Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 10:19 AM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Question Hormones & Atkins??

I have read about the various hormonal irregularities and spotting that may happen on Atkins but I thought these things happened in the beginning of this WOE?

I have gone thru 3 cycles on Atkins (I have been eating this way since the end of May)....and everything seemed fine!!!

I am also on birth control pills (tri-cyclen) so thought I was safe from the hormonal fluctuations.

This morning I woke to notice I have a "light" period...and I am on day 16 of my pills...not expecting my period until at least another week??

Any ideas on this? Is this another "Atkins phemonemon" or are my bc pills crapping out? Don't really want to go to dr unless absolutely necessary.... I am continuing with the bc pills...and will see what happens.

(No wonder I wanted to eat everything in sight the other day - a usual pre-menstrual symptom...and at the time I thought, gee this is just what happens before I get my period...very, very weird!).

Froufie
Old 10-21-2003, 04:45 PM   #2  

Mid-cycle bleeding or spotting can be normal but if this is the first time it has happened, I would see the doc, just in case. I rather doubt that the diet has much to do with it.
Closed Thread