Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-18-2017, 05:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 172.6/172.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Default New Here - Currently on Break Up Diet

Hi everyone,
I'm new here but not new to weight struggles.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out the best way to tell my story. I suspect like everyone on this board, my story is complicated and full of many ups and downs.

I'm 55 and have been divorced for about 11 years. Sadly, I'm in the midst of the implosion of a ten year romance with a man who I still love but things have taken a terrible turn.

So...I've needed to lose weight for a long time. My XH was very controlling and when I was married, my weight was always in check (I caught **** if I let myself go - but that's another board). The man I have been with all these years was so much more understanding about my appearance and I guess I let myself go.

Things with my boyfriend blew up two weeks ago and even though I was always an emotional eater, this time it's hard to eat at all. I've decided to use this as the jump off point to making a healthier life.

Though I have three children (21, 19, and 17), they don't keep me as busy as they used to. I take care of my house by myself, yard work, cleaning etc. but there are a lot of hours in the day. So five days ago, I went back to the gym to fill some of my down time.

I also decided to tackle a few project around the house that I never would have touched in the past (the BF would have taken care of these things for me). I patched a wall in my bedroom which had been damaged after problems with the window. I also put up moulding around a door and when I finished the job - I did a happy dance (it's not perfect but it's respectable for a first attempt). I guess what I am saying is that I'm determined to thrive (cue Gloria Gaynor's "I will Survive").

My weight is 172.6lbs and I hope to reach 135. I want to do this in a healthy way and I so need the emotional support of a community. Along the way, I want to cheer on those who are on a similar journey.

Hugs to all - We are stronger together!
Salix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:53 AM   #2  
Call me Mel

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 4'11"

Welcome, Salix. It's great to have you on board
Tortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #3  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Salix, I love how you're using a negative experience and turning it into positive momentum! Way to go! And congrats on doing a wall patch and such by yourself! Love it!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:02 PM   #4  

Your determination is obvious, because those are great accomplishments. This is the time to do "you" and you will. This is when you have the chance to love yourself. Great things can come out of this
smilepretti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:44 PM   #5  
banned

Welcome
maryeryst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 01:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 143/129/90

Good on you! I'm a strong believer that progress cures pain. Keep moving forward
Kiki84 is offline   Reply With Quote