Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 02:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Weigh in at home 9/22 - 9-28

Hi everyone.

I hope you all enjoyed your weekends. Judy, how did the christening go?

I had a pretty good weekend. I did really well at the christening party on Sunday. I skipped all the salads made with mayo and the chips and stuck to a ham sandwich, some melon , raw veggies and a bit of cheese. Of course, I also enjoyed some cake. Unfortunately, I did some unnecessary snacking that night and burned up some flex points. But I still have 5 flex points left, so I'm in good shape. On the other hand, my sneak peeks have been consistently showing me up a couple of oounds. I'm not sure where that's coming from. It could be some water retention, it could be my body trying to tempt me off the program by discouraging me. Not gonna happen, though. I do know, though, that I've been snacking on sweets (low point, but still sweets) too much this past week and haven't been eating enough fruits and veggies. So I'm going to try to curb those sweet cravings and keep my snacking limited to fruit for the most part. We'll see where that leads me. In the meantime, if the scale plays games with me, so be it. I'm past the "21 days to a new habit" stage and journaling and counting points is starting to feel ingrained in me. I am not giving up.

Have a great evening.

Carla
Old 09-22-2003, 08:09 PM   #2  

Carla - WOW! You really sound motivated and well - on top of it all. Good for you for not letting the sneak peeks side track you and congrats on doing so well at the christening!

I hada maintain this week - I'm a little disappointed but as I always say, a maintain is still a victory. I did OK at the christening - I skipped the penne a la vodka so I could have the veal parm. I did OK until the evening - Tony and I had a tiff - well, to be honest, I was in a horrible hormonal FUNK all day and well, I snacked past what I had in FP's (and I had about 1/2 left after the christening). My sneak peek this morning was horrible but I'm back on track. I did a cardio workout after work, and still have 2 points before I get to my target. I want to have as many FP's left by the end of the week as possible because Rosh Hashanah starts on Friday night - so that's dinner Fri and Sat night at my mom's. It should be a fun weekend though - my cousin from CT is coming down on Sat and she and her husband will stay over here after dinner at my mom's. She and her husband are sometime WW's so that should help.

I'd better get going - I have a lot of catching up on the computer and want to try to get to bed early so I can do a workout before work tomorrow (well, I'll try to get up early anyway!)

Have a great one,
Judy
163.5/152.8/135
and 184/240 workouts
Old 09-23-2003, 02:50 PM   #3  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All,

Looks like I'm a day behind already!

Carla - you sound so wonderfully motivated! (I've been wondering where mine has gone, but I think it's been passed over to you!) Good for you for doing so well!

Judy - you're right, a maintain is a victory. Sorry to hear about the hormone induced tiff - I get like that too. Good plan to conserve those FP's with all the festivities coming up!

I had a totally NOP weekend, and things haven't been better so far this week. I have to get back in the right head space this week. Off to a meeting, so I'd better be out of here!

Have a great day!
Old 09-23-2003, 05:40 PM   #4  

Hi all.

Judy - Congrats on the maintain. You're right - it is a victory. Sorry to hear abou the tiff and the snacking. But it sounds like you jumped right back on track. And there's plenty of time to recover from that sneak peek.

Karen - Ah, that head space is so important. You can get back there. Put your mind to it that you're going to do it and after a few days of fighting with yourself, it will get easier.

My sneak peek was better this morning. Still up, but by less than a pound. I managed to curb the snacking yesterday, for the most part, and ended the day 2 points below target. And still managed to have a lovely dinner of roast pork, sweet potatoes, green beans, salad and wine. So hopefully it will be ok news at the scale tomorrow. But at any rate, myj jeans are looser in the waist and I have to keep hitching them up, so I'll revel in that rather than a number on the scale. I remember that oh so many years ago when I was doing so well on program I took real satisfaction in loosening clothes, dropping sizes, etc., so I'll try to focus on that this time around. I honestly don't know why I've been able to wrap myself around staying on program this time. It was no "aha" moment, no awakening with steely determination. I just started doing it. Whatever it is that's keeping me going, I hope I can hold onto it for awhile.

Have a terrifc evening.

Carla
Old 09-24-2003, 02:13 PM   #5  

Just reporting in that despite the sneek peaks, I lost .06 pounds this week. It's not much, but I'm happy for any kind of a loss. This makes 4 weeks in a row and I'm definitely shooting for 5.

Carla
Old 09-24-2003, 05:06 PM   #6  

Carla - Congratulations on your 4th loss in a row! I KNOW you will get #5 'cause you are on a roll!!! That's great news that your clothes are feeling looser - isn't that a great feeling! Hey, who cares if you can't wrap yourself around why things are clicking for you - just keep doin' what you are doing! Way to go!

Karen - How did your meeting go? Did it help get your head back in the right place? It usually help me to do just that. Yup, those hormones are tough sometimes. Thankfully, Tony understands what is going on and most times, can ignore some of my more um, hormonal moments.

I've had a couple of pretty good days - pretty good because PMS is here and while I have dipped into my FP's a little, I still have something in high 20's left for the weekend holiday meals. I managed to get myself out of bed early this morning to do a 1/2 strength workout and just finished a yoga workout (I need the stretch mid-week for my feet!) so I have a couple of AP's to eat tonight if I need to.

I may not have a chance to get on tomorrow - of course, that's if I *have* class - the strike is still on!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 09-24-2003, 11:05 PM   #7  
Canadian, eh?

Hi...

Carla - congratulations on a great loss! That's really wonderful! We'll be cheering you on for 5 weeks in a row.

Judy - I did go to my meeting but decided not to weigh in. I was feeling a bit hormonal myself and decided I didn't need to deal with bad news. Hope the strike is over soon so you can get on with your course. We're three days into a new semester and I have yet to hear from my professor. This course should be easy, Effective Supervision. I'm waiting for my textbook to arrive from Amazon, and I've downloaded a bunch of articles from Ebsco. I've decided only to do one course at a time instead of two...it's going to take longer to be done, but I need to have a life outside of work and school too.

Had a good OP day today. There was a potluck lunch today, and a cake for someone who's leaving, but I did well and passed on the cake as it looked pretty gooey. Went for a 1 hour dog walk with my best friend and her hound after dinner, so I'll call it a successful day.

Have a great day.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:30 PM   #8  

Hi all.

Judy - First of all, Happy Rosh Hashana! I hope that the strike is over and your professor makes it to class tonight. How frustrating to get all in gear to return to school and then have to wait. Good job having so many flex points left in the face of PMS. I'm sure you'll do great with the holiday eating.

Karen - Great job passing on the cake at the potluck yesterday. Good idea not to weigh-in in the face of a hormonal mood. I think it's a good idea to limit yourself to one course. I remember when I was getting my M.A. that I took two classes one semester and it just about did me in. Balance is key.

Thanks for your encouragement! I've decided that the same cosmic bliss (no doubt caused by some alignment of the moon, stars and planets) that has the Cubs in first place in the last week of the season is also the cause of my ability to stay on program. I don't really have many challenges coming up. We're going to my mom's for dinner on Sunday, but that won't be a problem. Tuesday I'm meeting a friend for lunch and I'll probably need some flex points, so I'm trying to make them last. And I'd like to shake things up a bit by not using all my flex points this week. You gotta keep the bod guessing! So far so good for the first day of my WW week and everything is planned out for today. Now I have to counquer exercise. I need to make an appointment with the dr. as I'm past due for my pap smear and I need a blood pressure check, but I don't want to go there without being in exercise mode, so I'd better get my rear in gear.

Talk to you later.

Carla
Old 09-25-2003, 08:37 PM   #9  

Carla - Congratulations on your Cubbies! I'll be rooting for them - well, of course until the Series (that is if the Yankees make it through). It's great to hear that for whatever reason, you are in sync with the program. I *know* you can conquer the exercise thing - you've done it before. Yes, get your rear in gear as far as the pap smear and the BP check! Thanks for the New Year wishes.

This weekend will be a bit of a challenge - PMS + great Mom food + the High Holidays - always an emotional time for me anyway. I had a sweet & salty fest last night which left me 19 FP's left - plenty if I watch myself. I did a good cardio workout after work today to earn a few AP's. I didn't have class again tonight but I called the Ed office this afternoon and the professor is supposed to be coming back on Monday - I don't know what that will mean for the course - when it finishes, if he changes the syllabus, etc. but at least I know I will finally start my first 3 credits this semester.

If I don't get a chance to get on tomorrow (we're leaving for my Mom's right after I get home from work) have a great weekend!

Judy
Closed Thread