Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-28-2017, 02:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Going to start jogging today!

I need some encouragement... I have FINALLY decided to start jogging.. If there is 1 last person in the Universe who will jog, that will be me! So ultimately the desire to get rid of belly fat and lose that last 20 lbs has taken over and I have chosen to start out jogging today!

I want to know what it feels like from someone who felt the same as me about jogging, and perhaps some tips and ideas...

Thanks.
BigNomore71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

I hated cardio and running until I started viewing it as something that is toning my heart and making me healthier. The runners high is nice too
Just start and see how far you can go, and build from there. The walk-run-walk method is excellent too. If you look up a couch to 5k program it can guide you to help build endurance.

I used to be over 300 pounds and the thought of walking half a mile down the road to the park made me want to take a nap. Now I run 4 to 5 miles a day pushing my kids in their stroller (or use my elliptical if the weather doesn't allow outside)

Last edited by JulesMarion; 09-28-2017 at 08:05 PM.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/170/130

Height: 4'11"

When I was running regularly, I preferred to be in areas with nice scenery. In other words, I liked running at parks and beaches better than being on a treadmill or track inside a gym. It makes the jogging more enjoyable, especially since I have a desk job, sitting in an office all day for a living.
SlytherinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:33 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesMarion View Post
I hated cardio and running until I started viewing it as something that is toning my heart and making me healthier. The runners high is nice too
Just start and see how far you can go, and build from there. The walk-run-walk method is excellent too. If you look up a couch to 5k program it can guide you to help build endurance.

I used to be over 300 pounds and the thought of walking half a mile down the road to the park made me want to take a nap. Now I run 4 to 5 miles a day pushing my kids in their stroller (or use my elliptical if the weather doesn't allow outside)
Wow! That's amazing! I did try jogging yesterday and I jogged a small distance and then stopped for a brief 1 min and then continued like this for a total of (mere) 7 or 8 min. in all. I felt like dying as I jogged more and so giving due consideration it was my first time, decided to take it easy! Your persistence and your dedication to your cause amazes me! Sure those are words of wisdom and encouragement for me! Many thanks.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:35 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlytherinGal View Post
When I was running regularly, I preferred to be in areas with nice scenery. In other words, I liked running at parks and beaches better than being on a treadmill or track inside a gym. It makes the jogging more enjoyable, especially since I have a desk job, sitting in an office all day for a living.
Yes, correct, I felt exactly the same way, I spotted a small, cute field very near my home and have chosen to run around the field until I get used to jogging and then jog perhaps on the road than on treadmill.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:38 AM   #6  

Jogging is awesome. Try to jog in the park or near the ocean. It's more motivating. Plus put some music on and listen to music while you work out. It makes exercise fun and less of a chore.
Jaguar89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 176/168/144

Height: 5ft 7ins

I agree the run walk idea to start with is great....but also listen to music....it certainly motivates you...something with a good beat....I’ve just signed up for a 10k run in January....I must be mad lol....but I need a goal to aim at.....get some good quality running shoes too.....good luck!
Caroline44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:59 PM   #8  
Warrior Princess

Jogging made me get weight off pretty rapidly however once you get down to those last few pounds you'll have to incorporate some weight training. Eventually you're body gets too used to it so switch things up. Good music helps. It's my favorite exercise. No cheap running shoes!! I learned that the hard way.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:51 PM   #9  

I hate Cardio as well. It always feel like i will have a heart attack haha.
I rather eat a nice salad then running.

I think its more about motivation in order to start jogging. I think having a partner or friend join you helps tons.
thyroidpharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:07 AM   #10  

Just be careful. The last time I attempted to jog - i gained shin splints. I wasn't able to walk properly for a month. Now, im into yoga.
raftcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:36 AM   #11  

Best of luck.
lisawarren is offline   Reply With Quote