Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 11:28 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Angry Chit Chat # 7

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Jana
Old 09-05-2003, 11:38 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Angie - be sure and post those pics when you can. I am so glad you're having a good time!

Cristi - YAY for you being so OP. And now you have the fair to look forward to - have fun.

Marti - you are doing so good with the water. I will check out the post at Support that you mentioned and maybe even PM her. Sounds like she needs a freind. I used to smoke, and quit almost 6 (or is it 7??) years ago. I bought the patch and kept it in my drawer til I was ready. One day I was, so I tore up my cigs and slapped on a patch and never ever had another puff. Drink plenty of fruit juice, since it helps slow down the release of nicotine from your body. And you will have to change some of your routines that involved smoking. But one of the best things I did was buy a coloring book and crayons, and I used these when I was on the phone, while I drank my coffee, etc. I tried to do crafts, but my hands were a little shaky, so the coloring was just right. And cheap, too. lol Honey, If I could quit smoking, ANYONE can. I was a 1 1/2 pack a day for 25 years smoker. You will get support from all of us, okay? Post anytime you need to!

Thanks to all of you for what you said about me taking in Fern. You guys are good buddies, and I am glad I have this place to come to every day.

BBL,
Jana
Old 09-05-2003, 01:46 PM   #3  

Hi everyone!

Marti, wanted to let you know, after I read your post, I went and read "why bother" and responded to her. I also invited her to join our little group. I hope something that someone says will change her outlook. I can remember feeling that way at times and it does help coming here to talk to everyone here.

Jana How are things going with Fern? I'm sure she's as snug as a bug in your loving home. I'm so glad to hear that everything is ok with Mckenzie. Poor little moppet, it's so hard when they don't feel good or are scared.

Angie Glad to hear you're having fun with the play. So, when do you think you'll be opening on Broadway? Like Jana, I just can't wait to see the pics!

Our town has a Popcorn Festival every year, fitting since we live in the popcorn capital of the world. We have 2 of the biggest producers of popcorn that is distributed all over the worls in our little town. They always have 3 different bands during the festival and since it's right up the street from our house we usually go at least once, Last night there was a Dean Martin tribute going on, his son is now performing all his songs. I don't know if anyone has ever heard him or not, but I thought he was terrible, he sounds nothing like his father. Tonight Neil McCoy is playing and tomorrow night Steppenwolf is playing. I got my gyro last night so tonight I can eat with some sense. My nephew and his wife are coming up tonight to go with us, so we will have some fun.

Oh and I had to share,......last night I was actually able to put on my size 14 jeans and (drumroll please) didn't have to lay down to zip them up!

I must confess, since I started back to work I haven't been doing to well staying OP, but evidently I am still losing weight. I don't get in the workout I used to get, but we do still walk quite a bit. Will one of you please give me a good swift boot in my rear to get me back in line?!

I'm off to straighten up the house. Ta ta, Mel
Old 09-05-2003, 06:30 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ya ladies

Mel, I would have to say you don't need a swift kick considering you got in your size 14 pants without having to lay down. I can only dream about a size 14 right now. The Popcorn Festival sounds like fun, I like Neal McCoy and Steppenwolf. Have fun for me!

Nancy, I have been reading the news online about the hurricane set to hit Bermuda-I will keep your friends as well as everyone else over there in my prayers. I've never been through a hurricane myself bu t my cousin lives in Houston and it is a bit frightening. Of course they usually boarded up the windows, packed some of their sentimental items, such as pictures, jewelry and such and would go to Dallas where my Aunt is and wait it out. I love the idea of chewing and spitting out. I have said I was going to try that but know I couldn't if it is in my mouth and I chew it it is going down! I think I saw that on a Sex in The City episode. One of the girls boy friends I think??? Not sure but thought that was kind of funny to see a guy doing it.

Well, today was weigh in day for me and I must say I was totally surprised to see that I am down 3.5 pounds, woohoo! Don't ask me how I did it because I stayed within my points, did my regular exercise and got my water in. I am so happy, now if I can keep it up. Not 3.5 pounds a week because that is too fast for me, but the losing part. I guess setting those mini-goals have really helped as I am doing my best to stick with it. Anyway, I don't want to make this too long. I will try and check in this weekend but no promises ladies. This is the first weekend my dh has had off in a while and we are going to be out and about and I look forward to spending much needed time with him. I hope EVERYONE has a GREAT weekend! Take care ladies.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:34 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Hi girls-

Well today I did well with water. I exceeded the 8 glasses. Not by much but I'm only asking of myself to take in 8! So I posted that on the 21 day challenge.

Then I had to post in the "reasons for losing weight" thread. My reason was to see my breast larger than my gut when I look at my body profile. I am tired of being mistaken as being pregnant. In fact, just before we moved into this house, I went to JC Pennys and bought some new towels. After I had purchased them and was gathering my things, the woman at the cashier looked me up and down (which made me feel very uncomfortable) then asked me if I was interested in buying baby books!! Now I looked around and there were NO baby books around so I gave her this look and said "no I don't why?" She didn't answer. On my way home I felt like crying. So,,,, as you can tell, I hold most of my weight in my tummy. Just up front, not all the way around, round like a bowl. Gotta get rid of a lot of that. I don't ever expect to have 6pack abs, just not so bloaty looking. (imagine how I must look when TOM is near!!)

Jana- thank you for your support on the smoking. I had smoked since I was 16 then four years ago I quit. Then last year I started up again. Big mistake. I went out for lunch one day with James and we had a few drinks. And to let it wear off a little we decided to walk around the mall. We stopped at a cigar shop because they smelled so good and we wanted to buy one.....we ended up buying a pack of cigarettes. Terrible isn't it. I'll work on it though.

Mel- I would absolutely love to go to a popcorn festival!! Popcorn is my most favorite snack. So much in fact that in the past for gifts, I have gotten all kinds of popcorn items. Also, I agree with Cristie, you don't need a swift kick.... you're doing something good if you're getting into the jeans you want without learning to do some crazy twist and turns to get into them. I'm also glad to hear that you posted with MrsK. It actually sounds like this place is helping her a little with her motivation. TKD??? That's excellent!! And a great way to start.. I will have to tell her that sometime later.

Cristie- Excellent job on the 3.5lbs.!!
I just got my scale today and it was late in the day so I didn't weigh myself. I always weigh in first thing in the morning. I will post the horrible results tomorrow.

Nancy- I'm glad to see you're still here. You're plan that you're on seems to be doing great for you. I just know you'll get great results. I will have to read up on it. I think I'm going to try the WW now that I have a slider. See how that works for me.

Ok, I've notorious for the lenghths of my post. Imagine if we were all together.... I'd be yappin like crazy. So hi to all that I have missed. I hope we hear more from some of the other new girls that had posted earlier in the month (or in the later of last month...)

Marti
Old 09-06-2003, 08:26 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Nancy - somehow I left you out of my last post - so sorry about that! I hope your friends and house are safe! When will you be returning to Bermuda?

Mel - omg, size 14 jeans would be a total mind-blower for me!! No kicks for you, sweetie. I too love popcorn, and was delighted when I found out, back when we were dating, that my sweetie grows it. This season's crop is just now becoming dry enough to pop. Yum! I remember Dino Martin! He never did make it very big, but his dad sure did belt 'em out! I like Neil McCoy and Steppenwolf. Sometimes I play "Magic Carpet Ride" for the twins, and they bob up and down to the beat.

Cristi - YAY for you - losing 3.5 pounds!!!! That is great! Hope you have fun with your DH this weekend.

Marti - embarrassing things do happen when we are overweight. Once a kid in Walmart, about 6 years old said "Gee lady, you're fat!" His mom told him to shut up, but I felt my face turned beet red. And when I went to Disney World in May, I had to get a seat belt extension for about 2 inches! Actually , Katie got it for me. Knowing I might need it, we boarded the plane early, and the attendant was very sweet and low-key about it, which made it not so terrible, but it was still very embarrassing. :

Hi also to the others. Hope you are having a great weekend.

Guess what I did last night? I made 2 little red poodle skirts for the twins to wear on Halloween. I sewed little white dogs on them, and then some silver sparkly stuff for a leash. I can't wait for DD Mary to see them. She is always so grateful for things that I do for the girls, but it makes me feel good to do it.

I could've sworn today was a Jaded Lady's birthday, but when I looked through the bios, I could've find who... if it is YOUR birthday, please tell us!

Have a great Saturday, ladies!

Jana
Old 09-06-2003, 08:46 AM   #7  

Hello Ladies,

It is so nice to read your notes when I get up in the morning. I am still doing well on my diet, drinking lots of water and stuff. I have managed 6 days and today is the last day of week one. Next week I get to add a tablespoon of peanut butter in the afternoon, I have been looking forward to that all week...how crazy is that!!!

Hurricane Fabian hit the island and my flight was cancelled today so I am here in Muskoka until Tuesday. There is quite a bit of damage, but I can not get through to my house to see what has happened, because the phone lines are down. So I don't know exactly what has happened to our house. I shall just have to wait and see.

Marti...it sounds like you are doing well on your diet. I have the other problem, I carry all of my weight in my bottom. It is really huge and I can never get any pants to fit me, or fitted dresses. I would like to be thinner just so it would be easy to find clothes.

Christi...that is so great about the 3.5 pounds. It is so nice to get a surprise like that!!! I will weight myself tomorrow, I think I must be loosing weight because I feel thinner.

Jana...great to make the skirts. One time I promised my daughter that she could have a 50's party and that I would make poodle skirts for the 8 girls that came as a party favour. I never want to make another poodle skirt again. I actually got the felt and other decorating stuff and had the girls decorate the skirts on their own as a party activity. I think they really liked doing it. I have to start thinking of halloween for Paige and Madison (my daughters) and what costume I am going to make them.

Well must run and make my Cream of Wheat!!! I wish my kids liked it, then I would not have to make two breakfasts!!!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make their husbands lose weight?

Have a great day!!!

Nancy.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:50 AM   #8  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning
My last day with the show! Just a matinee and then tonight performance. Last nights show was a bust,,,,one of the cast could not for the life of her remember her lines....she was so upset she cried.
Ive been drinking lots of water, and sweating it out just as fast, being up in the sound booth is hot hot work. I usually come out after the show looking like I wet myself...oh ya...lol
Brandon may audition for a play next week. Ive been asked to help out with 3 plays in the next 6 months. And another coming up right away that needs a props person. I need a break...
I know of many people who bite into something they want chew then spit out.
Angie
Old 09-06-2003, 12:53 PM   #9  

A quick hello ladies-

I did my weigh in this morning and I'm at 144lbs. Sooo much better than I thought!!

Of coarse it's a 1lb. gain from the last time I posted my weight, but it could be soooooo much worse!! It had been a few weeks since I last weighed in.

So, in two more weeks we'll see if I can change that. For now, I'm doing a little happy dance.

I'll post more later. Have a great day!
Marti

Last edited by M.N.J.; 09-06-2003 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-07-2003, 06:41 PM   #10  

Hello ladies-

It's a Sunday and I hope you are all enjoying the day by relaxing. It is a cool damp day today and I love it! It smells refreshing outside. The last few days have been so hot and smokey with all the forest fires going on.

Nancy- I read in yesterdays paper about Bermuda,,, I prayed that your family and friends are all alright and that you still have a home to go to. What a frightening thing.

Angie- I have to say that you must have amazing energy to keep up with doing the theatre. I don't know if I would want to do something like that, I don't think I would have the patience and sense of humor to deal with it all. (boy, that doesn't make me sound good at all does it?)

Jana- don't you find it amazing at the things that come out of people's mouths. Now I can totally understand a child blurting things out, that's just how kids are as much as it hurts to hear, but when an adult says things...... makes you wonder sometimes why they think they should speak up when you know in there heads a little voice is telling them to "keep quiet!" Oh well, what can we do?

I got my hair cut today. Just in time for the weather to cool off..(what terrible timing I have!) but I like it. It was getting to long and out of control. I was actually able to pull what little I had into a pontail. Or stub, however you want to look at it. So much easier to handle.

Ok... everyone is busy today so I will go for now. I may check in later tonight.
Take Care Ladies
Marti
Old 09-07-2003, 10:16 PM   #11  

It's me again. Guess I'm the only one hanging around today.
Just wanted to show you that I changed my advatar. It's me and my girl cocoa. It was taken in February or so. Not the best picture but you can now put a face to my post!
Talk with you all tomorrow.
Marti
Old 09-07-2003, 10:41 PM   #12  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Im done! Free at last! The show went out with a bang,,,great work done by all. And next week I start The Company,,,how I got lassoooed into that Im not sure...grrrrr
And then from there its Jesus Christ Superstar, cast of over 70 from what the director told me last night. He asked if I would bring Tanner in for auditions,,,hes my 11 yr old.
Brandon turned down auditions for the Hobbit, which was a perfect show for him...ah well hes more of a techy anyways.
Better run he wants the computer
Angie
Old 09-07-2003, 10:59 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Nancy - your skirt story is funny! Never again, huh? Hope you are doing well in Muskoka and trying to not worry too much. Hopefully you will be able to get through by phone before long. Regarding ideas to have husbands lose weight - I have not faced that problem, but if I did, here's what I'd do. First of all, talk with him and find out if he is wanting to do this. If not, you might as well not push the issue. Like drinking, smoking, gambling, and any other vice, the person has to admit there is a problem and want to quit before they can beging to turn their life around. Then, when he is ready, be sure to have the right foods available, and maybe you can exercise together. It can be a life-long committment that you can do as a team. Good luck!

Angie - well, it's nice to be wanted, right? It seems you have a lot of fun with the theatre. Have you ever acted?

Marti - you are positively stunning!!!!! No kidding, you are a real looker. And I am glad you like your new hair style. We all need a little boost once in awhile.

Well, I have been off program and am having such a hard time of it! I am trying to get back the feeling of control that I had before and it is eluding me. I got my new Oprah magazine in the mail yesterday, and it has a weight loss article in it by Dr Phil that I am hoping will help stimulate me once again. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but it's from his new book, which debuts later this month. I refuse to undo all the good I've done so far!!!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend!
Later,
Jana
Old 09-08-2003, 04:42 PM   #14  

Hi ladies...

I hope everyone is well.

Nancy...Ive been watching the news and I hope that everything is ok for you. It sounds like Fabian was a real blaster. I heard that they opened the airport today, but are only letting daylight flights in because the navigational equipment is "unstable". I do hope that you can get home so you can clear your mind of your worries. Im keeping my fingers crossed that Fabian missed your house.

Angie...sounds like youve got some work ahead of you. I dont know how you do it. I only work part time, and it still seems like theres not enough time in the day to get everything done.
Dont work yourself too hard!

Marti...Hi pretty lady! Its so nice to see a face to go with the name. And your lil cocoa is such a sweetie!
Its cooling down here too, and I love it! I actually saw some leaves starting to fall. I love fall, its my favorite time of year, and it feels like its on its way.

Cristi...down 3.5 lbs! You go girl. Sounds like your on a roll. Keep it up...its good for you and inspiring for me!

Mel...ahhh to be a size 14 again. Good for you. It sounds like your doing something right.
As far as the swift boot...Ill kick your butt if you kick mine...

Well, Im still off plan, but am starting to get back into the mental zone again. My husband bought me a subscription to Health magazine, which should help to inspire me again. Its a great magazine, thats not full of muscled skinny women talking about losing weight. Plus its not full of ads for all those pills. Its about health for the body and mind, which is what I need right now.
So we're getting back into exercising. Ive been out walking with the dogs, so I havent been completely sedentary, but not as active as Id like. We are heading back into the gym tonight and I have a renewed commitment to get this weight off.

My mom goes in for her biopsy tomorrow, so hopefully we will find out that everythings okay soon, and I can stop worrying about her.
My business classes are going well, and I have a marketing class tomorrow night. I forgot how much I like to learn. Think anyone would pay me to be a full time student?? If only.....

Thanks ladies for letting me whine on your shoulders last week. I still dont know alot of people here, so you are all my circle of friends right now. I appreciate all of your encouragement. Thank you.

Well, I am off to the chiropractor, then to the gym. Its been so long I hope I dont pass out on the treadmill.

See you soon ladies!

Michelle
Old 09-08-2003, 04:50 PM   #15  

I forgot Jana!?
How could anyone forget Jana??
I think that this might be the first time Ive ever heard you say youre off plan.
Im right there with you about that control feeling. I cant seem to get back to that same frame of mind I had when I started.
Isnt it amazing how much of this is in our minds?
Dont give up yet. Youve done so good so far, and Im sure that this isnt your turn around point. Theres no way you are going to lose 30 lbs, and just quit and go right back to where you were. I cant see that happening with you.
You are way too strong for that.
If you can quit smoking after 25 years..you can do anything.

So..when you figure out how to get back on track....can you tell me..? lol

Ill be over here rootin' for ya!

Michelle
Closed Thread