Weight Loss Support - Stay at home Mom's #85

View Full Version : Stay at home Mom's #85

ECmom
09-10-2003, 08:21 PM
Welcome to a thread full of laughter, support and encouragment as we try to maintain a household, raise our families and lose weight. All newcomers feel free to jump right in and regular posters too. Have a great OP day!

:)

ECmom
09-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Hi, just me again!

Spryng- sounds like you are getting this WW plan down. I'll check out the magazine for you next week and see if they have an issue. As far as Winning Points and Flex Points there is really not much difference. With winning points you got the points each day, but were able to "bank" them. Flex points they are prebanked for the week for you- but you can allocate them as you like. Still points are points. Both my WW pal here and I like the old journal better than the Flex POints one. The function the same but I like the Winning points version better- it actually seems easier to use. Glad too that the oatmeal worked for you.
as soon as they replace my booklet on that topic (only available at meetings or by joining WW at home) I will send it to you. It had a lot of good ideas about how to eat well and what makes you feel good. BTW, how did you like that book with all those tips in it? I find that so useful!!

Jen- sounds like you have a good plan for yourself with eating.
I know from my old self employed days (when I would be up all nite writing) that those late nights are killers and it is hard to tell what meal you are eating......is this lunch.......dinner......snack.....and what day???? Sounds like you have it figured out!!!:)

What a screwy day. There was a minor chemical spill at the High School- and thus it delayed all the bus routes.......so we got home pretty late. I am one tired puppy!!!!
Gotta go get Dd in, it is getting dark. See ya tomorrow.
Ginny

spryng
09-10-2003, 09:27 PM
Good evening all!
Ginny I just sent you an email. I'm a little upset right now. I think my food point slider is ruined thanks to a busy 2 year old. Kids... gotta love em'. lol.
other than that I am doing great OP today. I thought I was starving at dinner so I made enough to have more... but after my first plate of portioned entrees I made myself wait 20 minutes to see if that would suffice or if I really was still hungry... well 20 minutes passed and I forgot all about wanting more! So it worked. I put all the food away and drank more water. I have enough points left today for a nice snack this evening after the kids go to bed.
Well, I need to go clean up the mess my ds made in the kitchen, the one that included my food points slider. :(
TTYL!

KarenW
09-11-2003, 12:07 AM
Hi Everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA! The kids school schedule yesterday was so Crazy! And did I tell you that I am dd's Daisy Scout Leader this year? I had a meeting in the morning with my co-leader to plan our first month and then another Leader meeting with my service unit last night. In between I had to pick up dd at 11:15, eat lunch and do some GS stuff, then Pick up DS at 2:45, Ds Soccer Practice at 3, DD soccer practice at 4:30, DS soccer pictures at 4:52 DD soccer pictures at 5:00 then finished dd's soccer practice. Now the crazy part is that for all those trips to school and soccer it is a 20 minute drive one way! Sigh....

But I did get my exercise in yesterday! We scrimmaged parents against kids for DD's practice for 35-40 minutes.. what a lot of running! And NO BREAKS! SO I really didnt miss my treadmill! :)

Got to the gym today and had a bit of a slower day. Had to work on the school website so that is why I havent posted until now (Its 8:03 pm here!)

Everyone sounds like they are doing well and great with their eating plans. I wish I had more time and could remember everyone's individual posts!

I have a question for you all though... I think I am the weird one here as I have always heard that most people are hungry right before TOM. But for the last few years, a few days before TOM starts I start to not be hungry and have to force myself to eat. When I do eat I tend to want salty things, like chips or nuts, but i still dont eat that much. Does anyone else have that problem? I havent even gotten in 1000 calories yet today, although my fat/protien/ carb ratios are on target for the day...

well I better run. I have a ton more email to answer!

Hugs to all!

ECmom
09-11-2003, 12:55 PM
Good morning!
Just a short hello-

Spryng sorry about your mess.....hang in there I have another slider. And by now you have an idea of what stuff is. Email me with any points questions until you get another slider, ok? (but me being a bear of little brain deleted your home address, so please resend it to me). Glad that you had an OP day and hopefully today will be the same!!!!!!

Karen- you are a lady with many hats!! A Daisy Leader too????
Glad that you got your workout in.:) As far as your PMS eating- I can get that way also....and sometimes I crave the wierdest stuff to eat. Guess it is best to say that anything is normal with female hormone mood swings.

Got my walk in this am....and so far eating is good. Seems I have a wee bit of a stomach bug, so I am going to bug out of here and get some rest (unheard of!!!!!!) Have a great day- maybe I will be back later.
Ginny

spryng
09-11-2003, 03:27 PM
Good afternoon all!
Karen, boy you are so busy. You rank right up there with Ginny and Jackie. I thought their lives were hectic! (in a good way of course) but you rival them, lol. You sound like you are still doing great with your WOE. I'm so happy for you. How was your WI this week? Good I'm sure.
Ginny, thanks so much for the extra food slider and yes I will email you if I need help with any food items until I recieve it. Tonight though I alraedy had planned to make a certain dinner so I know how many points there are involved. I am trying my hand at a gourmet meal!!! I'm so excited! It's pork loin chops in a creamy garlic sauce. It even calls for dry sherry in the recipe, of which I have never cooked with or tried before, plus many fresh herbs I've never used... but I'm so excited!!! It's only 6 points a serving. We are about to have some terrible thunderstorms this afternoon and tonight so right after I fed and dressed Tanner this morning I hauled the kids into town for some quick grocery shopping and errands... they were very good. But I wrote down two recipes out of my Light Cooking cookbook I wanted to try and gathered all the ingrediants today so that I am prepared. I am so excited to cook something other than tuna helpers, box items, or single entrees like baked chicken and such. I am hoping that not only am I changing my eating habits for the rest of my life but that I can become a great cook in the process too!! I know... high hopes... but I'm excited about it! I guess I've said that enough huh?? lol
I also got in my workout as soon as the kids laid down for their nap today. I don't know how bad these storms are going to be so I don't know if I'll have electricity tonight when I usually do my workouts. So I put in my Denise Austin Fat Blasting workout and did the high intensity aerobics/weight training. I loved it! I was actually able to do the whole thing without stopping once. So I guess riding my recumbant bike has got me back into shape enough to do high intensity. But it is a challenging workout and boy did I sweat! Nothing a cool shower didn't fix, lol. But I feel good about it. Ginny any idea of what the activity points for that would be? It's 20 mins long. I think I may start doing that tape more often. :) I should see results pretty fast with it.
Well anway, I'm doing great OP today. And don't worry Ginny. I never plan to stray from this. With the Flexpoint or even banked point system I never need to. If I want that high calorie meal I'll use my banked points for it, there is no need to cheat on this plan ever! That's what I have grown to love about it!! It's so great.
Ok, I guess I've talked enough. I hope everyone is having a great day and getting better weather than I am. Talk to you soon!!

KarenW
09-11-2003, 04:18 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

I thought I would check in with some good news first! I broke my plateau!! WOO HOO! I dropped 1.5 pounds to bring me down to 189.5! WOO HOO! I am so happy! I a ma few days away from weigh in but this morning my jeans were just too loose to not get on the scale! I am so proud!

Yeah, I am kind of a busy mom but I love it! It keeps me on my toes anad the kids love to have me involved! I am sure as they get older my involvement will get less and less. But I do really love it now.

Ginny - you feel better! I hope you tummy bug is better! And I hope you got some good rest in!

Spryng - I love to cook "gourmet". I have a bookshelf loaded with cookbooks. And Yes, I can still use a lot of them right now! Once I get to Pre Maintenance and LIfetime I will be back to using them again myself...

Talk to you all later.. got to get up on that treadmill today before picking up my son!

K2BMe
09-11-2003, 04:29 PM
Here I am!:wave: I'm still hanging around! Feeling abit better. Really stiff tho. Its a good thing that I'm finally off the bedrest. Oh geesh I thought I'd lose my mind. I hope tomorrow I'll be back among the living.

Ginny and Spryng, you two sound like you are doing really great. I'm so excited for ya. I'm hearing all kinds of great things about WW. I saw a gf in the dr office on tuesday, I hadn't seen her in nearly a year. She lost all kinds of weight with WW and looked great. Keep up the great work!

Karen I hope you are getting plenty of rest and some down time so you don't get to burnt out. Its easy to do with so many errands and such. Sounds like you are having no problem staying OP. About your TOM question, I'm like Ginny and tend to go both ways. It depends on my mood and the things going on in my life. Not to much to worry about as long as you bounce back after Tom. Mostly mine hit when i was really overwhelmed on the farm and it was really hot. I'd pack a few protein bars and health shake to keep me lined out. I'm not sure how that would help you on the Adkins diet tho... I think I remember seeing on the Adkins site they had energy bars. Thats just the thing too food is energy and you will really need that energy to keep up with your busy schedule. :) hope I helped some

Well I'm gonna see if can slip away from the kids and plunder around in the barn for awhile. Being on bed rest bakes it hard to run off and get alittle quiet time. Oh and I need it. Dd#1 has read the night before Christmas to me 50x's :lol: She's a little sweetie but you can only enjoy that story so many times! Have a great OP day!

gemini
09-11-2003, 05:25 PM
Christmas in September, Michele? :lol: Glad to hear you are feeling better and that you could stop by. Don't over-do it, though, ok? I do understand getting stir-crazy, though!:dizzy:

Karen, Congrats on the loss!!!! You gotta be so excited!!!! I'm with you on the kid stuff........ I love being involved in their activities. When I was a kid, my parents never got involved, and I was always jealous of the kids who had their parents with them. Of course, my kids will probably grow up wishing I'd kept to myself! :lol: But, I think they'll appreciate it after some time and therapy. :D

Ginny, so sorry to hear about your tummy. :( I am trying to ward off a mild sinus/chest cold, myself. Not feeling well is no fun, but at least it zaps your appetite! :D Hope you got some good rest in. Sending you get-well hugs..........

Spryng, I hope you enjoy your meal! It sounds wonderful! I was about your age when I really started getting into cooking, too. I am like Karen..... I have loads of cookbooks, and the Food Network is my fave channel! I also have a couple of subscriptions to cooking magazines. I was a little down, at first, about not being able to use some of my favorite recipes because of my new WOE, but I have found that I can alter them and they still come out great. Doing little things like substituting egg beaters or egg whites for whole eggs, etc. can make a big difference and really doesn't change the recipe's flavor much. I have some great frozen crab ravioli in the freezer that I am cooking up tonight, with a very light parmesan sauce........ yummmmmmm!!

Well, somehow I survived today. I was so tired this morning after work..... I couldn't get out of my own way. Thankfully, ds was also tired so he laid down with me for awhile. It took me awhile to get going this afternoon, but now I feel like I may even have a bit of energy for a moderate walk this evening when dh gets home from work. Then I'll come home and make that ravioli dinner.

oh, and I did like Karen and hopped on the scale early this week, because I just couldn't stand the suspense. But, I'm not going to report what I saw.... just that I liked it! I want to give it the full week and have my "official" WI on Monday and then I'll report.

K, off to get some dinner ready for the kids, feed the dogs, supervise homework, etc...... have a great night, everyone! :)

mel17
09-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Good evening ladies!

Boy I tell you, I just forgot how busy little ones keep you! Myra is doing better today, I ended up putting her on Isomil and she seems a bit better already!

Ginny, to answer your question, we've been doing a lot of walking and bouncing to deal with her touch of colic. I think it was mostly because of a milk sensitivity, and I hope it will be better now that we've switched her formula! And BTW~ I didn't have much luck with nursing her, it's a long story, but while we were in the hospital she needed to be supplemented and wouldn't nurse after that. I didn't give up though, I just kept trying and was pumping and feeding her that, but she just kept fight me, and now my milk is nearly gone, because I haven't been eating well or drinking enough either. But~ on the bright side~ I lost another 8 lbs. this week for a total of 42 lbs in 3 weeks! I gained an awful lot of fluid during my pregnancy and am just finally getting rid of it, and now I have 30 pounds to go, just to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight! Oh, and I can now drive again, so I'll be re-joining WW again next week! I'm so excited too, cause I have all of you to help get and keep me motivated!

Well, I better go get bottles done so I can turn in! Good night!

spryng
09-12-2003, 12:00 AM
Good evening all!
What a day I had! It all went really well. And dinner was AMAZING!! I was so proud of myself for cooking that meal. I'll definitely be having it again soon! It was so much fun to make and delicious to eat. Even the kids gobbled it up! :)
But not only did my ds mess up my food point slider... tonight I laid it on something on the counter and guess what? It feel behind my cabinets!!! I was so upset! But thankfully Ginny was already sending me another one. I have to be more careful. Tomorrow since I won't have anything to tally my points for certain food I will stick to things I know the value of. Like Oatmeal for breakfast, pitas for lunch, and left over pork chops in garlic sauce with brown rice for dinner. And hopefully I get the new slider come saturday. I hope anyway...
Karen congrats on breaking your plateau!!! That is so awesome. I know you must be so proud of yourself. Now hopefully the weight will come off normally.
Misty, glad you are feeling better now and off bedrest. I was on bedrest with my dd for the first 3 months of pregnancy due to unexplained bleeding and yes it wasn't fun. But it wasn't too hard to stay in bed all day since it was my first pregnancy and I didn't have any other kids to take care of. I couldn't imagine being stuck in bed with other children to care for. Just take it easy so your back doesn't give you any more problems! You are getting so close!
Oh Jen! The suspense is killing me! I can't wait to hear all about your WI !! It's so great that everyone is doing so well lately! Very motivating for us all!
Well, I guess I'll get in bed. Actually getting to bed before 10 pm tonight. That is a first for me in a while. :) I'll chat with you ladies tomorrow! G'nite!

jelynn
09-12-2003, 12:02 AM
Good evening gals~
Well I'm PMSing...ahhhh the joys. ANd since I'm already not in control it makes it even harder to curb those urges for fat, sweet and chocolate! I know I just need to get a day or 2 OP behind me and I'll get on a roll.
Yesterday I worked in the yard all afternoon- what a workout! Today I was too sore to do anything. Tomorrow I will do my WAAP video- or get out for a walk if it's not too windy for the kids.
I did go grocery shopping today and am well stocked in fruits and veggies- made an awesome chicken stir-fry tonight (if I do say so myself-lol). Thank goodness my boys like broccoli!
Well, I hear a crying baby upstairs *sigh* and here I thought he was down for the night. Darn.

Later! :wave:
Emily

spryng
09-12-2003, 12:06 AM
Mel you snuck in on me! Sorry to hear about the breast feeding problems. that is what happened to me with my first child. I just had too many problems and had to put her on formula. It was hard on me emotionally to do that but best for her. Since then my kids have only had formula. I think the best of women who can breastfeed but I am also a firm believer in formula feeding. Whatever is best for the child. So don't feel like you have to defend your choice to us, we know you are a great mother to Myra!! And I hope her colic gets better soon. Tanner was really fussy the other day for the whole day and it really stressed me out. I guess he must have not felt so good. I couldn't imagine women who have to go through that daily. Thankfully he is back to his smiling cheerful self. Hey, 30 lbs to get back to your prepregnancy weight is good! You can do it and then start back down to your goal weight. You were very focused before when you were on WW and I know you will be again. That's what we are here for!
Ok, I really am going to get in bed now. I'll chat more tomorrow!

spryng
09-12-2003, 12:13 AM
Emily you snuck in on me too! Ok, guess I'm not getting in bed by 10 pm after all. lol. What plan are you on again? It's hard to fight those craving when TOM hits. maybe instead of denying yourself you should incorporate a small amount of chocolate into your day. Sometimes it only takes a bite or two to stiffle that urge. And your workout plan sounds great. I wish I could work in my yard... I love that kind of work. Next year I plan to do some real landscaping in my front yard. Tanner will be old enough to play outside while I work. I don't know if I will ever do anything to our back yard because that is where my two oldest play and they destroy anything living, lol. I have an azaela bush out there and when it bloomed I had azaela petals all over my yard and no flowers remaing on my bush. It looked terrible but my yard was very colorful! lol. I hope the baby gets back to sleep for you. Have a great evening!

KarenW
09-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Good morning everyone!

I dont have a whole lot of time, but I wanted to check in.

Mel - You are doig so well losing all that pregnancy weight! Dont worry about switching to formula... I had to do that with dd too. I wasnt producing enough milk at 4 nonths and she was sucking so hard that she was causing me to bleed! The doctor had me pump for a couple of months to heal myself before going empty because she really did a number on me so she did have breast milk and formula for 2 months. BUt I felt like such a failure. DS had breastfed for almost a full year with no problems at all. I hope the colic goes away for you with the switch! Ds had that too for a couple of weeks until I decided to take him off the vitamins the doctor told me to put him on! It was aweful! Hangf in there gal!

Emily - I get the Salt cravings during PMS! so I understand. Like Spryng said, add a couple of bites to your diet. I always have a few nuts or now in the case of Atkins, Pork rinds, and that seems to help!

Spryng - I am glad that meal worked out well for you! Cooking is fun isnt it? I come from a very large Italian family and learned to cook at my Grandmother's knee so it is inbred in me! But I love it! :):)

I woke up this morning with a horrible pain in my left knee. It is better now but still hurts. I must have twisted it during the night. I think I am going to go to the gym and get on the stationary bike. I dont think I could handle the eliptical today! Maybe the treadmill....

Talk to you all later!

gemini
09-12-2003, 11:30 AM
Good morning, ladies. :)

Mel, I am with Spryng on the b/f issue. I tried with all 3... my first was a complete failure.. even the nurses in the maternity ward told me to give it up! :lol: My 2nd was better, but he was one of those babies that would nurse for 10 minutes, then fall asleep for 20 minutes, then wake up and nurse another 10 minutes, etc. He would have been attached to me all day, and I had a 23month old to chase around! He did fine on formula. Now my last, he was a natural nurser, and I b/f him for about 3 months, til I couldn't keep up with him anymore. He was a little pig! He drank five 8oz bottles/day at 3 months old!!!! I pumped and mixed breast milk and formula til he was 6 months old, then it was just formula after that. I am a firm believer that a happy, well-rested formula-feeding mom is better for baby than a miserable stressed-out b/f mom!

Emily.... hang in there! PMS is a tough time! I am hoping since I started this plan just after my period ended, that I will be more able to resist in a couple of weeks when I hit my PMS. I'm finding that the longer I do this, the less I want junk, because it makes me feel just awful after. Hope you got some rest last night.

Spryng, glad your meal turned out so well! Sorry about your slider, though. :( Ginny is so great to send you another one. :) Hope you also got some good rest last night.

Ginny, are you down for the count with the tummy bug? Gosh, I hope not. Please check in when you can.

Karen and Michele, hope you girls are well, too. :)

So, I had a GREAT walk last night! I was a little tired, but once I got going, I felt really good. I brought my 2lb hand weights along and swung them the whole way... boy, could I feel it! I came home and slept like a baby.

This morning's work-out was not so great. I struggled through 20 minutes on my bike, because of my chest cold. I intensified for about 5-7 minutes, but kept it light the rest of the time. I would have liked to have peddled a bit longer, but it was getting tough to breathe and I had to cough, so I stopped. I know I just need to take it easy til I get over this. And tomorrow I'll take a break from exercising because I have to work tonight AND tomorrow night, so I will sleep most of the day tomorrow.

Well Spryng, I guess I won't keep you in suspense any longer. I stepped on the scale again first thing this morning,and I was so excited with what I saw, I just have to report...... It read 171lbs! So, since Monday, I am down 6lbs! :D I know that you always lose a lot during the first week, so I am not setting myself up for losses anywhere near this great each week. But I have worked really hard this week, and I am so happy. My "official" WI will be Monday, so maybe I'll be down another pound by then, but if not, I am happy! :)

Well, I have lots to do today, so better get moving...... have a great one, all. :)

ECmom
09-12-2003, 12:24 PM
Good morning!
I have a busy morning.....when aren't they? So, I will not be able to get personal too much. Please forgive me.

Jen- WTG on your WI!!!!! That is awesome.
Karen- hope that knee is better.
Spryng- and when you master gourmet cooking......come and make dinner for me too! Just think, when Dh gets home he will come home to a svelte gourmet cook!
Emily- half the battle is having the right snack foods in the house- good job!!!! (why is it we all gravitate to junk in a rush?)
Melissa- WTG with your weight loss! Can't wait till you are a WW again too. And glad that you have found a formula that Myra tolerates well. Colicy babies are no fun.
Michele- glad that you are feeling better!!!!!!! Take it slow- as if you can! How sweet of Dd to read to you (ok, I am sure you are craving something a bit more challenging than the Night B4 Christmas!

Last night I had to take Ds to pick up his ailing bike- and then because we were there we did our weekly trip to Walmart. But that got us home at 10......and I still had to put at least the perishables away. So I am beat! No walk this morning, but Dd has a soccer practice after school and I usually walk then. I'm feeling a bit better- but have a combo stomach bug/cold - nothing really bad but I am not 100%. BTW Spryng- I am not looking at my workout slider right now- but you have to grade your exhertion level. Low is casual walking. Medium is brisk walking- and enough of a workout that you cannot sing while doing so.
High is running- can't really talk while doing that. 20 minutes at high might just eek it into 2 points. I'll have to check. I did buy (while waiting for Ds's bike ) a 3 mile high intensity Leslie Sansone tape, she uses hand weights for it. Probably get to use that this rainy weekend.
Gotta go fold the laundry mountain.
See ya!!!
:lol: :) Ginny

gemini
09-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Karen, hope your knee is better.... how did it go at the gym?

Ginny, hope you get some rest and are feeling back at 100% very soon!

Just wanted to check in now, while I had a minute. I am working this weekend (tonight and tomorrow nite) and dd's b'day is Sunday, so we'll have company and I won't be around. Hope you all have a great weekend! Talk Monday...........

KarenW
09-12-2003, 11:25 PM
Hi everyone!

My knee is feeling better but still very sore. I did go to the gym and used the recumbant bike and then did my upper body routine. :strong: I am feeling the PMS effects tonight though! I am starving even with 1500+ calories today! UGH!

Jen - WTG on the weight loss! WOO HOO! Great job!:cp:

Im not sure how much I'll be around this weekend either.. My Aunt and Uncle are in town and my cousin is having us over. Also TMO morning my other cousin who just finished basic training and then chemical training in the Army is arriving here at 7am! He is being stationed in WA! I am so excited to have a bit more family here!! I am so proud of him! He is 20! We are praying he wont be sent to Iraq, but so far it looks like he will be here in WA for 3 years or so! WOO HOO!

Ok.. I need to run! Got to type up a letter! Talk to you all soon! :cheers:

spryng
09-13-2003, 12:17 AM
Good evening all!
Well my day has gone relatively well. My eating has been perfect... my ds... well that is another story. He is almost 3 yo and but does he know how to push my buttons! I've been exercising patience all day long with him. I think I have come to the conclusion that he must be bored. I need to find activities to keep him busy during the day. After dinner at night he and his older sister paint with water colors in the kitchen and that keeps them busy and happy for about 35-45 minutes. I need to find more things like that to entertain them during the rest of the day. Any suggestions? He gets bored with coloring very quickly. He hates puzzles, they frustrate him and he ends up throwing the pieces around the room. So any other suggestions for a 2 yo?
But my eating has been great. I'm really missing my points finder though. I wanted to make pita pizza today but couldn't because I don't know the points in some of the ingrediants. I guess I'll wait a few more days. But tomorrow is my WI. It's not been a week yet since I started WW though, just my usual WI day. Wednesday will be my first complete week on WW. Should I just wait to WI or do it on my usual day? I think I'll go ahead and WI tomorrow. Lets hope I see a loss. I'm stuck at 169 and would love to see 168!! So lets hope for the best.
Karen, glad to hear your knee is feeling better and good for you to get your workout in despite that! I didn't work out today because my legs and arms are soooooo sore from yesterday's workout. I thought I'd give myself a day off to recover and then go at it again tomorrow. I don't want to strain my muscles any more than they already have been. And that is great news about your cousin moving closer. I know how you feel about liking to have more family close by. I only have one cousin that is 20 minutes away... all the rest of my family are states away from me. My DH's family is all right here though. Good for him.. not so great for me, lol.
Jen I hope you have a great weekend and your dd has a great special day come sunday. How old will she be?
Well I'm sorry I can't get personal with everyone else but I am going to steal a shower and hop in bed now. With ds on a rampage today I am physically and emotionally drained. I'll check back in tomorrow!

spryng
09-13-2003, 10:27 AM
Just had to jump on here for a sec, I just did my WI and guess what?! I'm down 2 lbs!!! I was so excited to see that. Guess WW is the plan for me, it broke my stall! And I'm sure the exercise helped alot too. Well I'm off to start my day (with a smile!) Talk to you all later and have a great saturday!!!!!!

K2BMe
09-13-2003, 05:54 PM
Congrats Spryng Jen Karen!!!!! You all are doing so great. I'm so happy to see all thes losers! :) What a bunch of motivated gals. You all keep up the great work. Ginny I hope you are hanging in there ok with all that is going on. You are seriously a fantastic lady.

Things here are going along really well. You can't even imagine how great it feels to be up and moving again. I'ma super hyper active person the kind that watches a program, holds a convo with a toddler and does a crossword all at the same time. I was going insane. But yesterday the girls and I went and had their pictures made. Aww they were perfect. I bought more than I had planned but it was worth it. We then visited a friend who was holding a yard sale and had a nice dinner at el sombrero. I picked up a new outfit... :lol: I can't believe how big I am! But it felt great to be out and about. Today has been alittle busy. We are still bulding onto our home and doing remodeling. Hoss and I worked most of the day cleaning out closets and storage areas We had so much JUNK! It is shocking what you find going thru those places. We had alot of great laughs at some of the clothes we use to wear and some really old photographs. He just left a few minutes ago to bring the horses and cattle in. So I thought I'd pop in and say hey!

Oh and Spryng about your ? on the 3 yr old. Are you looking for something he can do on his own or that includes you too? For the dd I can relate to pretty easy having girls. We took an old trunk and filled with old clothes hats shoes just about anything you can think of for them to dress up in. I cut the back open on some things and sewed a tab of velcro on so they could dress themselves easily. We mounted a mirror at their height on the wall and let me tell ya it keeps them occupied for hours. For the ds. I'm so unexperienced in that area. I have no idea. He might like the dress up too tho. I aso give my dd's little chores to do usually they don't do the job as well as I do but it occupies them and they feel like they are helping me. I let them fold the bath linens (I always re-do it later) give them a wet wipe and let them dust, let them push the dust mop around... have to watch that one tho cause they can become dangerous with that, just little things like that. You might check at your libraby or book store, sometimes you can find really great crafty things for them to do that are super easy. Macaroni art on paper plates. If you wnt email me and I'll sed you some of my fave sites that occupy my kids.
well I gotta scoot Hoss is back

spryng
09-13-2003, 08:00 PM
Good evening all!
Misty it's great to hear you are feeling yourself again and out of bed! And thanks for some ideas on what my 2 yo can do to keep busy. Yeah I need things that I don't have to supervise because it's too difficult with Tanner being so young and needing 99% of my attention. But the dress up idea sounds nice! I'll have to invest in something like that. he loves my clothes and makeup.. so i'm sure he'll love to dress up too, lol.
Well my day has gone great. I made chicken enchiladas for dinner (6 pts per serving) and I must brag here.... it was fantastic! I used whole wheat tortillas and it was great! I have three left over and plan to eat a couple tomorrow. Yum!! But because I had two tonight I hit my limit for today. I'm at 21 points and don't really want to go any higher. I also got in my workout... boy I love that tape! I can already feel my muscles getting stronger and my waist band getting looser. It won't be long now before I can get into my size 12 jeans. Maybe another week or two at most. So exciting!
Well I have to scoot! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

gemini
09-13-2003, 09:46 PM
Hi gang..... I'm just about to hit the shower before work tonight...... I'm not very well-rested... only got about 4.5 hours of sleep today, and I have a busy day tomorrow with dd's b'day. I can come home from work and sleep about 4 hours in the morning, though.

But, I just gotta share a mini "crisis" I'm having....... dd will be 8 years old tomorrow. Tonight, I was giving her a hug and a kidd before bed when I smelled this "odor"........ she had terrible B.O.!And, she'd just had a bath! UGH! I am not ready for this! Ginny, you are probably laughing, since you've been through this already! :lol: Anyway, I let her use a little of my deoderant before she went to bed, and we talked a bit about how body's change...... nothing more than about bodoy odor, but I guess we'll have to be getting into periods soon. My 2 sis's were very young when they started their's... 9 and 10 years old. So, I've known that early development is in the gene pool. BTW, I did sneek a peek as I was helping her with the deoderant and no signs of an "peach fuzz" yet, so I think that's good.

Well, gotta hit the shower and grab something to eat.... it's gonna be a long night and I haven't eaten since 5am. Hope all is well.......

ECmom
09-13-2003, 10:46 PM
Just me here....
Jen- I feel for you. Puberty comes on as a rude shock....maybe a brutal awakening is more like it. I remember when Dd came home in 5th grade with the classwide homework assignment to purchase and wear deodorant.:lol: She did not need it at the time, but apparently someone in her class did. Hang in there, and hold on to every sweet moment of Dd that she has to come (and there will still be plenty) A big hug to you.....

Spryng- congrats on your WI. Hopefully that slider will get there soon for you! I am not doing so well today- so my creative thinking cap is not on at all. I am sure I can come up with something I used to keep Ds entertained and alleviate boredom.
Hey, have you ever tried books on tape for kids? Good luck.

Michele- so glad that you are up and about now!! Glad that you got rid of some junk!!!!What a good feeling, isn't it???

All around it has not been such a great day here. Dd and Dh were at each others throats again..........I won't bore you with the details. Just that is has been rugged here and I think I want to go live with Peter Pan. I have done a ton of stress eating too- all around not a good day. I did get a short walk in and 3/4 of the way thru my new Leslie Sansone video- until Dh stormed in the room and demanded that I turn it off.:( Nuff of me bellyaching.........Dd is tired and and wants to go to sleep.
See ya tomorrow!!
Ginny

spryng
09-13-2003, 11:24 PM
Ginny I am so sorry you are having a rough night. I wish I could drive over there and rescue you! :) But I'm sending you a big hug! Don't fret about stress eating... it happens. Did you say you started the flex points? Can you just take from that? If so then you didn't set yourself back at all. I decided to start the flexpoints today since it was my WI day. I've done a ton of reading on it now and asked lots of questions so I think I understand it completely. But I don't plan to use them during the week. When DH comes home I may use them for a meal out or something but other than that I'm keeping them put away, lol. I haven't even beein using my AP's or banked points yet. I am content with my normal daily points right now. But it's nice to know they are there if I need them.
Jen I hope you have a fun day tomorrow. Hopefully you can catch up on your sleep soon. I can't even imagine that pre-puberty stage. I have several more years before I have to worry about it but even the thought scares me. I guess because I remember going through it myself and all the things that happen at once it seems. Ahhh.. toddlers are good to have, lol.
Well I am so tired tonight for some reason. Maybe my workout from this afternoon is catching up on me. I'm suppose to call DH at 9:30 pm but I don't know if I can keep my eyes open that much longer. But I'll chat with you all tomorrow! G'nite!

ECmom
09-14-2003, 08:35 AM
Good morning!

Spryng- sounds like you are getting this WW thing down. Using your flex points is optional, as you said.....and I do not usually use my activity points either. Did you speak with Dh last night?
How is he doing. Hope you got some rest too, tired lady!

As for me- well, I did go for a walk last night and what I did not mention is that I fell and banged up my knee pretty well. So I guess I won't be walking for a few days:mad: . It is kind of swollen- not all that painful just puffy and hard to bend. Boy am I a bonehead!!!!!
Today is my day in the saddle with Dd and her college pursuit (we are going to view a college softball game of a school that is interested in her). Dh needs a break from her, so I am accompanying her after church. Gotta go-
have a great day!
Ginny

KarenW
09-14-2003, 02:38 PM
I dont have much time to reply to everyone as I am due to go out to my cousins in a bit to see my aunt and uncle who are in town from Californa!

I am still OP.. Stying off the scale until tmo which is my official WI day.. but I can tell I am losing! I also met my goal of 6 days of exercise! Today is my day off..:strong:

Yesterday I went to te Eddie Bauer Store with a 20% off coupon (My DH's company had a corporate event with them) and got 6 new tops for fall! All in a large! WOO HOO! I tried on pants and a 14 fit! I didnt buy them because they were all to low in the waist and I am just not comfortable yet in that low rise cut. But I am OUT of the EB size 18 and XL! WOO HOO! What a good feeling that is!

Anyway.. I will check in tmo with more weight gone.. I hope!
:dancer:

spryng
09-14-2003, 03:59 PM
Good afternoon all!
This will be quick because I need a nap.
Ginny I'm so sorry to hear about your knee! That must be awful. Hopefully it will heal soon so you can get back out there again.
Karen, I'm excited to hear about your WI tomorrow. YOu are doing so great and congrats on getting into a 14! I know that feels good.
Well i didn't get to bed early last night because as soon as I logged off here I had a knock at my door, my aunt and uncle came to see me! It was a nice suprise visit. So I ended up staying up with them until late, getting up early, and now they just left so I need a nap! I'm so tired.
But Ginny, I need your help with some points. I had one egg white scrambled for breakfast and about 3/4 cup of shredded and fried hash browns... can you give me the points for those please?
OK, I'm off for a short nap. Hopefully it's enough to get me through the rest of the day. TTYL!

K2BMe
09-14-2003, 05:15 PM
Congrats Karen on sizing down! THat is such a great feeling! And WTG on meeting your 6 day goal too! Hope you enjoy a great evening with your family.
Ginny hope your knee feels better soon. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Hope to hear your day with Dd went well.
Spryng, hoep you got lts of rest. I know how tiring having company can be. But it's always nice to see family. How's Dh doing? Is he getting really homesick?
Jen, awww I feel for you hon. Puberty is along ways off for my girls thank goodness. Big hugs :) Your a great mom so I know you'll handle it perfectly. Hope the birthday party went great too!

gemini
09-15-2003, 09:44 AM
Morning ladies.......

Just a quick note before I drive dd to school with her birthday cupcakes.... ds wanted to still take the bus. :)

Ginny, so sorry about your knee.... hope it is feeling better. And, I am also sorry for more conflict with your dh.... sending more hugs to you, hon.

Spryng, hope you got some rest. :)

Karen, WTG on "down-sizing"!!! Can't wait to hear about your WI!

Michele, nice to see you. :) Hope you are feeling well.

K, gotta run..... be back later......... :)

spryng
09-15-2003, 11:00 AM
Good morning all!
Yes Jen, I did get rested up afterall. I got an hour nap in yesterday and was in bed by 10 last night. So I feel caught up today.
My aunt and uncle coming was an unexpected surprise... but welcomed. It was nice to have something to do for a weekend.:) Now I am just counting down the days until DH arrives on Friday. I can't wait to see him. Yes I call him everynight and on weekends serveral times a day. he's really missing us but is doing ok. He getting to see some beautiful states and landmarks. He was in washington DC the other day. I hope someday I can go with him for a week or so and see all these things too.
But anyway, my eating has been great, as soon as Ginny can tell me what those points were for the foods in questions yesterday I'll know my daily total from yesterday. But I''m sure it was good. I didn't get any exercise in yesterday but I'll be doing my workout tape today. I'm actually looking forward to it! My jeans are just getting so loose all over... it's kinda weird. The butt and hips don't fit at all... too baggy and the waist it getting looser by the day... I figure just a few more days and I'll be in my size 12's. I can't wait! :)
But anyway.. after having company yesterday my house needs some attention today so I'm off to start cleaning. TTYL!

gemini
09-15-2003, 11:27 AM
Here I am, back again. At least Spryng is keeping me from talking to myslef. :lol: Spryng, excellent news about those jeans! Mine are starting to loosen up, too, although I have a ways to go before I get into my 12's. But, dh gave me a terrific compliment last night........ I was reaching for something on the top shelf of the closet, and I was standing on tip-toes, and he said "hey, your calves are lookin' good!" :D I had thought that I was starting to notice some definition in my calves and thighs, but was afraid it was wishful thinking.... guess not. :)

hey Ginny..........you mentioned buying a new Leslie Sansone video. Have you done many of them? My tapes arrived last Friday.. a 3-pack, with a 1-mile, 2-mile, and 3-mile walk, plus the hand weights. I did the 1-mile this morning, to get started. it was great! I may do it again this afternoon. I think I can work up to the 2-mile by later in the week. But I am excited for the one mile because it's short and not too intense, so I think it'll be great for those days after I've worked and am sleep-deprived and don't have a lot of energy. I was at BJ's last week, and they had a 3-pack of L.S. walking w/ ab workout tapes, and it came with a resistance band...... I think I may run back there and pick up that one, too. That will give me 6 different workout tapes to get me through the winter, plus my bike. :)

Well, I have blabbered enough. Today is WI for me, but my scale is not working. :( It is digital, and it keeps giving me an "error"... I think one of the kids may have submerged it! :devil: I am going to try to get out to pick up a dial scale, but I won't weigh til tomorrow, then.

K, gotta run.... have a great day! :)

ECmom
09-15-2003, 12:47 PM
Just gonna run upstairs to get my WW info for Spryng and my slider........be back soon!!!!:)

ECmom
09-15-2003, 01:18 PM
Hi-
Spryng- the egg white is 0 points, and a cup of frozen hash browns (uncooked) is 1 point. I would still consider 3/4 cup 1 point, as it was probably 1 cup raw. They do cook down in volume...the big question is how they were fried. The 5 second or less spray of Pam is no points....and you have the book for butter/shortening/margarine etc...... Hope it tasted good!!!!
How nice of your aunt and uncle to stop in. Some adult company in the evening ( when missing Dh is probably more intense) must have been nice!!

Jen- this is my 3rd Leslie Sansone tape. I have her original Walk Aerobics(on loan to a friend), her 4 mile walk tape (which is broken down into a 1 mile, and 2, 1and 1/2 mile segments, which I love because I can work out for 20, 40 or 60 minutes using the same tape. The tape I just got is her 3 mile Walk Away the Pounds , super fat burning. So far it seems great and is a bit more intense than the other tape I have. I was ready for an increase in intensity. I have not finished the new tape as Dh came home in a miserable mood and made me turn it off. But, I'll check it out tomorrow am. Hope you like Leslie.......she is so upbeat and all those tapes will give you a ton of variety!!!

Karen- congrats on going down a size!!!!!! That is so wonderful for you!!!!!:D Probably the best part of losing weight.......is just that clothes fit better!!! Enjoy your new tops!!!

As for me, I am at 11 points so far, with a nice low point dinner planned. I did get out for a 2 point walk today, my knee is better and should be normal in a day or so. (my speed is still down and it is still a bit swollen, but I'm doing Leslie Sansone tomorrow am if it kills me!!!!!!!!)
Gotta go get the beds changed and then back to work. Have a great day!!!
Ginny (hope I did not forget anyone)

spryng
09-15-2003, 02:47 PM
Good afternoon all!
Jen, it's so great to get compliments from our DH's because for one they see us everyday and it's hard for them to see our loss and body changes because of it, so when they do notice it's double great! I hope you can get your WI, can't wait to hear how it went. I want to buy a nice scale soon. I have a dial one and I hate it. The lines are so tiny that it's hard to really see how much weight I've lost. As soon as I can I'm buying a nice digital one. :)
Ginny, thank you so much for the points on those foods. The hashbrowns weren't frozen, they were freshly peeled and shredded potatoes and it was about 1 cup "after" being cooked. I guess around 2 points for it. But even at that, my points were only 18.5 yesterday (I thought breakfast was alot higher so I was careful the rest of the day) and what book are you talking about that has butter/margerine etc in it? I don't think I have one like that. Oh, and I recieved your food slider today, AMEN! Thank you so much for sending it to me... I really really appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to help me out with WW. I love this plan so much. I promise to be more careful with my foodpoints slider from now on though. I'm keeping it put up safe now. :) Away from toddlers and away from anything it can slide behind! :)
So what is everyone planning for dinner? I haven't decided yet. Still debating. Maybe stir fry or something...
Well my day is going well. I was going to do my workout during nap time but I just ate lunch and I know I shouldn't exercise right after a meal... so I guess I'll get it in tonight after the kids go to bed. Well, gotta go, ttyl!

spryng
09-15-2003, 02:49 PM
Oh, Karen.. how did WI go??? Can't wait to hear the good news!!!

jelynn
09-15-2003, 05:47 PM
Hey everyone- taking a break from cleaning- have broken a sweat which has to count for something right?! Too many toys...I've actually put a few "away" today- we'll see if they even miss them!
I was up at 5:30 feeding the baby this morning and was up until 6:30- really tried to talk myself into a walk, but it was so chilly and after being up an hour I was soooo tired (bed after midnight) so I didn't... I'm trying to get to bed at a decent hour so I can exercise early before anyone else is up. Either a walk outside, or one of my WAAP videos or a step video. I'm committing to tomorrow so hold me to it!!

I already have dinner ready for the oven (I'm rarely so organized!!) LAst night I made a veggie lasagan sauce-- had a million cherry tomatoes that needed used so I pureed them up and added some shredded zuccini I had in the freezer and some shredded carrot. Also, onion, green pepper, lots of garlic and of course italian seasonings. It tastes great and I hope the kids will eat it! (omitted muchrooms because I didnt think I could get them past the boys...even though they are my FAV!)

Sounds like you are all making really good progress! :bravo: Ginny, hope your knee heals up fast! I need to get back to work before baby wakes up! ttfn :)

Emily

ECmom
09-16-2003, 07:58 AM
Good morning!!!
Just a quick hello- I snuck on before I had to drive this am.
I did get my date in with leslie sansone this am.......and finished the 3 mile tape. It will be nice for winter, that's for sure.

Spryng- check out the back pages (might be sort of toward the middle) of the Getting Started book I sent you. It has point values for many foods......the book has a cover with puzzle pieces on it. You will find margarine and tons of other stuff.:) Did the slider get there yet?

Emily- waking up early is the only way I guarantee I will get a work out in!!!! Make sure that you get your sleep too! The veggie lasagna sounded good.......doubt it would fly with my gang though....

Gotta go! Have a great morning!
Ginny

spryng
09-16-2003, 10:43 AM
Good morning all!
Yes Ginny I did get the slider yesterday! What a relief! lol. I have it put in a safe spot now. I'm not going to lose another one :) I've seen all those WATP tapes, what kind of workout is it? Aerobic? Does she use weights? I'm thinking about buying a couple more tapes for winter. I love my Denise Austin one but I can tell that I'm going to need a better challenge soon. I was even thinking about Taebo, anyone done that one? Or The Firm. I like the idea behind the Firm because that is what my Denise Austin one is about, including weights with aerobics to really tone and get cardio in all at once! Plus you see results really fast. Already my back is looking slimmer...my arms more defined and my breasts are firmer and perkier! TMI!! Sorry! lol, but I love to be able to see the results on me. I got in my workout last night after the kids went to bed. It felt really good.
Well I need to get my day started. TTYL!

gemini
09-16-2003, 10:52 AM
Just a quick good morning...... I woked last night, so need to rest a bit. I am hoping to have enough energy for my 1 mile WATP tape this afternoon....... It is fairly short, and not too intense.... perfect for sleep-deprivation! lol

Spryng and Ginny, nice to "see" you both this morning. :)

K, my pillow is calling. I am hoping ds wants to play "sleepover"........... talk later... :)

ECmom
09-16-2003, 12:22 PM
Just me ol'blabberpuss again!!!!!
Jen- get some much needed and deserved rest!!!!! Glad that you could stop in and say hello, even on a tight schedule. And I hope that you get your WATP time in. Any workout is better than none- and on WW that would be worth 1 point! I agree, I do the 1 mile workout for those times when I am tired or just short on time. Hope your day goes well.

Spryng- glad the slider got there!! Do you still want me to look for a magazine tomorrow? Also- did you check out the WW book for the points I mentioned before. That tiny book is so valuable, it is basically the whole program in a nutshell..... WATP is a walk aerobics tape- low impact. The one I did this am she uses weights (2#) to step up the intensity. I would say that the higher length mile tapes (2-4 miles) are a bit more intense- and for me a medium intensity workout if I use weights to make it tougher. If you are in great shape and used to a high intensity workout, they will probably be boring for you. No they are not easy- but pleasantly challenging.
Congrats on looking better!!!!!!! One thing kind of nice about Dh being away- is that he will come home to a new you and the difference will seem more dramatic to him!
My morning went ok (I think!:dizzy: ). Gotta go get the rest of this messy house cleaned up- ah, it never ends!! :)
Ginny

gemini
09-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Ginny, don't worry, I won't let ya get lonely! lol Ds let me get a great nap in this morn.. 4 hours! Poor boobe, he was tired, too. He has not been feeling well and did not sleep much last night (per dh). But, he seems to be feeling much better now. :)

I am right with you on needing to clean. The in-law's are coming to dinner tomorrow night to celebrate dd's b'day. But, I am taking ds to a fair tomorrow, and we are leaving as soon as the other kids get on the bus in the morn, and won't be home til just before they get out of school. So, I gotta get everything done tonight before bed! :dizzy:

Well, I have had a bit of lunch, so better get moving. It is already 2:30, and Dr. Phil is on at 3pm here, so I will probably peddle my bike a bit while he's on, instead of doing my WATP tape.... kills 2 birds with one stone, ya know. :)

mel17
09-16-2003, 07:33 PM
Hi ladies,

I just wanted to pop in and check on everyone! I don't have time to get personal but I will try to get back in here soon. Things are fine here, just not getting much sleep, it seems that my little darling doesn't want to sleep!?! Hopefully she'll settle into a routine soon!??!

TTYL

ECmom
09-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Hi!
Jen- how sweet of Dh to let you sleep, you hard working Mom! (we are all hard working, aren't we!!) Hope you got everything done that you wanted too and that you have a nice time tomorrow at the fair with Ds! Did you get that workout in?

Melissa- well, hopefully little Myra will let you get some sleep!!!
I must be nuts, but I used to love middle of the night feedings- it was so quiet and peaceful, just me and my little one. Try to get rest when you can.......housework always waits for you! I am glad you could stop by and say hello.

I think I am gonna go out for one short walk after Dd goes to bed.
My knee is protesting a bit- I might have overdid it a wee bit this am with my tape, but it did not feel bad at the time!
;) Just one walk won't hurt........will it??????:dizzy:
I am going to WW tomorrow, but am not going to WI. Too much salt today and TOM around the corner and a few days of lower activity........I just need a week off. (it is ok- they give you a coupon to attend without a WI and I have 3).
Ok, so I do not want to face up to that I feel bloated.......next week will be better!:)
gotta scoot.......... have a great nite!
Ginny

jelynn
09-17-2003, 12:11 AM
Hello ladies :)
Had another good day today- I'm really starting to feel like this is going to be "IT"
I really like the WAAP vidoes too- I have the 1,2,3 miles. I love the 1 mile for when you need to get a workout in...it's not too hard, but I still feel like I've exercised. I agree Ginny, they will be great for winter.
Do any of you have treadmills? The one I want is $2000 *on sale* so it may be awhile!
Jen- I can't remember what you do for work? Are you a nurse? Not sure how I would do working nights and coming home to my crew! kudos to you!
Melissa- "this too shall pass"- really! My little guy will be 5 months next week and I am in serious shock! It goes so fast. Sorry to hear she's a bit colicky- is it getting any better? The sleeping will come too...
Spryng- how was your day with your 3 little ones?

All my kids are in bed and it's so nice to have some quiet time! Hardly ever happens around here!
Well, have a nice night!
Emily

spryng
09-17-2003, 12:30 AM
Good evening all!
Emily it is so great to hear that you are enjoying being OP. It does take awhile but then it just feels routine. And good for you to get in your exercise. I don't own a treadmill but I want one really bad. I want to jog and run so eventually I'll have to break down and buy one. Maybe next year after we add on to our house. I'll have to wait and see. And my day went great with my kids, thanks for asking. Sometimes they can be difficult but today they were all really good. I bought my two older ones some play dough at walmart that came with little cooking utensils and molds to make chicken legs, pizza, ice cream, etc. So they sat at the table for over an hour tonight pretending to be great chefs! It was so cute. That was the best 5 dollars I've spent in a while!! :)
Ginny, take it easy with that knee... you don't want to damage it further and not be able to walk at all! I know.. you already know this. :) I just know you'd be so miserable if you couldn't take your daily walks. And I'll miss hearing about your WI tomorrow but I understand not wanting to WI because of bloating and water retention... let me know how the meeting goes!
Mel, I hope Myra starts sleeping more for you soon. How old is she now? Time is going by so fast now. For all of us.
Jen I hope you got what you needed to done in your house. And enjoy your time with family and your kids!
Oh, Ginny don't worry about getting that magazine for me... I ordered the subscription today so I'll be getting it here pretty soon. I'm so excited about it too.
Well my day has been good. I did my bike tonight instead of my workout tape, I wanted to take a day off from the weights, I've read that our bodies need a day to recover and adjust. So I upped the resistance on my bike on both the arms and the pedals and boy did I feel the burn! Doing 20 min about killed me!! But I feel great now. I'm relaxing in front of my computer with an avocado mask on my face waiting for it to dry. I found that all this exercise I've been doing has broke my face out a little so I'm giving it some extra attention tonight.
Well, guess I'll get off here. Oh! I forgot to tell you that DH is coming home for 4 days!! he'll get here friday afternoon and leaves out wednesday morning. I'm very excited to see him but also a little afraid it may make my diet a little difficult. He is not a salad or stir fry kind of man. I'm going to have to be really careful. But he's happy that I am on WW and I know he won't try to get me to deter while he is home.
Well, gotta go wash this mask off... TTYL!

KarenW
09-17-2003, 11:11 AM
Starting a New thread

gemini
09-17-2003, 11:12 AM
Good morning gang. :)

Spryng, Great news about your dh! 2 days longer than you'd expected! :D It sounds like he is very supportive, so I think your eating will probably be fine while he's home. And, I may be wrong, but I don't think you usually use all of your allotted points anyway, right? So, you have some room to breath. :)

Ginny, did you take that extra walk? Hope the knee is hanging in there for ya. :)

Emily, I am a student nurse. I work 3 nights/week... 2 are always weeknights. I also attend nursing school.... going for my RN. Glad to hear you have been OP, and you are getting workouts in, too.... keep it up! :)

Mel, hang in there, hon. Sending sleep vibes to Myra.......

Karen, how are you? Life must be busy!!

Michele, hanging in there, too? Hope you are feeling well. :)

Well, I had kind of a "bad" day yesterday...... I did not exercise, and I ate tater tots with my dinner. In the grand scheme of things, my eating wasn't overly horrible, because I really hadn't had much to eat all day. But I felt terrible after dinner, and even when I woke this morn. It's amazing how awful junk food makes you feel after you've been eating right for awhile. I also had a bit of an "emotional" day yesterday, so that did not help things.

But, I am better today. I did my 2 mile WATP tape this morn, and it felt GREAT!!! :D I am really liking those tapes. I am definitely going out today to pick up the WATP w/ abs series. I also had a great breakfast, and I am headed out to the store this morn to pick up some healthy food, plus stuff for dinner tonight with the in-laws. I did not get my house picked up yesterday, so I will be doing that this afternoon. Obviously, I've scrapped our plans for the fair with ds today...... it's just too busy with the in-laws coming tonight. But, we will go tomorrow instead. :)

Well, better get moving. Have a great day!!!

mel17
09-17-2003, 11:16 AM
Morning,

Well, as they say, "When it rains, it pours". Myra caught my cold, so I moved up her 4 week appt. from tomorrow to today. Maybe that's why she isn't sleeping much? She just isn't feeling too great.

Emily, thanks for the reassurance, the colic seems to have improved a bit, but with a cold and her not sleeping, it's kinda hard to tell!?! But I do look forward to getting some sleep again someday!

Spryng, yes, time goes by so quickly once they're here! I keep wonder, how 4 weeks have passed by already!?! And I'm sure you feel the same, about little Tanner, they grow up too fast!

Well ladies, we're going get ready for Myra's DR. appt. I'll be back later!