Weight Loss Support - Dr Phil's Weight Loss Challenge #2

Young Grasshopper
09-11-2003, 11:57 PM
Hi All!

Hope I didn't step on anyone's toes by starting a new thread. Figured the first one got pretty long and we'll have a lot to discuss once the Dr. Phil Special on friday night. (Katie Kuric Special at 8 EST)

Got the book tonight and looking forward to tomorrow. I know someone mentioned it but would anyone like to start discussing the book? Granted, I still need to read it but it's just a thought :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Deb

SunnyD57
09-12-2003, 06:45 AM
:wave: Good Morning GRASSHOPPER... I know I didn't mind you starting a new thread. I haven't said much here, but I sure have enjoyed the conversatons!! Also find am learning tons from you all ;)

Just a suggestion --- when beginning a new thread just # it to continue Example: Dr. Phil's Weight Loss Challenge #2 #3, etc..

Keep it going... this is great reading!
God Bless you all!

Angel26519
09-12-2003, 07:37 AM
Hello All!

I dont mind the new thread at all and I would love to have a book discussion if anyone is interested.....

We could run it almost like a book club if we want.... Talk about a chapter at a time.... I know I did that with another fitness book and actually learned more by doing this because there are lots of different views.....

Hope all is well with everyone....... looking forward to tonights show.... I also bought the cd's of the book to listen to.... I drive alot (in sales) so Some books I like on Cd.... do also have the book to read..... I am going to get this whole emotional stuff under control!

Talk to you soon!

doIlookfat?
09-12-2003, 11:46 AM
Angel, on the cd of the book, is it Dr. Phil's voice or somebody else's? Just curious before I buy it.

Thanks!

Heidi

Skinny4baby
09-12-2003, 12:15 PM
I am in for the book discussion group. Should we do one chapter a week?

Should we start on monday September15 or maybe... say September 22?..then that gives everyone more of a chance to buy the book/audio and also more chance for people to read this and know what we are doing????

What is everyone else's opinion on a good start day?:)

SunnyD57
09-12-2003, 03:04 PM
**FYI**

Just wanted to let everyone know that the
Special with

Katie Couric and Dr. Phil is tonight from
8 to 10 on NBC...

http://www.nbc.com/

Have a great evening!

SunnyD57
09-12-2003, 03:13 PM
SKINNY ~ For what it's worth, I think the 22nd looks good as far as the book or tape goes & chatting... so people have time to get them (I hope to this weekend) and read them before beginning chats.

Looking forward to Dr. Phil's shows!
Have a great evening eeveryone!!! ;)

Angel26519
09-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Hi all!

Heidi- The cd's are Dr Phil reading them.... so far so good and it does sound like he is following the book pretty closely.... there are 6 cd's so I do believe it is the unabridged version....

I went today and bought myself a pretty brand new journal to write in.... didnt want to write in one of the old ones because I am taking this as a fresh new start....

September 22 is fine to me on the book club.... lets say have the 1st chapter read by then to discuss.... From the cd version there are lots of little self tests that I think will be interesting to see everyones responses on.....

Maybe next week we can discuss the program that will be on tonight or we can discuss what we are hoping to get out of this book/prgram.....

What does everyone think????

Young Grasshopper
09-12-2003, 11:43 PM
Hi All!

Sorry about the name of the thread....whoever starts the next one just start with "Dr Phil's Weight Loss Challenge #3". Knew I should have numbered it!

So, what did you think of the two hour special tonight? I taped it but I was hoping for more. Hopefully, monday will be better. Think he'll get more indepth on his show. Does anyone know if he's set it up as a weekly show?

I think the 22nd would be a good day to discuss the book. Will give some the chance to buy it and read it and others the chance to put it to good use. Great idea on the new journal Angel. Have one myself. Took a picture of myself and taped it in there with all my measurements listed. Haven't gotten too far into the book but figured the journal would be a good place to do Dr Phil's writing exercises.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Deb

doIlookfat?
09-13-2003, 01:19 AM
It is so true about lifestyles that we choose. This really strikes a cord with me, because I know I choose to make my day the way it is. Mostly sitting on the couch watching tv! And I wonder why I can't lose weight?

I have to move my schedule around to force myself not to have the opportunity to snack and/or pigout all day long. I have to get myself up and out of the house more. I am lucky in that I just quit my job to stay home with the kids, yet I've been blaming the kids for me not exercising. Well, the first thing I can do is take them to the park everyday, without snacks! This I can do.

I'll be thinking of more later. My mind is racing right now. How can I sleep!

Have a good one everyone!
Heidi

Suzanne 3FC
09-13-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Angel26519
We could run it almost like a book club if we want.... Talk about a chapter at a time....

Funny you should say that, lol! Just last night I was thinking about offering a book club type forum, where we could discuss various diet/fitness books as a group. Maybe this would be the perfect way to start! If you are interested in doing this soon, before this one gets too far underway, let me know :)

Skinny4baby
09-13-2003, 09:44 AM
Suzanne...I think this is a excellent idea! I would love a book forum..I am ashamed to say how many books on diet/fitness/nutition I own!...so many that they are lined (2 rows) in the top of a spare room closet self.

I would definitely be able to contribute a multitude of book discussion..I wake up reading and I go to sleep reading!

What better way to start that with Dr. Phil's book!

mauvaisroux
09-13-2003, 11:55 AM
So....what did everyone think of Katie Couric's show last night?

I loved it when they went to the food court :lol: Those quizzes were scary! I have one Tim Horton's double double coffee and a creme filled maple glazed dougnut once a week - think I will be cutting that out now :yikes:

One part that was great was when Dr. Phil was discussing what the other doctor said about genetics etc. I totally agree with him that you can't use that as an excuse and that yes people are genetically disposed to gain ( I am one of them via my mum's side of the family) but that you should still do something about it because it will help your health even if you don't lose. I think you can still be a larger person but be healthy and just because people are slim and look healthy that doesn't mean that they are.
So it works both ways. IMHO :)

I saw the preview of his show yesterday -Wow! I didn't realize that these people were all going to be in a house together and filmed 24/7! It is like one of those reality tv shows but the ultimate prize is weight loss and improved health! :lol:

I am really looking forward to watching the shows!

Suzanne: guess I will have to buy the book now :lol:

Rowan Bailey
09-13-2003, 11:55 AM
Book Club Forum is a great idea!!

I was bummed that I missed part of the show, some people stopped by and I tried to keep my eyes on the show.

I really liked the first hour, how Katie Couric painted the picture of how easy it is to fall into the habit of eating as a coping mechanism. I am going to grab Dr. Phil's book this weekend....I will wait to hear about what everyone decides to do with the book club idea!!! -rb

Angel26519
09-13-2003, 12:18 PM
Suzanne - Book Club Forum sounds great to me... I love reading all types of books and being able to have discussions about it would be great....

I havent watched the show all the way through yet I taped it and I cant wait.... I did get to see it where he was talking about the teenage girl and her mother and that was striking a big cord in me because fo my daughter.....

Anyway I am off... .Talk to you soon!

lizabeth
09-13-2003, 01:26 PM
Suzanne,

Count me in on the book club. I wish it was a different book though... I wasn't very impressed with the show (it was really somehow superficial). The show gave just enough information to "hook" people into following the series and buying the book. I knew better than to trust the media, but I had higher hopes for Dr. Phil.

I didn't hear anything new or earth-shaking, but I did find it interesting that for once Dr. Phil was telling people (and I paraphrase) "it wasn't their fault they were fat... they were victims of the diet hype". He is really doing a sales job...

Guess I'll have to follow along and see how his information plays out.

By the way, GREAT WEBSITE! I'm enjoying being a member of the forum very much.

sprout
09-14-2003, 01:27 AM
I to watched the special re Dr. Phil. And I have purchased the book -- am to the part that I am ready to start working on the 1st key.

I would like to see discussion on this book and others that have helped people -- I have a few that I have read and that I have incorporated some of the ideas into my lifestyle.

Looking forward to having the discussion on the book and hearing how everyone is doing following his advise.

Personally I know there are people out there that don't really like him -- but I am pleased to finally hear someone who says it like it is -- to many times we tend to put on ear muffs as we really don't want to hear what we know is the truth. And I believe we all now the truth, and really know how to work our own program to permanent weight loss -- but we just dont at times like to be told bluntly to 'get up and do it' -- we tend to make all the excuses -- the the heavier we are the more excuses we have.

I am not saying it is easy to lose the weight -- to change our lifestyle -- but I know from my own lifestyle where I was of a normal healthy weight until I hit my mid 20's -- then I made a choice to overeat -- for whatever reason -- and now that I have put on more than 100 pounds it hurts to have someone tell me 'get with it, get off the you know what and do something about it' -- we all know how hard it is to change those habits and that is just what it is -- choices that we have made over the years that have developed into habits -- and not it is hard to break them.

I know I am going to give the adivce of this man a try -- why not, I have tried every thing else -- and this one really seems to get more to the point of life changes rather than just dwelling on changing the food -- it is a complete life change we have to make.

Ok, I know I have rambled long enough --

Looking forward to when we actually start this -- if we really have to wait til the 22nd -- another week, ok -- but I sure would like to have some good discussions on the book and how everyone is doing on it before then -- but I will learn patience through this!

Marilyn
287/267/260/120
total miles walked since Jan 2/02 till today: 621!!!!!

SunnyD57
09-14-2003, 06:37 AM
I'm IN! I just bought his book last night @ Wal-Mart... I am looking forward to reading it!

Thanks guys, for making this possible!
Take Care and May the Lord Bless you!
:sunny:

PS >>> Sprout... wonderful to see you here! :) !

kfs151
09-14-2003, 10:47 AM
I was just rummaging around in the henhouse trying to find if anyone else was reading/talking about Dr. Phil's book and here you are!

I'm definitely IN for a book club forum. A friend and I picked the books up on Wed. and I'm on the third key at the moment - some very interesting insights.

I found the TV special very superficial, the format wasn't really set up to dig deeper into what to do or how to change, just to acknowledge there was a problem. I'm taping his show on Monday and hope it is going to be more in-depth. It's too bad because the NBC special didn't do the book justice.

Lavender Girl
09-14-2003, 11:04 AM
Hey all:)
I bought the book today and have already read through the 7 keys. If you have a book club count me in!:D
Thanks!

Angel26519
09-14-2003, 01:54 PM
I havent watched the show yet - I videoed it but havent had the chance to take a look at it..... it sounds like it didnt live up to expectations.... bummer.... I am enjoying the book and cant wait till we start talking about it.....

One of the things we may need to think about is the reading schedule.... if we want one.... do we want to talk in specifics about each chapter or what?

Just to get this figured out....

I am off for now.....

SunnyD57
09-14-2003, 03:38 PM
Good afternoon everyone...

I too saw the show on Friday evening and didn't think it was anything more then a tease show. I really think it was meant to show you 'just enough' to interest you in watching his shows again beginning Monday. That's okay though, because even though I have heard what he had to say & most was on one of last years shows... it was good to hear it again. I like that he has 7 KEYS! 7 being the Lord's number ~ a great #! A positive winning #! ;)

I did get the book last night and just had a moment to read the Acknowledgements & browse through the book to see how it was laid out and love it already. He has such a way with words & is so very kind to those helped him & supported him & to those who need his help. AND... he had allot of help in the writing of it from his wife & children to Oprah to MD's & Ph D's! I like that the book is written as if 'he' were speaking and that he really does want to help those of us "who are stuck".

So far so good... now to get into the nitty-gritty!

This group looks to be a great group of people!
I so look forward to your posts (the different and indifferent) and being able to share with you my thoughts as well. I like that we are all from different areas of the world, from different backgrounds and nationalities and are all coming together for one purpose --- to lose the weight and gain back our lives!

Thanks for letting me go on...
I wish you all the very best of success!

Blessings!

doIlookfat?
09-14-2003, 06:24 PM
I'm so bummed. I want so badly to go and buy the audio tape of Dr. Phil's book, but haven't been able to get out of town yet. Take the kids?....NOT! Just took 3 year old to to Target and was this close to leaving him on a shelf with a price tag. Hubby is at a wine tasting and won't be back till late. Boy, I wish we had some good stores here. I'm pretty sure Wal mart doesn't have it either, if Target didn't have it. That's all we have here. Not even one bookstore in Hickville, USA.

I've been trying to move my schedule around to try and avoid making more eating mistakes, and to fit exercise in. So far, so good, on day 2. Rarely do I make it to a "day 2". Kind of a nice feeling. I walked 4 miles with my mom yesterday, and did the WATP tape #3 this morning. I have to do something everyday, and eat (snack and portions) less. I already lost a couple pounds of water weight, which is just fine with me! A pound is a pound.

I'm also working on not sabotoging myself, and not listening to that stupid little voice that tells me it's ok to eat __________(fill in the blank) when it most definitely isn't. Why does that voice hate me so much? Well, out with that guy. I'm going to like myself and believe in myself. I have made mistakes, I have talked myself into being overweight, but no more. It's what I want and it's what I deserve. Go me!

Talk to ya later! Wish me luck in getting to audio tape soon!
Heidi

Young Grasshopper
09-14-2003, 06:33 PM
Hi All!

Have to agree on the whole "tease" thing about the show. Really hoping that tomorrow's Dr Phil show will be better. Going to tape it while at work.

Can't believe that some of you have breezed through it. I decided to take time and do all his assignments as I go through. Granted, there could only be the first assignments...pg 30 or so. :lol: Normally I would breeze by those but I really want to give this a shot. Can't believe how much writing I'm doing.

Start a new job tomorrow and trying to structure my schedule around weight loss. Job is a block from the YMCA...no more excuses as to why I don't go. Figure a new job, new enviroment, new rules for me. At least I won't be home grazing.

Hope everyone has a great week! Looking forward to the book forum. Was thinking we might even post some of our responses to his assignments....might make good inspiration for others. There's already a "Reasons for Losing Weight" thread might make a good read for those looking for inspiring goals. Guess we need to play it by ear and I need to read the book! :lol:

Have a great week!

Deb

Deb

Angel26519
09-15-2003, 08:00 AM
Ok watched the show last night finally..... I think it is one of those things where he had an two hours to give a brief overview of his plan, give the interview that Katie wanted, walk through a food court, and then tlak to people live..... alot to do in two hours.... I di wish that he could have been more in depth but I guess I understand why he couldnt......

He is apparently about to be on the Today show this morning also.... figure I will record that also.... but probably also going to be just a snipet.... I think one he is on his show he will get more indepth.

As for the book club what if we go over one of the 7 keys for each review.... and I dont know if we want to do 1 or 2 a week.... I am not sure how much time each person has to dedicate to this..... I for one have a tendency to blow through a book in a day.... going to try to go much slower through this one and make sure I follow all the steps.... I really need it to click....

SunnyD57
09-15-2003, 10:06 AM
Good Morning!

I have to agree with you Angel... like taking it very slow.
I want what he has to tell me to sink in!

I like your idea allot...

SunnyD57
09-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Hello Deb,
Just wanted to wish you the best at your new job and your new beginning! My hubby wants to join the new YMCA when it opens in Oct. here I am joining 'Curves'. Tomorrow morning at 9:30 is my FIRST appointment... can't wait to start! I wish you well on your new adventure!

I too am taking my time reading his book and don't want to breeze through it - I browsed through it, but am taking my time in reading it and am taking lots & lots of notes too!

Isn't this all so exciting!
And to have someone to share it all with is very new to me & a great feeling...
bet you couldn't tell, huh :lol:

Have a great day one moment at a time...

gemini
09-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Count me in! I missed last week's Friday night special....... sounds like I didn't miss much. I just finished chapter 1 of the book, and looking forward to some good discussion.

I am off to the mall to buy a pedometer, but will be home to watch day 1 of the new season!

SunnyD57
09-15-2003, 12:23 PM
I just wanted to share a part of the book with you.

It's written in Part 1:1--- Getting Real About You and Your Weight (Pg 8)

"Get up each morning, look at yourself in the mirror, and see yourself not as someone who is overweight or out of shape, but as the someone you will become, a person with a greater level of dignity and worth who, for probably the first time ever, is finally going to succeed --- for a lifetime."

Is that cool or what!

kfs151
09-15-2003, 12:28 PM
My favorite quote from the book so far is actually a quote from Winston Churchill he uses at the start of the 3rd key:

"Sometimes it is not enough to do your best; you have to do what is required"

To me, that really cuts through all the excuses.

gemini
09-15-2003, 04:31 PM
Well, I caught the first show... as Dr. Phil promises in the book, there are no quick fixes. Don't expect to get hit by a "lightening bolt" from this one show. This will be a season-long process.

All in all, I like the message he is presenting. And, I decided, rather than just sitting on the couch in front of the tv to watch the show, I should get on my bike and peddle while I watch. I must say, I found the show gave me inspiration to peddle a little faster, harder, and longer.

Can't wait for day 2.................... :)

SunnyD57
09-15-2003, 04:52 PM
WoW GEMINI... you have seen it already!? It doesn't come on here till 5:00pm. Did you see it at 3:00?? And was it on NBC? I had someone from S. Carolina ask and I thought it was on at the same time on the E. coast. I sure hope I didn't mess up and give her the wrong time...

I don't have any chilcdren (can't), but do have three what I call my kids ;) , Cats... Domino (7 1/2), Guido & Zeppe (brothers 1 yr 3mo.). Love 'em to death.
***Welcome!*** Nice to meet you!

Zeppe --- Domino --- Guido looking out our front screen door wanting to join us ;)

SunnyD57
09-15-2003, 05:01 PM
Hi KIM! Nice to meet you too.
Also a great quote! Show is starting... gotta go watch!
Later!

gemini
09-15-2003, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Sunny. :) Yes, the show is on at 3pm here, on CBS. Loved the photo of your cats. :)

Angel26519
09-15-2003, 06:55 PM
Hi Everyone!

Watched the show today and cried.... some of those people are me. I am sure others could relate also.

I am hoping to change all this. My hubby, me and my daughter started a modifed South Beach Diet today. Basically we are trying to just cut the bad stuff out. No Sugar, No White Flour, etc....

We are all feeling a little blecky today.... I am sure it is because we havent put any garbage in.... withdrawals....

We did try the Diet Rite soda that has Splenda in it... it actually isnt bad... taste bascially like the store bought cola....

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone....

I am thinking that we start next Monday with the 1st Key and have a discussion about it.

SunnyD57
09-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Hi Angel,

That's what I did too --- cried when I saw those people (especially the one on the video Dr. Phil was watching... I really felt her pain.)

I have been doing a modified South Beach Program since July 1st... did do the first phase to cleanse my body (tough!), but now just fill my days with good foods like lean proteins, lots of veggies at each meal (veggies-good carbs! snacks of fruit, almonds or deviled egg or two and a Ricotta Cheese dessert). So I have Breakfast - Snack - Lunch - Snack - Dinner & Dessert - done for the evening. Try not to eat later then 7pm and drink 8 glasses or better of water and take 1 Citrucil tablet @ dinner to keep regular ;). The only day I do not count anything is on Sunday. And I have a treat on that day--- like a 1/2 cup ice cream. I look forward to it and find I don't cheat knowing I have it to look forward to.

Tonight... my hubby and I had a 2 egg omlet with a slice of munster cheese and sliced beefsteak tomatoes (from our garden:) ) with slivers of fresh basil (from my garden), salt & peper --- so yummy!

My Best for everyone!!!!

PS>>> I also enjoy Diet-Rite made with Splenda. I use Splenda over the others - just think it's much healthier and safer!

First key---sounds great!

Summerlover
09-15-2003, 09:45 PM
I wish I could watch the show, but I don't have the time. I am waiting for his book to arrive from my book club. I can't wait!!! Summer

Mitchypoo
09-15-2003, 10:24 PM
Hello all,

I'd love to join you and I think this is a great thread idea. I have not bought the book yet and i didn't see the 2 hour special but my mother told me a little about it and it peaked my curiousity. I did see Dr.Phil's show today(I tape it and watch after work). I put some notes in a journal about what he said and I hope to get the book tomorrow. Thanks to whoever said they got it at Walmart, i'll go check that out.

I think the 22nd sounds like a great idea to start talking about the 1st chapter. That way we can get the book and read it.

I did fairly well tonight with my low-carb efforts but I couldn't succumb to eating some candy tonight. I'm going to have to just throw it out so i'm not tempted.

doIlookfat?
09-15-2003, 11:02 PM
Gave in and bought the book last night. No audio tape in sight.

I read the first part, and ready to start part 2. I hope it's ok I read the first 3 chapters. I'm a speed reader, and can't stop when I start going. I would have kept going, but I didn't want to delve into too much too soon. I need to pace myself.

I really get this. Can't wait to start talking about it in depth, and getting into the first key.

Heidi

Bev
09-15-2003, 11:04 PM
Hi everyone, I would also like to join in the book thread. i am off to walmart tomorrow to pick up my copy of the book. I also recorded the show today and will also record tomorrow .

bev

Rowan Bailey
09-16-2003, 12:59 AM
I watched the show today and have the book in hand. I love Dr. Phil, went to see his show being taped last season, and will probably go this season as well, I live in L.A.

I am looking forward to reading this book, I am really ready to change my life, I am tired of being a thin person stuck in a fat body!

Looking forward to the 22nd!

-rb

SunnyD57
09-16-2003, 06:16 AM
http://www.graphicgarden.com/diverse7/graphics/linkware/misc/books1/bkcl1m.gifA very Good Morning to you all!

:wave: Hi MICHELE... So glad to see you here! We are going to have a good time making our lives better all together... Today is a new day! Forget what happened yesterday, okay. No need to beat yourself up over something that can't be changed now. You will have a better day today :)

And a Warm "WELCOME" to SUMMER, BEV & RB! I think it would be great to see a taping of the show... you are so lucky to live so close RB! I really like Dr. Phil too!

Hello HEIDI... so sorry you weren't able to find the audio --- I looked for you too, but to no avail. Glad you decided to get the book. It is pretty easy reading, as if he were speaking. Glad you are pacing yourself --- me too, I have a tendancy to move too fast and this time I want it all to "sink-in!"

And a GOOD Morning to SKINNY, MAUV, KIM, GEMINI, ANGEL, DEB, SPROUT, LIZABETH & LAV. GIRL... Forgive me if I have left anyone out.

Just wanted to wish you all a Beautiful New Day! I go at 9:30 this morning to sign up with 'Curves'... so looking forward to going!
Blessings!

Angel26519
09-16-2003, 09:34 AM
Hello All-

Suzanne has created a book club forum so go check it out....

I went ahead and started the thread for us on Dr Phils book and gave an outline of the schedule I think we should keep.... it will get us done just before the holidays which I think is a good idea.

I found the cd's of the book in Walkdenbooks and Borders also had it when I was there.... wherever you go if they dont have it in stock they may be able to order it for you.

Sunny - Good Luck @ Curves today! I know you can do it!

Anyway, any suggestions on the running of the book club are greatly appreciated..... I am so looking forward to this....

I think we should keep this thread open for now and chat here until monday also.... maybe get more people interested....

gemini
09-16-2003, 09:43 AM
Good morning, gang. :)

Just thought I'd point out that Dr. Phil has set up an entire section of his website (www.drphil.com) to compliment the book and tv series. He's got message boards, on-line journal, quizes, homework, tips, etc. It looks like a good way to work through the book, and catch up on anything you may miss from the show.

Hope everyone is well........ :)

MrsK
09-16-2003, 11:06 AM
Hello! I bought the book yesterday and then came home and watched the show.

I'm looking forward to seeing who he chooses. Though I won't be home to watch it today since I'll be at my second Tae Kwon Do class! I'll have to tape it and watch it tonight.

I did take the readiness test from the book on his website before I even spent the money on his book.

I know that much of what Dr. Phil says is plain old common sense and things that I should already know - but something in the way he writes and says things really hit home with me.

I started reading the book and I made it through the introductory chapter last night. Today I am going to read it again and work through the questions. I'm going to put the answers to the questions in my journal here so that they are out there for everyone to see - especially everyone doing the UWLC!

Can't wait to get started with everyone!

jilles
09-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Hi everyone, count me in too!

I bought the tapes on the day they came out. Only have listened to side 1 of 1. Think I am going to go get the book too. I watched his first show yesterday and can't wait to find out who he picks. Wow, did you see all those vcr tapes that were submitted!
I am on Weight Watchers right now. Week 3 and today I am in a funk. Not sure why, think I am staying up to late at night quilting. Must get more sleep! I have joined WW a ton of times and only to drop out after a few weeks or to gain back all my weight. It is time for me to get down to the root of my problem I guess. So Dr. Phil, I am all yours. lol!
Can't wait for this group to begin!!!

Jill/ott2bthin

SunnyD57
09-16-2003, 01:10 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32013

This BOOK CLUB begins on Monday-September 22...
Thanks to Suzanne and Angel!
Come join in! :)

mauvaisroux
09-16-2003, 02:42 PM
Thanks for starting the thread in the book club Angel!

I bought the book at lunch time today and can't wait to get home and start reading. I haven't watched the show yet - I taped it yesterday but my WW meeting was last night so I haven't had a chance to see it yet. I am taping today's show too and will watch them back to back.

I am glad we are doing this I need a bit of of a mental boost to get me going again :)

Bev
09-16-2003, 03:05 PM
I just picked up my book at walmart and I can't wait to start it.

bev

Angel26519
09-16-2003, 05:42 PM
It looks like we have a great group coming along!

I am so excited! I think this weekend I will start a thread over there to give our introductions.... but I will wait until Friday or Saturday!

Doing great right now with everything and am looking forward to this working!

Young Grasshopper
09-16-2003, 06:14 PM
Hi All!

The new job is working well for this diet! I work in a hospital and get my lunch half price....salad I don't have to cut up? I'm game. Probably the only way I'll eat it. I always buy veggies with the best of intentions but....

Only got the second half of both shows :(. Asked my brother to tape them but he didn't :(. Really like what I saw so far. Can't wait to see how they do in the house. Didn't expect that. Know what you mean about seeing yourself in the twelve.

Thanks for starting the book thread Angel. I think I'm going to check out Dr Phil's site and see how they are going to handle it. Wonder if we should keep this thread open as well as the one for the book?

Hi Sunny :). Saw your posts and seem so upbeat!

Deb

Young Grasshopper
09-16-2003, 06:16 PM
DON'T POST HERE...THREAD'S GETTING TOO LONG. STARTING DR. PHIL'S WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE #3

DEB