Weight Loss Support - 300 + and ready to try again #416

View Full Version : 300 + and ready to try again #416

Grannie39074
09-23-2003, 03:54 PM
300 + and ready to try again #416
WELCOME !!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 pm EST, 7:30 pm CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!

Grannie39074
09-23-2003, 03:56 PM
Look at me I started the new thread:D

I'm almost ready to start to work but thought I'd drop in for a quick peek and saw we need a new thread.

Catch you later

justme2338
09-23-2003, 04:58 PM
Well we are down 3 people in the office today so it's just insanity. I have had no time what-so-ever to get anything done. That's good though, cause I don't sit at my desk looking for something to eat.
That darn scale is still up. I am literally trying to work my butt off this week to get the scale down. :lol: The celebration is over so I have no excuses to eat extra.
How is everyone else? Mary, what happened to you? Started a new thread and ran away. :( Hope everyone's day is going well!

Phone's ringing again...UGH.

peekabooangel
09-23-2003, 05:05 PM
Great job starting the thread Mary, but you forgot to direct us that we were moving on over to thread #416. I started a new thread with pretty colors and stuff then hit submit then went to post on the thread and OMG:fr: there were two #416's....:lol: , so I deleted and came here.....:)

Today is day 9 of my new life style and all is going strong still. I just got into a bag of WOW chips, but its way okay, figured them into my points for the day, I have plenty and all day long in my head I have been hearing THINS advice to TINA to eat your points. So I am trying. I am off to bingo tonight, and am even treating myself to Subway. I have enough points to have a large sandwich.....and I am kind of hungry, so think I will get the chicken one...yummy.

I hope everyones day is going or went well. Wishing you all a nice evening of rest and relaxation.

Hugs to all,
Sandy

Grannie39074
09-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Sandy Sorry I forgot

Duckie25
09-23-2003, 07:19 PM
I had this e-mailed to me, in Honor Of Breast Cancer Month, thought it was a nice poem ( it you can call it that ).

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER
(By ERMA BOMBECK)

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained and the sofa faded. I would have eaten the popcorn in the "GOOD" living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace. I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth. I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed. I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage. I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains. I would have cried and laughed less while watching tele vision and more while watching life. I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I wasn't there for the day. I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil or was guaranteed to last a lifetime. Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment realizing that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle... When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner." There would have been more "I love you's" and more "I'm sorry's" but mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute.....look at it and really see it ... live it. And never give it back. :cry:

I definelty have to stop nagging my son and let him be a boy, and not worry about how much of a mess my house is but, go out and have fun with my son. It made me think, there's so much I take for granted, and I don't wont my life to be wasted, so in order to be around to enjoy life I need to get healthy.;)

pjkdreamer
09-23-2003, 07:48 PM
Good Evening Chickies,

Duckie, many thanks for what you wrote, it is so true!!

I want to share something with you ladies, I watched the Dr Phil show today, and I heard my story in some of those folks, I share their pain, and know from which they come. I wrote this in my journal just a few moments ago, and if you will all indulge me for a moment please.......I REFUSE TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE FAT!! I REFUSE TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE FEELING LIKE I AM MISSING OUT ON MY LIFE!!! I REFUSE, ABSOLUTELY, UNEQUIVOCALLY, IRREFUTABLY, TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE FEELING UNWORTHY!! I REFUSE TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE BEING FAT!! I REFUSE LIVING ONE MORE YEAR, ONE MORE MONTH, ONE MORE DAY, ONE MORE HOUR, OR ONE MORE MINUTE FEELING LIKE I DO NOT DESERVE A HEALTHY FIT BODY!! I AM GOING TO GET UP OFF MY ***, STOP FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF AND LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE THE WAY I DESERVE TO LIVE, PHYSCIALLY, SPIRITUALLY AND MENTALLY HEALTHY!!! I REFUSE TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE BEING FAT!! THE PAST IS IN THE PAST, I CAN DO NOTHING TO CHANGE IT, MY PRESENT IS HERE AND NOW, AND I AM CHEATING MYSELF IF I AM NOT WILLING TO DO AND BE ALL I CAN BE!!! AND MY FUTURE?? I HAVE NO FUTURE IF I CONTINUE DOWN A ROAD OF SELF SABOTAGE AND SELF DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOR!! I REFUSE TO DO THAT ANYMORE, I REFUSE TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE BEING FAT!! I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT ANYMORE!!, AND DID I SAY...I REFUSE TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE BEING FAT!!

j-ann
09-23-2003, 08:18 PM
j-ann whispers:"Uh Pam? ..... Were you trying to tell us something about making a committment?????" (jk)

Yep, I think you were and I'm glad you're shouting it to the world! You Go Gal! :bravo: :high:

BarbPA
09-23-2003, 10:25 PM
Hi Girlies!
I hope everyone has had a wonderful day. I am proud of myself today --- I worked late, got home after 7, there was a little voice in my head saying "skip the gym today - you can make up for it tomorrow" but, NO :no: I didn't listen. I changed clothes and went and did a 30 min. cardio workout! :yes: I felt so much better after I went. I came home, had a light dinner. After I play on the computer a few minutes I am going to read and get a good night's sleep. :yawn:

I hope you all have a great night!
:)Barb

katrinabgood
09-23-2003, 10:47 PM
Tuesday Tip:

NEVER GIVE UP!

qsilver
09-24-2003, 12:33 AM
Hey everyone :)

Pam, I've got to say, I was getting a bit worried about you until that last post. WOW! What a powerful statement. What an amazing commitment to yourself. I am so happy for you, and I am blown away by your progress. :)

Kat, perfect tip for today!

Barb, I think we were sharing little voices tonight. I made it to Curves, if only for half a workout. But that half was more than I had planned to do, and I felt better for it as well. :)

Duckie, thanks for posting that piece. It is one of my favorites. :)

Sandy, you are doing so well with keeping your points, and I can see you are also able to eat for real, not just typical diet foods. Very cool!

Natalie, it really must have been crazy at your work. But busy does have the nice side effect of keeping down the boredom eating, you are right. Good luck on moving that scale the right direction. :)

Mary, thank you for starting the new thread! It has been nice seeing you posting more. :)

Ok, I'm really tired and dh has dosed me up with something to help me sleep. He was trying to ply me with a glass of wine or a shot of scotch, but I turned him down. Don't want sleep that bad! He has just been getting worried about me driving between jobs because I'm such a zombie. I finally accepted his offer of an antihistamine. Those usually knock me on my backside. Let's hope I can wake up in the morning, now! :lol:

Until then...:yawn: :tired: :faint:

Andria

katrinabgood
09-24-2003, 06:00 AM
You guys have GOT to see this...great photo journey of a woman's weight loss...over 200 lbs! Following WW.
good recipes there too!

http://www.darleneelizabeth.com/openingpage.htm

peekabooangel
09-24-2003, 08:17 AM
I will have to try to post from work. I was off reading the site Kat put up, now I am out of time. Got to get Alexis out to the bus stop. Love the site by the way....thanks Kat, I printed some of the recipes already.

Wishing you all a lovely day,
Sandy

Grannie39074
09-24-2003, 08:35 AM
Morning guys I found a neat diet site it is humerous.
www.dietbites.com

BarbPA
09-24-2003, 08:51 AM
WOW!!!

Kat - it was amazing to look at her pictures. When I have more time I'll go back and read more of her site....for now I am off to the gym.....
:strong:

Catch you all later!

j-ann
09-24-2003, 08:56 AM
Mornin, :sunny:

Stayed OP yesterday with no challenges! Don't get too many days like that. Think I'll try for two in a row. :) I'm at work today then off for a real long weekend. Have plans to met friends at a dog show in the Finger Lakes for a couple of days then get some stuff done here, at home. I'll be here but probably not too often for the next few days.

KAT: Loved Darleneelizabeth's site. She's a roll model.

MARY: I'm bookmarking dietbites and plan to spend a rainy day exploring it. Looks like there's lot's of good stuff there.

ANDRIA: Are you AWAKE this morning or did DH's little antihistamine do you in???

BARB: You are SOOOO GOOD! You went to work out when the "voices" told you to stay home. That's the way you'll win the weight loss battle. :dancer:

Everyone I missed: Which is most of you ..... Have a great OP day and don't let the "voices" lead you astray.

Gotta get to work,

katrinabgood
09-24-2003, 09:50 AM
I'm on my way out for a bike ride...It's a cool 56 degrees out there. I was debating whether or not to go to the gym and decided it's too nice out...I can go there later.

I went yesterday and took a step class... There was some annoying older fellow in the class though. I put my step down next to his...that was the only spot available...he gave me a look and then looked down at my step, as if to say, "you're invading my space." :rolleyes: I pointedly moved it over about 6 inches and he got all apologetic, "oh no, you're okay!" Some people get very posessive about "their spot." I love step class...I'm usually the heaviest one there and I know they're thinking...hoo boy, this oughta be good...but I have been stepping for years and can hold my own. It's such a good, sweaty workout!

Time to hit the trail...see you guys later!

BarbPA
09-24-2003, 12:24 PM
Where is everyone today? We almost fell of the page! :sp: Have no fear, I've saved us and brought us back up where we belong!

I just had a snack of my new favorite --- Tina got me thinking about the Cream Cheese and crackers snack. I found a spreadable cheese that is Garlic and Herb flavored. Only 60 calories per 2T. Can remember the name - starts with an R. I had it on some Crackers from Harry & Davids. Yummy.

Now I am going to tackle some work. I'm going tanning on my lunch break. Gotta get my skin ready for the caribbean sun!
:sunny:

What's everyone else up to???

Syn
09-24-2003, 12:52 PM
ARUGGGGGGG

I get so mad at myself when I had a less than perfect day like I did yesterday...seems to me that then I feel I have to pay today!
SO all I have had this morning was a bottle of water, and of course I am now hungrier than a bear and meaner than a junk yard dog ....:devil: I know better than to do this to my body...I know I need to eat today, and yesterday was a little slip...but for some reason I guess I feel the need to "punish" myself.....:(

Bad way of thinking isn't it? I get so :mad: at myself!

What do you guys do to stay OP when you have slipped off or are thinking about slipping off that dang wagon?

I refuse to give up this time, I am jumping back on the wagon..

I fantasize that the wagon I am jumping on is the old wagon from a hayride I was on as a teenager....got my first real kiss :o and I felt so pretty and of course my "guy" was so very :cool: or do we say "hot" these days??

It would be such a delicious sensation to feel that good about myself again, It is all a matter of self esteem isn't it?

Don't know if I wanna get back on a hay wagon with a 17 year old boy again. tho ( might be illeagal even) .;) Don't know if this old body could take that lind of thing today ......UMMMMMM but maybe if it was the same guy....:D

OMG he is almost "old" by now...why is it that I still feel 16 some days??? ha ha

I am going to go have a salad and at least think about some form of exercise....

Hope you don't mind my babbling...and I hope I make some kind of sense....

And No, I am not under the influence of any substances..:^: don't think that...I have just been going on a trip down memory lane and talking about wanting to not fall off the wagon made me think of other wagons & hayrides...hayrides made me think of being young, and carefree.... HAve any of you been on a hayride with someone special? Great memory isn't it??

Enough of that...I am being silly today....

I will try and respond to individuals another time....Until then...Think of a time you felt your heart sing just for the joy of being alive! Think of your first kiss and smile.....

katrinabgood
09-24-2003, 01:03 PM
What do you guys do to stay OP when you have slipped off or are thinking about slipping off that dang wagon?

Just get right back on!! Don't say, "Oh well, I really blew it this time...may as well eat everything that isn't nailed down and start again tomorrow!" been there, done that...who hasn't?!

And don't NOT EAT to compensate for a slip up. You'll only make yourself so friggin' ravenous that you can't help but overeat...

Just start again.

Slow and steady wins the race!

And fasten your seatbelt next time you get up on that wagon!

j-ann
09-24-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by katrinabgood

And don't NOT EAT to compensate for a slip up. You'll only make yourself so friggin' ravenous that you can't help but overeat...

Just start again.

Slow and steady wins the race!

And fasten your seatbelt next time you get up on that wagon!

Syn,

I second Kat's statement. If you don't eat then later you will eat and you'll eat a lot more than you should. Then you end up on a 2nd day in a row with problems. If you're doing WW you have the pts. to use and 3 (count 'em 1,2,3) meals a day plus snacks to eat them up. Don't wait til you have to scarf them all down at in one meal. Spread them out during the day. Do Not Starve Yourself, Do Not Punish Yourself. We all screw up once in a while. Put it behind you and start anew.

As far as slipping of the wagon .... Honey, there's a dent in the dirt where I land. :) I know if I write down everything that I eat and if I can plan most of my day ahead I can pull myself back up onto that seat and enjoy the ride. So if I do slip I sharpen my pencil and begin again right away.

Grannie39074
09-24-2003, 02:50 PM
chat tonight at 7:30 central.(If I can get computer away from my son)

justme2338
09-24-2003, 04:56 PM
Another nutty day and I'm in an even nuttier mood. Jeesh. I don't know how much more of this I can take. You know, my ear actually hurts from talking on the phone so long. I don't think I can hear another ring as long as I live. My friends wonder why I never call them. :lol:

Kat,
Thanks for posting that website. I stole a few minutes to browse through her pics. What courage! I can't imagine having to go through such a long journey. Sometimes I have flash-forward of how my life would be if I don't change. It's terrifying. I don't want to die young and I don't want to spend the rest of my adult life using insulin or having surgeries. When I see or read about women that have been so successful I have a new sense of motivation.

Syn,
I think the hardest part of this is staying on track when your mind wants nothing to do with it. When I think about giving up I take that flash forward and try and see myself as a diabetic or having a heart attack. You have to remember all you have to live for. Don't ever give up on yourself, you are much too important! :goodvibes:

I would really like to chat tonight but I can't bare to miss the season finale of Big Brother 4. I can't believe I got so sucked into it. The stinky part is that I just know that Allison is going to win. She is such a slime!
On the note of Survivor I am a maniac with that one! Gotta watch Survivor girls!

QueenB
09-24-2003, 08:05 PM
Hey guys....

You ever have one of those days....(more like weeks) that you feel like you don't have anything to say? Yeah... I know, we are talking about ME. :blah:

Sometimes I get internet burnout. It happens. Plus, I have been uber-busy. Monday, football practice. Tuesday-game. Tonight-free! :cb: Thursday-game Friday-getting my hair cut...thanks goodness or I'm going to run amuck and kill someone. :mad: Now, throw all that in with work, cooking dinner, trying to exercise, grocery shopping, dentist appts, homework, baths, cleaning the house, laundry.... whew, it makes one woman tired!

I am truly ready for a break.

Food has been good. I'm still OP and will be trying another leader this week. I love you all and I will pop back in, in the morning for a HUGE post!

K?

Terri in MO
09-24-2003, 08:55 PM
Hi gang,

I'm back and I'm whipped. The time change did me in big time.

I had a great time. DH is disappointed he couldn't get off work to go but I met a very nice gal at the conference that was by herself and didn't want to be either---- so we palled around for three days and went out to eat every night. We had a great time. She's from Green Bay, WI.

It may take me a few days to catch up and get to posting again. Getting back into the routine here with food and exercise is #1 priority.

Take care!

BarbPA
09-24-2003, 09:03 PM
Hi Gang -
I popped in to chat to say Hi and was there talking to myself.
:blah:

Now there are several shows on that I want to watch so I am going to get comfy on the couch!

Catch ya tomorrow!

pjkdreamer
09-24-2003, 10:49 PM
Good Evening,

Helllllllllllo my little chicadees!!

Thanks katrina for posting the website, I saved it under my favorites so I can look to it again and again for inspiration!! the photos of her were absolutely amazing.

Had a good day here. Staying on program as best I can with the small amt of food I have in the house!! 2 more days till payday, and I am soooooooooooooooo ready!!

Check in with you chicks in the am.

qsilver
09-25-2003, 01:03 AM
Hey everyone :)

I am sooooo tired and so sick of being sooooo tired. The antihistamine helped last night. I slept close to 7 hours. Only problem was that I couldn't make my eyes focus for the first hour I was awake. Not kidding! I was seeing two of everything. It was really odd. Normally when I'm tired is the hardest time to keep out of food, but it just doesn't seem to matter right now. I don't have enough energy to get up and walk to the fridge anyway. :lol:

Have a good night, all. See you tomorrow!

Andria

BarbPA
09-25-2003, 08:12 AM
Good Morning! Rise and Shine Chicks!!!!
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

peekabooangel
09-25-2003, 08:19 AM
Morning chicklets,
I went to chat last night too, I did get to chat with Mary for a few minutes, it was nice talking to you Mary.

I wanted to tell you all of my victory yesterday. I know, a post all about me. :dizzy: But I am so proud of me, well I was at the moment and suppose I still am.

We went car shopping last night (MINI VAN) anyway, my brother in law and hubby decided we should go out to eat because it was getting late. I did make them let me choose the resturaunt finally. So, I choose one that I know will have my kind of food. I ordered unsweetened Iced Tea with lemon, then I ordered my char broiled chix, baked potatoe (please don't put butter on it I asked), brocolli, and I had one butterless dinner roll. My meal was really really good, no complaints at all EXCEPT DH and BIL, they order one of my favorites Mozzerrella sticks:mad: , so they get to the table and I put them at the other end way away from me. I sat there looking at my tea and just sipping away. I really really wanted one, but I would not do it!!! I talked myself out of it completly, I told myself it would all be over in a few minutes and where would it get me if I ate one? I would feel super bad!!!! Then the big *** goobers both order Seafood platters.....fried....ugh!!!! I did have one bite of a shrimp of my hubbys, it was good, but one bite is all that was passing these lips. So, I think "wow" I made it through....then the waitress comes back and they order PIE (chocolate cream pie). NO BITES passed these lips. I sat there with me and my tea. So you see I did a good thing for me, and I even had room to come hope and have my popcorn. Then later I went down to the cellar where I put my WW fudge pops in the freezer so I would have to work for it if I wanted one. And anyway I had my dessert. YUMMY and just 1 point. Thats my story of my life for last night. LOL

Now today is gonna be a busy day at work, but I will pop in later to read, and might have time to post a quicky. I hope everyone is doing well.

Tina: I'm waiting for the huge post you spoke of.

Pam: I loved that site too, I even copied the recipe for the eggrolls (OMG, I LOVE EGGROLLS) and went to the store and got all the ingredients for them. She sure is inspirational. I even called it up at work and showed my boss, she was amazed.

Well gotta run....

Hugs to you all,
Sandy

Grannie39074
09-25-2003, 08:48 AM
Hello chicklets:)

Rise and Shine
Today is a new day (I hope):dizzy:

Sandy it was good chatting with you last night.
Today is another work day , Tonight we have a Friends of the Library meeting. The boss and I are going to stay over after work and start decorating for Family History Month before the meeting starts at 7. I am excited to start putting out fall decorations.

My neice that lives about 50 miles away had to come to my town yesterday for a deposition job so I took her out to lunch. Her birthday was in Aug. and I didn't get her anything so I told her the lunch was her birthday gift.:^:

Hope all of you have a great day. I hope I do:D

pjkdreamer
09-25-2003, 12:04 PM
Good Morning My Lovelies,

Sandy, you did great! I am so proud of you!!

I have a job interview in the morning, could turn into a management position, so keep your fingers crossed please. I am not unhappy in my present job, but I would like something with a bit more "normal schedule"...I will keep you all posted.

No time for individual replies, but I will catch up with all of you later.....toodles:wave:

QueenB
09-25-2003, 12:53 PM
Halt! Stop! Cease posting! Down I say.....

Head on over to the continuing saga of....

300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#417

:wave: