30-Somethings - **Week of Sept. 7th**

View Full Version : **Week of Sept. 7th**

LBH
09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Hi All,

I'm still using DH's Mac. :( I'm afraid our PC is fried...but we're still working on it. I may have to call my cousin the computer guru to look at it. I sure hope it's not because all my emails, addresses, resume, articles, soo much stuff is on that computer!! :eek:

I am disappointed to say I still have not gone shopping...just have not had a chance. :( I have to go today though, at some point. I did pick a bunch of stuff out of mom's freezer that I'll take home when we go over there today. I told her I challenge her to NOT go grocery shopping, except for milk, for a month!! She lives alone and has a full freezer (side-by-side type) AND a full chest freezer!! It's a small chest freezer, but still, it's soo full. I asked her why she keeps going shopping and she said just in case someone comes over!! :lol: I was like, OK, first of all, nobody just stops over here, you always know if someone's coming over, so you can plan and go shopping!! I started cleaning out her chest freezer and I can't even tell you how much stuff I tossed! She had meat in there dated 1999!! I said you have to USE the stuff Ma!!

Anyway, didn't mean to vent.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! It's been soo beautiful here this weekend!

morrigan
09-07-2003, 11:30 AM
Hi
Just checking in and getting to know everyone.
I lost about 2 lbs this week. My DH took a video of me in the pool with our son (Wil - 11 months). It is really difficult seeing video of me at my heaviest weight ever. Then he gets up and cooks me a big breakfast both mornings this weekend. I didn't complain, I just started slipping peices to both the baby and the dog.

I started school last week. I really feel that my new schedule is going to help keep my eating in check.

-wendy

LBH
09-07-2003, 11:53 AM
Wendy, its funny you say DH cooked a big breakfast...my DH decided to make omelets this AM! He used egg beaters, but also put sausage, hash browns, onions and cheese in them!! :( He cooked the filling separate from the eggs, so I told him to just put a little filling in mine, and use spray, not butter, but it still adds up. Congrats on the loss though!! :dancer:

Rabbit
09-07-2003, 04:13 PM
hello all. Such nice weather this weekend - much better than Labor day weekend when it rained the whole time. Dh and I played golf this morning.

Angel - cool that dh is a cartoonist!

Lauren - well, it sounds like a good suggestion that she not grocery shop for awhile!

Wendy - hooray for the 2 lb loss! Hope you enjoy school.

Rabbit
199/189Halloween
:sunny:

KarenK
09-07-2003, 05:59 PM
Hi guys,

well, i've done well at least one meal/day. guess that's better than no meals!!

wendy: welcome and congrats on the two pds!! that is awesome.

lauren: your mom sounds like me!! i've been known to have to throw stuff out because the freezer burn is so thick i can't tell WHAT the stuff is. i'm better now that i'm trying to save money.

rabbit: the weather here has been georgous too. maybe by next spring dh and i can play golf. we are members at a resort that has a golf corse and the first nine holes were designed by arnold palmer. arnie whooped me mercilessly. i think i only finished one or two holes!!

hope everyone is having a great day!!

Noodles913
09-08-2003, 01:49 AM
https://publish.comcast.net/clipart/homecomm/people.gif
Hi Everybodieeeeeeeeeee!!

Not much going on...another :sunny: day here in the desert. Last night was our Family night out. We bowl on a league with the kid then we go to dinner then errands. We decided to try the new place called Pollo Feliz. Charbroiled Chicken. Was pretty good! I had 1 piece chicken, salsa, rice, and a salad. Water to drink.
Then we went to Big Lots. I was looking for just one thing and wound up buying 30 things! But it's all stuff I can use so I don't feel too guilty.
Then we went to Home Depot to exchange some of my dead bushes for live ones. I got some red flowery desert things. I'll snap a pic as soon as I get them planted.
Then we went to Pets Mart and got some stuff for my sweet ratties and I let the kid pick out fish. She wound up picking 3 Neon Tetras. ><}}*>
Then we went to Target and I FINALLY found an answering machine that fit my budget. My old one died after 12 years of usage and so it was time to buy another one.
Then we went to Safeway and did our weekly stock-up. Most of it was fruits and veggies (swap meet didnt have any real good veggies friday) and turkey and the "good" bread now.
Then we came home and I made lowfat sugar free strawberry shakes. Even the whipped cream was SF And FF! Hubby says "not bad for sugar free." I will admit they were pretty good!!

Have a good night all...**hugs**

Noodles913
09-08-2003, 02:32 AM
https://publish.comcast.net/clipart/homecomm/weathermap.gif

Thought you guys might want to see what they consider "Autumn" weather here in Tucson...

Welcome to September!! Often, we Tucsonans don't mind the summer heat. But, most of us are ready for autumn by early September. Normal highs for September drop from 96 at the beginning of the month to 90 by September 31st. Normal lows drop from 71 to 63 from beginning to end of the month. The hottest temperature ever recorded in the month of September for Tucson is 107. So, you see, we have another month of pretty warm weather on the way!

Have a wonderful Monday!

Rabbit
09-08-2003, 12:20 PM
HI all. This morning was my weigh in. I maintained. I was a little bummed that I did not have a loss as I really deserve it. But I figure then I'll have a great loss next week.

Karen - we golf at a Par 3 course. That's about all I can handle!

Angel - nice that you have a family night.

Rabbit
199/189Halloween

RoadRunner
09-08-2003, 09:35 PM
Good EVening!!!
Wendy--Congrats on the loss!!!!

Lauren-Hope U make it to the store!!!

Rabbit--I am thinking U lost some inches and it just didnt show on the scale!!!!

I have to say, it was harder to lose the weight in 1999 single and alone...3 kids and breast feeding makes it soo much easier!!!
I am working on maintaining at this point or maybe losing 5 more!!!
Have a great evening all!Hello to anyone I missed..Sick child #2 and she needs mom!!!
RR

Noodles913
09-09-2003, 01:16 PM
https://publish.comcast.net/clipart/homecomm/family1.gif
Hi all...

I haven't had the chance to post much lately. I've been dealing with a minor flare up arthritis wise so it is hard for me to type at times when it's this bad. The good part is the monsoons are officially OVER tomorrow! YAY! Now it will dry out around here and my swelling will go down.

I did manage to cook dinner last night though..hubby and kid were shocked. I BBQed chicken and made pasta salad with fresh corn on the cob. Even made them dessert. Sugar Free Low Fat Strawberry Shakes. (Got hubby hooked now!)

I went this morning and got my blood work done...and now I have that post blood work headache I always get. **Sigh** I just ate a banana and cheetos so hopefully that will help. Today I am going to try to get some things done around here that I have been putting off for a while. Ya know..procrastination! :lol: Bites me in the leg everytime. :dizzy:

Take care and have a good :sunny: day!

Rabbit
09-09-2003, 05:29 PM
hello. I have had 15 op days in a row! :)

RR - hope sick child is feeling better! ~ you could be right about the inches. I look forward to checking them mid-month.

Angel - hope your arthritis is better.

I am missing my boy!

Rabbit

LBH
09-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Yeah Rabbit!!!!! :cp:

Rabbit
09-10-2003, 12:19 PM
thanks, Lauren. That makes me feel good.

I had a tough time yesterday! I was running around and got home at 2 pm and hadn't had lunch and I was STARVING. Never a good idea to let oneself get to that point. So I had lunch. But then kept eating. BARELY made it through the day, used all my activity points for the day. But I made it.

Rabbit
199/189Halloween
16 Days OP

Noodles913
09-11-2003, 03:12 AM
https://publish.comcast.net/clipart/rec_hobbies/pepper1.gif

HELLO EVERYONE!

WAY TO GO RABBIT!!! :balloons:

Well, I am in a GOOD mood tonight! I am on some sort of good aura around me or something...I bowled tonight...and I did pretty good! I bowled a 193, 192, & a 212!! :yes::cb::joker::flow2::twirly:I had only 1 open in each game, and the 3rd game was clean! No Opens! Everyone came over to watch and I got too nervous though or the 212 would of been a 222. (Missed a strike). I am on :cloud9:...can ya tell?! :D Now there goes my average...I was carrying a 150 average, but now it should go up to a 160 something. EEKS! This is a rare event in bowling for me...must be the salad I had for dinner or a pre-birthday thing. :hat: I also lost another 2 pounds!! :dance: I hope I can get down another 5 by the next DRs. Visit. I'm sure going to try. Well, that's it for tonight. Take care and Bless All!

LBH
09-11-2003, 07:51 AM
WOO HOO Noodles....those are awesome scores!!! My high score is 204. My average was around 135-140. I remember everytime I'd get close to 200, none of my team mates would say anything to me, in case I didn't notice, so I wouldn't get stressed out, but I always knew there was a chance, and I'd be sweating bullets! :lol:

Congrats on the loss!! :dancer:

So, in honor of 9/11, let's here your thoughts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Where were you when you saw/heard the news that a plane had gone into the WTC?

Did you know anyone that lost their life in this tragedy?

How did/has it affected your life to this point?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to go to DMV and have my car inspected that morning before work. I had just left there and was on my way to work. Someone called into the radio station I listen to and said it looked like a small plane had crashed into one of the towers. They kept the guy on the phone and that was the start of it. The morning show guys were on the air for a couple days straight! I went to work that day, but my boss let me go early, I think around 3:00, to go home. I just wanted to be home with my DH. We were glued to the TV for the rest of the day.

I don't know anyone personally that lost their life. My BIL was supposed to be on one of the planes that left Boston headed for LA. He cancelled his business trip at the last minute for some reason. There were 3 people from my HS that died. They weren't in my class though.

I think it has made me take life more seriously. It has also made me think more about my faith.

Noodles913
09-11-2003, 08:27 AM
https://publish.comcast.net/clipart/misc/miscl005.gifhttps://publish.comcast.net/clipart/misc/miscl005.gifhttps://publish.comcast.net/clipart/misc/miscl005.gifhttps://publish.comcast.net/clipart/misc/miscl005.gifhttps://publish.comcast.net/clipart/misc/miscl005.gif
Can't Sleep...

I do the same thing LBH! I get close to that 200 and I sweat, my legs get weak, my heart beats too fast, etc. It sucks! If I can get past the 200 mark then I calm down, but just a bit because then I know I'll have an even higher 200 if I can do this ...get that..and then I get all nervous all over again. The neverending cycle! AHHHHHHH!! :eek:

Where was I when the USA changed forever...I was in bed. It was only 6 am out here I believe...I got a phone call--"ANGEL...TURN ON THE TV NOW! WE'RE GETTING BOMBED IN NEW YORK!" This person that called me was a real drama queen so I didn't really think it was THAT bad...and I was a bit irritated I got woken up, but I figured since I was up, I better turn on the TV and see what the hype was about.

WOW..was I in for a shock. I just sat there dumbfounded with my mouth open. The first thought that came to my head was "Ut oh..there's too much smoke...it's a matter of time before that tower falls." (other one hadnt got hit yet.) Then I saw the other one get hit...I hit the floor...in even more shock. I started to call my friends & family & woke THEIR rears up.

It seemed like I was watching a movie, but yet I knew..this is the REAL thing right before my eyes...Reality set in...Oh My God...PEOPLE...Dead..dying..going to die...all for the world to watch...Sickening...MAD..WHO did THIS?! :cry: So many different emotions!! I was glued in front of the TV all day & night...couldn't even eat. I was just sick to my stomach thinking about those families, friends, the people losing people, how one person is connected to another and how this is going to affect and change the world for the rest of my life and everyone elses.

I didn't know anyone that lost their lives, but I still felt like my heart got ripped out watching lives lost on TV.

How has it affected my life? Well, I am more cautious of the people around me. The weirdest thing happened the night before...I was in Wal-Mart at about 2 am getting groceries. This middle eastern couple were also doing some shopping...more like stocking up as if a hurricane was coming or something...I came around the corner and they started yelling at me in a language I didn't understand, and then they hauled outta there ASAP. I thought how odd? What did *I* do?! And then brushed it off. Today I would definitely not brush that off. I am not as trusting anymore as I use to be. I guard my heart and my family the best I can. I also keep abusive, negative, using people out of my life. But on the flip side I am now more affectionate, huggy, loving, etc..to my loved ones (both friends and family). I also call, write, and keep in touch better with my loved ones that I can't alway's visit. I make sure everyone knows I love them by telling them. I have learned that I don't need a bunch of material things to keep me happy..and how short life really is and to enjoy it the best I can. And the best part is I have learned how lucky I am to have the people in my life that I do that love me very much. :D

Amen!

KarenK
09-11-2003, 09:44 AM
I was off work that day because I was going in for a sinus CAT scan. I left home and everything was fine. I got to the clinic and everyone was gathered around the TV. I saw something about an airplane hitting the WTC. I thought it was a small plane. Then they called my name to do the registration. When I came out I was sitting there watching the TV, trying to convince myself that it was a small plane and probably only the pilot was hurt. Then I saw this other plane and I thought "Now, how are they showing a replay?" I guess we will go pretty far to convince ourself everything is really OK. When I got home I was totally glued t the TV. When the buildings fell I felt like my heart was breaking. I couldn't go to bed because I wanted to hear that they found survivors. Onlt they didn't. DH finally turned the TV off and made me go to bed.

I did not know anyone personally. One of DH's clients is just down the street and he used to work at 1 Liberty Plaza (the other bldg they were worried about collapsing). I just feel so incredibly lucky that he wasn't there. I worked in a hospital not far from the city and we were an overflow facility. Even though there was no overflow people posted pictures of their missing. I t was so hard walking into the building and they left them up for months. I can't imagine the pain of being the ones who were waiting for loved ones who weren't coming home.

I just try to make sure everyday that my loved ones know I love them.

Rabbit
09-11-2003, 03:50 PM
I was taking a bath. And the phone kept ringing and ringing. So I thought, somebody really wants to get ahold of me, I had better get out of here. So I traipsed through my house dripping wet in a towel to get to the answering machine and I had a couple messages from my sister and from my husband telling me about a plane hitting the wtc and to turn on my tv. I was glued to the tv the rest of the day, most of the time in my towel. I called my son at college. The first plane I thought maybe was some bizarre accident, the second plane hit and I knew it was terrorists. I kept my husband up to date by phone as he was working all day. My heart broke as I watched the towers fall.

As for how it has changed me, I think our world changed that day for all of us here in the US and I can't imagine that we can ever go back to being as naive as we were. I feel honored to live in the country that we do and pride in my fellow citizens.

Rabbit

LBH
09-12-2003, 08:53 AM
Wow, what horrible news to get up to this AM, Johnny Cash AND John Ritter are dead!! :eek: :cry: I was shocked to see Johnny Cash, but then I saw Johm Ritter and just about fell off the chair!! How sad.

I'm headed to the Dr. about my heel pain today. I made an appt. with a Podiatrist, but w/DH's insurance, I need a referral. I never had to deal with referrals before, so i called the primary's office and asked them to fax one to this Podiatrist. Well, I have to see the primary first. I love my primary, but I hate waiting in her office to see her. :mad: So we're going at 11:30 this AM. Was supposed to go to the Podiatrist at 9:45, so I'm waiting for them to call me back.

I'm going to WI on Saturday this week, to see what the leader on Sat. is like. The one last Wed. was nice, but I want to see what the others are like.

Rabbit
09-12-2003, 10:41 AM
I had my first group tennis lesson yesterday and I loved it! Ds and I played a lot of tennis this summer so I wanted to find a way to continue after he went to school. The place is like 40-45 minutes away but I decided it was worth it and I'm going once/week.

Been busy getting ready for rummage sales. My mom is having one next weekend - it's a community one. And I'm getting stuff ready for it. Then my sis and I are having one at her place in early October. Hope I sell a bunch of stuff!

Lauren - hope the doctor appt. goes well.

Rabbit
199/189Halloween
18 Days OP (and I wish the scale would drop)

Noodles913
09-12-2003, 11:59 AM
https://publish.comcast.net/clipart/homecomm/pets.gif

Good Morning Everybody!

I can't believe I am up this early...I got up at 6:30 AM. That's REALLY early for me. I have been cleaning ever since, but my blood sugar went crazy so I had to stop and eat some cereal (shredded wheat) and take a break.

LBH: Good luck at the Doctors. I know what you mean about those referrals! Pain in the...I am so glad we changed insurance.

RABBIT: Awwww man!!! You said the magic word. RUMMAGE SALE!! I wish I was there! I love rummage sales! We are having the community one Nov. 8th and I am not even anywhere near getting ready for it. Congrats on the tennis. You'll drop weight fast with tennis. When hub and I started playing again the weight started to peel off. We're going to try to start playing again so the weight I hope will peel off again. :)

Have a good day everyone! Tomorrow is my :bd: so I probably won't be around. Got a busy day planned. My aunts and hubby are up to something...haven't been able to figure it out yet but I'll let ya know Sunday.
:wave:

LBH
09-13-2003, 09:32 AM
Hi All,

I went to WI this AM and lost 1.8 lbs.!! :dancer: It's not much, but I had a really bad week...just couldn't get started for some reason. Honestly, I think the loss is just that I wore shorts, instead of the capris I had on last week, and I went in the AM, before I had much food in me, last week I went in the afternoon. Whatever, it's a new week and this week I'm determined to journal everything and be OP. :D

Noodles- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a great day!

I went to my primary about my heel and she was going to give me a stronger anti-inflamitory drug (than the Advil I'm taking), and an Rx for an X-Ray, but then she asked if I was nursing and I said yes and she said scratch that, stay with the Advil and she gave me a referral to the Podiatrist. She said it very well could be a heel spur. I have to wear my socks and sneakers all the time, no bare feet (which is killing me, because the first thing I do when I get in the door is take my shoes off!), keep my foot elevated whenever possible, and don't lean on it. I can walk on it, but not support all my weight on it. So I go to the Podiatrist on Tuesday.

Rabbit
09-13-2003, 12:58 PM
hello all. Unfortunately I blew my op streak last night. And that was even AFTER watching the Dr Phil special on weight loss. I got stressed and relieved it with food - that's the way I figure it anyway. I ate a bunch of nuts and I don't know the points - probably a whole week's worth of flex points. I begin anew.

Angel - :hat: Happy Birthday! Have a fun day. ~ Hope you are right about the weight dropping with tennis.

Lauren - :) Congrats on the loss! ~ My dh is having heel problems also and has been on an anti inflammatory. Not sure yet if it's going to do the trick.

Rabbit
199/189Halloween