Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 08:51 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default September 12th - TGIF YAHOOO !

Good Morning Everyone

Oh its gonna be a good day, my boss leaves for Spain this afternoon - 2 glorious weeks alllllllllll by myself

Whats up for the weekend, any fun plans ? (please don't say vacuuming up luv bugs ick lololol ).

We are expecting lots of rain so what can one do but growlllll clean. Gonna plan some atkin meals. Not like some people who are going to make Chocolate Raspberry Thumb Print COOKIES......you know who you are....drool

Aleaton your wedding sound very nice and I love the colors you picked. Gotta give us details as the time draws near. Did you decide on a photographer ?

I know this sounds sick but I'm thinking and planning on giving my hubby a 50th birthday party (in 3 years lololol) for some reason it keeps popping up in my head to do it so I'm gonna start planning it now. Something small, in the local VFW hall w/family & a few friends. DJ and lots of dancing. He'd kill me if he knew

I'll be back later to play....5 hours and counting

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY IN HEAVEN
Old 09-12-2003, 09:36 AM   #2  

Sorry to tell you leens but I probably will be vaccuming those nasty little buggers. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is the last weekend they will be around. They have been here for 3 weeks and it is time to move on. Hubby set off the alarm yesterday and the cops came. When they walked into the back yard to check it (b4 Joe got home) they got to see the wonderful graveyard of bugs we have. They told Joe they have never seen that many lovebugs. What a way to make you proud of your home.

I am so happy it is Friday that I could scream. Hubby is going hunting so I plan to finish our bathroom. I still didn't get it done. I need him to take all of the stuff off of the walls. We are even going to have to reverse our shower door. The idiots who installed it did it backwards and upside down. It has been opening into the bathroom door and I am sick of it. After this weekend it better be fixed. Is it is up to me it will be.

Check back later.

Did you guys here about John Ritter and Johnny Cash?
Old 09-12-2003, 10:00 AM   #3  

Good morning!

Last night was my first Tae Kwon Do class and it went really well. I'm not even sore and stiff this morning!

I've also ordered the WW @ Home stuff so I can start doing WW again! I'm feeling much better today.

Kempyd -

Where do you live that you're having such trouble with LB's? Here in Central FL we've actually had a pretty light LB season. Sorry to hear that you've got so many of them. But at least they don't sting or bite, right? Always look on the bright side of life!

Good luck with that shower door too! With my luck I'd drop it!

Leens -

No big plans for this weekend. Just hanging out and taking it easy. Oh - and taking up the sleeves and pants on my Tae Kwon Do gi.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:27 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Kem, yes I did hear about the John's passing away, its so sad, love the both of them.

I was telling some one here that I remember sitting on our parlor floor when I was a kid listening to Johnny Cash records with my Dad. I love "Ring of Fire." Sweet memories

Carole, my friend here does Tae Kwon Do (good thing you spelled it first lol). She's got her black belt in it. Last year her school took a trip to Korea and she loved it. Even though they had to pee in holes in the ground and sleep on the floor some nights, she still said it was a beautiful trip.

Ooops gotta go post my food for the day on the other thread. I'm trying like heck to cut my calorie intake but boy is it hard. GROWL !!!!! lol

TTYL, 3 1/2 hrs until I'm boss FREE !! Do you think I'm excited ?
Old 09-12-2003, 11:01 AM   #5  

Carole I live a little north of New Orleans. They say that the LB's are bad b/c it rained a good bit this year and the thrive on moisture. They like to eat decaying matter and we just built our deck so I think that might be another reason they are so bad at our house. What part of FL are you in? I just moved from Pensacola a few years ago.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Morning Chickies!

Kemp - you asked about the rain yesterday......well uhmmmm its here and boy is it here! It looks awful outside. I'm wondering how in the world we are gonna go to the football game tonight in this stuff! yuck! I don't see any way possible that the band can perform if it is anything like this by tonight! yikes. Suppose to rain all weekend - guess it will be good for all my duckhunters who have been looking forward to opening day for months.

Leenie, I posted you a question on the food journal page. Wanted to be sure you see it. It doesn't sound sick to me at all to be planning a surprise birthday party for you dh. I think its SWEET! your dh must have robbed the cradle .... aren't your 30ish? I take it he doesn't like surprises tho?

Mrs K, sounds like you've got everything going - ww ordered and taking your tae kwon do! that's great! YOU GO GIRL! funny how just getting back on track helps our outlook and our moods.

What's everybody else up to today?

cathy
Old 09-12-2003, 11:07 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Cathy, yes I'm on the verge of 30ish but he won't be 50 for another 3 years. Figured I had to start saving money now b/c things are so expensive.

Oh phooie on the rain, its supposed to hit us Tonight and just ruin our weekend.

Bring a rain poncho to the game tonight, umbrella wubba boots and a thermos of coffee spiked with Irish Cream
Old 09-12-2003, 11:25 AM   #8  

Kempyd - We live just outside of Tampa. We've had a lot of rain this year. For us the season seems to really pick up in October so who knows, we may be inundated soon! I hope not though. They're a pain in the neck!

Cathy - Yeah, right now just knowing that I'm moving in some direction (right or otherwise) is a big load off. I also think that last night I actually did enough physical activity to have some endorphines going! That never happens to me! LOL
Old 09-12-2003, 12:21 PM   #9  
CIN

Default Hi Gals!

Hello All,
I have stirred around the house since about 5:30.couldnt sleep so I got up and dont have a lot to show for it either! Sorted through some paper work...read the paper then decided to do my high intensity WW video. I was so pleased when it was over UNTIL I remembered I told my husband I didnt mind walking to the gas station to get my car.I needed the exercise! Soooooooooooo I walked a couple to the gas station and got my car and a $307. bill for it! It was supposed to around $200....oh well..............I am glad I can pay for it. Not thrilled but thankful!

As far as the weekend.I am leaving in the morning to drive to Ohio and ride with my sister-in-law and 3 nieces to a wedding in Indianapolis,Indiana tomorrow at 4PM. I am looking forward to seeing family I havent seen since my step Father passed away 3 years ago! In fact my firends funeral is about the same time as the wedding. I thought of what my friend would want me to do.She would WANT me to attend the wedding...I must admit I had to pray about that one!

I didnt hear about John Ritter or Johnny Cash. I dont have the TV on until about 9-10 at night. Seldom watch or listen to daytime TV.We are gone so much sometimes I think we just sleep here!

Wellllllllllllllllllllllll how is this for a long BORING post? Ha Ha Ha

Cin
Old 09-12-2003, 12:28 PM   #10  

Talking Morning Girlies!

I have been up for over 3 hours and time is just flying by! I have sooooo much to do. Tonight I am going to my summer scrappers challenge wrap up....I did well over 200 pages this summer and it feels great to be caught up.

Just have my wedding album to do which I will do my weekend get-away in November. It is my 14th wedding anniversary on the 14th of October so it is a special champagne anni.......and my husband and I both turn 40 in March...I want to go away in the spring on a cruise or something llike that.....we shall see how it all comes together.

Well it is a rainy day here in Alberta Canada......a great day to run around and do my 2 hour weekend tidy.....I have been off all week but I do have to work Saturday and Sunday evening.....looking forward to it.

Leens your birthday bash sounds great.....you must be very organized giving yourself 3 years to plan it......sounds nice and will be greatly appreciated I am sure. Hugs to you as your remember your father today in a special way.

Cathy how are things with your sons this fall....I often remember that conversations we used to have on MSN and miss them. Stay dry!

Mrs.K what exactly did you do last night that was so physically taxing?

Kemp good luck with the bathroom...I was shocked and saddened about Johnny Cash dying......many memories of listening to him as a child as well......and John Ritter...I always liked him.....and he was the voice of clifford ...my dd 5 will miss him.

Cin you snuck in on me....have a good weekend and hang in there!

How is everyone else doing...I will check back later.....I have got to get some things done......bye for now

Eliz

Last edited by liz321; 09-12-2003 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:47 PM   #11  
Divine Gal

Hello Ladies

Sorry I didn't post earlier then this but i had to get up at 7 this morning to go to the doctor with my hubby.It wasn't a regular doctor though.It was a ear, nose and throat doctor.My hubby had to get a hearing test today and the results were not good.We found out he will need hearing aids for both ears.He is 50% deaf in both ears.The doctor said there is no surgery to fix it because it has to do with the nerves.Doctor also made it known that by the time my husband reaches about 60 or 70 he may lose all hearing.Doctor noted that his hearing is that of a 70 year old man and he is very young to have so much hearing loss.My husband is 40 years old mind you.He is very upset about this.But I told him it was better he found out now compared to later.So I guess me and him will eventually have to take sign language classes.

But on a happier note; I lost alittle over 2 more lbs. My new week starts today.I am ready to go.YAY me!!!

Talk to ya soon
*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-12-2003, 03:27 PM   #12  

John Ritter shouldn't have died.. heart failure I believe and he was still young
Old 09-12-2003, 04:11 PM   #13  
CIN

Lynnie
Sorry to hear about your husbands hearing. Hopefully the hearing aides will help a lot.

I am proud of your loss! Keep up the good work!

Cin
Old 09-12-2003, 07:33 PM   #14  
Divine Gal

Thanks Cin!! *hugs*
Closed Thread