Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-29-2017, 01:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/170/130

Height: 4'11"

Talking Hello!

Hi everyone!

I always knew of 3FC but never really joined the forum or explored what the site had to offer until recently. This seems like an awesome place!!

I've struggled with my weight since I was 13. I'm now 26. I currently weigh 170 lbs., which is a lot for someone who's 4'11". I've got some serious cankles and I just feel so darn bloated all the time. It's been frustrating. This is the heaviest I've ever been and I'm now getting serious about losing the weight and leading a healthier lifestyle because I'm just tired of being tired.

My goal for now is to be 130 lbs., then from there I'd like to be about 120 lbs. with some muscle.

I recently (re)started doing a no sugar added diet. I'm prediabetic; the first time I did this no sugar added diet, I easily lost 12 lbs. in 2-3 weeks and wowzers my energy levels were better than ever. I felt energetic and great so much more often than I did before... then vacations happened. So I'm looking to make this a lifestyle change overall.

As far as exercise goes, I've been walking at least a mile per day. I ran for a little while, but with how much weight my legs/ankles are forced to handle, I'm easily injuring myself... so I'm back to taking it easy and walking at least 2 mi/day.

I look forward to browsing, posting and hanging out at this forum! I've tried the MyFitnessPal forums but that's been a bit intimidating to me I hope to meet some awesome folks here!

Sorry this was so long! I write for a living, so that explains everything LOL.
SlytherinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 470 / 430 / 150

Height: 5'2"

It's good to see another Slytherin on here! :P

It sounds like you're already making some pretty good choices, so I'm sure you'll be able to hit your goal in no time at all. I wish you the best of luck!
RubySnacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubySnacks View Post
It's good to see another Slytherin on here! :P

It sounds like you're already making some pretty good choices, so I'm sure you'll be able to hit your goal in no time at all. I wish you the best of luck!
Go Slytherin! And thank you. I'm trying the best I can.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/216/150

Height: 5'6''

Welcome! I'm new to the forum too. Making the decision to eat better and exercise is something I need to do everyday... With hard work, we'll meet our goals!
-from a die-hard Hufflepuff
TarafromTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:31 PM   #5  

I'm relatively new here, too - and kinda feeling my way around. Best luck to achieving your goals!

Let's stay motivated and make it happen!

Go Gryffindor!

All the best,
Keiran
womens-weight-loss.com
Keiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:23 AM   #6  

Quite a few Potter fans here! I love it! And thank you, everybody!
Old 09-03-2017, 11:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 76.4/76.4/50

Height: 152cm

Omg, you are like my twin, same age, same weight and almost the same height, and HP fans (Ravenclaw btw)! How does the no sugar thing work? I'm not sure if you mean no sugar in things like cereals, sugar in tea, or naturally occurring sugars such as fruit or everything and if sweeteners fall into that.
Pemberley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:01 AM   #8  

Sounds interesting! Welcome
Alex74874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:04 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemberley View Post
Omg, you are like my twin, same age, same weight and almost the same height, and HP fans (Ravenclaw btw)! How does the no sugar thing work? I'm not sure if you mean no sugar in things like cereals, sugar in tea, or naturally occurring sugars such as fruit or everything and if sweeteners fall into that.
Hello! Almost the same height? Short people unite!

By no added sugar, I mean... no cereals, bread, cookies, sweets, sweeteners, etc. Basically, from my experience, it's resulted in eliminating all junk foods and making my own meals from scratch. I could have fruits still, and none have left me feeling groggy and tired so far, so it's okay.

I haven't been doing too well with this at all the past week due to a mini vacation, so I'm starting up again tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex74874 View Post
Sounds interesting! Welcome
Thank you!
Old 09-07-2017, 01:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!

#slytherinhouseisthebesthouse
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote