South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 06:49 AM   #1  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default Think Thin Challenge-Day 14!!!

Okay, I promised you a shorter post...now let's see if I can deliver!

Thinking thin is about the internal dialogue we ALL have with ourselves. It is about what we tell ourselves in a moment of weekness or tempation. It is about how we react when things don't go our way. Do we run for the fridge? Or do we just run around the block?

Thinking this is about making choices. It is about deciding to have the treat, and not just mindlessly shoveling it in. It is about deciding to exercise even when you really don't feel like it. It is about knowing what is best for you and trying to meet your body's needs.

Thinking thin is about forgiving yourself when you don't live up to your expectations. It is about knowing your weaknesses but concentrating on your strengths. It is about living in the moment but anticipating the future.

How will YOU think thin today? What healthy behavior will you start? What negative attitude will you examine?

Don't let up on the TRINITY! We need to do the physical as well as the mental work!

UPDATE:
Activity for yesterday-60 min WATP, 10 min abs, and 30 minutes on the bike at work (forgot about that)

Group activity for day 13-505 min
Group activity for the week- 870 min

Last edited by frannymae; 09-11-2003 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:16 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Franny! I was teasing re: your muscles. I am VERY impressed with your work-out schedule, sweetie!! By the way, you have a lovely jaw.

Twodog, congratulations on starting your new tapes!!!

Sharon, good self-restraint re: the cake!!

Tricia, keep it up with the exercise. After awhile you start to think, "HEY! Is it WORTH it eating this when I've just worked out!?" (I hear ya re: the cravings, though. )

I'm going to the gym this morning. And then I'm going to do 600 loads of laundry.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:49 AM   #3  
In Control: E+R=O

I try to think thin and feel thin every day, and then catch myself in a mirror and reality hits! Seriously, I do struggle with my internal dialog when I see myself in the full length mirror in the bathrooms at work (I don't have a full length mirror at home). It's even gotten to the point where I'll go use a different bathroom that doesn't have the dreaded mirror! I know I need to work on this, but not really sure how to go about telling myself positive thoughts when I still look so bad.

On a brighter note though, I have gained much better control over how I react to different situations. I'm better able to control myself in situations that in the past would have had me running for comfort food. For example, at work when I'm really stressed about something I'll take a quick walk to help me calm down and put things in perspective (some days I talk 5 or 6 mini walks of about 5 minutes!).

Intellectually I know the power of self-talk, whether positive or negative, and I really do try to make it more positive than negative, but it can be a real struggle. But I've definitely made progress, and plan to continue to make progress as I forge ahead on my new weight loss journey to a healthier me!

Ellis, 600 loads of laundry!!! That should definitely count for some serious exercise time!
Old 09-10-2003, 08:09 AM   #4  
Imagine...

I actually, believe it or not FEEL thin today, although I may not look the part. I am also having a good hair day

Wishing you all thin vibes :
Old 09-10-2003, 09:33 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You know, I feel thin (well, slim) most days. If they'd just break all the mirrors in the world, I'd be fine.
Yesterday - between pistachios! - I realized that I eat to relieve stress and it doesn't do a damn thing except add more stress from the guilt!
Today I will think thin and avoid the bad stuff.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:16 AM   #6  

YAY! I exercised again this morning (exercise video)! I'm just starting out and getting my body used to moving again, but 10 minutes is better than 0 minutes! And I plan to increase the duration by a few minutes every couple of days.

Frannymae, that's a good idea about planning ahead for a small splurge, rather than trying to deny a craving.

Thanks for your support, ladies!

Tricia
Old 09-10-2003, 12:34 PM   #7  

Hi Fran and all,
I bought a pedometer and it inspired me to walk 2 miles (40 minutes). My goal is 10,000 steps for the day. That seems less intimidating to me than thinking about how far that would be in miles.
koalabear
Old 09-10-2003, 12:53 PM   #8  

Hi bootcamper babes ...

Don't have much time to post but I wanted to turn in my exercise time from yesterday so Franny can add it to the totals ...

45 minutes on the treadmill in the morning ... after work 20 minutes weights, 20 minutes on the stairmaster and 20 minutes on the bike at the gym ...

Stayed op all day, drank all my water and felt thin!!!

Have a good afternoon everyone ...
Old 09-10-2003, 02:43 PM   #9  

I've got at least 11 000 steps to add to the total. Around 6 km. So far.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:54 PM   #10  
Enthusiasm is contagious

I know I'm late.....had good reason.....but a belated "HI" to everyone!!!

I spent my day taking care of my niece and her family who are going through some abusive family situation. They really needed me. I pray that I helped some.

Keep them in your thoughts.

I did stay OP as far as eating goes today. I drank all my water....but no time to exercise. I promise myself I will try to do better tomorrow. Sometimes we have those days where others come first.

Franny......I will do better!

Ellis......600 loads of laundry??????

Twodog.....I think you and your hair are beautiful!

Everyone have a wonderful evening.....
~Sharon
Old 09-10-2003, 09:30 PM   #11  

Quickie... Sharon, hugs and prayers for you and your niece and her family.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:04 AM   #12  
Imagine...

Sharon your neice is blessed to have you, keeping them in my thoughts & prayers.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:04 AM   #13  

Fran,
I am checking in again to update you on my exercise total for yesterday. I walked an additional 40 minutes yesterday and brought my step total to over 11,000. This might not seem significant to those of you who exercise regularly, but this is a real change for me. I hate exercise and lead a very sedentary life. Hence the weight problem.
koalabear
Old 09-11-2003, 08:09 AM   #14  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Koalabear, WTG with the exercise! You are doing great, and I am positive that NO ONE here thinks that is insignificant! Be as proud of yourself as we are! I added your minutes to the total!
Old 09-11-2003, 08:10 AM   #15  
Imagine...

Ditto YAY! do the happy dance
Closed Thread