Weight Loss Support - Time For Serious Fun #26

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #26

gma22
09-13-2003, 01:01 PM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #26

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

gma22
09-13-2003, 01:03 PM
Julie: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points!

SandyB: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points!

Can't visit, but will peek in this evening.

Faye
:)

Amanda Panda
09-13-2003, 03:44 PM
I got 3 points yesterday - no exercise I'm afraid, but at least I stayed on programme. I'm struggling at the moment - my TOM has really affected me bad this month and my resolve has been slipping. I'll sort myself out this weekend and try harder next week - I think I need another kick start.

I didn't lose any weight this week - but I'm not disappointed as it has been my TOM and I did have a big loss last week. I am not giving up, I will do this! Just need to kick myself up the :censored:

Well done to everyone - keep it up!

Pam - you are amazing! Can I have some of your resolve please?:lol:

Keep it up ladies - we will get there!

Amanda xxx

Mirabelly
09-13-2003, 06:02 PM
Hi Ladies,
I'm pooped, just thought I'd drop in for a minute. I've been cooking all day long! Decided to make up a bunch of healthy frozen meals for those days when I don't want to cook or don't have time. Premature McD avoidance...... :) I also whipped up a batch of lowfat pumpkin/oatmeal/raisin cookies (sooo yummy and healthy) and threw some stuff in the bread machine. I decided if I'm gonna only allow myself a few pieces of bread every now and then......they better be FREAKIN' GREAT pieces of bread! I refuse to pay four dollars for a loaf of specialty bread.

Anyway, I went for a bike ride this morning.....took off on an ATV trail on a lark (I usually stick to the road). It was all dirt and rocks and roots......I was having so much fun that I'd gone 1/2 hour before I knew it! Which was good, except I had to haul my sore *** back the other way :lol: So, I got more of a workout than I'd planned.......good thing too, cuz the cookie buzzer just went off!

Later chickies,
Julie

Lee7861
09-13-2003, 06:26 PM
Hello everyone!

I spilt something on my shorts at work today and had to buy a new pair of pants--size 12, first time in 2 years. I haven't lost a lot of weight but I must be getting smaller. Isn't the other Debbie the lady that has the same situation? I'm on program yesterday and today and I exercised/drank water both days. I'm sure glad I wasn't locked in a room with butterfinger icecream!

Ritu--if your out there, I'll offer up prayers for your son. We may call God by different names but we both believe. I'm sure Faye is right and its not that badf.

Amanda--I'll offer up one for you to. He reallly will renew your strength. You are a sweet person and you deserve the best. Treat yourself accordingly.!

Juie--I had to laugh. I decided the same thing a few weeks ago. The bread machine has been getting quite a workout. I know I can't afford the specialty stuff!

Everyone who lost congradulation! have a nice weekend,

Debbie

gma22
09-13-2003, 09:27 PM
Amanda: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points today!

You girls are all doing great! Keep up the good work.

I am pooped. The ice show was great and Thomas was a doll, but snoockered the ole grandparents into a Mike figure, a ball cap and a t-shirt besides the hotdog and lemonade to the tune of $45! Hey, I would never have been able to even afford to take my kids let alone buy them stuff so I am making up for what I couldn't do then. He is so funny. We went to the bathroom during intermission and coming back he stopped to look at the shirts. I told him the pink ones were for girls and the other ones for boys and said I didn't have any money with me he would have to ask granddad. Back to the seats we go and he asks him and of course Jack didn't know what he was talking about. I ask T did he want the t-shirt or the hat. "Nonny, I want BOTH of them." So of course that is what he got and of course we had to put them on before we left the civic center (the t-shirt was too big and kind of looked like a nightgown!) but he wore it proudly through dinner! We just had a great time all around and we had spectacular seats as our seats were behind where they set up the sound system so they moved us and I threw a fit because I had bought aisle seats and demanded aisle seats! We had one row up from the floor! On top of that, at Cracker Barrel I lost my temper BIG time. I took Thomas to the restroom and coming back there was this really obese woman and her spouse standing by the hostess station. T squeezed between them, but I couldn't pass. I said, "excuse me" nothing, "pardon me maam" nothing, "excuse me" and finally her husband said "Brenda, someone needs to get through." She glared at me, screamed, "what? I was looking at something." while Thomas was getting away from me. That broke the twig and I did something I have never ever ever ever ever done in my life, I said, "Move your fat *** lady, is that better than excuse me?" and I ran off and tried to catch Thomas. Jack could not believe I really did it and neither could I, but to totally ignore someone when they ask politely not once, but three times, deserves a bit of a dressing down let alone the fact that T was going merrily on his way figuring I was right behind him.

Well, that's the wrap up for tonight.

Faye:)

pjkdreamer
09-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Good night girlies, too pooped to post:yawn: :faint:

Mirabelly
09-14-2003, 10:00 AM
Morning Ladies.
Faye, your trip sounded faboooo.............."Move your fat ***, lady!" OH MY GAWD!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't believe you said that! She must've really deserved it.

Anyway, I'm giving myself 2 points for yesterday, exercise and water. I don't think I went over my calories alot during our cooking marathon, but I was tasting and I had a couple of pumpkin cookies. Even though they're healthy and not too carby, I'm just not sure how I did eating....so I just won't count it, and get back with the journal today.

Gots lots of sewing to do, so I'll be off........
Everyone stay :strong: today,
Julie

gma22
09-14-2003, 10:23 AM
SUNDAY: Silly Poll Sunday. Here goes girls.

Your Great Uncle Ebeneezer has died and you have been given his inheritence. At the lawyer's office, he reads the following from the will: " Your inheritence consists of a golden key. This key when used will make all your dreams come true, but you must wait 5 years before using it. The information regarding the key, what it opens and what you will find is in a sealed letter accompanying the key." NOW THE QUESTION THIS WEEK IS THIS: YOU ARE GIVEN EVERYTHNG BY THE LAWYER AND YOU GO HOME. DO YOU WAIT 5 YEARS TO OPEN THE LETTER OR DOES CURIOSITY GET THE BETTER OF YOU AND YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU WILL GET EVENTUALLY . IF SO HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE?

Julie: YOU GET A: :high: for points.

I GET A: :high: for points. I am not sure how close I came so I am not going to count program yesterday.

As for the poll, THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD EVEN GET ALL THE WAY HOME ! I would have that puppy opened some way. I am not a good secret keeper nor can I stand them being kept from me!

Gotta run, Faye:)

pjkdreamer
09-14-2003, 10:25 AM
Good Sunday Morning Girls,

pts for yesterday: 1 pt for water.....did not exercise, make - up day today, and giving myself 0 for food, my eating was "off" yesterday, ate out all 3 meals, the only one that was decent was breakfast.....so I will just chalk that one up to experience, portion sizes were really okay, it was just the content. but........today is a new day.

Faye, where are you this morning to give us our silly poll??

well its off to work in a little while and I have walking away the pounds to do :lol: :lol:

Sandybrat
09-14-2003, 10:37 AM
Good Morning Ladies!! Faye, you know... some people deseerve to be dressed down because they do NOT know how to be polite or listen. I think whats bothering u is that u told her to move her fat ***.... now this is just my humble opinion but.... because people who are overweight are ususally hiding behind that weight some think it gives them free reign to be as nasty as they want to be. Becuase when they get a reaction like u gave, they can then blame it on the weight... or the fact that they think NOONE understands, because of the weight. Does that make sense?? U r a wonderful caring woman, she was in the wrong... and she knew it. So she deserved just what she got. I am a TRUE believer in karma.... hence my quote.
For the silly poll... hhhhmmmmmmm... i would try to wait the 5 years. As i see it, its a gift... something i didnt have in my life so i wouldnt be missing anything if i didnt open it. So i would wait the 5 years.
Ladies.... i hope you all have a wonderful day... I will check back in later. Take care of U

Sandy:flow1: :dance:

Sandybrat
09-14-2003, 10:40 AM
I forgot to post my points...lol What a maroon....
All 4 yesterday!! And i found a beautiful dress for the wedding.. and i got it for a steal!! Just need to find a pair of shoes and i am all set! Its been so long since i bought any "dress up" clothes... i am really looking forward to this wedding. :D

Take care of U
Sandy:dance: :flow1:

jloo1957
09-14-2003, 01:12 PM
Good Morning Ladies...I went out of town for the day and we got back pretty late lastnight,so I hadn't posted until now....we decided to get away after all that happened..so we took the kids to a theme park ...they have a place called "splash Island"..which is a water park with a catch a wave pool,big tunnel slides and a park with lots and lots of stuff that you can climb and squirt and dump water...we had a blast...just what we needed to relax ....we packed good healthy food ,snacks and lot's of water...so I stayed on the program,a nd as far as exercise...gee,the walking alone was enough,and then the swimming and playing in the pool...so I got all four for yesterday...Faye,it sounds like you had a great time....Pam ,you are doing super...keep it up...Faye,what you said to the ladie was well deserved..it wasn't like you didn't try to be polite...so YOU GO GIRL!!!...she didn't seem to have no concern for your grandchild at all,the fact that he was going on without you...some times we have to do what we have to do...well,I'm off to do something to move this body...starting with the wash...plenty of that waiting on me...everyone of you have a tremendous ,super ,wonderful afternoon...will check in later...Joy:) :)

gma22
09-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Smileys are as follows for points:

SandyB::bravo:

Pam: :flow2:

Joy::bravo:

As for the incident at Cracker Barrel. SandyB, I am sorry if I offended you either by the language or by calling her a name. I would never offended any of you ladies. I do NOT however apologize for what I said and this is why:

1. She ignored me though I politely and repeatedly tried to get past her
2. My grandson had gotten past and was making tracks away from me and his Granddad was not in visual range ofhim or he his grandfather
3. I wanted to shock her and an insult was the best way to get her to move.
4. She was rude though IF Thomas had not been involved I would have backtracked and just gone around another table to get back to the restaurant and never said anything to her, chalking it up to her being an igrnorant jerk. The basis for the remark was to get her moving so I could grab my gs.

What I do apologize for is even mentioning it. I did it because I was still miffed I guess, but I have no excuse either way. Forgive me my friends if I did offend any of you.

Now on to my current STRESS:fr: :fr: and it's a doozy. I am not going into a big explanation about the whole thing as I have told you before that we have to have the condo's electrical changed to copper by October 31. WELLLL, we have been, along with the whole complex, assessed $520 because the work is not completed or scheduled. It is really screwy, but because there are still approx 60 homes not done or scheduled (even though work does not have to be completed until Oct 31) they decided to fine us all and then reimburse those who have already had the work done blah blah blah. I have to call them and try and get this resolved as I am not cancelling my trip and I have until the 31st of October to get the work done. These people are a bunch of idiots and there are a couple other issues that play into this that make it even more messy. One thing I am NOT going to do is pay the assessment and then pay the contractor. They can have either or and that's it. I don't have that kind of money and besides I don't trust them to get it back to us right away, ya know. We will just have to see what I can find out. I just don't want to lose my temper and I know it is going to come to that. I hate talking to people about stuff like this on the phone instead of face to face.

I really need to eat something so I am going to go.

Amanda Panda
09-14-2003, 06:39 PM
Hi Faye,

I'm a bit confused, you said

Amanda, I am sorry if I offended you either by the language or by calling her a name.

I didn't say anything about this - are you getting me mixed up with someone else? :?: :lol:

I am certainly not offended by you - I think you are great!

Yesterday I got just 1 point - off programme again (you don't want to know!!:lol: ) and no exercise - I've just been too busy this weekend to fit any in. I didn't get all my points today either (can't remember when I last got a four pointer!), but tomorrow I will be back to normal and am going to have a strict week as I've been slacking quite a bit lately. I've not got anything planned for next weekend, so I will try to make up for my naughtiness!

Take care

Amanda xx

gma22
09-14-2003, 07:51 PM
DUH! Amanda! I can't believe I wrote that. I will fix it immediately! I was referring to SandyB who I felt might have been offended by my "letting go"on that woman!
Amanda: YOU GET A: :flow2:

Faye

Lee7861
09-14-2003, 08:15 PM
Hello Everyone,

Faye it sound like you had a great time and I wish I had the nerve to tell people what they need to hear like that--I think it great.

I went to work again and stayed on program. I ate out of a cooler all day. Blah! but I made it. I cleaned 4 houses so I think I got my exercise. I drank my water. I need a day off!

Very tired, Bye for now,

DebbieL

pjkdreamer
09-14-2003, 10:14 PM
Good Evening Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I went for a walk after work it was so cool and crisp, just delightful, I only got to walk 1/2 mile because it was getting dark, so that is 2 miles on the watp video and 1/2 mile walk at the park, FEELING SO :strong: :dancer:

Lee, come and clean my house plleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! I have tried to get Faye to do it, havent seen her yet:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: GREAT JOB ON STAYING ON PROGRAM, AND THAT IS VERY GOOD EXERCISE.

Amanda, tomorrow is a new day, and you will get back on track!! hope you have a grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat week.:D

Joy, glad you had a good day, you are such a welcome addition to our group, lots of :love: coming your way girl.

In response to the poll, WHO ME WAIT???? ARE YOU KIDDING??? I AM THE QUEEN OF INSTANT GRATIFICATION!! (IT IS WHAT GOT ME TO THIS WEIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!)

Well Chicklets, about ready to call this one a day! Talk to you in the am.

sw 356 June 5th
cw 321 - down 35 lbs - YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D
NEXT GOAL: 50 LBS DOWN BY 10/31 THAT IS DOABLE!!
NEXT GOAL:LOSE 75 BY JAN 2004 (flying to Amarillo Tx for a wedding, going to just slide on into that airplane seat!!)
final goal: 130 ish - SEE YOU CHICKIES THERE:lol:

Sandybrat
09-14-2003, 10:15 PM
PUHHHHLEASE..... Faye dear... u in no way shape or form offended me... I think u had every right to do what u did... and i applaud u for it. I am not an easy person to offend anyway...lol
Unless u r my husband... hahahahahahaha.... He is on my poop list of late... hahaha So no worries okay FAye?? hey i rhymed...lol
I have been staying on my program(fitday is a godsend for me) and getting exercise in everyday but i dont think i am loosing... i weigh in tomorrow so we'll see... i am due for my TOM but it hasnt got here yet so this heavy bloaty feeling is just kinda staying with me... i hate that. Anywho... i am pooped today.... i rode my bike and my big project was to switch the doors around on my fridge in the garage... that was a job and a half... and with nooone to help it was somewhat of a pain... but i got it done so at least i feel good about that. Hope you all have a wonderful night... sweet dreams to u all....

Sandy:flow1: :dance:

jloo1957
09-15-2003, 08:31 AM
Good morning Ladies....Yesterday was a good day...got all my water in and stayed op ...and exercise...walked 3 miles and played soccer with my son...so got all 4 for yesterday....:) :) everyone is doing great...the weather is cooling down here...yeeessss!!!!!..I plan on getting my walk in in just a few...and work on my abs today...I just wish it were as easy to come off there as it is every where else..that is my hardest area..not to mention the slowest to come off...okay Ladies..let's get it going ...today make it a point to move that body more than yesterday...oh yeah,if yall don't mind ...what kind of program are yall following..as for me ...mine is called weight wise...it's where it is worked out according to your weight,and as you loose,it is adjusted..you do not go hungry either...it is a program put out from the Hospital that I worked at...good basic eating..so many carbs,protien,and fats...it has worked the best for me..it consist of 1624 calories,which it is fixing to be lowered,as my weight has come down...well ,I'm off for now...gotta get THIS BODY MOVIN...check in a little later...big cyber hugs to all...Joy:smug: :) :D

Mirabelly
09-15-2003, 08:50 AM
Good morning ladies!
Boy, this weekend was a wash food wise.....I didn't eat poorly, just didn't do my journal and did alot of "head eating". Especially with these pumpkin cookies I made....my brain rationalizes the fact that they are healthy and almost sugar-free into "go ahead, have a couple more!" :mad: Anyway, I did drink my water yesterday......no exercise, cuz I waited all day for dh to come home from fishing so I could take the kayak out. By the time he got home around dinner, I was too tired from a full day of sewing to do anything. GOTTA WORKOUT IN THE MORNING!!!

So, it's back in the saddle again...........back to the journal and the exercise and the water. My mom called last night and said she's lost so much weight that she has to alter all the new clothes I made her back in July! I'm so proud of her, I just hope she keeps it up.......she's a yo-yoer from way back (aren't we all :)

Joy, sounds like you had an awesome weekend full of activity! Good for you........I'll take your words to heart and make this a great week for exercise.

Pam, I love reading your posts these days! They're always so positive and full of hope and promise. Congratulations on all your hard work, it's paying off in more ways than your weight.....your heart and soul are so shiny, I'm blinded from here! :angel: :cp: :bravo:

Faye must be sleeping in after the exhausting weekend with her grandson..........that or she had to get another job to make up for all the $$$ he scammed her for :lol: :) That's what grandmas are for, cuz we parents sure can't do it!

Well, gotta go.....the kids are whining that they'll miss recess if we don't leave NOW. I'll check in later.....

Julie

Sandybrat
09-15-2003, 09:22 AM
Good Morning Ladies!! Woke up this morning refreshed and have already done my AM Yoga... it feels so good to stretch awake. :) I got a 4 yesterday and today is weigh in day for me... i usually weigh in around 9am... thats when i have time. Without being bothered...lol ITs so nice to see u all have so much energy in the morning... i am becoming a morning person. I really like what i can accomplish when noone else is up with me... hahahaha. i am going to try to do my pilates workout today and for sure get a walk or bike ride in. I am stepping up the exercise department... i want/need to jump start myself! To all u lovely ladies have a fabulous day!! i will check back later... Take care of U

pjkdreamer
09-15-2003, 09:36 AM
Morning Girls,

pts for yesterday: 2 program pts, 1 pt for water and YES!!! ONE PT FOR EXERCISE. did my watp video (2 mile tape), and walked 1/2 mile last night after work at the fitness park.:D :D

Joy, it was great chatting with you this morning!! What a perfect way to start my day, turning on my computer and finding you there to talk with. CANT GET MUCH BETTER THAN THAT.:love: :spin: :cb: :dance:

Sandy: pilates??? not this girl. not yet anyway...but I am getting there!! have a good day. Good luck on your weigh in , I know you will do great!

Mirabelly, arent those journals a "have to", I didnt do mine from Friday at dinner till yesterday, so had to back track...dont plan on doing that again! I really need to do them daily, it holds me accountable and keeps me focused...have a
:strong: day!

Catch you chicklets later:wave:

mugirl213
09-15-2003, 11:53 AM
Good morning girls!

Friday - 2 points (water and exercise)
Saturday - 0 points
Sunday - 0 points

Ok ok, it was an AWFUL weekend for me. I was on the McDonald's diet with a cheeseburger and fries, EVERY day.

But the good news....I lost weight! I'm down to 145! Now, two things. It's probably b/c I didn't eat alot BESIDES the McDonalds...AND, I know this is not the way to do things. I'm taking this as a little Godsend and I am not gonna make this a habit, so it's back on track for me today!

Another little plus was that I met a new guy this weekend! I went to visit my friend Lori and her boyfriend's roommate went out with us. He is a total cutie and my friend asked me for my email (I'm assuming to give to him...hopefully lol)...so we'll see what happens with that!

Not much else to report on my little end of the world. I hope everyone else is doing just peachy and I'll check in soon!
Toodles!

(I'm off to change my signature to read CW: 145 before it's too late!)

gma22
09-15-2003, 11:58 AM
MONDAY: Mission Monday and our mission this week is to love the person that inhabites our body. Really love that person. Be happy with who you are and you will be happy with who you become!

I'M LATE, I'M LATE TO ISSUES SMILEYS TODAY!

Ok here goes ladies and I am going to squish you again. I am so very late this morning and I have to get going. I didn't sleep worrying about this stupid electrical/ $$ situation or I dreamed about it so I am pooped and tried to sleep in. All is well though, as Jack talked to the people at the management company and found it was an either or situation so that the work can be completed right away.

Our 4 pointers for today with a BIG :bravo: for each of you:

PAM SANDYB AMANDA DEBBIEL JOY

Our 2 pointer so far is ME :high: as I stayed op but HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS GIRLIES I didn't exercise and I lost count of water so I am not sure I got it all in. I have varicose veins and LOSING weight has made them worse or at least more visual and yesterday my lower thigh was hurting big time and I think that is what it was so I didn't try anything and rested it as well as I could.

Our 1 pointer with a :flow2: is:

JULIE

Julie, we all have pit days so don't worry about it.

I need to clean downstairs today, but don't know if I am going to get it done or not. I need to eat and exercise and get my vitamins and citrucel into me and of course feed the animals.

BIG NEWS ARE OUR HOUSE!!!!!!! JACK IS DIETING! HE REALLY WANTS TO LOSE ABOUT 40 LBS I am so glad because he has these scrawny little legs and ankles and all his weight is right around his waist the worst place for it. His method of losing is lunchtime meal replacement and making some slight changes in his diet like using my reduced calorie margarine, etc.

Well girlies, I have got to get hopping as it is 10 o'clock and I have done NOTHING!

Sandybrat
09-15-2003, 02:06 PM
Well Ladies.... i weighed in... and no loss. still the same... but i know it takes time... so i am sure thst by next week i will have lost at least a lb... ! I miscalculated my TOM by a week... i am still trying to recover from my brothers funeral i guess... my head is all messed up... that and i was on bcp and ran out so i got used to not keeping track on my calendar... lol oh well... at least i dont have to worry about being pregnant... not yet.. hahahaha
I just got my ds off to preschool so here i sit... wondering what to do... i hve already vacuumed and swept the garage out... laundry is in the dryer... so... i guess i could do my pilates... alright.. i will
i will check back in later... I will also work on loving me... and the body i am in... because if i work hard enuf i can change the outside to match the inside... beautiful.

gma22
09-15-2003, 03:05 PM
Missy: YOU GET A: :high: for Friday and a :burger: :burger: for the weekend! :lol: Hey your loss is montrously terrific! Way to go!

Pam: I didn't tell you this morning how great your loss was either. You have got a handle on how to do this and that is why it is working for you.

LADIES WE ARE GOING TO START SOMETHING CALLED WTG'S. A WAY TO GO (WTG) IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS AND UNEXPECTED HAPPENS, SUCH AS AN INCREASE IN EXERCISE TIME OR A NEW DRESS THAT IS IN A SMALLER SIZE. WHEN YOU POST A WTG, ALWAYS MAKE IT IN CAPS AND IN PINK SO THAT WE KNOW THAT IS WHAT IT IS!

WTG: First off I finally got into those jeans that I have had brand new for something like 5 years, zipped those puppies up tight though they were and wore them to the commissary to shop in. Luckily, I didn't have to go to the bathroom, but I was determined to wear them and I have been trying them on about once a month! I also increased my glider time 5 minutes per session for a total of 60 minutes now and last Thursday when I kept the car, I noticed instead of a belly rub with the steering wheel and having to tilt the seat back to stop it, I now have a good two inches between me and the steering wheel!

So, I am waiting for some of those great WTG's from you guys too!

**I also put instructions for the WTG on the first post with the topics etc so if you are new or get hung up about it you can check there for instructions**

Lee7861
09-15-2003, 04:17 PM
Hello everyone!

Pam I would love to clean your house but I think it might be quite a drive! What I think is even better is a web-site called flylady.com. She will help you get your own house cleaned without going crazy. It stands for finally loving yourself. If everyone used it I wouldn't have a job. Its how I clean my house.

Faye it will take me a week to learn how to make posts pink!

I'm in North Carolina about 50 miles inland. I hope I'll be talking to you ladies for the next few days but I might loose power. I'm not scared of getting blown away. I was just at nags head yesterday. Its kind of spooky.

Congratulations to those who lost.

Bye for now

Debbie-Lee

Sandybrat
09-15-2003, 04:35 PM
Oh Debbie-Lee!!! I LOVE the flylady... :D Its how i clean my house and keep it organized as well. Its a great site and great ideas... and i love the babysteps... just like here with the weight loss... babysteps! Well guys.. i have a WTG... I did my pilates today!! Starting to get back into it so babysteps... but i did 15 mins, and i did my yoga this morning. Just need to get a walk or bike ride in and i am coolbeans for exercise today. Well ladies... have a wonderful afternoon, i will beb checking back this evening...
take care of U

gma22
09-15-2003, 04:40 PM
DebbieL: It's easy. Use post reply button when you do that you will see where it says vb code and beside it a bunch of boxes. Hit the drop down arrow beside color then scroll to pink and click on it. You will see a long box come up above your reply. Hit your caps lock button on your keyboard type WTG and hit ok on the long box. The one thing you have to remember is it only posts at the last line so if you do something and have to go back and insert, then you have to highlight all the post past where you want to put your colored words in, right click on your mouse and cut the info then go back and do the above with the color and when finished with the insert, right click again and paste your post back into your reply box. Only the letters WTG are to be in pink, the rest of your info about your way to go just do in a regular fashion.

jloo1957
09-15-2003, 04:41 PM
HEY FAYE..WTG GIRL!!!!:smug: :D :strong: :jig: :dance: I AM SO PROUD FOR YOU...FEELS GOOD ,HUH...YOU JUST KEEP ON DOING IT.....I hope I did this right...so far today I went to the gym and walked 3 miles and strength trained...and I'm not finished yet...they totaled our car,which I figured they would,so now they are waiting on a faxed copy to the insurance from the fire department,which I cannot get until tommorow...I will be glad to have this behind me....okay girls,I will holler later ..the kids are due in from school,and I want to get ready to watch Dr Phil...later...Joy

Sandybrat
09-15-2003, 04:53 PM
OOOps... gotcha Faye... only the WTG in pink... LOL Congrats to u as well Faye!! U GO GIRL!!

Mirabelly
09-15-2003, 05:46 PM
AWESOME on the pants, Faye! I have a similar pair hanging in my closet that I keep looking at longingly.

I just thought I'd check in before I head out to dance class. Wish me luck, everyone, I'm going to try to convince the owner of the dance studio to buy some of my sewing for her shop. I'm especially going to push the idea of plus-size fitness and dance wear! There is NOWHERE in our neck of the woods for bigger gals to buy bike shorts/sports bras/tights/leotards/ even yoga wear! I searched for WEEKS before I just broke down and started making my own. I've sold some on ebay and through mail order, so I'm hoping she will go for the idea. Hers is the only dancewear/fitness shop around. :crossed: :crossed:

I'm right on track for a 4 point day, so I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

Later,
Julie

Amanda Panda
09-15-2003, 06:13 PM
Good Evening Girls,

Firstly, my points for yesterday was just 1 for water - we had friends round for a big roast dinner, and although I didn't completely blow out, I did have a high fat nut roast, roast potatoes and 2 glasses of white wine! The good news is as promised, I am back on track now so it will be a good post tomorrow (about time!).

Faye - well done for fitting into your trousers. I can't wait till that happens to me - a couple of years ago I bought some trousers in a size 18 (UK Size) and since then I just got further and further away from being able to fit into them. I've never worn them, but even now they are not dated and I still want to get into them at some point! I think thats quite a long time away though (I'm currently size 24). I'll get there though!

Thanks to everyone for helping me through my slack patch - it only lasted for 4 days, and I didn't binge or anything, but I was gradually eating a little bit more than I should and not doing my exercise - it's amazing how it can creep up like that! But I've given myself a good talking to, and am going to get 4 points for the rest of this week!

Well done to everyone who lost weight, and well done to the rest of us for not giving up!

Amanda xx

Amanda Panda
09-15-2003, 06:40 PM
WTG ME !!!

I've decided to give myself a WTG for going on the exercise bike for 35 minutes - when I first started about 6 weeks ago, I struggled to do 20 minutes, and now I can do 35 minutes , so I must be getting fitter!

Amanda xx

Lee7861
09-15-2003, 07:28 PM
Hello Everyone

I'm tired so I'm sitting here reading so I won't have to get up and do something.

Faye--I'm sorry I didn't mention your pants! Its really great. I'm just to tired to make sense. I know you must have really felt proud when you went out in them.

Debbie Lee

gma22
09-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Julie: I would be interested in some exercise clothing. Why not take pics and let me see what you have come up with if you are interested in selling outside your area. In fact, if you decide you want to make sewing a business, I probably would be interested in other things too, who knows? I really am interested in exercise clothes though.

Amanda: Terrifice job with the bike! YEAH for you and you did your WTG exactly right!!

Now I know you guys all have things to brag about and that's what WTG is for so I expect to see more of it!

Thanks for the compliments about the jeans. I had to lay down to zip them and like I said a bathroom trip would have probably proved disasterous (I would never have gotten them zipped back up), but just a month ago I tried the same thing and had about 2 inches to got to even do what I did. Jack loved them tight. The only thing I couldn't do was get out of the recliner! :lol:

Every one of you is doing a spectacular job with your weight loss program. I see how hard you are trying and working and the results are going to great.

I watched Dr Phil today and he is telling these people everything that I keep trying to pound into people's head. Everyone of us is beautiful. Our fat does not make us the people that we are. We are all vibrant human beings.

One more thing and then I am going to go. Yesterday I was so stressed out about this money issue with the management company for the condos. We had the money for the repairs but not repairs and the assessment. I was angry, scared and upset all at the same time. Part of it is because we are buying the condo on land contract because of some employment and credit issues. We were afraid to even look for a lender. So, we did not want to cause any trouble to our kids who own the property by telling the managment company to take a hike that we would have the repairs done by the cut off date but we weren't paying any assessment. I kept thinking about eating to help me feel better and then one step farther. I realized that I didn't have that "to heck with it all" feeling like I used to when I would get into situations like the above. Before I would lose some weight, mess up and GIVE UP. This time my brain was telling me, "You never want to go back to being where you were before. You are never going to be that person again." It shocked me quite frankly that I really didn't WANT to give in or give up. I will bet that a lot of you if not ALL of you feel the same way. You don't want to go back to where you were and you are never going to let it happen to you again. Which means, we have all learned something about our bodies and weight loss and control issues. We are not perfect so we will slip, but we don't want to say "to heck with it!"

You ladies have a spectacular evening! I love each and every one of you!

PS Say a prayer, keep your fingers crossed, rub your rabbit's foot whatever. I am applying for another job! :lol:

Faye :)

Sandybrat
09-15-2003, 08:52 PM
Julie... i would be interested as well in some work out clothes... and i would love to see your stuff. I do ebay so if u want to u can give me your ebay id and i will check out your stuff...lol that sounded really lecherous didnt it? LOL
My prayers and luck are all coming your way Faye!! I know what u mean about that point... and not giving in to or wanting to give into it. Food is a big emotional therapy for me... and i am learning to say NO to it. It wasnt this hard to put the weight on ... y is it so hard to get it off??? LOL

have a great evening... i'll check back b4 bed....
love you all

Sandybrat
09-15-2003, 11:57 PM
I am posting tonite as i have figured out my calories for the day... I drank my h2o and exercised... but went over on calories... i was just munchie today... so no points for staying on program. But tomorrow is another day.. and i did get my period... just tonite. So that explains why i ate the way i did today... Sleep well and sweet dreams

pjkdreamer
09-16-2003, 12:13 AM
Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo chicklets:lol: :lol:

How is everyone? I must confess!!! I HAD A CANDY BAR!!!!:devil: A ZERO BAR, REGULAR SIZE, BUT A CANDY BAR JUST THE SAME..UGH!!!! But I stopped there did not go for the coke to wash it down or the potato chips to get the "sweet taste out of my mouth", but man was it ever gooooooooooooooooooooood!:D

GUESS REPORTING PTS TOMORROW WILL BE JUST 1 pt for water and 1 pt for exercise....but I will report in in the am.

Faye, you fit into the jeans, wow!!:spin: :strong: and much look in getting the job!

love you too Sandy.....sweet dreams right back at ya!;)

Amanda, great job on doing the exercise bike longer!!! THAT IS WHAT IT TAKES, PERSEVERANCE!! you can do it:lol:

Lee, I will be thinking about you, hope Isabel is not as strong as they are anticipating! Stay safe;)

okay ladies it is getting late, and I am very weary, so talk to you in the am.

jloo1957
09-16-2003, 08:28 AM
Good morning Ladies..please let me first say ,that I have all of you in my prayers and hope that all that will be affected by this "isabella" that you will be safe and free from harm.... Julie-I too would be interested in your clothing....Faye-you are so right about learning the control issues...after comming so far,and accomplishing so much,and loving the way it feels to be able to do things that were virtually impossible when I wasn't exercising or eating as healthy,I have learned to say no to temptations,where as before I would have given into the stress, and said what the heck....BUT NO MORE!!!!.......we have come a long ways and were still going....I got all my points for yesterday....I walked 3 miles at the gym ,strength trained ,and then in the evening ,took another walk with the children...and drank water,water,water...and stayed op........:) well,I am headed to town to run errands and hit the gym...so I will holler later...all of you have a super charged day,AND PUSH HARDER TODAY THAN YOU DID YESTERDAY!...BIG HUGS TO ALL...JOY:strong: :jig:

gma22
09-16-2003, 08:40 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and we are going to target our challenge. Looks like we have slipped and slid around this time so I want us to all get serious and try and finish our challenge for staying on our food program for the rest of the week!

I GOT A: :bravo: for points. I was under calories by like 800 and fat by about 200! I have to give my dh a :high: because he is doing great dieting. HE IS EVEN MEASURING! GASP!! If we could bottle this man's fortitude, we would all be skinny. When he decides to do something he just toughs it out. He quit smoking cold turkey 10 years ago and now he is doing this and basically just doesn't eat when he is hungry. Gosh I wish I had that.

My walking partner has a cat scan today so I am on my own so I think I will get out in a few when it is lighter out and walk. It is significantly cooler this morning which will make for a nice walk.

Did any of you watch Dr Phil yesterday? There was one couple that I told Jack that if my husband had made beeping sounds and said "look out wide load coming," I would have kicked his #$%! If you didn't see it, this man owns a construction company and his wife works in the office and one day she fell across a tree limb and he told his workers to go and get the cherry picker to get her up off the ground. How insulting is that and HE needs to lose about 60 lbs it looked like. You know me, if my husband would have done that, I would have gotten up, said guys can you come here a minute, walked up to my husband and decked him in front of his whole crew! Bet he would never have done it again! Oooohh spouses that act like that make me soooo mad! You don't need his book. Everything he is saying I have said, like try to eliminate your triggers, don't emotionally eat, know the difference between body image and self image, get support, etc. Geez, just think, if I had finished my psychology degree up in stead of quitting, I could be Dr. Donna and be making his money! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everyone have a good day and I will check back when all you LATE sleepers get up! :lol:

Lee7861
09-16-2003, 09:12 AM
Hello Everyone,

I to would be interested in the clothing. Send me e-bay info. I'm still a computer baby. I would like some tops that fit. I don't want to make my chest smaller, I just want to have some fit across the front of things.

I agree with what everyone says we have come a long way. Even thoughI haven't been with your group that long. I have been having problems with my dh lately. Nothing serious it just that he is a MAN. In times past I have started eating when this happens. I guess I figure if he isn't acting interested in me I might as well enjoy my food--after all I might as well enjoy something. This time I have started exercising. I can't believe it myself. Sometimes I still want to eat but mostly I have found something low fat to work on. Yesterday it was a sweet potato.

I got my points for yesterday which is proof there is a God.

To the lady with the candy bar--It wasn't that bad. I know you can't have them all the time but you didn't think you would go the rest of your life without one did you? The important thing was you didn't keep going with the coke or the chips. If it doesn't send you binging just take its calories in account and get on with it. Its good to have a candy bar without it having you.

Everyone have a great day

Debbie-Lee

Sandybrat
09-16-2003, 09:48 AM
Good Morning Lovely Ladies!!! I was up at 6am... i was just not on the puter Faye...lol!! I was doing my yoga!! Pam... i agree with Debbie... u stopped after the candy bar... and u cant deny yourself all the time.
I hope that all of u are safe and that the storm doesnt do any harm or damage to you or your loved ones.
I just love your energy JOY... Its obvious that your name is PERFECT for u...!!
WTG Faye!! Yes, i watched... and i thought the same thing as u... i would have dropped him where he stood. What an inconsiderate poop.

Sandybrat
09-16-2003, 10:02 AM
Hit the wrong button... LOL I wasnt finished posting... hahahaha
Its good to know i dont need his book... i was considering going out and buying it... i will just ask Dr Donna!!!
Debbie, i too am having some issues with my hubby... u notice i didnt put dh... hes not so darling to me right now...lol
Yes, hes a man but his communication skills are nill... so, i too havent turned to food like in the past... and my resolve is holding well. Usually i am the one to go to him and try to get to the bottom of whats wrong... well ya know, that gets really old... And i think i deserve to be asked what is going on for me?? So we are still NOT talking(since Sunday afternoon) and i guess we wont til he decides to talk to me. Yes i am nothing if not stubborn.
but i feel as tho i give and give and give... to him, the kids... and i would like some giving back! I know i am ranting and i apologize but i need to get this off my chest. I just dont understand...:?:
Oh well.. enuf !! I am done for the day complaining about him... hahahaha Thanks for listening... (like u had a choice) hahahaha!!
Everyone have a FABULOUS day... take care of u!!

Love you all

Mirabelly
09-16-2003, 10:47 AM
GRRRRRRRR..........and RATTTZZZZZ:bomb:
I just spent a half hour writing to you all, and my :censored: computer LOST IT! I could just spit.

So, here goes again. I got all 4 points yesterday! 6 days down, 4 to go for the 2 week challenge...woo hoo.

Faye, don't stress about the condo thing.......My awesome mom taught me one thing that I think about constantly, "If your only problem is money, you've got no problems!" Money just isn't worth worrying about. I know, that's easier said than done...I'm always trying to scrape that next dollar. But I do try not to let it bother me too much if I don't have it. I bet you fit into those pants nicely in another week or two!

So, the dance studio owner didn't have time to talk last night. She just took my samples and said "I'll call you". I can't ever read her....she might have liked them, or she might have thought they were crap. I just don't know. But, I've decided that if she doesn't want to carry the plus size line, I'm not giving up! (you gals taught me that ;) ) There are lots of outdoor sporting goods boutiques up here that might be interested.

For those of you who expressed an interest in the clothes, Thanks! I'll send you all a private message about them. Don't want to get in trouble for "advertising". I think I need to make me a website!

Pam, a Zero bar has zero calories right? So what's the big deal? :lol: Don't stress over it.

Lee, sorry to hear about your MAN troubles! Pity them, they are the lesser species....just taaawwlk reeeeaall sllooooww liiike, and then smack em with a 2x4! Works every time :s:

I hope the hurricane isn't causing anyone too much trouble. Right before we moved to Maine from NC,we went through Hurricane Fran. No power or phone for 10 days.........4 tornadoes touched down all around our block, but fortunately we were kept very safe by someone! I wouldn't want to live through that again for anything!

Joy, I get tired just reading your posts! You keep up all this exercise and you're gonna have to run for Governor of CA!

Well, I'm gonna see if this gets through this time. If not, that scream you hear on the horizon is me tossing my computer out the freakin' window!!!! :)

Be strong everyone,
Julie

pjkdreamer
09-16-2003, 10:57 AM
Morning Chickies,

pts for yesterday: 1 pt for water :( not counting program pts due to having the one candy bar, but today is a new day!, and did not do exercise, but will use Sunday as a make - up day).

All you chicksters stay
:strong: today, check in with you this afternoon. :wave:

Sandybrat
09-16-2003, 11:01 AM
So... taaaaalk reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll ssssssssllloooooooww and then hit them in the head with a 2x4
sounds good to me!! hahahaha!! I literally laughed out loud when i read that!! Good one Julie!

Sandy
:dance: :flow1:

mugirl213
09-16-2003, 11:27 AM
OK well somehow by miracle of God, I made it in with 10 calories to spare. I ate the last of that NASTY fudge, so now it's not there to taunt me any more! :) So with that said, I get 4 points for yesterday. I am really buckling down this week too so I can fit my butt into those suede pants to wear on Friday. I'm going up to visit my friend again and the guy I met LAST weekend will be there. She kinda briefed him on my situation with my men and he is totally understanding and is just kinda looking to have a close friend that is a girl...although I think we are both attracted to each other, so THAT could cause a problem or two. LOL But...that's ok.

WTG! I am wearing a pair of 9/10 pants I couldn't zip up in June! (They are a smidge tight when I sit down LOL, BUT WHO CARES!!!)

Keep up the good work Faye, you are gonna be in a size smaller by the end of the month I bet!

Mirabelly - good luck with your exercise gear!

And hugs and encouragement to all those I missed!:dizzy:

gma22
09-16-2003, 11:27 AM
SMILEYS SO FAR TODAY: :bravo:

DEBBIEL
JOY
JULIE
MISSY

:flow2:

PAM

Pam: A candy bar yes, but a Zero, ick! :lol: I'm telling you guys to go out and get you a box of those slim fast snack bars. 125 cal and 25 fat cal and they are good! Honey, you have been the example which all of us should follow so believe me a candy bar is nothing!

Julie: I would suggest setting up a free web for right now and use www.freewebs.com. That is what I use for my website and it is great and not that hard to understand or to edit.

Missy: I think I forgot to give you :cp: :cp: for your smaller size and being able to change your stats! That is so terrific. Yahoo for those pants. Ok, now just watch out for that man thing. You have Soap Opera written all over you , you know! lol

NOW ON TO MEN: As the old married lady in the group let me tell you they are a species that only God could have created. SandyB, he may just not know what to say to you to keep himself out of trouble with regards to your weight. Besides, most men, though it is not acceptable, are basically non talkers. Women are the emotional sex and as such are willing to share. Men are given the edict from birth that sharing is sissy so most of them won't. Try to understand that it may be hard if not impossible for him to do. I am sure he is thrilled with what you are trying to do for yourself. DebbieL, again, they tend to "zone out" things around them and sometimes act like they are not interested. You have to MAKE them interested. Here are a few things I have found that work well with Jack:

1. Try and show an interest in what HE likes be it sports, computers, whatever. You may not get reciprical, but you have something to share. For me it was sports. I am not a sports fan, but keep up with stuff just enough to have a discussion with him.

2. Try hard to keep yourself attractive and keep his libido interest up. This is tough with a job, kids, meals housework etc, but believe me he notices when you are a slob even though he doesn't say anything more than if you are all dressed up and who wants that?

3. Discuss with him a date night. It may only be once every two weeks or even once a month, but insist on it and agree on the date so there is no changing. Do something you both enjoy. Stay away from romance movies if he hates them as your second date night will never happen. Try doing something fun with him like bowling, miniature golf, casino hopping, a comedy movie. You don't have to have candles and soft music for romance.

4. If you are finding less and less time with him, make the kids take on some household responsibilities. Unless they are tiny, even toddlers can do things. My kids grew up being responsible for themselves in many ways. I taught them how to do laundry, wash dishes, make beds, empty trash etc. Instead of increasing an allowance, have a "tip" jar and any chores they do goes in the tip jar and once a month the family uses their "tips" for an outing.

5. Don't assume he KNOWS you love him. Jack and I tell each other probably 20 times a day we love each other. It can never be said too much I don't think.

6. If you are disturbed by it, sit down and talk with him. He is your spouse and you saw something worthwhile in him or you would never have married him. NEGOTIATE what you want.

Boy did I do a walk today. Jack said not to stress about not always getting 3 miles in that marathon runners never run a full marathon when they are training.

As for my condo stress, that is over. Jack talked to the Association president and someone with the management company and the assessment was for people that weren't scheduling their work to be done not us, but the assessment was mailed to everyone. I just can't seem to let things that worry me go. My sister used to say something to me that I have never forgotten but still seem to do. She would tell me, "If you take your problems to the cross for help, don't go back and pick them up again." In other words, give it to God and let him handle it and don't mess in it yourself!

Later ladies!

Faye ;)

Sandybrat
09-16-2003, 12:12 PM
Alright... so Faye... I should go to him and get this out in the open and dealt with... right? I know that... so i guess i will have to be the STRONG one and grab the bull by the horns. Its not my weight issues that hubby doesnt get... he loves me no matter how much i weigh... its more on the communication issues that we differ. But, i know that.... and i cant change him so i guess i should just buck up and handle this. Its sometimes discouraging when the kids dont listen to me and he just lets them get away with it... os i have just stopped repeating myslef... i say it once... then one reminder... then nothing. We'll see how this goes lol
I am going to call him and ask him to come home for lunch so we can "talk" lol he'll love that... HAHAHAHA:lol: :lol: :lol:
talk to u all later!!!

gma22
09-16-2003, 12:47 PM
SandyB: If you are going to talk about the issues , one I would certainly talk about would be the children. If you ask my kids who are 26 and 30 the one thing their dad absolutely NEVER let them get away with and that was either ignoring what I said or being disrespectful of me. It is hard when you have a partner that doesn't discuss things but keep the lines of communication open. If you shut down too, then everything is done for. I have always being a proponent of bringing things out of the shadows and into the light. Even when I would be so mad at Jack I wouldn't speak to him, sooner or later I had to have it out in the open. Not all couples have this luxury but you have to at least try and keep trying. Don't give up and DON'T let is make you eat! You will work this out I know you will!

Sandybrat
09-16-2003, 02:27 PM
Thank you for your words and your support Faye... I know u r right and i know I am the one to bring it out. My hubby is coming home for lunch... but i dod NOT call him... he called me... lol i realize this may seem petty to some but for me its a hurdle that i didnt have to cross.... I plan on dicussing things with him.. i always tell him that as long as we communicate everything will be just fine. Its when we shut down that problems arrise. I realize also that some things i will have to remind him of down the road but i really want and need his backing on the childream issue... they need to know that we(he and i) are a team... one and the same when it comes to whats allowed and whats not.
I will let u know how the talk goes later... gotta go so i can be ready when he gets here...

Amanda Panda
09-16-2003, 05:20 PM
Yeaaaah, as I promised myself I got 4 points yesterday! I'm feeling so much better in myself now that I am back on programme and exercising again.

Faye - I agree with you about what you said about not wanting to go back to how you were - I've had a slack few days, but I certainly didn't go overboard and I was glad to get back on track yesterday. Previously, After 1 or 2 days of not staying on programme, I would have just 'blown it' completely and gone out to buy crisps, chocolate, cheese sandwiches, quiche..... and then that would have continued for weeks. But even though I have struggled for a few days, it never led to a complete blow out and I didn't even have the desire to do that. Infact, I was just looking forward to getting the weekend out of the way so I could get back on programme. So that is definately a significant change in my eating habits - So well done to both of us Faye!:cp: :cp: :cp:

WTG ME !!! I am developing a waist! Since going to the gym, I am definately getting a slight curve of a waist - my partner pointed it out today, so it must be true!!

Well done everyone - keep it up!!

Love Amanda xx

happy dance dot
09-16-2003, 05:35 PM
First, let me tell you, this support group sounds great! I am new to 3FC and have been reading several posts. This thread is definately on my A+ list (among others). I like that it's upbeat and even though it'll take me some time to read all of it I already find it welcoming.

Moving on to not bore u too much lol. I am 25 yrs old, 4'11", 175 lbs. I am currently, waiting for my WW at home kit that should hopefully arrive this Friday. My final goal weight range is anywhere from 100lbs to 120lbs. My first mini goal is 159lbs and second mini goal is 140lbs. I was also diagnosed with PCOS less than a year ago and will be going to the Doctor tomorrow to get back on treatment.
I am very excited and looking forward to getting to know you all and getting with the point program you have.
Take care and I will update on how my appt. goes.:cool:

Oh and by the way everyone has weights on their signatures, but what do the initials mean??? Sorry still learning this is all new to me.:?:

Honeyrose29
09-16-2003, 06:12 PM
Hi everyone,
Lots going on here.. I should probably save it all for tomorrow on woeful weds!

Trying to keep busy, I have gotten all 4 pts every day for the last week.

Missy : congrats on getting in those 9/10s! I know how it feels :)

Faye : I am so glad you told that lady off. She needed to get out of the way.. I just hate when I say excuse me more than twice and still get ignored. Usually I tend to snap and say something nasty after the first half dozen attempts, as I am pushing my way past. If she had the nerve to say something in a nasty tone, because you needed to get thru, she deserved what she got. I hope it shocked the **** out of her.

Pam: I havent had a candy bar in ages! I am so glad it was good and you enjoyed it. I feel a bit satisfied just knowing you got some satisfaction! You have done so very well on your program, dont let it bother you! Was only one time!

Everyone else :grouphug:

I cant wait for tomorrow. I need to woe in the worst way!

gma22
09-16-2003, 07:32 PM
Amanda: Woohoo for you! I love it that I now have a waistline so I know you are thrilled! YOU GET A: :bravo: for points.

Welcome welcome to Happy! Happy most of the initials mean SW-starting weight, CW-current weight, GW-goal weight. The following is a little about us personally.

IF YOU ARE NOT ON THIS LIST IT IS BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T PM'D ME PERSONAL INFO TO PUT IN IT! :lol:

Hi, my name is Faye, I am almost 50, have been married 31 years to a wonderful and totally supportive man, have two grown children, Jack, who is 30 and getting married next fall, and Kelly, who is 26, married and has given me an adorable grandson, Thomas who is 3. I have a Yorkie named Fortune and a cat named Butterscotch. I am not working right now, but have been looking. I exercise at least an hour 7 days a week and my stats are at the bottom of my posts. I have a website: www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/ Please visit it and let me know what you think!

SN: Honeyrose29
I am a 32 yr old married mom of 5 kids ranging in age from 13.5 to 3. Four boys and a girl. My all-time heaviest weight was 232 and my goal is 130-135. I only have about 10-15 lbs left until I reach my goal but I am really struggling with them. I live in Ohio with my family and a house full of parrots . I do private rescue for unwanted birds and I enjoy and spend a great deal of time quilting which is an art passed to me from my grandmother and I think of her with every stitch . Thats my story!

Julie
35 year old, stay-at-home mom of 3 (9,8,and 4). I live in Maine with my husband and the kids. My highest weight ever was 265 (I was pregnant at the time). I started at 3FC at 241, am currently around 238, and my goal is to be in the low 160s. I am working toward a smaller goal of being under 200 pounds by the end of the year.

Carri ( Satine ) - Hi! I am a 29 year old female, married to my high school sweetheart for 9 1/2 years, no kids but one adorable little westie dog named Les. Have lived in Indiana all of my life. Started to gain my weight right after I was married, I got comfortable and lazy...anyhow have been doing a great job lately, focused and need to lose about 90 pounds for goal. Great to meet you!!!

Hi my name is Amanda. I am 30 years old and live in Sheffield, which is in the north of England, although I am hoping to move to Ireland soon. I have a long term partner, Nigel and a cat called Marley.I am a qualified social worker,currently unemployed. I am a Christian and a vegetarian. My hobbies are reading, especially thrillers, watching comedy on T.V and making cards. I also enjoy going to the gym, although I feel it is too early to call that a hobby! I have just over 100lbs to lose, but seeing all the successes on these forums is a great inspiration and I know I will do it - and you can too! Hope you can join us

I'm 37 and I have to kids 15 and 5. I've been married 19 years. I am about to start a janitorial business. I did that before and let it go, now the kids are bigger I'm going at it again. I weigh 170 and have weighed that since the first one was born. I would like to weigh 135 which is what I weighed before she was born. I live in Northa Carolina. I wonder are we close? I don't care if you post any of this. Thanks for everything--Debra Lee

43 years old-lived in the South all my life...and love it! I live with my partner Jane of 8 years. We have a booth at local antique mall, and we enjoy going on treasure hunts to find more....I enjoy reading, mostly books by Southern authors, but will read most anything except Science Fiction, or Harlequin Romances...I enjoy writing, cross-stitching, and other crafts. I love to cook....and now I love to exercise!!! (well I don't really love it....but I feel so much better, so I do it whether I want to or not, and it makes me feel great!) I am ever so thankful that I am able to do it now. I spend a lot of time with my mother, sister and my 2 beautiful neices, Nikki and Angie (21 and 19), they are the joys in my life. I currently work as a Switchboard Operator at an answering service where I have been for the last 2 1/2 yrs. Next fall I plan on returning to college (have to exercise this old mind too!) to obtain my Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology...I graduated from Athens State University....waaaaaaay back in 1985!! Well, ladies that's me in a nutshell!! I am loving life these days, and so very grateful to have found this forum and all of you wonderful gals!! Couldn't do this without you. Together we are a united force! Pam

single mommy of one lovey soon to be 7 yr old son going on 30. Lost over 40 lbs back in 2001 weight came back in 2002 when i discovered that I had endo. the pain meds and the lupron helped with that matter. restarted my weight loss on 2/6/3 date of hyst. sw 213 cw 177 goal 150. i am realistic in my goal i know with a large bone structure i will look awful if i go lower. i do ww bbut since june when i found out that richard was leaving i have just been aiming ot eat right, i am now able to get it back on tract and the workouts are in the process of getting to where they need to be but it is hard working 2 jobs and being a mommy to get it all in. Sandy/Gigglez

Hello,my name is Joy Lee,and I currently live in Sylvester,Georgia. I am 46 years young and I weigh 258 lbs at this time..I have been working out and watching what eat ,keeping it low fat and healthy as possible..I started out at 329 lbs,which was my highest weight ever...I have lost down to where I am now in about 8 months..mainly by the exercise and healthy eating..I do a lot of walking and strength training ,sometimes adding an exercise video..I am very active,as I have 5 children ,ages 27 to 7 years old,and a 2 year old grandchild{ girl}...I have 2 boys and 3 girls,2 of which are still at home...we do a lot of family activities,sports,family hikes and theme parks,so I really stay on the go and stay very busy. I have a goal weight of 180,which I hope to be there by summer of 2004 . I am looking for all the support I can get,and be able to give all that I can.

Hi! My name is Ritu and I'm from India. I have 2 children, a son 19 and a daughter 17. Both my kids are in college. Till recently I was a stay at home mom so I'm finding the 'empty nest' a bit difficult to handle. Fortunately, I started a small business of my own a couple of years ago, so that keeps me busy. I'm also very lucky in that I have amazing friends and family. I have been a yo-yo dieter for the past 18 years -I only put on weight after my pregnancy before which I weighed 110 lbs. I started dieting 18 yrs. ago at 150 lbs., and since have been up and down zillion times. I now weigh 176 lbs, my highest ever. I lost 32 lbs. last year and have gained them all back plus 5 more this year. But this time I know I will succeed.

My name is Sandy, and i am 40 years old. I have been married to my best friend for going on 11 years. We have 3 beautiful kidlets... a 10 year old daughter and 2 sons 7 and 4. I like to read and play on this machine... but my passion these days is painting and redocorating... i think i have painted almost every piece of furniture in my home...lol I only have a couple more to do... and i have to redo my kitchen table as my daughter and her friend decided to "do" their nails on it... so there are a few bald spots...Oh well... I am determinded to loose this weight and come out of my shell. I wish everyone the same ...

Screen name: mugirl213
I am 25 and currently residing with my parents in Reading, PA (like the railroad from Monopoly). I work in advertising for Boscov's, which is the largest family-owned department store in the US. I am not married, nor do I have any children, but I am coming off of some recent drama dealing with 2 boyfriends. Long story, but I'm on the straight and narrow now. I belong to a gym which I have been attending 6 days of the week (Saturday's off) and I count calories and try to stay under 1300 daily. I have 2 parents, 1 dog, some fish, a sister, a brother-in-law, 2 nephews, 2 grandparents and a partridge in a pear tree.

Debbie: I have missed you girl! Hope you are doing well and everything is A-Ok with you!

Ritu: How is your son doing? We have missed you. Look forward to hearing from you again when you can post.

I watched the second Dr Phil show and there is something that I am afraid he is going to do that I highly disagree with. Maybe I misunderstood him, but it sounded like he was purposedly going to put obstacles in these people's ways to see how they handle it. I think in the beginning, you are too fragile to be thrown food that is bad for you just to see how you would react. You need to work on your head and fix what the problem is there first, like self esteem, stopping emotional eating, breaking food triggers etc. I know that they are spending like 5 days together and the preview shows them getting into big fights like some reality show! Can you believe they went out to the store and bought JUNK food? I guess a couple of the ladies got in the fridge and threw it all out and then the ones who had bought it were mad! DUH! You are on TV for heaven's sake and you buy junk food to eat! You know me, they would all hate me because I would be all over their behinds about treating each other well instead of attacking each other and asking them why they are buying junk food if they really want to lose the weight.

I sure hope everyone that lives on the east coast stays safe. I used to live in Va Beach and the storm is going to probably come ashore just south of that so I can sure feel for what the folks are feeling.

You all have a nice evening and I will see you in the morning for gripe time! lol:

Faye ;)

gma22
09-17-2003, 04:58 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Feel free to gripe, comlain, grouse, about anything!

Morning ladies. I will check back in later to do smileys.

**Please pray for a lady here on 3fc on another thread I post at. Her husband had a massive heart attack and died last night! Her name is Carol Ann.**

Faye:dizzy:

Mirabelly
09-17-2003, 08:48 AM
Good Morning all,
Gee, I was all ready to complain about my toothache that kept me up last night. I'm gonna HAVE to go to the dentist on this one (I tend to ignore pain until it is excruciating).......but reading about Carol Ann, wow.....I'm blessed and thankful for my life.

My prayers are with her, Faye. I'm so sorry.

I got 4 points for yesterday.

Julie

Lee7861
09-17-2003, 08:54 AM
Hello everyone,

I certainly got my exercise yesterday! A friend of mine who is a senior citizen asked me to help take in her flower pots before the storm. I didn't know what Iwas getting in to. It took 3 hours. She had several of those big plants you set on the floor. Anyway we a battoned down now for the big blow. Its supposed to be tonight from what I understand. I was on program and I drank water. Mostly because I didn't have time to do anything else.

Faye--I will offer a prayer for Carol Ann and I want to tell you how right you are about men. I've been married for 19 years. I got married at 17. I have a fifteen year old daughter. Men never fail to amaze me. I've never really thought about leaving him--killing him maybe but not leaving him. I saw a guy on t.v. who said you have to remember men are very literal. You can't just say 'you never send me flowers". You have to add "and I want some". otherwise they just think you are noteing a fact.

got to run

Debbie-Lee

Sandybrat
09-17-2003, 09:35 AM
My prayers are with Carol Ann... I pray she has family and good friends around her to help her thru this time.
Yes Debbie... u and Faye are soooooo right... I just keep forgeting that they r so literal... lol My bad! :dizzy: I got all 4 yesterday... got up this AM and already did my yoga. Pilates later, and hopefully a walk or bike ride. I am giving away some of my things today... we no longer use them or they have been sitting in the garage for years so they are going to charity today. They will be here between 9 and noon to pick up the stuff. I am no longer hanging on to things that i "might" just get to eventually. Like the flylady says, if it doesnt make u happy get rid of it. I have found that works well for me... coming from a long, and i mean long, line of packrats stuff just seems to weigh me down... so slowly and surely i am getting rid of the things i dont LOVE and keeping the things that i do. The next step is my children... teaching them to "bless " others with things they no longer use or like. So, once that stuff is picked up i am going to sand and paint my other dresser thats in the garage and put it in my sons room... i can move the hardware so the drawers are easier for my youngest to open. Then i can move the other one down here and use it for winter stuff... each child can have their own drawer for their stuff! Well... i have just been a babbling... sorry.... i have to say that gettting up and doing my yoga b4 the kidlets are awake is just liberating!! Its so good for ME... quality me time!!! I have no gripes today... things are worked out with the DH and the sun is shining... it will be a great day!!
Hope u all have great days as well... Take care of U

Love you all....
Sandy:dance: :flow1: :goodvibes

Sandybrat
09-17-2003, 09:42 AM
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME HAPPY!!! I think u will find that the people here are jsut fabulous... great friends, great listeners and best of all they let u be u... Hope u enjoy being here... i look forward to getting to know u better!!

Sandy:dance: :flow1: :goodvibes

gma22
09-17-2003, 10:35 AM
Morning to you ladies (again!)

So far this morning here are the 4 point smileys:

:bravo: TO: JULIE DEBBIEL SANDYB ME

SandyB: I am go glad everything is right with your world again. I cannot stand discord with Jack and Me. He can't either. If he leaves for work and we aren't speaking, I can guarantee I will get a phone call.

DebbieL: I had to laugh about the literal stuff because it is ohhhh so true. Men just have to have very strict information on anything and you can leave nothing to chance.

Julie: Sorry about the toothache. Since I am dentist phobic, I understand what you are going through but go to the dentist, you will feel better.

Thank you all for your prayers. It shocked me so much this morning when I checked their thread and saw that post. I couldn't even go back to bed. I just sat and sobbed. That and I went in to Jack and woke him up, poor thing and told him "Jack please remember the last breath you take that I love you. Even if I am mad as a wet hen at you, the last breath you take make it be a remembrance that I love you."

Saying that, make sure that your relationships are in a finish mode. In other words, no matter who it is be it spouse, friend, relative or whatever, don't leave things unsaid between you. You will regret it.

happy dance dot
09-17-2003, 12:38 PM
My thoughts are with Carol Ann.

Thanks you all for a warm welcoming. I am at work now so I can't really write long, but today I have my gyn appointment at 3pm. I will let you all know how it goes this evening.

Have a great day!

pjkdreamer
09-17-2003, 12:47 PM
Good Morning Ladies,

Welcome Happy Dance Dot, glad to have you here, there is definitely strength in numbers!! The gals here are just fabulous, great source of unconditional love and inspiration and motivation, and sometimes a "good swift kick in the *@! when it is deemed necessary. Hope you have a great day, and I look forward to getting to know you better,

My deepest sympathies to Carol Ann and her family and friends. WE NEVER KNOW WHEN OUR LOVED ONES WILL BE TAKEN FROM US!! DO NOT PASS UP A CHANCE TO SAY I LOVE YOU TO THEM TODAY AND HOLD THEM CLOSE.

Pts for yesterday: 2 program pts, 1 pt for exercise and 1 pt for water.

well gals have to go watch I Lost It on Discovery Health Network Channel, it gives me all sorts of good info and much needed inspiration. Check in with you later.

sw 356 June 5th
cw 321 next weigh in tomorrow
next goal: lose 50 lbs by 10/31
next goal: lose 75 lbs by 1/30/04
next goal: lose 100 lbs by 6/5/05 one year to date when I started this journey
final goal: 130 ish:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

gma22
09-17-2003, 01:00 PM
DO NOT POST HERE! THE QUEEN OF CLEAN HAS SWEPT IT OUT AND MOVED US TO #27