Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 06:22 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb # 49 I'm heading to the beach

Hello Everybody(ECHO<ECHO<ECHO)
I have been lurking so I know it has been pretty dead here.

Well the vacation is over. 2 weeks gone lickity split!

Back to work.

I have been successfully off my coffee creamer for at least a week. I have been using Atkins vanilla shake as a substitute. Not the same but better than skim milk and equal.

Today I commit myself to the south beach woe.
The fridge is stocked up.
Planning is the important thing.

I saw my new MD the other say. I changed because I moved.
As soon as I mentioned that I had PCOS. SHe brought up glucophage.SP?
I started that last week. I've had very little side effects. It is supposed to help my body use the insulin. She is hoping it will help w/the carb cravings which will help w/the eating also help w/ PMS and the heavy periods that I have been having. She said it might take a couple of months to see a difference.

So my goal this week is to eat right and post daily.

So girls where the heck are you all?

Hope all is well

Pat
Old 09-09-2003, 05:51 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

Well day one was almost a success. Let sress get to me andhad left over cake at the end of teh day. Talk about teh games that you can play with yourself. And how you can make it OK in your head to eat something that is bad for you.

But today is another day.

Water is hard to get in too.

So

B
rolled up cheese and turkey slices
snack- 2 string cheese
l- grilled chicken salad
d- veal pattes and beans
apple cake
Old 09-10-2003, 06:12 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

Hey all,
I seem to be fine until evening. UGH!
Then it all goes in the toilet.
I also went to long between lunch and dinner yesterday. SO I was hungry at the Restaurant. Took DH out to dinner. Had a slice of fresh bread.

so
b- meat and cheese
l chef salad
d beef
beans
slice bread

s sf fudgcicle
Old 09-11-2003, 09:25 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

well toast and cake and bread have been my down fall too. but i have been exercising for the last 3 weeks!1

Hi pat I am back. I have been away, with out compters and then set fire to my electric box and was with out power for a while too. repeat after me 1000 is not enough deductable no matter how much cheaper it is!! get it raised immediatly!!! the cost of the repairs is actually just under 1000. so i am sc....rambling.

well anyways schhol boyscouts have stared and swimming may be out this year too but i am not sure yet. i want the kids to do something.

pat I am sitting in the 220 range what a shi=ock i though i would never see 200 again let alone near the start!! glad to see you found a docy that understans pcos!!!

I am tired so i willl get back tomorow. night!!
Old 09-12-2003, 06:11 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

Hey Sue!! I've missed you!
My good ness Sue. I am sorry about your recent troubles. How did teh fire start? I am glad it wasn't worse.

I know that weight just creeps up on you! I have lost a few #'s this week thank goodness. I have gained 20#'s in teh past year.
Not working out yet. But got the eating under control in the past 2 days thank goodness. water is still hard to get in for some reason.

I am glad to see you Pma stopped by once I was hoping that she was back but not to be. Melosdy and Kina aare MIA too.

Check in tomrrow
Old 09-15-2003, 05:16 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

Another Monday another opportunuty to get and stay OP

Well Fri- sun are hard. Planning and routine are apparently a key to my success.
I was reading the Dr.phil stuff on MSN about his new program in regards to weight loss. I have always liked Dr. His no nonsence, take respsonsibility for your actions kinda attitude. Not a very warm and fuzzy way but what really needs to happen.

So how is everyone?

I have to take my car to the body shop to fix the fender bender I had w/ a employee in teh parking lot. UGH!

How was the weekend?

Wil check in tomorrow
Old 09-16-2003, 05:13 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

Good morning
Still lack commitment in teh evening. Not planning all that well
No exercise. Yet.

b- meet and cheese
lchef salad
d turkery vegs
S-popcorn UGH
(can we say water)

THinking about what Dr. Phil said about not keeping things like cake in teh house. I must say that is a good idea.

Work is goin better
Had my 6 month reveiw yesterday, went very well.
Had to order some more size 24 clothes yeserday Not happy about that.

How is everyone else doing?
Kina, Melody, Pam and Sue?
Old 09-17-2003, 08:33 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

Suffering from the lack of commitment too. I just ploished off several cookies before i realized that i had done that. Stress will do that.

Pat I hope that life will slow down for me but that is a pipe dream but I will plan on checking in every few days so I am here and still hanging in there just bearly

exercise is going well I just need to step it up a bit before I drop out again as life is getting more and more hectic. I do enjoy that time for me. and it sure gets me ripping in the morning.

I have not had much time to read Dr Phil or see any of his stuff. I am busy trying to catch up many things at work. really busy. I have rented a dumpster and that will be gone in the morning. so i have been busy with cleaning. and boy scouts was going to stop this year but NO I am still in charge. and for the swimming I am still in charge of that too. I hope that this year when we swim water town that I will go and we can have lunch or some thing!! last year I worked.

Well enough I have to get the boys to bed.
Old 09-19-2003, 05:30 AM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

Cookies again tonight and pizza. busy night. I will have to make some different commitments for fridge stocking so there is better food choices when i am rushed. that would be good.,
Old 09-19-2003, 05:52 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Hey Sue,
I'll tell you, I am frustrating myself.
To be honest I am really getting what I am putting into it. ANd then I am miserable about the outcome of my clothes not fitting.
When it is my own fault.

You are right about planning, I can imagine it is hard for you with teh kids in teh house, because stuff is in your cupboards for them, so it is easily available.
Congrats on the working out!! I haven't in months!
Well I just read on teh importance of getting support and we will be there for each other

I would love to meet you for lunch

If you were at watertown, high there is a great rest across at teh plaza!

Hace a great weekend
Old 09-20-2003, 08:56 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

would you believe that for the last 2 years we went to water tyown and this s the year they come to us!! what a gyp!!!

So any wyas we will still have to get together at the mall or some place just to meet. we have known each other for over 2 years now and live so close!!!

well I am totally Off plan this week. but exerise is still there. may not be as agressive but still there!!!

well off to bed for me!!
Old 09-23-2003, 06:29 PM   #12  
Work in Progress

Hey everyone!
I think I must have lost a post. Well anyway!
Sue Well of course you're not coming to watertown!
What would be a 1/2 way point?
How is teh job going?
Mine seems more settled.
NOt OP not working out. MENTAL BATTLE GOING ON IN MY HEAD!
frustrated w// my gut(flab)

Way to go w/ the exercise

Hello to everyone else!
Old 09-23-2003, 09:05 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

Pat life here is just fine back to the school crazies. I have a headache every day. work is really crazy as we are trying to get ready for state review possible next week. they are really pushing. I am nervous really bad. but if i can get through this I will be doing fine. Well must get off to bed.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:03 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

Well what a coincidence I have a state reveiw I am losing sleep over!
I have been thru those years ago!( Your type)
I remember having to make sure the laudry cart" cover was zipped.

Well take care best you can.

I am waging the mental war. Mostly accepting or recognizing things that are right in my face that I'd rather not see. Or believe

That I am wearing a size 24 again
That In order for me to lose weight I need to exercise
That all I need to commit right now is 30 mins
That I can't eat junk food
That I have let go all the work that got me down to a size 20-22

that is enough for now
Old 09-25-2003, 09:47 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

I agree I am takeing a blind view of my self.

OMG the funniest thing happened to me yesterday. a VERY large lady was talking to me. (from the NH) and she asked how the diet was going and i said I wish it was better, then she said you may not believe this but I once was large like you. this woman fit edge to edge in the bed!! I almost laughed. then she said waving her hands across her vast body now look at me. makeing the indications that she was much smaller than me. (I wear a size 20 and she is around a 4x! ) I almost laughed out lound, then she said when i was that big I had 11 lbs removed from her tummy and the doc took her picture naked sidewasy and her tummy hung down to her knees. indicating that mine must too. I almost wet my pants when i walked out of the room. reaching down to my gut that was not hanging down that low!! I was laughing so hard (out of ear shot of course) but it openes my eyes to the fact that one can not realize the size they really are with a scewed vision of what they look like. and it make me realize what size i really look!!!

Last edited by nasus40; 09-25-2003 at 09:49 PM.
Closed Thread