Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #1  

Default Low calorie concord grape drink?

I *love* the taste of concord grape drink. But it has as many calories as a Coke, so no way I can drink it. Even the 'low calorie' ones are 70 calories in an 8 oz. glass. Then I found a new drink by Welch's called Welch's Essence Sparkling Grape. 10 calories in a 17 ounce bottle and tastes very 'grapey'. So cool! I had it as a special treat 3 or 4 times a week.

But now they are apparently taking it off the market. it's not available anywhere in the Western US and it looks like it's going away completely. I think you can still get it at Kroger's markets in the East, but it's not worth a 1,500 mile drive to get some .

So my question is, does anyone have an alternative? All the diet grape drinks I've tried taste really terrible. Any ideas appreciated. Not sure if this forum allows offering a reward to people who have a great suggestion, but if I can I'm happy to do so.

Thanks!

Donald

Last edited by Donald_S; 09-13-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Donald_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:00 AM   #2  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Sorry, Donald, I don't have any suggestions. I suppose my post functions more as a way to bump your thread than anything else. I just wanted to say that I'm interested in possible answers to your question too. I missed out on Welch's Essence Sparkling Grape, sad to say. I think it would've been just my thing, but at least now I won't experience the pain of goodbye.

Growing up, Welch's grape juice was my favorite. I don't drink much juice nowadays, just a few times a year. It tastes too sweet to me now, and I'm sensitive to sugar rushes that aren't balanced by fiber. When I have Welch's now, I dilute it with water to cut the sweetness and lower the calories. That option probably wouldn't be worth it for you though if you enjoy the taste as is.

Not juice, but frozen grapes are a snack you might like.

Good luck in the grape juice quest!
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote