Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-01-2017, 10:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300.7/292/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Hi!

Hello everyone! I googled weight loss forums and founds this sight. I'm 2 1/2 weeks into my journey and could use the support of others who understand the struggle. I went to my doctor for unrelated reasons and asked if I could talk to her about my weight while I was there. She immediately told me I am a candidate for bariatric surgery. That was tough to hear. I know I'm very overweight but I didn't think it had gotten to that point. I told her I would like to try some different options first so she prescribed some medications to help me get started. I've been avoiding carbs as much as possible. I have been using my fitness pal to log everything I eat or drink. I have been trying to fit workouts into my day but it hasn't happened as much as I would like or as much as it needs to. I think I have figured out a schedule that might work around work, my kids, their schedules, home stuff - you know, life? I wasn't going to weigh myself until I went back to the doctor after one month but I had an appointment with a different doctor (unrelated reason) a week after I started my new way of eating and I had lost 8.7 pounds! I also quit smoking 18 days ago.
crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:38 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello and welcome. I'm also a fan of the lower-carb approach. Congrats on losing nearly 9 lbs in a week, that is great!

Have you found the website marksdailyapple.com yet? It's the website for the Primal Blueprint, which is a lower carb whole food way of eating and IMO is the best website out there for guiding you on a lifestyle change that is sustainable and will improve your weight and your health.

And a huge congratulations on quitting smoking. I quit over 20 years ago now but do recall it was tough. At 18 days you should be over the hump, though. Day 12 was my worst day, and it got better from there. Now I never even think about it and don't miss it even a little (it took a while to stop missing it, I admit). But I'm so glad I did it- not just for my health, although that's huge, but also for my wallet! Cigarettes have gotten so expensive.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 470 / 430 / 150

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC! Wow, quitting smoking while also making other big lifestyle changes--you're one tough person! I'm sure you can do it!
RubySnacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/176/150

Congrats on the smoking! Keep it up!
Wendiendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 76.4/76.4/50

Height: 152cm

Wow, you have gotten off to a great start!
Pemberley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:03 AM   #6  

Hi! Congrats! Keep going
Alex74874 is offline   Reply With Quote