Weight Loss Support - 300+ and Ready to Try Again... # 409

2cute2Bfat
09-15-2003, 12:26 AM
WELCOME !!!! :wave:

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 pm EST, 7:30 pm CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!

2cute2Bfat
09-15-2003, 12:46 AM
It is nearly midnight so this will hopefully be short and sweet... but who knows. LOL

I had a pretty good weekend. I always enjoy my daughter when she comes home. She helps me out so much ... plus we just enjoy each others company. My other daughter and I are getting much closer too. It is nice when they grow up and they are friends as well as children. :)

Today we celebrated my husband's and youngest daughters birthdays. It was a nice day. Nice weather wise and a nice day celebrating here at home with everyone. I did have a small piece of garlic bread and a slice of birthday cake but otherwise did good. :D

After everyone left... I put on my suit and got into the 76 degree water and exercised. Brrrrrrrr It was cold... but not too bad. Once you start exercising you build up body heat. It is just that first time going totally full body into the water that WAKES YOU UP !!!! LOL

We decided not to close down the pool before vacation. We still have hot and cold days here in Oklahoma and I want to take advantage of every warm day we have. Does anyone know where I could order an EXTRA EXTRA LARGE wet suit ??? Aren't they used to keep divers warm when diving in cold water?? I would swim year round if I could just keep warm enough. Well ... maybe not Dec- Feb but all the rest. :yes:

Okay... no time for replys now. Hopefully in the morning.
Just wanted to thanked Syn for her post... it was inspiring for me.
Thanks so much... and also to Andria. I think you also wrote some awesome stuff that really hit me personally. I will try to reply to them tomorrow.
Tonight... time for bed. Good night.

PheonixRising
09-15-2003, 02:02 AM
2Cute-Try Junonia. They have plus size active wear in all sorts of sizes, including some wetsuits.

Today was a busy day, and tomorrow will be the same. So, tonight I'm just sending a "Hello" and hope you are all doing well. :wave: I'll catch up with you tomorrow sometime.

peekabooangel
09-15-2003, 07:09 AM
Morning Chicklets,

Today is a new day and a new start for this chick. I'm sitting here thinking, you know, Sandy, it is not that bad, you know all the right things to eat and how to stay on track. And I know that there are little sweet things out there to curve that indulgence factor that hits all the time lately. And I have to start those walk away the pounds tapes again, I really love them, just make myself do them is the thing now. But my plan for today is to stay on track and stay within my points as soon as I go look that up again. The WW plan seems to work for me so thats what I'm gonna do. I got to go read up on the flex points too. One really good thing happened this weekend, probably the best thing that could have here at home while I was away. Hubby had an extra 12 year old boy here and a babysitter 15 here all weekend, and guess what these four lovely angels did? They cleaned me out of all junk food and then some. It seems they ate all but the kitchen sink. I know it's not thankful Thursday, but I am thankful for that and have no excuse to refill the cupboards with all that junk cause none of us in this house need it!!!

Okay, I have gotten long winded again sorry. I will be back later today to do all my personal replys, but right now I have to scoot these 2 kiddos out the door for the school bus and finish getting myself ready for work.

Hugs,
Sandy

Grannie39074
09-15-2003, 07:28 AM
Good Monday morning all
Hope all of you are bright and bushy tailed this morning. It is the start of a new week and a new you.;)

I went off program some this weekend. Weekends are bad on me.
I had one diet soda, kfc, fish sand, and ff.

Sandy glad to see you back from your week-end.

well I better run I have to shower, eat and go to work.

Catch you all later

Terri in MO
09-15-2003, 07:44 AM
Good morning ladies!

No time for individual replies. Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. Time is short as I need to be getting ready for work plus I can't remember who posted what yesterday afternoon! :o

I spent several hours yesterday getting my paperwork all caught up. Good grief, I must have neglected a lot of things the last three weeks. I track all the bill stuff on the computer plus I can and shred almost all the paperwork so that was what I was catching up.

I did get myself out for a bike ride. I started out thinking I wouldn't be able to get in my 50 minutes as planned and would be happy to get 30. But once I got past 30, I hung in there and got my planned 50. I even did more upslope riding and it didn't kill me!

Tonight is discipleship class so I'm not sure what exercise I'll get in between work and class, if any. I will have to walk the dog tonight. I did cheat him last night because I finished my bike ride just in time for the Sopranos. No way I was walking during Sex and the City and had to watch Carnivale. So, he got cheated.

I'm back off my eating the house down streak and ready to be back on track.

Have a great day! I'm running late already.

Sandy - Welcome back!

pjkdreamer
09-15-2003, 08:26 AM
Morning My feathered lovelies!:dance: :dance:

I haven't been awake long enough to respond properly, but I will just say....you all mean more to me than you will ever know. Having this site to come to (especially at the beginning of my day), has given me another reason to get out of bed in the morning), there was a day (not that long ago), that I dreaded it because I was so miserable, and some days I literally just muddled through, existing really, BUT THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER, I AM ENJOYING MY LIFE, AND ALL OF YOU PLAY SUCH A VITAL ROLE IN THAT. So, thanks to each of you. I love you all.

DONT FORGET DR PHIL STARTS HIS NEW SEASON TODAY, AND THE WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE! I have my VCR set to tape it.

Gotta get moving chickies, got to exercise now so I make certain I do not start looking for excuses!:lol: :lol:

toodles:wave:

BarbPA
09-15-2003, 08:28 AM
Hi Gals -
Just popping in for a quick "Hello". :) We are having a wonderful time. Yesterday we went to Animal Kingdom for most of the day. Last night we went to a private dinner party in Epcot. It was so neat - they took us in a back entrance and we ate in a club above Norway. Then they took us over to France for dessert on a patio overlooking the lake and the Firework/Laser show. :D . Jeff is working most of today with the conference. I am going to get dressed and go workout in the heath club and then plan on laying by the pool with a book for a while. Depending on what time I come in I may go do some shopping in the Disney Market place. Jeff managed to double book us for dinner tonight so I am not sure what we are doing.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I'll talk to you soon!
:)Barb

qsilver
09-15-2003, 10:37 AM
Hey everyone :)

It's my birthday! It's my birthday! It's my birthday!!!

In case you can't tell, I'm rather fond of my own holiday. :) Today is the one day I can be totally high maintenance without anyone commenting to the negative. And, to be honest, I'm enough of a brat about celebrating, that I usually manage to eke out an entire week of partying. :) My friend Fae treated me Saturday to breakfast at a yummy place and then a shoulder massage. She is an incredible massage therapist. Shoulder massages with her begin at your finger tips and don't end until you feel like you've been through an amazing physical and emotional release. Yesterday was a family party at my brother and SIL's place. They made my favorite chocolate cake with a chocolate and raspberry frosting. Oh, and candles that said 29 on them. I laughed so hard. DH is taking me to dinner tonight thanks to a gift certificate he picked up. Tomorrow one of my sisters is taking me out, but I'm not sure what we are doing. See, told you I'm a brat! And I love every second of it! :D

See you all later. I'm going to head in early to work to get a few things done and have less stress because there isn't enough time to do them. :)

Andria

j-ann
09-15-2003, 10:56 AM
:gift: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDRIA
Hope you have a fantastic day!
:balloons:

j-ann

kfs151
09-15-2003, 11:05 AM
First of all, Happy Birthday Andria :encore:

2cute, I have a diveskin that I use when I go scuba diving. It is from www.divegoddess.com and comes in a bunch of sizes and really cool fabrics. The downside is they only do lycra so it is not as warm as a neoprene wetsuit.

Definitely have my VCR set for Dr. Phil today. I'm about half-way through his book and some interesting insights so far. I agree with him that we make the choice to have the food or not exercise or whatever...

2cute2Bfat
09-15-2003, 11:23 AM
Just a quick hello.
I have soooooo much to do before heading out on vacation Wed.

Amanda... you have got my number. LOL We ARE quite a bit alike.
In fact.. so much alike I feel sorry for you. :lol:
Thanks for the info on a wet suit.

Kat... CONGRATS on your 3.6lbs !!!! Last May WW had everyone mail themselves postcards too. My daughter recieved hers and she reached her goal !!! It was pretty neat.

Lori... I have tried to correct errors before when starting a new thread... and it would only fix it on my post... not the title itself. Did they change our abilities or do you have special capabilities like a monitor ?? I once wrote Redy instead of Ready and I could not fix it. Grrrr

Barb ... that is so cool you got to post while on vacation. Hopefully the hotel we stay at will have internet access too. :crossed:

Syn... sounds like there are several of us who have just moved.
I STILL have boxes in my garage AND at the old house. I truly feel sorry for you being in the house and having carpet laid and painted. It sure was nice that we could wait until the painting and carpeting was done before we moved in. Just relax the best you can.

Tracy .. You definitely had bad luck Sunday. Hopefully today will be much better for you.

Andria... Happy birthday to you... happy birthday to you ... Happy birthday dear ANDRIA !!!!! Happy birthday to YOU .
:hb: :hat: :gift: :dance: :cb: :grouphug: :twirly: :balloons: :lucky: :cp: :joker:
Enjoy your day.... uh... I mean WEEK !!! :lol:

Pam... I FOUND YOUR PHOTO !! I am happy to say you are now on my board too. :D
And let me add... YOU brighten our days too. :yes:

Sandy ... WELCOME HOME. You sound ready and positive !!!

Mary .. weekends are hard for a lot of us. Less structure I think.

Terri... your quote sounds perfect plan to me.my goal has been to get down to 235 before I go and then maintain that through the holidays. I like that plan. Work HARD today and each day until Thanksgiving. Maybe even lose another 20lbs... and then maintain it until January. :yes: I like that.

J-ann... Hi. :wave: Make some time to come back and post.

Okay... I am out of here. I am going to be very very busy the next couple of days so this will probably be my last post of replys. It just takes so much time... and time is something I don't have much of right now.
Love you all.

2cute2Bfat
09-15-2003, 11:31 AM
Kim .. You snuck in on me while I was posting.
Welcome to our little group. I always love it when a newcomer joins in.

Thank you so much for the wet suit info. I don't know anything about materials used.. how cold does it get scubba diving?
What is the coldest water you have swam in wearing this?
I imagine it gets pretty cold in Mass. but then again... you probably only scubba dive in the summer.

I am headed to that web site right now. Thanks again.

Syn
09-15-2003, 11:46 AM
Happy birthday ANDRIA
Welcome Kim

And greetings to all the rest...

Here is to a super OP week for us all....

I have much to do before tomorrow so I best stick my head in yet another box.....I have learned my lesson about being a pack rat...
If it isn't absolutely beautiful and 100 % useful to you pitch it!!!! I need to call 1-800-pack rat's annoymous!! lol Cold turkey garage sales and antique shops.....and my new favorite slogan should be if it can't love you back you don't need it!!;)

I am still OP since Friday! Yeah *pats self on back* not an easy task....:lol:

Toodle doooooooooooooo

2cute2Bfat
09-15-2003, 11:54 AM
Kim... just went there and saw that largest size is only to 220lbs.
I saw on your siggie that you started at 300 and now 262, did these fit you ??
Usually if panty hose says fits up to 220 that really means 120. :lol:

2cute2Bfat
09-15-2003, 12:05 PM
Syn.. you snuck in on me this time. LOL
I loved your slogan... "If it can't love you back then you don't need it." LOL

kfs151
09-15-2003, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I've been hanging out on the low-carb board and just recently (like yesterday) found this area.

I mostly scuba dive in the Caribbean (my check-out dives in Massachusetts were enough of that!) so the water is usually in the low 80's. I've used my diveskin in Bermuda as well and the water was in the 70's. After an hour or so I was a little chilled but as I am naturally insulated it wasn't a big deal :lol:

I just checked their site and had no idea they had such low weights posted as their "sizes". My diveskin (along with the rest of my gear) is actually down in the Caribbean at my in-laws so I can't check but my suit is either a 3 or a 4 (I think!) and it fit fine at 300+. I'm 5' 3" so I have the usual problem of too much material in the arms and legs in order to fit elsewhere. And of course, lycra is very forgiving....

j-ann
09-15-2003, 01:15 PM
:dizzy: :?: Quick Question:

I'm looking for a one mile walking tape (audio casette or CD) that is for a rank beginner with "not so good" knees. Maybe one that starts at a crawl then, once I can do that one, goes to one a little faster, etc. I really want to walk outdoors as long as the weather holds out.

Any suggestions?

j-ann (Who gets tired just thinking about starting an exercise program.)

peekabooangel
09-15-2003, 01:31 PM
Here it is after 1:00 and I am OP still, and actually not all that hungry. I tried the eatting breakfast thing, works wonders especially if its a good breakfast and not just a fast food thing....for shame on me:( for the old habits but praise me for the new;) .

Breakfast: I had an apple with some pb on it and a blueberry bagel.

Lunch: I just had a can of Healthy choice Spicy gumbo something or another? I have the label in my pocket but not the name of it....I saved the label so I can figure the points out when I get home. And I added a small can of carrotts to it, cause I wanted more, so I thought anyway, and the carrots kind of bulked it up you know.:dizzy:

Okay on to replies that I owe for like 4 threads that I missed.:o

First......Lori

from 2cute
Okay... Lori.... I have to ask.
HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND ????
Isn't that a picture of "The Problem CHILD" in your avatar?
What are you doing back with him??

I have to admit, I thought it was him too. And was wondering why you would be back with him and what was up with that.

SYN: :) Patting you on the back for staying on plan since Friday. Sorry the posting fairies got to your long post, I just hate when I forget to hit the copy button when I have made a long post.

2CUTE: They are gonna have you swimming in that pool year round. How cold does it get there anyway? Here in Maine, well it gets darn cold and the water freezes you know, you could ice skate on it:lol: .

KIM: Welcome to the thread, hope your sticking around for a while with us, we are a great bunch of people.

J-ANN: I'm with you!!! I loved Syns post and could hear my own voice repeating those very words. I'm here for you to help you and whoever else has a dream to achieve. :D

ANDRIA: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ANDRIA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!:hb:

BARB: Sounds like a wonderfully fun filled vacation. I want to be there.:flow2:

PAM: Wakey~Wakey, Rise and Shine. We all love you here too. I love coming here in the morning and starting my day too, especially when I want the insiration, cause these girls can really lift your spirits. I will try to remember to check out Dr. Phil today too.:cheers:

TERRI: I can't wait to ride a bike again. I so envy your posts about it. Just got to get this butt down a few sizes so it will fit on a bike seat:yes:

MARY: Sorry I cut you short this morning, but the kids where out at the end of the driveway waiting for the bus and screaming to the top of their lungs at each other, and I am sure woke up the neighbors.....ugh Kids.....always fighting about something. Hope your day went well:)

AMANDA: Hey there chicklet, where ya been? I know busy busy, and I have been busy busy and we just keep missing each other, and I miss our chats. Hope to catch ya soon, nice to see you back on the boards.:df:

TINA: Sending you kleenex, hugs, chicken soup and Love!!! Hope you are feeling better today. How was your first back to WW weigh in? :grouphug:

KAT: Congrats on the 3.6 lb loss this past week. You rock chicklet, keep up the good work. And I noticed you said the book did not have TGIF in it, but this link will help with points to almost everywhere you can imagine.....

Dotties Weight Loss Zone (www.dwlz.com) I went and checked and it was there, good luck. I love this sight.:hun:

NATALIE: Hope your toe is back to normal and you arn't in to much pain. Hope you did not break it, I know there is nothing to be done for a broken toe:?:

TRACY: Welcome back again. Glad you returned. We are here whenever you need us.:)

MISS MELISS: Hope your doing well, you havn't posted in a few days.

CONNIE: Glad all went well and your on the mend and back to work. Hope they don't get to strict with the usage of the computer time.:comp:

DUCKIE: So nice to see you. Glad the job is working out and you like it and it is going well. Come back when you can.:sunny:

JOE-ANNE: Hope you are feeling better, and not visiting the bathroom so much anymore. Sending you hugs and soup too.....How many classes are you taking this time? What are you getting a degree in? Sorry if you already told us, I must have missed it?:?:

Okay chickpees I think I got everyone that has posted the past 4 threads, if I missed anyone it was not on purpose my any means and know that I love everyone here and would not mean to forget anyone.

I will be back later to report supper. Pretty soon you will be sick of my posting again. But, I'm trying to stay back up on this wagon with you all and if it takes posting like a fool to help me along, so be it, hope you don't mind....

Love ya,
Sandy

justme2338
09-15-2003, 03:25 PM
Well thank you all for the sympathy over my poor, poor little big toe. I'm feeling much better, after a Sunday full of ice packs and elevation I'm not limping anymore and I am going to attempt the mini-trampoline this evening. :eek:
Everything else is going well. I ate very light this weekend and I am feeling much better than last week. It must have been PMS because I am much more positive this Monday than last.
It's only 7 more pounds to Onederland. I absolutely cannot wait. I haven't decided how I will celebrate but it's going to be good. I'm sure there will be a lot of jumping around and shouting. But I'll have to get myself something extra special.

I don't have time to do individual replies today, but I say hello to everyone! Hope you are all enjoying your day.

:) :) :)

loranden
09-15-2003, 05:28 PM
OK, I'm not going to try to have any more senior moments....:lol:

Today was another early day, and I can't even blame it on the cat brats this morning; it was the phone company at fault today. I switched from AT&T back to Verizon, effective today. I had AT&T for all my services for over a year, because they initially offered me this great calling package last year. Sure, OK, I sign up for it like an idiot. Seemed every month, the bill kept getting higher and higher, and I make VERY FEW, if any regional/long distance calls, and my old dial-up modem number was a local exchange (I made darn sure of that, yes I am a cheapie at times :lol: ). My neighbor lady said MCI pulled the same stunt with her.

So the good old folks at Verizon offered me a whale of a deal to return to their service--I was able to get their Freedom Package at an even lower rate than recently advertised. WOW! I can even dump my answering machine in the closet now since I got modern and have voice mail (part of the package :D ) on my line, even when it's busy. I opted for it and the Caller ID, since those are the only options I'll even use. No use paying for other things I won't use, even if they did try to sell them to me.

Anyhoo, the Verizon guy was at the door at 8:30 this morning--a real cutie pie at that--and wouldn't you know YOURS TRULY was still in her nightie, hair askew, no make-up, cat food bowl in hand, when the doorbell rang. God, I must've been a sight for this guy to see :lol: So much for the start of my day, but hey, it sure beats seeing cat butt in my face....

Oh yes, before I forget....HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDRIA! :balloons: Enjoy your day--you earned it!

thinthinker
09-15-2003, 06:26 PM
Howdy, everybody! :wave: I've been a busy beaver lately. Besides working some regular mundane jobs, I had a couple of theatre jobs this weekend too.

Here's is my movie critics review:
We saw Once Upon A Time In Mexico. I think they rounded up all of the great Hispanic actors/actresses they know: Cheech Marin, Selma Hayak, Penelope Cruz, topped it off with Antonio Banderas and if that wasn't good enough, they threw in Johnny Depp just for the he!! of it! It was a pretty good flick. There was a good plot, but it was a bit dis-jointed. Hard to tell who the good guys and who the bad guys were at times.

Then we saw Matchstick Men with Nicholas Gage. It's about a con man who finds his long lost 14 year old daughter. Very good flick.

We also saw Second-Hand Lions with Michael Caine, Robert Duvall and Haley Joel Osmentt. Now this was a GREAT movie. It's wonderful for all ages. Just a wonderful flick. We saw it on a 'sneak preview'. It will be released the 19th.

Food has been pretty decent. I was disappointed that I was unable to go to WW for WI (not Wisconsin) this morning as I was out to work early. I looked up other locations and I can go tomorrow morning instead at 9:30.

I only have two more store resets to do. A one day this week on Wednesday and a two day next week on Tuesday and Wednesday. I guess I never realized how much I really like my job, doing something a little different every day. Because now that these resets have been taking up most of my life since the beginning of August, I can't wait for it to all be over.

Tracy: It's good to see you! WW is very easy to follow and if you want to be more on the low carb side you can do that too. The points are instead of counting calories and it's very easy.

J-Ann: You're not going to believe that I had just come across your e-mail address the day you first posted and I thought, "gee, I wonder what J-Ann is up to?" And there you go and post! I was sooooo excited.

Barb: Hope you have a great vacation.

Steph/Bobsgal: It was good to see you, but now you're gone again. :(

Tina: That was a wonderful post. You certainly had everyone pegged just right. We all love you too, sweetie. You're a big part of this thread! [[[hugs]]]

2cute: Sounds like you had a great birthday celebration at your house this weekend. Hope you get your packing for vacation done real soon. Don't want to go WITHOUT clothes! ;)

Andria: Sounds like your writing career is really taking off. Congratulations! What a great post! The actual saying of "I'm Ready" is the first important move. We spend too much time 'thinking about it'. Oh, and BTW: Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Andria! Happy Birthday to you!

Mary: Sorry I wasn't around to chat with you on Saturday night! :(

Kat: WOW, great weightloss this week! You go, girl! :cheers: Check the PM for info on where to find info on TGIFriday's, since we're not supposed to advertise other websites here.

Pam: Sounds like you're doing alot of walking lately. That's GREAT!

Amanda: It's good to see you back again.

Melissa: 1 pound, GREAT!!! :dancer:

Natalie: Another pound, WONDERFUL! :bravo: Sorry to hear about the toe. You probably broke it and the bad thing is there's no way to fix it. You just have to suffer. As much as I want you to be down that other 7 pounds as quickly as possible, you might want to hold off for just a bit......you won't be able to jump up and down until your toe heals! :lol:

Connie: Glad you're on the mend.

Duckie: Glad to see you. You sound so busy.

JoeAnne: Hope your house is rid of it's flu-like symtoms by now.

Sandy: Glad you had a great time for your weekend away.

Terri: Congrats on getting that test passed! :cp:

Lori: No needles for me! Even if they are good for you. I'm one BIG baby! :bb:

Syn: It's so good to see you back here. You've been missed.

Kim: Thanks for stopping by with that info for 2cute. Will you be joining us??? We'd love to have you.

I don't remember who said they went to Fuddrucker's but the fish sandwich there is wonderful, if you want something besides a burger. They use a yellow fin tuna steak. Very yummy.

Well, my dears, I think I have finally caught up. We certainly have grown into a nice big group and there were still several missing. It's good to see all the lovely faces!

Gotta run, time for dinner. :hun:

j-ann
09-15-2003, 06:46 PM
SHORT AND SWEET ........:dance:

I LOST FIVE LBS. this week. Doin' the happy dance!!

:dancer:

Storms a comin' gotta turn the computer off. Darn it.
j-ann

MichelleK
09-15-2003, 06:50 PM
Gee Lori...I have switched phone services on several occassions and I NEVER had a phone guy come to the house! Whats up with that?

This is going to be a shorty post! I am so exhausted from the birthday parties yesterday! 17 kids and 20 adults at chuck e cheeses, then 12 adults and 4 kids at my house for a BBQ! As soon as I get off here I am getting our clothes ready for the morning then jumping in the shower and hitting the hay!

You all have a great night! I am hoping we don't get that hurricane here! I had to vacate my house in RI the last hurricane I lived through!

TTFN Michelle

peekabooangel
09-15-2003, 06:56 PM
:cb: WAY TO GO J ANN!!! :cb:

QueenB
09-15-2003, 07:50 PM
First of all.... let me say that I haven't read any of this thread yet, I will be coming back to do that. But I did want to give you my WI (not Wisconsin) report.

First off.... let me say I LOVE going to my meeting on Mondays. I like it mainly because I'm off on Mondays and I have all day to be a slug before I have to get ready to go. :yes:

Anyways....just wanted to share this with you first: So I'm on my way to the meeting and I'm nervous anyways, so I flip on the radio and "Maneater" by Hall & Oates is on, so right away.... I'm feeling empowered. After it's over, I flip to the next station and "She don't know she's beautiful" by Sammy Kershaw was on.... I'm like, "Hmm, is there a theme going here?" Well, the kicker was when that song was over, I flipped the station again and "Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison was on. At that point, I knew it was ON! NO MATTER WHAT that scale said..... I felt good, I looked good and darn it, I AM good! So there you go.

Oh yeah.... I lost 8.8 lbs. this week! :cb:

Check out the new stats!!

peekabooangel
09-15-2003, 08:26 PM
:bravo: YAHOO TINA :bravo:

katrinabgood
09-15-2003, 09:09 PM
Hey, Tina! Hot stuff! You ARE a pretty woman AND a big loser! Congrats!
Michelle, good to hear from you, you too, Thin! I missed you both!
Andria, Happy Birthday! Have fun...BTW...you are a great writer!
J-ann: Way to go! Great new start!
Natalie, Easy on the trampoline, miss...take care of that toe!
Sandy, thanks for the info...thank you too, Thin! Lots of good info at her site! BTW...welcome back to the wagon!
2cute, I admire your tenacity about your swimming...how long will it stay warm enough in OK?
Syn...No mean feat, staying OP since Fri...atta girl!
Mary...if weekends are bad, make the rest of the week GOOD and it should all balance out.
Terri...Good job on getting some riding time in. I always tell myself i just need to do 20-30 minutes...anything after that is a bonus! I didn't get my bike out today...weather's too iffy. I actually miss it when I don't ride!
Amanda...welcome back!
Kim, welcome to our merry group...
Lori...phone man, huh?

I wanted to make this quick...that's impossible. Just wanted to let you all know I got my butt back to the gym tonight. It felt good. I used the stair stepper, some upper body weight machines and walked the treadmil as I watched Seinfeld...

Dh is yelling at me to go to bed...I have to work tonight...puh-leeze...

who needs sleep?

Grannie39074
09-15-2003, 09:27 PM
Bad Mary Bad

Stepping Out
09-15-2003, 10:07 PM
Just peeking in to say:

Tina & J_ann: YOU ROCK!! :cb: :cb: :dancer: :dancer: :dance: :dance:

Andria: Happy Birthday!! :hat: :balloons:

It's good to "see" everyone! I'm visiting a new TOPS chapter tomorrow night. I'm also looking forward to what Dr. Phil has to say-I'll be watching the show tomorrow afternoon (our local station shows the new episodes each night and reruns them the next day). I'm still struggling with discouragement, but

I'm Not Giving Up!! :D :D

Terri in MO
09-15-2003, 10:21 PM
:bravo: to J-Ann, Tina and Natalie for your losses! :dancer:

Watching Dr. Phil now.

Happy Birthday Andria!!

:flower:

Terri in MO
09-15-2003, 10:41 PM
STOP! JOIN US ON THREAD #410!