South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 06:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - Tuesday, September 23

So aside from dieting, how is life treating you?

Toady Harry and I go to the doctor. I doubt that there will be any major revelations but it is another step on the way. Still no word on the CT scan. Today is alsp the day the fruit and veggies in my kitchen either end up in jars or in the compost heap!

Whoops! Dog hollering. I'll be back. Help yourself to the coffee.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:52 AM   #2  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Ruthie...you have any of that flavored creamer I like so much? Oh, and make mine decaf...gotta get to bed soon.

I'm hoping you get good news at the doctor's today, but it may take a while to show any real progress. Just like the rest of life, eh?

Things are good in my life these days. Getting ready for our cruise is starting to take up more time. Between school, work, soccer games, working out, etc., life is busy...busy but good.

I have a ton of sewing I want to get to, but never seem to get started. Once I start I am a non-stop sewing machine! Until the project is done, anyway.

The coffee is delish, by the way. What kind of beans do you use? I hate to drink and run, but I need to get some sleep. I would hate to drool on your kitchen table! I do hope you get some veggies put up today...I hate to see such beautiful produce go in the compost heap!

Have a wonderful and we'll chat again soon.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:59 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruthie, unless you've started grinding some half-decent beans, you may as well make me a green tea.
I'm sorry that Harry isn't much better, hon... so glad you're seeing the doctor today. You need some support.

I have the day to myself. And it's miserable outside... I may take my book and crawl back into bed for a bit.

Franny, get that sewing done, girl! Your cruise will be here before you know it!

Speaking of sewing... I've had the fabric laid out for a new top for weeks now, and I look at it every morning when I get up. I wonder if I should actually TOUCH it today.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:08 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Franny and Ellis, we have to get a sewing group going! My sewingroom is in chaos once again. I keep putting clean summer clothing in there and have just not got around to putting them away. I need to get out the fall stuff to get an empty container. Um...maybe I should buy a couple of new containers? I do go through this transitional crap twice a year!

Ellis, I totally agree on the coffee. I am worth it. What kind of coffeemaker do you use? I'll get a new grinder as soon as I get a chance to go to town. There is a restaurant supply place in Brockville.

The dogs are back sleeping, Harry is still sleeping so I had better go tackle those darn fruit flies in my ME time! I hope nobody notices the "pepper" in my pear chutney! JUST KIDDING!

Yesterday was such a busy day with drop-ins and tree cutters. I may sound ungrateful but I hope for a quiet day with no interruptions except our trip to the doctor.

Have a good one.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:26 AM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning ladies.
Ruth~Thanks for the coffee I hope that you and Harry get some promising news today. I know that it's been a dificult time for you and you are so right about the dogs~~they do know that you are in need of comfort.

Franny~I also have some sewing that I need to complete. Oh well, one day...

Ellis~There's nothing better on a dreary day that being curled up with a good book. Enjoy your "me time".

Constant hot flashes finally got me out of bed at 4am. I found some Black Cohosh (that I had sitting around) and figured that I might as well try it.

Today I'm going to strip wallpaper off of another wall in the dining room (2 down, 2 to go). No other major plans, just relaxing around the house.

Hope you all have a great day
Old 09-23-2003, 08:43 AM   #6  

Geez...I need to get busy and get this quilt pieced together...my sewing area is a mess too!!
Ruth...I am in the process of changing my summers and winters too. You can't have to many containers....I get mine at Walmart!
Hope Harry has a good report!! Let us know.
I will check in later...
Old 09-23-2003, 08:51 AM   #7  
Imagine...

Hi All

I'm struggling to get over the flu. Still waiting for my 400.00 the the atm didn't give me but deducted from my account. Lost my drivers license, fell and poured hot coffee on myself, having trouble with my homeowners insurance company which is holding up our refinance, etc, etc... so life has kinda been pooping on me

Ruth ~ Good vibes for the Doctors visit. Wishing you some peace & quiet.

Ellis~ Its rainy & lousy here too, enjoy your bed & book.

Sil~ Ewww wallpaper We did that already and it is not a fun job. They also say soy helps with the flashes.

Franny~enjoy your snooze
Old 09-23-2003, 08:52 AM   #8  
Imagine...

Hi Whimsey, don't know how I missed you. How ya doing?
Old 09-23-2003, 09:06 AM   #9  

Yes, Ruth! A sewing group!
Coffee maker? I DO have an espresso maker. I got it as a "reward" for having to have a "surprise" second child. I used to make myself lattes every day, but I'm too lazy to use it now. I just use a cheap Braun automatic drip thingy. Makes 2-10 cups. (don't get a four cupper, dear. When I come to visit I'll need at LEAST three coffees just for me)

Sil, what the heck is Black Cohosh?! Does it work for the flashes? I am fed up of waking up soaking wet!

Whimsey, I've got to get to work on another quilt, too. I've got an ugly duvet that I'm going to cover...

Sflake, you need a HUG, hon! You take care of yourself, sweetie.

Everyone has left the house. I'm so excited. I think I'm over the feeling of wanting to go back to bed... maybe I'll tackle the basement chaos. ick.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:24 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

When the basement is done, come up and tackle my barn! I am going to use this period of Harry's "incapacity" to ditch some of the junk in there. Hmmmm....not all junk. Some is junque. May'be I'll call the antique dealer. Last time he was here he left with a truckload and I had $300 in cash! I could BUY salsa and pear chutney.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Thanks for the coffee Although I am not a coffee drinker DH says I'm strange for not liking coffee, but oh well.

Work has been pretty slow lately. Soooo that makes the day drag. Other than that, everything is just peachy!

Hope everyone has a good one
Old 09-23-2003, 10:46 AM   #12  

Am waiting for DH to get home from the Doctor. He has what apprears to be a sabatious(sp?) cyst on his eyelid.

Slept for 10 hours last night which for me is something new. Usually it's only 6.

Zookeeper, my DD, is home from the hospital. She had her gall bladder removed.

I screamed at my DGD14 yesterday! I could have spanked her! She knew her parents were going to try to phone her from the hospital when she got home from school, but she chose to be on the phone for 50 minutes instead. They phoned me to keep trying and I finally got her. Boy I reamed that kid a new one.
So typical of that age...no brains in action. Am glad I didn't reproduce more!

I'ts cold and, like Ruth, I'm going to have to find cold weather clothing soon. Bah, hate to get them out and put warm weather clothes away!
Old 09-23-2003, 11:17 AM   #13  
Member Florida Chick

Ruth: Thanks for the coffee, but I take mine decaf. Hope your Dr.s trip will be a positive one. We'll all be thinking about you both. Pear chutney sounds wonderful, even if it has pepper specs:. I believe heat sterilizes everything and that would just be a bit of extra protein.

I don't ever have to put summer clothes away. My winter clothes only get worn in January and maybe part of Dec. The beauty of Fl.

Frannie: Where are you going cruising? We are going in January to the Western Carribiean. Looking forward to it.

Whimsey: What is your quilt pattern? I have a whole lot of 6" blocks I got in a quilt chain letter that I don't know what to do with. A sewing club would be good.

Sflake: Sorry life has been dealing you some bad cards. Things just have to improve..

Had my first board meeting of the season this a.m. I will be glad when it is no longer my job. Only 4 months to go. 4 years as Chairperson is long enough. The longer I'm in the job the more that others expect me to do. It is defininitely someone elses turn. We are planning an Octoberfest meal. First activity of the season.

Today is my birthday, and I have a challenge for dinner tonight. Have to plan carefully all day, so I have a little leeway tonight.

Ruthie: Next summer I'll meet you in Brockville. Lizzie
Old 09-23-2003, 11:34 AM   #14  

G'morn' y'all! A dark and dismal day here too, but reading this thread has brought some sunshine in! Thanks!

Ruth - Hope your DH has a good report and you get some good support there too! I understand a full recovery can take a long time! Know that you are both in my thoughts and prayers!

Also, how do you make all those yummy sounding chutneys, etc... (sans the additional "pepper" if that's alright)

Franny - I LOVE those flavored creamers... Are they out here on the Beach? Please pass the Hazelnut!!!
I love cruising too! If I stay on Phase I forever, maybe I could fit in your suitcase!!!?

I'm impressed that you ladies can sew and even have sewingROOMS! I don't even know how to thread a needle!! When socks get holes in the toes, we make puppets with a hot glue gun (I LOVE my hot glue gun! Is that really weird?) And, maybe you know about ironing too? When I went to college, my mom told me I might see that some people rub hot metal triangular things on their clothes...and that it's a cult and I should stay away from such people... beware of the iron! Isn't that why permanent press was invented? (BTW, I starched DH's undies once...now he is the one who uses that hot metal thingy)

Ellis - Can I climb in with my book too? I need a new mattress and my bed is too lumpy to enjoy properly! Whatcha readin'? I just got The DaVinci Code from the library, and am almost finished reading the South Beach Bible... finally. Not the most riveting work... I also need a duvet but everything is so expensive or too heavy! Maybe you guys should offer sewing lessons!!!?

Sil - When we took down our wallpaper, we found another layer of wallpaper under the 1st!!! ugh! what a mess! We rented a steamer and used vinegar...the house smelled like a salad! The next time we needed to remove paper we bought "Dif" it was much easier and less messy! I'll come over with a bottle of red wine, some Dif and help if you'd like! I'm prettty good at faux painting...hmmmmm

sflake - wow! what a bummer, but don't let it get you too down! I'm at the point of LIFE SUCKS in general, but it beats the alternative!!! Try to smile and have some chicken soup! I swear by the stuff! Of course the Cold Eze and medicine make it all easier to swear!!! Hee hee!

Tippy - My 9yr. old DS and my 6yr. old DD both try to act like teens! I am so afraid!!! Especially when the 6 yr old wants to know if she can pierce her belly-button!!!! She still plays dress-up with her teddybears! I am not ready for this -- much less real teens!!! Hope DH's eye heals quickly!

I hope I got everyone! It's fun to read all the personalized notes!! You all cheered me today! Thanks, I needed it more than you can imagine!!!
Hugs, and thanks again for the coffee!
Robin

Last edited by J&LMOM; 09-23-2003 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:15 PM   #15  

Oh, look! I'm going to start a new quilt. This one here: http://planetpatchwork.com/botm/galactic/default.htm
In different colours, of course.
It looks easy and modern. Like me.

Come on in, Robin. I've got about six books on the go right now. They're all over the house. I've got a cheesy mystery beside my bed, three books on writing on the verandah, Brideshead Revisited (Evelyn Waugh) in the living room, ...
I'm glad you're feeling cheerier, hon.

Happy Birthday, Lizzie!!
Have a wonderful day!!
(Ruth, have you got Lizzie's address? We're heading down there once the snow flies.)

Tippy, I hope your DD is feeling alright.

Hey, Motts!

Ruth, I'd be glad to throw out your antiques... I mean JUNK! for you!

I am feeling WONDERFUL! I just got my Martha Stewart magazine in the mail (can't believe those disgusting "spider egg sack decorations"), and I'm making dinner from one of the recipes. My DH will be so surprised.
And I actually LEFT the house (a biggie for me) to pick up tomatoes for the recipe. (and some pistachios) And I'm doing really well with my eating. And I've done a bunch of housework including some hammering... bizarre. Just last week I was sleeping all the time. Has someone been praying for me?
My only regret is not slipping the man in line behind me some cash. He was a street person, and smelled very bad. He was buying a bag of chips. Damn. I missed him when I left the store.
I'm full of good intentions. I should carry a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter and a knife around with me to hand out to people.
Closed Thread