South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 12:06 PM   #1  

Smile Week 1 Results

I finished week 1 on SBD and lost a total of 8 pounds! Someone at work told me that was mainly water weight. That's okay with me. If it counts when the doctor weighs me, it counts when I lose it!

I have a question. After week 2, we are encouraged to have a glass of red wine a day. Because of my history of migraines, I have stayed away from red wine. (And limit chocolate, nuts, etc.) I read in another thread that white wine has too much sugar.

Would I be better off drinking a glass of a blush wine (white zinfindel, for example), or just skipping the wine all together. I know it isn't a requirement to include the wine in the plan, but I do enjoy the blush wines and it would almost seem like a reward, with benefits. Can't beat that!

mousetater
Old 09-08-2003, 12:25 PM   #2  

Eight pounds is awesome! Congrats! Phooey on your co-worker's comment. Not sure about the wine.... but I'm wondering with your healthy new eating lifestyle if your migraines will improve? That would be a wonderful side effect, wouldn't it?
Old 09-08-2003, 02:31 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, mousetater! Damn those "it's only water" comments! It counts!!

Why don't you try the wine gradually and see how it affects you? It may be worth it to you as a "treat".
Congratulations, by the way!!
Old 09-08-2003, 04:18 PM   #4  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Mousetater! Whoo Hooo! Good job on your first week! As for it being water weight...I know even when I deviated (read: screwed up) from the plan early on I didn't gain it back, and I think I would have if it had been "only water." But you're right...the quick weight loss at the beginning is a blessing no matter what you're losing!
Old 09-08-2003, 06:03 PM   #5  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Smile Wow!! Way to go!!!!!

Boy, Mousetater.....

You are making great progress, and should be so proud of yourself! The people at work are just making jealous
comments. Pay them no attention, and continue OP with pride!

Anything you add back on this WOE should be done slowly, and with a watchful eye. Check how your body reacts to only one thing at a time....wine being in question.

Keep up the great work!
Old 09-08-2003, 08:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Way to go! That is great! I am about to finish up my first week as well and I have showng great progress! Like you, it counts at the the doctor's scale.. so I am thrilled with the progress! Now I am just exercising to keep the weight loss going!

Great Job again!

Cherie
Old 09-08-2003, 08:48 PM   #7  

Congratulations to you, too, PhotogirlTX! Feels good, doesn't it?

mousetater
Old 09-09-2003, 05:28 AM   #8  
Mous

Be PROUD.

Do what will keep you OP and jeep a food/feeling journal to help you keep track.

Continued GOOD luck,
Marcie
Closed Thread