Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2001, 10:49 PM   #1  
Just call me Patty

Question

Well I have GREAT news!!! I hit the big goal at my WI yesterday!!!!! I was on a three week plateau and thought it would never ever change but
as of yesterday I lost another 3lbs....78lbs total since June 2000!!!

Hey I found a great 1 point treat:

1 15oz. can of pumpkin
2 small packages of fat free sugar free Chocolate pudding
1 cup skim milk

mix all together and refrigerate
makes 4- 3/4 cup servings 1 point each!!!!

comes out in a mousse consistency and is very filling...satifies the chocolate urge!!

Bye for now all!!!

Patty
smiling in Michigan
303/225/185
Old 03-19-2001, 10:47 AM   #2  

PatriceK: Congrats on the weight loss. Pat yourself on the back and give yourself a nice reward.

Thanks for the recipe . . . I'll try it tonight if I have time.

2oM
Old 03-19-2001, 07:46 PM   #3  

Hi,
I am new to the boards here and have been taking some time to read some post. Was wondering if anyone would mind if I joined this thread. I have gone to WW for so long it seems like forever. I am trying it on my own for a while. I have several health problems that would benefit by my weight loss. (Diabetes, arthritis in knees, crohns......the list seems to go on and on) I seem to go for days and stay OP then all the sudden the bottom falls out and I find all the wrong stuff. I am a big time carb lover which really does nothing good for the diabetes. Hopefully with the help with this group along with the rest of the 3FC site will help me turn this around.

Thanks for letting me vent

Mary Ann

275/262/145
Old 03-19-2001, 08:13 PM   #4  
Just call me Patty

Default HI..

Maryann of course you can join this thread...I am glad to see you aboard...We all have those times where we do real good then all of a sudden... my downfall is usually going out to dinner with DH and losing count of points..but here's the trick...just forget about it and get right back on program...this has been the key to my success...I never stay down for long...I just get up and get back on track...it's hard sometimes but just remember those words we have all heard before:

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!!

So if you go off track don't sweat it...get right back on the next day...or even better the next time you eat!

2ofme...thanks for the congrats..I know this is not what I am supposed to do..but I did it anyway I rewarded myself with pizza....I just worked out harder the next day...I am waiting for income tax money and I am truly rewarding myself with some new clothes..I am tired of wearing baggy stuff....

I love having that problem!!!

Hanging in there...

Patty
Old 03-20-2001, 11:08 AM   #5  

maryannb6: Welcome! I see we are both struggling. I'm in a Plump Slump, LOL. Lovin' those carbs, too. Isn't today the first day of spring? Isn't that supposed to help? Geez, let's get that motivation up!

PatriceK: Wow! Loose clothing . . . I can only imagine. And if I don't get my butt in gear soon, that's all I will be doing - imagining. Keep up the good work.

2oM
Old 03-20-2001, 08:18 PM   #6  

Patti - Thanks for the warm welcome. The statement you wrote is hard for me to imagine. I cannot even remember being "thin". I think the last time was about 20-25 years ago. Geez thats pretty sad. There is one saying that I do try to remember and that is "What is to be is up to me" I heard this at one of my meeting a long time ago. I am trying real hard not to "beat myself up". I have a tendency to do that sometimes.

2ofme - Yes today is the first day of spring and they are calling for snow here (West Virginia) on Friday. Go figure!!! Isn't it a shame that carbs have to taste so good. We CAN do this.

Both - Thank you for your quick response to my post. It was a pleasant suprise when I got on my computer after work. I usually do not get to come here until after work but I can see this as becoming a place to which I will come FIRST. Can you tell I LOVE these little "smilies"

Mary Ann
275/262/145
Old 03-26-2001, 03:39 PM   #7  
I just wanna be me :-)

S/C/G: 265/224.6/141

Default I am back!!!!!!

Hello all!!!
Welcome to the new faces!!!!!! Well i have been unmotivated and the kids have had me running for so long, i finally decided it was time for me, i recommitted and went to a meeting this morning!!!! It felt so good!!!!
So i am back on track or atleast that is what i am gonna try to be I will post more later, cya

Marion
252/228.6/126
Old 04-04-2001, 11:58 AM   #8  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi Patty, Mary Ann and Marion....
I'd like to join you all on this journey. I was on WW 2 years ago but stopped after I was tired of paying the fee to see only a pound loss each week. Now looking back on it I would have been at goal a long time ago... and you know I just don't know where that weekly fee I saved has gone to!!!

In between the 2 years I tried Richard Simmons and Somersizing - but I need the weekly weigh in. I also gave up for a while but I need to do this to feel better about myself in general. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Kim
239/236.5/140 3/24/2001
Old 04-04-2001, 03:34 PM   #9  

Hi kim, and everyone else too!!!!!!

WEll i did it, i just had my first weigh in since starting and i lost 4lbs!!!! I got my butt out and walked too!!!!!
It feels so good to be motivated!!!! Lets stick together and together we will do well!!!!!!!!!!

Marion
252/224.6/126
Old 04-08-2001, 04:37 PM   #10  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Wow this thread is pretty quiet.... I thought there would be more of us shooting for 225. I went to weigh in yesterday and only lost .5 lbs (but I'll take it). I think once I start to move a little more it will come off quicker - but I am recovering from some surgery and still cannot get out there to walk like I want to. I guess for being at home for 4 weeks right next to the refrigerator this is pretty good. The day before the surgery I was 250 and now I'm 236 - so that's very encouraging. If I didn't make this committment to lose, my personality (and bad habits) would easily have had me munching out while resting at home. Hope everyone does well this week.

Kim
239/236/140 ....3/24/2001
Old 04-08-2001, 11:07 PM   #11  

Hi kim & everyone!!!
What a horrible long we i had, this one has to be better, hopefully no where near as busy........In the morning is my WW meeting, i will pos and let you know how i did this week. I will take whatever i can get for this weigh in, i know i didn't do my best, and didnt exercise even once. But this week will be better

Marion
Old 04-10-2001, 03:44 PM   #12  

Hi everyone, why so quiet lately??? must be the nice weather..........well i did it went to my wi yesterday, and lost another 1.2, i will gladly accept that loss, not sure i deserve it but i will take it. Last week was horrendous, hopefully this week is gonna be better. Also the center where i attend meeting is having a contest, a walking club, so i bought one of their pedometers and am gonna committ to walking....think i can walk 1000 miles before snow flies next year??? Interesting, i will have to calculate approx how many miles that is a day or a week or something like that so i can set some reasonable goals for myself. How is everyone else doing???

Marion
252/223.4/126
Old 04-10-2001, 09:49 PM   #13  

Default New Member??

I am looking for the right spot. I get the impression everyone here has a chunk to lose. The board I jumped into before is welcoming but when one member said she had 7# to lose, I felt ... well, you can imagine.

I started with WW in 1969 the FIRST time and have been at it off and on ever since. I've been to goal twice and now can't even picture ever being there again. I know I have to set more attainable goals and this sounded like such a realistic spot for me. I know this thread is getting pretty long but hope you have space for another person.

I've been trying to follow a copy of program that I picked up last year. Started again 4/1/01 and have until 8/31/01 to lose as much weight as I can. You see, that's the day I retire and my husband (is that DH? or what does that stand for?) and I will begin traveling for a couple of months. I know program has changed some for 2001 (my sis tells me it because members were not losing fast enough) but yesterday I weighed in at home and had lost 5#. Hooray. First loss of anything in over a year.

I, too, need a place where I can vent...and I do tend to get wordy. Hope to stick with it for some time. And I can't wait (weight?) to try the pumpkin recipe!
Old 04-10-2001, 10:48 PM   #14  

welcome no clue, you are very welcome to join us!!!!! Keep up the great work 5 lbs is a great start!!!!!!! you and i started just about the same time, so we can work on this thing together!!!!!!

Marion
Old 04-11-2001, 10:11 AM   #15  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi No Clue - Welcome!
My mom was in WW in 1970 and she just rejoined with me last month.... she cannot believe all the foods she can eat now on the program. She was thinking back to the days where she would slice one piece of bread in half and put tomato juice and once slice of mozzarella in the broiler for her own WW pizza. She is doing VERY well - 6lbs in the first week and 2.5 in the second. This coming Saturday is our 3rd weigh in.

Hi everyone else - I am having a very odd week. I think my body is confused by what I am doing because it's never seen so little sweets.... Last week I was a little disappointed to lose only 1/2 pound but I thought I'd just try NOT to get discouraged. This week we went out to eat at Outback Steakhouse (a killer for me), and then other social types of things. Each day I've been about 6-9 points over my limit and yet I am still at the same weight as last Saturday (thank goodness). I know my metabolism is shot and I am just trying to get used to eating breakfast again - haven't in about 25 years. I know I can't ask my family to give up their favorites (NONE of them have a weight problem at all)... but it is pathetic when I have to give my husband all the sweets in the house to take with him in his work truck. I really do lack willpower - no matter how much support I get. Anyone else struggle with avoiding foods in their house?
Gotta Run - Kim
239/236/140 ....3/24/01
Closed Thread