Weight Loss Support - JEWELS WITHIN #4, Come on In!!

View Full Version : JEWELS WITHIN #4, Come on In!!

LKBAngel
09-03-2003, 09:37 AM
:flow1: THE JEWELS WITHIN:flow1:

"There are jewels inside of you that if strung together would dazzle the world." Linda Knight

-------------------This thread was originally started by PheonixRising

Hello-
Welcome to the Jewels Within. We are just a group of ladies fighting a battle to uncover the jewel within ourselves. We share our thoughts, goals, success, failures and anything else on our minds. We welcome anyone who would like to join us. .

Here is how it works: On Sundays post your goal for the week. Any goal that is positive is a good goal to post. It doesn't even have to be directly weightloss related. (ie drinking your water, exercising, staying OP, doing daily devotions, finding daily time for yourself, etc.) Let us know how your doing through the week!!
We are here to encourage and help each other along.

We used to send e-cards when someone reached their goal, but for most giving up your email address is not comfortable and we will not be doing that anymore. We have a new system read the next post for more info on that.

We could really use some newbies around here, so please, come on in, tell us about yourselves and get ready to meet some fun people.

WELCOME!

LKBAngel
09-03-2003, 10:42 AM
Hi everyone,

We may want to vote on wether or not to do this but I think since we are the Jewels Within it seems only fitting that we use a jewel system of reward.

How it would work:

For every 5 pounds we loose we earn a gem:

1. Ruby
2. Pearl
3. Sapphire
4. Emerald
5. Amethyst
6. Amber
7. Garnet
8. Opal
etc...

Everyone starts out with a chain or ring to place our "gems" on. If you lose 5 pounds pick out what gem you want to start with lose 5 more pounds and pick another gem, etc..

It doesn't have to be limited to the ones above but lets reserve the diamond for when we reach our ultimate weight loss goal!

Lets see how many stones we can earn.

Because like our motto says, once we have all these jewels strung together and earn our diamond "We will dazzle the world"

For instance, I just lost 10 pounds I would earn two gems. But I won't , this will only start if everyone agrees!!

I would chose:
Sapphire and Emerald

Then when I posted I could let everyone know what I earned like this: (or whatever way you feel suits you best)

Angel

sw: 230
cw: 220
gw: 175 (for now)
gems: sapphire,emerald

I hope I explained that well, let me know what you think.

Angel

losinginillinois
09-03-2003, 10:55 AM
Hello All!
Wow we are starting a new thread! I remeber a couple of months ago when we were just struggling to stay on the first page! I am glad for all you newbies!

Well the scale was not as bad as I thought when I went back. I am hanging in here. I am TOM this week though so not expecting to much. We have two weeks until are fall rally for my TOPS group and I hope to at least meet my goal by then. I will then be called a KOPS. (keep off the pounds sensibly).

Well as for goals this week.
1. exercise at least 5 days.

I am so busy right now I don't want to commit to anything i know I will not do.

Angel the jewels idea sounds nice to me. I am not sure I quite got all the logistics but I will catch on. I don't think I have that much more to lose though. But I will enjoy seeing you all dazzle!

Beth

justme2338
09-03-2003, 03:22 PM
Update on goals. I have been stressing out about the scale. I managed to sched my appointment and get that straightened out so it's one less thing to worry about. My eating has be "ok" and I worked out last night. Phew!

I like the jewel idea! That's very, very cute. I wish they were real but hey, weight loss is better than real jewels anyway. I've lost 20 so I get 4! Let's see...

Peredot
Opal
Amber
Pearl

YAY!

xDas7x
09-03-2003, 08:46 PM
Doh..... i posted on the old thread.... im sorry.....

anyway here is my post..... :)

I'd like to join! I'm new here and am def. interested in motivation and losing weight. I hope I can remember to post on Sundays... my weeks are kind of hectic and by the time Sunday rolls around.. my brain is shot. lol.

Anyway heres a bit about me, I'm 20 years old, 5'9" and 209lbs. Im not happy about any of this. Im not any prescribed diet (ie-Atkins etc) but I have cut down my food intake. I've dieted on and off but late July i started again and I am still sticking to it. Infact my bf and I are both on diets and it helps that he's dieting too. (even though he isnt fat at all... :P) I've been eating less fatty foods and low calorie foods. I eat 1-2 times a day and dont over do it. I've sworn off soda, candybars etc. even french fries (ill have a FEW if my bf is having them..) and ESPECIALLY fast food.. a big no no. Now I have slipped up 1-2 times because I was out somewhere at a family BBQ.. but ive been going right back on the diet.

My goal is to be 135-140 give or take a few lbs. I just want to be happy and healthy and not so afraid of my body. Im so tired of not fitting into clothes or feeling good about myself. I know I have along way to go.. 70lbs at least.. but I think I can do it.. I want to do it more then anything.

Ive also been working out almost daily, usually for an hour. I'll either ride the workout bike or the walker (that exercises both arms and legs) and either life some light weights or ill do 30mins of Tae Bo with my video

But thats all about me really.... and I just want to say that I love this site!

LKBAngel
09-03-2003, 09:42 PM
Hi everyone,

xDas7x~~Welcome!! Its always great to have new people join us. Sounds like your trying hard, but you don't want to deprive yourself. Now-a-days its recommended that you eat 5-6 mini meals a day. Just eating one or two meals a day if there small may make your body think your starving and it will hold on to the fat instead of getting rid of it. Low fat and watching your calories is great, but don't deprive yourself of eating, there are some great recipes on this site they might help if your stuck for menu ideas. Sounds like your really ready to stick with it, thats GREAT!!:) Welcome Aboard!!!

~~I got my excercise in today. Rode my bike and walked (combined) 2 miles. Had to walk some its been so long since I rode it was taking its toll on me :D .

~~Drank my water, 100oz

justme, Good for you for getting your workout in!!

I guess thats about it for now,

Angel

cw: 220

gems: emerald, sapphire

justme2338
09-04-2003, 10:01 AM
Good morning chickies. Welcome xDas! It's nice to have another gal join the group. We are getting to be pretty popular.

I must post that I did my workout last night despite the fact that I totally did not want to do it. Once I got started I was very happy that I did. That makes another hurdle overcome.

Weigh-in is tomorrow. I hope I've lost more this week. I just hope.

LKBAngel
09-04-2003, 11:20 AM
Hello Everyone!! Where is everbody?

justme~~Congrats :bravo: :cb: on working out even though you may not have wanted too!! Thats when its most important to get up and get it done!!

Wanted to tell everyone that my honey paid me a great compliment yesterday.

I could tell when I hugged you that you are starting to lose weight

That means its working!! and having someone actually say something is way better than what a scale says. Is it just me or don't people who see you everyday tend to be the last ones to notice the loss, I mean its usually someone outside (friend, other relatives that don't see you all the time) that are the first ones to say something. So to have my honey comment was pure GOLD!!:cloud9:

Planning on walking this afternoon, so I let everyone know how it goes.

Angel

gems: http://members.aol.com/aajdesign/emerald.jpg http://members.aol.com/aajdesign/sapphire.jpg

xDas7x
09-04-2003, 03:38 PM
Hi all, thank you for the warm welcome! :)

Well so far I've had a few meals today, breakfast i had maybe half a bowl of wheaties in skim milk.. i didnt like them too much.. they sorta tasted like soggy cardboard.. i know high on the carb scale.. but.. oh well. that was around 10am. Around 315 i came home and made myself a PBnJ sandwitch.. and im still sort of hungry.. i guess ill have to look at the recipies and see what more I can do...

I also sometimes have a weight watchers tv dinner.. which are really good. Now, if Im not mistaken (I prolly should read up on this) but isnt it that if you stay within 20 or so calories a day (i think it depends on your body type and person etc) that it will help you lose? I know some are around 5-6pts a peice and im thinking if I have a few of those a day that it might help too.

Anyway my goal is for 21 days (were still on that right?? :)) to do at least 15 situps along with a few pushups a day (Im so weak.. i can do maybe 3-5...)

so here we go!!

BlondeJ
09-04-2003, 08:14 PM
Hi everyone!

xDas7x welcome! You'll enjoy everyone here. They are a great bunch of ladies!! It sounds like you are doing a great job getting your exercising in and are really watching your eating. Make sure you get enough calories to keep yourself going though!

Angel, the gem idea sounds good to me. You are doing a great job getting that water in - 100 oz.! Wow! I did get in my 64 oz. today but it was a real chore and I feel like I'm floating!!!

Beth, great job on almost achieving your goal. Do you just have a couple of pounds left?

Natalie, good job getting your workout in even when you didn't feel like it.

I have been getting my walking in and most days my toning exercises.

I guess the goals I will have to set for myself for this week (and next week) are:
1. Drink at least 64 oz. water everyday
2. Cut down on the snacking when I get home from work.

Everyone else I hope you are all doing okay.
Julie

LKBAngel
09-04-2003, 09:38 PM
Howdy All,

Julie, glad to here from you. Sounds like your keeping on track. WAY TO GO!!:high:

xDas7x, there are a couple of good web sites to help you keep up with your fitness and eating goals. Here are a couple.

Fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com)

calorieking.com (http://www.calorieking.com)

freeweightloss.com (http://www.freeweightloss.com/)

about.com information on diets and fitness (http://weightloss.about.com/mbody.htm)

freetrainers.com (http://www.freetrainers.com/)

myfitnesspage.com (http://myfitnesspage.com/) This one cost $25.00 a year, but has a free trial period.

You can find lots of information on any of them about weight loss. Happy Surfing:mag:

I didn't get my walk in today cause my honey wanted to go play with his friends, lol. But I can't complain hes been so helpful with the kids. I'm going to the weights again, so I'll still be exercising.
Still drinking my water so alls okay there. Just not much going on here to talk about so I guess thats it.

Until Tomorrow,
Angel

gems: http://members.aol.com/aajdesign/emerald.jpg http://members.aol.com/aajdesign/sapphire.jpg

PheonixRising
09-05-2003, 06:24 PM
Well, it is so fantastic to see the thread doing so well. (Thanks Angel for starting the new tread. I :love: ya!) I also love the jewels idea, but Angel you are going to have to show the rest of us how to get the little jewels into our signature.

As for me, I'm still off program. Haven't even weighed in weeks. Plan to start fresh tomorrow. We still aren't completely moved, and I just finally got the phone line working. (It is rigged by the phone man until Monday.) Anyway, I should be back full force the beginning of next week. I'll see all of you then, and maybe some before then. Have a great weekend all.

LKBAngel
09-07-2003, 01:30 AM
Hey Howdy Hey All,

WHERE DID EVERYONE GO!!

Well, I've done okay for the week. I didn't do any exercise on Thursday and Friday :( , but I did get out for my walk today. I've been doing well on my water, so thats good. I did break down today and have a Diet Sprite, but only one, considering I use to drink a 12 pack a day I think I'm allowed that one, right? :)

Also, well, I had a couple of pieces of fried chicken. Just couldn't help myself. So I'm chalking it up to my one fat ladden allowance per week, which I just started :D, that way I don't have to feel guilty because it was part of my master plan!

Now for the good news....Drum Roll Pleassssssse..........

I lost another 2lbs!!:cb: :strong: Weighed myself this afternoon, I just couldn't wait until tomorrow. So I'm down to 218lbs!! 43# to go!!! (for now)

I just realized its Sunday already (12:23am), so I'm going to set my goals for this week:

1. Walk 5 days, Strength Training 3 days
2. Drink 100oz of water a day
3. This is kind of a month long challenge~~To be able to do at least 5 push-ups by the end of the month without straining.

Thats about it I guess, I sure hope everyone is doing well. Later,
Angel

gems: 1st 10lbs lost earned http://members.aol.com/aajdesign/emerald.jpg http://members.aol.com/aajdesign/sapphire.jpg
working towards: Garnet (daughters birthstone)

losinginillinois
09-07-2003, 12:54 PM
Well I had a post typed out in the few minutes I had. Somehow it got erased. I will try and post later! Its crazy around here! But just wanted you all to know I am still around!

Beth

xDas7x
09-07-2003, 01:17 PM
Hi all!! Thanks again for the links!! I really appreciate it.

I did bad yesterday.. :( it was my bf's mothers bday and .. well we had ravioli and.. meat balls.. and i had a slice of cake.... i looked at the label.. itts was 300 cal and 150 were from fat and a serving was 1/25 of the cake.. im not sure how big it was but i think my slice was much bigger than that!@ aguuughh :mad:

oh well.. its a new week.. time to start again. my goals for this week

#1: drink at least 100oz of water per day/cutting out sugars etc from fruit drinks.

#2. lessen carb intake. i tried that fitday.com and found out that almost 1/2 of my intake is carbs.. its so hard.. when u like sub sandwiches.. and anything that has bread in it.... :( im not sure how to really cut down since most of the stuff i try toeat i try to keep low fat.. but whatever i choose that is low fat seems to be high carb.... *cries* any suggestions??

#3. keep up with my 21-day challange on 15 situps a day and 5 pushups.

#4. Do the exercise bike or walker for an hour a day.. ALL WEEK!

justme2338
09-07-2003, 03:29 PM
Hi girls. Sunday goals sure come up fast. This past week went well. I made my appointment, worked out Tues, Wed and Friday and lost 2 pounds. So good week.
This weeks goals are to workout 5 times, stay within my calorie range and concetrate on drinking more water. UGH.
I also seem to feel my depression creeping back up on me. I am merely thinking that this is me without my food. So it's going to be a bumpy month. I can feel it.

I'll check in with you all tomorrow, right now I am going to enjoy the wonderful weather.

BlondeJ
09-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to check in. I have been working all week-end and now go back at 10:00 tonight. (It's 9:33 Sunday night).

It sounds like everyone is doing great. I haven't had time to get on the scale. And right now I don't want to! Went shopping late today after I got off from work and ate at Wendy's and then ate a box of Charleston Chews on the way home! I have been getting my walks in though. Yesterday morning I did the WATP 3 mile tape before I went to work. Then today when I got off from work a friend and I walked.

My goals for this week will be:
1. Drink 64 oz. (or more) of water
2. Watch the snacking after work
3. Watch the carbs a little more

xDas7x, I'm like you on the carbs. I think I'm doing good on the lower fat and then I realize I'm eating a lot of carbs. Of course, carbs are my favorite things to eat!

Well ladies, have a great Monday! Everyone keep up the good work!!

Julie

xDas7x
09-08-2003, 03:15 AM
BlondeJ I hear ya! I dont know how to cut the carbs while staying low fat! The recipes help but I dont have a lot of time to cook here! Any pointers? Like quick foods? I hate it cause I usually will make a sandwich.. and thats what kills me.. doh!!:dizzy:

justme2338
09-08-2003, 09:03 AM
Just a thought on the carb question. I think as long as we focus on natural whole grains and such that carbs aren't such a bad thing. The stuff we need to stay away from is all the processed food; white sugar and flour. I've switched to whole wheat pasta, brown rice and whole wheat bread. I also try and limit my potatoes because they can give a sugar rush.
The problem is, or so I read. That refined flour and sugar are processed differently than whole foods. It takes longer for our bodies to metabolize all that fiber found in whole foods. Not only has the processed crap been leached of all it's vitamins and fiber, but it also is digested quickly and turns right into sugar.

So watch that white flour and sugar!

LKBAngel
09-08-2003, 09:07 AM
Morning Ladies,

Well I didn't walk or do any form of exercise yesterday. Just didn't feel like it. Actually I'm feeling a little depressed right now and that always makes it hard for me to want to do anything. I don't know why exactly, I just seem to go through these stages.

Generaly once it sets in I struggle to get over it and I'm worried because it may cause me to give up my goals. I don't want to, but I don't care either. Does that make sense?

I'm going to try hard today to figure out whats bothering me so I can get over it!!

I am going for my walk today!!!!! No matter what, I think it may help.

I'm also going to drink my water and eat right today. I didn't eat to much yesterday, just didn't eat right either.

I guess thats about it, I'll check back in tonight.

Angel

gems: http://members.aol.com/aajdesign/emerald.jpghttp://members.aol.com/aajdesign/sapphire.jpg

losinginillinois
09-09-2003, 03:06 PM
Hello Ladies!

Another quick HI! I am sooo busy. I don't remember what I told you before but my 2 bil's and my nepew are here from NC to help us with our house. Our siding job is now also a window project. My jobs our maid, cook, gopher, laundress, ect.... Don't get me wrong. They are helping us from the goodness of the hearts and I appreciate it more then they know. But I hope I make it three weeks!

So if I am not around much know that I am here in spirit and keep up the good work!

Beth

BlondeJ
09-09-2003, 07:53 PM
Hi ladies,

Beth, it sounds like you are busy, busy, busy!! Just keep popping in to say hi to us once in a while!

Angel, keep on with that walking. It's good for depression. I understand what you mean about not wanting to give up your goals but then not really caring if you do. My dh suffered from depression and it's hard to explain to people how you are feeling. I think everyone just thinks "oh, just think of cheerful things and you will feel better". Well, it doesn't work like that for people who are depressed. We all wish it did. Just remember that we are all here for you.

Natalie, you make the carb thing sound easy! I sure wish I didn't like carbs so much!

xDas7x, when you figure out the carb thing let me know!!! I swear the only food I ate today was all high carb!

Everyone else, where are you??????

I have been getting my toning exercises and walking in but I have been doing absolutely terrible on the eating! I think I ate non-stop yesterday. Today was a little bit better. I have been getting my water in though. Today I even got an extra 20 oz. in. Yipee!!! I drank 84 oz. which is alot for me. I felt like I was floating!!! I just hope when I go for my walk in a little while that I can make the whole walk and not have to go into the trees!! lol

Take care ladies.
Julie

LKBAngel
09-09-2003, 09:26 PM
Hi all,

Julie~~Thanks for the encouragement :)!!

Well, I suppose I'm feeling a little bit better but I didn't exercise Sunday or Monday and didn't get to go tonight, although I really planned too, because my honey had to do some work on his truck. I didn't overeat or anything just didn't do much but stay on my computer and chase the kids:) I did drink my water so that at least is something I'm still keeping up with.

I just need to get back on track with everything. I'm feeling a bit lazy I guess you could say.

Boy I sure have been whinning a lot lately!!

Ok, I'm going to go work out with weights or something and maybe that will help.

Until Tomorrow,
Angela

cw: 218

gems: http://members.aol.com/aajdesign/emerald.jpghttp://members.aol.com/aajdesign/sapphire.jpg

xDas7x
09-10-2003, 03:50 PM
Hi all!

Its been awhile, sorry! Im also doing the 21 day challenge hooray! Im trying to keep up with my goals here too.. Ive thus lost 5lbs that makes 10lbs total and im SO HAPPY!!! *dances*

Anyway Ive been tryin to keep up with the water, I drank nearly 100oz the other day and about 64oz today. Im trying! :)

I also worked out on the walker that exercises arms and legs, did about 4.5mi and worked out total for about 40min.. and of course im doing 15 situps and 5 pushups daily to try and tone those.. flab areas.. *shudders*

About the carb thing, I dont know! I did switch to whole grain bread (the 100% kind) and find its just as good as white bread.... Im hoping maybe that will help!! im also taking B6 vitamins and the Kelp ones.. B Complex I think.... so I think its all giving my body a little nudge. Hopefully I can keep losing weight!

Good luck everyone!

LKBAngel
09-12-2003, 09:07 AM
Howdy All,

The Thread has seemed to slow down somewhat. I guess we have all been busy, one way or another. I know I've devoted most of this week to Web design and contracts. I love Web design but the business side gives me a headache sometimes.

I haven't exercised one day this week so I'm not looking forward to stepping on a scale this weekend, but I haven't overeaten, I haven't exactly been eating the right foods, but still, I did not eat to much, so hopefully it will work out, or maybe its just wishful thinking. :)

I sure hope everyone is doing well!! :D

Angel

Gems: http://members.aol.com/aajdesign/gems/emerald.jpghttp://members.aol.com/aajdesign/gems/sapphire.jpg

losinginillinois
09-12-2003, 12:55 PM
Hello All!
I hope that all is well. i am still very busy as it seems like all of us all. I have not had much time to exercise but the work is helping.

I lost 1.75 this week. So .75 more to goal. These last few pounds like to give you a hard time.

Well that is all I have time for right now. i have to get back to work. Hope to see you all soon!

Beth

justme2338
09-12-2003, 02:29 PM
Hi girls. Today was weight in and I dropped another pound. That makes it only 7 more before one-dom. I cannot wait. I originally thought I could do it by my birthday but there is no chance I'll be able to lose 7 pounds in 10 days. So I'll settle for 25 pounds lighter.
I've been doing well with goals. Stayed under 2000 calories and only missed one workout this week. Tonight I am going to do my weight training and I wanted to go for a hike along the river tomorrow but I think it's going to be raining.
As far as the water goes, I am downing a bottle right now but I've not met that goal for this week. I have to confess, I haven't really been trying to. I've got to get into gear with this water thing. Maybe they can just hook up an IV? :lol:

Oh, 25 pounds mean I have 5 jewels! I'm going to add my birthstone - Sapphire. :)

LKBAngel
09-12-2003, 11:31 PM
Not much time for posting but just had to say.....

Beth and Justme!! Way to Go!!! :bravo: :cp: :cb: :dancer:

Your are both inspirations!!!

Angel

gems: http://members.aol.com/aajdesign/gems/emerald.jpg http://members.aol.com/aajdesign/gems/sapphire.jpg

BlondeJ
09-13-2003, 01:02 AM
Hi everyone,

Sorry it's been been a couple of days since I've posted. This has been a busy week for me. Plus my computer has been running slow so I've been messing around trying to figure out what's going on. And I am not a computer wizard!!!

I have to admit that I forgot to weigh today (yesterday I guess - it's 12:01 a.m. now). I have been meeting my goal of drinking my water though. Even though some days I feel like I'm floating!! I think I have done better with the snacking after work but that is because I've been so busy that I haven't had time to snack. My carb goal still leaves alot to be desired!! I have been getting in some type of exercise every day so that is good.

Well I need to get to bed. Take care everyone.
Julie

losinginillinois
09-13-2003, 08:36 PM
Hello All!
Just a quick hey! Hope all is well. We are working our butts off here. I am really tired tonight. Don't think I will stay up to watch the movies dh and my bil's rented.

Just me way to go! Everyone else hang in here! It will happen. Amanda how is it going? WE MISS YOU!

Beth

LKBAngel
09-14-2003, 10:18 PM
Hello Ladies,

Okay I'm a happy camper again, I hate when I go through the moods. I did my weigh in today and I actually lost 2lbs this week. I'm really surprised because I haven't execercised all week. Just done the normal chasing around the kids and cleaning house. I didn't overeat all week so maybe thats what did it. Anyway I'm happy to say that I'm down to 216 #!!

Goals For 9/14--9/20

1. Walk at least 5 days
2. Eat right
3. Drink my water
4. Weight training at least 2 days

I hope eveyone else is doing well. Amanda were are you?!

Angel

41 # To Go!!

gems: http://members.aol.com/aajdesign/gems/emerald.jpg http://members.aol.com/aajdesign/gems/sapphire.jpg

justme2338
09-15-2003, 11:55 AM
:moo: Stay within 2000 calories per day. Hopefully that will be 1800. I can never seem to get that low though.

:moo: Workout 5 times (missed that one last week, only did 3)

:moo: Again concetrate on drinking more water. Yada, yada, yada.

Angel - how did you get the jewels on your post? It looks so cute!

Hello to everyone else, hope your weekends were fun and relaxing. Back to work today. Ick.

losinginillinois
09-16-2003, 03:41 PM
Just a quick Hi! I am busy all week! I have an all day training tommorrow and then I work that night. But I get friday off! Yeah! of course I will probably be painting or something house related!

As for as my weight. I have been sooo busy I have not had much time for exercise and my eating has not been the best. I know that once I don't have a house full of guests it will get better. That is what I hoping at least!

Hope all is well. Will try and check in later!

Beth

justme2338
09-18-2003, 09:09 AM
Where in the world is everyone??

LKBAngel
09-18-2003, 09:16 AM
Hello Ladies,

Where has everyone gone?

I'm doing okay with the exercise I guess, have only done it once this week so far, but that is better than last week. :D

I have to take my 2 year old to a pediatric cardioliogist tomorrow, those words are scary, she has a heart murmur and I was told that shes fine they just want to be sure. Her doctor said something about the flow not sounding quite right. Now that the time to take her is almost here I've been driving myself crazy with what-ifs, like what if the dr. just didn't want to worry me and is waiting the ped card. to do that. I swear if that doctor didn't tell me something I'll go to his office and raise all kinds of ****!! Of course it could be nothing, because from everything I've read heart murmurs can occur quite frequently in kids and go away on there own. Then again it depends on the type of murmur it is. See how I'm doing this to myself. I am praying that everything is fine and I'm just doing the overly worried mother bit. Which is probably all it is.

Anyway, I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Angel

This is my girl :)

http://members.aol.com/aajdesign/katie2.jpg

LKBAngel
09-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Where did everyone go!!!

Angel

BlondeJ
09-24-2003, 08:28 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry it's been so long since I have posted. I have been really busy the last couple of weeks. I don't think I've been home one evening. And I have been having computer problems and haven't had the time to sit down and try to figure out what is wrong. My ds was here today and he helped me out with it somewhat.

Angel, what did you find out about your daughter? My son developed a heart murmur when he was only 2 1/2 mo. old. It did finally go away on its own. I also developed one about 12 years ago. Mine is still there though. I've had a heart ultrasound done though and everything is okay.

I have been doing really good at drinking my water. And everyone was right - the body does adjust. I still visit the bathroom alot but not as much as at first!! I have been doing pretty good getting my walking in. The toning I have kind of lapsed on but am going to get back to that. I just got a new tape for toning in the mail that I am hoping to try either tonight after my walk or tomorrow evening.

Well my mom is on MSN so I guess I'll chat with her. Take care everyone.
Julie

imlilbb
09-25-2003, 12:19 PM
Hello all! I haven't posted in MONTHS - and I do mean MONTHS!

I have spent most of the morning catching up on reading from the rest of Thread #2 and Thread #3 and now this one. It looks like all of y'all are still on track - but I wish I could say the same for me. Started back on the 'diet' aka 'lifestyle/food change' - which ever is the politically correct term. :?: I know it isn't Sunday but I am going to go ahead and post my goals for the remainder of the week.

#1 - No snacking at work and don't let my hunny talk me into snacking late at night after kids are asleep and we are watching a movie. :(
#2 - Drink at LEAST 64 oz of water every day if not double that. :o
#3 - Get some sort of exercise - walking or pilates dvd - in every evening. :^: :(

I am going to promise that I will try to post every day but my schedule is SOOO hectic nowadays it is really hard to find the time. As it is I am at work now posting this so I guess I could use my lunch hour everyday to post and then it would also remind me to eat healthy. Sounds like a pretty good plan, don't ya think?

Anyway - I hope to hear from everyone soon and hope everyone has a great week!

Bobbie ...

imlilbb
09-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Okay - how in the world is it possible that noone has posted since my post last week? Is everyone okay? Did everyone have a great weekend and are just too tired and busy to hop on the net and drop a line? :p

I had a great weekend - stuck to eating right - drank my water - exercised Thursday, Friday and Saturday - but took a day of rest on Sunday with my honey bear. Honey bear is also trying to lose some weight so it is making it easier for me - because we both keep each other on track and he isn't sabotaging my efforts - know what I mean?

My goals for this week are the same as last...

LOTS OF WATER EVERYDAY!!!!
EXERCISE EVERYDAY!!!!!
MAKE HEALTHY AND SMART FOOD CHOICES!!!!

I hope I hear from some of y'all soon! As I am sitting here typing away I am wondering - did you start a Jewels Within #5 and I missed it??? :o

I really hope to hear from y'all soon! Keep on track and have a great week!!!

;) Bobbie ;)

PheonixRising
10-02-2003, 01:44 AM
Hello-I'm still around. Things have been kind of crazy here-but I'm trying to get back on track. I will be back to post again soon.