South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 05:27 AM   #1  
Mous

Wink Let's have a HAPPY day at the Beach DAILY 9/16

So many times we don't even think... we just are...HAPPY.

For some of us it is the little things that makes us happy and puts a on our faces.

We can be happy and not even know that we are.
It can be contagious, too.
It is a WONDERFUL feeling to be happy.

What are some of the things that make YOU happy?

At some point in our lives this happy feeling was a four letter word.
We were in the doldrums.
We had lost the part of us that made us happy.
Where did it go?
How did we get it back?
Will it stay for good now?

I am here to tell you that

HAPPY is with us always..it is just silently waiting for the invitation to be a part of your life.
Invite HAPPY in today and let him/her walk with you forever.

Mom is getting better and our weather is topsy turvy!

Fall is in the air, then SUMMER returns.
Keeps us on our toes.

I am SO VERY PROUD of all of you.
This makes me happy and it is contagious.

Have a great day, Beach Beauties,

Marcie
Old 09-16-2003, 06:05 AM   #2  
In Control: E+R=O

Good morning Marcie and Beach Beauties yet to come. Marcie, I'm glad your Mom is doing better.

What a great topic today. I love being happy!! And happiness can be found everywhere, we just have to be open and receptive to it.

What makes me happy.... Well, I'd have to say that my dogs are at the top of that list. "Happiness is a warm puppy!" They always make me smile with their antics, and the unconditional love they have for me is one of the best feelings in the world. They don't care what I look like, they are always ecstatic to see me, and that makes me feel happy.

My family makes me happy.

The cool air and warm sun on my face yesterday made me happy as I took a walk outside during my lunch break.

Smiles and greeting from other people make me happy....so I try to return the favor by smiling at others and hope that makes them feel happy too.

Right now, baggy clothes make me happy! They mean I'm well on my way to success with my new WOL.

Completing a project or removing one more item from my cluttered desk at work makes me happy (there's a lot of happiness waiting to happen on my desk right now! )

And you all make me happy!! Coming here is always one of the highlights of my day, I love visiting with everyone here, the support and friendships make me very happy.

I have a busy day at work today, so I'm going in early, plan to be there by about 6:30 or so, so better get my butt moving. Have a great day chicks!!!
Old 09-16-2003, 06:52 AM   #3  
cranky & determined

Goood Morrrning Marcie, 2dog and later arriving Beachsters!

Well, I'm happy to say I'm back from the gym - got my cross-training time in and yesterday I had Hatha Yoga in the a.m. AND Pilates in the evening. That made me happy too.

Today I'm going back to work for a short term contract through mid-December

I'm happy to be back with my pals and colleagues and it's also nice to know I'll have loot for the holidays, too!

Happpy hugs to you all and have a great day on the Beach, Chickies!

ttfn
Old 09-16-2003, 07:18 AM   #4  
Member Florida Chick

Good Morning to all you Beach Beauties:

Marcie: Thanks for the 'happy' words.

I'm happy to be home again after a nice vacation.
Our little dog makes me happy.
Reading all your posts full of support make me happy.
My family makes me happy. Sunshiny days and lovely flowers make me happy. My DH makes me happy : most of the time.

I think that I am mostly a happy person.

I have been doing a lot of reading, trying to catch up. But I seem to have missed Ruthies post about Harry's improving health. Hope all is well.

Time to go walking, but I'll be back later. Lizzie
Old 09-16-2003, 07:42 AM   #5  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Good morning, all! I have decided to seek out joy today...it may be elusive, but I WILL find it! I will find it in the gap-toothed smile of my 7 year old, the warm embrace of my DH, the heart pounding rhythm of an exercise video, the solitude of the library, the new sexy black sandals I bought for our cruise, the never failing desire of our dogs to be in the exact same spot as I am, and especially in the love and support I find here!

Grandma Marcie! So glad to hear that greatgrandma is on the mend. You have good reason to celebrate life today...and everyday!

2dog-I, too, could generate a lot of happiness if I would get my backlog of projects in hand...I may try some of that today!

operadog-You are the exercise queen! So glad you have a contract to keep you employed through the end of the year. My DH is a government contractor and there have been some dicey moments! :

Lizzie-So glad you are happy to be home. As much fun as vacation is it just a different kind of "happy" to be back in your home, isn't it? Enjoy your walk!

I hope you all can either find, or CREATE happiness today! It will be an effort for me as I am having major mouth problems and pain, but with determination and the continued support of my friends here, I will SUCCEED!
Old 09-16-2003, 07:54 AM   #6  
Imagine...

I am happy I don't have the flu, as everyone in my family does. not sure how much exercise I got yesterday, but if I have to run up & down the stairs one more time I'm gonna scream

I know I will be VERY happy if Isabel turns out to sea, as we live 600 feet from the shore on the east coast.

I am happy for all of you. For your losses, for your friendship and for your continued support.

Have a happy day
Old 09-16-2003, 08:27 AM   #7  
Sunshine

S/C/G: 219/211.4/140

Height: 5'6

sflake, I am saying a prayer for you right now. Go out to sea Isabel. Marcie-thank you for the happy words and I pray for your mother too.

Franny-I feel you on the mouth bit. Me and the dentist are going to have a long love affair this year and next. Between the DD and myself. My mouth still is bothering me from last weeks digging(or is it the fact that my insurance covers 250 dollars a year???? and that is LONG gone?)

To the rest of the "beach beauties" (man do I llove typing that, sooo sexy!):

Today is the first day of the rest of our lives.

I am happy. Today is one of those days where I got out of work, said a bunch of prayers for people and really feel bright and cheery. I can honestly say that calling me "sunshine" is fitting.

I decided that after I take a nap, I am going to get my hair cut and styled. Feeling the need for a change. Going to get rid of some of the clutter and make a list of the things that I have to do with the home equity loan. (and keep to MOST of it) Then get cracking on doing it.

everyone have a GLORIOUS day!!!
Old 09-16-2003, 09:53 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone....did you know I was missing? I have been under the weather and just didn't feel like computering...I think I am on the mend now...but, I feel really weak. I don't know what kind of bug bit me but, it doesn't want to let go.
what makes me happy??
My grand kids
My dogs
My cats
a beautiful song
a good TV show
a Dallas Cowboy win!!
and NOT BEING SICK!!!
Old 09-16-2003, 10:17 AM   #9  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Good Morning, Beach Beauties!

What wonderful "daily", Marcie! Happiness is something I definitely will concentrate on today. I found it this morning when my DH brought coffee and a kiss to me when I woke. I just tried on some size 10's in my closet (capris that I bought last summer) and they fit!!! That really brought me happiness. I will try to spread some happiness later when I take my niece to the Dr. for her depression. She really needs cheering up now.

Sflake....take care of yourself. I know you are going through a tough time now.
Marcie...I'm so happy your mom is feeling better.
Whimsey....I missed you. Glad you're back!
Ladyonfire....bet you'll look great with that new hair cut!
Franny....I'm so sorry your mouth is so painful. Hugs to you today

To all my Beach Buddies......have a happy day on the Beach!

Remember....Happiness is like a butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it comes softly and sits on your shoulder.
~Sharon
Old 09-16-2003, 10:43 AM   #10  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WOW!! lots of "bright shiny faces" here this morning!!!

I'm happy because of my DH. My best friend and companion!
AND my 2 sweet boys, who make me happy MUCH more than they make me crazy!!!
And of course my sweet furry "baby" who jumps up on the bed for pats as soon as I wake up in the morning.
And all my wonderful friends, cyber and otherwise who tolerate my downs, and often lift me right out of them!!!
AND windy fall days with colored leaves rustling around. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Sflake-You must be really worrying right now. I hope that Isabel somehow turns back out to sea. I'll be sending lots of good vibes your way. And wind reducing, turn around vibes to Isabel!!!! ALSO, hope your family gets better soon.....WITHOUT you getting sick!!!

Marcie-Glad to hear your mother is doing better. It is very worrisome when our parents are having health problems.

Anna-YIKES!! You must be the exercise queen!! You are usually cooling down after your exercise when I am WAKING UP!!!!!

Whimsey-Of COURSE we noticed you were gone silly!! Glad to hear that you are feeling better and back to posting. We miss you when you aren't here!!!

2dog-CONGRATULATIONS on the baggy clothes!!! that would make me happy too!!! Sounds like you are having a HAPPY day!!!

Franny-Sorry that things are feeling rough for you right now. Hope that all the pain and frustration disappears SOON!!!

Lady-A new haircut and style; COOL!! That makes me happy too!! it is fun to just make a change sometimes!!! Have fun!!!

Lizzie, Deets and all the rest of the Bathing Beauties to come: HAVE A HAPPY DAY!!!
Old 09-16-2003, 12:58 PM   #11  
Imagine...

Whimsey~Silly girl we all noticed you gone so glad your feeling better. That bug is in my house and I'm not gonna let it get me!
sending healing vibes your way :

Deets and twodogmom~ way to go!

Ladyonfire~ A new do, how nice for you (hay it rhymes)

Anna ~ you are an inspiration you have banished alot of weight. Congrats on the job

Hi Franny, Den, Lizzie and anyone I might have missed.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:12 PM   #12  
Member Florida Chick

I'm back and I had a great walk this a.m. Otherwise this has not been a day other than restful. Except paying bills can be a bit on the ful side. Has to be done.

Ruth: Made the roasted Chickpeas this p.m. I understand what you mean about being addictive. What would you say is one serving? We used 1/4 cup for an afternoon snack, but could have eaten more. I changed the seasonings a bit, since we don't like too hot. Used onion powder, summer savory, Old Bay(which has a bit of heat) salt, Mrs. Dash and Cummin. I think that most any combination would work depending on ones taste. Thanks for the recipe. They are a 'keeper'.

Hope your toe didn't give you too much problem today. A broken toe can be really miserable.

Frannie: Hope your discomfort with the braces will soon be over. A liquid diet will probably make some lbs. come off fast. So there might be a positive side to the whole thing.

Sflake: The Flu You take care of yourself, so that you remain flu free. Your expeditions up and down stairs are just like a step class.

Hope everyone has been having a wonderful day on the beach. We will all pray that Isabel will get very weak, and just move out to sea. All the news can talk about is speculate on where and when. And now a new topic - insurance. And how the 'poor' insurance cos. might have to cancel policies again. Don't we pay big premiums to be protected and then they can just cancel, so that the profits are bigger. I better get off the soap box.

I guess that Andrew did put a couple of companies out of business, so maybe I shouldn't be too hard on them. I guess it is the constant speculation by broadcasters that get to me. (A different soapbox)

So far so good with my DH. He said "I know I shouldn't get on the scale yet, but I did and I think I have lost some weight. So he will keep being motivated. :

'See' you tomorrow. Lizzie

p.s. Love the biographies. It is fun to know a bit more about our cyber-pals.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Talking

Afternoon! I'm in a happy mood today too!

I guess another reason why I'm so happy is because I'm going to FL in December to visit my father and I can't wait. Although hubby said he would stay home and tend to our two cockatiels and african grey parrot. This will be our 2nd Christmas we haven't spent together. But he knows howmuch I need to spend with my dad and brother since I don't see them only about once a year.
Closed Thread