Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-09-2017, 11:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 301/266/195

Height: 6'

Default A Lurker Finally Joins

Hey everyone!

I finally joined this forum even though I've been shyly lurking on it for some time now. There is a lot of nice advice on here and everyone seems so lovely.

A little bit about me... I'm 25 years old from NY, USA. My starting weight was 301, currently at 271, and one day going to get to 195. I previously went from 320 to 250, but then gained most of that back. It was really depressing, but now I'm back on track! No looking back! I'm hoping to lose 20lbs by Christmas to make it an even 50lbs lost for the year! But anywhere in the 250s by then will make me happy, and so far I'm on track for that!

I go to the gym 5 times a week at an hour each visit. I've started taking the classes that my gym is offering. I finally became brave enough to try spin classes and I love them. I finished my 5th one today! I also am trying total body workout classes and now find myself wondering if I'm walking normally whenever I go anywhere (muscle soreness!). It makes me laugh, though.

I guess my biggest problem is the dieting portion. I'm an extremely picky eater, and I'm trying to get myself out of that... but it's hard. I would actually really love some healthy recipe ideas to help me break into new things!

Anyway! I'm eager to get to know more of you and get more involved in the forum.
Lioness5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:52 AM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Lioness5! Congratulations, first, on already losing 30 lbs! That's great! And 20 more by Christmas is totally doable.

I've never done a spin class, but it sounds fun. Are you in NYC, or elsewhere in NY? My sister lives in Albany.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:02 PM   #3  
Call me Mel

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 4'11"

Welcome, Lioness. I'm seriously wowed by your bravery at the gym - spinning classes do look fun.
Tortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:07 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
Welcome Lioness5! Congratulations, first, on already losing 30 lbs! That's great! And 20 more by Christmas is totally doable.

I've never done a spin class, but it sounds fun. Are you in NYC, or elsewhere in NY? My sister lives in Albany.
Thanks! Yes, I'm trying to keep mini-goals realistic and doable so I don't put too much stress on myself and maybe better acclimate myself to things.

They're pretty fun. I'm on Long Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortie View Post
Welcome, Lioness. I'm seriously wowed by your bravery at the gym - spinning classes do look fun.
Thanks! They are fun. I come out looking like a sweat monster from a horror movie, but it's great. It works you hard, but is also fun. I always feel proud of myself when I leave a class.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:45 PM   #5  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Welcome! It sounds like you are doing great. I've been dying to try a spin class but worried I was still too heavy ... you've given me the courage to try!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:48 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tefrey View Post
Welcome! It sounds like you are doing great. I've been dying to try a spin class but worried I was still too heavy ... you've given me the courage to try!
Definitely try and let me know how it goes! There isn't any one body type in a spin class, so don't feel nervous about that. Also, if the instructor is telling you to do something and you don't feel like you can do it, just remain pedaling in the seat. It's a great workout.