Weight Loss Support - Time for Serious Fun #24

View Full Version : Time for Serious Fun #24

gma22
09-05-2003, 07:30 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #22

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

gma22
09-05-2003, 07:32 AM
FRIDAY: Fabulous LBS Down Friday! If you want to crow about your weight loss, we are here to cheer you on!

Ok, ladies, new thread! Hope you all are going to have a great Friday! I am going to really work hard to get back on track permanently!

I GOT A: :high: for points. thank heaven for exercise!

Talk later in the AM

Faye;)

Mirabelly
09-05-2003, 08:32 AM
Ok, I'm totally dejected this morning :( :(
I got on the scale for the first time in 2 weeks and I've actually GAINED 2 pounds! How???? I mean I've been with you gals for about 6 weeks now and I've been more serious about losing the weight once and for all than I ever have been. What gives????
I should be down about 10 pounds by now, instead I'm down 3....not fair not fair. I know there's the whole "muscle weighs more than fat" thing and I have been lifting. BUT I weigh soooo much, I've GOT to be burning SOME fat! I've GOT to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm doing great with the exercise, but maybe I need to add another cardio session later in the day. My knees can't take an hour of exercise at a time, unless it's dancing.

I guess I'm going to have to take Ritu's advice and start a food diary. I've been resisting that for so long, but I must be consuming way more than I thought. Like, I just did my entry for breakfast and was pretty surprised to find out that I've already had over 400 calories. I switched from cream to milk in my coffee, but I'm still drinking 110 calories JUST IN MILK~! I've been focusing on preparing low fat/high quality meals.......but it seems I'm going to have to try to lower the calories as well. At least for a while. I think that if I stay under 2000 calories, I should be all set. All the calorie calculators say I can have like 2700 to maintain, but I really think that's too high.

I'm totally dedicated to this journey......thank God for you gals! I was so tired yesterday that I almost skipped my workout and I didn't even start drinking my water until after dinner. But just thinking about my morning post made me get off the couch. I actually got all 4 points in by the skin of my teeth!

Well, gotta get the kids to school then come home and workout. Upper body lifts today. I skipped the lifting yesterday cuz I was soo tired. I think I feel better today.

Later,
Julie

gma22
09-05-2003, 09:11 AM
Julie:YOU GET A: :bravo: for points. You absolutely need to start a food diary. Don't worry right now about how many points each thing is or cal and fat, just keep track of what you eat and how much for a week. DO NOT CHANGE your eating from what it has been to "make your diary better looking" so to speak or you won't be able to figure out the problem. After a week, look it over and you will be able to see if you are taking in too much protein or carbs or whatever. I AM NOT a proponent of low carb diets as such, but some people are carb sensitive I think so you may be one of those. Whatever it is, you will be able to see it if you keep a diary for a week. You should be taking in 30% fat, 60% carbs and 10% protein to lose 2 lbs a week. I trimmed mine to 25% fat, 60% carbs and 15% protein since I am exercising so much. We are here for you so DON'T YOU DARE LET THIS GET YOU DOWN! We will help you get things turned around for you!

Faye

Lee7861
09-05-2003, 09:20 AM
Hello all!

Nothing newto report here. I'm sorry you are feeling so down Julie but really 3 lbs in 2 weeks isn't the end of the world. I know you would like it ot be faster but at least the scale is going the right way!

Ritu--I love all food and would like a recipe but I don't want to be a bother. Thaknks for the effort though. Sounds like you are doing a great job on the diet!

You all are a bunch of inspirational people!

Debbie--Lee

Mirabelly
09-05-2003, 09:59 AM
Thanks Faye, you're the greatest!
I'm actually not too terribly "down" about all this....just frustrated, and determined to figure out what's wrong. I think you're probably right on about my being carb sensitive. Last year about this time, before dh got laid off, I was losing weight like crazy (well, 2 pounds a week, which is crazy for me). I wasn't exercising nearly as much as I am now, but I cut out All sugar and All starch. I didn't eat bread, pasta, or potatoes, but kept eating lots of fruits and veggies and meat. Right now, I've switched the whole family to whole grain breads and pastas....which is healthier for the kids, and I hope they will get used to the taste so they eat healthy as adults. But, I think I just can't eat the stuff....or at least should only eat it in the morning.

I've just got to see some results ASAP or I'm gonna go crazy........so, I am going to keep a food diary, but cut out the starches completely. (I've pretty much kicked the sugar thing, thanks to Splenda) Maybe that will help my energy level, too. I seem to recall having tons of energy last fall when I was doing so well.

Today is a shopping day, so I'm going to make a plan (for a change). The only thing I worry about is my kids....they definitely need the carbs with their activity levels. So, I'm just going to have to be strong and not eat the pasta and rice stuff (but keep buying the whole wheat for their sakes......man, that stuff is expensive!)

Ok, I feel better.........I can't tell you all how much it helps having you here, at my fingertips, any time of day! My kids keep asking "how come you're always on that fat website?" :)

Have a beautiful day everyone! Gonna go workout now.
Julie

pjkdreamer
09-05-2003, 10:19 AM
Good Morning My little Chickadees!!

pts for yesterday: 1 pt for water, 2 pts for program, and 0 for exercise...I know I know bad girl!!:lol: but I was up and out of bed today by 6:00a and walking away the pounds by 6:15! got my 2 miles in....

just finished chatting with a friend named Joy, she will be joining us, posting shortly I think, She is wonderful! I found her several months ago on the Discovery Health Network Channel site, and we have been corresponding, but now I am so thrilled she ahs decided to post here with us...I know you all will make her feel so welcome!! I have been telling her what phenomenal support we get here and unconditional love, I am more grateful than anyone of you will ever know!!:grouphug:

Mirabelly, I know what you mean about posting here, my sister kids me all the time, "there you go again talking to those fat chicks". she Im's me sometimes and says "you got time for your family or are you talking to those fatchicks again?":D :D :D but, seriously though she is very supportive and proud of me for doing this.

well my chickies sees ya later!! :wave:

pjkdreamer
09-05-2003, 11:05 AM
hello again!

Faye, would you please move Joy's post over here..I thought we were still on # 23 when I told her about us...thanks!!! she is the last one on 23....I appreciate it...

:wave:

gma22
09-05-2003, 11:10 AM
THIS IS THE POST FROM OUR NEWEST MEMBER:

Hello,my name is Joy Lee,and I currently live in Sylvester,Georgia. I am 46 years young and I weigh 258 lbs at this time..I have been working out and watching what eat ,keeping it low fat and healthy as possible..I started out at 329 lbs,which was my highest weight ever...I have lost down to where I am now in about 8 months..mainly by the exercise and healthy eating..I do a lot of walking and strength training ,sometimes adding an exercise video..I am very active,as I have 5 children ,ages 27 to 7 years old,and a 2 year old grandchild{ girl}...I have 2 boys and 3 girls,2 of which are still at home...we do a lot of family activities,sports,family hikes and theme parks,so I really stay on the go and stay very busy. I have a goal weight of 180,which I hope to be there by summer of 2004 . I am looking for all the support I can get,and be able to give all that I can...pkdreamer [Pam] has been a tremendous support and she reccomended this board,so here I am..I really look forward to meeting all of you together we will achieve our goals...so here goes.....Joy

gma22
09-05-2003, 11:17 AM
Pam: YOU GET A: :cp: for points! You don't ALWAYS have to be perfect girlfriend! :lol:

I want to get out in the pool but the air temp is only 63 right now. I would freeze my boobs right off, which.....may not be too bad as long as the whole boob doesn't go. Jack is a boob man and it would crush him! :lol: :lol: I have done 30 minutes on the glider so far and only had a large spicy virgin bloody mary for breakfast!

WELCOME TO JOY!

Here are some of our ladies personal info (the ones who are not included are on their own to introduce themselves! :s: ) I am going to cut and paste your stats onto it, so that each time we have someone new, you don't have to type something out, I just paste everyone's together!

Hi, my name is Faye, I am almost 50, have been married 31 years to a wonderful and totally supportive man, have two grown children, Jack, who is 30 and getting married next fall, and Kelly, who is 26, married and has given me an adorable grandson, Thomas who is 3. I have a Yorkie named Fortune and a cat named Butterscotch. I am not working right now, but have been looking. I exercise at least an hour 7 days a week and my stats are at the bottom of my posts. I have a website: www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/ Please visit it and let me know what you think!

SN: Honeyrose29
I am a 32 yr old married mom of 5 kids ranging in age from 13.5 to 3. Four boys and a girl. My all-time heaviest weight was 232 and my goal is 130-135. I only have about 10-15 lbs left until I reach my goal but I am really struggling with them. I live in Ohio with my family and a house full of parrots . I do private rescue for unwanted birds and I enjoy and spend a great deal of time quilting which is an art passed to me from my grandmother and I think of her with every stitch . Thats my story!

Julie

35 year old, stay-at-home mom of 3 (9,8,and 4). I live in Maine with my husband and the kids. My highest weight ever was 265 (I was pregnant at the time). I started at 3FC at 241, am currently around 238, and my goal is to be in the low 160s. I am working toward a smaller goal of being under 200 pounds by the end of the year.

Carri ( Satine ) - Hi! I am a 29 year old female, married to my high school sweetheart for 9 1/2 years, no kids but one adorable little westie dog named Les. Have lived in Indiana all of my life. Started to gain my weight right after I was married, I got comfortable and lazy...anyhow have been doing a great job lately, focused and need to lose about 90 pounds for goal. Great to meet you!!!

Hi my name is Amanda. I am 30 years old and live in Sheffield, which is in the north of England, although I am hoping to move to Ireland soon. I have a long term partner, Nigel and a cat called Marley.I am a qualified social worker,currently unemployed. I am a Christian and a vegetarian. My hobbies are reading, especially thrillers, watching comedy on T.V and making cards. I also enjoy going to the gym, although I feel it is too early to call that a hobby!

I have just over 100lbs to lose, but seeing all the successes on these forums is a great inspiration and I know I will do it - and you can too!

Hope you can join us

I'm 37 and I have to kids 15 and 5. I've been married 19 years. I am about to start a janitorial business. I did that before and let it go, now the kids are bigger I'm going at it again. I weigh 170 and have weighed that since the first one was born. I would like to weigh 135 which is what I weighed before she was born. I live in Northa Carolina. I wonder are we close? I don't care if you post any of this. Thanks for everything--Debra Lee

43 years old-lived in the South all my life...and love it! I live with my partner Jane of 8 years. We have a booth at local antique mall, and we enjoy going on treasure hunts to find more....I enjoy reading, mostly books by Southern authors, but will read most anything except Science Fiction, or Harlequin Romances...I enjoy writing, cross-stitching, and other crafts. I love to cook....and now I love to exercise!!! (well I don't really love it....but I feel so much better, so I do it whether I want to or not, and it makes me feel great!) I am ever so thankful that I am able to do it now. I spend a lot of time with my mother, sister and my 2 beautiful neices, Nikki and Angie (21 and 19), they are the joys in my life. I currently work as a Switchboard Operator at an answering service where I have been for the last 2 1/2 yrs. Next fall I plan on returning to college (have to exercise this old mind too!) to obtain my Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology...I graduated from Athens State University....waaaaaaay back in 1985!! Well, ladies that's me in a nutshell!! I am loving life these days, and so very grateful to have found this forum and all of you wonderful gals!! Couldn't do this without you. Together we are a united force! Pam

single mommy of one lovey soon to be 7 yr old son going on 30. Lost over 40 lbs back in 2001 weight came back in 2002 when i discovered that I had endo. the pain meds and the lupron helped with that matter. restarted my weight loss on 2/6/3 date of hyst. sw 213 cw 177 goal 150. i am realistic in my goal i know with a large bone structure i will look awful if i go lower. i do ww bbut since june when i found out that richard was leaving i have just been aiming ot eat right, i am now able to get it back on tract and the workouts are in the process of getting to where they need to be but it is hard working 2 jobs and being a mommy to get it all in. Sandy/Gigglez

talk later girlies!
Faye

:dizzy:

jloo1957
09-05-2003, 11:36 AM
:D Thank all of you for your welcomes..I really look forward to getting to know all of you:D :D :D :D today so far I have worked out with Denise Austin and as soon as I leave here ,I am going for a walk..so all of you Ladies take care and have a wonderful day..will check in later:smug: :smug: :lol: :) :) :dizzy: .....Joy

ritu
09-05-2003, 03:02 PM
Hi!

I'm afraid I get no points today. It's been raining all day, so I couldn't walk. I was very hungry in the evening so I had 3 sandwiches instead of 1, I did drink my water though. I went to the diet counsellor today and I have lost 400 gms. in 3 days. The problem is I lose in grams and put on in kilos!:(

Julie, the journal is not so complicated. I just keep it in my purse. It takes 2.5 seconds to note down something everytime you eat it. As regards the calories, don't get hassled by writing the exact values, an approximate value will do.Just go to google, search for calorie charts and you'll be able to find loads.Once you've noted down the ones you commonly consume, it becomes easier as you get a fairly good idea for the next time.
E.G. Yesterday I was on proteins, so I noted whatever I'd been eating, then I went on the net in the evening, roughly calculated what I'd consumed throughout the day, they added upto 800 cal. I found out that an egg has 75 cal. ONE Tblsp. of oil has 120 - and so I figured I could have a 3 egg omelette. But now for the next time I won't have to do this elaborate exercise cos I know the value of an omelette. I'm dreading to see what 3 sandwiches work out to- will find out soon. The thing is to start noting down your food. Then do your calorie calculation whenever convenient, after a few days you will have an approximate idea of how much you're eating. Keep the journal with you while cooking.

All you ladies are so active.I feel like such a fuddy duddy with my walking. But actually I hurt my back in the gym during one of my many weight loss attempts, 5 years ago - it's never been the same again.

Welcome Joy, what a lovely name! You've done absolutely the right thing to join this forum. Everybody's terrific.

The weather here is simply gorgeous. I adore the rain, and today was amazing. It was pouring heavily AND the sun was out. Absolutely stupendous.

Both my kids are out tonight so I'm going to settle down with a new book by John Grisham. Has anyone read it?

Might post again later.

Ritu

Sandybrat
09-05-2003, 03:45 PM
hello ladies! I got points for my h2o yesterday and points for exercise. Kinda went off program in that i usually dont eat after i hav had dinner... but hubby got home late so i sat with him at the table and picked a bit... Today is gorgeous here ... sunny , pleasant and teh sky is sooooooo blue. I am going outside to be
with my youngest... he just got a new pair of roller blades... and hes determined to master them today...lol I think I will take him for a wlak...
have a wonderful day ladies! U derserve it!

Sandyb:flow1: :dance:

ritu
09-05-2003, 03:52 PM
Yippee I just calculated my calories and I have consumed only 1300 :dance:

Faye I get 2 for the programme and 1 for water, 0 for exercise.

So now I can relax with my book. I was so scared I was going to regain the 400 gms.I'm thinking of starting yoga after my son returns to college. Fortunately my daughter studies in Delhi so she still lives at home.

Good night folks

Ritu

Amanda Panda
09-05-2003, 05:55 PM
Hello Ladies and a very warm welcome to Joy - I love this thread, I post on a few but this is definately my favourite!

Yesterday I got 2 ponts for food, 1 point for water and 1 for exercise - I went to the gym, hurrah!

Ritu - Please don't think you are an old lady for choosing walking as your exercise! Walking is great and if you've had an injury then you don't want to put too much stress on your back. I go on the treadmill at the gym, but can't run on it, I just walk fast! Keep it up!

I am sitting here now enjoying a glass of white wine ( i rarely drink alcohol), having just had a gorgeous meal cooked by my partner to celebrate our anniversary. The meal was not particularly low fat ( fresh pasta in a napolitina, red wine and parmesan sauce with fresh parmesan cheese and reduced fat garlic bread), but I had planned for this meal so do not feel that I lost control or anything! I'm telling you now because my points will be very low tomorrow - but it was worth it!:hat: :hun:

It's my weigh day tomorrow so I'll let you know ( trust me to have a big meal the night before weigh day!):nono:

Take care

Amanda xx

gma22
09-05-2003, 08:23 PM
Ritu: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points!

Amanda: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points!

SandyB: YOU GET A: :high: for points!

Ritu: WALKING IS AN EXCELLENT FORM OF EXERCISE. DO NOT EVER DISCOUNT IT AS BEING PUNY!

Amanda: I am so glad you like this thread. I try hard to make sure everyone is comfortable and having a good time while working to get those lbs off!

I still walk a great deal either with the glider or in the neighborhood or mall. I started out just a 1/2 mile twice a day and huffed and puffed through every step so I have just lost enough and worked out enough to be able to do more now.

I am pooped. Went to lunch and then shopping with dd and dgs. He is such a super live wire that you are worn out with him. He has a memory like a steel trap and he is only 3. Last time I babysat for him, I took him to the mall to ride the carousel and it has 2 levels. I begged off riding upstairs by telling him I was wearing the wrong shoes to climb stairs and we would do it next time. That was at least 3 months ago. Today when we were in the mall he told his mom he wanted to ride on the carousel with Nonny and ride on the top like she promised! UGH!

Well, I am going to go. Sunny Thoughts Saturday tomorrow!

Faye :)

gma22
09-06-2003, 08:39 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday! Share something touching or funny with us to make us smile!

:sunny: THOUGHT: For every failure, we have a success. For every disappointment we have fullfillment, every tear has a laugh, hopelessness has joy and gaining has losing. For every word that is defeating, we have a word that is a winner. YOU MY LOVELY LADIES ARE ALL WINNERS SO GO OUT AND MAKE YOUR LIFE ONE OF WINNING WORDS AND ACTIONS! YOU CAN ALL DO IT!

Faye;)

jloo1957
09-06-2003, 10:39 AM
Good morning everyone...I am up and readytogetmydaygoing.I am having coffee and watching "I lost It" on the Discovery Channel...I find it so encouraging..it is pouring rain bigtime here,so I am going to do an exercise video today,as the rain is not suppose to let up all day. How is everyone doing this morning?:) Well,I am off to get it going,everyone take care today,and have a "SUPER MOTIVATED DAY":D :D :D :D ....JOY

Amanda Panda
09-06-2003, 01:18 PM
Hello friends!

Yeaaaaah, I lost 3lb this week! I am REALLY pleased and I know that the loss was due to the fact that I went to the gym and worked my butt off - and I am now reaping the rewards of my hard work! This loss was also in the same week that I had my 'blip' and ate 2 pizza's - so I am doubly pleased as I was set for a gain. It goes to show that just because you have a 'blip', all is not lost - just get straight back on programme and work it off!

Points for yesterday - just one for water I'm afraid!

Happy thought for the day:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

We are all doing so well and should be so proud of ourselves. We are not only losing weight but also improving our health, fitness and self esteem. We are investing in ourselves because we deserve it - we can be anything and anyone we want to be. It is never too late to change. We can do this - we ARE doing this, and it feels great!

Keep it up folks!

Amanda xx

ritu
09-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Good Day to all you hard working ladies,

Today I saw a programme on T.V. about this dancer, who after an accident, was told by doctors that she could never walk again. Apparently she replied that she would not only walk, she would dance again. And she did! I am so inspired by all you ladies working so hard that I am determined to heal and strengthen my back with yoga and then..:strong:

Faye, thanks for your support. You really give so much of yourself. Today I ate what I should, drank what I should AND WALKED AS MUCH AS I SHOULD. I shall try and double my walking time tomorrow. Currently I do 1.5 milea a day. Sunday, I hope to do 3.

Amanda, Well Done! Pizzas obviously suit you!

Well, have a good weekend ladies and keep smiling.

Ritu
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sandybrat
09-06-2003, 06:29 PM
Hello Ladies!! I got all my points yesterday!! YEAH!! Today so far i have most of my h2o already drank. Exercise is half way in... rearrangesd the furniture in my living room and vacuumed. I have also decided to use only the upstairs bathroom... any way to get in more steps during the day...lol Hubby is out of town taday and again tomorrow, then Monday as well... weekends like thios are tuff for me. I think i will do my pilates video later and try to get in a bike ride... Hope everyone i s haveinf a FABULOUS day! Take care of U

pjkdreamer
09-06-2003, 07:05 PM
Good Afternoon Chicks...

pts for yesterday: 2 pts for program, 1pt for water and 1 pt for exercise...got back in my routine and did the 2 mile watp tape..:strong:

Sandy B sounds like you have some good ideas there, using the stairs, etc. you are full of energy girlfriend!!;)

Ritu: keep up the walking!!:D :D

Amanda Panda, good going chickie!! WOW 3lbs down this wk:cb: :bravo:

Joy, glad to see you posted today sweetie, It is marvelous to see you here with us finally, you will fit right in here girl..love and hugs to you.

Faye: thanks as always for the inspiration and the kind words, you are so warm and wonderful and sweet to us...we are fortunate to have you.:love:

My Sunny Thought: you girls have given my heart a place to live...you have wrapped your arms around me and held me and you have taken me in. You have brightened my days, and helped me through some evenings that would have otherwise been lonely. You have given me a place to go first thing in the morning and find friendship awaiting. You have shown me unconditional love and support, and shown me I am not alone on this path. You have loved me on days I couldnt love myself. You have accepted me and chosen to acknowledge me as a worthy individual...and I am EVER GRATEFUL!! :grouphug:

peekabooangel
09-06-2003, 10:16 PM
PEEK A BOO lurking

gma22
09-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Looks like maybe our wandering angel Peekaboo Sandy is checking in! We miss you bunches sweety! When you feel like it, come back and post with us!

Amanda: YOU GET A: :flow2: for your point!

Ritu:YOU GET A: :bravo: for points!

SandyB:YOU GET A: :bravo: for points!

Pam: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points!
(hey Pam, remember that cute little hunk Leonard Whiting from Romeo and Juliet? It is playing on Showtime this month and I got to look at his tush a few times! lol Unfortunately, as gorgeous as he was as a teen, time has NOT been kind to him....)

I walked 2.5 miles today in the mall and am pretty sore. I also painted all except one countertop in the kitchen so that is done and faux painted the mirror in the bathroom, which Jack hates. There wasn't much I could do, someone who owned the condo before us painted it with oil enamel and the color I wanted to use to match the countertop is water based and wouldn't stick so I did kind of a ruboff thing.

Hope everyone had a good day today. I unfortunately still did not, but you know me, I am stubborn and will get this thing right and when I do I will really take off. We ate junk food because we couldn't use the kitchen with the counters all being wet so I went over in points. UGH!

Well, ladies, tomorrow is silly poll so be sure and check in to see what's up!

Faye:)

Mirabelly
09-07-2003, 09:57 AM
Good Sunday morning everyone!
Sounds like you all are having a good weekend. I had a tournament yesterday, so didn't have time to post. (for those who are new, I do full-contact medieval style combat) I've got a few new bruises this morning, but I'm not terribly sore. The weights must be helping somehow, even if I'm not losing pounds yet.

I got all 4 points Friday......the journal really did help me control what I ate. And I didn't eat any starch except one piece of whole wheat toast for breakfast. Yesterday was tougher because we were at tourney, which meant even though I packed some food....we still ate what they served. And lucky me, they actually did an awesome job of providing a healthy lunch! Lots of fresh fruit and cut up peppers/carrots/celery. I ate lots of red pepper and watermelon slices, drank all my water.......but on the way home I was too pooped to cook, so we stopped at Wendy's . I ordered a double hamburger with fries....then I heard FAYE in my head saying "WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE????" So I changed it to a grilled chicken and a side salad :lol: :lol: So, I'm giving myself 2 pts for yesterday (water and exercise), but feel really proud that I didn't totally blow it on food....even though I told myself I could because I was counting it as a free day. THANKS TO YOU ALL!!

Today I have to grocery shop and sew. I'll probably walk but save the weights for tomorrow. I always need to recover the day after a tournament.

Congrats to AManda Panda for your 3 pounds gone! Can't remember what everyone else did, so just stay strong today and I'll check in later.

Julie

gma22
09-07-2003, 10:01 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday!

We are using our magical :wizard: again. He is going to make just ONE part of you PERFECT immediately, what would it be?

I GOT A: :high: for points.

My wizard would give me perfect teeth. I can work on the other stuff myself, but my teeth are horrible and I am terrified of dentists!

Hope you all have a great day and will check back later.

Sandybrat
09-07-2003, 10:25 AM
Good Morning lovely ladies!! In answer to the poll question it would be my boobs. They are quite uneven so i want them perky and even...lol! ;) Points for yesterday?? I got them all!! WOOO HOOO!!:cb: And i am happy to report that the scale said 236 today!! I am amazed and so proud of myself.... You all get a great big round of applause for your help!! :grouphug: You have just reconfirmed my decision in coming back here to post , and to get and give advice. I hope all of you have a wonderful day filled with sunshine and laughter. Take care of U

jloo1957
09-07-2003, 10:54 AM
Good morning everyone....in answer to the poll question....I would change my tummy...for it has been the hardest to work on...with 5 babies and 2 operations,the poor tummy has had it rough;) ...so I would love for that great BIG WIZARD to make it as tight and toned as possible:) well ,the weather has cooled down to about 75,and I love it ...me and the kids got out yesterday and played with the frisbee,then we played hide and seek,a game my seven year old loves,then we just walked around...I see that yall are using some type of points ...could someone please tell me about them?..I would love to join in on this point system...How is everyone doing?:smug: ...I am doing fine..plan on taking a long walk today with my son ...it is really nice out again today...I don't know if everyone knows about the special that Dr Phil and Katie Couric that is going to be aired on Friday ,the 12th...it is about obesity and weight control...it is sure to be a great motivational show,so plan on watching it if possible...well,I'm off to start my morning...Pam,you have a great day at work today and otherwise...and for all you great ladies out there..."STAY STRONG,STAY MOTIVATED,AND PUSH HARDER TODAY THAN YOU DID YESTERDAY,BECAUSE WE ARE ALL WORTH IT!!!!:lol: :smug: :cool: :D :) :o :p :^: ....WILL POST LATER......JOY

pjkdreamer
09-07-2003, 10:59 AM
Good morning :angel:

Hope you are all doing well. Got up early...picked up a coworker and took her home, she doesnt have transport right now, and there was a time that was me and someone did the same, wanted to give it back, if you know what I mean. Then we went grocery shopping, and guess what??? I WORE MY SHORTS IN PUBIC.....:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OF COURSE IT WASNT TOOOO PUBLIC AT 7:OOA ON SUNDAY MORNING, BUT I DID IT. My legs are getting a little shape back to them, and I can shave them now, which is good for my fellow man!! :lol: but they are blindingly snow white, havent seen the light of day in many a year....since high school, and then not often. I was going to wait till next summer before I started wearing them , but I figured heah what the heck!! Faye you would have been soooo proud...;)

Sandy b :cb: :cp: on your loss, that is fantabulous!!!

silly poll Sunday, lets see hmmmm? I would be inclined to say my teeth also, my gums and teeth are in horrific shape...I need to get them all extracted and start over. I use to have a beautiful smile and pretty teeth, but I neglected them terribly. All of that compulsive overeating!!! took the enamel off!!! and now I have the worst periodontal disease...I know some of it is hereditary because my mom had the the same gum pain, but I certainly didnt help matters with my lack of responsibility in taking care of them, so, it would be new choppers for me:D

Mirabelly, great job on getting the points!!! you go girl!

Peek, come on out and play!!

pts for yesterday: 2 pts for program, 1pt for water and 1pt for exercise. speaking of which, time to hop to it, later chicks
:)

Mirabelly
09-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Hi again ladies!
Ditto on the teeth, Faye! As my husband said after my last c-section "She can slug it out with a 400 pound guy on the battlefield, come home with bruises the size of dinner plates and be grinning from ear to ear..........but something about a little needle gives her the heeby-jeebees" Sad but true... HATE going to the dentist. Besides, how would it look if I had a perfect butt, and the rest of me still looked the same? Pretty goofy :lol:

WTG on the shorts Pam!!

SandyB-- WOO HOO, :bravo: :cp: :dance: :dance: I'll be at 236 by Friday (I hope!!)

later all,
Julie

gma22
09-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Joy: If you look at the very first post of each thread where I kind of put an intro, there is an explanation of the points and what our current long range challenge is. Let me know if you still need help with it. We do it for the day before so it would be what you "earned" for yesterday.

SandyB:YOU GET A: :bravo: for points!

Pam: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points! WTG on the shorts! You go girl!

You gals are doing great!

I got up and painted the last countertop, started in on laundry and got one session in. I am pretty sore from yesterday (I think maybe it is farther than I thought around that mall!) but I will get my glider in today. I am not going to walk, just try and get an hour in on the glider. So far I am op for the day and am going to work hard to stay that way!

I worked some more on our trip in a couple weeks. I am really getting excited. I wanted to ride the EL and train to the zoo, but it would cost us nearly $50 round trip and to drive only about 10$ including the gas and parking fee so the car it is! I just hope the weather doesn't turn bad since two of our 4 day trips have stuff outside for most of the day. We have alternatives except for the game of course.

Well, I need to hussle it up and get the sheets in and fold laundry and on that glider again!

Faye:) **BTW still need personal stats on the following people if you want me to include yours for any newbies:

Sarah, SandyB, Tonya, Beledigirl, Shauna, Missy and Bella. Peek/Sandy, if you want to be included in this, PM me info you would give to a newbie, I will save it with the others and then when a newbie joins I just print out the list every time instead of you having to type something up.

Amanda Panda
09-07-2003, 02:40 PM
Hi Girls!

Points for yesterday - all 4 - yeaah!

RITU- Pizza's certainly do not agree with me - they are the reason I got to be 245 pounds! I don't want to promote pizza's as a way of losing 3lb! Exercise agrees with me though! Well done on your walking - do you live in a big city or scenic countryside?

PAM- I LOVED your happy thought for the day - it brought a tear to my eye! Bless you sweetie!

SANDYB- Congratulations on your weight loss - you go girl!

SILLY POLL- I find this a difficult one........I think perhaps my legs - even at my slimmest weight, I have never had lean legs and thighs. Or maybe just the layer of fat that covers my whole body!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, be happy!

Amanda xx

Sandybrat
09-07-2003, 06:23 PM
Hi again... Gma are you going to Chicago?? did i remember correctly? If so which zoo are u going to go to... if i can i would suggest the lincoln park zoo... its my favorite. For my daughters first 3 bdays we went there. When r u going? I hope the weather stays nice for u as well. So far so good as far as being op and drinking... havent exercised yet tho. I'll see if hubby wants to go for a walk once he gets home, if not i will go by myself or take a bike ride. Hope you are all having a great day!

Lee7861
09-07-2003, 07:31 PM
Hello All,

I went to work at the beach for the weekend. That means I got my water and I exercised. I inspect houses before they are rented and they are all three stories high. I stayed on program today but I ate fried food yesterday. I've been gone two days and am amazed at what has gone on. Congradulations to those who have lost!

To the lady in Alabama who wore shorts(sorry I lost your name in the list)---Horay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in North Carolina and I can tell you that it torture to go through the summer without shorts. Buy yourself some self tanner if it make you happy and walk proud!

Faye-I hope you are feeling better and I hope you have a lovely trip. I'm still amazed how much you get done on a down day.

As for the poll--I'd have my breasts put back where they were before I had babies. I can take the dentist although I am a wimp but I saw the surgery to lift your breast and I am to much of aa scardy cat for that. They need it though!

bye for now

Debbie--Lee

gma22
09-07-2003, 07:54 PM
CHALLENGE FOR THIS NEXT WEEK: Starting tomorrow and running through Friday the 19th, the challenge is to stay totally on your program for the next TWO weeks (we won't count the weekend but try to stay OP on it too if you can!)! You are all doing so well, I know you can do this!

Julie: I knew I was talking in my sleep just didn't know what I was saying or to whom!:lol: Guess I was chastising you at Wendy's huh?

Amanda: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points!

Debbie/Lee: YOU GET A: :high: for points! Thanks, I am fine except I am pretty sore and have those butt charlie horses again!

SandyB: You know I am from Northwest Indiana don't you? So I have been to Chicago a gazillion times. We have tickets on my birthday (Sunday the 28th) to the Cubs last game of the season. My son and his fiance are coming from South Bend to the game and then going to dinner with us for my birthday. We are surprising them with champagne as they just got engaged. We are going to the Brookfield Zoo. I haven't been since I was a kid and we are going to the Museum of Science and Industry on Friday. Harry Carays restaurant for my birthday and GIRLS YOU DID NOT SEE THIS COVER YOUR EYES, the Cheesecake Factory on Friday night. We are staying out by O'Hare. We leave Thursday afternoon the 25th and come back Monday the 29th. Since my siblings are scattered (Calf, Chicago, Indiana) and my son is in Indiana but my daughter and sil and grandson live here, and our group of friends live in Indiana I decided not to have any kind of party and this was my choice to go to the Cubs game. Looks like those sweeties are trying their darndest to give me the central division pennent for my birthday! :lol: I just cannot wait!

Looks like I stayed OP today, but it was close. I do so much better during the week when dh is not home or I don't have someone wanting me to go out to eat somewhere.

Well, I am going to go. I will talk to you in the morning.

Amanda Panda
09-08-2003, 07:53 AM
Hi All.

Yesterday I got all 4 points! I've been doing 30 minutes on the exercise bike (on days I don't go to the gym), and I've decided to increase it to 35 from now on - wish me luck!

Faye - when you say 'stay on programme' does this just mean food, or exercise and water aswell?

Well done to everyone, keep it up!:cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

:grouphug:

Amanda xxx

gma22
09-08-2003, 09:25 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday. Our mission this week is CONCENTRATION! I want you to work hard on concentrating on ALL aspects of what you need to lose weight. In other words, not only pay attention to what you eat, drink and that you exercise, but pay attention to your body telling you it's hungry or that is emotionally "hungry." Work on your triggers and try to break cycles of improper eating when you recognize it. Each time you break the cycle, it gets easier to deal with.

Amanda: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points. Great job!

I GET A: :bravo: for yesterday!

Whenever I mention OP or program that is strictly the food part. It would be great to have another 2 weeks of 4 pointers though so don't think just because I made the challenge for the food part, that you can let the others slide! NO SIRREEE!

I need to get up and going so I will check in later.

Mirabelly
09-08-2003, 09:53 AM
Good Morning ladies!
2 weeks, huh? I'm up for it.......it's gonna be tough, but they say it only takes 3 weeks to make a habit. So, the longer we go, the more likely we are to stick to it.

I got all 4 pts yesterday, had a great workout even though I didn't lift. Even did some running during my treadmill walk and my knees didn't complain!

I must have been eating alot more than I thought I was before. Now that I am keeping a food journal, I'm noticing that I have more "hunger pangs". Before, I just made sure I ate healthy snacks, but never went "hungry"......now I'm sure my stomach is shrinking a bit to accommodate the lower calories. I'm not starving myself, by any means, but now that I'm paying attention to things like eating while cooking, my tummy is complaining a bit. On the other hand, I can definitely feel a difference in my body now that I've cut out the bread and am lowering my calories! I can feel the fat dropping off me :D

So, I want to weigh myself like everyday........but I'm forcing myself to wait until Friday. I'm hoping for a 2 pound week.

Well, gotta go........I'll check in later

Julie

pjkdreamer
09-08-2003, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Chickies,

pts for yesterday: 2pts for program, 1pt for water, and 0 pts for exercise. (today is a new day, going to do it in just a few!!). girl scouts honor!:)

Faye, I am up for the 2 wk challenge...LET'S GO!!! LET'S MOVE AND LOSE!!

SW 356/JUNE 6TH/AUG 22 326.3
CW ?? HOPEFULLY BELOW 326.O WILL WEIGH IN (OFFICIALLY ON 9/18, BUT YOU KNOW ME, WILL HAVE TO TO BEFORE THAT!!):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LATER MY LITTLE CHICKADEES!!:wave:

Sandybrat
09-08-2003, 10:49 AM
Hello ladies!! No FAye i didnt realize... but thats not anything too new... i can be a bit ditzy... lol and yes i am a blonde...lol ;) That sounds like a wonderful trip, and iu hope the cubbies pull it out for u. I get points for staying on program and h2o... i didnt exercise yesterday. hubby got home too late and didnt get my walk in. My youngest starts pre-school tomorrow so i will be able to get a bike ride in every afternoon... i am soooooo excited... probably more than he is to be starting school... lol Got on the scale today, as Monday is usually my weigh in day and i lost another pound. I have stopped drinking my beer... must be the reason. I tried to have one during that attrocious game the Packers "tried" to play and it tasted like sh*t. Yeah for me... i do like my beer. so thats a good thing. I have also tried to cut back on my diet coke. My husband is a BIG pop drinker... i try to limit my intake tho... if i can do a can a day thats good. Altho i havent even been wanting anything but my h2o these days, which i take to be a good sign. I havent had any bread in a few days either... i can go without i guess... at least i will try it... cant hurt...lol Geez i am just a babling today...:hyper:
I am IN for the 2 week challenge... i am looking forward to it actaully... i am just so "UP" about this... its like i am a new me
Its getting easier to deal with the loss of my brother... I know hes still with me and hes happy. then again theres the part thats sad becuz i wont see him or be able to hug him for a while.
Its been an incredible summer for me as far as becoming who i am... does that make sense?? i dont know how esle to put it into words... i have learned a tremendous amount about myself... and have changed things i didnt think i would be able to. Anyway... before i get to philisophical here i should get going...
You ladies have a FABULICIOUS day... take care of U!!

Sunshine and laughter,
Sandy:flow1: :dance:

Honeyrose29
09-08-2003, 12:16 PM
Hi all,
Just a quick check-in. Everyone here has the flu - including me. I get no points for anything! Well except maybe being OP but thats only because I have no appetite.

:grouphug: to all. I'll post again when I feel better. For now its back to bed.

jloo1957
09-08-2003, 12:56 PM
Hello everyone...yesterday was really good..I stayed on my program and drank ton's of water ...and walked 3 miles...and then I got my strength training in.....:D :D Faye,I want to join in the 2 week challenge too...:) ..I will certainly have a busy week ...my son starts his soccer tommorow..the weather is great here ..low 80's..so I plan on spending a lot of time out today ..walking and gardening...so I am off now to hang clothes on the line...everyone have a great day....:D :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :) :) :angel: :strong: :jig: :cb: :hyper: :goodvibes ...Joy

pjkdreamer
09-08-2003, 03:05 PM
Hello Chickies,

Well, I just had to do it, I just had to go and weigh....and I am glad I did, a real motivator for the rest of the week. I am down another 4.6 lbs....:lol: that is 34.3 lbs since 6/5/03 YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :spin: :cp: :cb:

Guess I am just a "wee" bit excited, uh??

Joy, It is so nice to see you here with us again, you are so positive...I always enjoyed corresponding with you via e-mail and IM but this is wonderful.

Honeyrose....sorry your family hasn't been well, hope you feel better soon...hugs to you honey.

Sandy, glad you decided to hop on the bandwagon with us, this is going to be a phenomenal 2 wks...LET'S DO IT GALS!!

I have to run now, I will check in with you girls later this evening....toodles! :wave:

gma22
09-08-2003, 04:24 PM
WOW girls, I am really impressed by your energy and willingness to go along with my nuttiness sometimes. WE ARE GOING TO WIN THIS CHALLENGE!

I am OP and doing great today. I found I just really need to keep busy. I ate a PB sandwich (only 1 tbl pb btw) and didn't have anything else until 1:30 and had a Healthy Choice frozen dinner. I got ambitious and moved furniture around in the downstairs, got down on my hands and knees with my little Black and Decker scrubber and a bottle of 409 and scrubbed my kitchen and laundry room floor, did laundry and put it away and started yeast rolls for dinner. I also did one session on the glider and I have two more to go.

Julie: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points! I knew keeping a food journal would shock you! I was amazed when I kept one and still do so that I can keep track of cal and fat for the day. I have a page each day with my water, exercise, food totals and usually a little journaling for the day. You are doing a great job and you will find your niche and really start losing, I just know it!

Pam: YOU GET A: :cp: for points! You are doing so spectacular, I can't even tell you! I am so proud of how hard you have worked and your diligence and stick to it ness. You are going to be where you want in no time!

SandyB: YOU GET A: :cp: for points! Beer is pretty bad for you not only because of the calories, but it is tremendously high in Carbs. One thing I found when I started was I quit drinking anything but water and didn't reintroduce other things for about 6 months. I found I needed to "teach" myself to like water and to prefer it over other things. Then I had to give up full calorie soft drinks. I drank about 6-10 A DAY! I have now learned to drink diet when I want one, but I still drink water over anything else. You might want to give it a try.

Joy: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points! My niece is in soccer in Ca and my sister told me they had a game this weekend and the heat is so bad the kids were dropping like flies out on the field. Nothing smells quite like clothes hung outside do they?

Debbie: We hope you get to feeling better soon! You take care of yourself and your family!

Well, this is delaying the inevitable. I am pretty sore from scrubbing, but I have to get my glider work in so will leave you for now!

Amanda Panda
09-08-2003, 04:35 PM
:cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: Well done Pam on your great weight loss - I bet that has given you a real boost! You are well on your way!

Honeyrose - Sorry you are ill, hope you feel better soon!

Right the challenge is on! I think it is a great challenge and I'm looking forward to seeing some great losses over the next two weeks!:strong: :strong: :strong:

Faye - again I would like to say thank you for this thread - it is really keeping me motivated and focused, and I love that it is so upbeat and supportive - and it certainly played a big part in my 3lb loss last week. Yeaaaaah Faye!

C U tomorrow!

Amanda xx

ritu
09-08-2003, 04:47 PM
Hi! I'm back,

I feel as though I've been away forever. My computer had to be de formatted??? I think that's what the guy said.

Anyway, I get 4 points for today i.e. Monday. But yesterday was DISASTER. We were supposed to go for lunch to my mum's house - I had planned to go off the programme for 1 meal in a controlled fashion. But once I started I couldn't stop. I ingested every bloody morsel in sight.... and carried on stuffing my face till midnight, then took a digestive pill and went to bed! The worst thing about this EATATHON was that I didn't even particularly like half the things I ate. Why do I do this? why? why?

Faye I'd like to join the challenge for a week. The reason I can't do the 2 weeks is that we are going to be travelling next weekend. We leave next Saturday night, (so I'm part of it till then) and we come back Tuesday morning. We're going to visit a temple in the hills. We will have to climb uphill for about 20 km.- there is no car road, it's actually pretty fantastic.It's a very famous pilgrimage in India - must sound strange to you, but I have a lot of faith. Enough so as to be able to undertake the trek with my back.

Amanda talking of pizzas reminds me there is this doctor in Delhi who puts poeple on high carb diets - 1 week you eat pizzas, the next burgers and so on. I know a lot of poeple who have lost weight on his diet. Being a total carb freak, I was tempted to join him but then better sense prevailed.

Julia I'm so glad you've started the journal. It does help. Yesterday, of course, I made no entries in mine.

So ladies, we march onwards towards our goal, best of luck to all for the next 2 weeks.

Good night

Ritu

Lee7861
09-08-2003, 06:54 PM
Hello All,

Ritu--Anyone who plans to walk 20km should have a few extra clories I think. At least they'll cancel each other out. Good luck and have a good time

Debbie sorry to heare about the flu. I don't know of anything more yucky. Feel better soon.

Everyone else Congradulations!!

I would love tove be wit you on your challenge. I make it today by the tinest bit. I drank my water, I exercised and I ate o.k. have been in a bad mood all day.

good luck to everyone and have a nice evening

Debbie-Lee

gma22
09-08-2003, 08:47 PM
Ritu: I wondered where you were. We missed you. I think he probably RE-formatted your hard drive which means basically reloading everything over. YIKES! Glad everything is ok. Can you stay on program for 10 out of the next 14 days including today , which you said you were op. I don't count the weekends because some of the ladies ask that I don't. IF you can't try the challenge anyway and do the best you can. I know you can do this. I know you had a little stumble, but it is over with and you can just go on from here! We all have bad days, but NO one should feel bad when it happens, it just happens. Now, since your time is so very different, I get confused and you usually don't get your points credited properly, so every day when you post, give me your points for the day not one behind as with everyone else. Like you said you had 4 for Monday so YOU GET A: :bravo: for points. You will be the only one I do for a current day since you are at night when we are in the day sort of. I want you to do this, so I want you to try your best with the challenge!

DebbieL: Ok, no grumpies here! I can understand a bad mood, but you can come here and be sure and get cheered up! You are doing a great job with your program. Of course you are going to join us on the challenge! You are going to do great with it too and just watch those lbs fall off!

My sweet adorable Jack said to me just out of the blue tonight, "Do you know how proud I am of you?" The man is and will always be a sailor though as his way of gauging my weight loss is how far up between my legs he can see now! :o :s: Thank God for him as he keeps me up even when I want to be down. It's nice to have a man still think you are sexy at over 300 lbs though! I got in my 3 glider sessions and did about 15 minutes resistance training on my arms since they don't get the exercise they did when I was in the pool every day. I am going to try and do some upper body stuff with a RS tape when my dh finds the darn cable to the VCR! I wanted to walk tomorrow but need to clean the upstairs so will leave that for Wed.

TO ALL YOU WONDERFUL LADIES WHO HONOR ME WITH BEING MY FRIEND AND HELPING ME STAY THE COURSE, I TOAST YOU! YOU ARE ALL WONDERFUL! :cheers:

Mirabelly
09-09-2003, 08:48 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Wow, everyone is so up these days! I LOVE IT!! I got all 4 points yesterday, even went a little low on my calories. I made a spinach/artichoke/hamburger lasagne for the family. I wasn't going to eat any, but it smelled soooo good. So, I just ate it without the noodles. And guess what? I didn't even miss the noodles, not at all. That just made my night!

I had dance class last night, so exercise was guaranteed......and I had loads of water.

Pam......WOO HOO on your fantastic loss!!

Ritu...stick with us on the challenge, and I'll bet you'll find some creative ways to get all your points. Even if you don't, you have 4 free days in 2 weeks. Or, just do what you can.....every little bit helps. I hope you have a wonderful pilgrimage! It sounds like a great experience.

Faye.....Jack sounds like a real doll! My James is incredibly supportive and loving too. The hunger pangs are subsiding, so hopefully the pounds will too. Todays an upper body weights day, so I'll be sore tomorrow. Sounds like you're gonna wear that glider out pretty soon :lol:

Everyone have a spectacular day! In the immortal words of Red Green "Remember, we're all in this together.....keep your stick on the ice!"

Julie

gma22
09-09-2003, 08:56 AM
TUESDAY: Today is target Tuesday. Look at your body. See what you would like to "fix" and this week start working to repair the damage fat has done to it be it your legs, hips, arms, whatever. Take care of your skin NOW or believe me it won't take care of you.

Julie: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points! You are doing great keep it up. My glider is already squeaking telling me to get my fat self off it, but I just ignore it and keep walking that walk! :lol:

I wanted to sleep until 8 but as usual the animals drive me nuts so I am up and at em and am going to start the upstairs I guess. It doesn't take long to get it done except it is change out the litter day...UGH!

Talk to you ladies later this morning

Faye;)

jloo1957
09-09-2003, 09:41 AM
Good morning Ladies....How is everyone this mornig?...I had a really great day yesterday..I stayed on my program,walked 3 miles and drank water,water,water:D :D :D :D :D :D ...Faye,clothes do smell so wonderful from the outside line...I love it...Pam...YOU GO GIRL,I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!:strong: :cb: :dance: :goodvibes we are all gonna do this ,as we are all worth it!...I really love this site...as it has a lot going on,thank you again Pam,for inviting me here..I am taping Denise Austin's morning workouts now...she is on for an hour every morning,with 2 different sessions,and what I love most about hers is that they are simple,but very effective..it is different everyday,so I tape them and use them at different times..I am also making my best friend a set also...we are going to meet at the gym this Saturday for an early morning workout,and then take the kids to the indoor pool,as we are going to also include a water workout...we take our lunch also,as they have a dining area..so we make a day out...lot's of fun...well ,I'm off to get it going..."EVERYONE STAY STRONG AND MOTIVATED,AND DO SOMETHING REALLY NICE FOR YOURSELF TODAY,BECAUSE WE ARE ALL WORTH IT!!!...BIG HUGS TO ALL...:D :D JOY

gma22
09-09-2003, 09:58 AM
Joy: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points! You are doing a great job!

I forgot to tell you guys I entered this poetry contest. It could be any style or about anything, but could not be longer than 20 lines. I figured to make it personal so I am posting it, but I wanted it kind of humorous and this is not how I see things anymore! I promise to take all critiques to heart if it is awful and set aside my efforts at poetry forever!
(I secretly hope you get a little giggle anyway!)

Blissful Ignorance

This fat on me is like an armor coat,
It smothers me exactly like a hug,
Surrounding me just like a castle moat,
And choking me just like a grave fresh dug.

Oh not to have these rolls and rolls of mass,
And freedom from constraints it holds on me,
If ever to be thin of breast and ***,
Would certainly provide for me much glee.

But only now the truth to me has come,
To rid myself of such a glob as this,
Means exercise and food reduced by some,
To **** with that I'll just die in fat bliss!

pjkdreamer
09-09-2003, 10:18 AM
Morning Chickiepoos!

Hope everyone is well.

Pts for yesterday: 1pt for water, 1 pt for exercise and 2 program pts.

Faye, loved the poem, and it was the truth:D

Joy, You are sooooo welcome, I love having you here with us, aren't these girls fantastic? Take care of yourself today, you are doing grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!:D :D :D

Mirabelly, your dinner sounded yummy!!;)

Well got errands to run with my mom, see you girls later.

Sandybrat
09-09-2003, 12:49 PM
Good Morning Lovelies!! I Loved the poem Faye... good work!! :yes: I stayed on program and drank my h2o yesterday but no exercise again... but.. that changes as of today! Sawyer,
my youngest starts school today!! Yippie!!!!!!!! So i am planning a long bike ride... i think its 3 or 3 1/2 miles but its a nice ride. And i wont have to worry about whos not keeping up... hahaha!! Faye, your hubby sounds so wonderful... what a good soul...
I asked my hubby today if he noticed and difference in me lately(of course i "had" to ask) lol but he said yes... I told hiom that between you wonderful lasies here on 3fc and the flylady i am becoming a better me. I am not so nitpicky, and i have come to realize that things done are a blessing. Whether they are the way i would do them or not... they are done and its a blessing to our home. Well, i need to hop in the shower so i can see my baby off on the school bus.... he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!! and i am so happy for him. May your day be filled with sunshine and laughter. Your hearts with joy and your soul with gladness... take care of U! U are a great bunch of ladies that i am honored to consider as friends...

gma22
09-09-2003, 12:53 PM
Sandy B: YOU GET A: :cp: for points! Now that the little one is in school, you can go all out for your exercise too! Good job!

Faye:dizzy:

Amanda Panda
09-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Hi shrinking ladies!

Yesterday, I got 2 points for food, 1 point for water but nil points for exercise.

The dreaded PMS monster has taken hold of me I'm afraid - I am so full of water and I feel huge! I went out yesterday and all my clothes felt tight and uncomfortable (where recently they had been getting looser) - I just felt awful. I started to feel overwhelmed by the amount of weight that I want to lose and felt quite low. But I told myself that these feelings are just down to PMS,I am doing something to lose weight and that I have successfully lost 8lb. I also need to just focus on our target to lose 30lb by Dec 31st, rather than worry about the rest of the weight. I haven't turned to food as a comfort anyway - PMS used to be a really bad time for me food wise, but I don't want to undo what I have achieved so far.

Anyway, sorry about the rant - I suppose it is positive in a way:- 'I feel miserable and a bit overwhelmed, but I have not gone off programme!'

I'm going to get on my exercise bike now!

Amanda xx

mugirl213
09-09-2003, 02:34 PM
I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACK! LOL And boy did I miss you guys. This is the first time I've looked in in a little over a week and boy did I miss alot. Quickly, before I forget, ritu and mirabelly, perhaps you guys should try www.fitday.com for your calorie tracking. I log everything there, including exercise and diet for the day. You can make neat little charts and such too. It's pretty handy.

OK, but a week at the beach with mom and dad went pretty well. The weather left alot to be desired at times as it rained most every day. But usually only at night, unfortunately, it doesn't make for pleasantness when one is camping. I didn't eat god awfully...or snack too much. But I am discouraged as I was 146 before I left and now I'm back to *shudder* 150. Sigh. It's not a happy day.

But I got back on target. On Sunday I spent an hour and a half at the gym with 30 minutes of heart-pumpin' cardio and an hour of weight lifting. Same for Monday (I had off work). I didn't log onto the site until today, so I was unawares of the 2-week challenge. BUT, I think I did OK for yesterday, I just didn't track everything like I should have. Actually scratch that, I just did, and I am OK for yesterday. I was super! 4 points for yesterday!

Those damn chicken salad croissants are back today. I know tonight we are going out to dinner for my mom's birthday, so I am trying to keep calories low. I had egg whites for breakfast 50 cal and then with my half a croissant and cup of chicken salad (plus lettuce and tom)...I'm at a little over 600 now. So hopefully 700 will keep me on track tonight. If we go to the olive garden, not sure what I'll do, as my favorite dish is the Portabello Mushroom ravioli. Now there are only 6 ravoiolis, but that has to be high in calories.

I've read alot about the binging talk from old threads and I've realized that I need to get myself under controlw ith that. But on the same thought, I've noticed I'm becoming a little obsessed with what I eat and etc. That is not good either. It's so hard to strike a balance. I forget who made the statement before about knowing the practice but being unable to apply it.

I also think I nened to start tracking my emotions when I eat. It's weird, as I'll just sit here some days and think about nothing but food. Even as I write this, I'm totally full, but still thinking about food. So frustrating.

Anyway, I'm so glad our thread keeps getting bigger. Welcome to all of our new folks. I'm forwarding my personal info to Faye right after I post, so those who missed it will be up to date. ;)

Hope everyone is doing great today...I'm psyched for the 2 week challenge as I did so well the last time.

I feel your pain Debbie, I don't see much loss either and everyone keeps telling me muscle weighs more than fat. Yeah that's great, LOL, but I'd like to see a loss.

One plus is that a pair of capris I bought at the beginning of summer are loose on me today! Size 13! I was getting to the point where 11/12 were getting tight, now I can fit into those fine and I just bought a pair of 9/10 on vacation.Oooh can't wait for my faux suede pants! HURRAY! I'd like to be at my goal by the time I leave for Ireland on 11/10. So that's 18 pounds to lose (that may be adjusted). That's 2lbs. a week.

The reason I may adjust my goal wieght is b/c I'm a little concerned about my chest! I used to be a full C cup, small D...now I'm filling in B cups! SIGH! That is not what i wanted at all. I think I may be one of those women who needs "a little meat on her bones". So I'm gonna try to just see how it goes and maybe stop at 135 instead of 130. I also have to work against that pain in the butt...birth control! GRRR

OK, I"m off now, for real. Talk to you girls later! :D

gma22
09-09-2003, 02:57 PM
MISSY YOU'RE BACK! WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH. LIFE AND DRAMA HAS NOT BEEN THE SAME SINCE YOU WENT ON VACATION!!!!!!!! :lol:

Missy: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points! You will get those pounds back off in NO TIME at all! As for the boobs, ask your trainer person some exercises to build them up! Sorry, I would definitely give you some of mine if it were possible. I was a 48 DD and am now a 46D hoping to get into that C range possibly! I would love to give you a great big hug, getting into smaller clothes! That is WONDERFUL!

Amanda: YOU GET A::cp: for points!

Well, just wanted to check and see if I needed to issue smileys.

Faye :)

TonyaS
09-09-2003, 03:13 PM
*waves to everyone!*

wanted to pop in real quick from work and say hi to everyone! Haven't done it in a while :)

keep up the good work ladies! you are all doing so well :)

how is everyone ?

Sandybrat
09-09-2003, 05:18 PM
Well... i just did my bike ride... i thought i was gonna die... lol slowly but surely i will get better and for now.. i started! h2o will be NO problem today...lol I think iwill try that fitday and see how i am doing calorie wise... i hope eveyone is Fabulicious and will check back this evening....

mugirl213
09-09-2003, 05:56 PM
Awww Faye thanks for the love! I missed you guys too! Without you guys to keep me on track, It sure was hard last week.

But what's up with this? I come back and everyone stops talking? LOL

gma22
09-09-2003, 08:40 PM
DO NOT POST HERE! WE RAN DOWN THE STREET TO NUMBER 25 SO COME JOIN US!