Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 11:32 AM   #1  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default better the devil you know?

well i'm still on the diet and running scheme. whats happened is well my parents are thinking of selling up everything and moving to the naples area of florida. and well my dad asked me if i was interested in going. well yea i am but i have nothing to go to. i'm saving at the moment to qualify as a personal trainer. which would give me a business opertunity and my parents are gonna start up there won business so i'd be pretty settled. its just the thought of rebuilding a whole new life. the whole new set of friends and well knowing that all of my history here in england will have no relevance to anyone over there and that it'll be that much harder to make common ground with people. but on the otherside this place is a dump and i have nothing keeping me here. so is it better the devil you know or is it a risk worth jumping for
Old 09-23-2003, 12:07 PM   #2  

Si, I understand what you're saying. I made a similar move, though not as large as your move. After my divorce, 10 years ago, I packed up my 3 girls and moved to Kansas from California. My grandma was out here, but I had no friends, no job, and 3 little girls depending on me.

It turned out to be the greatest thing I could have done. It was a great move for me and for my kids.

Don't be afraid to take a chance and experience a new adventure if you feel that it's what you want to do.

Besides, it would be great to have you on our side of the "pond". Whatever you decide, we're here to support you.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:36 PM   #3  
Crazy Canuck

I say go for it Si! If you don't you might regret it later and become despondent thinking about all the "what ifs". You won't be alone since you'll have your parents and I'm sure you'll make friends in no time (my secret sources tell me that Americans go wild over English accents ).

If you have a clear idea of what you want to do (for example, become a personal trainer) then it doesn't matter where you do it as long as you follow your dream. It does sound like you need a change of scenery if your present surroundings feel like a "dump" - and Florida is anything but that!

I know it's a bit overwhelming to consider such a big change (my parents moved from England to Canada where they didn't know a soul), but if you sit down and weigh the pros and cons of such a move and the "pros" are ahead, then come on over!
Old 09-23-2003, 01:07 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

si, darlin. honey. do you have ANY idea how many women over here LOVE british accents???? and naples florida... great beaches. wonderful seafood. hot weather. you have so much going for you.

it sounds like something you should give some serious thought to.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:49 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi there!!

Advice about life changing events is hard. But I can tell you that change is good. My husband hates change. Because of this, i usually am the one pushing for new things. Afterward he is always very gald that we did this or that.

Good luck in your decision!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 02:17 PM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Life's a risk. It's a big jump & possibly even a culture shock. Good luck w/whatever you decide.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:45 PM   #7  
Searching

English accents are like candy for American birds ;-)

Miss Chris
Old 09-25-2003, 02:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

The best decision I made was to move last fall so I'm all for it. Whatever you decide will be the right thing for you. Good luck!

And, yes, that English accent is quite the turn-on for American women.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:34 PM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Simon - as a fellow Brit I say go! I do like being English but this country is going down the pan - I'm getting out and moving to Ireland. We work the longest hours with the least holiday of any country in Europe - we also have one of the highest cancer rates and teen pregnancies! And the weather isn't great is it?

I'd grab this opportunity with both hands - it may be a little scary but I think it will be worth taking the risk.

Good Luck!

Amanda xx

PS: I just looked at your link - you look great and have really achieved alot!

Last edited by Amanda Panda; 09-25-2003 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:41 PM   #10  
Searching

You know Sy I just checked out your link and you will have no problems with the birds. Come and see us!

Right now I am writing with a dear friend in Berkshire and I wish I was in the UK :-(

Miss Chris
Old 09-25-2003, 08:47 PM   #11  
beautiful

ooooh yeah!!! love the accent! it will be a great experience.
Closed Thread