Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-01-2017, 10:39 PM   #1  

Default Food and exercise

I'm not a regular here, maybe I should be. I totally went off the diet and luckily avoided yo-yo'ing but my weight stabilized for a couple of months. I'm trying to go back on the diet, I definitely have my weaknesses, but I've lost 3 pounds in less than two weeks so maybe I'm on enough of a diet.

I ride a bicycle and I'm on a bicycling forum and they talk about foods before long rides. I don't understand how they keep from crashing and burning, blood sugar-wise. They talk about eating lots of carbs before a long ride, which to me sounds like the worst thing in the world.

I recently had my own "long" ride, I went from my 3 mile commute to just going out and ending up with a 13.3 mile ride, and I ate all the wrong things before it. Cheeseburger, fries and a soda. I was looking for protein first, and I was tired of scrambled eggs and cheese, but I didn't want to prep a chicken breast, and I didn't want to fight the cats over a can of tuna, so I ended up being really bad and tossing a hamburger patty on the George Foreman grill, chopping up a couple of red potatoes and tossing them into the deep fryer and making a half liter of Sodastream. Better than going to a fast food place, but that was still a lot of calories and even more important, a lot of carbs. I figured the wheat bun and potatoes would have me crashing fast but I felt great the whole ride.

So for those who are actually knowledgeable about what foods to eat, rather than being like me and faking it as I go, how could I possibly eat a lot of carbs before serious exercise and not end up sick as a dog? I thought pure protein was best for sustained energy.
rachel120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 435/342/215

Height: 6'2"

Hmmm my first thought was raw nuts of some kind or avocado.
joannaspsyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/176/150

I always keep a few hard boiled eggs and baked sweet potatoes on hand and ready to eat so I'm not burdened with making something. But in reality I rely on my advocare supplements for both pre and post workout. I take catalyst before and the recovery drink after. If you want to message me about these you're more than welcome. I don't want to post anything on here against the forum rules since I'm also an advocare distributor.

Hope this helps!
Wendiendi is offline   Reply With Quote