Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 08:05 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia # 104

Good morning-the dog is crazy because he is on prednisone-in, out, in, out and that's at night!!!!Did my bit of waking up for 2 hours!!Had a good time with Jessica-we saw FReaky Friday-it was a great picture for teens. Cake and ice cream sound yummy Candice. My DIL's mother is coming for dinner tomorrow night instead of today so we have a Sunday to ourselves. We have to give Cassidy his flea bath. Hope it stops raining and gets warmer. That should be fun. My new closet held up-Gotta go eat-it's a Sunday for French toast I think. Mima
Old 09-14-2003, 10:45 PM   #2  

Well, I made it through the BD with 24 pts for the day! Eating today has been really good too, fruit, a salad, and WW meal, small piece of cake, cottage cheese and another piece of fruit and some v-8 and a cookie and some pts left for my Kashi later!

Boxed up the rest of my sons cookies sto send out Monday..so no more temptation!

Thanks for the new thread Mima, and what kind of dog is Cassidy?
Old 09-15-2003, 06:24 AM   #3  

Cassidy is a Keeschund. He's suppossed to have really long hair but we clipped him this summer and then he got fleas-they couldn't reach him before. We gave him a flea bath yesterday so today I put the Advantag e on hime. Hope that does it or it's back to the vet, Candice, you are an inspiration-I am going to watch Dr Phil at 3 today. He has good things to say. 7 steps but first one is in your mind-I believe that, We keep making excuses. Hubby just got up. Happy Birthday Anagram-hope your day is special!!!Mima
Old 09-15-2003, 10:22 AM   #4  

Default Hey There

Meme- First day to start without carbs. I hope when the sugar level drops I don't get fuzzy. I read that artical about the apples too and I also went out and bought apples. They are still in the fridg. Two weeks without fruit,hope I make it.I have a lot of fruit in the fridg. Hope it doesn't spoil.
Mima- The advantage should work..That is what we used on our peke. He had really long hair too. I also trimed him in the summer.
Hello everybody...Joanne
Old 09-15-2003, 09:05 PM   #5  

Hi, all. Thanks for good wishes. Had a nice birthday lunch yesterday with kids and kidlets. Nice gifts, cake, just pleasant.

Pleasant today and lazy. More cake. After dh dr. visit, we ate outdoors at a little place along the river. Nice, almost romantic.

Tomorrow I get my car detailed - gift I requested from dh.
Lazy, lazy, lazy. Back on wagon soon.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:52 AM   #6  

Anagram... that sounds so nice! I'm jealous!

Joanne...I'm trying something similar except I'm eating an apple 30 minutes before each meal and I'm not restricting myself to 3 meals a day. I'm eating when I'm hungry and I'm eating mainly protein. I didn't get hungry until late today so I had my apple first then waited an hour because after the apple I wasn't really hungry right away. Then I had an egg. I had some chicken about 3 then had Tacos for dinner - without the shell. So the meat, cheese and beans counted as protein and I put some lettuce and tomatoes on top. At the same time I'm trying to be careful not to go over 1200 calories a day. I really would like to lose 10 pounds before vacation time and that's a little less than 3 weeks away!

I use Advangate on Sami and she doesn't have any fleas or ticks... and we live in the country! There's a hay field bordering our yard and she's always rolling around in it, too! All pets are expensive if you take care of them like you should ... even fish! Hmm...what am I going to do with my fish while I'm gone??? Paula always takes care of them and she's going with me this time?
Old 09-16-2003, 03:10 AM   #7  

My dog is alergic to the flea meds, gets really sick andthis eyar we figured she didn't need any more agravation and she is indoors all the time now.

Meme..it is not healthy to lose 10 lbs in 3 weeks If I eat fruit by itself I get really bad hunger pains..they say it is the glycemic thing going on so I try to eat a dab of protein with it.

Anna..glad you had a nice BD..a river..sounds nice

Mima...I'm not sure I know what Cassidy looks like, I have not heard of the name before????????????

Joanne...I cannot do without my fruit...get all plugged up

Today was cleaning day and I'm pooped, then ran to toon for some groceries and stuff. Now I'm hungry..I will go have some Kashi and almonds I guess just 3pts left!
Old 09-16-2003, 07:50 AM   #8  

I will send a pic but last night new camera wouldn't work because it needs a battery-going to buy a rechargeable one. Had a nice dinner last night with DIL's mom and significant other. They are here from FL-her mother lives close by. I put the chicken breasts in a bag with red potatoes, carrots, and onions and also served green beans with cherry cheesecake for dessert-a diabetic recipe using low fat/no fat cheese. and light cherries. Anyway, It was good. Going over to church today to work on my craft prices. Sounds like a really nice birthday Anagram. I watched Dr. Phil yesterday-sounds like a really good book, I tried an apple yesterday when I got my hungry horror phase in the afternoon.Should have done it first, Everyone should listen to Candice-you really are good, Mima
Old 09-16-2003, 10:03 AM   #9  

Default Hey There

Hello everybody- The fruit is put back into eating plan in 2 weeks. Not the breads and pasta. I hope I can make it for the 2 weeks. I did fine yesterday till afternoon. I ate a piece of FF cheese and that helped till supper. I am eating protien and veggies now.. I hope it doesn't give me a problem in the bowel department. I got away with only 17 points yesterday. I see that I can eat more to maintain the low end of my points. I wish I had Candice's control. I will be happy with 2 lbs a week if I can get it together and do that...You are right, Candice, over that is not healthy or lasting.
Advantage works great on your pets.I remember what a life saver it was for me. I am severely allergic to bug bites. I get a bite it seems to itch and stay forever. It is a wonder we all didn't get sick from the bug sprays before I found it.
Anagram don't stress ,eat what you want and ease back into your healthy eating plan...
Bye.........Joanne
Old 09-16-2003, 04:42 PM   #10  

Bug bites do the same thing to me. I whelk like a bee sting and it lasts forever! As for losing 10 pounds in 3 weeks... it's not too much for me when I first start a diet. I always lose 5 pounds the first week but it's usually mostly water weight....swelling. Then 3 the second week and 2 the third. Then after that I'm really lucky if I lose a pound a week. At least that's the way it's gone in the past.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:05 PM   #11  

Hope you all didn't think I abandoned you. Oh I have had a killer flare up of Fibro. I had just told the doc that if I stay within a certain set of boundaries I can do ok, but if I venture outside for too long...I will pay. And taking on the responsibility of my aunt really did it. All I needed was to give up one day a week of my down time and I set myself into a tizzy. I hurt so bad I wanted to cry. I took a day off today. Did a few specific tasks but nothing too exciting. Took my time shopping and saved $20 in coupons. I slept late....well, til 7:30. Wish I could do this for a month. But tomorrow it is back to work. My cousin will take over for my aunt for a few weeks, don't know what I will do when she goes home from rehab and I am back to being a caretaker.....
Happy B-day Anagram. Hope I am not missing anything here. Did we talk about Dr. Phil??? Guess what??? According to the BMI he is overweight bordering on obese. How would he like to be told he has to lose 20 pounds????
Old 09-16-2003, 09:40 PM   #12  

Default Hi

Hope you are all doing ok.

Ally - sorry to hear about that flare, but it happens when we just step outside our boundaries. Hope you can get past this quickly.

Anagram - Sorry I missed your birthday. Hope you had a wonderful time, and I do want to wish you a belated birthday.

Meme - You go Girl. You CAN do it.

Joanne - hope the new diet works. The difference between the SouthBeach Diet and Atkins is the fat. No low fat on Atkins. The 3 apples a day sounds ok. I read the article in Women's World today.

Mima - Glad you got your closet fixed and dog defleaed.

Now, snow has arrived in Alberta. Red Deer and Calgary both had 10cm of snow today. Edmonton missed it, thank goodness. Good news is, it is warming up again. Yesterday and today have been very cold.

I am on a yeast treatment from the Dr. Taking Diflucan for 4 weeks straight and see if it will kill it off. Cortisone is the culprit that got it activated and it has now become a chronic problem. Causes skin problems as well. Have never much had even a pimple, so this is very irritating. At least it isn't on my face.

I have gone back on Atkins as well and lost 5 pounds last week.

Hmmm, what else! Oh yeah, I went to emergency on Thursday night with that darn heart rhythum thing - missing beats, but everything checked out normal. Just kept up all day and was going on into the night. Stopped as soon as I got to the nurse.

Everyone have a good night.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:09 AM   #13  

That's scary Anne... but I'm glad it stopped! Congratulations on the 5 pounds. Don't you wish we could lose every week like we do the first week on a diet? I did really good again today. I keep telling myself just 3 weeks until vacation!
Old 09-17-2003, 03:09 AM   #14  

I have never lost more than a pound or two in a week on any kind of eating plan...my body is just not capable I guess! I still do not think it is healthy and if you lose it slow you have a better chance of it staying lost! You all do know that yo yoing is not good on your heart don't you??????????????

Happy, glad you are ok

Mima..hope you get a new battery soon!

Joanne....sounds like you are doing good on this eating plan so far. I would be plugged up by now!

Ally, you sound so much like me, when you take on something you know you shouldn't you suffer! But sometimes you just have to do it.........
Old 09-17-2003, 07:37 AM   #15  

Default Hi

I just lost my whole reply so I hope Cassidy comes out in this one. Now I know what to do. Mima
Closed Thread