Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 08:34 PM   #1  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default chit chat #8

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Angie
Old 09-12-2003, 08:39 PM   #2  
Give me strength

ok I finally was able to figure this all out...lol

I do enjoy being a PI on occassion,,,like when I am able to find a loved one, and connect them with their family. Or when Im able to do a case that is very tricky and I pull it off,,,,BUT the odds are slowly going in the wrong dirction and I find myself stressed over every little case,,,I did two cases back to back that were dangerous and since then have been leary.
WEnt job hunting today,,,Applied at the library and a woman's retail store,,,that to me is dangerous too,,,but only to the pocket book..lol
I have a family coming over tomorrow for dinner and the house is a mess, and I have a meeting at 10:30 am for a production,,,why did I say yes? arghhhh
Anyways better run,,,,,vaccuuming, laundry and bathrooms are calling my name and then the food prep is going to take awhile.
ttfn
Angie
Old 09-13-2003, 06:16 AM   #3  
Fit and Feisty

Angry Happy Weekend Everyone!

Well, I survived my first full week on my new job. It's funny, but I really did not know how miserable I was in my former position until I left. And as for my boss from ****.....I got a revelation. I was so naive as to think if I just worked hard enough, tried hard enough, really busted my chops....he would be pleased. But no. It wasn't about me, it was about him....he's just a 24 carat p***k. I was thinking how we women can be so foolish, even in relationships....you know, if I could just lose five pounds, if I were just prettier....he would love me.

Enough of that. Time to move on. Have a great OP weekend everyone. Do if for yourself. Just think how great you will feel WHEN YOU WAKE UP ON MONDAY MORNING. REMEMBER LADIES, NO ONE IS GOING TO DO THIS FOR US. WE HAVE GOT TO WANT IT BAD ENOUGH. THAT IS REALLY THE BOTTOM LINE.

Love,
carree
Old 09-13-2003, 06:33 PM   #4  
Give me strength

Carree
Good for you! WAHOO for CARREE!!
And you are so right about doing this for yourself,,,this should be about you/me.
Angie
Old 09-13-2003, 08:27 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Angie - thanks for starting the new thread! Hope you find a new job - something that is less stressful.

Carree - I agree, ya gotta want it bad enough. And I am so glad for you that you like your new job! Maybe you can put in a good word for Angie, lol.

Hi to the others....

I have had a fun day! My sister-in-law, Sarah, and I met for lunch today to celebrate our two birthdays. Her's is next Tuesday. Anyway, you'll be SO proud of me - we ate at Chic-fil-A, and I got the chicken strip salad w/ff honey mustard dressing.

Then we went to the Disney Store where I bought two 4-day park hopper tickets for when we go in '05. Yes, I know, it's a bit early, but they never expire and I can afford it better a little at a time. I've still got 7 more to go, and that doesn't count the 4 babies under 3 years of age who will be with us. They get in free, thank goodness.

I feel very good being OP!! So much more "in control". I didn't get any exercise in today, but I drank more than enough water.

Gotta go read Robin's bio - so glad to have you with us! Have a good evening ladies.

Jana
Old 09-14-2003, 01:09 AM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies-

Jana- I knew you would be back in control!! And we're very proud of you!! Doesn't it feel good to know that you are in control and not the food? I love the feeling.

I did good myself. I drank my 80oz of water today. And I ate sensibley(sp?) today. I got a huge bag a fresh green beans today from my grandma and so I steamed those w/some carrots, then had chicken. Shake n Bake, of coarse my daughter laughed when I took all the skin off before I ate it. Wanted to know why I bought the shake'n'bake in the first place. I didn't have an answer!

Well, I best be going, just wanted to write quickly how I'm doing. Hi to all the ladies. And now, I'm going to go check out Robin's bio too.

take care girls
Marti
Old 09-14-2003, 09:17 AM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Marti - thanks for your vote of confindence in me. You are doing so well!! There's nothin' like fresh green beans, is there? Your dd is one smart kid! You could try your chicken the way I do - take the skin off before you add the Shake n Bake and just tally up the points for the coating. Usually just 1 extra point depending on which type you use.

Hi also to Kat, Carree, Ruth, Angie, Cristi, Michelle, Mel, Robin, and anybody else I may have missed.

Well, I decided I would weigh in today and face the music. Since I just loved reporting in when I had a steady loss week after week, I thought it only fair to admit my gain. So, as of today, I am up 2 1/4 pounds. On the one hand, that isn't as bad as it could have been for a 2 week mess-up. On the other hand, I have lost only 29 pounds now, instead of 31 1/4. But I know real life is full of ups and downs and am just so glad I'm back OP. I no longer feel the guilt, dread and disappointment associated with NOT being OP.

We have no special plans for the day, and so I might just do a little scrapbooking.

What's your plan for the day?
Jana
Old 09-14-2003, 10:32 AM   #8  

Hi all!

I hope everyones having a good weekend.
Im glad the birthday girls had a good time.

Welcome Robin! Its nice too have you join our great little group. Im sure youll find it very easy to make yourself right at home here.

Angie...sounds like youre more than ready for a change of profession. I know the feeling. I hope that you'll find something that you can enjoy doing. Id love to work at the library, its so peaceful and quiet in there. The clothing store would be bad for me. Id spend half my paycheck. Id have to work at a petit clothing store. Cant buy it if it doesnt fit! lol

Carree...Im so glad that youre enjoying your new job. Life is way to short to spend hating what you do. You must feel wonderful without the burden of a terrible boss on your shoulders.

Jana...I knew youd get back on track. Im glad that you didnt let a little gain send you right back to the beginning. Its so easy to see something like that, get disheartened and quit. And I can tell that youre no quitter!

Hi Marti....80oz!!?? Good for you. I have the bladder of a squirrel. 80 oz would keep me in the bathroom for most of the day.

Well, Ive been back to the gym, and it wasnt near as hard getting back into it as I thought it would be. Ive also been hitting the track with the dogs and doing a couple miles there. I love it when they tire out before me. And Matties a sled dog for crying out loud!
The bad news is that I too have gained. After a month and a half of no gym, and bad bad bad eating I out on 4 lbs. Could have been worse I guess, but dammit, now I have to work that much harder.
Ive been goin nuts selling stuff on ebay and amazon. I found a bunch of knick knacks that belonged to my MIL, that the hubby didnt want. Ive sold almost all of them already.
Hubby also has a huge collection of VHS movies, almost 400 of them, that we never watch, so Ive started listing them on amazon. Ive been on two days and have sold five already!
If anyones looking for a particular movie, let me know, we might have it.

Well, Id better hit the track, the dogs are making me crazy. Whos the boss here...I forget...?

Have a good one ladies!
Michelle
Old 09-14-2003, 05:11 PM   #9  

WEEKEND AT THE FAIR

ONE FOOT LONG HAND DIPPED CORN DOG --------$5.00

ONE DESIGNER KNOCKOFF "GORGEOUS WATCH" ------$20.00

RUNNING INTO YOUR EX-HUSBAND'S NEW WIFE AND WONDERING WHO THE SHORT BALDING GUY WITH HER IS ...... THEN REALIZING IT'S YOUR EX-HUSBAND

---------
PRICELESS

Last edited by silverdove; 09-14-2003 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:44 PM   #10  

I laughed so hard I peed!

That is priceless...in so many ways!
Old 09-14-2003, 11:00 PM   #11  
Give me strength

Good for you Robin! I love how you told us,,,lol

And Michelle I know what you mean about having a tiny bladder, I can't work if I drink too much water....

Well everyone is gone now, my mom came down and my brother and SIL we had a blast,,,laughing so much, and ATE way too much, some healthy but alot not. Mom and I went shopping today, it was great, picked up a couple of stocking stuffers. Tried on tons of clothing and came away with just a muscle shirt.

Michelle, I know what you mean, I do have this thing about clothing and I did apply at a plus size woman's clothing store. Being Canadian you must of heard of Pennington's? They are opening a new store right in my neighbourhood, how sweet can that be if I got the job? As for the library they are 2 close by, both being 10-15 min in each direction. I also applied at a few sales jobs.
Well I better run, I am so tired and bloated.
hugs,
Angie
Old 09-14-2003, 11:02 PM   #12  

Height: 5'1"

Robin-- that is sooo funny!!! I could picture it so well too!

Well ladies... I'm doing pretty good. Staying OP and hoping to stay that way. Drank my 80+oz. of water today. I made sure that when I felt like I just didn't want anymore to keep drinking because this is what will help me in the long run!! That 21day challenge has helped a lot.

Michelle-how great to see that you're going back to the gym and running(or are you walking?)around the track! Isn't great when you can outdo the dogs? My dogs get pooped just running around the house. I've never seen such lazy chihuahua's!!

Jana- I'm glad that you don't feel guilt or depression about the measly little 2lbs. You have a very positive attitude and that will help you during our "down" times. You are still an inspiration to me and I'm sure to all the others.

Angie- You are one BUSY lady. How do you do it all??

Caree- I love how you spell your name! I'm glad you are much happier with your new job. It makes things easier in life when we don't have to dread going to work. And you know,,, I was one of those foolish girls in a relationship that you spoke of... and I fixed that. Much happier now. So things in my life should be on the right track and getting myself healthier for MYSELF should be easier.

I want to thank you girls for all your support here. It has made things easier for me to work on myself to get healthier when I know I can come here and talk about my downs and my ups.

Ok, something is up with the computer so I better get going.

talk with you later
Marti
Old 09-15-2003, 10:27 AM   #13  

Hi ladies!

Angie...I loved Pennigtons. And Addition Elle was a favorite too.
Okay..stop, youre making me want to go shopping.
I'd go crazy in there with a staff discount.
I hope you get the job!

Marti...so far Im just walking, but Im steadily increasing my speed. At least I was before I quit for the summer. When I first started I could only do two laps, and for a while I was up to eight. The last few times Ive done four or five, but Im working on it. I feel like I might be ready to start jogging in the next little while, or at least wind sprinting. Ive been doing short sprints with the dogs when I play with them as kind of a warm up, and finding thats its not as ahrd as I thought it would be.
So tell me, how do you get yourself to drink 80 oz? I find its easier for me to drink if I have those little 8 oz bottles around. Ten little ones would seem easier to me than a bunch of big ones.
Any tips or tricks for the aqua challenged?

Well ladies, I better get back to what is turning out to be a full time job. Things are selling so fast on ebay and amazon that I cant keep up. The hubby is getting into it to. He went through the whole house last night and stacked a ton of things on my desk to try to sell. Plus we just signed up for a neighborhood yard sale next Saturday, so I have to get stuff ready for that too.
One cool thing...hubby dug out an old polaroid camera of his dads that he thinks is about 40-50 years old. We found out it might be worth $450 - $900!!!! Its like the Antiques Roadshow!

Anyway I better get back at it. Have a good one all!

Michelle
Old 09-15-2003, 11:32 AM   #14  
Give me strength

Good morning,

Marti, I find I get bored easy, and have always been busy with activities. Too busy when I lived in the small town, moving here made me slow down a bit but Im now getting into things,,,finally.

Michelle, did you know that Reitmans owns both Penningtons and Addition Elle? I found that out when I saw the sign that said Penningtons was coming to my neighbourhood soon,,,I went online to apply. And when I went to give my resume the one woman said that employees get 50% discount,,,YIKES!! I know I will have problems...lol I love clothes. And shoes.
anywho better run,
ttfn, Angie
Old 09-15-2003, 12:56 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Hello you jades lassies,

Michelle - Yay for you going back to the gym, and walking. Good luck to you with the Amazon an eBay sales, although it sounds like you don't need any more luck! And thanks for your kind words to me.

Robin - That was a good one!! I can tell you will fit right in with the other crazies here!

Angie - what am I?? Chopped liver??? Just kidding! Anyway, good luck with the job search. Keep us posted, okay?

Marti - I know what you mean about the support here. It is totally awesome, and I don't think I could do it without you guys!!

I think I've found a real-life (as compared to cyberspace) weight loss buddy. A woman from my church just found out she has some health problems, mostly due to excess weight, and so she asked me to give her some tips, etc. to help lose weight. Too bad she doesn't have access to a computer, or I would ask her to join us here.

It's almost noon here in Indiana, and I gotta go get some din-din before poor little me starves to death!

Later,
Jana
Closed Thread