Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 11:39 PM   #1  

Default Breakfasts - IDEAS

I've been "doing Atkins" without a hitch for 5 whole days, multiply that times 200 and I'll be happy. I am tired of bacon and eggs, anyone have any creative ideas for breakfasts Thanks
Old 09-06-2003, 12:15 AM   #2  
Slimwithin

We did have a creative breakfast idea thread but I'm not too sure where it is. Perhaps our trusty moderator could find it and bring it back to the head of the class.
In the meantime, try to think "outside the box". Just because it's your first meal of the day doesn't mean you can only eat what we consider to be breakfast foods. Breakfast foods are an invention of the 20th century in order to sell corn flakes. Anything you can eat at lunch or dinner time, you can eat for breakfast. This morning I had a piece of cold chicken. Some days I'll have cream cheese on pork rinds. There's a recipe for Mock French Toast made with eggs, crushed pork rinds and other stuff that is pretty good with sugar free syrup. There are some breakfast quiche recipes that can be made in muffin tins and frozen to zap in the microwave. Ham & cream cheese roll-ups. Bacon & mushrooms with cheddar or mozzarella cheese melted over.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:38 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Try "Induction on Atkins" and "Biggest Block" in the FAQ section. Also take a look in the Recipe section, Miscellaneous, where I've bumped up three threads that may help.
Try to think outside the box for breakfast. I frequently have a protein shake or leftover meat for breakfast.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Sometimes I make the atkins version of corned beef hash (turnip instead of potato), the recipe is on their website.

Lately I've also gotten some flaxseed "oatmeal" from Low Carb Success (they make an awesome pizza crust too). It is extremely filling but without the protein, I find I need a snack or early lunch around 11 am or so (breakfast was at 7am-ish).

Since I'm not on Induction any more sometimes I treat myself to a bowl of berries with sausages or bacon on the side for breakfast when I just can't have another egg
Old 09-09-2003, 12:03 AM   #5  

One easy, fast idea for breakfast in celery and cream cheese. I'm not much of a breakfast person, this is quick, easy, quite refreshing and lots of crunches!
Old 09-09-2003, 12:54 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

I like cottage cheese with almond slivers, mixed with sweetner and cinnamon. When I am off the first two weeks, I add fresh berries. This is very good. It can adapted to locarb and south beach after first two weeks.

Also, I make a pancake by taking two scoops of soy protein powder, mixed with two tablespoons of oil, about 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla and cinnamon and one egg. Mix it all together and fry as one big pancake in fry pan. I either use sugar free syrup, or sometimes if I am really hungry, I make a filling of whipped cream cheese that is mixed with sweetner, banana extract and walnuts, and I roll it up and make a crepe, or I mix it with strawberries, you know, get creative...made this for my guy and he never even knew it was locarb.
Closed Thread