Weight Loss Support - Stay at home mom's # 87.

View Full Version : Stay at home mom's # 87.

ECmom
09-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Welcome to a thread full of laughter, encouragment and friendship as we raise families, regain health and lose weight together. All are welcome- newcomers and present friends.

ECmom
09-22-2003, 11:21 AM
Good morning!!!!!

First I am gonna copy Jen's recipe for apple crisp from the last thread.....sounded so good( and an awful lot like the WW recipe that I saw online last week). When I get a chance I'll calculate the points.Thanks Jen!
Ingredients:

enough apples, peeled, cored and sliced, to fill a baking dish
2 Tbs gran. sugar (or Splenda)
1tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup quick oats
1/4 cup flour
2 Tbs light butter or margarine

Directions:

Toss apples with gran. sugar (or Splenda), cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a large baking dish, sprayed with cooking spray.

Combine br. sugar, oats, flour, and butter or margarine in food processor and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. If you don't have a processor, put it all in a bowl and mix with your hands until you get coarse crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs over apples, and bake in 375 oven for 35-40 minutes, until apples are soft and bubbly, and topping is browned. Delish served warm or cold!

ECmom
09-22-2003, 11:33 AM
Jen- sounds like you had a nice weekend- the charity walk was for a good cause and also some quality time with Dd. Congrats on the lasagna too, portion control is half the battle and you have to live a bit too, right?! Hope you had the same great weather we had a few miles south.....Sunday was beautiful here.

Karen- hey there you loser!!!!!!:) WTG on 7 weeks OP and another pound of fat gone!!!!!! And you are feeling better too, right? Are your TOM woes over, at least for now? I sure hope so-and hope your busy day goes well.

As for me, TOM showed up yesterday, so today I am taking it a bit slow. I stayed in bed (until 5:45.......which is late for me!) and will just go for a 2 mile walk in a few minutes.I don' t feel bad- just well a bit drained. My eating finished up well yesterday, the first day that I really stayed in control in a few days. Between the stress here and PMS I was doomed. But thankfully, things are back on track again and tensions have for the most part subsided.
Oh- I will add the recipe for the green beans...... and then go for that walk. Have a great day!
Ginny

Oriental Green beans (makes 6 servings, 1 point per serving)
1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
1 teaspoon sugar
6 cloves garlic,minced
1. In a large pot of rapidy boiling water, cook the green beans until tender, 4-5 minutes.
2. While beans are cooking, combine soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl, and set aside.
3. Drain beans and set aside.
4.Spray a wok or 10" skillet with nostick cooking spray; place over medium high heat. Add garlic,cook stirring constantly until softened, 20-3- seconds. Add green beans, cook, stirring and turning constantly until well coated, about 2 minutes.
5. Add soy sauce mixture,continue to stir and turn until most of the liquid is absorbed, 1-2 minutes.

These are salty.......but so good! Enjoy

K2BMe
09-22-2003, 12:00 PM
I just went back and read SAHM's 86. It's been forever since I posted last. Sounds like you all are hanging in there and staying OP. I'm very glad to hear it :)

Well things here haven't been so good. I live in West Virginia sooo we've had plenty of rain and power outages and phones down. I believe I've had my share of rain for this year. It's raining now. I'd cry but I'm to tired to.
Stress has been at very high levels here too. I've pretty much kept my cool but Dh is showing a side of himself we don't ever see. His new schedule at the University and trying to keep things on the farm going has just caused alot of stress. I'm not sure how we are going to solve this yet. I got him to sit and make a list of tasks he needs to accomplish for each day and that seems to be helping. Everything else seems to be plugging along. I have an appt with the ob tomorrow. I feel pretty good. So, its noon here already and I need to get things going. I have alot of chores to catch up after the weekend.

gemini
09-22-2003, 04:53 PM
Michele, so sorry for your stress and worries. :( That is no fun. And, horrible weather, to boot! I am sending good thoughts, along with a hug, your way........

Karen, CONGRATS to you!!!! 7 weeks OP sounds like a lifetime to me!!!! You are so inspiring! And another pound gone... woooo hoooooo!!! :D

Ginny, sorry TOM's got you down. :( Hoping you are feeling better tomorrow. The green beans sound wonderful! I am going to make them this week. I think I will add some freshly chopped ginger root with the garlic. If you've never cooked with fresh ginger, it is wonderful! I first used it a couple of years ago and couldn't believe the difference it makes in a recipe! Also, I am partial to lite soy sauce, which has less sodium,but still great flavor. :) And yes, we did have lovely weather here Sunday, as well as Saturday. :)

I have had a great day. I took ds to the rink...... he spent 15 minutes on his skates! :lol: But, he had fun, and it is tough. I am not pushing him... he is still so little. He can only improve. But the best part is, after I took his skates off, he spent time fooling with a car racing arcade game and I got to do laps for 20 minutes! So, that was 2 work-outs for me today. I just love skating. I am not the greatest, but I can stay on my feet. And to me, gliding on the ice is almost like flying..... so invigorating! And, it was funny to be wearing sweatshirts and mittens in the rink, and then come out and run the AC full blast in the van! :lol:

Well, gotta run and get dinner started, along with some laundry. Gotta work tonight...... bye :)

gemini
09-22-2003, 05:00 PM
sorry... I forgot to mention one thing. I bought a new scale today, because my digital one was hopelessly displaying nothing but "E" for error. So, I just got a cheap dial scale. I weighed myself when I got it home, which was around 3pm. Not the best time of day to weigh, and I had clothes on, and it is a different scale. But, I really want Mondays to be my weigh-in day, so I will stick with this weight until next week. Anyway, it showed 175lbs, which would be a gain of 4lbs from my previous WI. It may or may not be accurate. I am not worried....... :)

spryng
09-22-2003, 06:47 PM
Good evening all!
This will have to be quick... I've been running all day..
Karen, congrats on another lb gone and 7 wks OP!! You are doing so great! I'm glad you found a weight loss plan that is right for you.. makes all the difference.
Ginny, I'm glad things are getting better around the house and I can't wait to try that oriental green beans and the apple dish sounds great too!
Misty, hope things dry up around there for you and things get easier with DH. Sometimes we take on so many tasks that it just runs us rampant and our families suffer. Do things slow down on the farm during the winter? If so then maybe he'll be getting back to normal soon.
Jen, I wouldn't worry about what that scale says. All scales read different so you probably didn't gain.. just a different reading.
I hope I didn't miss anyone.
My day has went well. Last night at MIL we had a great dinner I didn't over eat but I did have too much to drink. I didn't plan on drinking anything but then I decided to have one glass of wine and before I knew it people were keeping it filled up and I had too much. But it was a great time. Today though I've been really good. Even went to Mcdonalds and had a reg hamburger and a side salad (total 6 pts) and it filled me up. So I was proud of myself for that. :) Tonight though Dh took the two older kids back to grandma's for the evening and it's just me and Tanner. Nice and quiet. So I'm having a light dinner and catching up on my sex and the city marathon (I rented the DVDs) So it's a great night ahead here. Well, I need to get, tanner is waking up. TTYL!

ECmom
09-22-2003, 09:29 PM
Hi!
Michele- sounds like your plate is full there, hon!!!! What a great wife you are trying to help Dh get things in focus.....a task easier said than done. Making lists sure helps- even with the long term stuff, and what a sense of accomplishment when something can be crossed off!!!!! Fortunately, the slower time of year for a farm is coming......and I hope that helps. Sorry about the rain.....I'll keep you in prayer. Lean on us as much as you need to.

Jen- I hope work went well tonight. WTG on getting 2 workouts in !! Bet you feel great too.:) BTW- I am a big fan of lite soy sauce, it is all I buy.....guess I took that for granted with the recipe!! I'll have to try the ginger next time- it sounds like a nice variation to the recipe.

Spryng- sounds as though you are really enjoying having Dh home! Aw, don't worry about an extra point here or there......this has been a special weekend for you. Just get back on track when you can and try to control the dammage for now!!!:) Hope your night was as pleasant as you thought it would be!!

As for me, I am within points for the day.....got my 1 point walk in (better than nothing!) and am doing ok. Scary thing happened....Ds declared that he likes high school!!!!!!:o Not sure what that means......maybe there is a girl there he likes....or just maybe he has lots of buddies(I think that is it!)- 'cause- perish the thought that he likes what he is learning!!!!!:lol: .
Kids on the bus were monsters for the second day in a row.......wait till they see the new seating chart I came up with this evening:D . Gotta go unload the dw. Have a great nite!
Ginny

spryng
09-22-2003, 10:47 PM
Good evening all!
Well since DH has been gone all evening I took advantage of it and got my exercise in! I did 4 miles on my bike WHILE watching sex and the city! I feel good now. I just got out of a cool shower and am relaxing. I also stayed within my points for today, actually a little under. I may have a 3 pt snack before bed so I hit my target. Everything I keep reading tells me it's important to hit my target points everyday so I've been trying really hard not to under eat or over eat for that matter... so today was a success in all departments. I feel really good right now.
Ginny, glad you got your walk in! Even an extra points gained helps alot. A seating chart for a school bus huh? I guess either our bus drivers growing up didn't care or I was on good mannered buses because I have never heard of that!! But I do come from schools that still spank the kids, even highschoolers. But I hope the new seating helps calm your bus down.. I couldn't imagine all the noise you have to put up with! My two toddlers in the back seat of our car drives me up the wall sometimes! lol, you are a woman of great patience! Oh and I recieved your package today, great info in there! I'm actually going to sit down and read it all right after I get off here.
Well, I guess this is all she wrote for me tonight. I hope everyone is having a great evening and I'll chat with you all tomorrow. :) G'nite!

jelynn
09-23-2003, 12:18 AM
Good evening gals! Well, I had a great "first" WI- over 7 lbs gone! I know it's water and bloat and hopefully some fat too, but gone is gone!!! I feel really good and in control. Now to find time for exercise!! Ginny, how early do you normally get up?? I can't believe 5:45 is sleeping in for you! I have gotten up a couple times after my baby gets up and stayed up (between 5 and 6:30), but he seems to be sleeping past 7 these days, which is *great*- but I was using him as my alarm clock and now I'll have to use the real one- oh well.

I tried a new recipe tonight- Bean and Cheese Enchiladas- I'll post it in a separate post, but it was quite tasty and lowfat and I'll definitely do it again.

Ginny-that darn TOM! Good for you for still getting up and getting your walk in! SOunds like you run a tight ship--- er, I mean bus :) Thanks too for the recipe- I love green beans! I even have some blanched and frozen in my freezer from my garden! I can't wait to try them!

Spryng- I've been wanting to get those DVDs! Too bad I don't have a bike to exercise while watching them!! Sounds like your dinner was a fun time and I'll bet you are having so much fun having your DH home.

Michele- Hope things are getting back on track as far as power and phones all working...sounds like you are really trying to help your DH- what a good wife! How far along are you again in your pregnancy? hope you are feeling well.

Jen- how old is your son? I'm putting my 5 yo in lessons this fall and they also do several weeks of lessons during kindergarten where they take a bus to the rink. I'm afraid my DH traumatized him when he first put him on the ice...too much too fast. I'm actually thinking of signing up for lessons too- I can skate OK, but haven't done it much and would love to feel more confident. Plus- now I live in Canada and have 3 boys and a husband that skates...somehow I see skating in my future!! :lol: I also wouldn't worry about the # on your new scale...it's just a number right?? You have been doing great!

Karen- you are doing awesome!! 7 weeks and the weight is coming off!! You are an inspiration!!

Well, I feel like this is getting long...have a great night :wave:

jelynn
09-23-2003, 12:24 AM
Bean and Cheese Enchiladas

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 small onion, peeled chopped
1/2 cup chopped seeded green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, peeled minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 can (15-oz.) kidney beans, drained and mashed
1 can (14.5-oz.) diced tomatoes, drained, liquid reserved
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
8 corn tortillas
1 can (6-oz.) tomato paste
1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F.

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and sauté onion, green bell pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add mashed kidney beans, drained tomatoes, cottage cheese, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper and rosemary. Mix well until thoroughly heated, about 4 more minutes.

Divide mixture evenly between the tortillas and roll up; place seam side down in a baking dish.
Whisk tomato paste and reserved liquid from tomatoes together and pour evenly over the enchiladas. Top with cheese and bake for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Serve warm.

*notes
I used probably double the corn tortillas and just softened them in the microwave though know you can spray them w/Pam on both sides and flip in a hot pan.

I didn't use the rosemary- don't really like it

For the sauce instead the tomato paste and juice I just used a can of canned enchilada sauce.
I also served w/lettuce on top and lt. sour cream and spanish rice as a side.

Next time I think I will use black beans

KarenW
09-23-2003, 10:00 AM
Hi Everyone!

Ginny - yep all the TOM Pain is gone.. for now. I am going to see how it goes next month, and if I have any pain, I will let him know right away!!

Emily - WTG on the loss! That is so great! What plan are you on?

Spryng - Good job on your day! having hubby in the house always gets in the way of my exercise! But He has learned that I do go to the gym everyday!

as for me, wish me luck. Today is my first Daisy meeting! My co-leader and I have LOTS of fun activities for the girls but you know how it is with the first meeting! You always worry!

If I missed someone I appologize! I have to run!

See ya all later!

ECmom
09-23-2003, 12:02 PM
Good morning!
Just a quick hello for now....I overslept this am (and have a crummy headache now) so no walk yet- and it is raining out there so who knows how successful I will be. Bad morning on the bus too- it is a long story.......won't bore you with it but I guess there is one little kid who has watched too many action movies with murder in them or a nutso parent.... (I think it is the later). As for the seating chart...well we are not allowed to touch a student...some drivers will not even tie a shoe for a student (for fear of a lawsuit). And I have to run a tight ship......they are good kids but very loud. And my bus is at capacity. The only way they calm down when they realize that they cannot sit with their buddies and get too noisy. Hopefully I will get back here later.
Sorry I can't get personal right now. Have a great day!
Ginny

gemini
09-23-2003, 01:01 PM
good afternoon girls.....

It is like a monsoon here!!! Last week's hurricane was nothing compared to the wind and rain today! Did you send this junk up to us, Ginny? :lol:

Ginny, sorry you had a bad morning. Hope your headache is gone and you get a walk in.

Spryng, congrats on your exercise and good eating!

Emily, congrats on the loss! And thanks for posting the recipe.

Karen, good luck at your first Daisy meeting... you will do fine.

Sorry to keep this short gang. I am exhausted, even after a short rest on the couch this morn. Not much to report......... no exercise yet today, but no food, either. I am getting ready to have a small something, though. And I will have a good dinner tonight. And maybe even my 1 mile WATP. But, not gonna push it since I had the estra workout yesterday, and I am actually a bit sore fromall that skating.

Well, better run... my screen is flickering and I'm afraid I may lose power and don't wanna lose my post! bye :)

spryng
09-23-2003, 02:59 PM
Good morning all!
Ginny, I hope the day gets better for you. I'm sending all my sunshine I am getting today to you and Jen. Seems like you need it.
Jen, I hope you don't lose your power! And I also hope you get your exercise and good eating in today. Of course if you are sore from yesterday you may want to just to stretches or a light workout today so your muscles can heal.
My day is going great. It's 75 degrees outside with a light breeze...beautiful! DH is out mowing the lawn. I just got the kitchen all cleaned up and now I'm taking a break. The kids are all napping so it's nice and quiet in here. (sigh) what a gorgeous day. What does everyone have planned for dinner tonight? I'm making tacos (ground beef for family and ground turkey for me) I have some whole wheat tortillas that I will use. Can't wait! :) And I am about to post that recipe for the chicken enchiladas after I am done with this post. I think anyone who loves chicken and sour cream will LOVE this recipe. Dh's family couldn't even tell that it was low fat when I made some over there the other day. It was all gone really fast. But I did get alot of comments on cooking. I prepared it all at MIL house and I think you remember me telling you how unhealthy they eat... well as they were watching me mince fresh garlic, and cilantro, and such they were in awe. It made me feel good. I felt like a chef! But a healthy cook chef. lol.
Well anyway, I'm right on track today. I had oatmeal for breakfast, and two pitas with smoked turkey breast, lettuce, tomato and FF miracle whip with a bowl of healthy choice soup (yum) for lunch, a total of 7 pts for lunch and 3 for breakfast, so I have plenty for dinner tonight and a snack. Well, I have more housework to do. I'm babysitting a 4 yo girl for the next 3 days (a favor to my cousin) so I'm trying to get my house in order before she comes tomorrow morning. I'll have her from 8 am to 4:30 pm everyday till friday. Well, it will give my kids someone to play with so I'm fine with it.
Gotta go! TTYL!

spryng
09-23-2003, 03:16 PM
CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

1 3/4 C fat free sour cream
1/2 C chopped green onions
1/3 C minced fresh cilantro ( I didn't have fresh so I used 2 T of dried)
1 T minced fresh jalapeno pepper
1 ts ground cumin
1 T veg. oil
12 ounces bonless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3x1 in strips
1 ts minced garlic
8 flour tortillas (8 in) I used wheat.
1 C shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese (I used fat free)
1 C chunky salsa
1 small ripe tomato, chopped
sprigs of cilantro (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350*. Spray a 13x9x3 in baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, green onions, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, and cumin.
3. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, pour in the oil and heat over med-high heat. Add the chicken and garlic and saute for 4 min or until the juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
4. Divide the chicken strips among the 8 tortillas, placing them down the center of the tortillas. Top with sour cream mixture, then roll them up and place them seam side down, in the baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with cheese, cover with foil and bake for 30 min or until bubbly. Spoon salsa in a strip down the center and sprinkle with the tomato. Garnish with the sprigs of cilantro if you wish. Serve hot. Makes 8 servings.

Nutritional info: (1 enchilada)
Calories: 247, Total Fat: 6 g WW pts: 6

ENJOY!:chef:

mel17
09-23-2003, 03:24 PM
Hi ladies,

I'm still hanging around, just keeping up with everyone even though I haven't had time to post.

Ginny, you really are superwoman, and I know you'll get those little rugrats under control before you know it! I'n the mean time, take care and I hope your headache is gone and things are better this evening!

Emily~Congratulations on the great loss! Keep it up and you'll meet your goal in no time!

Karen, I'm glad TOM is gone for you, and I hope the next one is better! I think you're doing great getting to the gym, take care!

Spryng, WTG on getting in some exercise and eating right while Dh is home! Sounds like he's really trying to support you by cooking healthy meals that you can share with them. Keep up the great job! BTW, did the formula get there alright?

Jen, sorry to hear about your bad weather, I hope it passes quickly, and all is well! Get some rest! Take care!

As for me, I'm feeling better, and Myra is even doing better with her cold! Oh~ I re-joined WW on Saturday, so now I need y'all to send me some will power to keep me going! It's going to take a little getting used to the Flex plan, but I think it'll be great once I get back in the swing of things! Well, I can't stay, Ds has a football game tonight and I have to get myself and Myra ready and get a bite to eat befor we go!

Have a good evening!

spryng
09-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Welcome back to WW mel! You know that Ginny and I will support you 100% as will the other ladies here. Good to hear that little Myra is feeling better.
I just hopped on here to look for a couple of recipes. But as I was surfing the WW community site I came accross a post about the Wendi plan. Ginny have you heard of this? Here's the site they referred me to http://losing2gether0.tripod.com/losingtogether/id45.html It about varying your points each day so you don't hit a plateau or you can break a stall if you are in one. It was interesting to read about. I think I will try it someday if I stall.
Oh and I borrowed my MIL digital scale today, so I am re-doing my signature. It is as accurate as they get. Says I'm the same weight as the doctor office did the other day so I am going to start going by that weight. I'll adjust my stats so it is more accurate. But it says I'm 162.5 lbs, much better than 167 huh? lol. Now I am looking forward to saturday's WI so I can see even a .2 lb loss.
Well gotta go!

spryng
09-23-2003, 04:15 PM
Oh, Mel, sorry I didn't answer your question.. yes I did recieve that formula! :) I got it last thursday (the day DH came home) so forgive me if it slipped my mind since then, lol. But boy has it came in handy! Thanks so much again. OK, gotta go! :)

K2BMe
09-23-2003, 06:20 PM
Thanks so much or all the good cheer and heart warming thoughts girls. It means alot right now. Things are going along here alot better. Hoss is sticking to his lists and not getting aggravated with me when I coach him to keep him focused.
My visit at the dr went really well. I'm measuring 32 weeks and I'm not quite 31. Thats good news to me tho. Gotta love the feeling of having a big healthy baby. All my other tests came back ok. So all in all its been a nice day. Oh and the weather finally let up and the sun shone all day. All of our power and phone has been restored also. So thanks again for keeping me in your thoughts. I really appreciate it.

Well I'm sorry for not being personal. Dd just came down and has an awful blister. So i better go tend to her. Hope you all are having an OP day!

need2losemore
09-23-2003, 09:19 PM
Hi all,
Just a quick note. All the recipies look yummy. I have had a hard time trying to exercise the past few days. Both ds's are sick. Really bad colds and all. Its going around here. The cold season has begun with a vengence. Hope everyone has a good week.
Ricci

spryng
09-23-2003, 11:08 PM
Good evening all!
Ricci, sorry to hear about your ds's being sick. My kids had it a few weeks ago and it wasn't fun. Hopefully they will get well soon. How old are they? There is a product called Zicam that is proven to shorten the cold and it's symptoms. Anyone 2 and older can use it. I have a big box and use it whenever anyone gets sick so that I don't catch it also and I give it to my toddlers... seems to help. But I hope things get better there soon.
Misty, glad to hear your appointment went well. I measured big too but only had a 7 pounder so you never know... you may just have alot of fluid :) I did apparently. Because everyone though Tanner was going to be over 9 lbs. Suprise! But it was a good suprise, lol.
Well DH is leaving in the morning so I need to get off here and spend alittle time with him. But I did great OP today, I'm 2 points shy of my target but that is ok. I am not hungry.
Ok, gotta get. TTYL!

ECmom
09-24-2003, 06:15 AM
Just enough time for a short good morning!!!!Sorry, no time to get personal. I had to come online to email Ds's paper into Dh at work.......Ds busted the printer last nite so I am emailing it into Dh at work who can hopefully send it up to Ds's school. Ah, life with kids!!!!

Got a walk in last night and this morning (it hurt getting up at 5 but the walk was so nice!) WW meeting today and then a mess of errands, so I will not be back until tonite. Have a great day!
Ginny

spryng
09-24-2003, 09:22 AM
Good morning all!
I'm just on here for a sec myself. The little girl I'm suppose to watch should be here any minute.
Ginny glad you got that walk in. I know sometimes when you miss a day or two of exercise it's hard to start again. But you will be just fine.
Well DH left at 5 am this morning. I barely remember it... I was so tired. He's on his way to colorado. So now it will be about 4 weeks before I see him again but I actually feel fine about it. I'm going to miss him again but now I know I can handle things here just fine. :)
Also now that he is gone my exericse routine will start up again and I'll do even better on my eating. I have no idea what I have planned to eat today but I am sure it will be within points.
Ok, well I hope everyone is having a great OP morning and I can't wait to chat with you all later today!
Oh, Ginny are you doing your WW meeting and WI today? Can't wait to hear all about it!
TTYL!

gemini
09-24-2003, 10:16 AM
Good morning. :)

Ginny, good luck at your WI today.... can't wait to hear about it!!!

Spryng, the enchiladas sound delish! Don't worry... the next 4 weeks will fly.... and then it will almost be Halloween!!!:devil:

Mel, glad Myra is better. Congrats for starting back up with WW!

Michele, glad you are having better weather, and dh is managing ok. MAkes things easier for you. :)

Ricci, sorry your boys are sick. You will get your exercise in when they are feeling better, don't worry.

I had a good day yesterday. I finally ate a nice salad late afternoon, and even got a 1 mile WATP tape in between dropping dd at dance class and getting ds to street hockey. A healthy dinner rounded out the evening. :)

Doing well this morning, too. Did my 2 mile WATP tape, and just finished up a light breakfast. Ds has a dentist appointment at noon, so I will be picking him up from school. Then we will either head to the rink to skate, if he gets done early enough, or head to the playground.... it is gorgeous today. I also have some house-cleaning to do :p and need to bake cookies for tomorrow's open house at the kids' school.... part of my PTO duties.

Confession time......... I have not had a real physical in years, since I had ds, who is turning 3. I used to work in the ER, and it was way to convenient to have one of the docs just write a script whenever I got sick.... who needed a primary doc? But, Monday night, when I went to work (now in a CCU), I found we had a 31 year old woman (same age as me) with metastatic breast cancer. She was placed on a ventilator Monday morning, and will probably die any day, if she hasn't already. It really got me thinking. I am so busy taking care of everyone else, but what good will it do if I let something happen to myself? So, yesterday I opened up the phone book, made some calls, and now I have an appointment for a physical with a new doc on Oct. 6th. Coincidentally, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.

k, gotta run.. lots to do... have a good day, everyone! :wave:

KarenW
09-24-2003, 01:35 PM
Good Morning!

I just thought I would pop in and say Hi! I just got back from the Gym!

Jen - Good for you going to the doctor! I get my yearly Gyn but I am bad about the physical. I usually go for that every 2 -3 years. You reminded me that I need to get on scheduled too.

Mel - Good for you getting back to WW! I know you will do awesome! You did so well pre-pregnancy that I know you will be an inspiration again! :)

Ricci - you take care of those kids! I am just waiting now for it to hit our household!

Spryng - I wouldnt remember my hubby leaving at 5am either! :) I know you will do fine! And you always have us to lean on if you get lonely! :)

Ginny - good for you getting that walk in!

I am really tired today! That daisy meeting wore me out! But the girls had a good time and all told me they cant wait until next month!(well only 2 weeks away!)

I am doing well this week though! 3 days for 3 days of exercise! And the scale this morning says another pound down.. :)

I am anxiously awaiting monday to take my measurements. I am really wondering how I am doing that way as I am REALLY tired of hiking up my jeans all the time! :)

Talk to you all later!! :)

gemini
09-24-2003, 09:51 PM
Phew, where is everybody??? I am just posting to bump us up the page, since we were way down the bottom and about to be pushed to page 2!!!!!:o

oh, and Karen......... for goodness sakes, buy some new jeans, girl!!!!! woooooo hooooo!!!:D

I'm off to work.... sleep well, all....... :)

ECmom
09-24-2003, 10:17 PM
Well, I finally got back here.......what a long day!! I used to do this in two days, but my WW buddy dropped out so I went to the meeting myself and then to Walmart for the weekly pilgrimage there.....so I had a half an hour break to unload the car and get back to work.:(

Michele- glad that things are looking up for you a bit these days and the weather broke. Wow- a big baby, huh? Or just measuring big? I know sometimes those due dates are off- I know that Dd (7) was off and I knew she would be a week late......but actually on time (I ovulated late in my cycle so she was a late conception.....a long story). Glad that your power and phone are back. Pretty rotten to be out of touch like that. Hang in there- we are all pulling for you!

Ricci- so sorry that a nasty cold has infested your house!!!!! Big hugs to you, Mom, for holding it all together for your sick family. How tough it can be sometimes!!!!! (time to break out the echinecia tea??) Hope everyone feels better and that you do not get sick also.

Jen- well, I could beat you up for not going for a physical in years......but I am so glad that you have made a check up appointment. Yes, Oct is breast cancer month....and it always throws me for a loop. I have had an abnormal "baseline" mammogram and I still shudder to think of how I was treated...they told me it was abnormal-and just to wait it out for 6 months! (I could bore you with the details). Of course, I was convinced that for those 6 months, cancer would be running amuck thru me.....fortunately it was nothing....but I have changed where I get my mammogram from!!! (a dedicated breast imaging center in a large hospital an hour+ away). Take care of yourself- for you, for your family and for all who love you (that includes us, hon!)

Karen- sorry that you are so tired!!!!!! But- WTG on working out 3 for 3!!!!!:) And for losing another pound!!!! That is just great. Gotta love those jeans getting too big.......when you gonna throw in the towel and buy the next size down??? (I am getting there myself! hehehe)

Spryng- what a difference in you from saying good bye to Dh this time from the last!!!!! I am so glad that you got a chance to see him- did he notice the weight loss?? And you sound much stronger and able to cope this time.....guess it has to do with counting all those points!!!!!:lol: (ain't I a creep?;) ) Thanks for the enchilada recipe....sounds good. On to your varying the points topic. Laura actually brought up that this morning. She has many meetings that she does, so there is a wealth of experience that she speaks from. She did advise varying points from day to day.......as will naturally occur with a varied diet. She was also convinced that despite how the new WW stuff reads (and they mention to boost your weight loss not to use too many of the flex points) that it is important to use the flex points. You do not have to use all of them.......but it is wrong to stick at the 20 points a day and not use the flex ones. Also- be sure to eat some fat.......your body needs that and it will help weight loss (as long as you eat balanced and stay within points range).

Melissa- congrats on rejoining WW!!!!!!!!!!! :D Please do not get confused with the flex points......they just reduced the total amount of points per day to the minimum- took away the banked point system and renamed banked points (and those points that made up the balance to the upper range) as flex points. It is still the same system. How do you like the new journal???? (as for me, the lines are too close together.......I kind of liked the old one better. But I do like how you can subtract from your daily total after each meal.......) You will do fine- you did so well before Myra on it!! How did Ds's football game go??? And is Myra's cold gone?

I have done a lot of blabbering........so I be brief for now. I am down 1.6 # (made up for what I gained from last weeks water weight and lost more) and am down a total of 31# on the nose.
That darned 150 barrier still eludes me.........just 0.4 to go!!! A good meeting.........Laura went into how to start planning for the upcoming disaster holidays.......Halloween candy....Thanksgiving...Christmas.....and she basically told us to set our goals and plan, plan, plan to get thru it- expecting that there will be tough days and some days that are really off plan.
I did not know that as long as a WW member pays for one meeting a week- you can go to as many after that "free" for the advice. Sounds good to me.......to keep me inspired thru the holidays!!! Gotta go- have a great nite and see ya tomorrow.
Ginny

spryng
09-24-2003, 11:12 PM
Good evening all!
A very long day has finally ended!!! But I'll talk more about that later... first let me get personal:

Jen, sounds like you have been doing excellent in the exercise department and your meals sound great too. WTG!! And about that physical... because of being pregnant recently I had my breast and "other" exam and all is well but I am like you on proscrastinating. Which I really shouldn't because my biological mother had breast cancer many years ago when she was in her late 20's. So I need to check myself more often but I don't. I know... it's very bad. But I do want to kick myself in the rear and start monthly exams. But us women no matter how young or old always have to remember to take our health seriously, don't we? Boy I feel old sometimes. :) But I hope you get your physical and all is well.

Karen I am so jealous!!! lol, ok just kidding. I am so proud of you! Congrats on another lb gone, for loose jeans, and for all your hard work. By the way... how do you like working out at the gym? What exercises do you do? I wish there was one nearby I could join. O-well, I'll just stick to my workout videos and bike. I do plan on buying The Firm though. As soon as I can afford it. Which I hope is within the next couple of months.

Ginny, yes the goodbye this time with DH was much different. I didn't get upset and cry like last time. Not that there is anything wrong with crying every time, lol. I just knew it was coming and prepared myself. Plus having done it on my own for 2 1/2 weeks already I knew what was in store for me. It wasn't so bad the first time and it won't be this time either. As far as him noticing the weight loss... well I only lost two lbs since he left so he didn't notice it on my physically (I'm hoping that I lose some inches and more noticeable lbs this time around before he comes home.) but he did notice how confident I was becoming and all the extra energy I had. (especially in the bedroom! sorry, TMI!!) so he really appreciates WW! lol. That's good to know that your WW leader thinks varying your points is a good idea. Like yesterday I was full at 20 pts and just didn't want anything else so I didn't eat anymore, but today I ended the day at 21 pts and am satisfied. And I do try to not go drastic on low fat. I know our bodies need a certain amount of fat to function properly. So I am aware of that :) And I agree with what she said about using the flexpoints. I think we all should use SOME of them. Some people are having great success eating every last one of them along with their earned activity points. Well I don't use my activity points but I do eat most of my flexpoints. I probably won't eat as many now since DH is gone but I'll indulge every now and then. Of course I'm out for the week, having used them all this last weekend. But I'm fine with that. Saturday they roll over again and I can take the kids out for dinner or something and have a little treat if I like. I love knowing that. CONGRATS on losing another lb! Next week you'll hit 150 for sure! Do your target points change then? By how much?

Boy this post is getting long... sorry.

My day has been long. I babysat a 4 year old girl (my cousins neice) and even though she was good I still feel worn out from 4 kids. Just two more days of watching her, I can do it I can do it. lol. But I ended the day at 21 pts, got in my weight training/aerobics video, (feel very good about that). I didn't get enough water today but will try to work on that tomorrow. So basically another good OP day. I'm looking forward to WI on saturday now that I have a digital scale.
Ok, I have blabbered enough tonight. You all must be thinking I'm a talkaholic. )after talking to a 4,3,2 and 3 month old today I really needed this adult conversation, even if it was just in letters, lol. Oh yeah, Tanner is 3 months old today. AGH! Where did the time go?? lol.
Ok ok, I really am shutting up now. I hope everyone has a great night and I'll chat with you all tomorrow! :) G'nite!

Freckles
09-25-2003, 12:23 AM
Hi Everyone!

No, to some of you posting here, I'm not a newbie here at this thread! I've just been MIA for a long.........time!! :eek: I've been so, so busy. I thought things would slow down once school started, but it seems to get busier & busier. I think of you all often & hopefully sometime soon, I'll be able to post on a regular basis. I've been playing the losing/gaining battle lately. I'm hoping once the stress eases up, the weightloss will get easier. Well, I have to scoot. TTFN!

spryng
09-25-2003, 09:35 AM
Jackie!!! Boy was I glad to see your name here!!! I miss you so much! I hope your life settles down soon so we can see you more often!! Please keep in touch, ok?

KarenW
09-25-2003, 10:21 AM
Good Morning!

Jen and Ginny - I do want to get some new jeans! I do!! :) But I at the rate I am going I dont want to have to buy new pairs too often! I am going to wait until I hit the 20 pound mark (only 7 pounds away) and then I will get some jeans. In the mean time, I am using a belt! LOL! I also dug out a pair of jeans yesterday that I couldnt wear because they were too tight (And I forgot about!) and they fit! THey are really loose in the thigh but that is ok! THey fit GREAT in the waist and hips! Woo HOO!! :)

Spryng - Thanks for the kind words! I am proud of you too for sticking with WW! (And everyone else too!) I love going to the gym! I have a personal trainer who measures weighs me and measures me monthly and posts my stats on the "wall of sucess" now (I was measured a month ago and I get re-measured on next wed so we will see how I am doing according to them!)

I cant afford the personal training so I use the knowledge from times past as well as "Shape" and "Fitness" MAgazines. I mainly use the Eliptical and Treadmill for cardio (Some times I use the Recumbant Bike) and then I trade of days and to Lower body weights one day and the next is Upper body. I always do Abs on the Mat and on a few of the machines! I got really lucky with this gym. THey are brand spanking new and I got in at a rate of $13 a month!! It is soo cool!

JAckie - I am so glad to see your name!! hurry up and come back to us!!

Ginny - Great job on your loss this week! WOO HOO!!!

Ok, gotta run and get ready for school and the gym! I'll check back later! :)

ECmom
09-25-2003, 11:17 AM
A quick good morning!!!

Spryng- glad that the visit with Dh went so well.....and that he liked the new you on WW!

Hey, Karen- congrats on fitting into those new old jeans!!! I have a pair in that category myself that are waiting for me to lose another 10 # before I can get myself in them. You are doing so well and are an inspiration to all of us!

Jackie- golly we miss you!!!!!!! Sorry that life has been so busy for you, as if this last spring was not busy enough!!! Hang in there- we are always here for you and you will never be a newbie to us!

Jen- you getting any rest there, girl? Take care of yourself, ok??

Got my 45 minute walk in this am.......and have a million things to take care of this morning, but it is still less intense than yesterday was!!!! Doubt I will get back on later as Dd's open house is tonight. Have a great day!
Ginny

gemini
09-25-2003, 01:54 PM
Good afternoon. :)

Just a quick post. Ds is sleeping, and I wish I were, too, but I had to drag my butt off the couch to throw together a batch of cookies for open house tonight (us, too, Ginny!). Then I was feeling a bit shakey, which I know is due to low-blood sugar since I haven't eaten since about 4am. So, I am sitting here with a nice bowl of fresh butternut squash soup and an iced green tea. I will hit the shower in a few minutes.

Jackie, I will echo the others' sentiments on how good it is to "see" you! Sorry you couldn't stay longer. You are thought of often here. :)

Karen, how cool about those jeans! I love when old clothes become like new again. :)

Spryng, I'm with you on the self breast checks. I find them hard to do, because my breasts are so dense and fibrous anyway. I have already been sent to a surgeon to have "lumps" checked in years past, but it is always just normal fibrous tissue for me. I never know if what I'm feeling is a "lump" or not, and it frustrates me. Honestly, dh knows them better than I do :o and whenever I think I feel something, I just ask him and he will feel and usually says "nope, that's always been there." When I go to the doc next month, though, I am going to ask if I am a candidate to start mammograms. I am 31, and one of my doc friends told me that most insurance companies will cover you at 30 if you are considered "high risk". The fact that I am so fibrous, coupled with my father dying of cancer at age 42 and his father dying at 51 (of colon cancer, which now has hereditary links to BC) could just qualify me as high risk.

Ginny, woooo hooooo to you on the loss!!!! You are getting so close to your goal! I am so happy for you!!! And, I'm sure you could deduct at least .4lb for yourclothes, which brings you to your 150lb mark! But, I undersatand you wanting to wait til it's "official" before you celebrate. Thanks for thinking of me..... I am hanging in there... have a busy afternoon/evening, on very little rest. This is my tough week, because I work the weekend. Doing every-other night all week is a killer, but it's the only way I can do it. As much as I'm enjoying my last year of having my little guy home with me full-time, I do long for next year, when he will go to preschool and I will have those two days to come home and snooze a bit without having to worry about him. :)

Well, I made this much longer than I expected. I am going to quit now so I can shower while the little guy is still napping. Hope everyone else is well.... talk soon......... :)

gemini
09-25-2003, 04:02 PM
Hey, it's me again.... back with a little more energy after my lunch and a stint in the kitchen with some cookie dough.......... and, apparantly, talking to myself! :lol: Anyway, I thought you guys might like the cookie recipe I just tried out........ it's a great one for the kids, with a Halloween theme, and light enough that the Moms can sneak in a few. I have calorie and fat counts, but no points, sorry. This comes from this month's Cooking Light magazine........

Chocolate Spiderweb Cookies

Ingredients:
1c flour
1/3c unsweetened cocoa
1/2t baking powder
1/8t salt
1/3c vegetable shortening
2/3c gran. sugar
1t vanilla extract
1 large egg white
Cooking spray
2 cups powdered sugar
3T reduced fat milk

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt with a wisk in a medium bowl. Set aside. Place shortening in a large mixing bowl, beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar and beat until well-blended. Add vanilla and egg white, beat well. Add flour mixture and beat until well-blended.

3. Turn dough out onto wax paper and shape into 6-inch log. Wrap log in wax paper or plastic wrap and freeze 2 hours, or until very firm.

4. Cut log into 24 1/4 inch slices and place slices 1inch apart on baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until set/ Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.

5. Combine powdered sugar and milk in a medium bowl and stir with wisk until smooth. Spoon into small zip top bag and cut tiny hole in bottom corner. Working with one cookie at a time, pipe 3 concentric circles onto each cookie. Starting at center circle, pull a wooden toothpick through other circles at regular intervals to create a web.

Yield: 2 dozen cookies serving size=1 cookie

Calories: 102 Fat: 2.9g protein: 1g carb:19g fiber: 1g chol:0mg

gemini
09-26-2003, 08:50 AM
Jeepers, where is everyone?!?!?! Hopefully, you are all just busy and well! And I am here, STILL talking to myself! Oh well, just like home, no one listens to me there, either! :lol:

Forgive me, but I am feeling a bit "witchy" this morn... PMS has hit with a vengeance! DH got it double-barrel this morn when he reminded me of an appt. that I had forgotten about for tonight... of course, he didn't put it on THE calendar, either.. that makes me crazy!

The weather is rotten here again. I was going to take ds to the Aquarium, but I am not about to have us be drowned on the streets of Boston as we walk from the T to the Aquarium! So, looks like the mall and Chuck E Cheese instead. I gotta get this place picked up a bit first, though....... it is abominable and I am working all weekend, so you can imagine what it will be like by Sunday!

I think I'm going to try my 3 mile WATP tape today..... I feel like I need an extra long workout to get rid of some of this frustration. I stepped on the scale this morn, and it does not seem to be moving. But, I know I am seeing definition in my legs from my workouts. And, I bumped into a friend at the school's open house last night, and she remarked on how great I looked..... I hadn't seen her for a couple of weeks. That made me feel good! :D

All right, I will stop the babbling. Sorry.... I am just in a mood today.. this too shall pass. I hope everyone is well. talk later.........

gemini
09-26-2003, 11:29 AM
Here I am again, drowning in my own banter! :lol: You guys will die when you get here and see how I've been talking to myself. I think I need to remove my location, before 3FC sends the men in white coats!

Just gotta say.... I did my 3 mile WATP tape and it kicked my butt!!!! But, it was great! I kept up and did the entire thing, and I only felt like dying a little! :lol: I feel much better now, even mentally. I had a little "brunch" and I still feel a bit hungry, but I'm going to hit the shower and then have an apple with a bit of pumpkin butter on the side before ds and I head to the mall. That should keep me away from the bad mall goodies.:devil:

k, hope you guys are well........ please tell me you didn't go and make up another thread with a new name to get rid of me!!! :lol:

ECmom
09-26-2003, 11:39 AM
Good morning!!!!
Jen- you are not alone!! I've had days like that, a chatting with myself. But is it therpeutic......and thanks for keeping the thread going!!!! The cookie recipe sounds good, I will have to figure out the points for it and give it a try. WTG with the friend commenting on how good you look- that had to lift your spirits a bit, right? Which 3 mile Leslie tape do you have- is it the one with the weights? (just wondering if we have the same tape:) ).
Keep up the good work!!!! And hopefully the tape will burn off some of that miserable PMS stress. Big hugs to you. Sorry too that you have to work all weekend.......yes, I can imagine what your house will look like by Monday- mine is already there!!!!!!! (as in a total mess). Remember- housework is patient and will always wait for you. And we are always here with a big smile and a hug too!

As for me- last nite was open house for Dd (7). What a great nite. Dh does not always go with me- but he did last nite. The 2nd grade teacher also had Ds for 2nd grade ( I LOVE this woman!) and she spent a while chatting with Dh and I about her memories of Ds......from 7 years ago. Nice for us and her.
Then we got home to Ds calling us from downstairs.......that Dd (17) got hurt at her soccer game so it was off to the ER for us. Thankfully it is just a soft tissue injury to her foot- which is plenty painful and swollen. Tonite is open house for Dd and Ds at high school. So one more busy day on tap. No walk for me today.....just too much on the plate and I have to sleep sometime!!!!:lol: Gotta go for now, though......have a great day!
Ginny

spryng
09-26-2003, 11:39 AM
Good afternoon all!
Oh Jen! You crack me up, so does PMS make you witchy or witty? because I only see wit, lol. :) Great for you to try to get rid of frustration by working out! Did it help? Have fun at the mall today and chuck e cheese. Does that one have a bal pit?? I read something horrible about those ball pits once and now refuse to let my kids play in them... if they do have one ask a manager or someone how often it gets cleaned out and when the last time it was cleaned. Just my opinion though. You may be fine with it. :)
I didn't post last night because I was so depressed. Yesterday was a very long day for some reason and then my 2 yo son decided to pour out my laundry detergent on my deep freezer making a HUGE mess, along with other little things happening over the course of the day I just lost it and started crying. After the kids went to bed at 9 pm and I talked to my DH at 10 pm I felt much better, just tired. So I didn't get my workout in, just didn't feel up to anything, but I did get all 22 pts in for yesterday and plenty of water. So I did good in that area.
But today is going much better. It's pay day so I paid all of my bills either over the phone or through the mail which makes me happy, and later once the little girl I'm babysitting gets picked up I'm taking my kids out to eat and to buy them a treat, along with grocerie shopping and all that. SO I have a busy day ahead of me. but I already got my house cleaned, laundry done... so I have nothing to do right now. And today is the last day I'm babysitting (YAHOO!!) not that she isn't good, it's just that 4 kids at once is a little much for me. I'm sure that didn't help my mood yesterday.
Well anyway, I need to get off here and check on them. TTYL!!

ECmom
09-26-2003, 11:40 AM
Hey Jen.....just a dumb question. Do either of your cats sit on the computer monitor as you type??? RC does here~ what a cute habit. Ginny

mel17
09-26-2003, 12:01 PM
Well ladies, I had a nice long post and guess what~poof it's gone! Hum, that's pretty upsetting!!! Oh well, I'll just say a few words and try to get back later. I'm still here, just busy with Myra. Unfortunately she has come down with strep, we saw her DR. yesterday and she put her on antibiotics, so hopefully she'll be getting better soon!

Anyway, Jen Congrats on getting through the 3 mile tape. And have fun with Ds, even though that weather is bad, just be careful!!

Ginny Congratulations to you on your loss! Your total is getting up there now! Keep up the great work!

Spryng, I'm glad today is going better for you, I must say I think you're awesome! I don't think I could handle all that you do, but you know when things get you down, we're here for you!

As for me, I'm finally back on track with my points and I'm really feeling good about it! And next week is my 6 week check up with my OB and I should be released to start some light exercise. It will likely only be light walking, but that's a start. My incision from my c-section is healed but gets uncomfortable when I do to much, so I don't want to push it! But I've been up and around plenty with Myra, walking and bouncing her, can I use those as activity points!?! :) They should count for something seeing as how I seem to be working up a sweat, or maybe it's just my hormones are still out of whack from child birth?

Oh well, Ladies, have a great day! I'm going try to get some house work done while my little sweetie is sleeping!

spryng
09-26-2003, 03:55 PM
Mel, you are so sweet! I don't think of myself as awesome...lol. In fact I feel like a failure most of the time. But don't you wish you could see yourself through another's eyes? Good for you for staying OP and jumping back into WW. I always find pregnancy nice in the eating department but know that once he/she is here it's time to buckle down again. This time around though it's been a breeze to stay OP.
Well today is my last day of babysitting... as soon as she is picked up today I'm LEAVING!! lol. I'm starting to count the minutes. :) I had a light lunch and breakfast because I plan on having fast food for dinner. So I have 16 pts to use for dinner now, which is nice. I'm also hoping to buy a new workout video tonight. I really want The Firm series but it's kinda expensive. My Denise Austin tape doesn't feel as challenging as it did a few weeks ago, and it's only 20 min. The firm cardio sculpt is 55 mins of weight trainging and aerobics! That should burn some fat! I've done alot of research on these and I really think they are the best for me. I wonder if they sell them seperately or if I can only get them in the 3 pack. Anyone know?
Well anyway.. guess I'll get off here. I hope everyone is having a great OP day and I'll check in tonight before I go to bed. TTYL!

mel17
09-26-2003, 04:11 PM
Spryng, I have an email I can forward you, and you could check out those workout video's if you'd like. I'f so just PM me your email and I'll forward it. I ordered my WATP video's online and they started sending me email about lot's of other workout video's to check out. Anyway, just let me know!

mel17
09-26-2003, 04:17 PM
Oh, here's the link the the web page instead of me having to bother you with email! http://www.workoutmusicvideo.com/firm.html
Hope you find what you need!

need2losemore
09-26-2003, 11:11 PM
Starting a new thread, see you there

spryng
09-26-2003, 11:15 PM
Good evening all!
Mel, thanks for the web site. I read alot about the firm and peoples opinions about it (epinions.com and amazon.com) and everyone that tried it seemed to love it. So guess what?! I bought them!!! I think that is the best gift I have ever bought for myself. The Cardio Sculpt is 55 minutes long and I could only do 25 minutes before my poor legs gave out. I was huffing and puffing and my legs were shaking. So I would say I'd had enough. :) But I feel so good about it! I'll probably be singing a different tune tomorrow when I wake up!lol. But I'm going to work on it every day until I can do the whole 55 minutes without stopping. It may take a week or two.
But anyway, my evening has went great. I took the kids to Mcdonalds and I had a chicken Mcgrill w/o mayo (7pts) and a Mcvalue fry (7 pts) and boy was it great!!! I still had two points left over for the day so I am having a slimfast snack bar for my bedtime snack. I hope eating this late doesn't affect my WI tomorrow. But after that workout I know I needed some fuel in me.
How was everyone's evening? Good I hope. I guess I need to get my tired body into bed. TTYL!