South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 05:03 AM   #1  
Mous

Smile Definition Sunday at the Beach DAILY 9/14

What is your definition of SUCCESS?

Do you think it is about making the right choices?
Is it about how far you have come from where you started?
Is it about feeling good about yourself?

It isn't about money.
It isn't about status.
It isn't about career.

SUCCESS is about us and our feelings about ourselves and the world in which we live.

How do you handle SUCCESS?
Do you think you have to be a certain way, act a certain way or EAT a certain way to have SUCCESS?

Think about this today!

SUCCESS can come in the smallest of packages..... actions, words or even silelnce.

Go out and be SUCCESSFUL today.

Hugs,
Marcie
Old 09-14-2003, 07:06 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Marcie!

ah... success. Yes... I'll think about it... there's a mouse in the kitchen and it's distracting me... I need some serious traps.

Robin, I agree... there are lots of different "religions" here, and together they make for a powerful lot of love and good.

Speaking of the religious, Den, how are you? Where are you?

Hi Nikki! How are you doing?

Sharon, again... I'm so very sorry about your niece and her family. Keeping all of you in my prayers...

Tippy, I'm sorry you had a crappy day yesterday. I hope that today is better for you. Congratulations on the pound!

Franny, cops aren't exactly fashion plates, are they. The bio thread is a great idea.

Thanks, Sflake... I had a nice visit with Dad. He looks GREAT!
How was your nephew's b-day party?

love and hugs to all of you... Ruth and Twodog, Jackie, Sharon, Sil, Didi, Gofishin', Whimsey, Linda, and .... EVERYONE!!
Old 09-14-2003, 07:25 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Lord, Ellis! All those hugs so early in the morning and I haven't even brushed my teeth. (Roasted chick peas for breakfast!)

Success, Marcie? I think I am successful in most aspects of my life and am working on the rest. Right now I am succeeding in keeping the ship of my life going in a straight line but the diet dinghy is kind of bobbing around - still there, however!

Harry is still asleep. My doctor pal (I love him!) popped in yesterday and gave me some good suggestions to handle H's confusion and some good advice about my own health and morale. He said to let H. sleep as long as he wants as the body needs rest to heal the brain. He is also going to use his pull to get H. a CT scan at the Ottawa hospital asap. I feel guilty about jumping the queue but am over it now!

I'm skipping Church this morning, doing laundry and then taking Hersh to her Canine Good Citizen class after lunch. Maybe if I keep taking these classes, they'll stop pressuring me to be an instructor!

Raining this morning but the village is hopping as it's Terry Fox Run day. The team has already been out to set up the route markers and, even without me, have managed to figure out how to use the helium tanks for the balloons. Someone very kindly tied a bunch of balloons to my side door! How thoughtful.

Have a good day on The Beach.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:54 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! An hour and a bit later and we have a beautiful sunny day! Where did the clouds and rain go? Bonus!
Old 09-14-2003, 11:06 AM   #5  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Good morning, chicksters!

Grandma Marcie! Such a great topic! I suspect that SUCCESS is one of those works that gets bantied about a lot without much thought as to what exactly we mean! So I will give that a lot of thought today and see what it means to ME!

Tippy-Melt down, huh? Yeah, I've had a few of those in my day. Once in a while they are just what we need to shed all the excess baggage and rebuild our mindset. Your continued weight loss and great attitude show you are on the right track!

Deets-your niece is blessed to have you in your corner. I cannot express how glad I am that she is trying to be proactive in a bad situation!

Robin-You are so right! Whether they be in the form of prayer, good thoughts or healing vibes the undeniable fact is we support one another through the trying times we are all challenged with! And THAT is what makes this forum the absolute BEST in the world!

Ellis-EEEEEK! A mouse! You need a cat. We had a mouse, until our cat found it. But the cat is now with my DD away at school, so I hope the mice don't get wind of our new, "catless" stature!

Ruth-I saw the Bio thread! How cool! I have a question about the roasted chickpeas....do they stay soft or get crunchy? Looking for ideas for yummy things I can actually eat!
Just don't drop anchor, hon! You'll pick up speed as you hit calmer waters! And you MUST jettison any guilt about "jumping queue" to get Harry's CT done sooner! When it comes to getting what our loved ones need I say "all's fair!" Here are some ballons to add to the ones tied to your side door!

Cops may not be fashion plates (to be honest, some are!) but I tell you, there's nothing quite like a man in uniform! THAT explains 9 years in the Air Force followed by a career in law enforcement!

I'm off to get the Boot Camp thread started for today and maybe even post my bio. Then I MUST exercise today! I got the metal monster out of cold storage, and the news is not great. I suspect I'm not getting enough to eat due to the dietary restrictions the past few days, so I am going to try some protein drink mix to supplement with. I HATE to do it, but am getting desperate...my body knows I haven't been treating it right.

Here' hoping you all have a successful day, however you define it!
Old 09-14-2003, 04:12 PM   #6  

Good Afternoon Everyone!!!

Marcie, I think success is being glad for what you have instead of always wanting what you don't whether it's in your professional or personal life. That's not to say not to strive better things, but remember that even the little things can be successes.

Ellis, we used those sticky cardboard mousetrap things that you fold up into a mouse-size box for them to run into ... had to share my reduced fat cheese to get them in there but it worked!!!

Franny, Friday was the firemen's car wash ... they hold it right across the street from where I work ... there's also a lot to be said for men in only half their uniforms ... bare chested with suspenders and fireman pants and boots ... every woman for miles had their car washed. We all spent our lunch time watching them wash cars ... they must have raised thousands of $$$!!!

See Ruth, the sun came out just for you!!!

Have a good evening!!!
Old 09-14-2003, 04:46 PM   #7  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Oh my...but does my car ever need washed!

Nikki-a lot of the guys at work are big into working out, so I am often exposed to scantilly clad cops running around showing off their muscles! Scandalous! :
Old 09-14-2003, 07:29 PM   #8  
Sunshine

S/C/G: 219/211.4/140

Height: 5'6

franny and nikki...and people wonder why I LOVE my job???

Not to mention that out of the 13 guys that I worked with at HQ, half were buff and a few even calender material...YUM YUM

and I get to see them more than their wives, girlfriends and what not. Plus I get the GOOD side of them. No live with, clean up after and hear them whine.

They actually wish that their women were more 'understanding' like me. HOG WASH!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2003, 08:52 PM   #9  

Hi,
I'm new. Is this the daily where we are supposed to post first? I started the SBD on Sept. 2 and start Phase 2 on Tuesday.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:02 PM   #10  

Yes, this is the daily ... Marcie usually starts it with some words of inspiration ...

Welcome to the Beach!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 02:30 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

Marcie....
Love your message. I think that success for me today came in very small steps.....and in letting everyone around me just be where they needed to be.....

Thank you!!!
Closed Thread