just keep up the hard work and you will see results!

Redballoon you are doing great, back on track again!

Marti... you look fantastic!!! A really huge difference and a really huge inspiration for the rest of us! I have before pictures and ones I took last night, where I can see a difference, but because they are in a bathing suit.. haha.. I may not post them for a while!

xDas7x what an awesome job you are doing!!!! You are almost there to onderland!!! Go Go Go!!!! You can do it!

Red... thanks for the encourging words. You are an inspiration to us all, and we all really apprecaite you being here and taking such a huge part in this forum.

Ok... My lunch is almost over.... I will talk to you ladies soon!

Cherie

Marti
10-01-2003, 01:58 PM
Day 9. I'm home from school already and I feel tired. And not so hungry. So that means I ate breakfast. I had a 1/2cup of coffee and of coarse a PB&J. I know I need get a variety, but I'm only doing that for the first week of school. Going back is so strange. I remember how I hate homework... that hasn't changed.

I do like how far my classes are from where I park. A lot of good excercising going on there! And so many steps. It's like a huge gym for me!:D And carrying that backpack!! So things should be making a difference in my appearance by the end of the term. (at least I hope so)

Thank you all for the compliments on my photo. I had James take some, and let me tell you,,,,, there were a lot I DID NOT like. I wasn't too happy with the one I posted either....but it was better than the others. (see, there I go with dissing myself after all you sweet girls complimented me---I am going to have to try harder to liking myself more)

Sorry for no individual hello's today.....But know that you're all doing excellent and this place is awesome!!!

Take care
Marti

xDas7x
10-01-2003, 04:35 PM
Hi all! Well Im starting today as my official Day 1.... Im not going to do EVERYTHING.. well everyday But at least daily im planning on drinking LOTS of water and doing my 20situps and 5 pushups..(that I KNOW i will have an easier time fitting in!!). now I plan to go to the gym 3x a week for maybe 30min or if not that work out for my hour on the walker/bike..... but who knows if ill have time for all of that!! :P but im planning! :) good luck to everyone else on their challenges!! Im glad we have this little forum because it def helps to have a group of people helping you through!! Thanks guys!! :D :D:joker: :gift: :grouphug: :comp: :lucky:

friendsforfitness
10-01-2003, 04:50 PM
I DID IT!!!!! 21 days!!! I can't even believe it! I am taking a couple days off this challenge and will start it again on Monday when I start the new one week ata time challenge! whew! I made it. Unbelieveable! Thanks for all the support and encourage ment! You all are so great, you just have no idea! You all are moving along great yourselves keep it up and take care!

Lisa
:encore: :encore: :encore:

michireiko
10-01-2003, 06:08 PM
Look guys! I'm alive!!

As you know, I've been asleep for a while. I woke up a couple days ago and did my exercise, but I totally forgot last night! I was editting my book and just fell asleep with no exercise :cry: I'd gotten further than I ever did before, so I don't think it will kill me to start from day one. I'm gonna hang up reminders on my refridgerator, next to my computer, and next to my bed. That way, I'm sure not to forget!

I'm glad to see everyone is doing so well. Keep up the good work! Your body is loving you for it and it's gonna show ^_~

I found a really awesome and easy way to chug my 64 oz of water per day. The water is still going down easy but I haven't been drinking the requirements. I've been doing about 30 oz per day. (Days I've been awake, that is) I really can't wait until my book is finished so that I don't have to stay up forever. I guess I don't /have/ to do it, but I'm a writer. Hmmm... Forget being concered with sleep. I just signed up with www.NaNoWriMo.com :dizzy:

Welcome newcomers!

Congrats on your 21 days, Lisa! Are ya gonna do another challenge?? I hope so!! I will miss you if you leave us!
:strong: :bravo: :dance: :cloud9: Ahhh yes... Random happy emoticons...

Marti
10-01-2003, 10:58 PM
CONGRATULATIONS LISA!!:bravo: :cp: :hat: For completing the 21 days!!!

Ok, I just popped in to share my experience the last two days. I have been busy trying to get used to going back to school... and so I kind of slacked on my water..... and let me tell you,,, for me I can tell the difference in how I felt. And I also noticed right away the puffiness of my face. So today I drank all my water and I immediately felt better. I'm not sure what it is about the water, maybe I had just gotten used to having it, but I know now that I won't go without it.

So if any of you are drinking water for your challenge, such as Lisa, don't stop once the challenge is over!! Just keep drinking it. It truly makes a difference.

Ok... more homework to conquer. Just had to share this info.

marti

redballoon
10-02-2003, 01:56 AM
Three cheers for Lisa!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :hat:

You have done it! Way to GO!!! :spin:

:cp: :encore: :cp:

Well, Lisa, I hope you're really proud of yourself! :smug: Three weeks is a long, long time to be doing something every single day, and something that doesn't come easy to you on top of that! I'm proud of you! You enjoy your break and we all hope to see you back here real soon! OK?! :wave:

redballoon
10-02-2003, 07:43 AM
Good evening all! Good morning to all on the east coast. I'm wrapping up Day 4 here with an all clear ahead! Day 4, jeez, it really feels like time is c-r-a-w-l-ing this time around, but I'm not that tempted, though I do think of sugar more this time. But no, it's not going to get to me! :rollpin:

Heh there friendsforfitness, thanks! :love:

Southern Butterfly, Sorry to hear the weight's not coming off so quickly this week but you've got to still be ecstatic over having lost 7 lbs last week, no? :hyper: You're really doing well. Keep it up! :flow1: What day are you on, by the way?

jackieO, Congrats on getting through 4 successful days! Workout, plans for a healthy lunch. Thanks the way! You're doing it! :dancer: Yes, I think we've got a fantastic bunch here. Their energy is invigorating! :goodvibes

Photogirl, sweet 14. You're well into the teens now and momentum will push you through to the end now for sure. Bye-bye Chocolate Monster! :fr: He can't touch you now! :bubbles:

M.N.J., you've made it to :cloud9: Hurrah! Oh, god, nightmare memories of college days, homework, ugh. But yes, it's a good workout. You're sure to see changes. And yes, you've got to stop dissing yourself all the time! :nono: Even if you don't really mean it, it still has a bad effect subconsciously I think. Walk tall. Get an attitude! :encore:

xDas7x, hi there. OK, on your challenge. You know if you're doing it or not. You just tell us what you think. For your weekly goals you can always pop over and join a lot of us on the weekly thread. I do both and others here do too. I like having both, the 21 to just keep plugging away at things that are better plugged away at and the weekly thing for variety and lots of freedom. Feel free to jump in! Both places are great places to hang out and chat! :gossip:

Hi there michireiko, good to see you're still with us. :spin: I was just thinking about you and wondering where you were. Ok, if you're back to 1 that's fine. Remember, you haven't lost anything at all by starting counting again. It's just for fun. It's not like we're giving out prizes or anything and when you get there, even if it's after a longer time than expected you're still a winner, maybe even more so because you'll have been at it longer. So, what's this awesome water chugging technique you spoke of? Very mysterious. :s:

PhotogirlTX
10-02-2003, 08:45 AM
I've already done my pilates for the day. And still no sign of Mr. Chocolate Monster... so already, at 7:41 AM... I feel day 15 is a success! YEAH!

Red Balloon... you are doing such a great job!! I don't know if I could cut sugar out totally... I am trying to limit mine, but you are doing such a great job with it! Keep it up!!!

Marti.. isn't funny how your body reacts and how you notice??? That is great.. it just reaffirms that your body truly needs it's water to function properly.

mich keep working towards your goals.... just the fact that you haven't given up means you are being successful!!! Great job!

Lisa!!!! :flow1: GREAT JOB!!!!!!!! You did it!!! I bet it feels wonderful!!!! Take a few days off and come back here strong on Monday!! AWESOME!

Das.. good luck with the rest of your challenge!!! We have faith in you and know you have the strengh to do this!! Go Go Go!

Ok... Well, it's time for me to start to work this morning. Everyone have a great day!!!!

Cherie

jackieO
10-02-2003, 10:48 AM
Worked out with trainer this morning at 6, eating has been on plan...so I am off to another perfect day (5).

Lisa- Congrats on finishing your challenge!!!!!!! Go Girl!!!!

RedBalloon- How is the sugar addiction? Are you kicking it's butt?

Cherie- Impressive work on your challenge. You are almost half way there! keep up the great work. Glad to hear that you are sticking with the Pilates!!!!

To everyone else, have a great on plan day!!!!!!

Southern Butterfly
10-02-2003, 10:52 AM
Congratulations, Lisa!!! You did it!!!:bravo: :cp:

Welcome back, Mich.:wave:

Photogirl - doing great with the exercise!!:strong:

Redballon - think of it this way, "I'm ALREADY on day 4.";)

MNJ - All of that homework will be worth it. :goodvibes At least that's what I keep telling myself. You're right, once you get used to something, it's easy to miss when you don't do it for a couple of days. Kind of makes us wander how we didn't notice the need for drinking water before, huh?

This is day 9 for me. This challenge has really made me more consious when I make my lunch. I now have to make sure to think before throwing something in the bag to make sure I put in enough fruits and veggies.

Marti
10-02-2003, 12:07 PM
Morning ladies-

I'm getting ready for school, but I had to drop by and say that day 10 is a success!! I actually didn't eat PB&J this morning.... don't want to get sick of it. I had toast this morning. And I'm starting to look forward to breakfast! I honestly didn't think that was going to happen!! Plus.... I drank 20oz. of water with it!! Not coffee, or OJ.... WATER. Even though it's not part of my challenge this month, I want to keep up with it!

Well, I'm off to go to school.... Team Building skills & Microsoft 2000.

This whole school year is pretty much a refresher coarse. I had gotten my certificate back in '96 but didn't do anything with it, and after losing my last job and then wanting to use my skills, I had found out that I'm outdated!! Can you believe that?? Having to start over. Sheesh!!:dizzy:

Ok,,, I started babbling about nothing here..... off I go!!:wave:

Have a good day ladies

Marti

redballoon
10-02-2003, 07:17 PM
Friday morning here and I'm trying to get back to you so I keep up on all your posts, everyone! I'm so glad people are checking in here and writing so much but I get behind so easily! The time difference too means that when I'm asleep here in Tokyo most of you are up and at 'em.

Photogirl Cherie, no monster before 8 in the morning and you're not scared?! Good for you. You've got this thing whipped for sure. :strong: Pilates done for the day already! Way to go! :cp: I read what you said about this Dummies tape and I must get mine out. I bought it and never watched it yet. Yeah, the cutting out sugar totally is not as hard as it sounds. The all-or-nothing approach works well. I don't eat any sweeteners either which I think is a big help. Gets you off the unnatural sweet taste. Now, when I eat fruit it is SO sweet. I can detect sugar in foods that you would never think there was sugar in, breads and sauces.

jackieO, :bravo: on a perfect start to Day 5! :high: A trainer at 6 in the morning! That's amazing. I have to get up early to get where I'm going but I never start exercising that early! Incredible! You are amazing, what can I say!?! Yes, kicking sugar's butt. It feels good not to play the victim of all this junk that's out there. It's very empowering really to just say no instead of all the hemming and hawing of, Oh, just a little bit, oh, come on, treat yourself, all that. It's just a simple no, "I'm not eating sugar, thanks though" to others and to myself.

Southern Butterfly, on :cloud9: Hurrah for you! OK, I'll try the "already" way of looking at it. Thanks for reminding me that I'm whining here, playing that "poor me" tape again. Yes, I hear you on the raised awareness. It's an awakening, isn't it to find yourself paying attention to things that you just let slide earlier. They say the beginning to all change is awareness so we're right on track. And even if you're aware at times, CONSISTENT awareness is when you start reaping the benefits.

M.N.J., look at that. You're into the double digits! Glad to hear you're putting some variety into your breakfasts. And starting to look forward to them! That's great. :spin:

PhotogirlTX
10-02-2003, 10:58 PM
Yes Red balloon.. no Chocolate Monster is going to scare me now! :-) Hey.. I even have chocolate here at home that I give to the girls every now and then... (like tonight) and I am not even tempted!!!! And you should get your pilates tape out.. I am starting to enjoy it more and more.

Marti you are doing a great job with breakfast..... I am very proud of you.. that has to be a hard thing to over come.

Butterfly you are almost to the half way point!!!! Great Job!

Jackie.. perfect days are wonderful!!! Keep having more of them!

Ok.. tomorrow is day 16 and I know I already have it in the bag!! Such confidence.. this challenge has empowered me!!

See you all tomorrow!!!

Cherie

michireiko
10-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Redballoon - Pilates is AWESOME! I used to do it every single nigth with Ana Caban. I adore her. I moved so I don't have any room to do it anymore.

Everyone is progressing so nicely! Good job!!

I took a walk last night, and that's a lot more exercise than I normally get, so night #1 was great! I want to get a big straw so I can type and drink at the same time. Wow I'm obsessed with writing :D

Have a good day girls!

PhotogirlTX
10-03-2003, 11:30 PM
But the 8th will be my 21st... so I am still doing GREAT! I got all my exercise in today, and not even an email from the chocolate monster... I think he is off tormenting some other poor soul.

mich.. great job.... and I got a new pilates video in today... and tried it... I am really enjoying it.. I am glad I discovered something new!!!!

Red.... again, have a safe trip next week....

Ok.... hope everyone is doing great on their challenge.. I will check in tomorrow!

Cherie

Marti
10-04-2003, 01:27 AM
Evening ladies---(it's late!)

I'm so glad it's finally the weekend. First week back to school.... I've been tired.

Today went well. I'm on day 11. I ate my two pieces of toast and a glass of OJ. After my second piece of toast, I wanted to throw it away... but during my second class today, I was glad I finished it. I still had a little energy even though I was tired. It could have been worse. And I've been drinking the water!! In fact, I've upgraded my water bottle.:) Went from a 20oz. to a 23.5oz. My daughter had some flavored water in this neat little bottle, and when she was finished.... I took it!!:s:

I see a lot of you girls are doing yoga and/or pilates.... I am going to have to grab my yoga matt out of the closet and start doing it.I have this tape(actually it belongs to James) and listening to the man speaking... I'm not sure if I find his voice soothing, or annoying. (isn't that terrible?) But I thought about just watching the tape and putting on some celtic music on in the background. I guess I should just take the first step by getting the equip out of the closet!!!:lol:

Has anyone thought of what their next challenge will be? Do you think it will be different or the same stuff? I want to continue what I'm doing, the breakfast and water, but I want something new to do. I think each time I start a challenge, I have to have something different. I've learned that my body loves water and it shows, and breakfast is a good start in the morning.... so that won't change...unless of coarse, I take for granted what I have learned here and start avoiding either one of those! Then I will restart those over again. Anyway, I want this next challenge to be a "challenge" and I'm having a hard time coming up with something different than what I've done here, and what I'm doing at the "one week at a time" thread. Hmmm.....:chin:

I have no idea why I'm just rambling on here about all that. It was just all in my head and I guess I needed to write it out.

Looks like everyone is succeeding here!! Excellent!!:balloons:

Ok, weekend is here!! Hope everyone enjoys theirs. I will chat with you tomorrow.

take care
Marti

redballoon
10-04-2003, 08:13 AM
I'm finishing off Day 6 here. All of a sudden the days don't seem like they're going by so slowly. Maybe it's a psychological thing I have with counting to 5 or so. Those first few days seem to go so slowly. But here I am, ALREADY ;) on 6 and though it wasn't easy, I did it OK. No sugar! Yeah! :D

michireiko, Good for you for getting that walk in last night. :cp: It may not seem like such a big thing but like you said if it's more exercise than you normally get then it's a big thing! Sorry for perhaps sounding pretty ignorant but who is Ana Caban? :^: I take it she's a singer?

Photogirl, thanks for the bon voyage wishes. It's the first time I'm out of Japan since the 9/11 attacks and I expect security is high everywhere now. Hope things haven't changed all that much though. Well, you're doing so well it's amazing. You're a great inspiration. Tonight I was going to blow off the gym and didn't. Just thinking of everyone here working hard keeps me in line! :lol:

Marti, you're in 11 heaven! :angel: How's it feel to be past the halfway mark?! Sounds like your breakfasts are getting more breakfasty. Nutrition is everything! It really is. Your body will reward you well if you give it premium fuel. You're getting there! Keep up the good work.

And, by the way, please feel free to ramble on. I think we all love hearing from you. I know I do. It's not like you're forcing anyone to read every word you write, not that it wouldn't be enjoyable. Anyhow, ramble on! No, I don't think of my next challenge but that's only because things are so hectic for me now. But that's great that you're thinking of upgrading, stepping up the intensity, the challenge degree. It shows how much more confident you've become and more motivated or inspired. Hmm, having trouble thinking up a new challenge. Well, you've been pretty creative. There's no reason you can't stick with what's good. You could do like me and cut the sugar. Oh, I'm sure you'll come up with something good for you!

Marti
10-04-2003, 12:57 PM
Day 12! and I'm off to a good start.

I ate a bowl of cereal. I almost busted the whole challenge since it was the weekend.... wanted to get ready and just go. But instead, I sat with the newspaper and ate. Pat on my back.:dizzy:

Well, today was my weigh in and the scale didn't budge. But that's ok. I didn't gain. But I have noticed that my pants have more room in the ab area, so I'm doing something right. I have got to find my measuring tape and measure myself. I don't want to rely on my success on just the scale. It's bad for my.....what is the word I'm looking for????
Anyway, I don't want my emotions to go down because I don't see results there. My clothes feel better on me, even though it's not a major difference. Am I making any sense???:?:

Well, I'm going to go hop in the shower, James and I have plans to go shopping for some clothes. :D That's always fun. I've been watching "what not to wear" and I'm always telling James to sign me up for that!! Have the experts tell me how horrible my clothes are and how outdated I am.:lol: I did see a woman who was my body type, so I'm going to try and remember the tips I've learned from that. (she was short like me and had trouble finding things that fit the right way) I want to buy some tops that I will still be able to wear once I lose the weight I want to lose..... I feel as though I need to go back to bed and restart this day... I'm just going on here about nothing!!:lol:

Have a great weekend ladies.

Marti

michireiko
10-04-2003, 03:06 PM
Ana Caban is a Pilates instructor. I love Ana. She is very straight forward and just awesome. She talks with a believable voice. Nothing like Denise Austin!

MNJ Have you read any of my book? Let me know what you think of it!

I did some aerobics and weight lifting last night! Day 2 success!:cool:

redballoon
10-04-2003, 06:54 PM
M.N.J., Yes, a pat on the back for sitting down and eating breakfast. You've got to make time for it and that's what you're doing. Good for you!

Scales, they obviously don't mean much but people continue to rely on them. You're not talking nonsense when you talk about the effect it can have on your confidence and your mood. Clothes are the way to go and looking at your body for changes. Of course, it's harder to gauge them because it takes longer. I think the only way to do it is to follow a plan for a while and then gauge the results. If you don't see them, time to change the plan. Sticking to the plan is the hard part. So many people seem to think they'll outtrick the plan and look for backup on the scale, as if they "got away with" something. Why let the scale dictate things? It's silly. So, I really think you have a great attitude, Marti! :cp:

michi, oh, right, this Ana person is a pilates instructor. Duh!? I was picturing you just doing your exercises and listening to music, not watching a video, or watching a video with the sound off and listening to music. Sometimes, I don't know, my mind doesn't click in to the "normal" way of things! :lol:

And heh, great going on the exercise. That must have been something new for you, no? You said you're not used to getting any exercise. :bravo: for you!

Well, all I did since my last post here was sleep so there's nothing to report. I'm starting my Day 7 now. It's Sunday here. I've been thinking I may just continue the challenge while I'm in the States. I mean, why think of it as just one big sugar bowl waiting for me to wallow in! :ink: There are so many othere things to do and experience, not just sugar. If I stick to this challenge (my fourth) I'll finish up on the 20th I think and still have a day or two in the U.S. to indulge in a little sweetness. Well, I'll see. Now, that the numbers are adding up I don't feel like cutting it off. Besides I'm afraid of the damage I can do if I take all checks off and I know I'll just end up feeling ill. And limiting myself is no fun really either. I start focusing too much on food and because I'm so addicted to the sugar if I just get a little then my mind just won't let go of the idea of getting more and more and more!!! :eek: There's actually more of a feeling of freedom in NOT eating ANY sugar than there is in limiting myself, if you can believe it.

michireiko
10-05-2003, 01:44 AM
Day 3 complete! I just finished with my exercise and I am exhausted!!! I think I'm going to change my signature to weight and measurements. Ah yes... I shall do that after this post :lol:

Don't give up Marti, because even though you aren't seeing results now doesn't mean you wont. Eventually... They will kick into high gear! Before you know it, you'll hit your goal!! mmm what a feeling that will be!

Red, Ana is awesome. You might look for some of her stuff. maybe Amazon.com!

PhotogirlTX
10-05-2003, 09:37 AM
Well.. again, I am on day.. I don't remember.... but I am still going strong! Yesterday I did two sessions of my pilates, and last night I did 45 minutes on the ellpitcal machine. So I feel great and strong. I stayed OP all week, and today will be another day of me making the right choices!

Mich.. great job on day three!! On your signature what does the measurements mean? Is the last one supposed to be higher than the first?

Red.. You can have a great visit to the States and still keep your sugar consumption low. Allow yourself a treat or two, but just don't go wild... and you can still feel great and enjoy your trip.

Marti WTG on Breakfast!!!! You are doing a great job!

I hope everyone else on this thread is having a great weekend and staying OC... on challenge! ;)

Ok... I need to get off here.. Everyone have a great Sunday!

Cherie

Marti
10-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Howdy all!

I ate my cereal today. It took me a long time to eat it, almost got soggy..but I did it.

Went shopping yesterday, and my thoughts that I made a difference in size was proven yesterday when I was able to slide into a size 8 and not a size 10!! I was thrilled. I'd love to someday get into a size 6 but size 8 is doable for me!!

Have any of you tried wearing jeans that are "just below the waist?" I didn't want to buy any jeans that were considered "hip huggers" or "low riders" thats too much for me... but the "just below the waist".... I was amazed. I didn't feel like I was getting cut in half!! And they don't make my gut hang over. With some of the other jeans I own... they fit everywhere but the waist. And it exaggerates my fat roll!! So finding these jeans was like hitting the jackpot for me!!:lol:

Ok,,,, gotta get my day going..
chat later

marti

michireiko
10-05-2003, 03:52 PM
Photogirl - the first is bust, middle is waist and last is hips. The hip and bust are supposed to be the same from what I've heard. hahahah yeah right.

Marti - They don't make hip huggers in my size :lol: but if you can wear them, go for it!

mscat816
10-05-2003, 05:10 PM
Hi Red Balloon and other 21-Day Challengers!

I was reading your posts today and was inspired. Having trouble deciding which of my goals to focus upon for the challenge. I am working on 4 goals at once: 64 oz of water a day, 8 hours of sleep, exercize 3xa week, and 3 squares a day. I have mastered the workout schedule and I am so tired these days I usually fall asleep before 11. Still struggling with the water intake and the 3 squares.

So that will be my 21-day challenge: 64 oz min. of water and 3 squares a day. My 3 meals must include a min. of 3 servings of fruit, 3 veggies, 3 proteins, and a limit of 3 starches. That has been difficult for me because I tend to run and get tied up with projects and forget to eat - then I overcompensate too late in the day and sleep on all my calories.

I will add that my last meal must be consumed by 7 p.m. Now that will be a challenge!

I know you all will be pulling for me. ;)

PhotogirlTX
10-05-2003, 11:12 PM
Well, I finally figured out what day I was on, and it was a successful one! So Day 18.... time to go to bed! No chocolate and I did my daily exercises!!! I can't believe I only have three more days to go... how should I celebrate??? I box of chocolates? Hahahaha.. JUST KIDDING!!! I need to start thinking of my new 21 day challenge.... this long without chocolate has been tough... I don't know if I've gone that long without it! Hahaha... who knows.. I might trying again for 21 day.... we shall see.

Ok.. going to bed.. I am tired! Will post personal replies tomorrow!

Hugs,
Cherie

redballoon
10-06-2003, 07:26 AM
Hi there, all. I'm wrapping up Day 8. Yes, it's in the bag! :dance:

hi michi, glad to see you're sticking to the exercise. :bravo: for reaching Day 3. I looked for an Ana tape on Amazon. I don't think I have one of hers. I had another one beside Dummies and I couldn't stand the person doing it. It was kind of creepy. :eek:

Photogirl, I can't believe it. You're almost there! :cp: Wow, I didn't realize you were so far along. Yeah, I'm going to try not to go hog wild in the States. I'll try to get out and walk a lot in New York. It's great for it, better than Tokyo even because there are less people.

M.N.J. on Lucky 13. Way to go! :dancer: I actually like soggy cereal. Fantastic, you getting into a size 8. Ah, you're way ahead of me there. I'm still stuck in a 10 or 12. Oh, the below the waist jeans are the only way to go. When you're as short as me 5 1 1/2 you want all the length you can get and normal jeans come up so high I feel chopped in half and barely able to breathe. I think though that that is largely because the rise is too long because they're made for taller people not short round ones like me! :lol:

mscat, welcome aboard! :wave: I'm glad to see you're going to join us. Okay, water and squares (you know it took me a while to figure out what "squares" were. :lol: ) Good luck and keep us posted so we can cheer you on! :flow1:

michireiko
10-06-2003, 10:24 AM
Welcome new comers! And yay for everyone doing this challenge!

I did my exercise last night! My Aunt Micki gave me her stretchy from the Walk Away The Pounds with Leslie Samsone and I worked with that. Then I popped a sleeping pill and went to bed..... good thing too! Someone called me for a job interview this morning! I have to be there soon! Wish me luck!!!

Oh and I guess last night made it day 4. I really need to get a calendar!!

friendsforfitness
10-06-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm back and it looks like you all are doing great!! YAY for you all!! I have finally picked my next challenge. I am scared to put it in writing, but I know that this is something I have to work on more than anything. Exercise. I am going to walk for no less than 20 minutes and 1 mile everyday for the next 21 days. There I said it. It will be. I just got the walk away the pounds videos too and I made through the first one. I feel it today, so now I have no excuses. Not weather or anything.

Wish me Luck,
Lisa

:lucky:

Marti
10-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Hello ladies-

Well, breakfast was choked down this morning... I wasn't awake enough to want it. But I remembered my challenge and ate it. I also had 1/2C. coffee with it. I went to bed way to late to be getting up at 5:45. Anyway, this is day 14. I honestly can say that I don't see myself continueing eating breakfast EVERYDAY once my challenge is over. Isn't that terrible?? But I am going to try.

Lisa- I read your weekly challenge about "real" crunches.... have you concidered buying an excercise ball? I find it to be easier on the body and you can really feel results. If you know anyone who has one, ask to see if you can borrow it to see if you would like to get one. I find doing the side crunches are a lot easier when using the ball.

Mallory!! (love your name)- Good luck on the interview!! I'll cross my fingers for you.

Mscat- Welcome aboard!! It also took me some time to figure out what "squares" are! You'll do fantastic and we'll all root for you!!

Red- Soggy cereal good??? Are you sure?? I can't consume it once it's too soggy..... down the drain it goes........

Cherie- Day 18!! (or 19 today) you are almost there!! WhooHoo!!!! Feels great doesn't it??

And a hello to the rest of the group.... I have got to hit the books. Have my first test this wednesday...dreading it!!!

Take care
Marti

friendsforfitness
10-06-2003, 09:37 PM
Hi There,

MNJ, yes I am considering getting an exercise ball, I have to figure out where I can keep it though. Crowded house here with a family of 5.

I woke up and did 27 real crunches,then later in the day I did floor exercises for 30 minutes. I worked from 9-7pm, ate dinner at 7:30 and plopped on the couch. I was pooped lemme tell ya. I began to tell Hubby about my new 21 day challenge and he was a bit surprised. Then I followed up with I think I'm just gonna start tomorrow. He said now that won't get ya off to a very good start will it? You should go walk, go ahead. So I did. As frikkin' tired as I was I did my WATP video 1 mile. Day ONE is a success. I can't believe I'm only on day one...OMG. This one's gonna be a long haul, I just know it.

Take it easy,
Lisa

:)

mscat816
10-07-2003, 12:40 AM
Boy am I frustrated. I am up 2 lbs! 237!!!

I got my 3 squares in but didn't get dinner done until 8 p.m. Missed my 7 p.m. deadline by an hour. I am over my 64 oz of water. Found out from the water calculator that I am suppose to drink 98 oz each day.:fr:

Congratulations Red Balloon on completing your challenge! I am hitching my wagon to your star!

MNJ - don't know what your picture looked like before but you sure are gorgeous now. What an inspiration. Can't wait to feel confident enough to post my picture.

Have a good night, everyone and a great tomorrow!

:grouphug:

PhotogirlTX
10-07-2003, 08:43 AM
I can almost taste it... haha.... no, not the chocolate.. but I am proud to say I have made it all this way with not consuming any chocolate in the past 20 days!!!! That is a FEAT for me! And I have exercised everyday too. This morning, I have already done my pilates... so if I just say away from anything chocolate.. then today is done! :)

mscat keep working... it will come off... probably just your body adjusting... just keep working and soon the results will happen!

Lisa.. just take it day by day, and not focus on the big picture.. before you know it you will be at the end of this challenge and be much stronger!!!! Keep up the great work!

Marti... you should really try to continue this... it helps your metobilism (mispelled) .... and gives you energy in the morning. You can always try something different, yogurt, a breakfast bar, quick bowl of cereal or oatmeal, fruit.. a smoothie... just something to get your body going in the morning! :-) You are doing an awesome job!!

mich keep going.. you are doing great!

red.... you are leaving soon... so good luck and have a safe trip!! Keep up the great work in the states and check in when you can!

Ok.. time for me to start work!!!! Two more days and this challenge is DONE! :-)

Cherie

Marti
10-07-2003, 11:41 AM
Morning-
I'm getting ready for classes, but I thought I would stop by and report my breakfast. Day 15 went pretty good. I actually wanted something this morning.... does that mean I might be reaching the point of.......yes...... continuing this eating in the morning??:lol: I had some cereal and the milk tasted soooo good. I could have done without the cereal!! (would a glass of milk get me going in the mornings.....:chin: )

I'm crazy I know.

Almost there Cherie!! And what a challenge!! No chocolate for 21 days.....one more day!!! And you hit the grand slam!!!

mscat-don't worry about the 2lbs. Just know that you're doing something about it and you WILL start seeing weight being lost. Also thank you for the compliment. Here are my "before" and "during" pictures if you would like to see. Not to glamorous, but at least I can see that I'm making changes.

Lisa-I hope you can find room for the ball... it's much easier on the neck. Plus there is so much other excercises that you can use the ball for.

Ok---a huge hello to everyone else. I have 1/2hr. before I have to leave so I guess I better start getting my things together.

Take care and have a wonderful day.

Marti

redballoon
10-07-2003, 01:51 PM
Well, it's 2:30 a.m. and I can't sleep because of asthma and here I have to get ready to leave in the morning. Bummer! Well, when it dawns, it'll be the dawn of my Day 10 and boy, has the no sugar thing been hard. Well, I mean, it's hard, I think about sugar but I know I'm not going to eat it. And I know that if I start I won't stop until I tell myself I'm on the wagon again. Weird. Maybe eventually I'll just get sick of this all and not even want sugar. I think so. I am really an all or nothing type and I like things simple.

I'll tell you when and if I go off the challenge. I'm probably going to keep on it and go off and on for special things only, which means though that'll I'll be going back to No. 1 regularly. That's the only way I'll stay somewhat in line.

Well, I'm going to try to check in here when I'm in the States with you all but the check-in's may be sparse. Please keep encouraging each other. You all are really a great bunch of people and I'm proud to be a part of this team.

michireiko. . . How did your interview go? I hope well. You're really doing well with your challenge. That video and the stretchie sound like fun. .. A little Japanese note. . .I think I'm going to be on a planeload of NYYankees fans heading to cheer for Matsui. I'm flying Continental and I just saw an ad in the subway yesterday that said it was the "official Major League airline."

friendsforfitness. . . good to have you back. Your challenge is awesome. I'll bet your husband was surprised! You've gained so much confidence and motivation in the weeks I've known you. I am so glad to see that. I wish you all the best on your challenge. You can do it and remember, doing it is an incredible inspiration to us all so please remember that. . . .ooh, a little pressure there. . .. GOOD LUCK, LISA!!

M.N.J.. . Good for you and your breakfasts. You only have a week to go and I think things are changing for you. I think there is something about the 21 days that can help make things habits and this perhaps is the challenge's power. That and everyone's energy here! Do you see all the compliments you're getting on your great looks? I'm glad to hear you're not dissing yourself these days.

mscat816, don't be frustrated. 2 lbs means nothing. My weight fluctuates by 5 lbs at a time at times. It's the big picture that matters. But, like others said, just focus on your challenge for now. This challenge is more about attempting new things and learning from that attempt, becoming stronger, more in control. It's not so much about weight loss, although that will be the ultimate result in other changes you'll make in your eating/exercising habits. Good luck and keep on keeping on!

Photogirl, you're almost there and I think you're going to hit 21 when I'm away. You're in my thoughts though and you know you have my congratulations. Even though I may not make it a challenge for now while I'm traveling and my routine is topsy turvy I am going to be doing positive things for myself and yours and everyone here is an inspiration. But you're really kicking A! and you're getting the competitive spirit in my going. In other words, you're showing me up and I'm wanting to show you all what I can do too! So, even though you may not see it yet I'm making progress! Thanks and good luck! Are you thinking of another 21dayer when this one's in the bag?

. . .Everybody, thanks for all the bon voyage wishes. I'm looking forward to the U.S.!

friendsforfitness
10-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Red? When will you be back? :cry: We'll all miss you so much. :cry:

Take care of yourself,

Lisa

michireiko
10-07-2003, 04:38 PM
Bye Redballoon! Have fun on your trip! Keep up the good work on your challenge!!

Everyone's in the double digits! Well, I'm not yet but I'm getting there! Today I'm going to do the Walk Away The Pounds with my mom. I almost forgot to do my exercises last night but I didn't forget!!! I've lost track of how many days I've been doing it >.<

mscat816
10-07-2003, 05:11 PM
Today I got off to a great start – I was worry free about my weight (thanks to many of your comments and encouraging words). Got on the dreaded scale and I weighed in at 234! :D That is 3 lbs down. Everyone was right – it must have been water and bloating – made my water goal for the first time yesterday.

I squeezed in breakfast (I had soggy cereal too Marti) and a nutrient bar this a.m. I have had 48 oz of water thus far. We have a Mongolian barbeque at work now. Had it for lunch with no rice this time and ate a pear from the market nearby. That is 2 veggies, 1 fruit, and 1 protein down! The Mongolian kitchen is going to help me with my 3 meals a day challenge. We have nothing else on campus available other than fast food. I often skip lunch because I don’t have the time or the resources to pack properly from home or go out.

Bought a grilled chicken salad for dinner since I have a meeting to go to after work and won’t get home before 9:00. I have more fruit in the car that I can have with my dinner before my presentation. If I drink a protein supplement and eat another piece of fruit for my afternoon snack, I will be finished with my 3 squares before 7:00 p.m!!! :strong:

Thanks Redballoon – for the warm welcome and the opportunity to be a part of this challenge. I appreciate your words of encouragement – I will continue to focus in making the new challenges a daily habit.

Marti – Congrats on the breakfast and consider keeping it up after the challenge – It is so important to your metabolism! Your pics were awesome. The change is phenomenal – I want to be like you when I “grow down.”:cloud9:

Sorry about the assumption on my diet lingo – for those who could not figure out the meaning of 3 squares – 3 square meals!

Have a great day! :balloons:

Cat

241/234

redballoon
10-07-2003, 09:03 PM
Heh all, I'm off for my flights. Hope to check in and see how you're all doing in a couple days! Keep up the good work!

michireiko
10-07-2003, 09:16 PM
Okay, today was day 5. Day 5 success! I got a calendar to help keep track so I don't get so confused :\

Bye Red, have fun!

I did the Walk Away The Pounds. I love that thing.

xDas7x
10-08-2003, 12:16 AM
Hi all! Im STILL HERE!! I need to start over on my 21 day challenge :( i havent been keeping up arghhh! BUT.. tommorow is a new day.... 20 situps, 5 push ups and at least an hour a day on the walker 3 days a week!

friendsforfitness
10-08-2003, 08:16 AM
Hiya Michi! I too enjoy the watp tapes. I'm not in the double digits either. Today is day 3 for me. I track my days in my food journal.

I walked last night with Hubby around the neighborhood, it was really nice out. I was shocked when I invited him that he actually went. I know it was an effort of showing support for me though. He's such a sweety.

I have created a really awesome journal page and I'm looking into how much it will be to make it into a book for my own personal use and maybe a friend or too. I't much more expensive than I figured. It's like 32.00 per journal. That includes copies and binding. If anyone has any ideas on to do this for less please let me know. I'll try to put it on here and if it works, let me know if you have any suggestions for it too.

It won't work, sorry. I'll see if I can figure something else out.

Thanks and I hope everyone has a great Day!
Lisa

PhotogirlTX
10-08-2003, 08:47 AM
Woo Hoo!!!! I did it! I did it! :-) Woo Hoo!!!!! I have exercised everyday for the past 21 days.. including TODAY! AND I haven't had any chocolate either!!!!!! YEAH ME!!!!

I am not sure what my next challenge will be... I will try to think of one and post it soon..... But Today is my first successful 21 day challenge!!!!!

Lisa... that is awesome your honey went with you... that is very important to me to find someone who is fitness minded and will workout with me on a regular bases. My ex wasn't and he never encouraged me. So wtg for your hubby!

Das.... Good Luck!! You can do it girl!!

Mich Congrats on day 5!!!

mscat! Congrats on the loss!!!! See.. if you treat your body well, it will treat you well too!! Just keep up the great work and it will come off!

Marti.. I hope you had a great breakfast this morning!!!

And Red... We will miss you!!!!!

Ok girls... gotta work.. talk to you all soon!!

Cherie

xDas7x
10-08-2003, 10:18 AM
Alright! Its 10am and im pumped!! well.. i have to go to class soon.. but its weird Im awake and would rather exercise! Ive been falling off the wagon.. well.. really not exercising and maybe slipping a little on the diet (argh fries!!!!) but I am making a promise to myself to get back on track and complete my 21 day challege.. I start anew TODAY 10/08/03!! I hope everyone has a great day and good luck with your challenges!!!!

mscat816
10-08-2003, 11:07 AM
Well, I got my 3 squares in (challenge 1), and my water (challenge 2). Didn't get it in before 7 p.m. (challenge 3).:shrug:

So I've decided to continue to make it a goal to shoot for everyday, but eliminate it from my 21 challenge day. If I don't, I will continue to have to start over again - which is demotivating.

I don't remember the author, but a recent book talks about managing the 4 basic keys to weight loss and their relationship to forming good habits. The 4 keys are balanced meals, regular exercise, adequate sleep, and requred water intake. This author talks about the time it takes to form a new habit and states it is better to focus on establishing one new habit at a time. Does this not support the premise behind the 21-day challenge?:idea:

I have realized I am putting too much pressure on myself with the 3 goals. So I am going to focus on 1 and 2 for the next 19 days. Based on that realization - I have had two days of success!
:goodvibes

Best news yet, this a.m. I weighed in at 230.5!!! :dance:

PhotogirlTX - congrats on completing your 21 days.:balloons:

Lisa - I am copying your weight loss signature! ;)

Everyone - have a great Wednesday!

sw 241 9/16/03 , cw 230.5 10/0803, gw 140

Southern Butterfly
10-08-2003, 11:30 AM
PhotogirlTX - Congratulations on completing your 21 day challenge!!:bravo:

Well, I'm starting over at day 1. I didn't keep up with my water while I was gone, and unless chilidogs count as veggies, I didn't get 3 servings a day. I went on the mini-vacation with very good intentions, however, I'm my own worst enemy.

Okay, for the next 21 days, I will:
1. eat at least 2 fruits and 3 veggies.
2. drink at least 80oz of water.
3. do some kind of exercise whether it is cardio, weights, or just stetching.

Lizhorn
10-08-2003, 11:46 AM
Hello ladies!!! I joined this message board yesterday for a quick question on cellulite and hoped to fin some motivation with the success stories. I have been on a self created weight loss program since June 03. Over the past 2 wks I have become seriously unmotivated. Something about the cool weather approaching leads me to cooking and napping/laziness.(every year). As well as colds, courtesy of my 2 and 3 yr olds "school germs".
As I lurched around, I came across this post and saw it was keeping you guys motivated very well. You guys are doing great. I was in much need of motivation and you guys seemed to have done the trick.

My 21 day challenge: To continue my weight loss plan for 21 days with no "fudge" days . (no falling off the wagon)

Weight loss plan:
1400 calories a day: l/f, 5 fryits/veg, lo carbs (sugary snacks, pasta, white rice, white bread etc...) & min 8C water
run 30 min 4 days a week
weigh train 2 - 3 days a week

My goal weight is 125-130 (I am 5'5)
182/157/125-130

I have the excitement of starting something new.... thanks!!!
Good luck to you all!!!

friendsforfitness
10-08-2003, 12:08 PM
:hb: :bravo: :cp: :cb: :hat: :dance: :flow2: :dancer: :cloud9: :queen: :wizard: :balloons: :lucky: :cheers:

CONGRATULATIONS PHOTOGIRL!!! IT FEELS GREAT, DOESN'T IT!?? I KNEW YOU'D MAKE IT ALL ALONG.!!! WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!

:encore: :encore: :encore: :encore: :encore:

Welcome Lizhorn, and yes, this bunch is so fun and motivating. Glad to have ya here. Our leader is away for awhile, but she'll be back. She's on a trip fromJapan to here in the united states. Her Nickname is Redballoon. You'll do great on your challenges I just know it!! You are much braver than I, but then again so are most of the chicks here. I can only handle one challenge at a time. Which,BTW I have already done for today. I did the WATP video.

Mscat- Good for you for easing up a little on yourself!

Southern butterfly- glad you're back! Day 21 will be here before ya know it!

xxdas7xx- I haven't gotten to the point of prefering to exercise yet, I can't wait until I do though, good for you that you are!

I'm out, catch ya later,
Lisa

Marti
10-08-2003, 01:46 PM
Congratulations Cherie!! 21 days down!!!
:bravo: :cp: :cb: :hat: :dance: :grouphug: :high: :hat: :balloons:

Feels great doesn't it!! I knew you could do it!! You have such motivation and drive!!

Lizhorn- Welcome!! Glad to see you here!! I'm like Lisa, can only handle one challenge at a time.....

SB- Glad to see you here again!

mscat- the book you read does sound a lot like what we're doing here doesn't it? I have no idea,,,, but maybe. As I said before, for 21 days, I have to focus on only one thing at a time. And when I go to the next challenge... I will keep up with the last ones, but make my new challenge the "PRIORITY" challenge. Does that make sense? So, I'm still drinking my water(my last challenge)but focusing more on breakfast.

Whew... didn't mean to get into an explaination! Sorry.

Xdas7x- Good to see you!! (see? can I see you all?? ok in my mind I can) I looked at your memorial site you have for your friend.. That is a wonderful way to keep his memory!

Mallory- How did the interview go?? Good I hope. congrats on day 5.

Ok... this is day 16 for me and breakfast went down. But I almost had to start over!!! I was going over my notes for my test today (which I know I failed miserably) and I was so into looking everything, that I lost track of time!! I started packing my stuff up and thought,,, man, I need to eat. Especially before a test... So... reluctantly, I ate a bowl of cereal. So day 16 down.

alright, time to hit the books. My daughter always offers to help me out with my homework!! She could probably do it better than I can. I've been out of school too long to remember everything.!!

Take care
Marti

michireiko
10-08-2003, 01:53 PM
Congrats photogirl! 21 days seem to fly by!
:encore::encore::encore::encore::encore::encore::e ncore:

Lisa, wow he went with you!? I have to beg my husband and most of the time he pretends not to hear me! He's only taken a walk with me a couple of times. One time he drove me to the track and waited in the car. :lol:

xDas7x, good starting again!! Just remember - you're onederland bound! You might try the dietpower software out. That might help you keep up with some things.

mscat816, don't worry! You got some of your goals done and some is better than none! It's good you're still going to keep eating before 7 PM a goal but not a 21 day challenge. At least you're still workin at it! Congrats on the weight loss!!

Southern Butterfly, don't fret! You're still trying and that's great! Once you get going, you won't have any problems :D

Lizhorn, welcome!! No fudge days... sounds tough! But you can do it! I was looking at your goal weight and thinking "Maybe I should put my height down, too... people probably think I'll be too skinny!" I'm 5'2" and my doctor said I should weigh somewhere between 115-120. I don't think I want to be that little :lol:

Marti, how's reading coming along? Hope you're liking the book! We were posting at the same time - the interview went GREAT! When I first got there, there was a lady who looked about 30 or so, and she was dressed really nice and she looked good, and I was thinking, "No! Competition!" Well, this lady was just ASKING about the job! After she left, it was time for my interview...

It went really well. We talked for an hour and a half. I got there at 10:30 and didn't leave until noon. He asked me if he could call me references, and I said sure. He also said he knew the lady that was in the office when I got there and he didn't think she could handle this kind of work. That's good news for me.

Well, when I left, I went to Rolla to see my old teacher *who was also one of my references* and give her a copy of my book. I talked to my old buddy Richard and I was printing up my book and the in-classroom phone rang. Stephanie (teacher) answered it and was talking for a long time, and as I was walking past her, she goes "She's not the kind of person you have to keep telling to get to work. You don't have to tell her what to do, either. She'll work and work until she runs out of stuff to do and then she'll ask what to do next. Once she gets started she doesn't quit." and I was thinking hmmmmm is that about me?... Sure enough, it was! Stephanie told me that John *The guy* was really impressed and really liked me. I haven't heard anything back yet but I'm sure I'll get it! He said he just needed to give some other people some time to apply.

See ya'll later ^_~
Mallory

michireiko
10-08-2003, 06:18 PM
Day 6 complete! bwahahaha Almost a week down! I did another mile on WATP. My mom has heart problems so we're going to only do the 1 mile walk for a few days and then go to the 2 mile.

friendsforfitness
10-08-2003, 08:25 PM
Hiya Chickees!!!

Michi- you rock girl! Keep it up!

Day three is a success! I did the 1 mile WATP video, but I also went for a 2 mile bike ride and did some crunches this morning, so overall I've had a very fit day, if I do say so myself! :lol:

Have a great night all!

Lisa

PhotogirlTX
10-08-2003, 09:25 PM
Thanks everyone for your congrats!!! You made me feel special! :-) It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and Red was right, after you get into the double digits, the days seem to fly! :-) I haven't decided on my next 21 day challenge, because I have been focusing on the week at a time challenges. I have company coming at the end of the month, and I don't want to do the chocolate challenge again, because that is something that I might possibly want, and don't want to have to feel bad. So the only thing I can think of is to exercise every single day again, for the next 21 days. But this time, I mean do some form of cardio or video, preferably cardio. So I don't even think I will take any days off... I will just start with tomorrow as day ONE!!!

Lisa... I love your new picture!!!!! You are really doing well on your exercise! Isn't it a little addicting?

Mallory... congrats on day 6!!! You are doing great.... and good luck with the job.. I hope you get it! Sounds like you had a very promising interview!

Marti.. good luck with school.... and GREAT JOB on remembering breakfast!!! You need to look into getting some breakfast bars that you can just grab on days like today.... they are really good. That is what I used to grab before heading off to the gym and it was perfect.

Liz... great goal!!! Boy that will be tough, but we are here for you!!! Good Luck!

Butterfly.... You can do it.. everyone has an off weekend, now you just get the chance to begin anew!!

mscat.... good idea to not overload yourself.... the two goals you have going are GREAT ones! Keep up the hard work!

Das7 You can do it!!! Back on the wagon you go!!! We are here to give you the support you need! :-)

Ok.. everyone, my girls are asleep.. so it's time to go workout!!!

Have a great night!

Cherie

Marti
10-08-2003, 09:56 PM
Lisa-
You are stunning! I love the picture!! I love seeing faces. Helps give an idea of who we're communicating with. I just had to pop in and comment!!

Take care everyone and I'll chat with you in the morning!

Marti

friendsforfitness
10-09-2003, 08:09 AM
Thinking Thin Thursday! :)

Thanks Cherie & Marti, I'm not so sure about stunning. I wanted a different pic that wasn't so snobby looking. This one's kinda old. About 2 1/2 to 3 yrs old and approximately 30 pounds lighter. So it is a motivator for me at the same time. I'm not sure if I posted last night or not, but I did my WATP video yesterday so it's onto day 4 for me today. I'm feeling pretty good about it so far.

Lisa

xDas7x
10-09-2003, 10:29 AM
Hey all! Checkin in REAL quick here I dont have time to read the posts but when I have some time I most def will! Just wanted to say Day 2 and going strong! I havent been feeling too good since yesterday just.. tummy sick.. i dunno took some pepto lastnight and i slept good but its back this morning. Hopefully once I get moving and out the door itll stop. So todays goal 20 situps 5 pushups, I did em yesterday and I can do them today! Im planning to ATTEMPT a 30-60min walking exercise or even tae bo.. we'll see how that plays out later on. Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!! Thank u all so much for ur support, u ladies are the best!!!!

Southern Butterfly
10-09-2003, 10:38 AM
I got up this morning and walked for ten minutes followed by 20min upperbody workout. Exercise makes the water challenge not really a challenge. 80oz is down in no time.

Lisa - what is WATP?

Thanks, everyone, for being so supportive.

Marti
10-09-2003, 12:11 PM
Morning everyone-

Today is day 17! Only four more days and I've reached my goal!! I can't believe it. Already!! It feels like I just finished with my first goal! Time flys.

Well today was good. I actually made myself some oatmeal. Blah I know but it was good. And I had some coffee with it. I think it's easier on the days I have classes later in the morning. (classes start at 10 on Tues/Thurs)

Sbutterfly-Cherie-Lisa-Mallory-xdas7x-mscat-lizhorn-sandybrat-Redballoon----- (hope I didn't miss anyone)

You ALL have a wonderful day today. We're all doing so well on our challenges!! Keep up the good work and know I'm cheering you on here in Oregon!!!

Take Care
Marti

friendsforfitness
10-09-2003, 12:40 PM
Southernbutterfly the WATP video is a Walk Away the Pounds video and I think it's by Leslie Sansone? You can look it up on the net by it's title. It's a walking video that you do at home in front of your tv. There's a 1 mile,2 mile,3 mile and I even heard of a 4 mile one. I just have the 1,2, & 3 right now. I just got the set for 25 bucks at walmart. I got it because it's a great back up for when the weather doesn't permit or time doesn't permit for an outdoor walk. The 1 mile only takes 15 minutes.Soon it will be dark out when I get home and I'll have to get some sort of reflective gear for outside walking but otherwise I can always do these videos. I like them so far.

Hope this helps,
Lisa

Hotcupojava
10-09-2003, 01:07 PM
I've been lurking and reading these posts, but I've not posted. Hope it's okay to just jump in. I have all the WATP tapes including the four mile. I like it. It's just a little bit different and it IS a challenge, at least for me. It varies because you travel during the side steps, you do a grape vine during some double side steps and some of the kick backs are a much more challenging DOUBLE kick backs. That one's a little hard on my knees. It takes a bit more balance. But I love all the tapes. And my apologies to Leslie, but I do wish she didn't chat so much. When you do the tapes every day, you have the chit chat memorized and it gets old. I wish there was a way to not listen to the tape, but I need to hear the beat and instruction. Thanks for listening everyone. I love this site! Mary in West Virginia

PhotogirlTX
10-09-2003, 08:41 PM
Ok... I had chocolate today. It is so weird what a draw it has on me. When I was on the challenge, it called to me, but I could resist. But the day after the challenge, it was too much. I had two snack sized bars, one of almond joy and one of reeses peanut butter cup. So, overall, I had one full sized candy bar. And you know what.. I really wasn't that good... and the bad thing was, even though it wasn't that good.. the sugar spike just made me crave it all the more, and to crave other food that I normally wouldn't eat. So today, I have been fighting cravings to want to overeat, and just stuff my face. I think I have done ok.. just the candy bar, and a couple ounces of extra cheese.

So.. I am starting another challenge tomorrow. It's basically the same as the last one, but I have found that I NEED to declare this in order to achieve it.

1) Exercise everyday, cardio or a pilates/abs video

2) No Chocolate Candy PERIOD

There. I said it. Mentally I now know it's off limits again, and I can say no to it. I've got to get back in the right mind set.. or I will be prone to fall off the wagon really really bad!!!!

Ok... I need to get my girls into bed... I don't have time for individual hellos... but welcome to all the new members... and WTG to all the old ones!!!! :-)

Hugs,
Cherie

michireiko
10-09-2003, 11:13 PM
day 7 success *falls over dead*

PhotogirlTX
10-10-2003, 09:04 AM
And again, my mind is a very weird thing. Because I have set out on this challenge again... I can look chocolate in the face and not want to reach out for it. This is something I need to work on... my self control towards chocolate.

Mallory... WTG on Day 7! :-) And I know that feeling WELL!!!!

Everyone Have a great Friday!!!!

Cherie

Southern Butterfly
10-10-2003, 10:17 AM
Day 2 was a success. Day 3 is starting off well. I did cardio and abs this morning. BF and I are looking at joing a gym together. Maybe this will help stave off boredom.

Cherie - Good luck with your new challenge! I'm with you on needing the challenge to stay away from chocolate (I have a prob with ALL sweets).

Michi - congrats on completing day 7!!

Hotcupojava - welcome!! We're glad to have you!

Lisa - thanks for the info. I'm looking for different at home workouts. I love walking, however we don't have sidewalks in our neighborhood, so I don't like walking in the dark.

Marti - you're almost there! You're doing great!!

Lizhorn
10-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Okay....so far okay day 2 is begining (I had to wait so I could start fresh at the begining of a day). Yesterday went well with caloric intake and I did my weight training routine for 35 minutes. However still feeling a bit out of energy (I was sick all last week) so thinking I may postpone my running program for a few more days. (It is still quite difficult for me WITHOUT coming off a sick week) Maybe I will try walking for a few days instead. hmmmm?

WATP??? Is it along with a treadmill???

Looks like you ladies are doing great! Glad to know others need a "challenge" in orger to stay on track also. I have always needed a short term "something" in view to keep me on track for the overall haul. :)

I say..... CONGRATULATIONS on getting of your duff and doing something !!!!! We should all be proud for the effort.

Liz

Height 5'5
182/156/127

Marti
10-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Morning-

Guess what happened. I left the house for school without eating any breakfast.!:nono: Just slipped my mind...But!! Wait--- I didn't go without. As soon as I got to school and I seen I had a little time left so I stopped in at the deli there and bought a blueberry muffin.:cp:

Almost had you fooled eh? :D (just kidding) But I did succeed at breakfast even though it was a total slip up.

Mary--Welcome!! I hope you decide to join the thread. We'd love to have you.

You are all doing so well. I'm so proud!!!:smug:

I need to get going... daughter calling...

Take Care
Marti

friendsforfitness
10-10-2003, 02:09 PM
Day four was a success. I went to the nearby park here at work and walked 1.25 miles.

Lizhorn, no it's walking in place or a side step or two.
MNJ- Good catch on that breakfast!

You go Michi! Is it getting easier?

Cherie-I have a couple of questions for ya as far as exercise goes.
If I'm right, I think there are 3 types of exercise I should be doing weekly, Cardio which like walking and arobics, strength and or toning? and resistance??? So you see where I need some clarification there to begin with.

Then I was wondering where floor exercises, like leg lifts,crunches,knee raisies,ect fall in?

Also I was wondering how much of each per week should I be trying to get in???

I hope you can help, I am tryin to get a well rounded exercise routine in place. Thanks for anything you got though,

Lisa

Marti
10-10-2003, 04:16 PM
Lisa-
I was speaking to James about your question... because I was curious myself. Here is what he had to say.

Aerobic excercises are excercises that you do continuously to get your heart rate up, such as running, walking, jumping, steps, etc. A nonstop movement excercise.

Anaerobic excercises is resistance training. Like crunches, squats, lunges and leg lifts. They tighten the muscles, but doesn't do anything to the fat. You can still see results, but the fat is still there. To actually lose the fat AND get toned, you need to do both.

He says you could do either one on its own, but to get the results most are looking for, doing both is what you need to do.

Now, I've never heard of anaerobic so this was an educational question for me.

I plan on going on some kind of routine with James once we start up our gym membership. I plan on doing aerobic every other day, and the other days weight lifting. Last time we worked out at the gym, I preferred weight lifting. I actually ENJOYED lifting. And I was able to see the muscle devolpe nicely but I was always fussing about poochy legs, or arms. And he kept telling me to do aerobics. Need to get my heart rate up to burn the fat. So,, that is my plan.

Didn't mean to butt in and answer the question, but I was curious too and so I thought I would share. If anyone has anything to add to that, feel free. I could use all the education!!!

Hope it helps.

Marti

PhotogirlTX
10-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Lisa.. Marti is right.. there is areobic and anerobic. And you need BOTH... You can tone and tighten all you want, but if you have a layer of fat over your muscles, your not gonna see it. So you need the cardio (areobic) to burn the fat, and you need the anerobic toning to tighten and build muscles. Now, as for your question about the three different types... cardo, toning and weight training, I know women should do weight training to keep their bone density up. I haven't gotten to the point of lifting weights yet.. I am concentrating on the cardio to burn the fat, and the pilates to tone my muscles. Once I get closer to my goal, I think I will start using the weight machines for resistance and further toning that I can't get just by doing floor exercises.. I have a friend downstairs who lifts everyday.. and one day soon, I am going to have him show me how to do the machines downstairs.... I know how to use them.. but hey.. how many times do you get the chance of having a handsome and muscled man show ya how? hehehe.. I am bad, I know! :-)

Marti, wtg on the breakfast save!!!

Liz, it sounds like you are doing great!! Tell me about your running program. Before I got pregnant with my youngest, I was up to 7 miles a day.. now, I am just walking an hour a day trying to get the extra weight off.. then I am going to try to get back into the jogging. I miss it, but I don't want to over do my knees.

Butterfly.. GREAT JOB!!!! Hope you and your BF find a good gym!

Ok.. you know what... I didn't want chocolate all day long.. even with some of the stressful things that happened today... Wow.. just weird! Hahaha..

Ok everyone... have a great weekend, and I will check back tomorrow!

Hugs,
Cherie

friendsforfitness
10-10-2003, 09:45 PM
Hi all,

I am so beat tonight. I can barely type this. I just got done about 10 minutes ago (showered after) with my 1 mile WATP video. It's 9:38 here. At 6pm I did floor exercises for 45 minutes and at 6:30 am I did 28 crunches. This challenge is really pushing me hard. After all my floor exercises when I got home the last thing I wanted to do was walk fast. Hubby encouraged me gently and on I went. Man I love him! :)

Thanks so much for all the info MNJ and Marti you've been a great help. I still have one more question, how much of each should I be doing a week? Any clues? I am so tired.

Good night,
Lisa

PS I'm sending fun vibes to Redballoon.....:goodvibes:

michireiko
10-11-2003, 12:14 AM
Day 8 complete. I didn't do any WATP this evening. I did dishes ;) dishes are always a struggle for me. I hate doing them >:( I had a few sinkfuls to do because I don't keep up with them at all. In Japan, dishwashers are pretty rare, and my friend Mayu said that was one of the reasons Japanese people stayed in shape so easily. They do regular housework with out use of machines too often. I think she said elevators are almost non-existant.

Glad to see everyone's doing so well. Off to get some rest!

Marti
10-11-2003, 03:09 AM
Popping in again.. it's late, 11:50pm. Just wanted to comment to Cherie that with all the workouts that you're doing now, once you start weight lifting, you'll wonder why you haven't done it sooner!! It's really addicting and your endorphins fly high!! You just feel awsome afterwards. (wondering why I'm not doing them myself??) Actually, I started using my little weights that I have here at home to start toning my arms before we get our gym membership back.

Lisa- I'm not exactly sure how much you need to do of each. James just tells me to concentrate on one each day.... like do cardio one day, and toning & weight lifting the next. I guess just alternate the days you do it. I usually like to spend 15/20 mins. doing cardio, then spend the last 40mins. of lifting. Get a whole hour of working out. I didn't do more than that in a day unless James is working out hard, then I usually end the workouts with more cardio. Do you have a gym you can join? I would suggest you sign up if you do. Grag you hubby with you and you'd be amazed once he gets going.... He'll feel good too. And if it's a time issue, getting at least 15 mins. of cardio is worth something. I used to jog on the treadmill on my 15mins. breaks when I was working. (we had a gym at work) People thought James and I were crazy, since we worked 12hrs. shifts. But it felt good. And I always slept good too.

Well looky here, here I am giving advice on what good, when I have yet to do it myself..... but eventually we'll start going to the gym. Starting Monday, I will be getting up at 5:00am to do some morning walks around the neighborhood. Need to find my pedometer and my MP3 player and just go!!

Ok, time for bed....
You all have a good night and I'll chat with you tomorrow.

Take care
Marti

friendsforfitness
10-11-2003, 08:15 AM
Thanks MNJ. Wow 5 am!! That would kill me. I'm struggling with all these 6am mornings as it is.

Michi- Congrats on another day of success!

I have already gotten up at 6am and did my 1 mile WATP video so that's another day accomplished. I had no idea how hard this challenge was going to be for me, but I'm sure I'll be glad I did it... one day. I can't wait until I get to the point of actually enjoying exercise, any clues on how long that will take???

Have a super Saturday Everyone,
Lisa

Lizhorn
10-11-2003, 11:07 AM
Day 2 .....Do I start over or whats the norm??? I was doing well until I went to meet a friend at On The Border and just had to have a margarita....put me over my caloric intake for the day so day 2 was a bust. Today(Day 3 or maybe 1)..so far so good 1 bannana w/pb and 40 min weight training. :)

Cherie: I got it off of the runnerworld.com website, 6 wks, walk/run to 30 slowly reducing the amount of walking time. If you are interested and don't find it let me know I will send it to you. 7 miles wow!!! I am thinking 5 is my goal. Koodos to you!!

Lisa: enjoying excersice...maybe it's not time and it's the excersice, maybe you need it disguised as tennis or hiking??? For me its disguised as time away from my 3 little rugrats. :) (new stay at home mom) Kudos for getting up at 6:00 a.m. to excersice

Congrats to all that are succeeding!!!! Have a good weekeend.

Liz

Marti
10-11-2003, 11:47 AM
Let's see when did I start enjoying.....(because I didn't when I started).... when I started seeing results. It does something to you.... you start seeing your arms looking more toned.. you see your thighs become two seperated thighs! (did you know that we actually have two thighs??):lol:

That's why I mentioned the tape measure. That was a great tool to have when losing weight.

Ok,,, need to make breakfast!!

Talk to you all later
Marti

Southern Butterfly
10-11-2003, 12:29 PM
Bf and I joined a gym last night. It's one that I used to go to and loved, but then I moved out of the area. Now we've moved back to this side of town (thankfully). Our plan is to get up and go in the mornings. I have to go and get him some workout clothes (he doesn't own anything he can workout in). I had class this morning, so we are going to go tonight.

Lisa - the normal reccommendation is to do cardio at least 3x a week and weight training either every other day or at least 3x a week for a min of 20mins. That's what my textbook says, at least. (I'm taking a Concepts of Fitness and Wellness class that is a general education requirement here.) How the authors find that much time? I'm still trying to find that answer in this blasted book.

I'd better get to studying for these midterms.

mscat816
10-12-2003, 01:23 AM
Greetings to all - Been out of commission today and just now checking in - have some downer issues - see mscathywac's journal if you want details but I really don't want to depress anyone else. So I am moving on and starting over with my 3fc sisters uplifting me all the way:smug:

Will check in later Sunday and looking forward to posting a great report as well as reading all your successes. Thank you for being there.

Have a great day!

Cat

sw241/last checked w 231.5/ cw ???? wont get on the scale/gw 140

Marti
10-12-2003, 12:41 PM
Can you believe that it day 20 for me?? I cannot. And it wasn't an easy road either!! If it weren't for this place and this thread... I wouldn't have done it at all!
I must think of a new challenge... but I believe I will give myself a day or two to think about what it is that I want to do. I have one in mind.... just need to think it over.

One more day ladies!! And I've succeeded two challenges!!
Whoohoo!!

Ok... must take a shower. And visit my family. Take Care
marti

mscat816
10-12-2003, 09:35 PM
My company is gone and we are not having any more out of town guests for several weeks! :cb: I do believe that I can get 21 days done this time without weekend distractions. Starting over on Monday since we went to the dreaded pancake house for lunch. Not a great way to start your better eating day.:ink: :ink: :ink:

So my challenge for the next 21 days is not to eat after 7 p.m. and get that darn 96 oz of water in. I am switching from trying to get the 3 meals in because it is just as unhealthy to get eat at 9 p.m. as it is to skip a meal. I think eating too late is worse than skipping and I was constantly running into that problem. I am packing my lunch tonight and preparing for dinner tomorrow as well. So wish me luck!
:lucky:
Marti - it is so awesome you are finishing up another 21-day challenge! Thank you a million times over for your response to my journal entry - I was able to stop crying and feel empowered to keep on keeping on!
:sunny:

Southern Butterfly - can you give me the heads up on the looser club (if you don't mind)?:?:

Liz - My understanding here is you are your own judge :judge: - I started over about 3 times in the last week because I felt I was not succeeding personally - but I also realized my goals were not realistic for where I am - beating up on myself too much. No one here is going to criticize you - we only want to help you live up to your own, reasonable expectations.
:grouphug:
Lisa - According to someone (steven covey?) it takes 21 days to form a habit - hence the 21-day challenge? Perhaps then - or when you feel remiss about not exercising? Perhaps not until you find the right exercise that really moves you. I work out on the bowflex and the treadmill because I should - but I play my Tai Bo and Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies" tapes because I actually enjoy them!:goodvibes

Have a wonderful Monday! Chat with you then.

Cat

friendsforfitness
10-12-2003, 10:08 PM
YAY FOR MNJ..........(heyyyy that rhymes..:lol: )

Mscat you'll get it this time I just know it!

As for me... well, I've been not feeling well, and the last thing I could do was walk tonight. I think it's been my gallstones acting up again. When i woke up I was fine so I knocked out 35 crunches but about 3 hours later I went downhill fast. Very bloated tummy, pains in under my shoulder blade and around to my side, just awful. So I guess I will try to start again tomorrow. I think I will make an ammendment to my challenge though, if it's ok with everyone. i think i will just require myself to exercise for 21 days straight, that way I can alternate cardio and floor exercises, and walking. I hope tomorrow I will feel better, if not I'm waiting this pain out before I begin my challenge again.

Have a nice evening,
Lisa

michireiko
10-13-2003, 12:24 AM
Get better Lisa >: (

Everyone is doing well! Don't worry if you slip a bit, I've done that a few times.

I got in a 2 mile walk with WATP today. I almost died!! Yesterday I cleaned out the garage so that was my exercise for yesterday. So I'm still on track. So day 10 success! Hot and sexy double digits :D

PhotogirlTX
10-13-2003, 09:02 AM
As of today..... Saturday wasn't a good day for me, and for only the second time since the first of September, I let one full day go by without doing any type of exercise. I was a little down about my weight, and then I had a sick 3 yr old to take care of. She had a fever and was thowing up, and wanted to be held all day.. so I just decided to give myself a day off of everything and take care of her and let my body rest. So, I am starting over. My 21 day challenge is to exercise everyday.... and again, no chocolate candy. I think I will say that Yesterday was the first day of my challenge, because I did get my pilates in and 45 minutes on the elliptical machine last night. So... This will be day two!!

Everyone.. I don't have a lot of time for individual hi's... except I wanted to tell Marti:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! 21 Days Completed!!! WTG!

Talk to you all soon!

Cherie

Marti
10-13-2003, 09:58 AM
Yes!! I did it!! 21 days completed!!! :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :hat: :cp: :cp:

And what a challenge it was. I ate some "Honeycomb" cereal this morning. I have got to get rid of that!!

I'm just posting a quick post this morning since I've got to head off for school!! Just wanted to say "I did it!"

I will do individuals after school. Take Care everyone!!! You all mean sooo much to me!!! Thanks for being here. :grouphug:

Marti

Southern Butterfly
10-13-2003, 10:17 AM
Bf and I went to the gym and worked out for 2hrs both Sat and Sun. This morning I just did a lot of stretching. My body is sooo sore. We were planning on going to go to the gym, but we were both very sore from all the working out this weekend.

Congratulations, Marti!!!!

mscat - good luck on your challenge. The looser club thing is just something that I put up there. The looser part means that I'm a pound looser.

Lisa - I hope you're feeling better.

Cherie - I hope your little girl feels better.

Lizhorn
10-13-2003, 12:22 PM
Well I ended up balancing out my overage on caloric intake for Friday but would still rather start over fresh, on a new week. I am feeling a bit more up to speed this week so I will be able to incorporate the running into my "21 day challenge". However my husband and I are taking our 2 older boys to the state fair thurs or fri, so that is a definate skip day, for sure I will go over my calories for that day. :)

So day 1 again!!!

Mscat - thanks!! also thanks for the reply to Lisa, I was kind of curious where the "21 day" thing came from. Kind of puts it into perspective a bit. I was at the another end of the spectrum.

Marti - congratulations on finishing!!!!

Lisa - take care of yourself....gallstones can be miserable!!!!

Cherie - good choice on taking a day off. I have a 3 yr old and when he is sick its all I can do to get a shower. :) Sometimes they need a little extra TLC anyway as you do also.

SouthernButterfly - 2 hrs WOW that's great! What does Bf stand for??? I am kind of new to the computer chat.

mscat816
10-13-2003, 02:07 PM
This morning started out great with breakfast (M.N.J.'s favorite - Oatmeal;) ) , 2 asian pears, and coffee w/skim milk and splenda. I was worried about getting my 3 servings of protein in so I had a piece of leftover meatloaf on my way out.

I packed a lunch to take to work and I began working on a 1.5 quart bottle of half frozen water to boot. Unfortunately, when I got to work my irritable bowel set in and my ditropan did not! Between the diarrhea and multiple trips to restroom after drinking only about 24 oz I was miserable and in need of a bath by 10:30!:censored:

So I left work, came home to an unpleasant surprize - SO did not go to work-:mad: I wont bore everyone with the details why this is such an issue. Took a short shower and then a long relaxing bath. Made an appointment with obgyn to check on my bladder problem, and had a great lunch. I have 1 serving of protein, 1 fruit, and 1 vegetable left to get in before 7 p.m. and it's only 2! Despite everything else I feel really good about that.

M.N.J. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :dance: :balloons:

Lisa - Feel better soon!

Michireiko - You are half-way there! You Go Girl!''

Southern Butterfly - Thanks for the answer - I can't wait to be a part of that club!

PhotogirlTX - Hope your little one feels better.

Liz - I like your attitude about starting over!

Have a great day!

Cat

241/234/140

Marti
10-13-2003, 03:19 PM
Good afternoon ladies-

I just had to ask cat... what does SO stand for?? I hope your unpleasant surprise didn't ruin your day. Just remember that you have a bunch of friends here that care about you and you can talk to us at anytime!! Sending you a big hug from us all
(((((:grouphug: )))))

Lizhorn- You do have a great attitude about starting over. You don't seem to dwell on it and that is so good. That will help keep the motivation going!! Keep it up. BTW.., BF stands for Boyfriend.

SouthB- How wonderful that you and your BF are working out together!! And for 2hrs!? My goodness, no wonder you're so sore!! Make sure you keep up with stretching.... relaxes the pain a little.

Cherie-Everyone needs a day of rest especially when a little one is sick. Plus, you went from one challenge right on to the next with no much of rest period. So.... rest up!! Get your body feeling better and take care of the little one.

Mallory--Good for you on day 10!! I love that "hot & sexy double digits" I never looked at that way!! You're half way there!!! Keep it up.

Lisa- If your body is hurting, I would try just relaxing. Put the challenge on "hold" and when you feel better then you can start. Because you're just going to feel more miserable if you try to over do it!! Be careful.

Well, I'm going to take a day or two off to figure out what my next challenge will be. I want to keep excercise out and keep that with the weekly challenge,,,I want to concentrate on something that's more difficult that hinders me in my change of eating. Water and breakfast were big problems with me. Keeping up with the water, let's see how I do with the breakfast.
I'll keep checking in to see how everyone is progressing.

Take Care everyone
Marti

mscat816
10-13-2003, 03:58 PM
M.J.N. - SO is Significant Other - and don't worry, I did not let it ruin my day! I was not happy about the circumstances but it was no big deal - same old situation - different day. I put it aside and I am celebrating a great Day 1!:D

Cat

michireiko
10-14-2003, 12:19 AM
I'm soooooooo mad.

My husbands friend cussed me out on AIM because I mentioned his name in my journal over a month ago and his girlfriend JUST NOW broke up with him for it.

Thank you, Kyle, for being a moron. You've made me officially decide to take kickboxing :D

I haven't exercised yet. I need to do that!

michireiko
10-14-2003, 06:53 AM
Exercised. Day 11 success.

PhotogirlTX
10-14-2003, 09:04 AM
Ok... Going strong! This go around I seem to be having a problem with craving chocolate, but I won't let it get to me! I got all my exercising in yesterday, and I have already done my pilates this morning!! Off to a good start!

Mallory.... wtg on Day 11!!! Now you have me curious... why would his girlfriend break up with him?? Sounds like he is an *** and deserved it. Sorry he cursed you out.. no one deserves that kind of treatment!

Mscat! Congrats on DAY 1!! You are doing great!! One day at a time, and next thing you know it it will be day 21!

Marti, you are right we do need a day of rest... I am back on track and dedicated again. Hope you get your rest in and come back strong!

Liz.... we are all starting out this challenge together...so we can do it. I ran for about 20 minutes of my hour yesterday on the treadmill.... have to say it felt great! I think I may try to run longer today to see how much more I can do!

Butterfly... GREAT JOB!!! Glad you are enjoying the gym again!!! Maybe one day when I can afford it, I will join one! Right now, I will just use the few machines available in our fitness room at the apartment complex.

Ok... time for work... everyone have a great day!

Cherie

Southern Butterfly
10-14-2003, 10:21 AM
Lucky 7. Yeah, I'm a third of the way through!!! I definitly got the 10minutes of moving in today, the water is over half way down for the day (all that exercise!), and fruits and veggies are planned.

Photogirl - you can beat the chocolate! You're doing great with the workouts. You've been a real inspiration to me. :spin: It's great that you have a workout room in your complex. We moved into an apartment that's attached to a house, so I lost my workout room.

Michi - you're over half way there! Great job!:cp: Kickboxing is a great way to deal with such morons.

MNJ - enjoy the rest. You deserve it!:flow1:

Lizhorn - Bf stands for boyfriend. Have fun at the fair. :twirly:

Mscat - great job on day 1!! :dancer:

mscat816
10-14-2003, 11:27 AM
I had a great day one. Topped off the afternoon with a 25 minute mile on the treadmill and finished up my meals by 7:15 p.m. - counting that as a victory. Managed to get in a few cucumbers to complete my 3 servings of veggies,and baked sliced apples & pears as dessert to round out my 3 servings of fruit! Did cheat a little with a piece of chocolate (hubby and kid couldn't eat it in another room :devil: ) and kettle popcorn (its all gone now, TG!) Water was tough because of my overactive bladder but by bedtime I had all 96 oz in. :D

If that wasn't enough, I weighed in this a.m. at 229!:dance: I have finally broken my never-ending plateau! The trick of course is maintaining it but completing Day 2 will make that easy.

After weighing in I was inspired so I started out my day with 3 egg whites scrambled and oatmeal. I had one MWL nutrient bar and I am working on my first 16 oz of water. I am on my way!

Butterfly - YGG!

PhotogirlTX - sorry about my chocolate indiscretion. :( You must be very strong! :strong:

Michireiko - He sounds like a jerk and his girlfriend was probably looking for an excuse to get him out of her life.

I am short on time so I will just say to everyone "have a great Day ____ !

Cat

241/229 :cb: /140

friendsforfitness
10-14-2003, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm back and ready to try again. I spent the last two days with a "bug". The bathroom and I have spent a lot of time bonding. I'm over it now, thankfully and to jump start my program I am on a liquid diet for today and I did 13 crunches ( for some odd reason it's all I could do??) I also did my 1 mile WATP video.

So my challenge for the next 21 days will be to xexercise everyday.

Day 1 has been a success.
Lisa

xDas7x
10-14-2003, 05:34 PM
Hello Hello!! Im still here :waves: Not doing too good with the challenge though *sigh* but third time is a charm right?? And so I start from here. 20 situps and 5 pushups and at least working out an hour a day or 30min 3x a week. Its so hard though.. and I've been getting lazy (what an ugly word). I need to catch back up again with everything.. its just ugh its getting cold out and it makes you not want to do a damn thing.. but I have to start thinking.. if i dont do anything now.. it wont pay off.. but if i keep it up.. when its warm again i want to be happy with my weight!

BTW I just read the above post, Lisa I hope you are feeling better!!! :)

michireiko
10-14-2003, 06:17 PM
Photogirl - his girlfriend breaks up with him literally once every week. She just looks for reasons to hurt his feelings (she is only 17 and thinks it's funny. In high school it's cool to be a '*****'. High school girls haven't met a real *****.) and he just wants someone to blame.

Dont worry Das - I started over a few times, too, and now I'm more than half way done :D:D:D:D

Tonight I'm making a healthy dinner for my husband because he's been working so hard. He's been working on his days off because I still don't have a job :(

PhotogirlTX
10-14-2003, 11:03 PM
Day Three is going to bed. I worked out, and I didn't touch chocolate! Yeah me!

Mallory.... good luck with finding a job... sending out prayers to you!!! You husband sounds like a wonderful guy!!!! You two are very lucky!

Das you can do it!!!! The cold is actually making me want to work out more.... so I am a little weird! :)

Lisa dear.. hope you are feeling better now. Sorry you had a tummy bug.. those are nasty!!! Take care of yourself!

Mscat... don't worry about the chocolate. I am having a REALLY tough time right now with it... but this challenge is keeping me on the straight and narrow. And besides... it will always be there when I am ready to have some. So I am really not missing out on a thing. It sounds like you are having a great challenge yourself, so keep up the great work!

Butterfly... you are doing great! Almost to the double digits!!!

Ok.. time for me to go to bed... I have a headache trying to form and I want to make it go away!!! Talk to you all tomorrow!

Cherie

PhotogirlTX
10-15-2003, 08:43 AM
Well, I have already done my pilates this morning, so half my goal is done for the day. The other half is avoiding chocolate. Will keep you posted! :-)

Everyone Have a great Day!! Make it count!

Cherie

Southern Butterfly
10-15-2003, 10:04 AM
Today started off good. 30min on the treadmill (1mile at 12mph) and 30min of weights. Then I ate something bad for breakfast:o :( I'm just going to work the cals and fat into my daily allotment. It's still not a hopless day.

Everyone seems to be doing great. I really should get some work done!

mscat816
10-15-2003, 04:01 PM
I was estatic this a.m. Got on the scale and I am still 229! :cb: This is the first time in three months that I have passed my problem plateau (230) and maintained my loss for more than 2 days! If that is not a motivating factor.

I had a small breakfast (no protein :( ) and ate 2 salads at once this afternoon :ink: (I was starving!). But I am almost done with my 3 meals and I should have no problem getting the last meal in before 7 p.m. I still need to do a little movement so my goal is to go home early and get at least 20 minutes of treadmill in. Then it will be a challenge plus day!

I feel so good I am even going to weigh in at MWL. It will be intersting to see what it is then. Also the patch for my bladder is working great!

You all are doing so beautifully! Have a great Day!

Cat

241/229/140

friendsforfitness
10-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Really busy, Hi to everyone!

Day 2 is a success. I mile walk and 30 crunches.

Lisa

Lizhorn
10-15-2003, 04:10 PM
Day 3 So far so good!! No running yet!!! I was fine Sun & Mon but yesterday and today feeling achy and tired again (3rd wk in a row) I was sick the first week w/ a cold probably reminents of that. Diet and weight training are going well. Boys are on fall break from MDO so yesterday I had to wake up at 5:15 to go to the early morning body sculpting class, WOW I was really tired, had to nap when the boys did, but got in weight training. :)

mscat - WTG on breaking through!!! Loss in weight is aways inspiring for the day!! (and sometimes the next) :) :) :)

Lisa - Sorry to here about the bug. After 2 days of that I am sure the # on the scale is nice though, not accurate, but nice.

xDas7X - I know what you mean about feeling lazy when it gets cold. I go through a slump wvery fall/winter. 3rd time IS a charm!!

Mallory - Good luck on finding a job!!!

Cherie - I read somewhere that when you have a craving do something for 20 minutes (that's supposidly how long a craving lasts) and when you are done if you stil have the craving you need to give in. ???? Have you tried the sugarless chocoaltes hersey's make??? They are pretty good. Sounds like you are doing really well. Stay positive, it's working for you!!!

SthrnBttrfl - Day is almost over!! Sometimes when I go over calories for a day I just balance it out the next day or two. (I also read that somewhere)

Everyone is doing great!!! Think........ BABY STEPS!

Liz

5'5
182/154/125-130

Marti
10-15-2003, 06:15 PM
Hello ladies!!

Well, I thought it over about what it was that I wanted to do for the next challenge. I decided that if I really want to make a difference, I need to continue with the two previous ones and really make it stick!
For one, I did not eat breakfast one of the days I took off and I ate a "late" breakfast today. So I'm going to do that one again. Two: the water intake. I drink up to 60oz. But I liked drinking the 80oz or more once my body started telling me it's good for me. So those are the reasons why I'm going to do this. I'm going to do them together. I figure, the more days that I feel "obligated" (that's not really the word I'm looking for but that'll do) to eating and drinking, the more it will just be second nature and I just do them. Am I making any sense with all this??

Soooo--back to the drawing board. Day one for me will start tomorrow, since my breakfast was late and I really consider it lunch not breakfast. And I haven't got much water in yet today.

Here is a question that many of you may think is stupid or "how can she not know?" but what all is considered carbohydrates? I think I'm addicted to highly carbohydrated foods, but I'm not sure. I'm thinking of limiting myself and I think that will be an ultimate challenge. But I don't really know much. So I could really use the information. I will try and look it up somewhere, but I would like to know what all you ladiess say. And also, what diet would be good to follow for someone who wants to lower their intake of carbs??

Ok girls, I'm going to go. You all take care. Looks like everyone is doing a FABULOUS job with doing their challenge!! Good For You!!!

Take Care
Marti

PhotogirlTX
10-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Thought I would jump in here early.. I will go do my third day in a row of duel cardio tonight...so I feel today was a sucess!

Marti.. go to the South Beach Diet Thread.. and go to the one that lists the FAQ. Look on the Phase I and Phase II and that will give you foods to avoid (at the bottom of the list) This will give you a pretty good understanding of what food out there have a lot of carbs in them. In a nutshell, potatoes (white), breads, some veggies like carrots and beets, bananas and watermelon. (these may not be high in carbs.. but the glycimic levels are high, therefore they turn to sugar in the system faster than other foods). Anyway.. that is a good place to start to see what they consider bad foods.

Ok everyone!!! Sounds like we are going strong! Tomorrow is day 5 for me!!! :-) Talk to you later!

Cherie

michireiko
10-16-2003, 04:33 AM
Day 13 success. I walked 1 mile and used my stretchie band FOR ONCE! I feel better about myself for using that.

Not much time to say hi to everyone, but I'm glad everyone is doin alright, and I read a few people are having a bit of trouble. Don't worry! It will work out :D

I'm getting more and more depressed because of this whole not finding a job thing. I called about that job I had the interview for and he said he's not hired yet but has interviewed more people and plans to interview more. I'm so desperate. We might have to turn off my car insurance so that we can afford to heat the house.

Southern Butterfly
10-16-2003, 10:28 AM
Today is :cloud9:! I did 35min on the treadmill this morning, and I already have half of my water down. Fruits and veggies are packed for lunch, so today should be a complete success!!

michireiko
10-16-2003, 08:30 PM
*scream* I lost another 2 lbs! Awesome! I can't believe it! I am shocked!

I haven't exercised yet but it's raining and I LOVE rain so I'll probably walk in the rain :D

xDas7x
10-16-2003, 08:56 PM
WHOO HOO CONGRADS ON THE 2LBS!!!! :D :D :D

Hello ladies!! I know I've been out of the loop for sometime on this board, but I will try to check back more often. And damn you know my challenges keep falling through. But I weighed myself today (this morning.. ) and I've plataeu'd..... yep i havent gained and i havent lost and its been.. close to a month which means yes i have to get my butt into gear and start working out again... argh. Well, I did do some DDR on Tuesday and some more today! For those who don't know DDR = Dance Dance Revolution, its a game for the Playstation system..... its really a great work out! You have to follow along with the people on screen and dance along on this mat.. and its.. awesome. So I dont feel like a total lazy bum today.. but I will be working out.. hopefully on a daily basis now. Its so hard between school and work.. argh. But I have to keep at it.. cause I've been pretty.. lazy this month and I cant do that cause.. ill never lose weight that way!

I hope everyone else is doing well on their challenges, and even if you're not.. I still believe we all can reach our goals! I think all we (well I.. lol) need is a little shove.. and I know I can do it!! Alright im out.. I have to study for two big tests I have tomorrow *tear* but I will be back soon!!

Isabellesmom
10-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Hi everyone....

This is my first time on the site and I have seen a lot of posts saying to check out the 21 Day Challange. I applaud everyone on such a great support system. This is the best site I have seen so far.
My question is... what types of things do you do on your challange? I didn't know if there was a post of ideas or am I totally missing something. Any tips would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :)

PhotogirlTX
10-16-2003, 10:34 PM
I have an Isabella! :-) Actually a Megan Isabella! Great name. As for the challenges.. it's whatever you want to tackle for a 21 day period. Something that you find challenging. This thread really helps me stay focused and on track, without it.. I would have been gorging myself on chocolate a long time ago, which is one of my goals... to not have chocolate candy during this challenge. Also, I am doing some sort of cardio everyday. And I am proud to say that Day 5 is complete! :-)

Das Great picture!! I love putting faces with names.. and girl, you can do it.. just start exercising a little bit more and you will break that plateau.

Mallory!!! CONGRATS!!! Woo hoo that is wonderful! Keep it up, you are doing GREAT!

Butterfly, I hope the rest of your day was as good as the first part!

Ok ladies.... Tomorrow is day 6! See you then!

Cherie

Isabellesmom
10-16-2003, 10:48 PM
Thanks photogirlTX.... I am really excited about this.. I think my challange will be to do some sort of exercise everyday for atleast 30 minutes..

Thanks and best of luck to you :)

Marti
10-17-2003, 02:20 AM
Challenge??? Was I supposed to start today?? Yes,,, I was... and did I succeed? I don't think I did.:(

I had an exam today....Aced it!! Happy about that, at least I'm passing one class. And I had a 3 1/2hrs. Focus on Children class tonight. I got home at 10pm!!

I did eat breakfast... that I did. The water... well I drank over 40oz. but after that, I drank out of cups available in the F.O.C. class,,, so I really don't know what I drank. I kept getting up to refill it!!
So I guess, I could say that I didn't totally fail today. Hmmm. I going to say "YES. Day one was a success!" Ok, ok, I know I'm pretty much talking to myself "out loud" here... but you know, I'm tired, got to get up at 5:00 and I'm still up. What can I say??:dizzy: (hee-hee)

Welcome Isabelles mom!! Good to see you here!

Xdas- love the picture! My daughter would LOVE the DDR. Maybe that's a Christmas idea??:chin:

Mallory--Way to go on the 2lbs.!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Cherie- I went to the SB thread... and OMG!! There are so many "don't eat" foods!!

S-fly--doing great girl!! Day 9!!

Liz- looks like you're doing great also! Day 3 down. I'm right behind ya. Wait until we get into double digits and then we can really do the happy dance!!

Lisa-- I hope you're feeling better. You have me worried. Hope all is alright. Keep us posted!

Mscat-- I'm like you, I get so thrilled to see that the scale has stayed the same an not gone up!! which is probably what will happen with me (going up I mean)this Saturday is my weigh in day. But staying the same has got to mean we're doing something right!!

Ok, to any one else that I missed... hello to you. Hope you're all doing great!! This place is booming!!

Ok, I need some much needed sleep.
Take Care Ladies
Marti

michireiko
10-17-2003, 04:54 AM
Xdas - I've heard there's an Ayumi Hamasaki song on the DDR thing. That's why I wanna do it ;)

Isabellesmom - Welcome! You'll really like it here!

Thanks for the support guys! Day 14 was a success!

EDIT
I reweighed first thing this morning and am down another pound! That means I lost 3 lbs! I'm going to go walk a mile this morning so day 15 success!!

Another Edit
I walked my mile. Day 15 is a success! I'm going job hunting today, hope I catch one!

Southern Butterfly
10-17-2003, 10:53 AM
Day 10. I'm going to make it a success!! I'll work out at the gym tonight because I missed this morning. I'm a little worried about lunch. We're having a baby shower lunch today, and so far all I see is chips, punch, and spagetti (not a healthy receipe kind either)! Why didn't I offer to make a vegetable dish?

I was reading the newspaper. There was an article that said Mens Health magazine said that Memphis is the most unhealthy city for me! It also said that last year, Self magazine rated Memphis as the most unhealthy city for women! It was based on weight, exercise (lack thereof here), etc. With the way people act when I tell them that I'm trying to live a healthy lifestyle, I can definitly see why Memphis got such a bad rating.

michi - 2/3 of the way there!

MNJ - congrats on acing the test!!

Isabellasmom - good luck on the challenge!!

Photogirl - congrats on completing day 5!!

friendsforfitness
10-17-2003, 12:41 PM
Yep, I messed up yesterday. My challenge is to exercise everyday. technically I did exercise yesterday, because I did 30 crunches on the new exercise ball Hubby bought for me. (thanks MNJ) I decided to keep it in the tub after morning showers are done and on our bed during showers. Space problem solved! :) Anyways back to my challenge, the crunches were the only type of exercise I ended up doing. Some not so fun stuff came up at the house last night, so I never got around to doing anymore than that. I am ok about it though, because I am on this challenge myself and I don't feel 30 crunches was enough to be acceptable. I knew this exercise challenge was going to be a toughy for me and that's exactly why I chose it. One day I will get all 21 days of exercise in and hopefully by then it will be an enjoyable habit, so I'm not giving up ladies, just starting back at day 1. I need to make myself a little bit more accountable as well, so here it is: My challenge is to do crunches every other day and exercise for no less than 20 minutes everyday. I did crunches today which is an odd numbered day, so odd days will be crunch days for my own reference anyways. I can do this!

SB - Congrats on day 10 !! Whoo -hoo for you! You are a strong girl from the sounds of things where you're at, stay that way! :) Good luck at the shower today, that will be kinda tough, but I know your focused so I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Michi - Dang girl! Congratulations on the 3 pound loss!! :bravo: You rock! You are so frikkin' motivated and that's awesome!

MNJ- Why are you worried?? I just posted
yesterday. I'm ok. Thank you for your concern though. You are so sweet. :dance: I'm doing the happy dance for that aced exam you pulled in!!! WTG!

Isabelle'smom- Welcome and good luck on your challenge! I hope you'll tell us a little about yourself once your all settled in. "Would you like a cup of coffee or some herbal tea?" :lol: Make yourself at home, everyone here is so great, you'll love it!

Cherie- You are doing great as always, you're my exercise inspiration!! Thanks for all of your support. :grouphug:

xxdas7xx- I know how ya feel when it comes to struggling with challenges that's for dern sure! Just hang in there, and I'm sure we'll get it soon enough. I love your picture by the way, you're very pretty with a great smile! :D

Well wish me luck on day one!
Good luck to all of youtoo! :lucky:

Lisa
:bubbles:

Marti
10-18-2003, 01:13 AM
Just a quick hello to everyone and to report that day2 is a success! I'm still drinking the water (this late at night) but I've just the need to keep drinking it. My late night wake up calls have gone, so I don't need to worry about that.

I'm afraid to step on the scale tomorrow... but it's gotta be done. I feel so bloated and icky. Hopefully that'll pass.

Well the computer is needed by someone else besides myself... I'm such a hog when it comes to computer time!!

I will do individuals tomorrow.

Take Care
Marti

jro
10-19-2003, 01:56 AM
You have a Newby on your hands...

I think this is a wonderful idea - life doesn't seem as hard when you look at it in a 3 week chunk.

I am challenging myself to 20 minutes a day minimum of any kind of activity - stationary bike, walk, hike, gym - whatever. I have to remind myself daily that it will make me feel better, ache less, look better and be healthier.

You all have my thoughts of encouragement - jro

Marti
10-19-2003, 12:55 PM
Welcom Jro-
I hope you enjoy this thread. It has helped me so much!! And the girls here are so caring and encouraging. Helps keep me motivated!!

Well ladies- I forgot to post yesterday. Spent my Saturday cleaning up the leaves in the backyard and putting things up before the winter hits. Got a great workout!!

But yesterday was a success..had my breakfast and I drank so much water that the neighbors could hear me walking around! "swish-swish":lol:

Here is a question.... have any of you ever been on the Atkins diet? I got the book yesterday (it was cheap) and I just had to read up on it. It sounds kind of doable, but at the same times, I'm not ready to give up certain things... you know what I mean?
Would like to hear from anyone who has been on it.

Ok, everyone enjoy your Sunday!!! And once again Welcom Jro!!

Marti

beachkid
10-19-2003, 02:10 PM
This seems like a really good idea! I was thinking my goal would be not to eat in between meals a day (I want to eat 4 meals a day). does that seem likea reasonable goal? Let's see if I can do it. Here's day one for me!

M.N.J., I havn't tried atkins but I did try the South Beach Diet, but could only stick to it for about 2 days. I think it's doable if you don't mind not eating bread or pasta or potatoes or fruit!! (which I think is very hard) And I'm not even sure how healthy that is. but I guess induction only lasts 2 weeks so I don't think it's that bad for you. I would say try it and see if it works for you. Part of the reason it was hard for me was that my mom bought all sorts of good bread and stuff and I just wanted to eat it. If you live alone and can control what you buy it might make it easier.

michireiko
10-19-2003, 02:23 PM
Day 16 was a success! But I've been eating poison [ice cream and cookies], but before I can it all the poison, I'm inviting friends over to eat it for me. Bwahaha. Fatten them up nice >: ( Today I have to exercise to complete day 17. Woo! I'm starting to get lazy and it's starting to get hard again. STUPID BIORHYTHM.

Write more later.

Mallory

PhotogirlTX
10-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Is a success! :-) I've been MIA around here this weekend too .... sorry. I did do cardio every single day... and I've done my pilates and abs video too. Friday I had a big chocolate brownie run in.. but it wasn't chocolate candy.. so I am still in the game there. And let me say one thing. I learned my lesson with the brownies.. I was so SICK that night.... totally not worth it to blow my diet and get such a sugar rush!

Welcome Beachkid and jro this is a great thread to keep you motivated!

Everyone.. to tired for individual hi... but lets all have a GREAT WEEK!!!!

Hugs,

Cherie

friendsforfitness
10-19-2003, 10:46 PM
I'm resigning myself out of the 21 day challenge temporarily. I am going to stick to the one week at a time challenges for right now. I did exercise to day but didn't yesterday. I need to get back on track, so I am starting with baby steps again. One week -at-a -time. Good luck to all! I'll be back once I'm focused again.
Lisa

mscat816
10-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Hi All -
I have been out of commission since Friday? I have had a major event in my personal life - trying to decide how to best take care of me and my needs and at the same time maintain hope and growth in my marriage.

I am so off track - broke my plateau (230) last week which was great - then broke 229 and hit 228 on Saturday a.m! Was estatic about that- but after first marriage counseling session Saturday afternoon I was traumatized to the point I could not focus on my diet. I am back up yo-yoing again but I am going to get back in the saddle again.

Tomorrow is another day. Miss you all - hope to read and catch up will all of your doings before I go to bed.

Cat

Southern Butterfly
10-20-2003, 10:45 AM
Day 13. Over halfway there!!

Welcome jro and beachkid! Good luck on your challenges.

Lisa - we'll miss you over here!

Cherie - Agree with you on not being worth the sugar rush! I had a run-in with an oatmeal chocholate chip cookie last night. Bf made a whole batch, but just one small cookie made me sick!

Michi - congratulations on completing day 16!

MNJ - I never could last on the Atkins diet. Usually only make it halfway through breakfast and lunch. I love veggies and fruit too much!! I'm also not a big meat and cheese eater.

mscat - I hope everything works out for you. Keep being strong, and remember that you have a lot of friends here.

Lizhorn
10-20-2003, 01:11 PM
Hi everyone!!! I am returning to start DAY 1 again. :( Went to the fair Fri then had company all weekend to entertain sooo Fri up until last night (I got in a bread pudding since I was already "in the red" :) ) I ate pretty much whatever and only excersiced Fri a.m.. .. at any rate I cheated and had a great time doing it. So here I am after great cheating starting day 1 again. Also on a positive note at my Friday a.m. excersice I ran 2 miles w/no walk breaks.

Jro - Welcome!!!

Marti - I have done the Atkins diet. It works efficiently in reducing your appetitie. Low sugar causes less cravings. Most of the inital weight loss is water weight becuz protein requires more water to digest. I lost but gained most of it back when I quit. It is a lifestyle commitment, and if you are commited to make this change it will work for you. I find it just as effective in reducing my cravings to cut out just refined carbs (white breads & pasta) simlar to phase 2 of the maintenance phase. Good luck!!!! There are lots of low carb options these days.

Beachkid - Welcome!!! 4 meals sounds good, as long as they are balanced well. It DOES make it alot easier when you control the "grocery' buying

Mallory - Day 17 WOW!! almost there :)

Cherie - I'd have to say after I ate each time this weekend my stomach did fell alot uncomfortable and momentarily I realized it wasn't worth eating unhealthfully. But brownies...mmmmmmm. :) You are doing really well, WTG!!

Lisa - Hope to see you soon!! Baby steps are great!!! I know you
will do well.

Cat - I hope all gets better in your life!! I will keep you in my prayers.

SthrnBfly - Day 13.....you are doing great!!

For me, Day 1 again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Run 30 min 4x a week
Weight train 2-3 x a wk
Daily Diet - 1400 cal, 8 C water, 5 fruits/veggies, & only good carbs

Will check in tomorrow after day 1.

Liz

michireiko
10-20-2003, 03:05 PM
Day 17 was a success. I took a mile hike in the woods. Fun fun.

Lisa - I've been thinking about doing it by the week, too. Like exercising 3 days a week 20 minutes at a time. I changed my mind this morning and decided to stay here and do the 21 days again. We'll miss ya!

Liz - only good carbs... I should try that, too.

michireiko
10-21-2003, 02:47 AM
Day 18 success! It was hard because I didn't feel very energetic but I did it.

xDas7x
10-21-2003, 12:54 PM
HEllo hello! Ok I really need to be checking in more often, I know Im missing out on everything :( I skimmed through the threads.. congrads to everyone thats completed their 21 day challenge. I did a bit of DDR this week and worked out yesterday for maybe 10mins. Ive been rather sluggish lately and I keep saying im going to get back on the challenge but it never happens!! ugh. ive been sort of bogged with school work.. but I WANT to get back on.

I'm so happy because even though I haven't been working out as much as I'd like to, I weighed myself today and I'm 197..... yes CLOSE to 200 but the scale said 197 and I almost peed myself.. lol! I was like wow..... and its amazing how good losing weight makes you FEEL. I have around 70lbs to go to reach my goal, but just knowing i've lost ONE or even TWO pounds gives me .. an inspiration because I can't wait to see how I feel once I've lost that other 70. And the only way I can do it is if i Put my mind (and body) to it and get back in the challenge!

Againm you ladies rock my socks.. lol im feeling silly right now but.. you guys are the best support in the world and its so great to know you are not alone!

Ive been drinking a lot of water.. and I always always order it when we go out to dinner and its amazing because i used to polish off maybe 3-4 sodas.. and now that ive switched to water i feel so much better afterwards.. plus water is the best thing for you (and its free! lol) So I really think cutting out soda is a big deal. Now, I had a Diet ginger ale last night, but I only had one. Its weird because I dont think I like soda as much as I used to.. ive been off it for so long. Now chocolate is another story.. I love the stuff.. I do cheat now and then with a small bite of a chocolate bar or something but thats IT. And sometimes Ill have a bowl of ice cream.. I know very bad.. I had a small bowl over the weekend... but I dont have it very often.

But back on track I go.. again for the 400th time.. Im looking now and I realize its Oct 21.. and if I had kept up my challenge id be done by now.. its a big let down.. but thats my own fault. Again, I have to motivate myself to do this! And I know you guys are amazing at motivating me and supporting me as well, and so I need to get back in the loop of the forum, and back in the loop of exercising.!

I hope everyone is doing well and I'll check in with you all later!!

xDas7x
10-21-2003, 05:22 PM
Hey all.. well I said I'd be back! its now 5pm, I'm finishing up a paper and sippin on some... really HOT... (ouch i burnt my tongue) hot cocoa. I didn't get a chance to work out as of yet, but my plans are once I finish my paper (which.. is a really long boring research paper in APA style format.. I have to write the Results and Discussion.. ugh!! I will get on some situps and pushups. I'm feeling really pumped that I've reached the 100s range... I mean I know its only like 18lbs from where I started from but I'm feeling good and ready to get back on the challenge!

jro
10-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Thank you for all your welcomes - Ended up delaying day 1 until today - Sunday went from cleaning the closets to much much much backed up bookwork (dang IRS) and yesterday was lost to a migraine but today I did about 40 minutes of weights and 30 minutes on the stationary bike at the gym - the last 6 minutes were pretty rough, but I finished the full 1/2 hour. It's been over a month since I've been to the gym and I was really dreading starting back, but it wasn't nearly as horrible as I thought it was going to be (isn't that always the way)

michireiko - I've been wanting to get back in the woods to do some hiking - I love that, but was run off by a bear (never saw him, only knew he was huffing at me and I wasn't going to stick around for long) the last time and haven't worked up the confidence to try again - maybe that will be tomorrow's goal - Look out bear...he I come and I'm armed with pepper spray!

Knowing you all are there trying with me makes it a bit easier for me to push myself - Thank You!

PhotogirlTX
10-21-2003, 11:01 PM
Hey everyone.. sorry I haven't been around... work has been really hectic.. and I have been fighting that chocolate monster BIG TIME.... however.. he still hasn't won yet.. and I have kept it OUT OF MY MOUTH. So.... Day 10... Is a success! I have done cardio everyday too... so... things are going great!

I am about to go to bed.... I will try to check in tomorrow!!!

Cherie

michireiko
10-22-2003, 02:21 AM
Remember Cherie! A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips! The girls used to say that about chocolate in college :D

jro - You would not BELIEVE all the bug bites I have. I want to scratch with an SOS pad...

xDas7x - hey it's almost winter, so you're gonna be in winter onederland hahah im so funny... Hopefully I'll hit onederland by Christmas.

Day 19 success! I did 25 crunches and nearly died trying ^_^

Southern Butterfly
10-22-2003, 10:31 AM
Day 15. 2/3 finished!!

Michi - only 2 days left!!!

Photogirl - stomp that chocolate monster!!

jro - great job with the exercise!

Have a great day everyone!

xDas7x
10-22-2003, 02:30 PM
Hey all! Hope your challenges are going well.. today is.. Day 1 for me.. again. I'm going to start a new challenge. One that I think I can keep. Basically I will do any sort of exercise for at least 30min a day. It doesn't have to be really specific but at least I can kind of.. choose. lol So that is that.

michireiko - lol! winter onederland! I like that, you know I'll be looking forward to summer with that in mind! I hope to reach my goal by summer! *crosses fingers*

southern butterfly - congrads on your Day 15! Keep it up!! :D

photogirltx - mmmm chocolate.... i know I cant resist it either but ive been drinking hot chocolate to kind of ease the craving AND keep me warm!! good luck!!

Good luck to everyone!! :D WE CAN DO IT!!

michireiko
10-22-2003, 02:52 PM
Hey girlies! Last night I bought Ana Caban's Pilates instructional video off of eBay. It should be here in a few days, and doing that for 21 days straight will be my challenge, but I'm going to bump it up to 30 days straight because they say "In ten days you'll feel better. In 20 you look better, and in 30 you'll have a different body."

And girls, if this works for me like it did last Christmas, EVERYONE in this forum BETTER try it! Bwahahhahaa!

Marti
10-22-2003, 03:43 PM
Day 6 here. I haven't been posting as often... sorry about that. Been doing all kinds of yard work and homework.....spend very little time on the computer.
Been doing great. Breakfast is STILL a challenge for me, but I am getting it down! And water is just no problem!!
Just needed to post real quick to say I haven't forgotten you all. I need to study for Mid-terms!! :stress: I have a BAD feeling about accounting..... we'll see.

Take care ladies
Marti

michireiko
10-22-2003, 06:59 PM
M.N.J. - I took accounting and honestly, the highest test score I had was 70%... BUT I also didn't have a book for the class because my financial aid hadn't gone through. How goes the reading?

I'll eventually be remeasuring so keep an eye on my signature!

jro
10-22-2003, 09:18 PM
Tonight was beautiful and I think I got out for the last hike before the weather and daylight savings time changes after work. Took the dog and hiked for about 30 minutes (forgot my watch), no bears huffing at me, but there were some fresh tracks - I was armed and ready with my bear spray...

Michi - wa-hoo! Only 2 days left and you'll have fulfilled your own challenge!

xDAS7x - keep me posted with the activities you do - I'm always looking for new ways to get some exercise.

This is my plan (of course I've had MANY past plans - I am challenging myself to stick with this one) - MWF gym (weights & bike or elip. trainer for 30 min each), Tues Pilates, Thurs, Sat & Sun - whatever I can find to do - stationary bike, hike, cut wood - ANYTHING! I want to be active and ENJOY my life - to be able to do ANYTHING I want to do! That takes work and commitment (that was for my benefit - a reminder to myself what it is all about!) If you would - remind me of that often - I can't keep putting my life off!

Stay strong for tomorrow to all!

Lizhorn
10-22-2003, 11:29 PM
Hello everyone!!! I have completed Day 3. So far so good. I ran OUTSIDE yesterday for the first time (I am a treadmill runner). We hav a park at the end of our street that I thought was 2.2 miles around and was so excited to think I ran at a faster pace than normal only to get on the comp and find out it is only 1.68. :( Not what I expected but I still ran all the way around, so I am pretty stoked about that.

Cherie - You are doing great!!!! BTW.....are you from Texas (PhotogirlTX)

Michi - you are almost done that is great!!! Way to Go

Xdas - Good luck on starting over, that sounds like agood challenge.

JRo - Bears?? Wow, that's quiet a trail.

MNJ - You sound really busy. I wish I could forget about breakfeast. :) I'm starving the second I wake. Good luck with accounting!!!!

O.k. everyone it is the end of hump day and the weekend is almost here. :) :) :) Happy Thursday

Liz

michireiko
10-23-2003, 04:56 AM
I wanted to tell everyone that I redid my weight loss site. It's www.moonprism.com/mallory and sign my guestbook!!

redballoon
10-23-2003, 05:48 AM
YO! People! I'm back and ready for a new challenge starting Friday (wrapping up Thursday here now). How have you been? I hope your challenges are moving along. I can see there's been a lot of action here so I'll take that as a good sign (until I have time to go back and read up on what's been happening).

I've started our sixth thread because this one is getting too unwieldy. I'll be checking in with all you tomorrow. Please jump over to the new thread.
Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33545

See you later!! :wave: