Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers#174

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers#174

sami
09-23-2003, 08:30 PM
If you are looking for a great group of Christians to share your everyday struggles with this is the post you belong to! We will life you up in prayer through the good and bad. Everyone is welcome!

sami
09-23-2003, 08:57 PM
Hello everyone the wedding is over and I have to say it was a Dream come true for both the Bride and Her mother! We only had two things go wrong the lady I bought the pew bows from on ebay never sent them so I was up until almost 3am making them the night before and the lady my dd talked to 3 time the week before and showed pictures to admited she didn't know how to do the hair do's she and the bridesmaids wanted after paying her for a bad do one of the bridesmaids moms took over and found a place who fixed it right and they all looked beautiful! The service was beautiful and the reception hall was so beautiful it was a true dream come true! The dress fit after I let it out a little and you couldn't tell it had anything done to it! I did have to laugh once the grooms mother wore her wedding dress from her 2nd wedding it was beautiful but someone in her family walk up gave her a big hug and said you are so beautiful you look like the bride OOO yes you wore that dress when you were the bride! LOL (that is what she gets for being a size 0) My sister in law made the cake and it was 3 tiers on top with pillers in between and then the fountain on the fouth tier and 6 cakes went aroung the large bottom tier! and then she made two extra large round ones and all but part of the extra ones were gone. I had a lot of calls the next few days saying they had a great time. There were about 240 people who came we had some as far as WI come. I will put pictures on as soon as I figure out how to.

Angel lover-I am so sad for you and your loss. I will pray that all goes well with getting everything replaced. (((((HUGS)))))
EZ-I had the same problem with my sister-in-law the only reason she keep the kids was because of the SS check
Eiseng-I still have not decided what to do about my friend (she didn't show up at the wedding) I have not seen her since she did that. I am not going to get into it with her I am not like that and I am not going to go bad mouth her but I can't help feeling hurt. Pray that the Lord heals the hurt in my heart.
Sherry-I pray you are better a tooth ache makes your whole body hurt!
Mitchypoo-Take care of yourself my B-I-L had e-barr and was really sick for along time. I had mono at 14 and was sick in bed for 3 months I ran a high fever and tired....................Take care!

To all others I am sorry I have to get off my time is up but you are in my prayers!
Sami

EZMONEY
09-23-2003, 10:01 PM
--HI GALS

I posted last night-- or so I thought!-- it was at the half of my Raider game-- ha! if you could call it that-- gonna be a looong year I am afraid. Don't know what happened- guess maybe I just wrote then closed. All is well with me, but before I forget Angie is working on her journal-- doing a 30 day mock-up now so if you want one let me know-- she wants to know how many to print out. Again- they are free and for DIET and EXERCISING .

SAMI - YIPEE!! I am so happy for you! We have been waiting a long time for this day haven't we:lol: How did your dress look? No need to tell- I know you were gorgeous!!! So happy it went fairly well and pretty much the stuff that didn't you can laugh about later-- HEY, no big deal staying up until 3 am anyway right? cause you for sure weren't gonna sleep anyhow! Again so happy for you-- now down to the carpool prayers! Later and give all those kids a hug!!

SUNNYD - I am sorry for your loss. You lost a good friend but then I know what you mean when you see someone who just lights up when they see you (or anyone they love) my great grandfather was that way and so is my daughter. There are people that walk in a room and say here "I" am and there are those that say here I am sometimes and there "you" are sometimes-- and then there are those few that always say "WELL, THERE "YOU" ARE!!" Am I making sense?-- answer quietly please:lol:

MICHELE- All right- who ya been kissing? I guess now you know why you were tired. Just think of what you are going to be able to do when the mono is over-- besides KISSING-- you can get on a really good routine for your health kiddo. Hey those Vikes may lose their QB for the game Sunday-- better check before you bet!!

doitformeSue Hey no problem with the job-- I can feel the right one coming your way!!How can they turn you down!! Is that rain from the hurricane leftovers? It doesn't seem that long ago that I was sending (or at least trying to) you sunshine:flow2:

AMANDA Prayers for you and Nigel and your futures.

JUDY I love your quotes-- where do you get them from?

JAMIE- Glad you are back from your cruise safely.

SHERRY- WHERE ARE YOU? LOOKING FOR ZOE? :lol:

WILMA- What does your mil do? just come for the baking?:)
Seems like whenever they leave you have more food than when you started-- now that is a company switch! Great-GREAT- work at Curves-- you are the talk of the town girl!!

ANGEL-- I am so sorry for your losses-- they just don't seem to stop do they? You have done nothing to deserve this that is for sure-- we will keep praying for you recovery!! My folks lost all of their stuff in storage years ago- they were moving into a trailer and couldn't keep everything there from the house I grew up in-- they put everything in storage until they got the trailer on the property-- during this time someone stole it all- my mom said the worst was all of the pictures of us kids and families.

Well gotta get the trash out!!

Later-IN HIS CARE- Gary

SunnyD57
09-23-2003, 10:04 PM
Hi SAMI ~ So happy to hear that you & your DD had such a beautiful Wedding Day! Even after all that went wrong... boy, it's a good thing that you are talented! Never doubted you for it for a minute or that the Wedding would go off Wonderfully!!!

Good Night my friends! I will catch you when I get the next moment to. I have Curves @ 8:45am & then we have a funeral to go to @ 10:00am my Joe is singing for it.

I also got a call this afternoon and my friend's father passed away... she is not doing well. Would you keep Mary, Bill and their daughter, Cassie, in your prayers! It is just so sad!! :cry:

When it rains it's pours - doesn't it.

wilma12
09-24-2003, 08:49 AM
Sami: I'm so glad you're back and that you had a great time at the wedding. It sounded lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures!! What dress did you decide to wear?

Sunny: Will be praying for your friend? It's a difficult time for her.

Gary: How are you doing? Is that nephew of yours coming around? What project are you working on these days? I have a bathroom that needs building.;) DH is off on a 3 day trip to Missouri and has little time to do stuff around the house and we can't afford to pay someone to do it so... we'll work at it when we can. When he gets the walls up I'll do the painting etc.

As for my MIL, yes, she loves to bake and doesn't like being bored . We're all at work so she bakes. I'm staying away from it though. The guys are loving it and I don't have to bake for a while so we all win.

I didn't go to Curves this a.m. because of time constraints. I'll try to go tonight or else do my walking tape.

Gotta go. It's almost time to leave and I haven't had my breakfast yet!

Have a wonderful day!

Mitchypoo
09-24-2003, 01:28 PM
Hi all!:wave:

Oh Angel~That is such an awful thing to have happen, but in no way did you deserve it, dear! It doesn't make sense why these things happen. But they can't steal away your memories.

I've gone to bed early (9pm) for the last 2 nights and it is hard to get to sleep cuz i'm not used to it. I really don't feel any better yet, but will do this for atleast 2 weeks.

Sami~the wedding sounded beautiful! Kind of funny about the other mom ;)

Gary~i'm praying Culpepper will be well this weekend, but it sounds serious, he has multiple fractures in his back. That doesn't sound good at all. And if anyone is into baseball, wow is everyone excited around here about our Twins!

The friend i had a disturbing talk w/a few weeks ago called last night and is having a hard time. Said he apologized for acting like he did, he said he feels like he lost his best friend (which he didn't). He wouldn't tell me what he was so upset over.

eisenj
09-24-2003, 07:53 PM
Hi everyone,

Finally some free time. My son is at soccer with Paul. I stayed home to make sure Laura finishes a science project. She has had it for two weeks but just started it yesterday. She and I have been butting heads the last few days. She got her driving permit yesterday after school. Pray that I have patients to teach her. We have a brand new 2004 Toyota Sienna or a big old station wagon To teach her in. I wish we had something smaller for her to learn in. Maybe a tank.:lol: :lol:

~Gary~ my quotes come from a list of 2000 I got from a local newspaper. In the year 2000 they asked readers to sent in there favorite quotes. I loved the idea. Now I like to collect them.

~Sami~ I'm happy all went well for you. Things are bound to go wrong at a wedding. At our wedding the preacher had a heart attack the night before the wedding. He refused to go to the hospital. We didn't hear about it till after the wedding when we came home from the honeymoon. I wish he had gone for medical help. The attack was mild but all attacks are serious. He could have had another one at the wedding. Our song at the reception was " Wind Beneath My Wing" By Gary Morris. We left it at the church. My sisters boyfriend at the time was a Philadephia police officer. He broke into the church to get the album. So you see thigs happen. We laugh about it now, but at the time we were stressed.

~Angel~ Did the storage place have cameras that could ID the thiefs?I hope they get the thiefs.

Got to go goodnight, don't let the bed bugs bite.

" Dogs are fur angels sent by God to sooth our souls"

sami
09-24-2003, 08:45 PM
Hello I just came back from the dr. He is going to keep me on the pain meds indefinitely He does not think I have MS he said I do have a chronic illness (he is still leaning toward lupus) I am feeling a lot better today. I heard from the my DD she and her new hubby are having a great time in FL. I just took in 15 disposable camera's that were on the tables at the reception so who knows what is on them!
Angel lover-I am so sad for you how are things going?
eisenj-I have prayed about the problem with my friend and I have feel the Lord would want me to forgive her. I can't help that I still feel hurt. But I have talked to very few people about it (two) within my church only because they saw me crying. And I didn't bad mouth her (and now I am glad that I didn't) One of the other parents have offered to pick up my kids in the morning. Praise God. I feel like God will work it out for his purpose.
EZ-I would love a journal! And can you send me some of your wife's energy! I feel a lot of stress off my shoulders now and I am ready to sit down and spend time working out what is setting off my IBS and find something I can do that won't make my body hurt worse! The dr feels if I start slow and he wants me to stick strickly to my diabetic diet. The ortho dr said if I don't start getting my knees moving I won't be able to walk by 50!
Mitchypoo-Try tylenol PM it is great! My dr just added a sleeping pill because even thought I sleep alot I dream alot so I am not getting to the deep sleep stage so I am waking up unrested!
Wilma-Wow I would love it if someone left me lots of baked goods for the family!
Sunny D-Sorry for your Loss. It is hard to lose someone you care about.
Sue-Sorry about the job but like EZ said The Lord know best. I will keep you in my prayers for the right one to come along.
Amada-I Pray that Nigels job stress gets better. Now maybe he can find a Job that he will enjoy. Good luck on your job hunt also.

To anyone I am missing sorry! I am keeping all in prayers

EZMONEY
09-25-2003, 12:33 AM
Hi Ladies-

Hope all is well with all of you. The nephew and I went out for Togos tonight- I wanted pizza but gave in to a pastrami sandwich since that is where he wanted to go-- so much better for me:lol: Angie was at her monthly bunko game and my son had a night class.

SAMI- My wife started printing the journals herself last night- it will take a few days because these kids are always on the computer for school, I imagine by next week sometime she will have them done and I will get with you to send one. I hope you don't have lupus, I think I have told you my sister does-- I know some forms are more serious, hers is. I love the idea of the cameras- Angie is (supposed to be) making a creative memories scrapbook from her brother's wedding at the beginning of summer-- I think she is mostly "not" working on it-- that was our present to them-- if it wasn't her brother she would already have it done-- family always has to wait:s: We need you walking dear-LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR!!!! Prayers.

JUDYPrayers for your new "permit" driver- my step-d and neice are both doing that now-- mine are 20-22 but I remember-- I think the best part of me teaching them was that I was so patient:lol: :lol: :lol:

MICHELE Those Twins are gonna need Kir....BY Puc.....Ket if they are gonna beat those damn Yankees-- my Dodgers are gonna come up a few games short again this year-- no hitting. I hope you start feeling a little better each day-- why is that guy calling you back if he won't tell you why he was upset? None of my business, just curious.

SUNNYD Prayers for your friend in her loss. How is Curves going? The boys staying out of trouble-- don't cover for them!

WILMA- Hey I can do those walls!! my trade-- and I am cheap!! I only have one home project now to do and that is to paint both sides of a 100 foot laong fence down one side of my yard-- it was put up a few weeks back but I haven't had a chance to paint it-- and it is supposed to rain this week maybe-oops! Great job on walking if you don't get to Curves-- keep moving forward!! What a change in you since the pressure of your move!! Happy for you!

I see AMY came back on 173 and Sunny directed her here- Hi.

Well heading to bed- just watched Ed-- anyone else see it? Angie and I like it even though it is a little corny.

Good-night, Gary

Angel-lover
09-25-2003, 07:44 AM
Hi everybody....just a quick post to thank all of you for the kinds words...& prayers.

There's no word on the things stolen....I guess they're gone. Eventually, we'll replace what's needed. The sentimental losses will stay in our hearts.....they can't steal that! God knows where they are....& they hurt his children. This is something He doesn't like. The Bible tells us to forgive, & to pray for our enemies. Sometimes it's hard...maybe some day...right now, I'm just kind of numb. Husband is just trying to go on the best he can. There was no security cameras. Probably will never know anything.

Thank you all, again. Just keep praying for us, & our family. I'm still praying for all of you. :grouphug:

sprout
09-25-2003, 01:35 PM
Need to get out of this -- before I turn too food!
Our son - 15 1/2 years old (adopted him when he was 3). Were told that he had all signs ect. of FAE (birth mom drank the whole time she was pregnant and still does -- all her children suffer from this). Anyway I also homeschool him partially because of how I feel religiously about schooling, also because of his having ADD and not being able to focus. I am not saying I can do better than a qualitified teacher but just having the one to one I believe helps these children -- and with as few distractions as possible.
Problem that is surfacing to unbelieveable tension is not his academics - when he does do the work he gets a B+ average -- it is the behavior. Started when he turned 12 and is just getting worse.
So off to the doctor I took him to see if we could start the process of getting him properly assessed -- not for academicas as I believe he is a very smart boy -- but the behavior issues. The uncontrollable lying to the extent we don't believe a thing that comes out of his mouth, not doing as he is asked at all. Our doctor - he is also a Christian and comes to our church -- is a great doctor but he has a problem with (a) homeschooled children and (b) admitting that ADD and FAE is a problem for some children. After two sessions between doctor and son Doctor informed me there is no medicall issue -- it is all academic. And the problem he sees is that I cannot teach him anymore -- that he needs to be taught by the school system -- that all our effectiveness has gone -- that if we continue homeschooling him we are making it so that he will be unable to hold a job. I totally disagree -- I feel that what he is saying is that others -- strangers that do not know our son as we do can teach him better re morals, motivation, how to act appropriately. This is so frustrating. We have close friends, also Christians, that have been raising 3 ladies since they were 10 years old and they are now 29, 30 and 31. The oldest one I can see my son so much in here -- borderline challenged. Yet when I first met her I would have not thought anything was wrong -- she speaks very well, seems to be all ok -- but as you really get to know her you can see that she is one step to the negative side of what we would say is normal.
Anyway I am frustrated with the doctor. I did not take our son to him to be evaluated re academics -- we have a lot of testing done on son that shows just where he is as far as reading, writing and math - it is his behaviors that we are concerned with. Even though we have him in a number of places where he interacts with 'teens' when he is in the position that he has to socialize with them he makes the choice of chosing ones that are 3 years his junior. This kid is 5'6 , 15 years old and 140 pounds -- we have recentl caught him jumping on the couch full force to the extend that he damage the arm of the couch and one of the board in the back of the couch cracked and went through the wall of the living room causing a hole that is 1 foot by 1 foot damage. This is not normal. But our doctor has said is it all academics and that he should be in the school system -- to put him back one year -- therefore rather than doing grade 10 put him back to beginning of grade 9. Son's birthday is in February so that would mean when hewould finish grade 9 with these school kids he would be 16 1/2 and yet the others would be just turning 15. Behaviourally probably that would be ok, but he is head over heels taller then the other kids and I believe he needs to be encourage to be with more age approriate kids.

So now we have more things to consider. Both hubby and I don't believe the answer is public school. We believe that with the inappropriate behaviors we are seeing inson that the school system just might enhance the problem.

Of course there is the concern too of me still fighting the cancer -- concern whether the radiation did the work it should -- still waiting to see the doctor on that.

And of course there is the on going problem of my weight issues -- having to deal with why I have turned to food when handling problems.

Sorry for the ramble, just needed to vent -- life isn't easy but there are times that I have thought it would be nice to have 1 or 2 days a week without major concerns or tension!!

Marilyn
632.5 miles walked todate

sprout
09-25-2003, 01:37 PM
Thought that this was interesting reading -- got if from Dr. Phil's web site.

Food and Diet Obession

If most of your day is spent thinking about what you just ate or what you're going to eat next, Dr. Phil says that the possible roots of your obsession may surprise you.

Most of the time, obsessive behavior and compulsive thinking about food have nothing to do with food. They have everything to do with your self-image. It's just that the battlefield you've chosen is food. It's where you've chosen to exercise tight control in hopes that none of your underlying fears and emotions will creep up on you.

People often use food as a control mechanism. Having an obsession with food and controlling your intake of it can be a substitute for having command over what you really want to control: how you feel about yourself.

Ask yourself what would happen if you didn't focus on food so much and let go of the control. Do you fear you'd be a worthless human being? What if you said, "My body image is independent of my self-image. If I am a good, caring and loving parent/spouse/child and an honest, responsible citizen, it doesn't matter how much I weigh"? You may want to weigh less and that's OK. But weight and self-image are not the same thing.

Know that you can unlearn this behavior. Everybody has a definition of success. If your definition of success is to have hyper-control of food intake, it's the wrong definition. You need to change your definition.

Understand that ending obsessive behavior with food sometimes isn't the answer to the problem because it doesn't deal with the root of the problem: internal dialogue that says you're a bad person if you don't weigh a certain amount. You need to change your internal dialogue.

When discussing food obsession, Dr. Phil believes it's important to note that one of the biggest problems with weight loss programs today is that they are highly focused on food. Many popular programs incorporate a regimented diet in which people have to weigh food and count calories, etc. People often go on a diet because they don't want to eat as much but the structure of the diet requires them to spend their entire day focused on food, which only exacerbates the problem.

EZMONEY
09-25-2003, 07:19 PM
HI SPROUT-

I don't want to be critical but maybe bring a few things to your attention just in case you haven't thought of them. My nephew is ADD, he was really wild when he was younger and his folks had him on ritilan-- since he has been with me I have not had him on any medication and he does pretty good-- I hear that there is a new drug out strata???? something that seems to be pretty good. My nephew seems to be unfocused in school, he can wander with his business and pester everyone around-UNTIL I HOLD HIM ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS ACTIONS!! -- if I make him get a paper signed each day from each teacher showing me that he behaved well and turned in all his homework etc. then he gets to watch TV after his homework is done each day-- if not no TV! When I do this he can FOCUS just fine-- and I am talking for months-- I did it last year-- you gotta hit him where it hurts and with my nephew it is the television.

Another thing I was thinking about with your boy is that with you and your husbands sickness-- that is a lot for a kid to handle too-- maybe he needs a break (I mean in a good way!!) from you. Teaching him and being with him a lot can maybe be suffocating to him-- kids don't understand how precious we are to them-- we know how precious they are to us, they assume we will be here forever.

What activities is he doing that the younger kids are there? My nephew does a lot better with the younger ones too--he is 12 going on 8 when it comes to play-- I asked about holding him back in school because of his past family life and his imaturity but they say no way- he is too smart. At school the grades are preschool thru 8th-- I can always find him playing with the 5th graders, he is in 8th.

My kids went from pre thru 8th grade at our chuch school too-- when they got into high school they sailed right along-- they found their niche with sports and student government, yearbook, class officers, etc. They LOVED public high school -- I was thankful they had a good foundation. Many schools have great special ed classes for those that need it-- I know many teachers in public school that are GREAT-- in fact I sleep with one each night- unless I am in the :stars: doghouse:lol: -- Keep active in your boys activities-- not spying but aware-- and he will be fine in public school I feel-- I think the boy just needs to RUN for awhile.

ANY way I hope I didn't offend and not knowing you or your boy I could be (been known to have foot in mouth many times) way out of line. Sorry if I am and happy to share if I am not.

Off to get the nephew from youth group-

Gary

sami
09-26-2003, 07:23 AM
Hello I just have a few minutes. I went to bed early because I was having a bad day thursday. First I got to work and my boss had left me a nasty note. (Now remember she doesn't know what she really is doing and I do about 80% of her work) She has just started taking over the traning classes and she was upset because some of the paperwork was being sent in incomplete! Then I couldn't find my Drivers lic. and the phar wouldn't fill my meds without it even though they know me we work in the same building. (what made me made is if the other phar was there he never needs ID for the same meds) Then I found my lic about an hour later so I decided I was going to leave the building for lunch and someone backed into me! It didn't do much damage and after DH looked at I call the lady back and said don't turn it into your insurance it's not that bad just forget it. She was real happy of course but once we get her white paint off it will just another ding on my van and if she turns it in her insurance will jump up. So Pray for a better day!

Sprout-I wish I had the answer for you. I know I couldn't homeschool myself. I am like EZ my kids go to a christian school until High School and I know that two of my kids so far have had a trouble paying att but they did better in high school. I have one now who has a lot of trouble getting her homework done but she is so well behaved so she can blend in and no one notices I have to stay on her and keep her accountable and then she does well and she also plays with younger kids but the teacher said it's because younger kids look up to them and when kids struggle in school they feel insecure so being a hero around the younger kids is good for them. I know my Ashli will do a little as We allow I am not saying she doesn't struggle but if we make it easier on her she will not try to do more. Now my Molli she pushes to learn and even though she just started 1st grade she is reading very well and last night she was suppose to read 1 little 5 page book she read 3 little 5 page books. My prayers are with you I know it is hard to deal with problems day by day. If you are not happy with what the Dr said get a 2nd appl from someone who deals with kids that have the problems your son does. Most of the kids I know on meds for learning dis. go to speicalist not the family dr.

EZ- I am slowly working on the walking thing I am doing it in the house fist (because my legs go numb sometimes and I am afraid I can't make it home) I was doing pretty well there for awhile but if I get off track I fall off the wagon real hard. I didn't lose as much as I wanted for the wedding but by my next childs I will be slim. I do have to say I looked darn good though! LOL

Mitchy-How are your feeling today? And I been thinking about your Dad how is he doing?

Angel-Lover-My heart is heavy for you. We were robbed twice in one year (1985) and I still remember what that felt like. And then my Moms house burned down while we were at a funeral out of town and we still think of things we are missing!

Got to go!
Sami

Mitchypoo
09-26-2003, 07:52 AM
Sami~thank you for your thoughts and prayers and also for my Dad. He has an appt. Oct. 1 to see the dermotologist. He has been having leg pain for an unknown reason and then he told my mom about a mole in that same area that he's had over 6 months now, but he's been picking it! Didn't think it was important to tell her, and didn't even tell his reg. dr. about it. Oh, he's so stubborn. But he says he will tell the dermatologist. Of course, my mom thinks it's cancer and is at her wit's end with him. I don't know what to think.

I'm still very tired even after going to bed early all week. I'm still really trying to take care of myself. I don't want to go in to work today but I must. But I'm thinking of working maybe half day, we'll see what happens.

doitforme
09-26-2003, 10:28 AM
Been a crazy week, I just finished catching up on all the posts.
Angel- sorry to hear about the robbery, will keep you in my prayers. E.Z. - the rain probably was the end of Isabel, but the sun is shinning today so you must have sent it through thanks. Mitchy - sorry your still not feeling well. Hi to everyone else- will try to be better next week about individual posts. I have been attending a missions conference all week at church, and today we pack a tractor trailor load of stuff to go to Ghanna so I gotta run. But just wanted to say Hi! Camping this weekend and then will get home Monday! Love and Prayers. won't be long and the snow will be flying and then I be stuck inside. Diet update- I haven't lost anything since monday, I have lost just the 15 lbs since starting. I haven't cheated just stopped loosing again. Hope to see another drop soon. But maybe catching up from loosing first 15 so fast. Who knows, anyway gotta ruin! Take care.

eisenj
09-26-2003, 10:30 AM
Hi everyone

Taking a break from house cleaning. Boy I hate doing it. What I hate the most is ironing and food shopping. I would rather work out side the home.

~Sprout~ This is only my two cents but I think you should continue homeschooling. I don't know your public school system but ours can not handle special needs kids. They get lost through the cracks. I had a friend that had twin boys with ADHD and both never learned to read. They are now in high school with very little education. They are not labeled ******ed but are placed in their classes because the school system didn't know what to do with them. They will never get their diploma because they don't meet the requirements. They could have sued the school, but they didn't have the money for a lawyer. When they checked into suing, none of the lawyers were interested in taking the case in our area. The mother is also illiterate ,the father does not have the patince to teach and must work to support their four kids.

If I were in your shoes I would continue to homeschool. Only you know the individual needs of your child. I would also go to your local homeschool association for a doctor that will support your efforts. Or a doctor that specializes in ADHD. There are support group for parents. Many kids with ADHD get in trouble in the schools with drugs, smoking and sex. They want so much to fit in even if its negative attention. I would however, get him involved with out side activities like rec. soccer, the playhouse (acting), swimming etc. so he has friends. Then you can control his peer group. FAE kids from what I understand have very similar problems as ADHD. Some homeschool material is video taped. That would help you alot. If you need more information on homeschool support group or ADHD I will find it for you. Lot of love..... Judy

SunnyD57
09-26-2003, 12:38 PM
A very GOOD morning gang! Have you guys missed me? I sure have missed all of you!!!

Hi GARY! The last two days have been so sad with the funeral services, but I must say... the Curves workouts have kept me from getting too far down in the dumps. Thanx for asking ;) Still went each time I was suppose to & had another great workout this morning! The owner of Curves has already signed up over 200 people and is going to get another machine (#9 for us) and will order another (#10) in three weeks if everything keeps going like it is. Fingers crossed! I was so drained from the last two days I wasn't feeling much like going this morning, but once I got there and saw all my new (and some current) friends there and heard the music ~ I was ready to go! I see and feel a difference already in my body shape! I haven't seen any more weight loss :^:, but I know it will come off once my muscle tone catches up with the 'high' body fat I have :o The ladies there are so supportive @ Curves... it's absolutely wonderful. I come home with such a high! So glad I joined.

Gary---I saw the Raiders play also and am so sorry for you :cry: Maybe they will do better next time. My hubby is a happy camper tho, because of you & Michele I am watching more games again :lol:

And the boys are doing great! They miss me when I am not home much---all over me when I am home. You missing my pictures Gary ?? :dizzy: ?? will be glad to post more :lol: kiddin' --- just kiddin' not gonna 'right now' anyway.

How's the nephew doing these days? Your dinners always sound devilish ;) when Angie isn't cookin'. Everything going better with his mom and your arrangements?

ANGEL ~ I just wanted you to know that I am still thinking of you and tugging on the Lord's robe in prayer that it all is settled soon so you are able to resume your lives with some sort of normalcy again! My heart goes out to you! Thank you for the PM ;)

MICHELE ~ Sounds like you are still struggling with the mono :( I am so sorry... what you need is allot of total stress-free rest and it doesn't sound like with your job schedule that is totally possible. Just keep doing what you can. I hope you feel better real soon!! It sounds like you have been ill for awhile, so it may take some time to heal up. I hope that what your Dad has isn't cancer! Prayers!!!! He should get to the Dr. soon.

Guess what?! I found Fairborn, Ohio on the map... it's about 4 hours from where I live. Wouldn't that be neat if we could meet one day on one of your visits to your Aunt...

Well, just want you to know that I am thinking of you and hope you feel like your good old self again real soon!

Hi WILMA ~ Sorry you have missed some of your workouts - I love going! Thanks again for convincing me to go! I just love it!

How's that bathroom project coming along? It is quite a task when you are rebuilding like Angel is or adding on like you are... LUCK!

Hey there SUE ~ Great to see you around so much!! Yes, I must agree... when you miss a few days posting it is tough catching up again --- :o whew!

As far as your diet goes... that's what happened to me too. You are on the SBD aren't you? I had lost 16 lbs right off the bat and then when I went to Phase-II I put a few #'s back on and now am beginning to lose again, but oh so very slowly. Especially now that I am working out. I hope to see some results again soon. I must say... since I began the SBD and the Curves I have been feeling really great! Hang in there, okay!!! And have a wonderful time camping this weekend!!! The trees are beginning to go through their changing and in about 7 to 10 more days should be in their peak! Beautiful! Bet you will have some cool nights! Bring some warm clothes with ya ;)

SunnyD57
09-26-2003, 12:39 PM
AMANDA ~ So good to see you posting again! I hope that everything gets better for you and Nigel real soon! My prayers for you both always. I feel for anyone going through the kind of anxieties you have described Nigel going through. I have gone through them... ( not nearly as often as I use too---thank the Lord.) What I do is... I talk to the child inside myself that becomes afraid of new things (nooo, not out loud--- :sssh: Gary --- I can hear that mind of your turning :) ) and imagine taking her hand and walking through the door with her as an adult & taking slow deep breathes... it really works. And 'noooo' I am not crazy... it's what I do so I don't become crazy! You see, Amanda, I was badly abused by my father when I was young from the age of 5 till I was 12 - beaten at times, but mostly it was sexual abuse. A common secret in many families I am afraid. That's why I feel so blessed to have my Joe! He has always been there to help me through the nightmares, sleepless nights, fears & anxieties. He has loved me through all the stages of growth that I have gone through. And he has restored the faith I have in men again... Joe is such a good man! I have a good relationship with my father today and he has apologized for all he has done (which is more then most get!), so I was able to move on after some time. But he still does things that hurt, but that is just my Dad. Women have their place, you know, barefoot and preg (according to him).... but I can't even have children, so where did that put me in his eyes. I still sense a disappointment when I visit, but my mom tries to make up for it. She and I have shared so much and she too has helped me to heal those wounds. It never goes away... you just learn to handle it and grow past it. :)

So sorry to go on... but I do have an idea what you & Nigel must be feeling with anxiety attacks. God Bless you both!! And thanx for allowing me venting time ;)

Hello SAMI ~ Good to have you back and posting again, but so sorry that you have been delt some really bad cards lately!! I sure do hope you have a much better day into the weekend!!!

Hey SHERRY ~ Where ya been lately???? Hope all is well and you just have been busy.

SPROUT ~ My prayers!!!! I don't know anything more powerful ;) I wish you and your DFamily the very best with trying to decide what is the right thing to do.

JUDY ~ I have to clean today too! Haven't begun yet - wanted to catch up here first. Then I have tons to do after being gone most the week. The cats can make such a mess if you don't keep up! I hate to house clean, don't you? But after it's all done it just looks and smells so nice. I just got a call from a lady I use to clean for many years ago - she wanted to hire me again... I was like "are you kiddin' ? I barely keep up with my home now :lol: " I had to tell her no... haven't done that in over 10 years now.

My prayers for you and your DD, Laura. My girlfriend's daughter just got her permit and is going for her driving test this Saturday. She has me praying for her too! She is so worried about the winter and the fact that she'll be a new driver. It's terrible here in the winter (snow-belt!) They buck heads allot too. It's gotta be the age. She is 19 now but they have been going at it since she turned 15! Don't want to be in their home when they cycle together... her poor hubby. And they just got a new car for themselves so when she passes her test she can have the older car. Lisa was like "I'm not driving that car!" --- NOW it's "I can't wait!" She has already made evening plans to meet with her boyfriend that night, and hasn't even taken the test yet! :lol: My girlfriend says her daughter is turning her prematurely gray :lol: "LUCK & PRAYERS for YOU & your DD!!!"

I hope I haven't left anyone out... forgive me if I have.
Parish the thought.

THANK YOU ~ALL~ again for the kind words and prayers!

(((Hugs)))
:sunny:

God's mercy can't end.
O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good:
for his mercy endureth for ever. Psalm 107:1

Mitchypoo
09-26-2003, 02:38 PM
Yeah, Sunny is back! Sorry you've been occupied w/funerals, that is no fun, but glad you are back.

Really proud of you for going to Curves! That is really wonderful. Sounds like you have a great place to go, that is something if she already has over 200 people signed up. The one i worked for is very similar to curves, we had 9 machines and she couldn't get over 100 people signed up. But IMO it is because of her management, which is why i don't work there anymore.....very negative and schemey and just gave me a bad feeling. But as far as the workout and the program, it's GREAT for women! You will do well, i am sure. Did you take your weight and measurements? If not, consider it, cuz it's fun to see your progress monthly and sometimes the inches mean a lot and not the pounds.

I came home early from work today, i was just whipped, my head is killing me w/this sinus thing and i feel like I haven't slept. I'm heading for a long nap this afternoon!

SunnyD57
09-26-2003, 03:04 PM
Hey there girl, Thanks for the big welcome back :)

Yes, I did get weighed and measured when I started Curves on the 17th { *note the weight change on my sig ;) slight but every little bit cts! } So I am looking forward to getting it done again I think on the 17th of next month. Is it every 4 wks or every 6 wks they do weight & measure again? Well, anywho... I am ready.

Gotta get back to my house keeping.
Take a good long nap!
You gotta get better.
Ta!

EZMONEY
09-26-2003, 08:48 PM
HI EVERYONE--

What do you mean you saw my Raiders play Monday night SunnyD? You are a liar! I don't know who in the heck that was in the Raider uniform but it wasn't them:lol: Actually I think there is going to be many more like that this year:( I jus hope we beat the local team the Chargers this Sunday or I won't hear the end of it from my "friends". Before I got to the sad part of your story (so sorry for you) I was gonna ask you to walk my Raiders by hand through there next game 'cause something for sure is scaring the living daylights out of them!!

Angie has got her "trial" journal printed and will get them bound on Monday so I will be getting them out to those that asked for them next week-- I will pm you for your addresses over the week-end.

The social worker for the court will be coming by next week to check on my house to see if it is fit enough to hold my nephew now that he is going to be my legal gaurdian-- can't figure them out-- it is ok to be a foster home-- they NEVER checked on me after they left him here to see how he was doing before or if he was even HERE!! They care more about where I keep my cleaners for the kitchen than my nephew I think. It is no wonder they lose kids.

Sprout-- Judy makes very good points-- all I know is our local high school has a great special ed program-- but she brought up that all of them don't-- the main point I was trying to make was that it sounded like your boy needed some space for his very own.

Michele I am sorry to hear you are still feeling bad-- get over it soon okie-dokie. Prayers for your Dad!!! My goodness I bet your mom could just kill him!!

doitforme-- camping again?! Go figure-- maybe you should just get rid of your place and get a 2 story tent-- save on bills:lol: I am praying that the job for you "custom ordered by God" comes soon. Me, if I don't like where I am at- I just quit:lol: then somehow or an other Angie finds out and I have to go ask for my job back:lol:

Sunny-- when my kids got their drivers license I wouldn't allow them to drive at night for awhile-- that would solve your friends problem with the boyfriend/dd thing. I had a bunch of restrictions until I felt and my kids felt they were ready to head out like the rest of us-- so long only in town and daytime-- then nights- then day freeway then nights etc.

SAMI-- OK-- I finally figured it out-- why all the bad luck-- you must be living on some old Indian burial ground or something-- there just must be a whole gang of evil spirits out to get you-- no one has all that bad luck-- except maybe ANGEL-LOVER-- continue with what you are doing because the end of it must be in site-- then my dear you will be on one heck of a good ride!!! for a very long time!!

Angel, I hope things are going smooth today. Amanda you too! Judy can you come help me out on my cleaning? Just kidding.

Everyone else- please come back.

Well gotta Angie has dinner ready-- tacos-- fried! The absolute only thing she will ever fry!!! And that is the truth-- I haven't seen fried chicken since my ex-wife left.

IN HIS CARE-Gary

SunnyD57
09-27-2003, 08:56 AM
http://webclipart.miningco.com/library/Thanks/tharv1t.gif

:rain: It's raining like the dickens here!! Had a huge storm come through @ around 2:30am! Woke us up it was so loud... now it's just wet!

Hey GARY... No need to feel sorry for me - that's okay really (but I thank you for the internet hug ;) ) I am pretty darn good these days and do better all the time. Have learned not to use what has happened to me as a excuse to continue destroying myself. If I were to let it continue - it would be as if I were still being abused. And I am not anymore (a slow process over the last 12 years or so). What I did was take the time to talk with my father, face to face & learn about his past to see what made him tick (so I could see why he did what he did) and it really has helped me in my recovery. And it has helped him too. He saw that I still loved him and was very interested to learn about his life & past. He got to relieve himself of past pain too! Awesome (!) what God can do to heal our lives when we let go!! And if I could - I would walk your Raiders in... they surely need a helping hand, don't they. Well until the recent game - you & I could sit on the sidelines and weep :cry: for our teams together --- "Luck" for this Sunday's game! Will it be televised? I am really hoping that they both do well this season. Unlike Michele :D... she looks to have a winning team! :p :^:

And I will suggest to my girlfriend some of the things you mentioned as far as her DD's driving habits. Good suggestions!

As far as your DN goes... it just doesn't surprise me any at all. The system really does need to have an overhaul!! Begin from square one again - I think they have gotten lost in the maze of paperwork and have lost sight of the needs of the families and children! I wish you well!

I am looking forward to Angie's Journal and will send my address (pm) right after I finish here, okay.

Oh... before I forget! Joe & I saw the movie "SECONDHAND LIONS" and highly recommed it to you all! Just a wonderful, funny, feel good movie! It even leaves you at the end with a laugh! Wonderful film! (don't listen to those critics!)

You all have a great day!
I am off to have some breakfast :hun: with my hubby.
Later...

sprout
09-27-2003, 02:38 PM
To all that responded to my last post -- thanks so much. It does help.
Some of the problem we had was that with going to our doctor, who also attends our church -- we went not because of academics but because of behaviors that are not appropriate for a 15 1/2 year old. After 2 visits doctor says it is not a medical issued but an academic issue -- he feels the kid is not on the 'slow ' side but on the above normal side. Doc just did not get why we were were -- I know where our son is academics -- he is very bright -- but it is all the inappropriate things that he does that is so hard to deal with. The lying, the laziness/lack of motivation -- son says school is school no matter where you do it that it is just plain boring and he doesnt want to do it -- but he also states he wants an education so he can in the future get a good job -- he is not able at this time to put them together.
Doc referred us to the high school principal -- also a member of our church! -- and the principal said he agreed that our son was bright but that to put him in public school really is not a good thing. He gave me a number to call on Monday -- where son could go for 3 hours a day and work on just one subject each day -- all on the computer. There are about 20 people in the class and all different ages with a teacher that goes around making sure they get help when needed. So that is an option -- the downfall though is that he would do 1 subject per day until that subject is completed for the given year. So this means he will not be finished grade 12 when he is 18 -- more like around age 25 -- and when we talked to son about this he flatly said no way -- I want to be finished when I am 18. The other down side of only doing 3 hours -- from 9 - noon each day -- then he has all the rest of the day for ???? He doesn't want to get a part time job but said that if we put him in this other program than he wants to spend all afternoon and evening just watching tv -- and I don't agree with that all -- to much free time is also not good. Especially for these types of kids -- they just end up getting into trouble. We have son in 3 activities per week -- and that keeps him busy enough with his peers.

It would be nice to get in touch with medical people that understand but when they sluff it off as not a problem -- obviously they aren't living with these children. Anyway I have now gotten the number of 2 other places that will properly assess him not on academics but on behavior -- so that should help. And knowing that if worst comes to worst we could put him into this alternate schooling for 3 hours per day -- with the knowledge that in 3 years he would only have completed grade 10 rather than 12, and would not be ready education wise to go out into the work world.

Good thing though this has all done, I think it has opened the son's eyes a little -- last few days he has tried harder to comply with the rules of the house as he says he thinks we are going to make him go to this other alternate school which he doesn't want. Even seeing a small improvment helps but we worry so much about his future -- will he be able to hold down a job for any length of time or is he going to be like so many of these children that go from job to job every few months due to lack of motivation and concentration.

Good news is that I am off the plateau re my weight. Have been first doing my Christian 12 Step Program -- leaning more on Christ every day, and then applying Dr. Phil's 7 keys to my life -- and I think I am getting down to some of the hard issues that I need to deal with -- therefore the loss of weight has come.

I am working re the weight loss not so much from the weekly weighins or even so much as the monthly weigh ins but am looking at where am I going to be in 12 months from now. I know where I was 12 months ago -- and it has not changed for the better really -- so I am working on changing life styles so that in 12 months I can say, yes, I am healthier, and my weight is one of the items that prove this.

As for walking -- I have now walked 634 miles with my next goal at 650 and the goal for December of this year to have completed 700 miles. I know I am going to make that goal -- I am now walking 30 minutes each day - between 1.50 to 2 miles each time.

Thanks again everyone for your helpful suggestions!! We will step forward, we will do what is necessary, we will be happier, healthier people -- because we have a great cheerleader on our side -- our precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

EZMONEY
09-27-2003, 06:09 PM
Good luck with that boy of yours Marilyn-- I found it kind of funny that he says school is boring-- that is all my nephew used to say until 2 weeks ago-- I told him that he wasn't allowed to use that word describing his day anymore-- he has come up with quite a few ways to say it in a different way-- however- sometimes he says positive things now.

wilma12
09-27-2003, 06:12 PM
It's a cool, dreary day here and I'm not feeling well on top of it. I've been fighting a sore throat and flu bug. DH and I went shopping and I could hardly wait to come home. We're trying to decide on what type of flooring to put in our bathroom. We went to a seminar on how to lay ceramic tile and it looked quite easy. The problem is the time constraint and the fact that DH doesn't have a lot of free time on his hands.

I went to Curves yesterday and was really glad to get back at it. Wed. they start opening at 6:30 a.m. so I'll be able to get in earlier and do a full routine.

Sunny and Michele: I know that you're both on the SBD and are having some success with it. I just read up on it in a magazine and found it interesting. I'm going to give it a try. I just have to try and find the book first. Keep me posted on how you're doing with it.

Sprout: I wouldn't be able to advise you on what to do for your son. I haven't had to deal with ADD so I'm not an expert. My guys both went through the Christian school system right up through graduation and we haven't been sorry. You have to do what you think is best for him because you know him the best. It is worth listening to expert opinion.

Sami: I'm so sorry you had a bad day on Thursday. I sure hope they've improved since then. You deserve the best. You mentioned that you're doing indoor walking. Have you tired the Leslie Sansone indoor walking tapes? I really enjoy them. You can get 1,2, or 3 mile tapes. One of her series uses Christian music and I especially enjoy doing those.

Well, Im going to go get some rest and then it's time to make some Hamburger Soup. Easy and nutritious for those guys who keep popping in here expecting to be fed.

Take care!

Amanda Panda
09-27-2003, 06:29 PM
Hello all,

Nigel resigned today! Yeaaaaah! He wrote a 5 page letter pointing out all their incompetencies over the past 10 months and said they had left him no option but to resign. We both feel a real sense of relief that he does not have to deal with them anymore. The letter he wrote is really good - well thought out and argued and not emotive at all - he's going to send all his evidence to a solicitor who will assess whether he has a case for 'constructive dismissal'. Looking at his letter, I hope he can take it further - but I am biased!

Also I have decided to only weigh myself monthly from now on - I can't stand the trauma of the weekly weigh in anymore. It drives me mad! My weight is so up and down - even though I know I'm doing all the right things. The thing is with water retention and hormones and plateaus etc, the weekly weigh in is doing nothing for my self esteem - I think monthly will be a more accurate reading. I refuse to be a slave to the scales any longer - hallelujah!

SUNNY D - Thanks for sharing those most private things about yourself. You must have such strength of character to be able to challenge your father and maintain a relationship with him - wow, you are a strong and special lady!. I am thinking of applying for a job locally which is doing therepeutic work with children who have been abused. It is something that I have always been interested in, but I doubt if I'll get it because of my health record and I don't have much experience in that area. It is definately something I would like to do though - at some point I want to study for an MA in Play Therapy as that is something I would love to do as a career.

GARY - Hope the social work visit goes okay - I know you'll have no problems.

SPROUT - You carry on doing what you feel is best for your boy. It sounds like you know what you are doing and have done a good job up to now.

ANGEL - Hope things are getting better for you and you get the settlement that you deserve.

Everyone else - blessings to you all. May God shower you with his love during the week ahead.

Love Amanda xx

SunnyD57
09-28-2003, 08:12 AM
http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/opchgr5.gif

Good Sunday Morning everyone!

Just me ~ stopping in very breifly to wish you all a
very Beautiful, Restful Sunday...

Sure do miss you all not stopping in lately...
Where's Sherry these day's and Connie,
Angel, Amy, Christie & Jamie just to begin with.
(I feel like I'm at Romper-Room :lol: looking
through my magic mirror :lol: )

Miss everyone when they don't stop in :(
Hope you do again soon!

May you ~ALL~ have a Wonderful Day today and I
will stop in when I get the next moment to.
God Bless!

God can't be surpassed.
Thus saith the Lord the King of Isreal, and his
redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and
I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

Mitchypoo
09-28-2003, 08:24 AM
I'm up early cuz i got lots of sleep yesterday, so i'm off to church early! Will check in later!

Sunny~you are up early too i see! Have a blessed day! That goes for all of you!

EZMONEY
09-28-2003, 10:46 AM
HEY I remember Romper Room Sunny-- She never said my name when looking in the mirror, thanks for dragging up my sad past-- a big L.O.L. Go Browns. Michele glad to see you getting your rest, go Vikings. Wilma I love hamburger soup-- how do you make it? Amanda- YIPEE for Nigel-- take a deep breath now and start your new lives!
Gotta run-- heading down to San Diego this morning to my daughter's college for a worship service and an awards banquet- for all the sports teams on campus-- see you late this afternoon.
IN HIS CARE- Gary

wilma12
09-28-2003, 08:27 PM
Don't feel bad Gary. Romper Room never called my name either.
Here's my recipe for Hamburger Soup. Hope you enjoy it.

1 1/2 lbs. hamburger
1 med. onion, chopped fine
28 oz. can tomatoes
2 cups water
3 cans beef consomme
1 can tomato soup
4 carrots, chopped fine
4 sticks celery, chopped fine
1 bay leaf
parsley
1/2 tsp. thyme
8 tbsp. pearl barley
salt and pepper to taste.

Brown meat and onions. Drain well. combine all ingredients in a large pot. simmer covered, at least 2 hours or all day.
Serves 10.

DH and I have has a relaxing day. Went to church this a.m. and stayed for a fundraiser lunch. It was nice to get to know some more people. Then came home and relaxed.

Tomorrow it's up early to go to Curves and start a new day.

Here's wishing all of you a great week.

sprout
09-28-2003, 08:57 PM
Havng a good day today.
Church service was good.
Hubby was home rather than being called out to work!!
Son is cooperating so much better these last few days (so nice when we have good days -- have to remember them and forget the unpleasant ones!!)

Startng my 3rd week of doing the Dr. Phil's Challenge along with the Christian 12 Step Program for Weight Loss -- am feeling very positive about it.

Looking forward to having a good report from doctor on Wednesday

EZMONEY
09-28-2003, 10:57 PM
Thanks so much for the recipe Wilma- I have already copied it and can't wait for a rainy day to put it to use. Sprout glad to see the son doing better- he is focusing on something different- behaving instead of not behaving- cool.

Just got back from a long day at daughter's school worship and awards banquet from last year- then my son's soccer game tonight- still have to eat dinner: Angie went to get....

In and Out-- bet Michele is the only one that knows what I am talking about.
Bye it is here.

eisenj
09-29-2003, 07:07 AM
Hi everyone

Feeling very tiered. Can't seem to get a good nights sleep. I'm looking forward to getting a cpap machine for my sleep apnea. A guy at church said it changed his life. His wife said she is sleeping better also. Another guy at church went out of his way and found a christan health supply person to help me. He is so sweet. I was really touched. I'll call her this week. I don't know what I'd do without my christan friends.

lLaura went out with Paul (husband) to learn to drive. She was so scared she barely put her foot on the gas. She told me I would have to drive her around the rest of my life. I DON'T THINK SO.....:lol: :lol: She was so afraid one of her friends would see her in the station wagon. Its not cool enough! She is not learning in the new car.

Went on a wemans retreat this weekend. The guest speakers were from Jacksonville Florida. They were awesome. The men of the church, served the ladies Breakfast, lunch and dinner. They also prayed over the conference. It was up lifting. I saw alot of my friends at my old church. They miss me so much. The new preacher and his wife are so kind. He has made big changes in the church. It has about 100 new members since last year. I wish them all well. I just don't think I can go back. I ate so much at the conference. I think I've gained 5lbs.

" some people complain because God put thorns on roses, while others praise Him for putting roses among thorns"

SunnyD57
09-29-2003, 08:08 AM
http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/irnewch91.gif
Good Rainy :rain: Morning Gang :)

What a really nice afternoon my hubby & I had yesterday... we went with our friends to a church chicken Bar-B-Q and then walked among the old 1950's cars (love 'em!) and I drempt of the day I would have my 1957 Bel-Air Convertable in butter yellow (did they make 'em in butter yellow then??) --- crusing around with my ponytail and scarf & 1950's music playing on the radio. Now doesn't that sound like fun :cp: Bet you couldn't tell... I am a big fan of the 50's ;) We got home just in time to catch America's Funniest Home Video's on TV - new shows... really love the animal and baby ones!

We went to bed fairly early, but I feel like I could sleep another few hours! Must be the rain we are having... the sound is soothing and it's still dark out. Before Curves, Monday's were my Jammie days... but I gave them up & am gonna go to my Curves workout. Don't want to mess up my record of 6 whole classes. I wish I could see some results though... I must admit I am feeling a little disheartened this morning, because I have been watching my diet and do all I am to do and haven't really noticed anything in my how my clothes fit or on the scale! Thought I might... I'll give it another couple weeks before I step on the scale again. I have NOT gained, but I haven't lost either :(

Morning GARY ~ We were gone all day yesterday, so I didn't get to see any games. How did your team do?? Did they play? We did... and didn't do so well :( Lost 14/21... bummer. How did your son's game go? Did they WIN?!

Sunny and Michele: I know that you're both on the SBD and are having some success with it. I just read up on it in a magazine and found it interesting. I'm going to give it a try. I just have to try and find the book first. Keep me posted on how you're doing with it.
WILMA ~ In answer to your question. I know allot of Dr's that are recommending the SBD now to patients --- if that menas anything. Because it is a healthier way of eating. The first Phase is the toughest I think, but once I went into Phase-II I felt better. But did notice that I lose weight much slower. As I stated earlier, I haven't seen any loss lately, but have NOT gained either and feel so much better. Like this morning for breakfast I had and eggwhite omlet with sauted celery and a bit of red onion in Olive Oil & 1/2 slice of munster cheese inside. Very filling and tasty. I do notice you have to take some time to prepare more, so you eat better foods (more veggies). I think you would like it (after Phase-I... which is a cleansing phase and not easy). You may get headaches or feel very tired, each person reacts differently. And it is very important you drink your water! Very! I also take 1 Citrucil tablet at dinnertime everyday, it really helps... "Luck!"

And I too am gonna try your soup! Sounds great!

Hello SPROUT ~ So glad to hear that you had such a good day yesterday also and that your son is doing so much better. Still holding you in my prayers as far as your health goes!!

Hi JUDY ~ So sorry you are feeling tired - sure do hope you get that machine soon. Have you already sent for it?? It does make such a huge difference when you get a good nights sleep.

Hi MICHELE ~ Speaking of sleep... how did you do over the weekend?? I see you had an early start to your Sunday as well. I always do! My clock (in my body) goes off at the same time everyday - every DAY! No matter... so I am usually up by 5 or 5:30am. I think today " Iiii " may take a nap... I still feel very tired. Must be the dark, rainy day we are having today. Good old Lake effect storms! (Lake Erie) I hope you continue to do better each day! Did you have a good day at Church? You sounded so chipper ;) Feeling better after those sinus headaches?

Morning AMANDA ~ I am so very happy for you and Nigel... hopefully soon you both will be able to begin anew. My prayers for new jobs and much more happiness in your futures!

ANGEL ~ Just want you to know I'm thinkin' bout ya. Sure hope everythings going well for you!

Well, I must be getting ready for my exercise class - don't want to miss. You ~All~ have a great day today!
God Bless! (((Hugs)))

SunnyD57
09-29-2003, 08:18 AM
http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/irnewchsh.gif

Goodness! Cannot forget you SUE! How was your weekend camping??? Hope it was a dry one, sure wasn't here. Had a fairly dry day yesterday (sprinkles here & there) but it was a wet weekend overall. And still is today.

SunnyD57
09-29-2003, 12:33 PM
Romper, bomper, stomper, boo
Tell me, tell me, tell me, do
Magic Mirror, tell me today
Will all my friends have fun at play?

http://63.249.87.245/she/portfolio/design/shedesign/techniques/roltest_images/monkey-magnify.gif

She never called my name either :^: but I sure waited with baited breathe every time I watched :o !

EZMONEY
09-29-2003, 01:27 PM
Hey Lady with the mirror-- I am here!

Just stopped home to take my nephew to the doctor-- he came home yesterday from the week-end at his mom's with pink eye- ahh-- not his fault, I called the school to tell them and they said it is going around and a notice was being sent home today-- The problem I might have is that he was playing with a 2 year old and a 3 year old at my son's soccer game. He went with my son to the game right after he returned home from his mom's and when my wife and I got to the game he was 50 yards away playing, after the game he rode home with my son again so I never really saw his eye until this morning-- I guess he told my son his eye was red from swimming but never mentioned it to me.. ahh.. and to make matters worse when I called the doctor this morning, my family doctor they told me that his mom removed him from their services when he was with her for 3 months-- aaahhh-- it took awhile but they tracked down his new doctor and I was able to get him in later today. I hope it is just pink eye.

Well gotta go- Gary

Mitchypoo
09-29-2003, 01:47 PM
Hi all!

Gary~how could you do that to me? Mention In-n-Out when I'm home today and need some comfort food! ;) Ah, yes, they have the best french fries, made fresh right there, and there hamburgers are yum and i also like their chocolate shakes (unfortunately). Hope it was good! Do you know they make a burger called a Naked Burger? It's for low carbers, and it's all the goodies inside but wrapped in lettuce leaves.

Oh, glad your team won, yea Raiders! But the Vikes did really well too, even w/o Culpepper!

Sunny~I can see you in your butter yellow classic car looking cute and having a great time! You seem to really enjoy your time with DH. You are very fortunate.

Well, i'm hope today, just felt awful this a.m. They had prayer for me last night at Alpha to get rid of this mono, it was very touching. But after feeling so well in the a.m. and going to church i did take it easy, slept for a couple before Alpha and about 1/2 way through i could feel it again and was exhausted. I'm trying to really listen to my body. I sure could have used the hours today but wasn't able to make it in.

I never heard from the WA guy and that is just as well. He told his Aunt (my guy friends mother that I just wanted someone to take care of me). He asked me if i said that, and i had to think back, but yes I did! BUT it was after he made a comment that HE wanted someone to take dare of him! And what I said was, "Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not taking care of anyone anymore, i want someone to take care of me!" We even discussed that in a relationship we take care of eachother, which i have no problem with, but I was done being the caretaker and the one who made everything ok. Men are so stupid sometimes and i don't think it had anything to do with a comment i made. He got scared and I don't want someone like him in my life. Time to really move on. I think it was the Lord showing me once again that he wasn't right for me. Man, i'm stubborn, it's taken me almost a whole year to get it! :(

It's almost 1 pm and i haven't eaten anything.....how unlike me? :?: Time to go eat, think i'll make egg-in-a-holes!

Have a great day!

Daise
09-29-2003, 07:04 PM
Hey Y'all!!!!!!!!!! Ok well it has been interesting settling back in to the swing of things. my sinuses and equilibrium have been way off since I've been back from that cruise. I have also been dealing with some concerns about the relationship with my boyfriend. We've ben tating for 2 years and I am at the point where I need to know if he's in this for marriage or not. And if not, I can't keep being in this to be led on, because I want marriage and a family of my own. I have really been praying about these things that have been bothering me, and then other issues have bugged me since I came back with him also...so it's not been to happy the past week. Pray that we will talk things through, that anger will not step in, and that we will pray about our relationship and where God wants it to go.

You all write so much and so fast I have a hard time keeping up, also when you are in customer service via email mostly...it's hard to use your break times or at home time...typing more. But I do try to read and pray for each of you.

I hope you all are starting the week off blessed.

Jamie

sprout
09-29-2003, 08:08 PM
This living your life around medical checkups is the pits -- When it comes this close get a bit nervous about the checkup -- wanting it to go well on Wednesday with him saying that all is clear. (If it isn't this time then back to the hospital 5 hours away to be admitted and put to sleep to see why my inside is not healing)

Assuming that it has healed, then I feel good until the following checkup which is in 2 months -- seems I just get over one and then the next one is upon us.

Anyone see Dr. Phil today -- I am really enjoying this challenge -- am learning a lot from listening to his questions to the challengers. Gives me more thought so when I return to my journal. Am I ever going to have lots to put in it this week!!!

Things are turning around for the better though -- feeling so much closer to Christ, am seeing issues that I had thought I had made amends for but see that they are still issues I need to get a handle on -- and when those get cleared up other things such as my eating disorder will fall into proper order.

Walking is going great and weight is starting to come off. Am looking at being down another 10 pounds by beginning of December which is feesible I think.

eisenj
09-30-2003, 07:22 AM
Hi

Went walking about a mile and a quarter. Today I'll go to curves. I haven't lost any weight in three weeks. When I go to curves tommarow I'll get measured. I hope I at least lost inches.

~ Gary~ I hope your nephew gets help for that pink eye. It doesn't take long to get rid of it once you get treatment.

~ SunnyD~ I like classic cars too. When Paul and I got married we had several GTOs following our rented white classic rolls. We turned a few heads that day. Whats your favorite car? I love antique shopping. If only I had the money to buy a few things. It's like being a child in a candy shop.

~ Amanda~ Thank God Nigel left that job. All that weight lifted off his shoulders. Now he can look for something he truly loves. Life is to short to be working in a job you hate. God bless and guide both of you.

~ Daise~ I think 2 years is plenty of time to know if your right for each other. Many men are afraid of commitment. Does he have a love for the Lord? If he doesn't, marrage can be real tough. A couple that prays together ,stays together. You can work through anything if you have the same values and faith.

~Michele~ I'm praying you get better. Sorry about your relationship not working. One thing I did when I was dating was watch how he treated his mom. I never dated a moma's boy ,because they have a tough time seperating with her when married ,but I watched if he was respectful and kind. I dated one guy who treated me well, but was disrespectful to his mom. He cussed her out. I dropped him like a pancake. If he was like that to her now how would he be down the road to me. He was violant and cruel and he was putting a show on to impress me.

eisenj
09-30-2003, 09:20 AM
I forgot my quote for the day,

" A mistake is not a mistake if you learned a lesson from it"

' If you stand still long enough, people will throw dirt on you."

" Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

"Is your life out of harmony? Change your tune."

" do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketcup."

Mitchypoo
09-30-2003, 09:24 AM
Hello all!

Judy~Yep, I think you are right about men and how they treat their mother, i say that too but i also add how they treat animals. If he has a cruel nature, you'll see it come out w/how he relates to animals. This guy is maybe a momma's boy. He is 49 yo but followed his parents from MN to WA and works w/the family and I've heard he's kind of a momma's boy. But he seemed very respectful of all people. So you just never know. I heard last night that he also did not like that i expected him to call me all the time, which is such a laugh! I called him plenty, mainly if he called me first, but sometimes not, i made the effort, and wasn't sitting around waiting for him. But i did give up after awhile and then he didn't like it I guess that i wasn't chasing him.... so sad when you think about it. It was a good lesson that the Lord taught me.

At work today but truly felt the same this a.m. and could have kept on sleeping. My cat kept me up last night, up at 1 and 3 with him running around the house, making noise, meowing, just playing and he left me a present this a.m. too :mouse: Ick!!! It's getting colder outside so I guess i have to deal w/this for awhile. The cat went missing for 5 days and came back this Sunday, so i'm not complaining. I missed him so much.

Amanda Panda
09-30-2003, 09:47 AM
Hi Friends!

Just popping in real quick (before Sunny comes looking for me!:lol: )

JUDY - Thanks for your prayers. I wouldn't worry about not losing weight for 3 weeks - I've been having the same problem and have now hidden the scales and will only weigh myself monthly - I think we can get too caught up with our weekly weigh ins, our weight fluctuates so much due to water retention and hormones etc - weekly weigh ins don't show an accurate picture. However, I definately encourage you to take your measurements - I took mine on Saturday and I've lost 10 inches in a month! I've lost 2 inches off my waist, 2 off my hips, 1 off my chest and other various 1/2 and 1 inch losses across my body. Seeing those reductions has really boosted my motivation - the scales have been very slow to move , but those measurements show that what I am doing really is making a difference!

Must go - hello to you all!

Love Amanda xx

SunnyD57
09-30-2003, 11:31 AM
http://www.graphicgarden.com/misc1/graphics/linkware/misc/sunflw1/snfwcl1g.gifGood Morning ~GANG~

I must agree with you AMANDA! {you are so adorable!} My hubby says I should put the scale away! I have been doing well and it shows and I shouldn't be looking at that darn thing. I was bumming because of the scale just the other day---darn thing! I too bloat 'very easily with IBS' and then get all discourraged. I have to keep telling myself that I am doing well and just to keep on truckin'
I just got this quote from my friend! It fits our conversation, Amanda ;)
"Yard by yard, life is hard. Inch by inch, life's a cinch!"

Sorry JUDY ~ Didn't mean to step on your 'quote' toes... I really enjoy yours!!!! But just had to pass on the one my friend just sent me ;)

Yes! I too enjoy the Antique shops! Allot! When we go to Maine we always stop at the small shops on the roadside. I think I mentioned my fav car --- the Butter Yellow Bel-Air but I also have enjoyed the FIREBIRDS ;) I am a big buff of the past! Enjoy old pics and alike too.

I will catch you all later... I have tons of paperwork to do today for our church musicians and must get it done before we have practice tonight @ 7:00.

Loves & {{{Hugs}}}

SunnyD57
09-30-2003, 02:19 PM
Hi :wave: I'm back to finish my notes... got all my paperwork caught up and it didn't take me as long as I thought it would, yea! After I am done here I have to get back to the cards I made for "ALL" the September birthdays! Yes, I am behind, but they love me anyway ;) It takes time to get these cards made up --- so many! There must have been some COLD September's here in OH ;)

JUDY ~ About your cars... I bet that White Rolls was absolutely beautiful (!) - woulda loved going for a ride in that car! :yes: My x-B-I-L use to rebuild antique cars and he has a 1930's PACKARD that I really liked, now going to his daughter! He is dying of cancer now from the paint fumes of rebuilding those cars (he did it for many yrs) --- so very sad. (Prayers for Earl!) We use to go with him and the family all the time in those cars in parades - so much fun! Even though Anne & Earl are divorced we all stay in touch (even his x-Anne, she is helping to care for him now that he is ill with cancer).

MICHELE ~ I must agree with you about guys and animals too... my Joe just loves animals and he is such a good man.

You let you buddy out? I can't... rules of the park I live in (Manufactured Homes). But I still wouldn't - just too many diseases today and I would worry sick about them & miss them too! But then again - I am strangely close to my boys. ( :sssh: Gary ;) ) They will even stop in my computer room if I am in here too long and beg for my attentions. But I have so many toys and a huge kitty gym we bought them last Christmas and we just put a kitty door in the door to our enclosed porch, so they can go watch birds when they want to. So I hope they don't feel too deprived. I am glad yours made it home to you okay. My sister has cats that go missing like that. One time I thought Guido got out (when he was about 7 - 8 months old) and I frantically went out into the rain & early morning darkness looking and calling out to him. Well, after a good 30 min. went by I heard the kitchen cabinet door open & close... he was in the cabinet the whole time and couldn't get out! :lol: And he looked at me like - What??? - I even had poor Joe looking... yep I am sad :lol:

SUE ~ Where are youuuu? :^: How was your camping weekend??

SPROUT ~ Yep! Saw Dr. Phil - I watch him everyday and I have allot to think about! I really do feel for ~ALL~ those people! Don't you? I have a feeling he isn't gonna let any of them go... I hope I am correct. I think it's part of the reality game that TV likes to play to keep you watching :dz: (to say they will be letting 5 go). Can't wait to find out today.

JAMIE ~ I am afraid that I am a chatterbox :comp: and make things hard for you all on this thread, huh. So Sorry! But so very glad to see that you dropped by to say "Hi" ;) :) :smug:

I will keep you close in Prayers for you and your boyfriend of 2 years... commitment seems to be such a big issue these days with most men. They want the fun, but not the work! "It takes the rain & the sun to create a rainbow" Prayers!!!

And then there's GARY ~ Where are you these days guy? :?: ? Miss seeing you around everyday, must be working allot. And busy with your nephew, Ron, being ill ~ hope he's doing much better! And that you got the Dr thing all straightened out. Hope that all is going well for you, Angie and the family!! I saw in Michele's note to you that the RAIDERS won --- yeah for you and your team :cp:! You got to save face with your buddies, huh.

Well, I guess that is it for now... miss you ANGEL Hope that all is going well for you and your family!

SunnyD57
09-30-2003, 02:34 PM
SHERRY ~ Are you doing okay :?:
I miss seeing you around :(

SunnyD57
09-30-2003, 02:43 PM
You too SAMI ~ Where are you?
Hope that you aren't ill and that you are
having better days then the last time you visited us...

Come back soon, okay.

doitforme
09-30-2003, 05:11 PM
Sorry I haven't been here, but we had a send off for the two people from Ghana that was visiting all summer with our church, they are trying to get funds to start an orphanage, and I went to their send off on Monday morning then went to work, and a very dear biChrist was operated on this morning so I got up at 4am to be there for his surgery which was in Albany about 1.5 hours away. Anyway He did well repaired a ruptured disk in his back. I am off tom. taking my car to the garage, then bowling on Thurs. gotta get the church bullitin done for Sunday, it just never ends. Anyway here goes. I think I caught up.
Sunny thanks for missing me-it is always nice to be missed, it did rain this weekend, but I still had a great time, always do, I have just Columbus Day weekend to camp, then pack it in for the season. I aagree the 2nd week is much slower over all in 1st 2 weeks on sbd I lost 18 lbs. So can't complain really, just hope a decline of a couple pounds a week continues. Sorry to hear about xbil Earl, will keep him in my prayers . Cancer is so prevelent today. Mitchy Sorry to hear you now have sinus problem on top of mono, you poor thing, hope your soon up and about. Your right Mr Washington, can't be Mr. Right, because taking care of is a two way street, or should be hope your soon feeling much better, will keep you in my prayers.

doitforme
09-30-2003, 05:19 PM
Hey E.Z.- I still haven't heard about the job, There is a hiring freeze with the state here in N.Y. So, they post it, then apply for the exception to it, which will come through, then they give the position to someone, I am still in the running, but won't know anything for awhile yet, Just keep hoping and praying His will. Sorry to hear about Nephew's pink eye, hope that is soon healed, as it is itchy and yucky. I also pray all went well with social worker visit, sometimes you just have to wonder, what exactly they deem important.
Srpot- I pray everything works out for you and your ds you are right about our cheerleader, there is no better. Great job walking, and making it through the plateau, that often is the hardest part. Congrats.
Wilma- sorry to hear you are sick, seems alot of people are, will keep you in my prayers.Your hamburger soup sounds yummy. Gotta give it a whirl. Amanda- YEA H ! Bet your excited. Now you can get on with the rest of your lives, and CONGRATS 10 INCHES WOW great Job!! I agree with not being a slave to the scale, that how discouragement starts,

doitforme
09-30-2003, 05:25 PM
I am catching up with Sunny Ha Ha Ha! Just kidding, love your posts. Judy- My dad is on a c-pap machine and it makes a world of difference, He had to make several different attempts before He found one that worked for him, They kept causing his nose to run non stop like he had a sinus infection, they tried it with O2 without O2 Heated humidifier no humidifier , using tap water, using warm water, now using distilled water, He had to go on a couple nasal inhalers , but He is doing so much better, only occassionally bothers him, so if you have problems when you get it, keep trying and you'll find what works for you. Daise Sorry to hear you also are sick with a sinus oinfection and equilibrium problems, the equalibrium might be due to inner ear pressure connected with sinus infection, I cruise quite often and usually you get you land legs back within a couple days, if it persists you might want to have your ears checked.
hope this finds everyone else well, gotta run and eat dinner, love to all!!

SunnyD57
09-30-2003, 06:22 PM
http://ghoststalker.topcities.com/scale.gifThere are days I really like my scale...but today - NOT! I have practice to go to tonight and I feel like a blimp :dz: and don't know why. Did everything I was suppose to today, but do feel real tired.

Hi Sue :)

Later guys... :rolleyes:

Mitchypoo
09-30-2003, 07:00 PM
Found out today that I have Epstein-Barr virus :( Similar to mono, but different, can be a precursor to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome but not necessarily. It's so confusing. All I know is I want to be my old self again.

We're learning about Right Thinking in the Dr.Phil book this week so think i need to pay special attention to this. I want to be positive and do all i can to get well.

So, i'm off to bed.......

EZMONEY
09-30-2003, 07:01 PM
HI LADIES--

Been busy the last few days and when I get time to use the computer either my son, nephew or Angie needs it for school-- HEY don't they know what is important?:lol:

I will say hi to as many as I can before I go get Ron from his volleyball practice at school.

The awards banquet for my daughter's college sports teams was very nice. She got a plaque and a Starbucks gift certificate for being all-academic on the tennis team. I am always proud of her because I know how hard she works for her grades. I mentioned to the tennis liason (a very nice man and super tennis fan for the team- about 65 years old) that Amanda said the team looked much stronger this year overall and she may not get as much playing time. He said well you never know, she is much better already than last year (understanding myself quite clearly what my daughter's tennis level is I said "I know where Amanda is on the team-- meaning the ladder scale they use to determine your spot on the team) He said " I know where Amanda is too-- with ZAC!" her aaahhhh boyfriend. Myself, Angie and ex-wife got a kick out of that, the liason just adores my daughter.

SUNNYD-- Hey girl sorry I have been m.i.a. a little. I love the idea of the yellow Bel-Air, my grandfather had a 56 Bel-Air hardtop when we were kids- we just thought it was an old car- actually it was, it was the summer of '66 when I saw it last, we were back in Illinois visiting him and my other grandparents for the summer, less than a week after we got home he had a heart attack and passed away at the age of 53.
My first car, in '69 was a '67 Mustang GT with a 390 automatic in it- white with a red pin stripe. I rolled it when I was 15, a month away from my 16th B-day. I had saved for my car so I was able to buy it before I was 16-- I remember it was $2,000.00 It was repaired, I was driving with my brother and 2 men that were working for my dad, we were on the way to a job. I had one arm in a cast, it had been raining too, anyway when I got on the freeway I punched it to show them how fast it would go ( now remember I only did this because I was such a great driver and not because I was trying to be cool:nono:) Anyway just as soon as I hit the gas the car started spinning and over the embankment we went-- a mile from my house. Thank god no one got hurt-VERY BIG LESSON LEARNED!!!
Prayers fro Earl. Throw away that scale!! You really don't need it to motivate you-- just sticking to your own schedule and training will do it-- you should be proud if you went out and worked on your body/health- not wether or not you lost any weight. I think sometimes people give up too easily because their success is measured only by the scale. Don't give up!! Well gotta go get Ron. P.S. Angie was going to get that in the mail for you today on her way home from work. Later

EZMONEY
09-30-2003, 10:21 PM
-- MICHELE[/BHow about those Twins!! A big win over the Yanks. Being a Dodger fan I must tell you we HATE!! the Gianta and the Yankees!! stay away from mama's boys-- especially the whiney ones--There are good guys out there, you'll find him. I hope you start feeling better soon from the mono-- how long is it supposed to last? Guess what I ate from In and Out-- a double double, a singe hamburger and a fry-- the fries are smaller than they used to be I think but just as good. Yes I have heard of the Naked burger-- there are several "cult" ways to serve them-- there was a special on it in the paper awhile back-- me-- double double all the way!! Angie put yours in the mail today.

[B]AMANDA Great job on staying motivated!!

JUDY Still lovin' those quotes! Before you know it you will be walking 20 miles a day-- or at least 5!! I can relate to the station wagon thing-- when I was growing up my mom didn't drive so we only had 1 car-- I remember we had a station wagon when I was in 7th grade and my dad always took it to work, he was in the drywall business-- it seemed to be always dirty-- I was so scared someone I knew would see me in it. I have a truck that is always full of drywall tools and work things- I remember asking my kids when they were in high school one day if they were ashamed to be seen in it-- they said no way dad-- we are just glad you came to pick us up, etc.- I was so ashamed of myself for the way I felt back when I was a kid.

doitformeSue Look for great things when that freeze is over! You sure are busy at church-- do you have a e-mail newsletter there? We do at ours-- keeps us all informed on what is going on in case we don't read the bulletin or make it that week. How is the bowling going? Great job with the folks from Ghana. I hope your friends back is better soon. I think angie is getting yours out tomorrow she said.

MARILYN I understand what you mean on the check-ups-- the not knowing seems like it is always the worse-- I have never had a problem but waiting to hear results on my folks and family is tough. Good luck. How is the boy doing? Still wondering what you are going to do with him? He will be OK- has great parents!

JAMIE I would think in 2 years that that would be enough time to realize if marriage was an option. I forget how old you are but if you are older than late 20's that is plenty old enough to figure out if it is an option. I am not sure how often you see each other, and early in relationships we are on our best behavior, but after 2 years I am sure both of your guards have been down-- I think if I wasn't interested in marriage to a gal after dating for 2 years i would want to move on. Good luck and Prayers.

Gotta go- kids need the computer.

IN HIS CARE- Gary

eisenj
10-01-2003, 06:46 AM
Hi guys

Didn't sleep well again tonight. My husband has acid reflux and if he eats after 6pm he gets sick in his stomach. He took our son to a pizza place after soccer for a end of the season party. He had several pieces of pizza. He got up at 3am to get sick. I was so mad at him I couldn't go back to sleep. I have asked him several times to go to the doctor about it. I am really worried about him. He is so bull headed. He makes me so mad. He would feel so much better if he got some medication for it.

I went to Curves yesterday and got measured. I lost 6in. on my body. I'll try walking today, maybe one and a half miles on the track. I am so slow old people on crutchs pass me. Even road kill pass me. Just kidding......... Once the weight starts coming off I'll be able to pick up the pase. My daughter said I looked slimmer. I doubt you can tell yet but she is so sweet. I have a long way to go.

Matt won in the schools academic team I'm so proud of him.

Got to go

" If the eyes are looked upon as the windows to the soul, then a smile must be the doorway to the heart"

Mitchypoo
10-01-2003, 07:59 AM
Angie sent me a double-double? Oh, i love her!........:lol: j/k !!

EZMONEY
10-01-2003, 09:23 AM
OOPS! Michele- sorry to get your hopes up-- I meant the journal. Now if I could smush one for you in an envelope and .......

sami
10-01-2003, 11:03 AM
Hello how is everyone doing? I have had a lot going on I had a baby shower on sunday and bridal shower on tue (both church friends) I did have a few good days where I needed no pain meds and now I am not feeling well. I am watching to see if there is something that triggers it but so far I have found nothing in common. I will try to figure out how to scan some of the wedding pictures. EZ what is that saying if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have not luck at all! Good thing I don't count on luck with my life! LOL Yesterday I bought 2 1/2 gallons of Ice-cream and guess what I forgot to bring it in and I found it in the back of my Van this morning! And Monday I hit my knee on the file cabinet ( the one I just had the MRI done and it is sore! and My dog while I have been trying type this has gotten in the other dogs food bag and over ate and now just up chucked all over my couch! So I will go for now and try to get back on soon!
Prayers for all!
Sami

SunnyD57
10-01-2003, 11:13 AM
SAMI ~ Can't stay on right now, but just wanted to say it's good to see you again...

If you don't mind the verse --- You sound like :o "an accident waiting for a place to happen" :o these days... you poor thing. I hope it gets better for you - it sure couldn't get much worse :dizzy:
Later...

SunnyD57
10-01-2003, 12:02 PM
I just got off the phone with my hubby and he told me that our x-BIL, Earl, passed away last night from his lung cancer @ 8:30pm. Earl was waiting for his daughters to make it there (they were out of town) and they were visiting with him when he passed. So very sad... none of us expected him to pass on yet - we just saw him two weeks ago at a party and he was on the upswing and feeling better. He did look so very thin though. So very sad... so sad... :cry:

I would so appreciated Prayers for the families of Earl.
Thank you gang - for giving ME a place to come to & vent with all this sadness surrounding me these days you just don't know how much it helps.
{{{Hugs}}}

doitforme
10-01-2003, 01:13 PM
Sunny so sorry to hear about your xbil, will keep family in my prayers, Here is a:grouphug: to help ya feel better- that's what were here for. Sami - Honey looks like you could use a couple:grouphug: :grouphug: things gotta start looking up for ya.Will keep you in my prayers as well. Eisenj congratulations 6 inches way to go, To walk a mile you have to take the 1st step and you did it, in fact you walked a whole bunch a miles, I wouldn't worry about speed that will come. E.Z.- Ron's back should improve now, He is a deacon at the church and He has been so uncomfortable for months, hopefully getting the ruptured disk repaired will take the pain away. Thanks for the boost of confidence for the job, just gotta wait and see. I never was great at bowling occassionally get game that is good, but just average, enjoy the people, and socializeing, more than actually bowling. The man and his daughter from Ghana spent the summer here. He did some work and visited some area churches and has enough money to buy a piece of property over there and start building his small orphanage. It is so sad that there is such an abundance of children who's parents have died from aids that try to survive in the streets, begging for food, as He says we take so much for granted here in the states.

doitforme
10-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Mitchy- Hope and pray your soon feeling better as well, E.Z. Thanks again to angie for journal, I guess you got my pm, Hi to everyone else. I saw a quote on a t-shirt, and bought it today.
It says "If your on your knees you don't have far to stumble. Its got a country image of a boy and girl saying their prayers how cute, and how true. love to all.

doitforme
10-01-2003, 02:14 PM
Here goes one more time!

doitforme
10-01-2003, 02:16 PM
I finally did it, it took me about an hour of playing around but I did it. This is me in the black dress, This picture is a year ago, so my hair is longer, the lady in the picture is my second mom, she is my neighbor. It is tiny but it will give ya an idea, I'll keep trying.

eisenj
10-01-2003, 05:56 PM
Hi I'm back

I'm going to my sons soccer game tonight. It's his last game. It starts at 7pm. If they win this game, they win for the season.

~ Sunny~ I am so sorry to hear about the death of your xbil (Earl). You have been to alot of funerals lately. My prayers go out to you and your family.

[color=red]~ Sue~ I love your picture. YOU DID IT!:goodvibes:

Need to go.... I'll talk to you all when I have more time tomorrow.

"what lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"

EZMONEY
10-01-2003, 07:00 PM
Very quick here- have to take a shower before the social worker comes to check on the house for my nephew-- I have him putting all the bleach bottles and poisons up high before she gets here-- hope he doesn't fall off that ladder--I'M KIDDING of course.
Sue- great picture!! All the ladies on this site are gorgeous!!

SAMI-- I finally figured it out-- God isn't allowing all this bad luck for nothing-- HECK NO!! He is giving you the ideas for many country and western songs!! You are going to be rich and famous-- start writing girl!!! YIPEE KIYAA.

Going- Gary

sami
10-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Well I got to come back for a few minutes. My poor doggie was so sick I think she ate something she shouldn't she is quite a handful (and she only weighs about 4-5 lbs) I think she is feeling a little better now she has kept down some food and water. I am going to work just a few hrs thursday so maybe I can get some scrapbooking done! I am getting my house in order this weekend I still need to move some things around from where my DD moved out.
Sunny D-Sorry for your loss![[[HUGS]]] And you know we are here for you. It is so nice to have other Christians to share with. I am feel blessed that the Lord has brought us together to lift each other up!
Mitchypoo-I had a feeling that your test would come back as EB my BIL had that at about the same age and it took a long time for him to overcome it. He had to take extra Vitamins (they ran some test to see what his body was depleted of) You take care of yourself and forget that loser guy it is his loss!
Doitforme-How did you get the picture to post? I want to put up some of the wedding. You look great! And you are a great example of working for the Lord! I will keep your Job in my prayers. Here in Indy there is a place that our church goes camping it is called Fellow Christian Athlete center and they have Christian people and families live out on the wooded area to take care of it. And every since you have started talking about looking for a job I have thought this would be the perfect job for you! (just a thought) I will pray that the good Lord show you what his will is for your job.
Ez-I sent my address on private message I will put the journal to good use! I hope your nephew is doing well. Pink eye spread through the whole family and the Dr made us all get our own meds so I have to buy 8 things of pink eye meds.
Angel lover-I pray things are looking up for you. Read Romans 8:18 it helped me through some tough times!
eisenj-Tell your husband that if he doesn't get to the Dr that acid refux can cause cancer! I have a lot of stomach problems and I can NOT go to bed without taking zantac or I would be up all night sick. There is a lot of new meds that work so well (I can't take some of them because they bother my IBS) YEAH you are my new hero with the loss of 6inches!!!!!!!
AmandaPanda-I will pray for you new life. I am sure God has something planed for your future. I know here in the US it is hard to prove that you were unjustly let go or pressured out. I did a speech on that in college.
Jamie-I have to go with what EZ said. I always say if it is tough now in the first few years together it will be worse when the tough times really kick in! I met and married my DH 4 months and 1 day from our first date! I was young and in love and wanted a christmas wedding and didn't want to wait a whole year! (I was a senior in high school) We have been married for 22 years! (and no one had better add it up to figure out how old I am I only admit to 25!) I think if it isn't working (and only you can answer that) you are keeping yourself from finding the right person who will make you happy.
Marilyn-I pray that your health is improving. I pray that you find the right answer to your problem with your son. I have a DD who struggles in school and her teacher wanted her held back I wasn't sure we were doing the right thing but I knew she was right about the fact that she wasn't able to keep up with the other kids in her class. We held her back and the teacher was great she had a talk with the class while she was out of the class room (it is a very small school and the kids knew she was held back) and explained to the class why she was keep back and the kids have been great! When school started she started her old bad habits and both the teacher and I put our foot down with her and she has done a complete turn around because we make her accountable. So maybe if you could find a christian school that would be helpful. But I am sure you will do what is best. We will keep you in our prayer!

I need to go check on DD's homework!

sami

sprout
10-01-2003, 09:13 PM
Can't believe it is October already!!

Went to doctors appointment this morning. Was up most of the night being sick -- think it was nerves thinking of all the prodding he was going to have to do.

Anyway got in, we talked about the radiation treatment and what the cancer doctor saw a month ago. He then looked at me and said, 'You know what, I don't think I should exam you here -- I want you up to the hospital where I have more instruments and where I can get a better picture of where you are at (he did this the last time because of me caring so much weight in my stomach). So after all the feeling sick last night I didn't get examined today but should have it possibly sometime next week. We talked about the side effects of radiation -- there are so many of them. One I just found out last month was the scaring tissue -- there is a whole lot I have to do to prevent this but even with the prevention it could happen and he told me today if that happens then every exam would then involve being put to sleep for it. Yuk!! And of course there is the possible side effects of having permanent 'trots' and with having IBS well it is hard to tell which is which. When he asked me how I was feeling re the side effects told him mainly just still tired. Now you should now this doctor is very young -- could be my son in law -- around 34 (I am 55) -- and he looks at me and says with a smile on his face 'Yup the tiredness is there but it should get better but you must also realize that once you have radiation after 50 it seems to bring on this tiredness even more so' and he laughs. I am fortunate to have good doctors.

Gary -- you asked about son. Last few days have been much better even though yesterday was a bit difficult to start with. We have checked out all the options (a) continue homeschooling -- which is what both of us reallywant (b) put into public school (c) put into the alternate school program -- went and checked it out and did not feel to good about it -- had a look at the students there and not meaning to judge but they all looked like kids that were really not the ones I would want my son to hang around with (d) and last one is there is a private Christian school that uses the same curriculum we are using that we could put him in. For the higher grades (10 and above) there are only 2 - 3 students but down fall of this is the tuition is very very very high. But it is there. But one thing we have started as of today and are going to do it for this month is rather than doing 4 hours, 1 hour per subject we are going to do 3 hours and only one subject. And he will work only on that one subject. He is about 6 months behind (1/2 way through grade 9) due to his fooling around, so we are trying to work on on subject -- say English today -- and have him complete the rest of Grade 9 English before he continues with another subject. This way he can see that he has actually accomplished something rather than a little of everything every day and not seeing that he is getting anywhere. We are going to try this anyway for October -- if all goes well he should be able to finish English and Science of Grade 9 this month. Then November he would work on Socials and Math. And the other thing we are getting him to do is to call his two tutors daily asking at least one question of each of them pertaining to the work he is doing -- he dislikes asking for help so we are working on getting him over this -- and the main thing we are doing is praying over him. Anyway enough of that.
By the way our daugther is doing so well -- thank goodness we aren't having trouble with her at the same time.

Food plan is going good -- I am finding that when I eat things now such as bread which is a trigger food the Lord is helping me by making my stomach act up and not feel well. I asked for help in this area -- that if there was food I shouldn't eat that I would no by how I felt.

Going to get weighed tomorrow -- praying even for a small loss but it is down the line that really counts.

Went for my walk today -- am up to 636.75 miles -- getting close to my goal of 650!!

doitforme
10-02-2003, 08:58 AM
I pray all goes well next week at your test sprout , it is so hard waiting to have test, then waiting for test results. Pray God will put a protective hedge around you, and give you peace of mind during this period of waiting. Pray all works out with ds as well, I have no children but have several nieces and nephews which I spoil rotten. Wish you well.Sami- Honey I have a job, it is a dirrector of a home residence for handicapped people, I am employed by the state of N.Y. It is a good job, with alot of responsibility, and great benefits, the job I put in for or posted for is a client coordinator which is more money, better hours for less responsibility. I really do enjoy my job, I have 7 great people that work under me, but I think the job you suggest might even be more fun, I do love camping, but I couldn't move I would miss my family to much. I am a home body except church and work, so I really don't meet alot of people, but I like me, so that is o.k.
Every time I tried to attach a picture before it said wrong format, needs to be j-peg. So I went to google and found this easy screen trial that allows you to change any picture into a j-peg, then I just had to make the picture smaller. I don't do many pictures of me, so will have to find or get a more recent one.

doitforme
10-02-2003, 09:00 AM
Try that it is a free trial so that might help. E.Z. Thanks for the compliments- pray all goes well with social services visit. You are the man, how could it fail. See ya guys later, off to bowling.

eisenj
10-02-2003, 10:59 AM
Hi friends

I walked one and a quarter miles today and hope to go to Curves after I drop Laura off at dance this afternoon. Matt is staying late at school to sign up for Math Counts ( a math acedemic team).

got to go friend called with car troubles, need to help her bye

eisenj
10-02-2003, 02:23 PM
I'm back

My friends belt broke so she did not have power stearing, breaks,or a fan to cool radiator. We had to take lunch to her husband at social services. So I'm back now...

Wilma- Im going to try your hamburger soup next week.

Sprout- If I were to get a pedometer how do you determine your starting number and goal. Also do you keep it on all day? Keep us informed of your prayer needs in relation to your health and your family. We are all here for you.

Sami- Have you ever heard of kaleidoscope scrapbooking? I took a class once on it. You take three to six pictures and have them printed in reverse. Like a mirror image. Ex. like a picture of a child with there arms stretched out. You make a picture in a circle of the hands touching . The center is blank so you can add a poem, scripture or cute saying. It is so much fun. A great gift idea. Flower pictures were also good subjects to kaleidocope with. There is a book out on it, but I forget the name since I lent it out and never got it back. I saw it once at Michael's craft store.

Sunny- I loved your quote. I'm adding it to my collection.

Gary-Im not into sports ,but my husband and I love ice hockey. Before we were married we would go and watch flyer games. When I was in high school a kid a year behind me was a great baseball player. He ended up in the Dodgers his name is Mike Scioscia. He is probably retired now. When he was in school, colleges were offering him new cars to encourage him to join their universities. It was wild. He did good for himself. How did your visit with social services go? I'm praying for you.

Sue- What type of camping do you do? When I was little we went camping during the summer months. I tried tent camping with my family, but our daughter Laura can't sleep with mom and dad snoring, matt talking in sleep ,and bugs and frogs churping. She loves her own bed. She even hates hotel/motels.

got to go

"everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everthing we deny, denigrate or despise, serves to defeat us in the end."

doitforme
10-02-2003, 03:35 PM
Hi there! Sorry to hear about your friends car, but she is lucky to have a friend like you to help her out. As for camping, I have a seasonal site, where I leave a 24 foot winnabago with all the conforts, or at least most of the comforts of home, like bed shower, running water (hot) ect. So all I have to do is grab whatever food, some clothes and I'm good for the weekend, its like having a vacation cottage on wheels. Works for me.

EZMONEY
10-02-2003, 10:51 PM
HI ALL-

Can't stay long-

Social worker came yesterday and signed off the house no problem. Just something they need to do each year-- it just bugs me that they need to see the house each year but not my nephew! sometimes it seems to me they care more about the homes these kids stay in over the kids themselves-- probably just ME! being whiney.

Went to see my daughter play today- she played pretty well but lost to a better player 6-3, 6-3. Then her and her doubles partner drew the #1 seed in the tournament and they lost 8-0 which is no surprise. Got home in time to see the nephew lose 15-3, 15-2,and 15-4 in his volleyball-- not a good day for the family sports-- at least my son only had a team dinner :lol:

JUDY Yes I know of Mike Scioscia, being a Dodger fan and all-- he was a great catcher for them for many years- did you know he is the manager of the Angels now? Won the World Series last year. Great job on the walking. Give that boy an extra hug for trying so hard in his school work!!

SUE How did the bowling go? Great that you are doing something active all the time. Do you hike much at all when you go camping? Any new leads on that ultimate job this week? My wife is always trying new stuff on the computer too! she is working on getting a digital camera now-- been shopping on the net for the right one all week.

MARILYN That boy is doing great- great job mom! Glad to hear your daughter is doing well too-- maybe you should start walking towards Judy! to get your miles in.

SAMI Angie sent your journal off today. What are you doing with DD's room-- which kid has it now. Knowing you, you will probably fill the extra space with some stray kid:lol: it will be too quiet for you with dd gone. How about those pictures- send them to Sue, she'll post them;)

MICHELE Watching the Twins now- tie game. How are you feeling today? Take care of yourself OK.

SUNNY Prayers for your family in your loss. I hope this finds you as well as can be expected. Keep in touch when you can.

Well hi to everyone else, off to do homework with Angie;)

In Christ-Gary

Angel-lover
10-03-2003, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone.....seems so long that I was here, last. I almost feel like a first-time posting.:D I'm just about finished with the paper work. I didn't realize so many things were involved. I think they try to wear you down, so you'll take whatever they offer. Not us....we've been through too much. I don't want to cheat anyone...but not going to be taken advantage of, either.

SunnyD....I am SO sorry. You've really been through a lot of deaths recently. You're such a sweet, giving person, & I know this is taking a toll on you. Do know, I'm here. I know it doesn't seem like it, sometimes, but you can pm me anytime. I always check my email.

This reminds me....one reason I haven't posted sooner....had more trouble with pc. First, couldn't stay on internet....then, couldn't even go on internet. I called MSN...they concluded my files had been corrupted....meaning someone has been tampering with my computer. Oh well, what's next?!

There's no way I can try to catch up, so I just start from here....I'm praying for all of you. Take care. http://www.blesstheday.com/categories/spiritual/i-pray-for-you/5.gif

SunnyD57
10-03-2003, 04:28 PM
Hi GARY ~ Sorry I haven't been around much these days. Just felt really sad, but I did still go for my workout at Curves this morning and felt so much better. The ladies even had me laughing... felt really good. I really hate feeling like this. I am sure I will feel tons better after the funeral tomorrow. We have to sing for the service and I know that won't be easy for any of us. Earl was only 54 years old. Lets just hope that it will be awhile before we have to go to another funeral. This is just too sad!

So glad to hear that all went well with the Social Worker --- I totally understand what you must be feeling about the Social Workers caring for the homes over the children. Again, priority! Where is it!?! My sis has to go through the same thing each time she cares for a child.

Sorry to hear about the games --- and hope that Angie finds the digital camera she wants. I like mine (Olympus 520), but ever since I got it they have come out with much better ones and allot less in price. Good thing she is shopping around... Luck! You'll wonder what you ever did without one.

SUE ~ :cp: :cp: Yeah!!! I see you posted a picture... so happy you did it! You look so adorable and soooo hugable! Nice pic of you and your friend. I look forward to seeing more pics of you!! ;) I just love to see what you all look like.

SAMI ~ Thank you too for your kind words & big hugs... cannot wait to get back into life again, it's been so very sad here lately and I don't like sad (who does, huh) --- love to be happy. My kitties really make me laugh and make life so fun. I had to take them in for their shots and yearly ck-ups this morning ($220.00! - Ouch!), they were so frightened. They were weighed and Guido weighed in at 13.5 lbs and Zeppe at 12.25 lbs. Big guys (not overwt. at all - yea!) The vet said they are so very healthy and they looked so beautiful, she didn't want to let us go - kept bringing people in to see them. They were kittens when I had brought them in together last. I was thrilled to show them off ;) How is your doggie doing??? Feeling any better?? How is your scrap-booking coming along??? It is allot of work, but the results is so gratifying - isn't it.

Can't wait to see your pictures!!

Thank-you JUDY ~ I so appreciate your internet hugs. You are a great group of people!!!! And I am glad you liked my quote... :) I always enjoy yours! :yes:

SPROUT ~ I guess I was right about Dr. Phil, huh. I knew he wasn't gonna let anyone go! The show reminds me a bit of 'SURVIVOR'... well, I guess that's okay - cuz we all are! :) I haven't been able to keep up with the book club because of all that's going on lately - maybe next week I will be able to catch up with everyone. How are you coming along with it?? Keeping up yourself? I am still holding you in Prayer for your health - whew :o - what you have to go through!

Hi AMANDA ~ So glad you are keeping in touch! ;)

MICHELE ~ How are you feeling these days? Not getting any better, huh. I am so sorry! I hope that you know that you are in my prayers!!!!! Keep getting as much rest as you can - it will help! {{{HUGS}}} :grouphug:

Miss you ANGEL!! Hope all is going well!

Well gang, my hubby is home and he brought dinner home with him (a night off of cooking for me), so I will have to finish my notes later. I hope that everyone else is doing well! I think of you ~ALL~ often and always hold you in my Daily prayers!!!!

God Bless!

eisenj
10-03-2003, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone

I got my cpap machine today. I look like micky mouse with it on. I hope it doesn't turn off my husband. He was so sweet he sat and listened to the therapist as she explained the mashine. He cares about me so much. I took a nap today with it on. The dog came up to check it out and ran to the bottom of the bed. She didn't like it much it scared her. My son when he got home from school tried it. He is so funny he loves gadgets. I got a candle snifter the other day and he lit all the candles in the house to check it out. When he was in kindergarden the teachers would ask him for help on the computer. He has such a loving heart. He is a good kid. He even sits for hours in national dance competitions for Laura.

talk later

EZMONEY
10-03-2003, 05:55 PM
HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES--

I checked in earlier and no one had posted-- YAHOO! that I assume means everyone is out taking care of business. I had a short day today finishing up a job then came home and took a 30 minute nap:sssh: don't tell Angie, she'll wonder why I didn't mop the kitchen floor :lol: Just kidding- SHE'LL KNOW WHY-- I was just lazy!! I watched 2 shows on TLC I hadn't seen before, 2nd Chance and Perfect Proposal (aahhh... I am such a chick-flick kinda guy)-- I loved them!! Now I am taking a break from the Giants- Marlins ballgame, so I am not too weired ya see.

JUDY My kids were/are very supportive of each other and their nephew and step-sister too. My son went to my nephews volleyball game yesterday to support him, he is always going to his step-d's games when he can. He always goes to his sister's tennis matches when he can, came back to coach her in her high school high jumps even though she wasn't very good at it. My daughter has spent probably half her life watching her brother play in his sporting events, she is his biggest fan other than his mom, step-mom and myself. I hope the machine works as well for you as it has done for my buddy- it really paid off at first for him, now it is routine.

SUNNYD So glad to hear from you. I am so sorry for Earl, as I said before I lost my dad at 54-- too young. But you just never know, that is why it is so important to spread the good news of Jesus!! What did Joe bring home for dinner? Was their a little....love... included? or homework as Angie and I call it:lol: we always tell the kids don't bother us tonight we have homework-- of course my son always ask Angie the next day " did my dad earn extra credit?"-- no shyness around our house. Having a big-big classic car show in town this week- thought of you... looking for that yellow convertible.

ANGEL- So glad to hear from you dear. I understand about the insurance, on a smaller scale I have been filling out papers on getting a rider removed for my shoulder on my disability insurance, which actullay was ok'ed today, my agent called and left a message. Thank God you had it though!!How has your husband been doing on the house? will you be in by winter? coming soon girl. How is the studio doing?

Going to get the nephew from school- check in when you can ladies.

Michele-- for the week-end-- GO TWINS and VIKINGS-- Sunny-- BROWNS are coming back against those pesky Steelers.

Later, Gary

SunnyD57
10-03-2003, 06:42 PM
Hi GARY ~ :lol: You are too funny - homework on that term sounds like fun :lol: Thanks, Gary, for the laughter you provide! God has truly given you a gift... my Joe has a sense of humor like you do too. I never know what he gonna say next!

:hun: Joe brought home a Veal Parmesan & Spag. from our local family restaurant... the meals are so large in portions that Joe & I just get one and a salad and split it --- so yummy!

Here's another car you can look out for Me while you are at the show Gary...
http://images.webshots.com/ProThumbs/49/38949_wallpaper280.jpg
So if you cannot find the yellow one I will take this 1957 Chevrolet Corvette Convertable :yes: :) :yes: Let me know if you see one ;) I just love going to look at old cars! There's a place here called AnnaBell's (an old train car turned into a 50's diner) and they have cruisin' nights in the summer... Joe & I really enjy going there to hear the local bands play and wander the parking lot chatting with the owners of the cars. One day (I hope) to be one of those owners.

And believe you me --- I never hesitate to spread the good news of Jesus. And you are so right ~ there is perfect oppertunity during these sad times especially. Thank-you!

ANGEL ~ Good to see you! You must have posted when I was writing. Luck with the paperwork!!!!!! And thank-you! I just may take you up on PM-ing you ;) I miss you! So very sorry to hear that you are having cp problems still! Do you have a anti-virus on? Mine is doing a pretty good job so far, no problems... I have live updates all the time. Hope you can get it all straightened out.

:cp: Yea JUDY! :cp: Hope that you will be feeling "well rested" in no time!!

Well, I must be going for the evening. You all take care and I will come back as soon as I can. Have a very full day tomorrow.

God's Blessings!
And a very Restful Night for everyone!

sami
10-03-2003, 09:24 PM
Hello How is everyone? I don't have much time just wanted to say hello!
EZ-I had 3 girls in one bedroom and two in the other (They couldn't agree on who got the sm bedroom so I got it as my scrapbook room) now I just moved the Jessi in with Staci and Molli and Ashli are together. (Of course they had to have new matching bedding per room!)

doitforme-wouldn't you know my scanner is not scanning! my DH is going to look at it and see if he can get it to scan. I have to say we are a lot alike when it comes to family. I just couldn't think of moving away from my family. And the only way to camp is in a RV. My Dad use to have a huge one and he raced with SCCA racing so we did a lot of camping in it (I always got the bed that was the storage that folded down and when you would wake up in the morning you would forget where you were and try to sit up and hit your head on the ceiling)LOL

Sunny D-My Prayers are with you as you go through this tough time. I guess you can't help being down but it is a comfort to know that he is with God. My Doggie Pepper is a dapple dachshund she is so cute but she is a pain! She wants on my lap all the time and if I won't pick her up she trys to climb my legs then if that doesn't work she lays at my feet! And when we are eating she barks and when that doesn't work you will look over and she is sitting up begging!(it is so cute)

Angel-Lover-I am so glad you are standing up for yourself. You have been through so much I know that things can be replaced but you really need the help to get the house done. Your poor husband can't do it alone and you with your health problems need some peace also. Please keep us posted and if there is anything we can do for you let us know. (Maybe we can do a mail in house warming party!)

eisenj-I have done the kaleidoscope scrapbooking it turned out so nice but I drove myself nuts doing it because the line had to be perfect! It is one of the coolest pictures I have done though. And I do have the book. I now have my DD (the one who got married) started on scrapbooking I bought her the starter set from QVC and then I added a whole lot of stuff to it for a wedding gift. She will 21 sat and I got her some more scrapbook stuff for her birthday!

Michele-I hope you are feeling better post when you feel up to it.

Well got to go hope to hear from Wilma and Sherry and Zoe and any others we have missed!
Sami

SunnyD57
10-03-2003, 10:27 PM
http://i9.ebayimg.com/03/i/00/b5/24/60_1.JPGGARY ~ Is this similar to your 1967 Mustang GT? Only without the red stripe? Just was searching and found this one on e-bay for only $16,000.00 ;) Nice car!

Night...

Mitchypoo
10-03-2003, 10:59 PM
Hi all! :wave:

Hey Sunny, when I got married we had a red and white ford fairlane convertible (sorry I don't remember the year, i'm sure i'd embarrass myself to guess. BUt i think it was the 50's) that we had waiting outside the church and went to the reception in it! It was my dmil's car which she bought and restored all by herself. It was a beautiful car and a real treat to use in the wedding. Wish i could show you a pic of that.

I'm not feeing so good yet. But i've been fairly good about going to bed early. I'm already late tonight for bedtime.

Going to a horse show tomorrow night, if i'm feeling ok. I work 1/2 day and then i'll come home and take a nap before.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

EZMONEY
10-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Hey Sunny- that is almost it-- Make the stripe red instead of black and also this one is a fast back, mine wasn't. Thanks, Gary

Angel-lover
10-04-2003, 10:18 AM
Hello to everyone....hope all are having a good Saturday. I had a Remicade treatment Thursday....beginning to get over the "out of it" days...but still a little crazy. DH would say I wouldn't need treatment for that.:lol:

Mitchypoo...when I got married, we also, had a ford fairlane. Not a convertible....but red. We thought we were "hot stuff"! We came back down to earth soon, though. Married life makes reality set in! It HAS been a great married life, though.

Sami...what a very sweet thought you had. Thank you. All I really need, though, is just your prayers, & friendship. I feel I've got both.

Gary...it wasn't insurance, this time. We didn't have insurance coverage, as it wasn't on our premises, but in a storage building....which did not carry ins. on contents.
The Maytag Co is wanting to settle. It was a new Maytag stove that caused the fire. We'd had trouble with the computer on it. The repairman had been out several times, (saying he didn't know how to fix it...which was obvious.) Then, when the smoke alarm went off, I went to the kitchen to find it engulfed in fire. The computer part, where he had been working on it, had blown out. There was other instances that I found on the pc with the same stove. I turned it over to our lawyer. We don't like taking anyone to court...but felt like they should help us. He simply wrote them a letter, telling what happened....sending pics, & videos (we were very thorough) & even had the stove bagged ready for their inspection. They've decided (so far) that it would be better to settle out of court. So....I've been getting info for lawyer of what we've been out thus far, & what we need to rebuild the house. He included the stolen articles in the settlement, because they wouldn't have been in storage, if not for the stove. Just help us pray about it. We want to do what's right. Yes, winter is coming on...already cold days. We're living in 2 rooms of the house. Only outside walls (older house we were remodeling). No kitchen....hotplate, micro, etc. & mattress on floor. No sad story here, just describing situation. DH suppose to insulate these rooms today, so it should get better.
Studio doing good. My friends there have really helped me get through all of this. Of course, you all have too.

Hi SunnyD...Hope your days get brighter. I know how you must feel...singing at the funeral. The last 3 or 4 funerals I attended....other than friends' dad, I sung alone...at their request. So, so, hard...the Lord really helped me, though. My greatest fear is breaking down while singing....so far, I've made it through. As far as how good I did...don't really know....was praying & concentrating on holding myself together. I'm praying for you. Take care of yourself.
My MIL did the sweetest thing last Sunday. She gave me a surprise "Angel Shower"! (I've collected angels for 10 yrs, & they were in the storage. Most were gifts.) The house was FULL of people! I received a lot of beautiful angels....most of all, though, was the love in which they were given. New memories were made for me!

eisenJ...glad you got your machine. Hope it helps you. Your son sounds like a delight!

Hello to everyone else......

Gotta go finish up the paper work. Thanks for the prayers & patience. Have a good week end. http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/irchgr1.gif

Angel-lover
10-04-2003, 10:53 AM
OH, I ALMOST FORGOT....FINISHED REPAIRING MY WEBSITE.....

http://www.charlotteborden.tvheaven.com

doitforme
10-04-2003, 11:02 AM
E.Z.- Glad to hear your house passed- to bad that is all they are concerned with though. You would think they would want to chack out how the kid relates in the environment, just by witnessing an onsite visit, your nephew is lucky to have you and angie, but what about all those other kids that aren't so lucky and they just scope the house, sad. Sorry to hear your dn lost his volleyball game, my niece and nephew both had games last week which I got to attend. She is in volleyball, lost 2 out of 3 and he is in soccor, just 7th grade so he currently pretty much sets the bench, not much to see there, I have thought about a digital camara, but haven't made the leap yet.
Angel-lover- good to see ya back sorry to hear you were having problems with your p.c., maybe if you backdate your computer it will correct the problem. That usually does mine. Pray maytag gives the required amount so that house can be finished quickly, your in my prayers, hope your soon feeling better.
Sunny so sorry you've had so much to deal with, hope that things improve. I hope things turn around now, and you sunshine and rainbows for awhile.
Judy- Glad to hear you got your machine, you should be well rested, and feel better now, my dad does, now that it is working without causeing his nose to run. Wish you well.

doitforme
10-04-2003, 11:13 AM
Sami- try unplugging your scanner, letting it sit for a couple minutes then plug it back in, I have had to do that, then the computer, re recognizes it and does whatever, sometimes it works. Just a thought. Hope your bad luck has gone away, not that I believe in luck.
Hope this finds you all well, it is raining here, but we probably need it, and I have to work so I guess I won't complain.
Mitchy- Hope your soon feeling better! you've been sick for a long time.
Angel- what a beautifull website, such nice poetry good job!
Well gotta run, hi to everyone I missed, talk to you all later.

wilma12
10-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Is this place hopping or what?!? I love it! There were days when it was just Sami and me. It's so good to see that you are all for the most part doing really well.

I'm doing well with the exercising but still am struggling with those carbs.:dizzy: I seem to do well until I get home and then look out. It's especially bad when I've had a stressful day. I need to find some more veggie recipes that can be made really quickly. Any ideas from you would be wonderful!!

I made tacos last night so I made my offspring happy. I have no idea what I'm doing tonight for supper. (I've just had my morning coffee and my brain is just starting to wake up!!)

Well, I better go get some work done. I plan on spray painting my metal mini blinds today. They're an ugly dusty rose colour and don't match my black and taupe bedroom. I'm painting them black and then will try a gold veining technique on them. Hope it works. If it doesn't I get to go shopping!!:lol:

Have a wonderful day! You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Mitchypoo
10-04-2003, 11:38 AM
Charlotte~what a beautiful web page you have! I intend to spend more time there. You've done a wonderful job. Very inspirational. I hope it all works out w/Maytag. I think what your mil did with the Angel Shower is a beautiful thing! You are blessed and a blessing to me! ;)

Need to get back to work.

Oh, but Sunny, I meant to tell you awhile ago about my kitty. I know that it is not the best anymore to let your cats run outside, mainly because of the danger of feline leukemia and normally i would not but w/Tom it's always been a little different. He was a barn cat we're pretty sure and he had a hard time adjusting to being inside at all, i had to teach him some manners, but he's just not happy being inside all the time. I had him testing for the feline leukemia and he didn't have it, and i know i'm taking a chance, but he'd be unbearable if i didn't let him out. He isn't declawed or anything so i don't worry about that. I'm just happy he came back!

EZMONEY
10-04-2003, 03:25 PM
HI GALS

I am taking a break from cleaning house! Wow- vacumning is hard work, especially when you vacumn up a throw rug and get it caught around the belt, have to change it, and throw away full bag only to find out you don't have another one- get it back out of the trash and pull all the junk out of it so you can still use it! Angie just left for DD soccer game, she did her bathrooms after her morning 3.5 mile jog/walk. I am doing the floors today and fixing a chair that's handle came loose-- and I can still see all the ballgames!! A lot of them today-- the Marlins were looking good 5-1 now it is tied up- I don't care that much for them but I am pulling for them over those Giants!!

WILMA- Great job on the exercise! Planning (as you know) helps with the eating- especially after work-- we don't have or want the good stuff do we! Carbs are my downfall always- chips over ice-cream for me any day. How did the painting go? I am making your hamburger soup today, not sure if we will eat it tonight or if I will save it for a night this week after work. Smells good so far!!

SUE- Glad to see you posting more- dopes that mean you are at work? Sorry about the niece and nephew- I do understand about the bench though- my kids have road the pine many times in their lives! They just keep coming back and getting better and earning time! Being there is what counts more than anything- it is easy to support "STAR" it is the people that support the other kids that earn my respect!!! Sometimes they are the real "STARS" in hte long run-- I know plenty of good stars and vice versa.

ANGEL- Loved the website!! Glad to hear Maytag wants to settle- get all you can dear- you deserve it-- they have plenty and know they are wrong if they want to settle out of court. There is nothing un-christian about what you are doing! If you were being underhanded that would be different- all you are doing is prsenting the facts! God wants us to hold people accountable to their actions as long as it is under His guidance.

SAMI Great job swinging a room for yourself with all those kids- great management qualities!! How are the newlyweds doing? Still sending those pictures? How aboput the carpool situation? Prayers.

MICHELE Have fun at the horse show.

SUNNYD I hope your day went as well as it could have under the circumstances you are faced with. Prayers for your family.

Well USC is coming on and I still have work to do- Later, gary

sami
10-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Hello did a long post and lost it I hate when that happens! I am taking a break to take some meds before finish the littles girls room boy I didn't realize what I was getting into! they have stuff stuffed everywhere didn't look bad until we pulled out from under things LOL.
Sue-My DH is going to try to do that when I get off. I have been thinking of replacing it with one that does it all so maybe it is time!
EZ-My DD had a GTO when I was young and a friend of mine and I stuck our fingers in the holes in the stering wheel and got them stuck my DB thought he would help us out a try to pull and twist them out it didn't work so he stuck his finger in to show us how to pull them out and he was stuck! My DD noticed us playing in the car and came out saw what happen and had to get dish soap to get our fingers are out! I wish I had my first car it was a FIAT 850 spider blue convertable the only thing was it had cloth tubing to the fuel pump and the carb back fired while me and my DH were on our first date the carb caught on fire and by the time the fire dept got there it was to far gone. I guess you would say my first date with hubby was a hot one!!! LOL
Wilma-don't you just love a the posting! Praise God!!
Sunny D-You must have a great voice. After my pastors heard me and my friends sing karoke at my suprise b-day party none of us have ever been ask to join the chior!!! I hope you are doing well today!
Michele-I am glad you are taking care of yourself. Did the dr say how long you would be feeling bad?
Angel-lover-I love your web page WOW! That was so nice of your MIL to throw you an Angel party. I know I would be so sad if I lost my scrapbooking stuff. You have my prayers. It can't be easy sleeping on the floor with your health problems. we remodled our other house we paid DH brother to do most of the work and he took the money and ran. so it was just him and I. the house was beautiful when we go done but we spent almost a year sleeping on the floor! (and four kid in one bedroom) the house was old and we turned the attic into 3 bedrooms the ceilings slopped and we had to make the furniture to fit the room it looked like a doll house when we got done! But it was hard work!
Well I better get back upstairs or the girls will stop cleaning!
Sami

Mitchypoo
10-05-2003, 11:10 AM
Hello and Happy Sunday!

The horse show was very nice! They began with showing some Jack Russell Terrier races which was hilarious and they also were doing (gosh i can' think of what they call it? :?:) You know, where they have the dogs go through exercises w/a trainer. It was fun to see and made me miss my Jack whom was named Jake. I had him when I lived in OR, but he died after getting into some chocolate when I was at work, very painful lesson to learn.

Then my friend and his group did an example of what they do at We Can Ride which is a non-profit group that helps primarily children w/physical and emotional disabilities. It's horse therapy and very impressive, i'm thinking of volunteering some time, they have some evening classes I could do. They have a carriage that has a wheelchair lift and then the wheelchair person drives the horse! Quite amazing.

The horse show was English and one of the jumping shows. There were 2 Olympians included and people from all over US and Canada.

Not making it to church today, resting a bit, then the football game is at noon and Alpha is tonight.

Sami~the dr./nurse told me that the longer i push and don't rest, the longer it'll take to feel better. I think i do feel better but it's definitely not gone. Taking an herbal supplement called an Opti-biotic and hopefully i'll be able to see improvement soon.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

EZMONEY
10-05-2003, 11:54 AM
Hi Gals-

Just checking in before we go to church. We are having our church/school pic-nic today so we go to late service-10:30 then right to the pic-nic. Angie and I went to the veggie and fruit market and grocery store this morning-- I was thinkin' that I could read all the (2) newspapers I get before church for a change-- (even though I watched all the ballgames yesterday) but nooo.. she had to go shopping that way she can rest after church. Just kidding- I really enjoy shopping with her-- I just look at it as "sport". She is talking to me from the other room now (she talks to herself a lot so I don't pay too much attention 'cause it is usually not directed at me--- something about missing some coupons in the paper this morning before we went shopping--- duh! She is always in a hurry to get something done--I was still trying to get my shoes on and she had already gotten the car out of the garage and had it warmed up-- guess she wanted to beat the crowd-- don't know how it is at your stores but here they are really packed at 6:30 am Sunday morning-NOT!! All I can say is it is a good thing I adore her or she'd be OUT!! HA- I'd be OUT!!

Well SAMI I hope you get that room done today and get some time to rest.

MICHELE and SUNNY- good luck on the games- my Raiders will probably lose to those winless Bears today- at least my USC won yesterday. Funny and rewarding story on the show Mich.

Gotta get ready for service- shorts and T-shirts today!

IN HIS PEACE- Gary

sprout
10-05-2003, 12:29 PM
Someone, sorry didn't get the name, asked me about getting a pedometer re tracking your miles.

I think it is is really good thing to have -- you can wear it all day and it will give you how many feet / miles you walked in the day.

On saying that I don't use one.!!

Where I walk it is measured out for all walkers. It is at our Rec Plex -- where our indoor swimming pool and hockey rink are. Around the concourse of the hockey rink is where everyone walks. On the doors to go in to this area of the building it tells how many feet it is if you walk 1 lap and how many laps = a mile. The nice thing about going here is that the surface is flat -- no need to worry about cracked cement, rocks, ect, it is heated in the winter and air conditioned in the sumer. And it is open every day -- only closed for special events that occur during the day. Of course when there is a hockey game everyone goes and does their walk well before the game. So that is how I measure my miles.

I have not measured out the miles if I was to walk outside -- but I understand that about 20 city blocks are pretty close to 1 mile.

With my walking to tapes -- I don't count it in miles when I do them -- I just walk to them for 30 minutes -- but I do have one tape called Walking away the pounds and if you do the tapes she has at her speed you would know how far you are walking. Leslie Sansome has these tapes out and they are a 1, 2 and 3 mile walk -- and let me tell you when you do the 1 mile walk you do it in 15 minutes if you keep up to her speed.

But I do no that when I walk at the rec plex that in 30 minutes I do 1.50 miles so when I do my walking tape at home for 30 minutes assuming I am doing it at the same speed -- and I am -- I would be doing another 1.50 miles. I guess I really should count them in as my miles accomplished shouldn't I. With the tape I have just been recording it as 'walked to tape' and not as miles done!

Anyway hope this answers your question

Marilyn

SunnyD57
10-05-2003, 10:15 PM
Awwwee GARY... I am so sorry about your Raiders!! Can't believe they lost by a daggone field goal. I am still watching the Browns... they are playing well (thanx for the well-wishes) - gonna be a late (!) game. Afraid I will be catching the highlights in the morning, I know I won't be able to stay awake. It has been a very long weekend & it is all catching up with me.

Catch you all tomorrow... hope it was a good weekend for everyone!! I have Curves in the morning early, so I will write a bit later in the day tomorrow.

Have a great night and a good Monday :)

EZMONEY
10-06-2003, 12:05 AM
WEEK-END FOOTBALL SCORES:
MICHELE (VIKINGS)-- 1

SUNNYD (BROWNS)-- 1

GARY (raiders-stinkers) 00000000000000000000000000000

at least my son didn't lose his soccer game (tie)

Mitchypoo
10-06-2003, 08:14 AM
Sorry Gary, sounds like a close game though. I have to say, it was fun watching the Vikings yesterday! 5/0, Wow!!

doitforme
10-06-2003, 08:38 AM
Mitchy- Glad to hear you think your feeling a little bit better- that is a long process to get over, so take it easy, congrats on your Viking win.
E.Z.- Sorry to hear your raiders lost again, I used to watch football alot, then the scabs took over that one year and I lost interest, never have regained it, I used to like the jets, Mark Gastoneau ect, only to find out He went to prison for beating his wife. I watch it if someone else wants to, but don't watch much anymore. Tell angie thanks again, I recieved the journal, now just gotta start using it.
Wilma- Tacos sound yummy- Good luck on those blinds sounds like it might be a messy job.
Sami- Hopefully that will work, unplugging scanner. Talk about a hotie, that first date must have been something!
Sunny-d hope your feeling a little bit better, it is hard coping with loosing someone your close to.
Sprout- Great job on the walking, the concourse sounds nice especially the heat/ airconditioning, and flat part. Wish we had one near here.
I am doing good, wt. loss has slo-w-e-d way down. I hope it picks up a little bit, I gotta drink more water, I think that is the problem.
Well gotta run, see ya later, have a great day!

eisenj
10-06-2003, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone,

Used my cpap machine over the weekend. I do fine with it till about 3am then I'm pulling the thing off my face. So I'm getting some good hours of sleep. I just have to get used to having something on my face when sleeping. I have been warching TV with it on so I get used to wearing it.

Our town is having a weight loss program. They call it Taking It Off. You must be in a team of at least 10 people so you can support each other. We can pick any weight loss program or exercise program. The town has many businesses supporting it. Gold Gym is giving us two weeks of free classes, Mcdonalds is giving free water if you buy a salad, many other restaurants are offering 10% discounts off their diet menus. We had 500 people show up. The team that losses the most weight will win a prize. We have two months to loss the weight before the holidays.The town paper took our picture. Several school teachers are competing with each other. Our team are parents from the dance studio.

~sprout~ I'm the one that asked about your walking program. We have an out door track that is a mile around the city recreation building . We go to the mall to walk in the winter. I wish we had a track like yours that is heated and air conditioned. I think I'm going to get a book on tape and only listen to it when I'm walking or learn a language on tape. I have always wanted to learn Japanese. When I'm walking the dog in the morning I do my praying.

~Angel-lover~ Your web sit was great! Do you know alot about the angels in the bible? In GENESIS 6:1-5 Did the angels have sexual relations with human weman. Is that why God brought the flood? After the flood humans lives were shortened and angels were no longer permitted to procreate. The children of the angels were called gaints. Did I understand this right?

Got to go God bless you all

' A critical spirit is like poison ivy- it only takes a little contact to spread its poison."

EZMONEY
10-06-2003, 07:01 PM
HI LADIES-

Taking a few minutes before I go get the nephew from volleyball practice at church. Dinner is fajitas tonight, been in the crock-pot all day and smelling good now!! Really easy- all I do is cut up some flank steak, throw it in the crock-pot with red and green peppers sliced thin, 2 tbsp of cilantro, 2 cloves garlic minced, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, a little salt, quarter tsp red pepper and 1 can of diced tomatoes-- cook all day then shread flank steak, throw back in the pot and serve with flour tortillas and cheese, sour cream , pinto or/and black beans-- so easy!!

MARILYN- Great job on the walking!! SUNNYD- How about those Browns!!! MICHELE- and those Vikings!!-- girls I think I am switching sides-- kidding!! althoug I have always liked the Vikings a little since they were the first real football team I remember watching growing up-- the Purple People Eaters they called them back then. Plus they are my Pastor's favorite team since he was born and raised in Minnesota.

JUDY The phrase sons of God has been interpreted to be either angels or humans, however intermarraige and cohabitation between angels and human beings, though commonoly mentioned in ancient mythologies, are surley excluded by the very nature of the created order. Sons of God probably refers to godly men and the daughters of men to sinful women. Thus the context suggests the intermarraige of the Sethites (sons of god) with the Cainites (daughters of men)- indicating a breakdown of the two groups. The Hebrew word Nephillim means fallen ones- in men's eyes they were heroes of old and renown-- but in God's eyes they were sinners= the fallen ones.

SUE Don't worry about the weight- just keep on walking and doing the best you can- the weight will go when it's time!

Well off for the nephew.

PREACH THE GOSPEL ALWAYS- USE WORDS IF YOU NEED TO!!

sami
10-06-2003, 11:34 PM
Hello this has to be quick tonight because I am very very sick.. I don't know if it is a bug (because others are complaining about pain in thier stomach) or just me.

Ez-Tell Angie Thank you I will e-mail her and let her know how I like her journal and the timing couldn't be better I just got my DH weights for his birthday and we were talking last night that we as a family are changing our eating starting next week (give us time to find some new things to put together unstead of quick foods like hotdogs) I really like the way it is put together and will give her some feedback as I use it.

Sue-I think my scanner is dead! I did have a friend send me a picture cd of the wedding and they have such good pictures I will try to get one of them on here. I think I am going to buy one of the new hp scanner,printer,copiers after christmas (I am hoping for a digital camara for christmas)

eisenj-I hope you get use to your machine I know several people who use those and say it has made a big diffrence.

Prayer are with you,
Sami

EZMONEY
10-07-2003, 01:14 AM
SAMI- Sorry you feel so bad- let's hope it is the 24hr. flu and it is gone by now!!
Whether or not you use the journal I am soooo glad you and DH are doing this together-- the more support the better!! Just look at Wilma's success since her husband sprang for the Curves fee.
HEY HOW ABOUT YOUR HOMETOWN HEROS- PEYTON MANNING AND MARVIN HARRISON-- WOW WHAT A BALLGAME!! MY SON AND I WERE SCREAMING "HAPPY" WE ARE TAMBA BAY FANS ALONG WITH THE RAIDERS (this goes way back!! with old friends) BUT WE WERE PULLING FOR PEYTON IN THE 4th QUARTER EVEN THOUGH I HAD MY POOL MONEY ($5) ON THE BUCS , ANYWAY MY FAVORITE PLAYER IS PEYTON MANNING! I LOVED HIM SINCE HE STAYED IN COLLEGE TO HONOR HIS SCHLORSHIP!! WHAT A CLASS ACT!!! HE IS.
WILMA- forgot to tell you- your hamburger soup was a hit at our house-- very delicious!!

Good night ladies, Gary

eisenj
10-07-2003, 06:43 AM
Hi everyone,

~Gary~ Thank you for helping me to understand that bible passage. It also was nice to hear what Mike Scioscia is doing now. I thought he'd be running a sports bar or something. I got my yearbook out to check on his class picture. I don't think he had his school picture taken, but he is in the group picture for those playing baseball. I graduated in 1975.

~angel-lover~ I have a Genn Aire range with a computor chip, and I hate it. It has never worked from day one. It took a guy five times to come out and repair it. When ever I cook something in it for a long time it signal a failure and shuts off. One year we were having friends down the street over for Thanksgiving for turkey. The turkey was cooking in our oven for several hours when it shut off. I had a half cooked turkey. I put it in a wagon and finished cooking it at my friends house . what a site that was. When the kids went to school the teacher asked about there holiday. My friends daughter who was in the same grade as Laura wrote her paper about our turkey. The kids at school had a good laugh about that dumb turkey. We still have a good laugh about the day the turkey got a ride down the street. This year I would like to try frying a turkey, its real popular in the south.

~ Sami~ I hope you get to feeling better

I need to take baby (our dog ) to the vet. today for her heart worm shots. See you for now.

" finally, brethern, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, wharsoever things are lovely, whatsoever thigs are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. " PHILIPPIANS 4:8

SunnyD57
10-07-2003, 06:50 AM
A very Good Morning Everyone!

GARY ~ Yes! Thank-you so much for your prayers. I am doing better... thanx. I took yesterday to catch up a little with my Curves thread, but never went back on. My family wanted my attentions (I owed them some letters - they were "where r uuuu" ing me like crazy.) and also did my laundry! :p Yuk!! Sounds like you had a great day with your vacuum the other day - :lol: :lol:

I too received Angie's journal yesterday... what a nice surprise. I really enjoyed looking through it---she did a nice job! The one thing I could see that I thought would have been nice was (if I may...) a column for carbs. I know allot of us are counting Carbs and not Calories. Other then that I think it so nice! I haven't begun to use it yet, but when I do I will let Angie know how it's working for me through her e-mail address she gave me. Please tell her "Thank-you" for me, would you, Gary. :)

Thanks so much for all the cheers!! Our BROWNS are doing very well this year - so nice to see. You are more then welcome to join us anytime. I know what you must be feeling with your RAIDERS & A's, I went through that when our teams weren't doing well (and that went a long time!). I am hoping that your team begins to do better... bummer, huh. I see that Michele's VIKINGS are doing great also (Yea! :cp: Michele!). Well, at least you have other teams you enjoy this year. I think it's allot of fun to have your teams to watch & cheer for as well as our own.

Oh my gosh Gary... does that meal ever sound delish :hun: !!!! I am gonna give that one a try for sure :yes: I haven't made Wilma's soup yet, but am going to. Both sound great! I have a crock pot but rarely use it -- I will bring it out of retirement for sure now :)

:wave: Hey there WILMA ~ So nice to see you... How did those blinds come out after painting them?? Hope it all came out as you hoped. Been watching TLC & HGTV ? Get loads of tips from those stations for redecorating your home. Joe & I are in a very slow process ourselves (doing it as we have the money to). We went out the other day and got ourselves a new living-room set! It has been over 15 years since we last bought a set... we so needed to get a new one badly! Our recliners were jamming up our backs and necks giving us headaches they are so old and worn. They still look good and are usuable, so we are donating them to St. Vincent DePaul Society... for the needy. We'll have our new set Oct 18th (cannot wait!) Below is a pic of it IN the showroom. I take my camera everywhere with me ;)

I have been going to Curves faithfully 3x a week and on Friday of last week one of the ladies said she could really see a difference in me already - how cool is that :D ! We were jogging across from one another when she called out to me and told me. She made my day! I beamed the whole day... I look forward to going on my days and will not miss unless I am ill (Lord forbid) or someone else is and needs me. Thanx again!

Well, guys... I have to take a break and go get my hubby's lunch made. He goes to breakfast with his buddies on Tuesday mornings, so I thought I would get a quick line to a few before he gets home. But now I have to go. I will be back for sure after he goes to work to finish catching up with everyone, okay. Thinking of you!!!

{{{Hugs}}}
Later...

SunnyD57
10-07-2003, 09:11 AM
:write: Morning SAMI ~ Sunny D-You must have a great voice. After my pastors heard me and my friends sing karoke at my surprise b-day party none of us have ever been ask to join the choir!!! I hope you are doing well today!
:lol: You are too funny :lol: ... no, I don't have a great voice, my hubby has that!! I just have a simple sound and do well as long as I have someone to sing with. Although, my confidence is getting stronger. There have been times when it's just been Joe & myself singing & I did okay - I would have never done that at one time. Joe has taken voice lessons and has passed some of that info off to me, but I am still a 'simple' singer (no vibrato :( still don't no where it is... I keep looking :lol: ).

As far as your project with your DD room... I know what you mean about stuff!! And Joe & I can't blame anyone but ourselves :o for our stuff!!!! I just cannot believe what we have accumulated over the years. We are trying to simplify our rooms as we go through them. Not easy to do for me --- I enjoy my collections very much. I have gotten rid of things I have had and not looked at in years, but still have allot of work ahead of me! I wish you well as you complete yours!

I hope that you are feeling better! I do know that allot of flu bugs are going around... different strains. You may be working too hard too and not giving yourself enough rest time. Take time for you! The work will be there when you get back ;) It will take longer if you get sick and cannot work at all for days. Don't forget to Take Care of you!

MICHELE ~ How are you feeling these days??? Doing any better? Sounds like you are doing all the right things! Just make sure you keep getting good quality REST whenever you can. Especially your mind... play some music that will take your mind off work and alike. And it sure helps that your VIKINGS are doing so well, 'eh. Congrats! :cp: I feel for Gary... I have been there with our BROWNS. This is the best they have done in years.

Hey there JUDY ~ How are you doing with your machine? Is it getting better for you? I would think it would be very difficult to get use to something being "on your face" at night. I know I would find it very hard! I am a very light sleeper, everything wakes me. I think it's a great idea that you use it during the evening watching TV... get use to the feel of it. New things & routines always take time... but I know that once you get use to it - you will be able to sleep and feel so much better :goodvibes:. Have you posted any questions on the board? Maybe someone else already using a machine will be able to give you some tips to make it easier? Just a thought.

And that is so COOL :dance: that your town is doing that 'Taking It Off" program... that would be so much fun to be a part of. How is your team doing? Do you do a total group weight-loss when you weigh in? How often do you all do weigh-ins? I wish you well! Sounds like so much fun!

Hi SUE ~ Thank-you so much! I am doing so much better!

Joe & I felt that we were going through too much sadness these days & so we needed to perk ourselves up a little... we went to get a long awaited living-room set! (Pic. above) It has really helped pull us out of the sadness and so has my exercise! I just love going to Curves! I have allot to do before the furniture gets here and it has helped to take and busy my mind. We are going to take advantage of the empty living-room and clean all of the carpeting. Boy, will that be nice (!) and help us get ready for the holidays coming up on us quite fast. I have seen Christmas stuff out in the stores already!!! Pretty soon they will be displaying it so early in the stores it will be up all year around :lol: Joe and I still do the same thing each year... I decorate in October for Fall & Thanksgiving till Nov. 27th and then Joe takes off the day after Thanksgiving (the 28th) and we go cut down our tree. We put on the movie "A Christmas Story" (just love that movie!!!) and decorate our tree. Then... through the weekend we finish the rest of the decorating and then enjoy it till the 14th of Jan. Last year our tree was beginning to grow!! I must be doing the right thing in caring for them once they are cut. I like cutting our own, because then I KNOW how old it is :)

Oh... as far as your wt-loss slowing down, that happens with SBD (were you on that?) And you really do have to drink your water with that program! At least your 8 glasses --- really does make a difference! I have a hard time drinking what I should also, but I just keep trying. ;) Good Luck!

ANGEL ~ I also have been to your web-site... you did a nice job!!!! I have really enjoyed it so far--- beautiful poem you wrote! I haven't visited everything yet, but I will.

How are you doing these days? Is everything getting all worked out with Maytag? Do you think it will be settled for you soon, so your lives can go on and enjoy the holidays? I am thrilled for you that your DMI gave you an Angel Party --- how very sweet of her!!! And so thrilling for you... God IS so GOOD! I am thrilled for you :dance: You deserve all the happiness in the world!

Everyone does!

Oh... have you heard from your DSIL lately? Is he still well and able to keep in touch with his wife & family? I pray for them ~ALL~ often!

:wave: Hello's to AMANDA ~ Hope you are doing well. Thinking of you! and to SPROUT :wave: Hope all is going well with you... keep walking ;) SHERRY ~ Where are you these days?? Why did you go away? Did you go on a trip? Or are you ill? (sure hope not!) Please... just stop in and say hey - you don't have to worry about catching up if that is what is getting to you. Come back soon - we miss you! I miss you!

Take Care now and everyone have a Wonderful Day today. I must begin my day - have lots to do, fun things to do ;)

God Bless you ~ALL~ !

God can't leave you.
And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of. Genesis 28:15

SunnyD57
10-07-2003, 09:46 AM
A picture of our God-daughter, Jadah (1 1/2), eating her box of raisins...
she is so adorable I just had to share :)...

EZMONEY
10-07-2003, 09:47 AM
Just finished reading the sports page and I will be off to work- I noticed my Raiders had 2 losses coming up- 1 this week against that powerhouse BROWNS team Sunny and 1 in a few weeks against that 'ol Super Bowl looking Vikings team Michele.

Check-in after work, Gary

doitforme
10-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Judy- I agree with E.Z He did a great job of explaining what that passage ment. We have looked at it before with our pastor, and He said the same thing. That Angels were not given the ability to procreate with humans. But it was rightous men with pagan women. Hope your c-pap becomes more comfortable. If you have problems getting used to it there are other types talk to your Dr. about it. My father has one with two little hoses that fit snuggly inside the nose, that don't cover the whole face. But I am sure in time you will get use to it, it is a big change. Do you feel better?
E.Z./Sunny-D - Thanks for the support it just gets fustrating as the week goes by, not seeing anything, I relize it will be slow, and I am not giving up. I have adopted this as a life change. So, will keep on keeping on. I did have a 3lb loss today so, I am pleased with that.Yeah!
Sami- Sorry to hear your not feeling well, prayers for wellness to you, there is lots of bugs around also, about your scanner, mine is a h.p. and I got it to do pictures. So, it was expensive but it works well.
Angel- Hope everything is working out with maytag, and your soon feeling better as well.
Mitchy- Hope your soon feeling better, and not tired and drained. tough illness to beat. Will catch ya all later, have a good day!

SunnyD57
10-07-2003, 12:05 PM
Yeaaaaaa :cp: SUE!!!! I am so happy for you in your 3 lb loss! That is a great loss!!! :dance: :flow1: CONGRATS!!!! I haven't budged in weeks, but I am gonna keep on truckin' Guess what happened? My scale broke - just wore out I guess (had it for years). So now I won't be weighing myself till I get weighed and measured on the 17th of Oct at Curves. I hope it will be good news or you won't be hearing anything :^: from me ;)

doitforme
10-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Thanks so much for your support! You are sweet!
I know if you don't loose actual ponds you'll loose inches, I would probably get less discouraged if I stayed off the scales and weighed weekly, but can't seem to do that. Have a great evening!

EZMONEY
10-07-2003, 08:04 PM
HI LOOOOSERS :lol:

Just got in from my nephew's volleyball game- they won 15-3 then had two losses 7-15 and 8-15-- he had fun though. The coach this year asked me to talk to him about his SMACK talking! I guess he gets a little mouthy with the other team--I have known this lady for 20 years and I know she gets a little carried away but I did talk to him about it-- he told me he was just returning the talk.

Been working at my ex in-laws the last couple of days- always good to see them! They were always on my side in the divorce so it makes it easy to keep a relationship with them after 14 years. Of course I have as good a relationship is possible with their daughter too. As Rodney King said " can't we all just get along?"

JUDY- can we talk turkey? :lol: Loved that story! How are the kids doing with dance and academic team? How is the walking going? Great opportunity with your dance moms and the city weight loss-- I hope you are the big winner? LOOOOSER!!!!!

SUE- So nice to see you posting often! Don't worry! the weight will drop- you just keep up the lifestyle change-- I would throw that scale away!! and just keep doing what you know you need to do for your health. Are you having camping withdrawls?

SUNNYD- Hey dear-- on your goddaughter I WANT ONE!! What a cutie pie!!! Angie said great idea on the carbs- she doesn't count anything, she just eats well so she didn't think about the new carb diets-- you would think she would learn from me and my potato chip addiction:lol:
I am a Raiders fan- they used to be in L.A.-- I am not really an A's fan although I was pulling for them against the Red Sox- Cavez their 3rd baseman went to school close to us. Now I am for the Sox over those dreaded Yankees and the Cubs ( my dad's favorite team) over the Marlins-- I have to have someone to root for each game- makes it more fun.
Try the fajitas when you can- easy and good (for my family anyway) I don't see how you do it without crock-pot cooking-- so many easy things to make and good-- plus the smell when you come home from work ( well, some of us) is awesome.
Love the sofa!!
A Christmas Story huh-- don't shoot your eye out!!;)

Well hi to MICHELE-WILMA-SHERRY-JAMIE-MARILYN-SAMI-ANGEL-LOVER AND ANYONE I FORGOT- SORRY

sami
10-08-2003, 12:56 AM
Hello I pray that everyone has been OP today! I was really sick most of the day but I seem to be feeling a little better now. Staci stayed home sick with it and now Jessi seems to have it so it has to be a bug. I got a call from one of Staci's teachers who says Staci isn't doing well in her class and wanted to know why (I wanted to say why don't you ask her?) I am glad she called and I had a talk with Staci the class wasn't what she thought it would be when she signed up for it and she hates it! I put my foot down she has to do the work and she has to pass! Stress!!!! This kid makes my hair gray! Good thing I know how to take care of that!

Ez-I Met Marvin Harrison at my Target and he was the biggest JERK!!! he didn't want people to take his picture because it hurt his eyes! (boo hoo) People lined up for hours to have him sign thier shirts and pictures. They stopped people from getting in line at one point so it would end at the stated on the ad. It came to the end of the line there was 4 people left and they had been waiting like 6 hrs and he got up and left at the time the ad said it was over with 4 people still in waiting. That show me how little he thought of his fans! Chad Bradskey (Sp?) Was so nice and you could tell he felt bad for way marvin treated his fans. I haven't watched a game since. I have met some of the Target race drivers and they were soooooo nice! marvin needs to take notice!

Judy-How funny! I have a friend who had the same problem with her stove and on Christmas morning while she was in Church her went to clean and caught fire and they came home and found the turkey sitting in the snow in thier front yard and the house had that fire foam all over the kitchen and smoke damage was awful! So I don't trust them things.

Sue-my new hero! I am so happy for you 3 lbs!!!! Keep up the good work!

SunnyD-What a speical God child! I love the new furniture! I use to do a lot dec but since I have been (ill) I just can't do what I use to. I was thinking today what I wanted to do in both girls rooms. I hope I can finish this weekend. One of the biggest problems is I have let the clothes go to long! With 6 kids if I don't go though the clothes every season they pile up. I go through and only let the best one pass down other. Ashli has clothes from Staci and Jessi and most will never fit her. I do love my stuff to and I have to admit I have clothes from back when I first married I am going to be strong and start getting rid of all my junk too!

Well I go to go I am sorry if I have missed anyone. I am praying for all.
Sami

eisenj
10-08-2003, 06:51 AM
Hi friends,

I'm glad you liked my turkey story. I sure hope my oven never catches fire. when ever I get an appliance I try to stay away from those with a computer chip ,but it harder and harder to do.

Laura broke up with her new boy friend. She said he was getting to clingy and posesive. I bought a 50 dollar dress for her a couple weeks ago for her to escort him to the guys pagent at the school next weekend. It is really beautiful. She told him she would still be his escort since its so close to the contest. We will see if he changes his mind. The last straw with him was when he went through her bookbag with out her permittion. He told her friends what is his is his, and what is hers is his. She dumped him like a pancake. Im so proud she stood up for herself. Her dance classes are doing fine. It won't be until the begining of the new year before they perform. You can see pictures of them on photoReflect.com under dance caravan Myrtle Beach # 410, #416, # 426 #438 and fridays workshop the picture of the kids on the steps. Laura has a red shirt with black sleeves in the middle.

Matthew is still doing fine in academic team. they won two and lost one game. Soccer is over with so now he is focusing on getting his eagle in the scouts. He will be working on community service projects and camping.

My husband is on a rampage. The kids are not aloud to watch TV during school days. Now he has added they are not aloud to listen to music, talk on the phone, or get on the computer unless its school related. Next he will tell them they can't breath.:lol: I think we need to talk. They get good grades and behave well. If we restrict them to much they will rebell. I want them to like coming home not dreed it.

got to go

" contentment isn't getting what we want but being satisfied with what we have"

doitforme
10-08-2003, 10:58 AM
Hi Guys!
Thanks again E.Z.- I am camping for the last weekend this weekend, then I close everything up for winter, yuck, summer went to fast. I can't believe its Oct. already. Sami- Hope your soon feeling a whole lot better, you have had it rough my friend, you are my hero, because you always have something nice to say, even things aren't so hot. Dog puking, you sick all the problems with the wedding ect. ect. Hope you get a break soon!
Judy- Your dd sounds like a smart girl, if he is bold enough to start that now, what would happen down the line. Your right your kids will rebel and end up hurting their relatuionship with their dad, unless he has a good reason for the rampage. Hi to everyone else, just popped in for a minute, see ya later.

Mitchypoo
10-08-2003, 11:29 AM
Hello all! :wave:

This is taken from a daily devotional by the Copeland's and I wanted to share it.
Seed of Faith

"For verifly I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." (Matthew 17:20)

Someone once said that the reason I can live like I do is because I have special faith.But, you know, that's just not true. I don't have special faith. God has given me the same measure of faith He's given to you and every other believer. The only reason my fiath looks like it works better is because I use it!

If you've been living in the shadow of a mountain, waiting for god to give you some kind of special faith, make a change today. Step out and put the measure of faith you have to work moving the spiritual, physical, mental, or financial obstacles Satan has brought against you.

Romans 12:3 says God has dealt to every man the measure of faith. Belive Him! Step out in faith about that faith! Say, "Heavenly Father, I thank You that through faith in Jesus Christ, You have shared Your nature and Your Spirit with me. I am grateful for the measure of faith imparted to me as a believer.

"I make the decision today to walk in that faith. To put it to work on the situations around me. I commit myself to operte in mountain-moving faith, for I know that it is impossible to please You without it (Heb. 11:6).

"As I plant this faith and water it with Your Word (Rom. 10:17), I expect it to grow and overcome the mountains in my life and in the lives of those for whom I intercede.

"Thank You, Father, that as I do this, nothing shall be impossible to me! In Jesus' Name. Amen."
This just spoke to me.

Angel-lover
10-08-2003, 02:32 PM
HI EVERYBODY...CAN'T STAY ON...AT STATION. MY MONITOR BLEW THIS MORNING! I'LL BE BACK ASAP!! TAKE CARE....ANGEL-LOVER

EZMONEY
10-08-2003, 03:32 PM
HI LADIES-

Well our big "circus" election is over here and Arnold has won. He is the guy I voted for, we christians may have had a better choice in Tom Mclintok but there was no way he could win. Arnold is a good man and I believe he really truly cares about our state-- why else would he give up all he has to be governor? right? Time will tell- but I figure if Michele can have a wrestler at one time- we deserve another movie star- Reagan did our state proud!

Home from work early and already mowed the lawn and put all the trash cans back-whew- maybe I'll take a nap before Angie gets home-Ha. She'll catch me for sure.

Angie got a digital camera last night so expect some pictures soon! As soon as she figures it out-- just gonna try to keep up with SunnyD.

SAMI- Sorry about your expierence with Marvin-- I don't know anything about him but I'll bet you will never hear anything like that on Peyton! I hope anyway. We had Tony Gwynn for the Padres here for years-- sometimes he was all smiles other days not-- I sat with him a few times at high school basketball games ( his son played for a local high school at the same time my boy did so they played against each other twice a year for 4 years) anyway, he was always being pestered. What I didn't like about it was that little kids would come up and ask for an autograph, he would say after the game- but then he would high tail out so the kids were then dissapointed. I think things could have been handled in a better way. Over the years there was a lot of mixed opinions on wether he was a good or bad guy- guess it depends on wether or not you got an autograph-- I never wanted one-- he was on the Padres- a team I dislike very much- my buddies team!
Sorry about Staci and her class- what class is it- how old is she again? Ever since I have held my nephew accountable he has been an Angel (?)-- I am sure it will wear off but now it is nice.

JUDY- Wow what a cute daughter!! She will have no problem finding another boyfriend! In the boy's behalf- he probably has heard that at home-- he may or may not have meant it. However he had no business going through her things!! That in itself is enough. What he said I always say to my wife- but WE all no who is the boss-- and it ain't ME!! I am just glad she gives me an allowance:lol:
I remember when I was a junior in high school- I was going with a girl that was a senior and very cute. She would walk home right by my house on the way to hers- I always went to work after school, before she got out- anyway when I would get home I would find out from my sister that she would be in my room-- innocent stuff-- I told her to stay out of my room if I wasn't here- anyway one day I came home and she had cleaned it-- I was furious!! I know she meant it as a good thing but I had warned her to stay out-- I dumped her then and there -- I felt suffocated! by her-- and I really liked her!! and she was soooo cute! but it was just not gonna happen! I remeber thinking " My ... I need some space!!" Your DD did the right thing.
Your husband sounds perfectly fine to me (like me) My family just laughs! when i get like that-- although if they did do something wrong they accept full resposibility of the punishment-- they know the difference between me just blowing up cause I am tired and cranky or if they messed up.-- but then they are older.
Why is he mad?

SUE Have fun camping-- your last hoorah for the year.

MICHELE Nice devotion- very helpful!

Hi ANGEL

Talk to the rest of you all later- gotta get some business (nap) taken care of:lol:

SunnyD57
10-08-2003, 06:50 PM
I am going to begin tonight by asking for special thoughts & prayers in my healing... I took a bad fall at my Curves this morning! It is the third tme in less then 7 weeks that I turned my right ankle in both directions & I did it stepping off the recovery station to go to the next machine @ Curves and I went down really hard this time. I not only feel it in my ankle, but in my neck & shoulders and both knee's & thighs that I fell on --- what a mess! I am so mad http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4_2_3.gif at myself & sooo disappointed... I cannot begin to tell you, because now I have to wait till Monday to go back! That means I miss two of my workouts! I am so bummed, so terribly bummed... I never ever would have thought I would be bumming about NOT going to a workout!! I am hoping & praying for a speedy recovery!! Please, keep me in your prayers. I have been laid up all day and thought I make this quick to ask for prayers http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/17_1_10.gif. Looks like I will need to wear an air-brace for awhile till this ankle becomes stronger. According to the nurse at the Curves (working out there) I have weakened this ankle so badly and it will always need to be braced while I am working out. I cannot begin to tell you all how very sad I am feeling about missing my exercise. I so look forward to going! My girlfriend, Peggy, came over this afternoon and spent the rest of the day with me to cheer me up and take my mind off of things for a bit --- it really did help to have her here.

MICHELE ~ God really used you today!!!! Thank-you for being so open to his will and word.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4_7_12.gif I really needed to hear all the encouraging words you wrote for us today! Thank~you! Thank~you! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4_6_7.gif Thank~you!! And May the Lord continue to Bless you for you surely have blessed me!

Hello GARY ~ I so look forward to seeing some of those pictures!!! Just try and catch up ;) I "double-dog dare you" (A Christmas Story :lol: ) You can always bring a smile to my face no matter how I am feeling - Thanx! I am so glad you enjoyed Jadah's picture - she is precious - isn't she :)

Hey, did you know that your RAIDERS are playing against our BROWNS this week? You may have told me but I had forgotten.

Well, guys... I have to make this very short or my foot will get all swollen with even more fluid. Please keep me in your prayers that if nothing else my spirits stay healthy... the :devil: really tries to get a hold of me when I am this down. He hates that we are Gods Children and always puts his leg out there to try and trip us up! He doesn't know that I am a tough ole lady! (now... I didn't say 'old'!)

God Bless and Sleep well...
(((Hugs)))

wilma12
10-08-2003, 06:58 PM
I'm having trouble keeping up with everyone here. this place is hopping. I can't seem to get on as much as I would like to.

I'm still doing well with my exercise and am getting things under control eating wise too. I tried on a dress on Sunday that I hadn't worn since August and it was looser. Even DH noticed. What a great feeling!! Hopefully I'll have some lost poundage to report when I weigh in next.

Gary: I'm glad you enjoyed the soup. It's one of our favourites. An interesting variation is to eliminate the spices and add taco seasoning, a can of pork and beans and corn. Then you can call it Taco soup!

Sami: Are you feeling better? I hate being sick. Hope things are better in your world.

SunnyD: My blinds turned out much better than I thought. They actually look quite elegant. I am a home decorating show addict. I love getting ideas and would love to have more time and money to impliment them. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying Curves so much. I still am too.

Hi to everyone else!! Have a super day

Mitchypoo
10-08-2003, 09:44 PM
Aw Sunny! Gosh, i'm so sorry you had a fall and that you hurt your ankle. :cry: But please don't get too discouraged. It's great that you have such a desire to keep this habit, but you must first take care of yourself and heal that ankle. And 2 workouts is nothing, you'll be right back in there. My suggestion is to ice it, keep it up and take some ibuprofen for swelling. Haven't you been telling me to take care of myself? You need to take your own advice, dear! ;)

Gary~It's unbelievable who your Governor elect is! And i'm sorry but the way he says California just drives me over the edge! Hopefully he'll surprise me and do a great job. Can't wait to see your pics!

EZMONEY
10-08-2003, 09:45 PM
Angie is trying out the new camera. Took pictures of her roses and is trying to attach the file.

Didn't work.
:?:
SunnyD, I need your help. How do I attach a jpeg file? (This is Angie callin')

EZMONEY
10-08-2003, 09:57 PM
Here we go again.

And here we mess up again!:^:

EZMONEY
10-08-2003, 10:12 PM
So sorry Sunny- Prayers for you!! We didn't read the past post when we were trying to send the pictures of Angie's roses. You stay in bed and keep that ankel up with ice on it!

Hey Mich-- don't be so hard on our guy! We give anybody credit for trying to say anything in English around here these days.

eisenj
10-09-2003, 07:01 AM
Hi everyone

~Sunny D ~ Sorry you hurt yourself at curves. Take some time to heal. When you get back to curves don't use the platforms between machines, work out on the floor instead. Are you using the platform as a step? our instructor won't let us use it that way. We are not aloud to go off and on the platform. We have to exercise in place. I will pray for your quick recovery.

~Wilma~ Congradulations on your weight loss.:cp: :cp: It feels so good to fit into cloths that at one time were to small. We are so proud of you. Keep up the good work.

~Gary~ Looking forward to seeing Angie's roses. My neighbors down the street have their whole front yard filled with roses. Evidently, She got rose bushes every year they were married. They are retired now. You should see the two of them in the garden together caring for their roses. Its so romantic to see this elderly couple showing their love for each other that way. They are a great christan couple. She loves to spoil my son with food.

God bless everyone
I got to take the car into the shop today after I take the kids to school.

" The fellow who does thing that count doesn't usually stop to count them."

SunnyD57
10-09-2003, 07:01 AM
Good Morning MICHELLE ~ I am taking it easy today for sure - mu hubby took the day off to be with me today. Thank - You are right, I must care for myself as I care for others... gonna give it a go. You are sweet!

GARY & ANGIE (Hi!!! :wave: ) ~ As far as your pictures go... All I know is that when I take them off of my camera & put it on the cp it is not in j-peg format. I have a USB port to go into and my pics go from the camera to a file. Once loaded what I do is choose the pic I want; double click on it and then I have choices at the bottom of the picture to do as I need. Then I go to my ArcSoft program and change the size to 320width x 240height in pixels; then go to save in the j-peg format. Once it's done I just go to Post a REPLY and where you write your post - just below the window you'll see ATTACH FILE. Go to browse and look for the file your pic or pics are at. Then once you have picked it out just double click and it should be attached... I hope it works. But each cp is a bit different. I had the photo program included in my Home-XP, so if there's another way I will try to help you figure it out. LUCK!!!! Cannot wait to see picks you you two! Sorry I wasn't available last night to lend a hand... was in bed at 8:30! (pathetic!)

The pic below is 480 x 360 pixels in size and it worked.

SunnyD57
10-09-2003, 07:13 AM
JUDY ~ :nono: Nooo, I wasn't using the recovery station as a step - I was just stepping off to go to the next machine and lost my footing... my right ankle is so very weak from all the past sprains I should have known to wear a brace. I feel a lot better this morning, but I can feel the brusing more today ~ everywhere! Joe got some ALEVE he picked up at the drug store and it worked real well last night, so I could sleep.

Thank~you so much for your prayers... they mean so very much to me... God Bless You!

doitforme
10-09-2003, 09:32 AM
It is such a bright and sunny day! I am off to bowling soon, just got down doing the bullitin for church on Sunday, wanted to pop in and say Hi! Sorry to hear you got hurt sunny hope your soon back feeling better. Can't wait to see your pics E.Z. congrats on loosing wilma, I gotta take my car in to the shop tom. to Judy, it is leaking antifreeze If it isn't one thing with it , it is another. Hi michele, hi to everyone else, and all those MIA'S Gotta run

EZMONEY
10-09-2003, 10:14 AM
One more time!

One more failure!:(

We'll keep trying.

eisenj
10-09-2003, 10:18 AM
[color=red] ~Sunny~ Your husband is so sweet for staying home with you. I hope you get to feeling better. I love the color of your new sofa. It looks so warm and cozy.

EZMONEY
10-09-2003, 11:10 AM
Never say die! We're tryin' it again.

Thank you SunnyD - it worked!:D

SunnyD57
10-09-2003, 11:24 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_105.gifI am laughing "OUT LOUD"!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_8.gif So happy it worked for you!!!!!

Now for the picture of you and Angie... we are all waaaaitiiiiing ;)
Beautiful Rose!!! From your gardens???

EZMONEY
10-09-2003, 12:14 PM
HI GALS-

:cp: YEA! Angie was finally able to send a picture-- thank-you Sunny for your help. The picture is of a rose out of her rose garden, a couple of others turned out but she didn't want to send them, she thought that would be too much with all the failure posts she did. She is off to the dr. now for some kind of check-up then she will head straight up to her mom's ( a couple of hours away) and then to her sister's hair shop to get her hair done. She is taking a personal day from school-- wish I could get a "paid" personal day:lol:
I am going to do the grocery shopping today BY MYSELF!! because the checkers may go on strike here this week-end. Want to go to Costco too--- without Angie with me I am out of control-- you'd be surprised of all the things I think we need;)

Angie says she will take more pictures of US and get them to you gals soon-- as soon as she gets a good one of me-- this could be a very long wait girls so don't hold your breath! the last good picture of me was my yearbook graduation one-- 31 years ago!!! Boy could that shop touch-up!!

SUE- about your car-- I though that it was "if it's not one thing it's your MOTHER!" :lol: We could use help with our church bulletin too-- there is so much to do- I am really thankful for the ladies that put it all together. If the car doesn't get fixed- run it out here, my ex-wife's shop fixes mine- could get you a deal!

JUDY Angie does the roses--I do the grass. She usually does her rose maintanence after her run/walk on Saturday mornings. She gets up usually at 6 then goes 3.5 to 5 miles, when she gets home she just goes to the shed, gets out her stuff and goes to town on the roses. I water them once a week for her.

SUNNYD Glad to hear you are better. I really like the furniture too! Not as cute as your goddaughter but nice just the same! Sat through the first confirmation class with my nephew last night-- he is in 8th, usually they go 5-7th grades at our church to be confirmed-- he will have to do all 3 years in one year- not a problem-- we just want to make sure the kids understand what christianity is. He fits right in and is looking forward to it. Our Pastor says he really enjoys him because he is really interested in what he is learning.

Well gotta get to the bank, shopping etc or Angie will bust my chops when she gets home tonight:lol: I better have her tea ready when she gets home from the stress of being with her mother;) At least she isn't mad at me for taking a "personal day" from work:) of course mine is W/O pay!!

See Ya- Gary

sami
10-09-2003, 02:13 PM
Hello I have to make this quick I am in need of prayers for my DD and her husband. Last night they were awaken by people outside thier door several guys were standing outside thier bedroom window next to thier cars the police came and my dd and her husband went out to see what was going on and The police said someone discribed my SIL as someone peeking in thier window! My poor SIL was shocked he had been in bed since 8pm (he goes in to work at 4am) he had to show ID and was scared they were going to take him to jail! Thank the Lord because my DD was with him the whole night nothing happen to him but the police told my DD that she was in the worse sections of this apt and that they have had rapes and kidnaping and all kinds of bad stuff! So now I am worried about thier safty staying there. I will post more when I know more.
Sami

sprout
10-09-2003, 09:35 PM
Been rather busy this last few days / week -- but have caught up on the posts.

Looks like every one is doing well -- all things considered.

We have had a much better week with son -- thank you Lord.

For walking I have now completed 640.25 miles since Jan 2/02 -- mini goal is to get to 650 miles and then by the end of this year to have reached 700 miles!!

Having been working through a Christian 12 Step Program re weight loss and have also added to it Dr. Phil's The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution. Am learning a lot about myself and I have been able to release a number of 'wrong thinking on my part' as well as I have written letters (not going to mail) that have aided to my recovery from things in my past. Has been a tremendous healing process. I am now seeing where I am now able to take the focus of of food!! Praise the Lord!!!

Since September 15, 2003 I have lost 5.25 pounds -- 3 of this since the beginnin of October. This makes a total of 22.75 pounds from my heaviest weight recorded !! :cb:

Now for a question -- can we start a new thread -- I am finding this one getting rather long! -- not sure how to start it though

SunnyD57
10-09-2003, 09:48 PM
Hi SPROUT ~ Usually SAMI begins the new threads... she or SHERRY usually do it. I could start a new thread, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Besides... we have gone as high as 17 pages in the past ;)
Just to let you know...

CONGRATS :cp: on your total weight loss! :dance: Wonderful!
Keep up the great work. I am waiting for my ankle to heal up before I can go back to Curves. It is really swollen tonight, but not as achy as last night. But I will hopefully go back to working out on Monday.

Keep up the great job!!!

Good-night everyone!!
God Bless!!!

Mitchypoo
10-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Hope I didn't step on toes, but thought i'd start a new thread as requested. Come join us on #175

SunnyD57
10-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Stop here -
Michele has begun #175 ;)