South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 06:02 AM   #1  
Mous

Default Forget-Me-Not at the Beach DAILY 9/7

HAPPY Grandparent's Day

Forget-Me-Not

Forget-Me-Not
Named Official Flower
of Grandparents Day

If you could have a flower and a day named for you what would it be?
Will there be someone to forget you NOT?
Have you ever thought about how you and your actions impact someone's life?
The little things you do make the best gift.
Forget NOT what bad things have happened to you but Remember the good.

Have a SPECIAL day today in whatever you chose to do.

Hugs,
Marcie
Old 09-07-2003, 08:15 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Yikes! Is it Grandparents' day!? Hmmm, not something we normally celebrate but perhaps my children could phone their grandparents today... thanks, Marcie.

Had a WONDERFUL time with Ruth and Mauvais yesterday at Dim Sum. I picked up a few new swear words from Ruth, and gained a pound.

Have a great day, girls!!
Back later...
Old 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM   #3  
In Control: E+R=O

Good Morning Marcie, ellis, and Beauties yet to come!

Grandparents day......my Grandparents live in my heart now, and I do miss them. I have wonderful memories of them, happy loving memories. One of my favorite memories of my Grandma is her "chair cookies"! I don't know if you can even buy these in the store anymore, I haven't looked in ages, but they were rounded on the top and flat on the bottom, marshmallow and chocolate cake-type of thing on top of a flat white cookie, all covered with chocolate. My Grandma had chairs with dark brown vinal padded seats that looked just like these cookies.....so we would sit on these chairs and eat the cookies.....and we started calling them Grandma's chair cookies. She always had them for us when we went to visit.

Marcie, thanks for the reminder that it is Grandparents Day, you made me stop and revisit my Grandparents in my mind and heart, and I feel very happy and nostalgic now (and of course a little sad, I do still miss them).

Ellis, I'm so glad (and a little jealous you know) that you and Ruth and Mauvais had such a nice time yesterday!! What more could you ask for.....Food, Friends, and Profanity!!!

I've been MIA for a couple of days.....just really busy.....I hate it when life interferes with my computer time!! I have a lot of catching up to do, so am going to go puruse the rest of the board now.

Have a Super Sunday Beach Beauties!!
Old 09-07-2003, 11:03 AM   #4  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

GOOD MORNING!!! I think I need to go back to bed so I can cuddle up and think of my grandparents!!! I am VERY lucky in that one of my grandmothers is still around (she just turned 99!!) She lives in England, so I haven't seen her in a long time, but she is a sweetheart!!

Ellis-You mean there are swear words you didn't KNOW?!?!
Old 09-07-2003, 11:31 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Which word was that, Ellis? I am always glad to contribute to your lexicon.

We had a lovely time yesterday - and I don't mean just the food. We walked along Somerset and I showed E. and M. my grandparents' old house. I've been thinking about them ever since and didn't even know it was GP DAy!

Major shocker this morning when I found an unpaid car insurance bill that was due Aug. 23! I am always right on top of stuff and can't believe this escaped me. This morning sorting my desk mess has to take priority over a walk with my Girls. I've made a note to call my insurance guy in the morning after my darn dental appointment to get started on a crown for a molar! Harry has to get a chipped tooth fixed in the afternoon so it'll be a kechung-kechung day for our dentist. Let's hope the insurance covers this or I'll be feeling like poor folks and have to subsist on starch!

Today I switched to Phase 2 or 1½ on SBD and had a slice of whole grain toast with my egg. My BGL was way too low this a.m. and I decided it was time. I have not weighed myself today (amazing!) so have no idea how much damage was done by dim-sum. Yes, we did eat almost everything except for rice and anything sweet. By the way, my dumb stomach did not tell me it was full! I think Ellis and I would still be there if Mauvais had not had a BBQ to go to!

Gotta get cracking and get stuff done before lunch. I have a couple of great recipes to post too. Maybe later.

I love the new look!
Old 09-07-2003, 11:35 AM   #6  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Marcie....
I just love your message today. I have two baby grand-
children in Texas, and they are my pride and joy!!

Ellis....
Dim Sum!!!! One of my favorite things in life! Did you
taste it for me, too??

On a lighter note...I try to be a role model for my
grandkids. I never had grandparents that really cared
enough to be close, so I work extra hard to give mine lots
of love, and cherished time together.
We live about 800 miles apart, but I call them every day,
and we are together lots. In fact, I'm going to visit for the
whole month in October!!! I can't wait.

You are all so special to me. I wish all my SBD sisters
a wonderful Sunday.....filled with all the blessed things you l
love most in life.

Happy Day!!!
~Sharon
Old 09-07-2003, 11:43 AM   #7  
Enthusiasm is contagious

P.S.
Twodog.......I remember those cookies you were mentioning!

They had this cookie, and marshmellow (the creamy
kind) , and delicious chocolate on top! Yum!!!
I didn't have the cute name for them, but did eat them
just the same!

Wonderful memories!
Old 09-07-2003, 11:47 AM   #8  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Any of you lovely ladies looking to adopt a granddaughter? I'm pretty low maintenence...honestly! No age requirement!

My parents and grandparents have all passed away and I miss their presence in my life. My DH's parents are still with us, so my kids are blessed with a set of wonderful grandparents and for that I am eternally grateful.

Ellis & Ruth-so glad to hear you had a wonderful time yesterday! If we ever get together I could teach you both some great curse words...in Russian! I swear (no pun intended) that Russian curses are the most imaginative I have ever heard. We even had a special lecture about them when I was in language school!

Ruth-I can empathize with the insurance bill SNAFU...Just last week I missed the deadline for our final cruise payment! The reminder went to an e-mail account I don't regularly use...I know, that was dumb. But it is okay...they didn't cancel our booking. If they had my name would have been "mud" around here.

2dog-I remember those cookies! We always got pickles or pickled beets at my G'ma's house! But mom bought us cookies so I never suffered...much!

Deets-awww, you sound like the PERFECT Grandma! Your grandbabies are blessed to have you!

Have a great day all! We are off to the popcorn festival...I have avoided it so far but the whole family is walking over now and want me to join them. I'll try and be strong!
Old 09-07-2003, 02:04 PM   #9  

My youngest son reminded me it was Grandparents Day today ... he wants me to bring him over to his father's parents house this afternoon (everyone on my side has passed away) ... I'm sure he is also planning on hitting his Dad up for $50 or so ... (what 16 year old boy really plans on visiting his grandparents???) ... after that we'll stop by and visit with my grand daughter for a little while ...

Glad you mentioned your insurance bill Ruth, I think my cable bill is sitting downstairs waiting to get to the mailbox ...

Have a good Sunday ladies !!!
Closed Thread