Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 09:28 PM   #1  
it's the getting up

Wink Just peekin' in

I just wanted to drop in, you all seem like so much fun! The chaos is right up my alley and the support seems amazing
Right now I am kinda doing an at home version of WW, being the broke college kid I am, I can't afford to buy healthy food and pay for meetings. So, I though 3fc would be a good place to get the moral support from, and there is soooo much knowledge floating around here it's great!
Old 09-15-2003, 10:12 PM   #2  
Hot Stuff

Welcome to our world!
Old 09-15-2003, 10:24 PM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome Sunseeker! I like your quote

Yeah, we are all a little crazy around here but there is a lot of support and friendship too
Old 09-16-2003, 05:46 AM   #4  
In Control: E+R=O

Welcome Sunseeker!! You'll have a great time here!
Old 09-16-2003, 07:59 AM   #5  
Imagine...

Welcome
Old 09-16-2003, 08:45 AM   #6  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Welcome Sunseeker!

(notice I didn't say nuthouse this time )
Old 09-16-2003, 11:19 AM   #7  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WELCOME SUNSEEKER!!!!! I think WW has a sliding scale (including free) so it might be worth calling and asking!!!

Squeak-TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!!!! IT IS A NUTHOUSE!!!!!
Old 09-16-2003, 11:33 AM   #8  
It is what it is...

Hey Sunseeker - I too am doing the WW plan from home...I dont think that you necessarily have to go to the meetings to get the benefit of the plan....when I was going to the meetings I was not getting much out of it - but maybe it was just my group, other meetings may be great...
I just love the freedom of the plan though...good luck!
Old 09-16-2003, 11:59 AM   #9  
it's the getting up

Default a little about why I'm here

Thank you all for the welcome, I thought maybe I should let you all in on why I am here. I just turned 24 in August and will be graduating this summer come **** or high water. Well, here's a bit of my story..... I went to school on a volleyball scholarship in 1997, and when I went into camp in August I weighed about 160 at 5'10. I was totally happy with that, I was strong and healthy. At the end of two weeks and 2-3 practices a day I was down to 143. It was the first time I was not able to cook for myself- all of our meals were to be eaten at the cafeteria not the healthest place in the world, so I ate a ton of salad. I had never been that thin and I was having some trouble, I was extremely tired and my trainers thought I was aniemic. But my coach couldn't of been happier- she was nuts to say the least and thought I was too heavy at 160. Shortly my boyfriend at the time and my parents came down as a suprise to watch me play as I was the only freshman starting and playing all of the time, needless to say they barely recognized me and got pretty weired out. So after the season with the coach from ****, I took some time off. Which ultimately made me decide not to play anymore. After two years of school, I was getting a lot of pressure from my boyfriend to come home, and I did- it was not a healthy relationship in any shape or form. Over the next 2 years I gained weight so rapidly it wasn't even funny. I had every blood test done known to man, to figure out what was happening. But ultimately it was the relationship I see now. I decided that I needed to go back to oregon and finish school and went back in 2001- best decision I've made in a long time. It was at that point I decided I needed to do something about my weight and I did. In six months I lost 25 lbs I was eating well, excercising, drinking tons of water and it came off. That was the easy part, my 4 year relationship was falling apart-not that it was awesome to begin with but it was still really hard. Ultimately 5 1/2 years later and 75lbs heavier he left me which was pretty devistating, we were building a house in alaska together from scratch pretty much, we had 2 dogs, just bought new vehicles- it sucked to say the least. So, here I am now almost 2 years (this christmas) since he left and my goal is to be done with all of the weight I gained while I was with my ex it no longer has a purpose. This is the only way that I can think of getting out of the past, because everyday it is a reminder. I am so tired of grieving and dealing with this, that break up is what I would imagine a divorce feeling like. And I have asked myself sooo many times is this weightloss thing and I'm gonna get you back, and I can say whole heartedly, **** no. I don't ever want to be the type of person I was with him again. I had a quote on my end line last week a couple of times which said "Let it go. Living well is the best revinge." And right now I believe that because I have nothing more to give, other than love, support, and compassion to myself and that is what is going to get me through this journey! And I will make it, I have added weights to my routine this time and uped my cardio to 45-60 minutes and its pretty awesome. I realized that I haven't been under 200 lbs. in 4 years. That is a huge motivator for me right now. I am so excited about finding this site, it will be a great tool in this journy. So here it is my ultimate goal is to be back down to 150-155 within a year. Let the hard work begin. So, probably more than you wanted to know but I haven't thought about this stuff in a while.

Last edited by sunseeker_ak; 09-16-2003 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:00 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

MORAL support? I thought this was about immoral support! Dammit!

Welcome, sunseeker and satine.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:11 PM   #11  
It is what it is...

Ruthxxx - I could use some immoral support, ha...thanks for the welcome...

Sunseeker - interesting read...well we are both starting at over 200 pounds and I would love to be under 200 by Christmas or earlier....WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2003, 12:37 PM   #12  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Whew! That is quite the story Sunseeker
You seem to be working through a lot of stuff and I am sure this will help you work toward your goal
If you need some help or have any questions don't hesitate to post - everyone here is very helpful and supportive.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:43 PM   #13  
Imagine...

Sign me up for the over 200 club.

Sunseeker, it sounds like you know where you are going and how you are going to get there, Good for you!

Satine Yes we can do it I will take whatever I can get; moral or immoral!
Old 09-16-2003, 12:55 PM   #14  
It is what it is...

Thanks, SFlake - I am turning 30 on the 29th of this month and I want 30 to be the year that I got thin and in shape...I spent so much wasted time in my 20's just eating and being heavy....
I am looking forward to my thin 30's........................
Old 09-16-2003, 01:09 PM   #15  
Imagine...

Happy early birthday, what a nice present to yourself. I did the same thing (LOL I'm not 30 but) for my 41st birthday I bought myself a present, the south beach diet book and so far so good....
Closed Thread