Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 11:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default Food Talk

Thought a thread that just mentioned some yummy stuff would be a good idea. So. . .if anyone has some great food ideas, please share!

I'm wondering if anyone has tried those Jello Smoothies? They look so good. I looked at the store the other day and didn't see them. For people on WW, they are 2 pts.

Since Trader Joe's has taken away my favorite salad dressing (FF Balsamic Vinagrette), I had to find something else and read that Newman's Own Lighten Up Balsamic Vinagrette was good so I tried that--more fat than my FF, of course, but pretty good.

Also have fallen in love with Trader Joe's eggplant parmesan. I'm not a big eggplant afficionado, but it's really good (and low in points for the WW set).

We had swordfish from Omaha Steaks tonight. I'm sure I've had swordfish before, but tonight it was particularly good. I grilled it with (light) butter and fresh lemon. I love seafood! Omaha Steaks makes a great stuffed sole--expensive, but oh so good. My dad has an account with them and gets good deals so since he lives with us, we reap the benefits!
Old 09-10-2003, 05:39 AM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Sheila53,

I know this is kind of off topic, but had to ask. Your thing says you are from Washington State ~ anywhere near Seattle? I just wondered ~ we had a video at work about a place in Seattle ~ Pikes Fish Market (where they throw the fishes). Those people were having a ball on their job. I live at the total opposite end of the country, but think it would be fun to see that sometime.

Gayle
Old 09-10-2003, 08:42 AM   #3  
Searching

Food ideas? This morning I was starving so I made scrambled egg whites and turkey brats. It tasted awesome!

Miss Chris
Old 09-10-2003, 09:36 AM   #4  

Hmmm - well, for brekkie I had one of my faves - good for any meal. I had two small slices of rye bread topped with cottage cheese (lowfat, oc) and a small dollop of sugar free strawberry preserve.

Glynne, the Fish Market is just as it's been pictured on TV. Seattle a really great place to visit. Hope you get there soon.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:32 AM   #5  

Have you tried FF yogurt with almonds or ground flaxseed..gives you a little crunch plus a little sweetness. Makes a good afternoon snack or even for breakfast. My fav in yoplays(how in the heck do you spell that?) yoplaint? FF yogurt VERY VANILLA.

Also skinless, boneless chicken breast with FF Italian dressing..make a tin-foil pockest..and drown chicken in dressing.close tightly....very easy, fast and yummmy!
Old 09-10-2003, 11:20 AM   #6  

i made this really good chicken dish the other night. I took sugar free spagettis sauce and added mushrooms and diced onion and diced bell peppers and on packet non sugar sweetener and simmered. Cut chicken breat into strips and brown. Put browned chicken into a baking dish and sprinkle with fat free mozeralla cheese. Top with spagetti sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake. It was really good. I served it with spagetti sqaush and cottage cheese. YUM!
Old 09-10-2003, 01:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i visited the fish market when i was in seattle, too. it's crazy! they DO just throw the fish! it's lots of fun.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:01 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

LOVE that fish market!!! i was there on a business trip in the days when my hair was buzzed, spiked, and purple [and i worked for a stuffy NYC law firm at the time!]. those guys looked at me and said: you have to be from new jersey!!!! and in my best joisy accent, i answered: wanna make something of it???

we all laughed. and then i ordered a huge amount of fish to be shipped to my parents. they tried to talk me into carrying it onto the plane!!!! i refused. they shipped. life was fabulous.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Yup, I live in the land of coffee and flying fish. I do have to say the other fish vendors in the market aren't thrilled with throwing the fish because they say it bruises the meat. But it certainly draws a crowd!

I tend to stay away from the market in the summer, but we usually go at other times of the year when it's not so crowded. Did you know that Starbuck's got its start at a small shop in the Market area (across the street and down from the flying fish vendor) about 30 years ago? The shop is still there, but they've made it look like all the other Starbucks. Too bad because it was a pretty cool shop with old wooden floors and wooden bins of coffee.
Closed Thread