Weight Loss Support - Enough is enough!

View Full Version : Enough is enough!

xkayers
09-16-2003, 06:19 PM
Okay.... that's it. Enough is enough! I am ready to lose!

I'm a 20 year old college student. I'm 5'8" and the last time I weighed myself, I was 183 lbs. I've been overweight since I was about 12 or 13. I was not a very happy person in middle and high school. On my 18th birthday, the summer before my senior year in high school, I learned that I was 230 lbs. I knew then that I had to do something... and for a while, things went well.

It's now two years later and I am almost 50 lbs. smaller. I did very well during my senior year, but I only lost less than 10 pounds during my whole first year of college. I've just begun my sophomore year, and I'm sick of this plateau. I need to begin challenging myself again and get real.

My short term goal is 164 lbs. (just enough to put me in the category of "normal," as opposed to "overweight" -- at least I'm no longer "obese"!) After that, I just plan on losing until I'm satisfied with my appearance, althought I think a good range for me would be between 145-155 lbs.

I'm not sure why I'm even posting, but I need to get this out there... just by typing this, I'm making myself accountable for me. I can do this!! Wish me luck... :-P

2cute2Bfat
09-16-2003, 09:27 PM
Katie... you are so far ahead of what you think.
Most freshman in college GAIN 15-20lbs... you LOST. Congrats !!
Develop an attitude of gratitude and I think you will see more progress. Attitude is EVERYTHING when it comes to happiness and weight loss. Hang in there.

redballoon
09-17-2003, 02:02 AM
xkayers, I hear you. You can do this. I'm in a similar position and am sick of being stuck and of not moving to the next level. I'm starting small, with little changes and challenges to myself. You can see them on the two challenge threads I've started on the support forum. Come and join us. It may help get you over the hump you're stuck on. OR, better yet, you can join us and set a great example for us by really kicking A! Good luck and hope to see more of you! :dancer:

Amarantha2
09-17-2003, 02:22 AM
I do wish thee luck, Katie!!! :wave: I also agree with 2cute, you've done a great job already, 50 :dance: s down rather than the freshman 15!!! Wowza!!! :cp: Please join in on any thread that tickles thy fancy. There's lots of support on this site!!! :wave:

xDas7x
09-18-2003, 10:42 PM
I hear ya Katie.. Im the same age as you.... and still have a long way to go :( sometimes i really do feel like giving up and nothing will ever come of it.... but i know i have to keep at it.. and not let myself down! sometimes i get in t hese ruts.... but the wonderful MB here usually helps keep me float!