Weight Loss Support - Scale Addict Anonymous #2

View Full Version : Scale Addict Anonymous #2

Hotsplashes
09-17-2003, 10:57 PM
Hello, My name is Splash...And I'm a scale Addict!!lol

Welcome to the second thread of our Addicts meeting! Our first one was getting pretty big! We have lots of great folks on here and hope to get some more joining in!

See everyone tomorrow!

Shelley0574
09-18-2003, 10:31 AM
Wow.. A second thread. We're hittin' the big time! :cb: :lol:

Seriously though.. WAY cool about you going down a size, Michele! Rock on! :)

I've managed to avoid the scale since Monday.. Yay me! LOL I'm trying to shoot for weighing myself on Saturday morning.

Idealperson
09-18-2003, 03:15 PM
I haven't had time to post all week, but I weighed in at WW on Monday and was down 2.8#. I have stayed the same since about the middle of July-I think the flex points are working! I have gone from a tight size 18 to today's size of 8! It can be done-but it can also come back:o Have a good day...

Shelley0574
09-18-2003, 10:59 PM
WOW Ideal.. That is so wonderful! I'm still working towards size 8 myself. I'm a 9/10 right now. My ultimate size is 6.. like I was over 2 years ago. So, going from 18 to 8 is a big deal and I totally admire you for that!! Way to go!! :)

ceara
09-19-2003, 08:48 AM
Izzie is here...in a modified form...we need the rain :D

The :devil: scale is behaving..in fact has been an :angel:. Am down another this am....which puts me at 25 total from highest and 19 from mini goal...jeez! I've not been here since January 2002! 'Tis a bit intimidating and exhilarating at the same time...

I'm wearing clothes I've not worn in some time...those are more important to me than the numbers...I like NSV's! And I got my hair cut....short...with wisps...new image!

Ideal and Shelly...:cp:......major size changes....did you guys get rid of the larger sizes as you shrunk?...that is what Dr. Phil recommends...and I think I will do that this time...it rubs against my frugal grain, but it leaves nowhere to go but down, right?

:wave: to everyone else. How is the colourful Splashes today?

Ceara

Hotsplashes
09-19-2003, 10:13 PM
Congratulations on all the losing ladies! I have been hearing alot about Dr. Phil's book. So he says get rid of the Big Clothes? Hmmmm but I like my Big Clothes...they are so comfy even tho they are starting to fall off me. I'm glad I kept my skinny clothes...too many nice things to get rid of anyways...I AIN'T going to toss my suede pants! I should be back into them soon....I hope...

But now to my admission of sin....

Two days in a row I have been Off the Bandwagon...had Burgers and Onion rings two nites in a row with pop and icetea....But I'm paying for it...I feel like crap...and boy am I bloated...now I know why I stay away from bread.

And now I'm scared to get on the demon scale for fear of what it will tell me. I will eat well from now on and try to not get on the scale until next thursday!

Have a great weekend ladies and see everyone tomorrrow!

Hotsplashes
09-20-2003, 04:48 PM
Ahhh how time flies when work never stops...Gotta love people who don't show up for work on time then ***** about why things aren't getting done...then I can say (since I'm the miniboss) Well, the horse don't have opposable thumbs so they can't do alot things by them selves!

Work was long today, the car window shorted out...just one of them days...but I am eating well and getting lots of water in me!

Where is everyone??????

Shelley0574
09-20-2003, 08:18 PM
Hey Michele.. Sorry, I've been kinda busy for the past few days.. and I'm right there along with you as far as the "sinning" goes.. LOL I recently dumped my low carb diet (due to causing health problems) and I'm kind of in limbo right now.. but I'm still maintaining my weight. With the low carb I couldn't have any bread so I'm loving eating my biscuits and sandwiches.. lol

But I'm still excersicing like crazy so as long as I eat right and not eat when I'm not hungry, I should be fine.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!! :)

Hotsplashes
09-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Had a wonderful weekend fellow Scale Addicts. Of course I have been avoiding the evil scale due to my recent crash!lol. But I'm back on the wagon and will weigh myself once again on next Friday. I have hidden the demon scale behind the toilette and can't reach it because of the pain in my hip.

Oh yes...the latest news of my injuries. I was told I just sprained my hip. Well it now looks like I might have cracked the top of my pelvic bone. I asked the new Doc how I could be walking(limping actually) if I had a broken pelvis. He said it's probably the top round part. And there's nothing they can do. It has to heal on it's own and I have to stay active. Go figger.

I wish I was young again when I bounced when I took a fall instead of thudding down hard like I do now. I guess I can be thankful for the extra padding the extra weight has given me tho!lol

Hope to see eveyone on here this week! Hope eveyone had a great weekend.

Shelley watch out for the evil white bread! Oohhhh I love Biscuits and gravy....hmmmmmmm maybe I will treat myself to a visit to Bob Evans Restaurant for Biscuits and Gravy when I lose 10 more lbs!

Hotsplashes
09-22-2003, 07:17 AM
Good Morning! Good Morning. I didn't see the scale so I didn't weigh myself! Am eating a good breakfast as we speak!lol Hope you ladies start off your week right as well! I'll post later when I'm done work and gone for my nasty xrays!

ceara
09-22-2003, 09:18 AM
Scale is behaving itself.....:drill: It doesn't want to go live in the barn with the spiders :s: Although if it were out there, I'd have to walk farther to jump on it! In my jammies!:o

Things are good....still OP in spite of a few potential challenges and saboteurs....just put my foot down and my stubborn self on. I :judge: what is best, not someone else...at least for me!

Anyway, must go dodge the raindrops :rain: here....we need it. Izzie only produced a 1/4 inch.

Toodles...

Ceara

Tulip-Fairy
09-22-2003, 10:29 AM
Hey i didn't know you lot were all here.........my last post on the first thread wasn't answered and i thought you'd all fallen out with me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm off to make myself feel better now........"oh scales where are you?????":lol: :lol: :lol:

Shelley0574
09-22-2003, 12:05 PM
Hello losers and addicts! :D Hope everyone's Monday is going well.

Michele... OH no.. A sprained hip and a cracked pelvic bone?! Wow. You poor thing. Well, I do hope that everything heals fast! Can you still work out though? I would imagine not.. maybe light exercisies like Pilates or Yoga.. but that too would probably be difficult for you due to range of motion.

Ceara-- LOL Glad things are going good fer ya :D It's been raining here too for the past few days.. So wet and soggy out there!

Tulip.. I'm sorry about that! When Michele posted the second thread I didn't go back to the first!

Idealperson
09-22-2003, 04:30 PM
I have been a bad girl all weekend, tonight I face the scale at WW so I will get to see just how bad. Hotsplashes-I am in the same boat as you, I had nachos, apple pie, ice cream, etc. Bad,bad girl! Today I am eating very well and drinking alot of water, going to work out at Curves, starting fresh and new on this fine Monday!

Last week's weigh in was down 2.8#, probably all back this week, hopefully just for a short visit. Have a great Monday!

Hotsplashes
09-22-2003, 06:22 PM
Glad to see everyone is finding their way back here! Now all you ladies...we have to come up with our own twelve step program!lol I think I like Ceara's idea...

We shall hide the demon scale in the barn/garage/shed so we have to think if we want to go out in our jammies to get weighed!lol

Izzy only sent a bit of rain here too...seemed to have by passed us and hit further north in Burlington and Toronto. I'm sooo glad I live where I live!

I'll write a big postie tomorrow ladies! Good luck Ideal at WW tonite! Mmmmm apple pie and Icecream....Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Shelley0574
09-23-2003, 11:30 AM
Good Tuesday morning everyone! :) Wake up and get some coffee!

Well, guess what.. my scale broke. LOL I don't have the money to go get a new one right now so I won't be weighing myself for a while! Maybe that's a good thing? lol

We shall hide the demon scale in the barn/garage/shed so we have to think if we want to go out in our jammies to get weighed!

I like that one! LOL

Idealperson
09-23-2003, 12:27 PM
Shelley0574-Are you having withdrawls yet? Take some deep breaths and exhale slowly...

My weigh ins yesterday went fine. Yes, there were two of them! I weighed and was measured at Curves, I was down 2# and 2" overall. At Weight Watchers I stayed exactly the same weight-at least it wasn't a gain! I was pretty bad over the weekend...but the exercise must have helped.

Today I am trying to cut down on carbs and eat more protein. Drink your water...:wave:

Hotsplashes
09-24-2003, 07:18 AM
Hello ladies!

Congrats Ideal! 2" is a big loss! With that double weigh in, I'd go with which ever one was the best!lol SO Curves won this time!lol I wonder whose scale is correct?

Shelley! Broken Scale...could be a good thing! I am just too afraid of getting on my scale again. I got on about 1/2 an hour ago, and it said I am up 5lbs. But I know that you can't gain 5lbs in under a week. So I'm hoping my scale is broken too!lol

Sorry I didn't post yesterday but when I got on, the site was down for upgrades, and I didn't have time to get on again.

Carbs are bad, water is good!

Have a great day ladies!

xDas7x
09-24-2003, 01:14 PM
*sigh* I feel your pain..... its amazing how much I WANT to get on that scale..... and then.. I do and find out Ive not lost a damn thing... or Ive gained a pound or too.... it can be so discouraging...

I try my best to just.. STAY OFF of it.. and not worry too much.. but sometimes it gets to be a bit much and Ill weight myself like 3-4x a day.. now not TOO often will I do that.. but.... I know what its like.. don't we just wish the lbs could melt off? Its so EASY to put ON weight.. why cant it be easy to take off???:?:

Good Luck to everyone!!! :) :)

Idealperson
09-24-2003, 01:37 PM
My scale today was at an all time low-for me-152.5! I even went to a Pampered Chef party last night and I ate a small piece of my son's (he's 2) birthday cake-I've got to get that out of the house!:hb: :hun: Have a great day everyone...check back in later.

Southern Butterfly
09-24-2003, 03:07 PM
Hi, everyone. I've been a scale addict since I was 13 (11 years now). While I no longer get on it 3 & 4 times a day anymore, my life is still guided by the mighty scale. :sumo:

I moved at the 1st of July and didn't upack my scale until this past Saturday. I went through serious withdrawals. However, I was determined to not live my life by the 3 numbers that popped up every morning. Unfortunetly, I thought I was strong enough to start weighing myself again and brought the cursed thing out:devil:. I did find that I'd gained 10lbs since I moved in with my boyfriend (he now cooks everynight when I used to live on cereal for dinner).

xDas7x - I agree. It's so much easier to put weight on than to take it off or keep it off.

ideal - congratulations on the all time low!:cp:

Shelley0574
09-24-2003, 10:50 PM
xDas7x -- WELCOME! I know exactly what you mean. I would love to get on the scale so many times a day but I do know that our weight varies all day long from 3 to 5 pounds. So I only weigh myself in the morning times when I've pottied and have stripped naked. LOL I don't weigh myself any more than that because of the fact I know that our weight varies. My scale even has that warning on it!

Ideal-- GOOD for you!!!!! :cb: Congrats on your loss! :)

Southern Butterfly- Hi and Welcome! :) Hey, 10 pounds aint nothing. You can lose that in no time.. We have faith in you. Just keep your program going and we'll be here for you no matter what!

I, myself, have been a bad girl this week. I have been SO lazy. I've been going to the gym but only doing half the workout I usually do. I've actually been quite depressed lately. I have no idea why. I feel pretty guilty about it. I need motivation so bad! But I know I can do it, I've done it before.

Okay.. it's getting late. I'll check in, in the morning. Nite yall! :)

Hotsplashes
09-25-2003, 07:31 AM
Welcome xDas7x! I too ask myself that question..."But I gained you so quickly! Why won't you leave as quickly?"LOL Glad to see you here with the rest of us addicts. Hope to see you posting here. We're trying to come up with a humorous version of our own 12 step program!lol Glad you could make it!

Welcome Southern Butterfly!Glad to see new folks here. As Shelley said, that 10lbs will be an easy loss for you. Just put your mind to it and have bf cook healthy things. It's hard when you have a man that cooks. I went out with a chef for 2 years. I didn't gain any serious weight, I was working out hard then, but if I hadn't been active, WHOA! I would have died and gone to heaven with all the wonderful treats he made.

Ideal, you did wonderfully! After that long walk from work, you DESERVE a piece of Bday cake! As long as you kept you to one. And your son deserved to see his mommy enjoying herself at his second Bday! Happy Bday!

Shelley, It's amazing how big of a difference there can be in one day. People don't seem to realize it. I held off on my Thursday weigh in because of the bad week I had last week. Will wait till Monday or even try to hang off till next Thursday!lol Yah right!

Have a great day ladies, I'll prolly see you later tonite!

Southern Butterfly
09-25-2003, 11:11 AM
Good morning, everyone. I managed to stay off of the scale this morning. It was very hard to talk myself out of it. My goal is to only weigh myself on Fridays. I'm hiding my scale during the rest of the week.

Shelly - you're still going to the gym, right? Don't feel lazy, girl. Pat yourself on the back. You're doing something good for yourself every time you go, no matter if you go all out or not.:spin:

Hotsplashes - I want a copy when the 12-step program is finished to blow up and put on my bathroom wall!
:flow2:

Hotsplashes
09-25-2003, 05:46 PM
Ok Ladies...Shall we start then? I will make step one

Step 1/ Grant me the sanity to know that the scale can be my friend, and the knowledge to know when to hide it when it's not.

Shelley0574
09-26-2003, 10:02 AM
Southern you're in Memphis.. Cool! :) I'm in Millington... Thanks for the moral boost.. Yeah I am still going to the gym.. just don't stay there as long as I have been and do half the work.. lol I just feel like I'm dragging and have lost all my energy to exercise. uh! I hate feeling like this. What's wrong with me?!

Oh the steps! okay, I'll think of some today and get back to ya.
I love Step 1.. LOL

Southern Butterfly
09-26-2003, 11:11 AM
My old gym had this really cute cartoon above their scales. It has 2 women on it, and one is standing on the scale. The caption reads, "If it makes you cry, then don't get on it." Something like that at least. :yes:

Hotsplashes
09-27-2003, 07:21 AM
Southern Butterfly, that cartoon sounds hilarious! The gym I belong to is more of a hardcore gym with all the big roidbois hangin out. But they are good about helping poor lost souls like me. They must feel it's there duty to help the fatties get into shape!lol

Here's step 2 for this Rainy Saturday:

I admit to loving my scale so much that is a part of my family. And I am willing to send it for a time out when it is bad. In these admissions and willings, I will gain more control over my addiction!lol

Hotsplashes
09-27-2003, 05:41 PM
Well ladies...what do you do when you have company and they bring you carbs for pressies? you eat them...Yes I fell off again. I can't resist Bruschetta bread...DangDangDang. I'm definitely not getting on my scales until next Friday!!!!!!!!!!

Hotsplashes
09-28-2003, 12:12 PM
OK...back on track. Had my regular protein laden breaky that helps get me started and keeps my bloodsugars level. So if I can just keep that up and stay on track, I'll be laughing.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

dollar
09-28-2003, 03:18 PM
Hi all, hope you don't mind if I join you. I guess I don't really qualify because I don't own a scale but Im looking for a new place to post. I didn't have any small clothes to keep because I haven't had any since high school and that is many many years ago, as for my big clothes I have gotten rid of them all but one set and that was my favourite outfit jeaans and a tee shirt. The pants fall right off now and the tee shirt I can wear as a long night shirt. I just keep them in my closet as a reminder "THAT I'M NOT GOING BACK THERE" EVER!!!!! Good luck to everyone it is a hard journey but it can be completed. So far I have gone from a size 24 to a 14 I would love to wear a 10-12 someday I will.

Hotsplashes
09-29-2003, 07:00 AM
Dollar! Welcome to Scale Addicts! You don't have to be one to join!lol And you are from ONtario!! YAYYYY Me too.

I still have small clothes. ALL of them. NOthing from Highschool though. I grew 3 inches after graduation so everything would be too short in the legs and arms anyways. I was a 6-8 in grade 12. So I'll be quite happy getting back to a size 8-10. I'm sitting about where you are now.... a 14. sort of inbetweenie tho...depending on the store...to small for a 16 but just a bit tight for a 14...go figger. But I'm working on it...

I'm heading back to the gym for the first time in ages today ladies! Wish me luck!

Shelley0574
09-29-2003, 11:47 AM
Welcome Dollar.. Glad to have you!! :)

I still have all my big clothes in my closet but I threw/gave away all my small clothes because I was so mad at myself and I told myself I'd never get into that size again.. Well, I'm that size again--or close to it and now I have to go buy new clothes! Which I can't really afford right now.. So I'm wearing my old sweats until I can go buy some stuff.

I haven't weighed myself in a while.. and I'm kind of scared to, to tell you the truth. I have been eating all the wrong things and I haven't worked out in a while either.

Some one put a fire under my rear will ya?! LOL

Topaz
09-29-2003, 12:00 PM
Welcome, dollar, from another fellow Ontarian! Congrats on your success so far - 24 to 14 is fantastic!

I'll never fit into my high school size again - and I don't want to. I was skinny, but not at all healthy. I'd rather keep my muscles (and boobs! :D) that I have now and didn't have then. Plus I am taller now too.

I haven't posted much lately, but have been weighing myself obsessively and haven't lost at all in 2 weeks. Oh well, at least I haven't GAINed, which I count as a victory since I haven't been very good about eating right lately. I've been feeling kind of down - I always seem to go through a little bout of depression in September, always have since I was a child. My boyfriend thinks it's the change in weather and amount of sunlight. He's probably right.

Hotsplashes
09-29-2003, 03:34 PM
Shelley, I only kept my good small clothes. THe expensive, "never go out of style" classic stuff. I think about alot of the stuff I dragged around the continent with me that I never wore even when I was thin and realized how OUT OF DATE it would be!lol Glad I got rid of it. I hope to get rid of my big clothes.

Topaz! Glad to see you back! Hope to see more of you! Good Job at Maintaining! As for the bout of downess. I get it too, but later in the winter. I was raised in the land of sunshine and moviestars...so winter really plays havoc on me. But I find if I top up with Vitimans D, C, B12 and exercise I feell much better. Tanning beds help me too for some reason. Talk to your doctor...

Hmmmm I guess I should put my goals too...

195/181/140

Southern Butterfly
09-29-2003, 04:42 PM
Happy Monday everyone.

Welcome, Dollar:wave: It's great to have you!

I went through and cleaned out my closet some this weekend. It's amazing what I've held on to.

Topaz - I get down around this time, too. I've heard that it is very common in September for people to feel tired and down. :yawn:

Shelly - just think of how great it is going to fell to be able to shop new clothes!! :dance:

Hotsplashes - how did the gym go? I've been wanting to go back myself. :strong:

I'd better get back to work.

Hotsplashes
09-30-2003, 06:59 AM
Morning Ladies! Just wanting to hop on before work to say hello and have a wonderful day!

I'll do a big postie when I get home. By then I'll be soooo glad to be sitting in a chair.

Tulip-Fairy
09-30-2003, 07:11 AM
Sorry i haven't been around much lately......too busy eating and weighing myself!! lol

I went away for the weekend and left the demon scales at home, hopped back on them monday morning to find i'd put a pound on....i'm so annoyed as i have had an ear infection over the weekend and have hardly eaten anything, no alcohol due to the anitbiotics either!!! grrrrrrrr!!!!!

Will do better this week!!:?:

Glad to hear your all doing fine and clearing out the closets...mine needs doing soon, some of my bigger stuff will be heading for the bin also!

How did the gym go hotsplashes??

Welcome Dollar - and congrats on your weight loss so far

Shelly.....:flame: for your bottom........bend over!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Topaz....:gift: here's a pressie from me to you to cheer you up...I too get down when the cold weather comes, it makes me want to eat especially when we hide our figures in bulky winter clothes, so i doesn't really matter if we put on a pound or two!!! [what a sad person i am!!] :^: :^:

Hotsplashes
09-30-2003, 05:46 PM
Helloooo wonderful ladies of Scale addicst! I'm glad to see everyone slowly making their way back. It's tuesday and boy do I hurt. Taking the day off from working out since I hurt!lol My hip is taking to the workout quite well. Infact...the Doc says that exercise will help. Today was a hectic day at work. Got the new babies in...getting them broke to drive. So it's fun to watch them. My one colt Willie went onto the track and promptly sat down. they tapped him with the reins and he got so mad he lay down!!! He's much better today.

I watched Dr. Phil today and am tempted to go get his book. I like the fact that he deals with WHY we weigh to much rather than just hand out his book and say "Eat like this and exercise like this". He is dealing with the actual causes not the symptoms. There's doctors out there who deal with symptoms but not the true cause. I know why I am overweight. But am just now learning to deal with doing something about it...with actually facing it rather than hiding it under the rug. It hurts sometimes when I look deep inside and see my faults and my weaknesses...but this is only going to make me stronger in the end. ****, I've been clinically dead three times...facing my inner fears is alot easier!lol To Shelley, Tulip, Topaz, Dollar, Southern Butterfly, and the rest of the MIA ladies of Scale Addicts Anonymous...We are strong women. I think we are a good support system for each other. I know I get more support from the people here than I do at my own house.(a situation that is changing as we speak!!LOL) I hope to see everyone on here as regulars so we can keep each other positive and help one another through our tough spots! And now it is time for me to head out and do dishes, do vacuuming and clean the icky kitty box...I told you gals that I would do a big post today!!lol Tomorrow I will do one with Smilies and the whole shebang!!!!

Southern Butterfly
09-30-2003, 06:17 PM
I completely agree with Hotsplashes. Most people know how to eat right and that we need exercise. However, we need to know the cause of the problem and not just look at the symptoms.

I grew up around friends and family who believed getting together for big meals was the way to show love. Therefore, food came to symbolize love in my life. When I'm upset for any reason, I look to food to make me feel better. It never does, though. I don't go for healthy food when upset either. Who ever heard of eating a turkey on wheat when you've just had a fight with your sister? No, cheesburgers make fights all better, right? And a salad when you break-up with a boyfriend? Definitly not, that calls for a whole tub of Ben & Jerry's. I strive to overcome emotional eating. I've leared that it is something that has to be dealt with on a case by case basis. It's harder to actually deal with a problem than to deal with a bag of cookies.

dollar
10-01-2003, 12:11 AM
Hi ladies, well the news is good I lost 3.4lbs this week and reached my new goal that my doctor set last week. It is 20lbs higher then the original one he set but he is very satisfied with where Im at and feels that my body has been trying to tell us all something over the last several months. This is the lowest it intends to go, I will attempt to lose 10 more lbs but Im very satisfied to finally have reached a goal. My next challenge will be to keep it off. Have a good week all and hang in there it pays off in the end or should I say comes off.

Topaz
10-01-2003, 12:57 PM
I know I get more support from the people here than I do at my own house.
Oh, me too, Hotsplashes. My mom lives with me (that is, we share a house right now as we are both working single moms) and she is chronically underweight so even though we often discuss trying to eat better foods in general as we all would like to be healthier, she doesn't really understand what it is like to need to TRY to lose weight. One of my sisters just had a baby 2 weeks ago and our mom told her that she always was able to put her pre-pregnancy jeans on just a few days after giving birth. :eek: I made sure to tell my sister that was not normal, though.

I am feeling a lot better about things today - I wrote a test in my college class last night and I think I did pretty well. I also took the day off work yesterday, theoretically to study for my test but really because I just needed a mental health day because work was driving me nutso and I thought I might kill someone at the office. :o I said "mental health day" when I called in, too. :lol: I spent the morning re-arranging my living room and fixing a broken bookshelf instead of actually studying. Ahh, there's nothing like using power tools and a hammer to work out frustration. :p

I've been watching Dr Phil too. I think I certainly have a lot of issues I still need to deal with. One thing I think I've more or less gotten past recently is that I always used to let other people define who I was, what I did. It seems like I've heard the phrase "but that's not like you at all" about 84,000 times - and I always hated it. Who exactly did they think I was, anyway? Now I couldn't care less, because I know who I am, and anything I DO is "like me," because I AM me. Duh.

You know, I've lost weight before (and obviously gained it back) but this time is different for me. I'm at a different place in my life. I have a good boyfriend who tells me I'm beautiful all the time, which certainly helps my self-esteem - but I don't depend on him saying that. I've let go of a lot of things that happened in the past. I'm really feeling that I am what I do now, not what I did before. I recently heard someone saying "but I can't do things like that," and even though I don't really know what she was talking about, it was like a light came on for me. I can do things. It doesn't matter if I'm afraid, or if I don't know how - I can learn, and I can do things that I'm afraid to do. It's OK to be scared; it's not OK to live your life doing only things you've done before because everything else is scary. I went on a Ferris wheel with my son this summer even though I was afraid. I flew in a tiny airplane with my boyfriend last month even though I was afraid. Next month I have to do something that scares me even more than that - I have to give an oral presentation in my business English class. I'm going to do it, and I'm going to do it well. It doesn't matter if I'm scared. I'm going to do it anyway.

Helloo, superlong post? Where did you come from? :o :lol:

Tulip-Fairy
10-01-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Southern Butterfly
I
I grew up around friends and family who believed getting together for big meals was the way to show love.

Hi southern butterfly, i completely agree with you on this one.....all my family and friends think a visit from someone = food, even calling into my italian freinds results in coffee / cake or more, they are offended if you don't accept what is offered. Even in my own home i always have at least 3 tins full of homebake goodies [ i use them for my children's lunch boxes] but always offer them when guests call in..it's part of our social ettiquette.

part that i am trying hard to break........i usually offer tea/coffee etc.....then ask if they want the cake tins, quickly saying that i'm not partaking but they are welcome if they would like to...........9 times out of 10 they too are on a diet / healthy eating plan and would rather not also!!!!

We really do need to address this issue, it would make it so much easier for us loosers!!! ;)

Tulip-Fairy
10-01-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Topaz
I always used to let other people define who I was, what I did. It seems like I've heard the phrase "but that's not like you at all" about 84,000 times - and I always hated it.

I recently heard someone saying "but I can't do things like that,"

I can do things. It doesn't matter if I'm afraid, or if I don't know how - I can learn, and I can do things that I'm afraid to do. It's OK to be scared; it's not OK to live your life doing only things you've done before because everything else is scary.

Wow Topaz what an inspiring post!!! I'm proud of you, it takes a lot of courage to take that outlook on life, but it truely is the best way.
I have a saying which fits this perfectly, check it out at the bottom of my post - i use it daily as i am always doing or trying new things!!!

As for you Dollar - CONGRATULATIONS on your loss and reaching your goal - how good a feeling is it? I am now 6lbs off my goal weight and am trying really hard to be wear your are now!!! WELL DONE;) ;)

Hotsplashes
10-02-2003, 10:22 PM
What a bunch of amazing ladies we have on here!

Southern Butterfly...Yes..you are right...A turkey on whole wheat doesn't fix the hurt but the B&J does! When i broke up with my first bf when I was 15, I ate bananas and french onion dip...gross but at the time it tasted good!lol

Dollar Congrats on the loss! What program are you on? Obviously doctor supervised. More people should consult with their doctors. I have a friend who's doing the Bernstein/atkins thing with her doctor yet refuses to follow the guidlines. And she wonders why she's not losing.

Topaz...your post is amazing. A long time ago, I learned you have to get out of your "comfort zone" or life will never get better. People keep whining about how bad their lives are yet are unwilling/afraid to step outside that situation because even tho is sucks...they know it and aren't scared of it. If one would step outside their comfort zone they would realize that they've just made it bigger!

TulipFairy...what can I say...you are profound. And your saying at the bottom of your posts is true. If someone keeps doing the same thing over and over again...how can they expect to get a different result? People must see the outside the box. But alot of people don't want to.....

Well, ladies...tomorrow is the weigh in. I've tried to be good all week but today at work our boss bought us 2 huge pizzas because we got all the yearlings in thier harnesses and into the carts and paraded them around the track.

Of course one of mine decided that the ditch was a fun place to lie down. But we got ole Royal back up and trotting like a pro. He's just a bit unsure of himself!lol

I'll postie the wiegh in tomorrow!

Hotsplashes
10-03-2003, 07:05 AM
Got on the scale at 5:30am today ladies and am down the weight I gained! Back to 179!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYy See everone later!

Southern Butterfly
10-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Congratulations, hotsplashes!!!!:bravo:

The scale was nice to me as well this morning. Down to 148.4. It scared me yesterday because it went up from 150 to 151.2. Can wet hair really make that much difference?

Have a great day!!!!

Hotsplashes
10-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Ahhh what a good day. Scales down. Horses behaved. NO Royal in the ditch. Finished work by 1pm. Happy Happy Happy.

And now we see that Southern Butterfly is down too!! What and Awesome Loser you are!!! Congrats SB! And yes....wet hair can make that much diff. Plus the water that your body absorbs thru the skin during bath/shower time.

Hope all you ladies are going to have a great weekend!

dollar
10-03-2003, 10:25 PM
Hotsplashes and SB congrats on your loses. You asked what program Im on I go to Weight Watchers and my doc fully supports the program, he has been following me through it for the last 18 months. He started weaning me off my blood pressure pills at this time last year and did it very slowly until Feb when he was going to cut it down by 10mg once again and I just said "oh come on I have worked so hard for this let me go cold turkey from here" he agreed as long as I came back on a regular basis to have it checkedit is now seven months later and my pressure is still down. He is truly amazed because he told me once you have been on medicztion as long as I have then usually losing weight does not have much effect on your pressure. So needless to say he is more tehn pleased with the result.

anyway sorry for running on like that I hope you all have a great weekend, Im working Sat and Im going to check out a gym on Sun I think I will join because now that goilfing season is over I need something to do for the long winter. Take care I'll check in by Mon.

Hotsplashes
10-04-2003, 06:59 AM
Dollar that is wonderful! You have worked hard to get where you are and now look at you! No Blood Pressure pills! It's amazing what a healthy lifestyle can do for people. A friend of mine has diabetes and Lupus. Back when I was I was in shape and a healthy eater, I got her to start eating properly, walking doing some weight exercises to help build up her bone mass....she was off her insulin completely in 3 months, there were no signs of her lupus either. She goes back to her horrible husband and is now on 5 shots a day instead her former 3 shots, her lupus is twice as bad and she's sick all the time. ALL her doctors told her that it is due to the poor eating and the stress of an abusive husband.

But I am soooo proud of YOU!! You have stuck with this program and succeeded! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Tell us on Monday about your visit to the gym!

chikitababe
10-04-2003, 08:18 AM
Hey ladies! I have been laid off from work since 9/12, and it has been sooo easy to overeat. Last week I was up to 148, but, this morning weighed in at 146!! I'll take it! I have been stress eating alot, which includes chocolate and peanutbutter (both no no's), but, have also been exercising my butt off! I was delightfully surprised last weekend.....I wanted to buy a new pair of jeans (the last pair I bought was 2 years ago after the birth of our 3rd baby, and was a size 14), so, I decided to give in and go to JC Penneys. Unfortunately, I do not like the way most women's jeans fit (button above the belly button), so, I asked the cashier about low riders. She says, oh, you mean in juniors? I said "juniors?" Anyway, I tried some on, and ended up with size 9 juniors, and they fit! I couldn't believe it! Mind you, they are a little snug in the caboose, lol, but, they fit.

Boy, lets see if I can catch up.....

Shelly,

Hi! Sorry to hear about your broken scale, maybe it's a blessing in disguise? I have to say, it would drive me crazy though, seeing I'm an addict, lol.

Dollar,

Hi! Great job on the weight loss! What an accomplishment!

Hotsplashes,

Hey! It always makes me feel better to see the scales go down, even if it's only .5 pound!!

Southern Butterfly,

Hi! Congrats on the loss! It seems like we are all a bunch of losers this week, LOL, I mean that in a good way.

Topaz,

Hi! It sounds like you have a very caring and supportive boyfriend. I understand how it feels to let others define you. Most of my life it was, she is so smart, but, it is expected of her, she is such a hard worker, but, she needs to buy things for herself. My mother was a widow when I was 13, and raised me for the next 5 years, and those were the toughest years. Good job at facing your fears. My dad would say, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Tulip-Fairy

Hey! I have been trying to limit weighing myself to 2 times per week, but, have to hide my scales to do that! Then I just look at the cupboard they are in and say, I will not get the scales out. Sounds crazy, I know, lol.

Holly

Hotsplashes
10-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Glad to see you back Chikitababe...hope the job search turns out well. Congrats on the 2lb weightloss! Yes...even if it half a pound...it's a success. I will take any success where I can!lol

Work was good today...came home had a hot bath and a good nap...but busted hip isn't hurting as bad and I'm reducing the amount of meds daily. So I'm happy with that too.

All my horses were good today...the weather is crappy...supposed to rain right into next week. So I guess tomorrow I'm going to have to buy some heavy duty rain gear for the winter!

See everyone tomorrow!

Hotsplashes
10-05-2003, 10:52 PM
Ooooh how I wish I had more support. The BF ordered out for supper two nites in a row. And both times things I am not supposed to be eating. So I really limited myself and ate very little pizza and KFC. Neither sat well in the ole tummy and I was sitting on the porcelaine throne several time in the last 24 hours. My body is really rejecting the crappy foods now.

Hope to see more folks posting on here soonl! I'm getting lonely!lol

Tulip-Fairy
10-06-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Hotsplashes
Ooooh how I wish I had more support.

Hope to see more folks posting on here soonl! I'm getting lonely!lol

Firstly, i know what you mean about the support......i am going to try to get DH to join me on this weight loss thing, he could really do with it, and probably won't unless i suggest it!! ;)

Secondly.....i'll try to post daily if i can, I don't want you getting lonely now!! lol :dizzy:

and thirdly - I am making a change this week.......I am not going to get on the scales until next Sunday [honest!!!] I am driving myself to distraction, weighing everyday...my kids think it the way it should be, My 14 year old doing it daily now and shes only 63lbs!!!!! It's got to stop. So that's it, they are put in the cupboard until next sunday when i will wiegh myself on my own, without DD knowing :s:

i will come in here daily to give you a progress report!!! and i promise not to tell any fibs!! :^:

chikitababe - good luck with the job hunting and congrats on your new pair of jeans..I bet you were well chuffed to be sent to the junior section!!!! :p :p I took your advice about the scales in the cupboard tactic...I let you know how i get on!!

Oh and one last thing....HOTSPLASHES......KEEP OFF THE JUNK FOOD & YOU'LL KEEP OF THE THRONE!!!!! YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!!!!! :D :D

Until next time!!:)

Topaz
10-06-2003, 01:46 PM
I finally got my DSL set up at home (yay! no more slow dial-up!) so I'm hoping to check in here more often.

chikitababe, congrats on having a "junior" behind. :lol:

Hotsplashes, I too ate too much junk this weekend and I felt terrible - all tired and sugar-buzzed and weird. I much prefer feeling strong and healthy and energetic like I did all summer. So maybe I learned a lesson from this. Hey, I just realized yesterday was the first Sunday in ages that we didn't order pizza. That's good, I guess. Cheese is one of my major weaknesses, right after chocolate. :p

I still haven't lost any more - in fact am up a pound, but I'm not surprised, because I've been eating really badly lately. I'm back on track today, though. I really need to plan ahead more and make sure I have a variety of healthy snacks and "treats" around, because otherwise I end up eating something (or lots of somethings) I shouldn't, since my family members all buy a lot of junk food. It's not their fault, though, it's got to be up to me to eat right, I have to make my own food choices. And maybe I can set a good example to them at the same time.

Idealperson
10-06-2003, 04:36 PM
I think I am going through withdrawls---help! I have been staying off the scale all weekend, and it's killing me! I want to be surprised at my WW weigh in tonight. I am 1.8# away from goal and I want to make it in October. If not tonight, I have 3 more Monday's to make it...:^:

WW start 209# (1-9-03)
WW last week 153#
I can do it!!!

Hotsplashes
10-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Tulip!....it's amazing how much children follow in our footsteps...we don't realize how much they watch what we do until we see them acting like us. It's very scary sometimes.

I'll be your partner in the Sunday weigh in thing...I won't get on my scale this week until Sunday! That will surely keep me from overeating and binging on junk food now!

Topaz!...One pound isn't bad! think of it as Water Bloat!lol Drink up lotsa water to flush it out! And do an extra few minits of Aerobic exercise and it'll be gone in no time!

You will be the stronger person for setting a good example for the rest of your family members! I try to do the same thing for my sister and BiL who are severly obese as well as their son. My niece is tall and thin like i used to be...she is very conscious of what goes into her body...so she is a good influence on her parents and brother as well. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK TOPAZ!

Ideal! ...1.8 lbs is a good goal! And you'll have made your WW goal! I am so PROUD OF YOU!!! Stick with it! I bet you will make it before the 3 mondays is up! Let us know how the weigh in goes! I can't wait to find out! GOOD LUCK!!!

OOHhhhhh SHEEEEELllleeyyyyyyyy where arrrrrree youuuuuuuu?????????????

Topaz
10-06-2003, 10:46 PM
I'm trying to make Mondays my only weigh day. It's so hard!! :lol: We're such Scale Addicts! :lol:

Well, tonight my family had meat&potatoes stew for dinner...but I had a egg white omelet with salsa! They also all had chocolate bars and pepsi...I had some spinach salad and loved it! I'm so proud of myself tonight. I also turned down a "Jos Louis" cake (I'm usually such a sucker for chocolate) from my boyfriend and told him how well I ate today and that I didn't want to screw that up.

Hotsplashes - I'm quite relieved that it's only one pound - that's nuthin! I'm going to try really hard to do well this week so I can see the scale go DOWN next time...assuming I can actually wait a whole week. But only Mondays "count" for me now.

Ideal, how was your WW weigh in? I hope you made your goal! You'll definitely make it in October! :D

Idealperson
10-07-2003, 04:41 PM
Well, I did lose but not all of it. I lost .8 so now I have only one pound to go! But a co-worker brought in carmel corn today-talk about diet sabbotagers! I will make it and thanks for all of your support! This is the best place to be :)

Hotsplashes
10-07-2003, 06:30 PM
Howdie doodie ladies!

Topaz! Good going on the Nay to Candy Bars and Coke! AND AWESOME on the good eating! I'm not a pop drinker so I can easily avoid Coke. My sister and brother are Coke a holics. 4 big bottles between the two of them a day....and they wonder why they weigh 500lbs between the two of them.

Keep up the good work Topaz...and yes we ARE scale addicts. With you weighing in on Mondays and Tulip on Sundays...I get to fufill my Scale Fix!lol

Ideal!! YAYYYYY already half way to your goal! I bet you will be down to your goal by your next WW weigh in!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! You should go out and celebrate...buy yourself something nice...a new top, new lipstick or nailpolish! You DESERVE it!!!

I can't wait to hear about your next weigh in! Keep up the good work!

I wonder where Shelley is...Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??///////////

Tulip-Fairy
10-08-2003, 07:23 AM
Shelleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey whereeeeeeeeeeeeee areeeeeeee youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu??????????????

She's not been this quiet for ages??? trying to get her scales out of the cupboard probably!!! lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a confession to make :o :o :o I forgot [honest] to put the scales in the cupboard and got up yesterday morning and jumped on them-------sorry---i promised as well!!!:doh:

But there are finaly away now........banished them to the airing cupboard - it hot and dark in there....i won't see their comforting red glow of the dials from in there!!!!!!! :^: :^: :^:

I think tulip need therapy!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I promise [AGAIN!!! ]:s: NOT to weigh myself until sunday morning!!!

Topaz well done for stay away from the sweets and fizzy pop and here's to :cheers: our respective weigh ins on sunday & monday!!

Ideal - let us know if you decide to treat your self with a litte pressie and what you bought!!! i am so :nose: nosey!! lol

Southern Butterfly
10-08-2003, 12:49 PM
I was sooo bad this weekend. I'm going to wait to get on the scales until Friday. I'm too scared to get on them right now.

Maybe if I'm a really good girl today and tomorrow, by Friday morning, I can erase some of the damage I'm sure I caused while I was gone.

Hotsplashes
10-08-2003, 07:17 PM
Tulip! The good thing is that you ended up putting the scales away. It may have been late...but as the saying goes...better late than never! Since I have put my scales in a hard to get at spot I have less urgings to step on them!lol

Southern Butterfly...alot can be accomplished in a few days. Stick with it and you will do it. Don't forget to drink lots of water. I am finding that with the colder weather coming, I am not drinking as much. So I have to keep reminding myself. I know take 3 water bottles to work. One for each barn!lol So whenever I walk into a barn...there's a bottle of water staring at me so I HAVE to take a drink. And it seems to be working!

SHEEEEEELLLLEEEEEEEeyyyyyyyy we MISsssssssss YOUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuu!!! Hope everything is ok in your neck of the woods. Hope you didn't get lost hiding your scales! If you did...make a big fire and I'll send out the Mounties to look for you!

See everyone tomorrow!

Southern Butterfly
10-09-2003, 11:43 AM
I have been drinking a lot of water because I'm sooo scared of what the scales will say. I did measure myself last night, and there was no change. I think I'm becoming a tape measure addict on top of a scale addict. I quess I need to hide that, too.:dizzy:

Hotsplashes
10-09-2003, 08:34 PM
My Tape Measure is buried in a box of junk so I can't get to it!lol...I am just keeping track of how my clothes fit. The new jeans I bought 3 weeks ago are already getting looser. Although I haven't lost much in pounds since I bought them...That means I am gaining muscle and burning off the evil fat!

My hands are all swollen from the meds I use on the horses' legs and crap. I need to use surgical gloves more often. That way the stuff won't affect my hands. I can't even get my rings off tonight!

Then again...it's TOM again. So I know I have gained a dreaded 3-7 lbs of water bloat. Which really makes me want to avoid a weigh in for the next few days. It also explains some of my sweets cravings.

Well, hope so see more of you Scale Addicts on here!!!

Hotsplashes
10-10-2003, 07:10 AM
G'morning Scale Ladies! I am off to walk the dogs then go to work. Will see all you lovely folks later tonite. Gotta go do banking and groceries after work this afternoon and will then have a bath and a nap. THEN I'll be online to tell you about my day!!

hope to see some folks here!

Southern Butterfly
10-10-2003, 11:22 AM
I gained 2.2lbs:( Argh, I could just cry:stress: Next week will be even worse because of TOM.

Idealperson
10-10-2003, 11:58 AM
Hi All! I woke up this moring with TOM-hoping it will be over before my weigh in on Monday-oh, the things we worry about! I am determined to lose this last pound and start maintenance. I have been good (for the most part) all week, but the weekend is my biggest downfall. Next weekend all of my husband's family will be flying in for dad's 75th birthday party-so there will be alot of food and drink! Most of these people haven't seen me since I've lost weight...can't wait!!! I don't want to blow it this weekend (but I really have no will power). Best wishes to all of you and have a great-fun filled weekend:cool:

Topaz
10-10-2003, 12:32 PM
I "accidentally" weighed myself yet again, and am still the same - and the tape measure says so too. However, I spied my reflection unexpectedly just now and I think I look great today! It's probably just that I have on new clothes (& don't recognize myself :lol: ) but boy, is that ever a nice surprise. Kind of the opposite of how I was feeling 5 or 6 months ago on spying myself in store windows. (That is, disgusted with myself. :( )

I'm still hoping the scale will tell me a nice story next week, but as it's Pumpkin Pie Day (er, I mean Thanksgiving) this weekend I don't have high hopes. I won't overeat, though I will eat things I otherwise wouldn't. We're mainly planning for our dinner to consist of an assortment of veggies - most of which I will make sure are prepared in a healthy way - & as we're having ham instead of turkey for laziness reasons and I don't like ham all that much anyway, I don't foresee too much of a problem. Well, except for the pie. ;) I'm planning around it so that I can at least have some, though.

Ideal, good luck with that last pound! You're so close to your goal! I know what you mean about weekends - the routine of workdays really keeps me on track, but then when I'm at home doing laundry or cleaning house, or just relaxing, I find myself wandering to the kitchen for no good reason at all. I need to keep myself busier I guess. It's always the unconscious snacking that gets me into trouble. :o

Hotsplashes
10-11-2003, 11:15 PM
Ahhhhhhhh...just came back from my version of Turkey Day dinner. Went to an East Indian restaurant and had tandoori chicken and rice. Yumyum...

Hey we must all be subconsciously timing our ToMs!lol Seems we all started this week or are about to...so Don't worry about that 2lb gain...it's all TOM bloat...

I gain at least 2-7lbs a week before and lose it the week after. go figger.

Yes I too am guilty of spying on myself in store windows...scary scary sometimes...But I did put on a pair of jeans I bought a month ago...and they're already getting loose!

So I am starting to think that I will go on how my clothing fits as opposed to what the scales have been saying!

Have a wonderful Turkey Day all you fellow Canadians and All you fellow USAers...have a great Weekend!

Tulip-Fairy
10-12-2003, 05:40 AM
Hi all you scales addicts...

I did it!!:lol: :lol: :lol: I put them away and brought them out this morning to weigh myself................i did do it 3 times though coz i wasn't too happy with what it told me............i've been good all week (except saturday night- where i drank a bottle and a half of red wine!!) and i've only lost a pound this week!! :( :( I know it's better than a gain tho-
The scales have gone back in the cupboard until next week! I am going to do induction for another week as i am still 4 pounds from my goal weight and will keep off the booze.

I've tuned into you hotsplashes....my TOM is due next week also...it's a girlie thing:?:

Well we brits don't have the thanksgiving / turkey dinner thing over here so not much temptation around at this time of the year....we're are all just starving ourselves ready for Christmas. lol..... but the weekends are a nightmare....like you say ideal.......no work routine, family gatherings........they really take their toll!!

Hey hotsplashes........you said..... - Have a wonderful Turkey Day all you fellow Canadians and All you fellow USAers...have a great Weekend! - what about us brits across the pond??;)

Until next time...........keep off the scales, keep eating the right stuff - and don't forget the water........(winter tip - drink hot water in a mug like you would tea/coffee, i can drink loads like this now that the weather is getting colder!)

Hotsplashes
10-12-2003, 10:20 AM
TulipFairy!! Congrats on the wonderful loss! LOL and you made me laff this morning about moving the scale 3 times. And for you UK folks...HAPPY WEEKEND! Of course it's nite time there now so Hope you have a wonderful week!lol

Yes Xmas is a tuff time for me too. My sister bakes the most wonderful cookies, pies, squares, and all sorts of yummie things. Then for Xmas dinner she makes whipped sweetpotatoes with brown sugar and maple syrup. How bad is that?LOL

I drink hot green tea during this weather. But of course...it's not cold here! It's been in the 70s and 80s for over a week. I think the other week's cold snap was due to that storm on the west coast pushing a cold air mass out this way.

The leaves are starting to change color here quickly tho, since that cold spell. It's beautiful out at the farm. And Today I'm going to go get rechargable batteries for my camera so I can get pics of the scenery. All the grapes are getting picked so I want to get some early morning pictures of the grapes with the dew on them.

Gotta get pics of the horses too before they look too fuzzy. And Royal is getting turned out for the winter because he's got alot of growing to do.

Well, I'm going to do my weigh in tomorrow. I'll see everyone tomorrow!

SHEEEELLLLllleeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy We're worrriiiieeeeeeeeeddddd!!!!!!

Hotsplashes
10-12-2003, 07:45 PM
OK...I admit it...I couldn't stay off the scale until tomorrow...I got on...and am only .5lb heavier. And that's with all the crappy eating last week and the bloat of ToM and a pair of jammies on. That's how addicted I am! i didn't even strip down!

So tomorrow I will get on again to see if there is a difference!lol

Hotsplashes
10-13-2003, 06:58 AM
Good Morning everyone! Yes I got on the scale again today just like yesterday...no changes so that is good. I figger this tiny gain is a combo of poor eating and monthly bloating...so I'm not worried about it. I am back on program and drinking a big hot green tea as we sit here.

Today should be an easy day at work and I should be home early. Did way too much housework yesterday but bf surprised me and did ALL the laundry. So that was a big help. But considering that out of 6 huge loads, only half a load was mine, I figger he should be doing the laundry!lol

Have a great day today everyone...including you brits!!lol

Southern Butterfly
10-13-2003, 11:37 AM
I'm ready to throw my scales out the window!! I was 2lbs lighter on Sat than on Fri. This morning, it was back up 2lbs!!! Why do they do this to us?? Why, oh why?

My grandmother makes all of these homemade pies for the holidays. I eat a slice of at least 3-4 kinds every year. This year bf and I are making Christmas dinner. That's scarrier than going somewhere, because all of the food will be in our house. While we're cooking, we'll be tasting. Maybe I should put some tape over my mouth while cooking!

Tulip-Fairy
10-13-2003, 05:13 PM
Well my scales are still in my cupboard...i heard them calling my name but i ignored them!!!! Arn't i a clever girl??

I am determined not to get on them til next sunday.......TOM joined me this morning so i'm DEFINATLY not getting on the scales....i have also eaten All the right & the WRONG foods today!!!

Had all my healthy stuff - scrummy very nice thank you.....then i went on to have chocolate profitroles - strawberry trifle - chocolate bar - crisps - and 2 chocolate chip cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh they were all great.........but i feel yacky now, bloated, stuffed & ill, my tummy is rumbling and i'll probably have to spend the evening on the loo!!! Oh why oh why do we do this to ourselves??????? I blame TOM I hate him!!!!!!!! (note it's male?!:D :D )

Butterfly - you in the kitchen with tape over your mouth gives me a great picture in my head!!!!

Hotsplashes - well done in getting Hubby to do the laundry....what's your secret i could do with it over here. I went out yesterday and on my way out i shouted, "get the washing in if it rains" I arrived home at 9pm in the evening and it was still hanging in the garden in the dark!!!!!!!!!" ahhhhh men!!!

Hotsplashes
10-13-2003, 10:02 PM
SB!lol don't worry...you'll poop it all out!lol That's what I did today from all the turkey stuff yesterday. So stay away from those scales until the end of the week!

Tulip...I didn't do anything to make him do it...did it all on his own...I think he realizes that his time is coming and maybe hopes that by doing the odd nice thing will make me keep him around...I honestly don't know.

So for those of us who are being visited by ToM...Let's protest...set up picket lines...rallies...something! It's just not fair that men don't have to go thru this! And go thru the embarrassment of sitting in a room full of men when the tampon commercials come on!

See everyone tomorrow!

Hotsplashes
10-14-2003, 07:03 AM
Good Morning Good Morning....Just think...one more day and it's humpday! I am back on program with the eating style my doctor suggested and feel good.

Do you ever have one of those days where just "feel" thinner? I got up this morning and didn't feel bloated or flabby around the middle at all! So today should be a good day for me!

Well I'm off to walk the dogs then go to work..

See everyone when I get home!

Tulip-Fairy
10-14-2003, 08:48 AM
Morning everyone........well i didn't it again, no scales for tulip this morning......i have so much more time in the mornings now-a-days!! lol

Well TOM may have made me eat all those sweet things yesterday but today i am in control..........!!!! i am also determined not to drink or over eat this evening as we are going out to celebrate B-I-L's 50th Birthday!! I will be good :^: honest!

I know what you mean about feeling "thinner" splashes.....i woke up this morning expecting to be feeling really bloated and flabby, but was suprised when i didn't!!! Surely that's got to be better than what the scales say??!!

Until tomorrow!

Tulip
~x~
:)

Southern Butterfly
10-14-2003, 11:52 AM
I always feel "thinner" the week after TOM. I love that week. You're right, Tulip, it is MUCH better than what the scales say.

I really need to stop weighing myself. My bf is now weighing himself everyday!

Idealperson
10-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Good Morning...well...drum roll please.....I made maintenance last night!!!!! I lost 1.8# !!!!! I got the golden key and am wearing it proudly around my thin neck. I started with Weight Watchers on Jan. 9, 2003 and have now lost 58#. Now that I am in maintenance I will probably be a worse scale addict!:^: My family took me out for Mexican food last night-I save all my points and really enjoyed myself-chips, salsa, guacamole, enchiladas, refried beans, etc. so today it's water, water, water!

Topaz
10-14-2003, 12:51 PM
:bravo: Congratulations, Ideal!! :cp:

Aaargh, I still weigh the same. I tried to be so good for the last week, and I was pretty good until Pie Day. I have to remember that it's just a number, and I actually am doing well in spite of what the scale says. I feel good, I look good, and I shouldn't care about the scale. (Who am I kidding? :lol: )
It doesn't help that I'm PMS-y this week. :headache: :no:

Hotsplashes
10-14-2003, 09:17 PM
Look who all showed up today!! YAYYYY

Tulip! Enjoy yourself. It's a happy celebration! ANd by the way...what do you do with all that spare time you have now?Lol I was a good girl and didn't get on the scale this morning. AM trying to stay away till Sunday or Monday. I hope I can hold out!

Southern Butterfly...isn't it amazing how our actions affect the people around us? In our last thread, someone said that her preteen daughter now gets on the scale every day because she watches her mom do it. Keep up the good work tho! You are a good influence on bf to get him to the gym!

YAYYYY FOR IDEAL~~~ That is soooo wonderful! We told you that you'd make your goal! Be proud of that key and flaunt it! Show it to everyone!!! Hope you still post here with us! You have done a wonderful job in your weight loss and are an inspiration to all of us!

I hope you enjoyed your celebratory dinner! I LOVE mexican! I miss back home where we had REAL authentic mexican food. Everything up here is like Taco Bell or Chi Chi's... Congrats again!!

Topaz! Great to see you and be proud that you maintained! Maintaining is better than gaining!!! Take stock of what you've been doing lately. In there lies your answer as to why you aren't losing. Maybe it's time to get a bit more exercise? Or maybe cut out bread and pasta for awhile? Or maybe change your workout routine. Could be you've been unconciously snacking without realizing it.

I read a good article in a magazine where it said that we sometimes don't realize we are snacking. We note all the good things we've eaten for the day but forget the handful of M&Ms we were offered by a coworker...or the cookies we had at a friend's house when we went to visit...or the food we grabbed out the fridge while getting ingredients for supper....and it's true...if you sit back and look at your day....you'll find something!

Wonderful week so far ladies! Let's keep it up and let's hope we hear from Shelley soon!

Southern Butterfly
10-15-2003, 11:22 AM
I managed to stay off of the scales this morning. Yeah, me!!

Ideal - congratulations on reaching maintenance!!!!:cb: :bravo: :cp:

Topaz - you're right. Why should we care what the number says? But we do. Just keep up the good work. It'll pay off.

Hotsplashes - I agree with that article. I noticed that I would grab mindlessly, that's why I write everything down, no matter how small it may seem to me.

I hope you'll have a wonderful day!!

Idealperson
10-15-2003, 05:23 PM
Thanks girls! You all rock! I ate supper at a Chinese buffet last night to celebrate...not a good choice! I am being super good today :dizzy: what a crazy way to live, but we must do what we must do...the scale stayed the same after much water!

Hope your day's a good one!

Hotsplashes
10-15-2003, 06:46 PM
YAY for Southern Butterfly!!! She stayed away from the Scale!! I know it's hard...but remember...one day at a time and 21 days makes or breaks a habit!

Ideal...YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM chinese buffet!! I feel like talking like Homer Simpson right now..."Chinese buffets are my frieeeendddddd!!!"

I didn't get on the scale today and am eating properly...need to drink more water tho...been drinking waayyyy to much tea...I'm getting sick of Sweet and Low...ickie ickie ickie!!

See everyone tomorrow!!!

Tulip-Fairy
10-15-2003, 06:54 PM
Well Wednesday morning and the scales stayed in the cupboard.......i'm strong...i can do this!!!!!!!

This morning my daughter (14) noticed that i have stopped weighing myself.......she asked why......i told her coz it wasn't important!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH WHAT A LIE.........but she's at an impressionable age.....it was a must!

Splashes it was me who had mentioned on the last thread that my daughter has started weighing herself everyday with me.......it was one of the main reasons why i was determined to to put my scales away!!

Enjoyed my party last night, was v. good, had steak and salad, diet pop and a mouthful of hubby's dessert then black coffee, and coz i was so good i felt on top of the world!!

SB - well done for keeping off the scales today!

Ideal - congrats for reaching maintanance, 58lbs is FANTASTIC!!

Topaz - If your still the same, it means you haven't gained!!! so well done on that score!! ;)

Hotsplashes
10-16-2003, 07:09 AM
Wonderful way to start the day with reading Tulip's post about setting a wonderful example for her daughter and for eating well at her party!!! Congratulations...it's Thursday morning here...am off to work in about 20 minits...so have a good day everyone!

Idealperson
10-16-2003, 10:42 AM
Congrats on everyone's success'. I am off to a full day of court cases-we only get 15 min. for lunch, so I have a sandwich packed, it's only 3 points. I was so good all day until I got home...the house was a mess and I hit the candy. You know those Nut Goodies from Brach's? I never even liked them, but started eating one and soon half or 3/4 of the bag was gone-very addicitve! So tonight I have a Home Interior Party at my place and need to stay clear of the food!

Hope your day's a good one!:^:

Hotsplashes
10-17-2003, 06:45 AM
Ideal...how did the day go? I don't know what Nut Goodies are But I know the Brach label...I bet they are good! And yes I too have fallen victim to the "Ooooh I'll only have one or two...." and in no time most of the bag is gone...I love caramels...specially at Halloween!

And here's the news this morning ladies...I fell off the wagon and onto the scales...but good news!! I'm DOWN 2lbs!! so now here's my stats...

190/178/135-140

Have a great weekend to anyone who I might not see this weekend...to those that I will see....Have a GREAT FRIDAY!!!!

Tulip-Fairy
10-17-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Hotsplashes
Wonderful way to start the day with reading Tulip's post about setting a wonderful example for her daughter and for eating well at her party!!! Congratulations...

:o :( :o I AM SO ASHAMED OF MYSELF!!!!!!!! After what you said about me as well.............. I was good at the party I did set a good example to my DD for not wieghing myself everyday.......then i went and blew it when there friends came around for tea and i helped myself to two peices of their freshly made pizza and a bowl (all be it small) of mixed flavoured ice cream, My carb count went through the roof!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was more ashamed that i'd have to come on here and 'fess up to what i'd done, than what i'd actually eaten as it tasted soooooooooo good!!!

BUT and here is the good bit...........I didn't get on the scales to see if i've gained on not........i am still determined to weigh myself on sundays!!!

I have to reach my goal weight by the end of the month otherwise i'm going to get really angry with myself....its so silly.....I wasn't even that hungry I just fancied it and couldn't be bothered to cook myself something different. But due to the wheat i am now suffering:eek: :eek: :eek: badly!!!

splashes, wasnt' that conveinient that you fell off the wagon and landed straight on the scales......you can't be blamed for that, accidents happen....blame the guy who but the scales so close to that darn wagon!!!! lol but congrats on the 2lb weight loss!!

Ideal hope the day in court didn't end in another fight with a bag of nut goodies!!!

;)

Have a great weekend........i have another challenge on my hands as freinds have invited us around for dinner on saturday night.........why oh why does my whole social life revolve around food???!!!! Wish me luck!

Southern Butterfly
10-17-2003, 11:35 AM
I didn't weigh myself this morning. I wanted to, but there wasn't time to remember unitl after I was completely dressed. I'll just have to weigh tomorrow!

Hotsplashes - congratulations on loosing 2lbs!!:cb:

Tulip - just say "oh, well" and go forward. You'll meet that goal before you know it!!:dance:

Ideal - I hope your party went well. My mother looovvveess Home Interior! She sells it on and off just to have the discount so that she can splurge!! I love it because I get the "I'm tired of this picutre" hand me downs!:)

little grasshopper
10-17-2003, 12:54 PM
Hi, can anyone join in? I definately fit this mold! I weigh myself every morning! No clothes, dry hair and after all morning bathroom stuff is done. :)

It's so bad that last week I lost (I thought) a pound and called boyfriend at work to tell him! I was so excited!! I said, guess where I am and guess what I did......he didn't say anything so I said....I lost another pound. His only respone...."you're naked aren't you."

(BTW - I apparently didn't lose the pound as I appears and disappears daily, as it has done for a month now!) :mad:

Hotsplashes
10-17-2003, 05:57 PM
Welcome Little Grasshopper!!

And yes anyone can join!!!

Your introduction story had me laffing so hard I nearly fell off my puter chair! That is something I would do...Call someone and say.."GUESS WHAT!!"...but your BF's response was frikken hilarious!!!

Hope to see you on here as a regular LOSER...we'll help you permanently lose that pound!

Hey Tulip...don't feel bad...When I got to work this morning...my handsome horseman had a big tea and a muffin for me. Talk about carb counts going around the bend! I think that muffin had a billion grams of carbs. One of those luscious JUMBO muffins. Blueberry/Cranberry bran.

So you are not alone. And have a wonderful time at your friends...just watch your portions. And fill up on water before you eat. That way you'll be less tempted to over eat!

Southern! Stick with it! I know you can do it! And what is Home Interior? We don't have that up here in Canada!lol

dollar
10-17-2003, 09:32 PM
Good evening all! Sorry I haven't been aroud this week but it seems to have been a fly by week. My MIL came down last weekend and we golfed Sat after I spent the morning cleaning the house and making a dessert for Thanksgiving dinner for the Sun. Then I got up early Sun and went to the gym while evryone else snoozed and then they met me at 10:15 after they went for breakfast and we drove down to my brothers ( including my MIL) for dinner. We got home about 930 and then I was up early to start work at 8. By the next day when it was time to go to work again I was sick, I don't know if it was from the food on the Sun or another bug I picked up at the Nursing Home where I work. I was just out of sorts all day Tues and WEd, I went to the gym Thurs but could tell I wasn't myself. My days off were wed & Thurs so that helped but after work today I have been feeling alittle sluggish again and have a bit of a headache. however after work tomorrow I will head for the gym no matter how I feel.

The visit at my brothers was really nice. I''m still getting use to the idea that I have all this family I knew nothing about. He is my birth brother and he found me 2 years ago this Christmas. In all there were 6 of us 1 passed away when he was 3 and all but the oldest sister has been located and the rest of us have all met. I am however closest to the brother that put in the search for me, we were at his house. We grew up not far from each other and one brother shoips all the time in the small town I live in now. It truly is a small world. Sorry Im rambling again. Congrats to those of you who lost wt and to those of you who are staying off the scales and to everyone else for hanging in there. Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Hotsplashes
10-19-2003, 10:30 AM
Ohhh Dollar...what a wonderful thing to hear about you finding your family! Sorry to hear you are sick tho...I myself am fighting off a cold. Everyone else at work has got it or had it except for me. So I'm trying my best to stay healthy.

I have found all but 2 of my siblings. Like you...there are six others. I am the 3rd youngest. I met my youngest in 89 and lost him in 92. Found my oldest brother(oldest of all of us) in 86 but do not keep in contact with him. That is the way he wanted it and I understand and respect that. I found my younger sister in 94 and are very close with her...she's my best friend....I found another abrother in 89 as well. We keep in touch and he's an awesome guy. We are good friends as well. I am now just missing my two oldest sisters. Hopefully I will find them.

Eating has been pretty good. I even have been keeping up the water content. I went out for a friend's bday last nite and had no icecream....just a small piece of cake and didn't even finish all of it.

I am finding that when I stick things in my mouth that I'm not supposed to be eating...my body is letting me know and I feel pretty lousy later on.

Today is rainy and yucky....so I'm going to do nothing but housework on my only day off. But tonite I am going to rent a movie and cuddle up with my dogs on the couch.

Have a great day ladies!!! See you all on Monday!

Tulip-Fairy
10-19-2003, 05:30 PM
Hi everyone......sunday night and i've had my special time with my scales, they were a bit dusty from being in the cupboard all week!!!!:D :D :D But i jumped on and off a couple of times before i believed what they were saying......

I have left them in the bathroom in disgrace, as they were not the best scales today.......i haven't lost wt nor put it on. Naughty scales!!!!

I am going to keep them out this week as my daily wiegh in's help me to keep a track of my eating better:^: :^:

I have spent two day's cheating a bit (cake & wine! - No not together splashes, i'm not that bad!!:p ) so i'm determind to stick to my food plan this week, i have my shopping list ready for tomorrow and will stay away from the naughty stuff with the safe comfort of knowing that my scales are in the bathroom waiting for me............ahhhhhh it's like having a friend return from a trip!!! lol

Hope you all had a great weekend.........and colds / bugs etc have all cleared up!!!

little grasshopper
10-20-2003, 10:31 AM
dollar and hotsplashes - Your stories sound a lot like mine. A year ago I decided to look of my birth fathers family. I "thought" I knew his name. After 15 minutes on the net I found him - in australia. But his family was in the states. I managed to meet a whole load of family that I didn't know. Found that my mothers mother has kept in touch with them quietly and has been sending picture of me throughout a lot of my life. So now I have 2 sisters, 3 brothers (all left in the states). I am the oldest and my youngest brother's mother is the same age as me. He was really surprised when we met. He's 12. It has been a wonderful experience. I'm even dabbling with getting to know the birth father now.

Has nothing to do with scales or weight loss - just thought I'd share. It's a very small world huh!

Tulip-Fairy
10-20-2003, 10:32 AM
Good morning ladies!!

Monday morning broke with the sound of my scales being jumped on!!!:D :D :D DH shouts from the bedroom.............Thougth they were supposed to be locked away in a cupboard???..............Oh no not anymore i reply, they're being good for a change so i'm letting them out for a week ;) It's offical, he thinks i'm crazy!!!!:D :D

:mad: I've put on a lb over night tho, which was a bit dissapointing , but had the right effect on me and i went shopping and bought all the stuff of my weekly meal planner, came home and cooked up some stuff for the freezer / fridge, just in case i get caught short of time!!!

I have eaten very sensibly today even tho there is cake in the tins!!!! Water intake is good and my exersice for the day will be running back and forth to the loo!!!!:s: :s:

Hope your monday morning has got off to a fine start!

Southern Butterfly
10-20-2003, 11:31 AM
I finally weighed myself this morning. The 2lbs that I've been playing with were gone plus another 1/2lb.:dance:

Idealperson
10-20-2003, 04:33 PM
Hey to everyone! The parties went well-alot of food and drink! Also, alot of family that hasn't seen me since 60 pounds ago! My husband was so proud of the compliments I was receiving-he walked by and said, "That's twelve" etc.. Anyway, now back to the daily grind-Monday! No one likes their probation officer and they all seem to find more trouble on the week ends....what stories I could tell....

Weigh in is today at 4:30 (official at WW) so it'll tell me how bad I was over the weekend...see ya all tomorrow.

Tulip-Fairy
10-21-2003, 05:21 AM
Morning ladies!!!

Tuesday morning and the scales were nice to me!!! I do love my scales.......it's much better if we are nice to each other ;) ;)

Glad you enjoyed your party ideal!!! It's really nice when you get loads of compliments from family members that haven't seen you for a while!! I bet you were as pleased as punch? :) :)

Well done butterfly - 2 1/2 lbs lost is brilliant!:D

to all the rest who are finding long lost family members - it must be a great feeling?? I have a brother on my fathers side that i have never met, he is 12 years older than me and while i have thought many times about trying to find him i never have! My father died when i was 15 and he would have been our only connection, so since my father is no longer here i've not entertained the idea........but now, with your stories i'm giving it a little more thought!!!

Oh and little grasshopper.....dont worry about your post not being about scales.........it's takes our mind off them for a while!!! lol :D :D :D

Splashes?????? It's Tuesay and you haven't been around since the weekend.........where are yoooooooooooouuuuuu?????????? If you've got your head stuck in the biscuit barrel i'm going to get very cross with you!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :s:

little grasshopper
10-21-2003, 11:13 AM
good morning all! Today I am working two jobs then leaving for school. I'm trying not to think about all the studying I should be doing!!

I'm over food poisoning and am now watching the scales climb back up again. :( I do understand why though....so it's not so bad...as long as they dont' go over my weight as of last week!

Idealperson, CONGRATULATIONS on all the compliments at your parties! That had to make you feel GREAT! It's a wonderful feeling when it happens, and people don't compliment each other nearly enough!!!

Hope you all have a great day!

Southern Butterfly
10-21-2003, 11:24 AM
Good morning. The scales were really nice this morning and told me that I lost another 2lbs (down to 146)!!!! Maybe I should only weigh after TOM is gone. The rest of the month seems so depressing!!

Topaz
10-21-2003, 02:14 PM
I also lost 2 lbs! (Good scales!) I am SO relieved to be past 164/165, seemed like I was there forEVer!

I think I forgot to tell you guys that last week someone from work asked me whether I'd lost weight, and said it was "very obvious." She is the first (and only) person to say anything about it to me. I wonder if people just don't notice, can't tell, or just aren't saying anything.

Idealperson
10-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Well, weigh in didn't go so well, I gained 2#! Southern Butterfly and Topaz, I think I found what you lost!;) Do you want them back?;) I'm having a better today than yesterday and that weight gain was just the icing on the cake-oops! That's a four letter word! Anyway, now I know the difference in scales from Weight Watcher to home-there's a 1# difference. Talk about being addicited-help!

Hotsplashes
10-21-2003, 07:43 PM
I'm here! I'm here! Sorry ladies for missing yesterday but one my critters went to the track and we placed second! ANd they said she'd never do anything! The owner said she'd place deadlast like usual...and I said "No she won't, she didn't have me working with her before!" and we got beat by a nose...litterally. Poor old Honolulu was reaching out with her little nose but that big old nag that beat her had a bigger nose. But what a good little horse LuLu was!

Then today...my horse that I was told would NEVER go back to the track, went back...and WON her qualifying race! IN RECORD TIME!!!

My boss thinks I am a miracle worker....I don't have the heart to tell him that my $100k education is finally paying off!lol

COngrats to everyone for losing! As for the one gain...that's ok...we all gain for some reason or other. It'll be gone again soon!

Ideal, wonderful to hear about the compliments at the Part and so sweet to hear that Hubby is proud!

Grasshopper, Thanks for sharing your story! Like Tulip says, post whatever you like here...We are here to share lots of things...not just our addictions to our scales and food!lol And good luck with further searching and contacts!

SB You are on the right track! You'll be at your goal weight in no time! Keep up the great work!

Tulip, Tulip, Tulip!!LMAO my head in the biscuit barrel...I haven't heard that since my Great Uncle from Manchester was around. And no my head hasn't be in the barrel...it's been at the race track and at work...I was so tired last nite(didn't get home till midnite) that I just couldn't get on the puter...then with Jillybean going to the track this morning, I had no time to get on in the AM...

So here I am now....And I will admit that my eating has been crappy the last 24 hours...I have to start bringing my food with me because you can't find healthy stuff at the race track!

See everyone tomorrow!

little grasshopper
10-22-2003, 10:01 AM
This is the first chance I've had to get to my computer today! But guess what!!!!! FINALLY I've lost 2 1/2 pounds!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: I just can't believe it - I'm half convinced I'm going to get on them tomorro wand find it was all water! But I'm so excited!!!! :) :) :) I haven't dropped any weight almost 2 months!!!! I was shocked this morning - I thought I'd have gained because i ate late last night (and a lot)

I hope you're all having a great day and week!! I'm off to get a massage :)

Southern Butterfly
10-22-2003, 11:25 AM
Congratulations Topaz and Little Grasshopper on the losses!!!

Ideal - you'll have to find someone else to take the 2#!!:lol: Don't worry, it's probably just water retention or something.

Hotsplashes - I'm glad to hear that your horses did so well!!

Tulip-Fairy
10-22-2003, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone!!

Topaz, SB & Ideal, if you've all decided to swap pounds around, please leave me out of it........I don't want anyones spare ones thanks!!!:D :D :D

Well done on your losses and if you haven't lost don't loose heart there's always tomorrow!!:)

Splashes - I forget that most of you are on the otherside of the pond when i write my posts - my accent must really come across strange if you've not heard it before!!! Glad it gave you a laugh!!:D :D Congrats with the horses, sounds like your on a roll with the winners there!!!

I like the way were have all started to talk about our scales like naughty children lol :lol: :lol: If they tell us we have gained we scold them if they show us a loss we praise them - we are mad, you know that don't you??? :smug:

See you all tommorrow!:p

Hotsplashes
10-22-2003, 06:40 PM
Good Day everyone! Long day at work so this is going to be a short post.

Congrats on all the losing to everyone! It's amazing what a good scale reading will do for us!

And Tulip, now that I read back...you're right..we DO treat them like little kids or in my case, my pet dogs. If they are bad I send them to their kennels...if they are good they get treats!lol

Little Grasshopper...enjoy the massage for me!!!!

little grasshopper
10-23-2003, 02:14 PM
Hi guys! how is everyone today? I was excited this morning to find out that the weight loss I'm suddenly showing wasn't a freak scale mistake :) It showed the same weight today...even though I ate really late last night - I freaked after an anatomy exam went very very wrong....ate at 11:00 last night.

I have my food usually in control but last night was a different story all together. I have 4 1/2 pounds that I want to lose by Christmas - hopefully that's a realistic goal for me. I'm getting pretty close to my ideal weight - so I know things will slow down.

How is everyone else today??? Where are you guys?

Tulip-Fairy
10-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Helllllooooooo - I'm here, better late than never!!!:dizzy: :dizzy:

I've been really busy today, I had to start work at 7:30am and the day just run away with me...........it's half term here next week so, it's been a day of planning, shopping & panicing!!!!!! :o Loads of kids booked into the club and nothing to entertain them with!!! But it's all done now, i'm back in control and looking forward to a fun packed week!

I love my scales today :goodvibes :love: :love: I am down a pound again today............oh i love my diet tooooooo, i'm a happy bunny today!!!!:D :D

Little Grasshopper - 4 1/2 isn't too hard a goal to reach, after all it's still about 8 weeks til christmas!! But i'd not advice late night eating until after then tho - lol :D :D Did you enjoy your massage??

Splashes - You work too hard!!! lol and your also right when you say the scales make a difference to us..........you bet.........i eat better and happier and a nicer person when my scales are good to me........i am soooooo sad!! :lol: :dizzy: :^:

Southern Butterfly
10-23-2003, 03:04 PM
I too had to get on the scales this morning just to make sure the loss was for real, and it was!!!

Tulip - congratulations on antoher lb gone!!:bravo:

little grasshopper - you can make your goal!! I wish you the best with the exam results. I've dropped anatomy 3 times after freaking out about exams. Never have actually gotten a score back. Just freak out and run to drop the course. :eek:

Hotsplashes - you're right, the scale reading does so much for me. :yes:

little grasshopper
10-23-2003, 03:06 PM
Hi Tulip Fairy! Sorry your day is so hectic!! What kind of club do you have?

Yes, massage was wonderful!! Got rid of a good deal of stress and tension, and what that didn't get rid of - the hour of crying I did in the middle of my anatomy class took care of. Yep!! Thank god it's all massage students in there and they understand that massage mixed with stress will make you cry any day!! :) Felt good in the end but felt stupid at the time - oh well.

You're right - no more late night eating! I'm staying away from the scales for the next few days.....TOM and my late night snacking...not good.

Congratulations to all the losers amongst us!! And to everyone else to for still being here!! That's huge in and of itself!!!

Hotsplashes
10-23-2003, 05:59 PM
Congrats SB and Grasshopper on maintaining those losses! 4.5 lbs by xmas is very doable too! Just cut down on the starches and sugars. Stay away from pasta, bread, and taters. And watch those refined sugars! And like Tulip said...NO LATE NITE eating till AFTER Xmas!lol

Tulip, look who's talking busy?! You sound busier than me!

As for Anatomy class...I got a 99.8 in that class...of course it was equine anatomy.!LMAO...if it had been human, I'm sure I'd have freaked out too and prolly would have curled up in the fetal position under the desk during exams sucking my thumb!

Keep up the good work ladies...I'm going to be gone until Tuesday as I have to take 6 horses to a sale on Saturday and will be there til Sunday...then have to go racing on Monday...that means no days off for me until next Sunday!

Take care ladies and keep Scale Addicts Anon. up on the front board!!!

If anyone hears from Shelley...tell her to get her butt back in here!!

Southern Butterfly
10-24-2003, 03:14 PM
For my "offical" Friday weekly weigh-in, I was down another 1.2lbs. I jumped on the scale, I stood on it different ways, I stared in bewilderment, but it said 144.8!!

Hotsplashes - we'll miss you!!

Topaz
10-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Congrats SB! Speaking of bewilderment, I just had a scale adventure that only y'all can relate to - I just "happened" to get on the scale "accidentally" just now ;) and to my astonishment (and complete and utter disbelief) it told me I had lost seven pounds. Well, I most certainly have NOT. In 2 days? That's just ridiculous. It was obviously stuck or something, and I knew if I got off it, moved it around on the floor, and got back on, it would report something a lot more truthful. But I stood there and looked at it for quite a while, unwilling to give it up... :lol: Finally I got off, and yup, I was right, it was just stuck, and said 162 again. But boy, was that nice to see if only for that brief moment... :lol: I love it when that happens! :D

little grasshopper
10-24-2003, 03:50 PM
Topaz - that's too funny! One day they'll really say you lost those 7 pounds!! I know what you mean about not wanting to get off and get back on though! Sometime those scales can be such teasers!

I'm still boycotting the scales until after exams! Eating well, and exercising but I dont' feel like worrying about weight while I'm cramming for tests.

SB - Congratualtions!! Just think how those little losses add up!! Imagine where you'll be in 6 months!!

As for your A in anatomy - Hotsplashes......what's the secret!! I take it crying through you 5 hour class doesn't work???? I've tried that. :dizzy:

Everyone have a good weekend!! I've really enjoyed reading your posts this week! It's wonderful to know you're there!

Southern Butterfly
10-27-2003, 11:11 AM
I was scared to get on the scale this morning, so I didn't. We went to lunch with some friends yesterday and I ate bad things. So now, I'm avoiding the scales until Friday.

I hope everyone is doing okay???

little grasshopper
10-27-2003, 02:22 PM
Good afternoon SB! I'd said I was boycotting to but I got on the scales and found out I'd lost another pound. Of course I gained it back over the weekend. I'm not too worried about it - TOM this week and i ate late last night. You know how that goes.

Hope you had a good dinner with friends!

Well I'm off to work and study!! Have a good week all!

Tulip-Fairy
10-27-2003, 03:15 PM
Sorry i wasn't around over the weekend. My sister had her baby so we spent the day at her place, i made her and her family a 3 course lunch my girls washed up and tidied the kitchen afterwards then we sat and stared at the newborn for a couple of hours!!! ahhhhhh she's a sweetie, it's made me all broody!!!!:dizzy: Our lunch was healthy the dessert wasn't but i only had a really small piece so didn't feel so bad and due to breastfeeding we didn't have alcohol on the table so no sins there!!

Little Grasshopper, my club is a play club for 4-11yr olds. We provide childcare services for working / studing parents. 8am - 5:30pm during school holidays. It's a great job, tiring but fun...I even get to take my kids with me so don't have to worry about childcare!! Hope the exams go well - and what about this late night eating.....You'll get slapped wrists if you do it again!!! :^:

Topaz - a 7lb loss would be great...if i had been you i wouldn't have got back on to check it.......i'd have spent the day bieng smug that i'd lost all that wieght!!!!! I am such a fool :lol: :lol:

Hope you all had a good weekend - here's to a healthy eating weight loosing week!!!!!:lol: :lol: :smug:

Splashes...........we're missing you!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Tulip-Fairy
10-27-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Tulip-Fairy
my club is a play club for 4-11yr olds. We provide childcare services for working / studing parents.

Oops........I meant Studying Parents.......lol:lol: :lol: :lol:

While i'm here i'll comment on my days eating habits if i may?........... I have been to work all day and the kids spend most of it eating.....it's really hard not to pick at the crumpets / pancakes / crossiant / biscuits that they all have but i managed it!!!!

I have eaten really well today, i am going to reward myself with a nice hot bubbly bath and an early night, i've got another long day ahead of me tomorrow. I've also got the new David Beckham book to start on so it's an early night for me!!

See you all tomorrow!!
Tulip
~x~

little grasshopper
10-27-2003, 03:29 PM
TF - congratulations on the new baby in the family! My brest friend just told me she's expecting. I'm all excited for her!! can't wait to shop for clothes!

My eating has been pretty good today. We made spicy beef stir fry and brown/wild rice mix. I was worried BF and I weren't eating enough veggies so I made soups and stir fry for this week. I have mushroom/wild rice cream soup for dinner.

BF baked whole wheat bread and bran muffins. How GREAT is he!!!! So we're stocked for the next 5 days.

I would love to see the scales hit 135 this week - JUST LOVE IT!

Here's to a great week for us all!!! We deserve it and we're worth it!!

Hotsplashes
10-27-2003, 10:03 PM
HEllo my wonderful SAA Ladies!! I have missed all of you too! Did well inthe sales...sold the horses to the tune of $100k! And made some extra side money showing horses in the sale ring for another seller.

We placed second in the race...Jillybean was beat out by one length by a boy who was also a year younger than her...so I am going to be tooting my own horn since we had 3 vets and two trainers tell us that she'd never race again...I was crying when she came past the finish line...

I ate well this whole weekend but am afraid to step on the scales. I am brutally sick with a vicious flu that is going round up here and don't need to see bad news on the scales when I'm feelilng crappy as it is...

I'd like to say thanks to everyone for keeping SAA up on the front page...and CONGRATS to everyone!!

I'll be starting a new SAA thread on Friday so we don't have to keep going to the end of this one!! See everyone tomorrow!!

Southern Butterfly
10-28-2003, 11:16 AM
Welcome back, Hotsplashes!!!

Scale was bad today. It said that I gained 2.6lbs. How do you gain that much weight in 24hrs? It's a bad, bad lier!!

grasshopper - that stirfry sounds delicious!!

Tulip - you have amazing willpower to be around all that food everyday!!!

little grasshopper
10-28-2003, 01:11 PM
Welcome back Hotsplashes...you have the most interesting job!

SB - don't let the 2 pounds get you down too much..remember it's a life change, not one for this month..until you hit your goal...and then suddenly you get to eat whatever the heck you want and oddly enough - you stay skinny :) :) Wouldn't that great!!! On the other hand, I think those scales of yours need a serious talking to :)

On the bright side - while I still haven't made it to the gym - I did my entire exercise work out this morning, minus the 30 minutes of stretching I need to stay sane - I'll get that at work...and I spent an hour making flash cards for anatomy. Got a lot done this morning.

Friday I go to my ND to see if I'm as healthy as I feel.

Everyone have a good day!! I take two finals tonight - so I'd appreciate it if you send some good thoughts my way!! I can definately use it! :)

Stir fry was great but I fell victom to Panera Bread's black bean soup and salad today. Panera is my fast food now. An expensive change from Mcdonalds but I can study there and they actually have healthy things on the menu. It's cold an rainy here today - perfect for the soup.

little grasshopper
10-28-2003, 01:53 PM
okay, since I've been at work today I'm craving ANYTHING sweet! I don't want anything I've brought for lunch - and yet I am hungry and could eat all of it and not be satisfied!! I want sugar. I feel like I could eat everything in this office and not be satisfied if it's not chocolate!! I wish I could cheat and just have one bite - most of the time I can but I can tell that this is different.

I'm guessing it's from stress and TOM. I just have to get through today without eating everything I see!

Here's what i've eaten today....

1 egg - scrambled with olive oil
1/2 apple
lots of water

1 cup green tea

1/2 bowl of black bean soup
15 almonds

I'm not hungry, I'm just not satisfied either. Does that make sense???

Tulip-Fairy
10-28-2003, 06:20 PM
Ahhhhhh :eek: :eek: :eek: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: 6 chocolate biscuits fell into my mouth this afternoon, and blow it - i went and chewed them up and swallowed them by mistake!!!!!! I didn't even feel guilty afterwards i sort of sat there looking bewildered.....then had a 15 minute sugar rush and tidied up really fast!!! :D :D :D

So have decided not to step on scales until Sunday night.

I won't be around for the next couple of days as i'm off to the coast for a wet and windy break. We have a static caravan on the coast of cornwall (SW of UK) which has to be closed for the winter so have decided to take the girls down for the rest of the half term holidays.

Hopefully i will beable to resist all the clotted cream (local delicacy!) and eat mainly fish - with the odd glass of wine!! :s: :s:

Keep up all the good work - or hold those cravings till i get back....See you all on the new thread!! :)

Tulip
~x~

Hotsplashes
10-28-2003, 09:20 PM
All this talk about chocolate ALMOST makes me want some!lol However...with this cold I can't taste anything, smell anything, and most of all I don't want anything....I'm just not hungry. I'm forcing myself to eat and keep up the fluids because I KNOW I need it all. I had a veggie/chicken stirfry tonite because that's about the easiest thing I could make that was good for me.

As for the chocolate cravings...I feed them with Protien bars...I know they don't taste like real chocolate but after a few bites you get yourself convinced you've just eaten a HUGE candybar! Works everytime for me. And not only have I satisfied the sweetcravings, I've gotten in a protien requirement and eaten something healthy!

See everyone tomorrow...I'm not going to weigh myself until I feel better...i'm so light headed that when ever I bend down to pick up the scale I get dizzy so I have a ligit reason why I can't touch the evil scales!lol

little grasshopper
10-29-2003, 09:31 AM
Good morning guys, Hotsplashes, I hope you're feeling better...wipe the keys before you type - don't want any sickness coming our way :p just kidding!

Yesterday was just a bad bad day! By the end of the day I was sitting in my bed eating SF ice cream and had 2 bites of a chocolate chip cookie one of my class mates gave me - oh yeah and about 10 slices of salomi too. Bad day! Good news is I think I aced my finals! I have two more exams this week but they not as severe. Right now I'm feeling like I was crazy to leave a perfectly good career to go back to school.....I'm older than one of my teachers.....

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to get some protein bars today, just in case those cravings come back on strong!

Hope you're all big losers today :) :) Whip those scales into shape!

Southern Butterfly
10-29-2003, 11:33 AM
Hotsplashes - I hope you're feeling better soon!!

grasshopper - I wish I had the nerve to leave my job and really get going in school. I've been doing both, and it's killing me. I'd really like to just go and get it over with!!