South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 10:51 AM   #1  

Angry I survived!

Phase I is over! I lost 9.2 lbs. I have added Uncle Sam's cereal for breakfast now, and an apple for an afternoon snack. The one thing I craved during phase I was cereal...so happy to eat it again! I'd like some yogurt, but I couldn't find any that was really diet. Oh, well. I think SBD is becoming quite popular...this weekend at Wal-Mart I got the last box of Uncle Sam's and the last head of cauliflower!
Old 09-08-2003, 10:53 AM   #2  
Imagine...

Yay! way to go
Old 09-08-2003, 10:54 AM   #3  
it's always something

Congratulations!!! Good job

Hey, how did you like the Uncle Sam cereal? I read the box and put it back on the shelf, lol. Was it any good?
Old 09-08-2003, 10:55 AM   #4  

(( (( congratulations! )) ))

Now ... what is Uncle Sam's cereal? I'm not much of a cereal eater, but I miss crunchy snacks (POPCORN!!!!), so maybe a Baggie of cereal might hit the spot when I move to Phase 2 in a couple days.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:25 AM   #5  

I like Uncle Sam's cereal (with a couple packets of Splenda LOL). It's definitely different from Frosted Flakes, but it's not too bad. I don't think you could crunch on it out of a baggie, though. The pieces/seeds are too small. The flavor kind of reminds me of Grape Nuts. I did see a cereal that was shaped like Cheerios that might work for you, but the label wasn't as "good" as Uncle Sam's.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:07 PM   #6  

Yes, Uncle Sam's cereal is not exceptionally flavorful, definitely needs some Splenda. I think the #1 benefit of it is the flax seed; it seems to be 92% wheat flakes and 8% flax. I don't imagine too many people CRAVE it!

Tricia
Old 09-08-2003, 03:18 PM   #7  
In Control: E+R=O

Good job Love, you're off to a great start!!

Uncle Sam's cereal is great mixed in with yogurt....I just toss a handful into my yogurt, stir it up, and enjoy!
Old 09-08-2003, 04:14 PM   #8  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Way to go, Susan! It sounds like you are off to a great start on Phase 2. I still haven't tried any dry cereal, although I occasionally enjoy a bowl of steel cut oats...nice and hearty!

Wishing you only success as you continue on your journey!
Old 09-08-2003, 08:46 PM   #9  

Great job ... 9.2 lbs!!! I'm in Phase II now and usually have a bowl of Uncle Sam's once a week but I need to add Splenda and berries ... I find it a little too dry even with the milk.

I have mixed it with yogurt but if you let it sit too long it gets kind of yuck ... looses it's crunch ...

For the yogurt I'm using Dannon Lit & Fit ... they sell a 6-pack of 4 oz containers ...
Old 09-09-2003, 05:30 AM   #10  
Mous

GOOD for you. KEEP it up!

Marcie
Closed Thread