Weight Loss Support - 21-DAY CHALLENGE #4 -- Please join us!!

redballoon
09-02-2003, 08:15 PM
Hello Dear Readers. I'm taking up where our founder, :goodvibes: Amarantha, has left off and continuing the 21-Day Challenge. This is No. 4!

Please jump aboard and count with us. You pick something you want to do every day for the next 21 days. It can be anything related to your goals of weight loss, better health, better eating habits, anything really. You do it each day and report back here as you count along. If you slip up you have to start counting all over again. It's all up to you what you consider a slipup and if it constitutes starting over.

The numbers help keep you on track and give you a LOT of momentum in the later days. :cb: I've done it twice now and I can tell you, it is really GREAT. :cp: :cp: Knowing you have to start counting over just doesn't make whatever it is you're trying NOT to do as tempting. Well, maybe tempting, but you realize the price is way too high.

PLEASE join us. :spin: You can join anytime, there's no specified beginning and ending date with this challenge. We have people just starting out now and some halfway through.

Hope to see you soon!!! :wave:

palemoonnight
09-02-2003, 10:36 PM
I am a new member here and just stumbled on the challenge. I have a quick question. We pick just one thing to do everyday for 21 days? Could that be something like walk around a track or do situps everyday? What types of things do people do?

redballoon
09-02-2003, 10:54 PM
palemoonnight, hello! I sure hope you join. I LOVE your name. I'm sitting here dreaming of a cool night with a pale moon hanging big and high in the sky. . .wow. It's also bringing to mind my favorite piano piece, which I've been trying to learn, Clair de Lune by Debussy. . .oops! getting way off the track here...

Yes, you pick anything you want to do. We've had people doing a walk every day and we had someone doing situps every day. I did that actually as part of a multiple challenge last time. And thanks to these past three weeks I can now knock out 4 sets of 20 without pain (well, barely). In the beginning it was tough. I felt like I was going to spew!! excuse my graphic language!

Others have vowed to stay away from soda pop or have sworn off fast food, eating out. We've had people counting calories and staying under a certain number. I stayed off sugar of any kind, including sweetener, for both my two times and I tell you, there is no way in the world I would have done it if I hadn't had this place to come to. It can be something psychological too, like building your self-worth and esteem, looking in the mirror once a day and saying, "Damn, you are beautiful!" Whatever doesn't come easily to you, that's a good place to start.

So yes, the choice is yours. It may not seem like much to others and it may not even seem like much to you (just the idea of it) but if it's YOUR challenge, which of course it is, you know what's hard for you. Doing something for 21 days straight is NOT easy but it's very, very doable. So come on, give it a try.
We are all here to support you.

A lot of people try, stumble, get back up, over and over again, but that's what it's all about.

C'mon, take the plunge! I, for one, am waiting for you! :wave:

palemoonnight
09-02-2003, 11:44 PM
ok I think I will choose the walk. I have a large mile track close to my house. I think once around the track everynight is very doable. And if I feel like it I can do more.

Count me in!

redballoon
09-02-2003, 11:54 PM
ALL RIGHT, palemoonnight is IN! :dance: Once around the mile track every night! Day 1 and counting!
:dancer:

DewCan
09-03-2003, 01:51 AM
Hi, can I join too? :D I want to put a twist on mine though. I want to drink 8 cups of water daily, do 30 minutes of exercise daily, and 5 sets of 10 sit ups daily. If I happen to miss one then I will just start recounting the one. The others will continue. It's just 3 separate ones. Does that make sense? :?: :dizzy: I hope you don't mind ;) Well goodnight and good luck
Diana :wave:

deleted2
09-03-2003, 06:30 AM
Hi RedBalloon! Thanks for starting a new thread!

Welcome, palemoonlight and Dewcan! The 21-dayer is very motivating---I'm on my 2nd one, 7th day. I love seeing those days add up!
I'm doing it the old-fashioned way---counting calories with awareness of fat and fiber grams too. Following a mostly whole foods diet and working out every day--consisting of walking [ususally the treadmill] everyday--supplemented by yoga, weights, Pilates, bellydancing, and the occasional step video, if I'm tired of walking.
I want to start drinking 10-12 cups of water a day. I do well now, just want to add more.
I've been on this journey for over 5 years. And now I'm scarily close to my goal weight---just 9 pounds from it!

Good luck, everybody. Accountability is key--let's check in with each other every day, even if it's only briefly!

redballoon
09-03-2003, 08:16 AM
DewCan, welcome! :flow1: So glad you're joining us. Well, three things, three different things?!?! I think you'll have to sign on as three different people to do that . . . NOT! :joker: Of course you can do that. It's your challenge! Maybe you can help us out though by giving us a daily tally on each thing. . . something like Water = Day 3, 30 Min. = Day 1, Situps = Day 6, something like that. Otherwise, we's gonna get mighty confused! :^: Then again, I'm expecting to see them counting down together, right?! Right!! :strong:

Hi Eydie, glad to see you. OK, lucky 7. :sunny: You're doing it! Wow, only 9 lbs from goal weight! You must be excited.

Well, I'm actually between challenges. Taking a day or two off and will report back in with my Day 1 soon. I'll report in anyhow, to see how y'all are doing. I think it's a good idea, Eydie, to say hi, even just a short little heh! That's one thing I really like about this challenge, this thread, is that you can do that. It's not necessary to write a lot. If you want to write a lot though, feel free. :write: Tell us when you cruisin' along just fine, tell us when you're stumblin' and trippin' and fallin' down. We want to hear from you! We are a rollin' tumblin' bunch! :twirly:

Ciao for now!

Hotsplashes
09-03-2003, 09:56 AM
I'm here!! I'm here!! On day #3 of 21!!! I was a bad girl yesterday and ate tooooo many carbs and am paying for it today! Bloated, groggy, icky. Just had my good breakfast and feel much better. Bloodsugars back to normal. I now know that there is no fooling around on this diet that Doc put me on.

Hello to everyone!

Bo-Beena
09-03-2003, 12:40 PM
Hello everyone,

Welcome, Palemoonlight and Dewcan!! Good luck to you on this challenge.

I am on day 16!!! When you get this close is when the motivation really kicks in, why would I want to go ALL the way back to Day 1?

:bravo: to all who are movin' on up to day 21!

Eydie, I can't believe you are so close to your goal, you can do it :cp: !!
Way to go! I think I remember you are planning on maybe by end of daylight savings, I'll have to go and check the other forum.

Redballoon, don't wait too long in between or we will miss you! :dance: congrats on completing your block!

Hotsplashes, I have been eating less carbs too and I decided to have pizza. Man oh man was I sick! I couldn't believe it. You are right, there is no messing around. Good luck to you on to day 4!

I'll check in with you guys later,

BoBeena

PyePye9
09-03-2003, 12:45 PM
HI Everyone, My name is Sherrie and I am too new. I am just starting a diet. I say I am going to walk for 2 hours all 7 days of the week. What better motivation could I find ???

May I join in also ?

Have a beautiful day, Sherrie (PyePye

FunAtA2d
09-03-2003, 08:03 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site and feel that the 21-day challenge is a wonderful opportunity to succeed. I have difficulty journaling each day. When I journal I usually am successful in my goals. So, one of my choices will be to journal each day. The second is to do my floor exercises daily. I look forward to sharing my successes and encouraging you to achieve yours.

Marti
09-03-2003, 08:18 PM
Hi everyone-

I've seen your 21 day challenge before and didn't know what it was that I wanted to do. But I would like to join this time. I'm trying to reach a goal by the New Year and this would definately help.
I pretty much want to do what DewCan want's to do. Without the twist. I want to drink 8 cups of water daily if not more. That has always been my biggest problem: water intake. And in the past, I have found that is the biggest help in my weight loss.
So if you don't mind me joining......
So since this would be my first day....I've already had 5 glasses, not to bad for starters. Let's see if I can get the other three....

Marti

palemoonnight
09-03-2003, 08:59 PM
ok SO today was my first day in the 21 day goal challenge. I did my mile walk, but I ended up having to go to another track cause the one by my house was being mowed. I am very alergetic to fresh cut grass. I saw that and turned right around and went back home. Then I wsa like "I am not staying home!" So I got in my car and drove to the river to walk around the trck there.

DewCan
09-04-2003, 12:33 AM
hi all
sounds like everyone is doing well. I'm doing good but it's only my first day. Water=day 1, exercise=day 1, situps=day 1. ;) I hope I can the same tomorrow. Wow BoBeena, day 16, don't give it up now. Well it's late, goodnight

redballoon
09-04-2003, 01:55 AM
Alright! This place is bouncin'! I love seeing so many here, and lots of new faces too. Great! :cb: Thank you all for joining up. It makes it so much more fun when lots of people are doing this thing together!

Hotsplashes, good to see you back with us. Didn't know if you were going to make the leap between threads! OK, DAY 3. Isn't it just amazing the way WHAT you eat makes such a difference? I think, at least when I was growing up (and still in the States, that everything was about the almighty calorie. There was a book written I think in the 60s that was called "Calories Don't Count" but it soon faded from sight. I think that was the predecessor of all the low-carb diets. Well, I really think that processed foods, flours, grains and sugar is what does us in and yet the big businesses keep things pretty hush on a lot of things. It's like smoking used to be. Smoking was not considered bad for you! Do you remember those days? Maybe you're too young. Actually, I don't remember them but I do remember when the big kick toward NOT smoking started.

And Bo-Beena, with one of my favorite handles, good to see you too. You're almost there! :cp: Doesn't the motivation just kick in though when the numbers get high? :yes: It's great and why I love this challenge so much! I tell people trying to push "just a little bit of sugar" on me that no, I'm staying away from it and they ask "Why" and I just say, "Because I'm doing this challenge that says I'm not going to touch the stuff for 21 days and I'm just not going to eat it" and they seem convinced. Actually, they probably just think I'm ripe for the loony bin but don't want to say anything! :joker:

Oh, by the way, Bo-Beena, thanks for saying not to stay away too long. I may make this the first day but I'm not sure yet. Probably so, just don't want to commit just yet. I haven't had any sugar today and oh, my, yesterday did I ever pig out on it! It felt great but I too looked like a balloon, yes, and now with some sunburn from this morning, my face truly looks like a red balloon!! Well, actually the bloating is pretty well gone but that sugar really puffs you up!

And a BIG WELCOME to cat lover PyePye9!! :cheers: You are a cat lover, aren't you? I think I read that somwhere. Your challenge sounds VERY ambitious but I think you can do it. When I first came to Tokyo I had been a sloth for years (though I was a very active kid and teen. I started losing weight at last and I did it by walking. I was so out of shape that my arms would hurt the next day just from swinging them as I walked! Well, good luck to you and remember, we're all waiting here to hear you come in and say, "Hello! I've made it through another day. I walked for 2 hours!" :dance:

By the way, I had a cat named Pi. I called him that because he had a twisted leg as a kitten when I found him. Eventually, miraculously, it straightened out. I massaged it a lot and kept sending him healing energy! I named him Pi from the mathematical sign for infinity as a prayer he would go on and on safely. Also he was black and white like a piebald horse. Sadly I found hi dead in the street a couple years ago though there wasn't a mark on him. I still have his brother and sister. They were all strays in the neighborhood who I took in. I have 3 others too.

And FunATA2d, OK, you are ON! It's going to be writing is it? :write: OK, write on, you! And floor exercises daily. Another ambitious entrant! Power to you! :sunny:

WOW, we have yet another new face! So good to see you, M.N.J.! Lots of water every day. 8 glasses. Ok, you can do it. Do you drink just tap water, or mineral water, sparkling? Keep it up! I keep water next to me all the time at work and just drink it in moments of boredom, which are OFTEN!! :bubbles:

palemoonnight, with the beautiful name, is registering in a successful DAY 1! :cp: Good going! The first days are the hardest so give yourself a big pat on the back. That was an awesome save on the walk. When I read your post I got shivers. It was inspiring! :encore:
Okay, and last but not least we have DewCan tallying a successful three-way challenging Day 1. :bravo: Great stuff!

Keep it up all!! Bye for now. :wave:

deleted2
09-04-2003, 06:30 AM
Going into Day 8!:)

It's great to see so many new people, and I look forward to getting to know you all better.

My challenge today is getting thru a reception at work [I'm a cook!] and having a talk with a co-worker. Always a little stressful...but I'm determined to get thru it without turning to emotional eating.

palemoonlight, I was inspired also, by your bold save on the walk! ;)

redballoon
09-04-2003, 08:30 AM
Eydie, you can do it! :strong: Day 8 is just one day before :cloud9: so keep it going. I am the worst with anxiety ridden talks and will eat like it is going to help make it better. Tonight I was thinking of that very thing. Just what does eating change, really?!!? Nothing, absolutely nothing :cry: (was that James Brown?)

Well, power to you Eydie. :flow1:

Hotsplashes
09-04-2003, 11:50 AM
WElcome to all the new folks!!! I have just done my weigh in today and am down a pound...a pound is better than maintaining and maintaining is better than Gaining!!

All these wonderful and ambitious people!! We can do this LAdies!! Yes we Can!!! My goal by Day 21 is to be below 180. I am on day 4 right now...so I still have 17 days to lose at least 3lbs.

Redballoon, you are soooo inspiring!! Keep up the awesome work. Yes the calorie thing here in NA is rediculous. My brother lived in Okinawa for years and became Macrobiotic or ate of the Shoku Yoto? style? Ate tons, lost mass amounts of weights. I too was a complete vegan for years and was incredibly thin...just not incredibly healthy...my body couldn't handle all the carbs...but I did lose weight. This time I'm following Dr.s orders and can see a big change in my health.

Good luck ladies and see you later!!! Keep all the good LOSING ladies!!

xDas7x
09-04-2003, 03:57 PM
Hi All!! I'm pretty new here but I'd love to join! My goal is for 21 days to do at least 15 situps and a few pushups! (i can only pull off maybe 3-5..... im a weakling.. lol)

and of course work out on the exercise bike and walker!!

deleted2
09-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the kind words, RedBalloon. I made it thru the day, bearely. I must admit that I had a few cookies but I'm still staying within my 1500-calorie budget and am still calling the day a success. Also, I walked 7 [!] miles on the treadmill, just so in my mind I feel like I walked them off. Okay, I know that's alittle compulsive---don't scold me!

Hotsplashes, could you give us some info on your diet? Sounds interesting---I always like to hear what works for different folks.

Welcome, xDas7x!!! I've gotta tell you, I love that little bobbing floating creature under your name!:lol:

redballoon
09-05-2003, 12:41 AM
Well, I'm on Day 2 here. I did start yesterday after all. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to still pig out on sugar but I didn't. Everytime I thought I would I just thought, ''What for? It's not that great. I could be starting another block on the 21-day challenge instead of putting it off yet again!!'' And so, doing that all day long, I got through the day and then it was late and I went to bed. And, that's the rest of the story! So, I'm doing it again. No sugar at all for 21 days. I'm not adding anything to my challenge at this point. I AM going to be doing some other things as a test run, like counting calories and staying below 2,000 but I don't want to make that a challenge yet as I'm not used to it and the planning it's going to involve.

OK, let's give a big hand :cp: to Eydie for another day tallied. What does that make it, by the way? Give me a number. Oh, wait, I remember it's floating time. Eydie is currently on :cloud9: Way to go!
Oh, and, 7 miles on the treadmill. WOW!

:bravo: to you Hotsplashes for yet another pound gone, poof! You bet it's the best thing going! Four down, you're on you way. You'll vanquish those 3 pounds in no time for sure. :spin:

WELCOME, xDas7x, new is great. Come on down! So you're going to shake that booty for your challenge. OK! Let's rock. Situps and pushups, oh my, and biking and walking.:dancer: Good luck! And I too find that little creature bobbing and flapping under your name very intersting! It's an angel kitten! with a . . red balloon! Majorily weird, but cool. In fact, it looks like something you'd find here in Japan, The Land of Weird! (and I can say that. I've been here for 20 years! Now, who's weird?!!?) :lol:

OK, everyone out there doing this challenge. Good luck in your efforts and we all hope to hear from you soon. Bye for now! :wave:

DewCan
09-05-2003, 12:54 AM
Hi, sounds like all are doing well. :D I've succeeded today. Water=day2, exercise=day2, situps=day2. Wish you all luck on your bigger day number tomorrow.

redballoon
09-05-2003, 05:04 AM
:bravo: to DewCan for a successful Day 2. Good for you! :cp: Slowly but surely you are counting down to 21!

FunAtA2d
09-05-2003, 08:38 AM
Good morning! Yesterday - Day 1 - Success! I journaled and exercised. A party at work yesterday, lots of pizza, lots of cake. I didn't overindulge but wasn't deprived. Counted my 1 pc of pizza and I cut a very small piece of cake -- loved every bite of it. Stayed on track, too. Whoohoo!!

Bo-Beena
09-05-2003, 12:13 PM
Only have a minute this morning. I am on day 18!! Bad weekend coming up though. I have 4 parties to go to!! Yikes! I can do it!

:bravo: to you all new and old 21 dayers!

:wave:

BoBeena

xDas7x
09-05-2003, 02:48 PM
Hey all!
Reballoon (and Im sorry the other person that mentioned it.. lol) its actually a Moogle from the Final Fantasy video games! So yes, Japan is right!! :) Wow I would love to see Japan one day!! Redballoon, your such a motivator! Thanks! *shakes booty!* lol!

SO far its day 2 for me and I did my 15 situps and 5 push ups!! Im so proud!! I worked out yesterday for 45mins on the walker thingy.. i didnt get to do the bike.. and I know today I wont have time for the walker or bike.. cause my schedule is hectic.. but i made time for the situps and pushups!!! im so proud!! :-D good luck to everyone else!! I love this message board.. I dont feel so alone.. its good to know we're all in this weight loss thing together, almost like a family! and i know ppl wont make fun of me here.. and i feel really good about that.. thank you all! *warm hugs*

deleted2
09-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Bo-Beena, you're right about this weekend--I'm not going to sugar coat it [if you'll pardon the expression!], just think how it'll feel like a major accomplishment when you come thru it. is there something you've been putting off getting for yourself? [As long as it's not food!] Maybe reward yourself when you make it thru all the parties----you WILL make it, I know you will!

DewCan, FunAtA2d, and xDas7x, you're doing so well! And RedBalloon, I'm glad that you decided to jump back in right away.

Okay, I've got to start my workout or I can't say I've successfully ended Day 9!

redballoon
09-05-2003, 07:48 PM
Okay, I'm starting out on a Day 3 Saturday. Yesterday was tough! I went to this store that sells all this imported food and the cakes and brownies and chocolate were calling to me! But I resisted and just got some bagels (a rare treat) and some organic all-natural peanut butter and some Triscuits (no sugar, I did read the label!) So, I'm OK and heading into Day 3. This will be another tempting day but this place keeps me strong! Thanks for being here! :)

FunAtA2d, heh, I just understood your handle! Fun Attitude! Duh, little slow here. :spin: I love it! Congrats to you for a rockin' Day 1. Writing and exercising. Excellent work at the party! See, it's not about deprivation. It's about YOU callin' the shots! Keep it up Fun!

:bravo: to Bo-Beena, a mighty 18! You are burnin' tracks in this ole challenge :flame: Be strong :strong: over the weekend. Four parties! Wow! Party maniac! Way to go! :dancer:

xDas7x, I knew it! I knew it! It's a Japanese thing, that little thing under your name! I really hadn't thought it was, it just looked like it could be. I don't know anything about animated movies and video games even though I'm here. I did see "Spirited Away" though and liked it.

A big hand to you :cp: for getting through Day 1. The first days are the hardest. They really are. The numbers are low and uninspiring. But it gets better and better as you go along, and like Bo-Beena, when you're past 10 the momentum builds and helps push you along. You SHOULD be proud. Doing those situps and pushups and 45 mins on the "walker thing!" :dance: Cool! Cool! And you are NOT alone. So check in any time you need a boost. We's here for ya! Heh, where are you in the Garden State? Anywhere near Manahattan?

Eydie, veteran challenger, good luck on the weekend too. That's a good idea about finding something to reward yourself with. We turn-to-the-munchies types gotta think hard I think about what else besides food is out there for us. It's hard but there's a lot. It's a lot about habit, isnt' it?

Okay, all, good luck, good luck! Be back soon. :cb:

Marti
09-05-2003, 09:31 PM
Hello-
Sorry I didn't post yesterday.
Today is day 3 and I'm not quite getting the full 8glasses a day down, but very close. I get in 6 glasses almost 7 and then I pretty much feel like I've had enough. (maybe if I quit drinking all the lemonade!!)
But hey!!!! That's 4glasses more than what I have been taking in all summer!!! So I still feel like I'm accomplishing something here. I am still trying to get all 8 if not more (won't that be something?)
Has anyone heard of how much water your body needs? I can't seem to remember but for some reason I'm thinking that your body needs half your weight in ounces..... has anyone else heard that?
Ok. I will post tomorrow how I'm doing.
Until then!
Marti

redballoon
09-05-2003, 10:02 PM
M.N.J. Thanks for writing. I don't think you can really say how much water your body needs. It all depends on how much you've sweated, the weather etc. Well, if you're drinking lemonade that's a fluid too and not something that'll dehydrate you. I hope it's not all full of sugar though.

Well, good luck. Report back to us. Keep trying to drink the water. You can do it! :spin: How big is your glass by the way, 8 oz?

DewCan
09-06-2003, 12:43 AM
Hi All, sounds like all are staying on track. I'm at; water=day3, exercise=day3, situps=day3. I alomost didn't go for a walk as I was tired, but my husband went with me :D He's wonderful.

redballoon
09-06-2003, 01:20 AM
:bravo: for you DewCan. How sweet of your husband to go out with you on the walk. Sounds like you have a good supporter there. That's great to hear! Keep up the excellent work! :dancer:

Marti
09-06-2003, 01:56 AM
I have 16oz. glasses. So when I drink one of them I count that as two. I have to say though, I drank all that I wanted today!!:D
So I'm sure I'll get better with time. Body just needs to get used to it. Also, the lemonade I drink is Crystal Lite. A lot of people don't like it but I don't mind it at all. Just add lemons and raspberries and you got a pretty good drink.
I appreciate the support you give here. Excellent work. Keeps us going!!!

Bo-Beena
09-06-2003, 12:11 PM
Hello fellow 21dayers!

Day 19!! That's right, Day 19!!

Eydie, I like your idea on a reward. How ironic that day 21 is monday after a 4 party weekend so I need to find a double reward! It is going to be a hard weekend but your right, I CAN DO IT!

I must dash, time to get the weekend going. Continued sucess everyone! You are all doing great :bravo:

:wave: BoBeena

redballoon
09-06-2003, 05:35 PM
A big :bravo: to Bo-Beena for making it to Day 19 and that despite tempting oh so seductive party food surrounding her. Bo-B is strong! :strong: She rocks! Did you notice how it wasn't HOW am I going to get through the weekend, but HOW I am going to reward myself when I do? Now, that is mega-inspiring stuff! :cp: Yes, it'll be tough but you are made of IRON! Power on, Bo-Beena!! :flow1:

M.N.J, Those are BIG glasses. Would it maybe make it easier if you had smaller glasses? 16 oz. would seem quite daunting to me if I saw it all at once. :eek: Sometimes just saying to yourself you're only going to drink 8 and then doing it twice makes it easier. When I cound reps at the gym I often don't count to 10 but count to 5 twice or count, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, up to 5. It just makes it easier and I'm less likely to quit early. Just a little trick to get me there. :s:

Well, did you make it through another day! Let us know what day you're on! :spin:
Okay, I've made it through Day 3! Hurrah! :dance: It's Day 4 and I'm going to do it. This time around seems especially hard. Maybe it's because there is so much downer kind of stuff happening in my life now. :cry: But I'm going to be strong. Eating sugar does NOT help anything. :nono: No sense sticking my head in the sand yet again!

Heh, everyone, where are you!?! Having a fun weekend I hope! Come in and tell us how you're doing! :write:

deleted2
09-06-2003, 08:14 PM
Day 10 down! [I love it when I get into the double digits!] Probably went a bit over my allotted calories, but am still calling the day a success. Did 4 miles on the treadmill and 30 min. of yoga and had lots of water. BTW, for me for some strange reason, it's easier to drink lots of water from a pint-size water bottle. Maybe it makes me feel athletic or something?!:lol:

Marti
09-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Today is day 4 and I'm drinking a glass of water as I sit here typing away. I started out the day not doing very well at all. Didn't drink anything all day, since I was busy moving. But once I got home and relaxed... I've drank 6 glasses and I'm on my 7/8th. So I have to say I'm doing pretty good with keeping up with it!!

Redballoon- thank you for the tip on drinking water. I usually drink from a 20oz. water bottle. But for some reason haven't been doing that. I find that drinking from the water bottle is easier to get the water down. Just like Eydie. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe it's because we tend to tilt the bottle and swig rather than sip it out of the glass!! So maybe I'll drag that water bottle out tomorrow and use it. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the encouragement!!! (and thank you Eydie for reminding me about the water bottle!!)

Marti

Hotsplashes
09-06-2003, 10:36 PM
Howdie Doodie folks! Day 6 here...ate well today after a big celebration dinner at a friends...I pigged out...I am sorry to say...but Was right back in the saddle today. I am so proud to see everyone doing so well, even if they fall off the wagon...trick is to get right back on....hehehe and this is coming from the horse person and queen of falling off!!

See everyone Monday afternoon as I am gone for a BIG all day trailride!!!

FunAtA2d
09-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Day 3 -- Journaling and exercise goals daily goal -- success!!! Red balloon -- pleased you "got" my handle :) You made a comment in a post "...See, it's not about deprivation. It's about YOU callin' the shots!... " Wonderful words to remember! We so often view our choices as deprivation rather than viewing our choices as empowerment. It's great to be reminded of that fact often. Seeing yourself as a victor versus a victim.

Anyway, thanks to all for the support. It's great to read the posts and so encouraging.

Have a great day!!

Ima_Chub
09-06-2003, 11:28 PM
Hello All!
I'm new here, but already I can tell this is a very caring group. I'm ready to jump in too. Now that the weather has cooled off a bit, I'm going to start walking daily.
Just one thing at a time for me, for now. If I don't take it slow, I know I'll get overwhelmed and stessed. Don't need that!

deleted2
09-07-2003, 07:26 AM
Weighed myself this morning and I'm only maintaining this week. Gotta admit I'm a bit disappointed, I was really getting used to seeing those numbers go down! I have to find a way to shake things up this week--my goal is to lose a pound in the next 7 days [at least!].

xDas7x
09-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Hia ll!

Day 3 I believe and ive been keeping up with my goal of 15 situps a day and 5 pushups!! :) im so proud.

im also in the Jewels Within Thread and have made my goal for this week to drink a lot of water and work out!! hooray. good luck everyone!!!!!!

DewCan
09-07-2003, 01:20 PM
Hi All
Yeah BoBeena on day 19, you're almost there. Eydie, double digits, good for you. Maybe it was only water retention to blame for your maintain. I'm on day 5 for my water, exercise and situps, I'm sure I'll be successful today.
Diana

redballoon
09-07-2003, 07:05 PM
Hurrah for Eydie, now into the double digits! 4 miles on the treadmill and yoga, I'd say with just a bit of extra calories you are still most definitely a success! :spin: That takes a lot of determination to do 4 miles on the treadmill. :cp: Good for you Eydie. Yes, actually I always drink water from a bottle except when I put ice in it and even then a lot of times I put the bottle in the freezer until it's just full of ice but still mostly liquid. That's great in the summer and I love crunching the ice! I usually buy water in 2 liter bottles here and it's easy to go through a couple. I don't like those bottle you have to squirt the water into your mouth in though but I guess they're still better than sipping. Good idea! Oh, and heh, don't be down about the scale though I know it's a bummer when the numbers don't reflect your efforts immediately. It doesn't necessarily mean you're only maintaining though. It's likely the progress is just staying undercover for a while. Don't measure yourself and your efforts by external things like scales too much. :nono: You know when you're doing things right. There really is no cheating with this game.

Congrats to M.N.J. on making it to Day 4. Looks like you're doing A-OK! with the water! I really chug the water and there's nothing like a big heavy bottle to make it go down easier. Keep up the good work! :dancer:

Horseperson, Hotsplashes, on to Day 6. Hope that trail ride was fun! I ride too and find there is just so much from riding that correlates to life in general. Getting right back into the "saddle" after a fall is one of them and oh so important! It's not about falling down. It's about GETTIN' BACK UP!! Good for you! :dizzy:

FunAtA2d, :bravo: to you for getting to Day 3. So happy to hear something I said helped you! Support goes around, comes around, doesn't it!? I've got to start keeping the food journal too. I did it on my last challenge but didn't this time. I think I was a little burned out and didn't take much time in between challenges and just went with the no sugar part. But I see now how important it is to write things down. Just keeps me from forgetting all the things I so easily stuff into my mouth. Is there such a thing as carpal syndrome for the elbow from excessive movement to the mouth!?! :rolleyes: Well, good luck to you! Keep on truckin' Fun! :cb:

And, a big welcome to Ima_Chub! :spin: But that name, heh, what are you goin' to do when you're a sleek, svelte babe?? But, I love it. Got some humor here! So, hop on in!The water's fine! Yeah, I think we've got a great bunch of really positive people here. It's hard not to be positive when you see yourself making an effort every day. Even if the outcome isn't always the best we just get up, brush ourselves off and move on. And THAT's the kind of thing that really gives you a boost. So, are you counting down from today? Give us a report! We'll be a'lookin' for you!

xDas7x, Hurrah for getting to Day 3. Steady does it. That's the way to stay motivated. It's great to be really up and gung-ho but that can tire you out. Think of yourself as a big Harley just purring along, powerful and oh so cool. But onto Day 3 without a glitch, wow, I hope your pride is building!
And look at that, major momentum movin' you along in more action, more goals. You're just powering along, aren't you? :dancer: And heh, the jewel is not just WITHIN, it's out there too! Don't forget it. It's just a shame that in most of our societies we've got a lot of people blind to the beauty around them. Don't you buy into their sad mistake!

Let's give DewCan a high five for her triple mega-challenge. Talk about purrin' along strong and steady. Keep it up! :spin:

Okay, people, I made it through Day 4 and it wasn't easy. I was out and yearning for sweets. Train stations filled with goodies. I went in to three bakeries yesterday, looked around for some nonsweet stuff, found nothing and walked out emptyhanded. If I'm home I'll get some sweet fruit on days like this but couldn't yesterday. But I just refused to give in. Man, like is sugar just everywhere or what!?!? :eek:

Well, keep up the good work, everyone. I am so inspired by all your efforts. Your power is mine! Power on! :strong:

Marti
09-07-2003, 09:25 PM
Looks like everyone is doing very good with their 21 day challenge. I'm glad to see this is here. Picking one thing to do everyday for 21 days, then moving onto something new, is an excellent idea!

It's day 5 for me and I've done well. I've downed three and half 20oz. water bottles today. Not to shabby!!:smug: And using the water bottle is so much easier to get the water in!!

Do you do this 21day challenge all the time?? Because I'm already thinking of what I want to do for the next one. If so,,, let me know and count me in!!!

I congratulate EVERYONE on their success with this!! It is inspirational to me to see that others are in the same boat as I am and seeing everyone succeed helps me feel better knowing that I too will succeed. What great place.

Thanks everyone

Marti

redballoon
09-07-2003, 10:01 PM
Heh, M.N.J., good to see you're drinking all that water. It's really important and your body will love you!

About this challenge. Amarantha started it and I did it twice. When she moved on to greener pastures I took up the baton and have continued it and started this last one. I get a lot out of it and I too look forward to the next challenge and the next even if I do the same thing. And remember, it can be behavioral changes too that may not be really directly related to eating or exercise but still will affect that in the end, so yeah, I plan to keep it going. Glad to know you're enjoying it!

DewCan
09-08-2003, 01:29 AM
Thanks Red Balloon for the support. I was successful at day 5. Again I almost didn't exercise as I got an unexpected visitor just as we were about to go for a walk. But I found an old exercise video and did it late tonight.
Diana

redballoon
09-08-2003, 01:49 AM
:bravo: to you DewCan for Day 5 under your belt. That was an awesome save on the exercise! Hurrah for you!! That's really inspiring! :cp:

Hotsplashes
09-08-2003, 05:57 AM
Just dropping in today ladies after a busy weekend....I know it's not weigh in till Thursday...but I AM DOWN TO 180.5!!!! What a way to start the day! HAve a great day everyone!

redballoon
09-08-2003, 06:47 AM
Hotsplashes, that's great news! :cb: That means you're only half a pound from your goal for this challenge. That's great to hear. You must be so happy! :dance: I'm really happy for you!

Bo-Beena
09-08-2003, 11:52 AM
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

I DID it!! Made it through 21 days!! This weekend went really well. Thank you all for your support!

Tomorrow I'll start Day 1, doing the same challenge but adding working out 4x/wk instead of the 3x I do now.

I do really well on my water only cause I drink it from a water bottle. Glasses I can never do!

:wave: Hope you all are having a great monday(tuesday?redballoon?)

BoBeena

FunAtA2d
09-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Day 4 -- Kept my journal even though I went over my top limit (by 7 WW points). Usually, if I find I'm going over my limit in points or if I don't journal and think I've exceeded my points, I say "ta' heck" with it and make poor choices. The "all or nothing" rule. Because I made a commitment to myself and all of you, I kept the journal regardless. The benefit was that I only exceeded my limit by 7 points versus giving up and exceeding by a lot of points. I also met my commitment of exercising.

DewCan
09-08-2003, 05:23 PM
BoBeena :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:
You did it. 21 days.
I've done 6 days. Not quite as impressive. I've had all my water by 3 pm, (I'm impressed with that), done my situps, and my exercise (2 mile walk).
Diana

deleted2
09-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Bo-Beena I'm so happy for you that you made it thru all the parties--I know how difficult that can be. Sooo, what are you going to do to reward yourself? Share!

DewCan, You're doing splendidly!

FunAtA2d, I don't know what I'd do without my journal. On the left I write down my food, and on the right I talk about all the emotional stuff and where I might've slipped and strategies to do it better next time, etc.

HotSplashes, you're doing so well!

RedBalloon, could you share some of your ideas for avoiding sugar? You're right, it's everywhere!

MNJ, XDasX7x, how goes it?

I've had a great day! Calorie total for the day 1325 and I had loads of food. I did 5 miles on the treadmill, 20 min. Of Pilates, 20 min. of yoga, and 25 min of dumbell exercises---and tons of water.
I hope tomorrow is 1/2 as good. I have to do lunch for 50 people and that's always a bit stressful, tos ay the least!

Hotsplashes
09-08-2003, 07:19 PM
WOOHOO!! Look at all the wonderful 21 Day people!

MNJ, Glad you could join us! Keep on going! You're doing great!

Dewcan, Edyie, Redballoon, Funat, you are bunch of go getters! I hope we all do another 21 day list again soon. It seems alot of us are at the same day or close to it! So lets keep it up!

BO BEEEEEEEENNNNAAAAa !!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY you did your 21 challenge!!! Congratulations...time to do another one! Keep up the good work!

Marti
09-08-2003, 10:35 PM
Hello everyone!

I didn't realize how many are doing this. This is great. How inspirational. And you are all so welcoming. I post with the Jaded Ladies also... and I come to find that no matter where you post, you're always welcomed!::)

Well, it doesn't feel like day 6, but I guess it is... and I did great today with the water. I drank four of those 20oz bottles of water and I'm on the last one for the day. So that would be....five!! My bladder is angry with me, but I've done this before and I will eventually get used to it. Nothing like dreaming your swimming in the ocean!!:D

Congratulations to Bo-beena for making it to 21 days!!:hat: :dance: :cp: You've inspired me to keep going!!

Hi to everyone and I will check back in tomorrow.

Marti

redballoon
09-09-2003, 01:25 AM
HURRAH Bo-Beena!! Congratulations on completing your 21-Day Challenge! :cp: Hats off to you for getting through some very rough party days as well! :cheers: Yes, please tell us how you are going to reward yourself for this amazing feat!

And I'm very impressed with the jumping right in to the NEXT CHALLENGE :encore: You are surely an inspiration to many people doing this challenge, including ME! So, thank you! :sunny:

:bravo: to FunAtA2d, who has made it through Day 4 and with excellent insight into the rather horrible phrase. . . NOT throwing the baby out with the bath water! Well, it kind of relates, right? I know JUST how that is and that is why I MUST get back to keeping a journal myself. I used to do the "what the heck" routine too. Like I'd slip up and have a bit of some "forbidden food" and then just call the day a total loss and gorge on every sort of forbidden food under the sun and then some! Hello?!?!? What kind of skewed, warped, twisted logic is this? Oh, just me! Kind of like, "Oops I've stubbed my toe. Well, might as well just take a sledgehammer and bash my whole foot with it, right?! :lol: Ok, little sick humor there. No, but really, that was a great save, Fun. Are you doing these awesome saves just to keep us oohing and ahhing? :gossip: Well, you're doing a good job of it! Keep it up! :high:

Oh, DewCan, 6 days IS impressive :cp: :bravo: to you! And getting it out of the way early too. This girl doesn't fool around! :smug:

Wow, Eydie, that WAS an excellent day! :cb: Way to go! 5 miles on the treadmill!? You're going to be covering coast to coast at this rate! :flow1:
Oh, and I don't think I have any special ideas for avoiding sugar, really. I just force myself to read labels and I stay away from bakery bread cause (at least here) most of it has a lot of sugar in it. When you stay away from sugar for a while you can really taste it lurking in foods that aren't labeled as containing sugar.

I also decided not to have any sweeteners because I wanted to wean myself off the ultra sweet taste and that's really the only way to do it. If I must have something sweet (not naturally sweet) I'll have a bit of sugarless gum. But the best thing is, as a indulgence, to have some of the sweeter fruits, like pineapple or watermelon. I don't do that often though because anything that gets me back in that sweet mindset is likely to just make staying away from sugar harder.

Basically I just don't have any sugar-containing foods around me. Now, I know that would be hard with a family but it's just me and my cats. I have considered eating some of the brown sugar cubes I have for my horse but I have resisted! Thank God. Also, I make fresh vegetable juice and drink that in mega quantities. That seems to do something good with my blood sugar or alkaline levels or something and I dont' get cravings. I have been wanting sugar the past couple days and I hadn't been drinking the juice so today I bought the veggies and they're sitting there waiting to be transformed into my magic drink! Well, I'd say more (after saying I had nothing to say, huh?!) but I don't want to hog space here.

Heh, Hotsplashes, I'm right there with you. It's really a commitment thing, isn't it? and saying I'm going to do it and being accountable to you all does make it happen. WHO makes it happen? YOU make it happen! I make it happen! (Heh, I'll have to use this as an exercise teaching English to some students of mine! :lol:

M.N.J., :bravo: to you on chugging that water down. Oh, don't worry about the bladder. It's just surprised probably. Did you really dream you were swimming in the ocean? By the way, if that's you in the picture with the equally adorable chihuahua (spelling?) then you are much too young to be jaded! :joker: Keep up the good work. We's here for ya!

Marti
09-09-2003, 01:47 AM
Much to young? I'm 32. The picture was taken in Feb or March. So it's recent. (if almost a year is recent)

No, I didn't really dream of swimming in the ocean, but let me tell you, there is always something about water or a toilet in my dreams lately!! Terrible isn't it?

Before I go....I drank five of those things and I'm getting used to just grabbing the bottle and taking a swig. It's the last one for the night!!

Until tomorrow ladies...
Marti

redballoon
09-09-2003, 02:16 AM
OK, M.N.J., don't rub it in! :lol: You are very young-looking in that pic! I would have said 20 or so. Anyhow, I was just kidding. That is funny about the water/toilet dreams though.

Good luck on keeping it up! Grab. . .swig . . .grab . . .swig. Heh, you could do it to music! :dancer:

deleted2
09-09-2003, 06:19 AM
Thanks for sharing your pic with us, MNJ. You are absolutely gorgeous!!!
It's always fun seeing what different posters look like. Sometimes it mayches my 'vision' of them, sometimes not.

FunAtA2d
09-09-2003, 08:32 AM
Day 5 -- challenge still alive. Maintained by journal and exercised today. For me, keeping a food journal helps my awareness level of how much/what I truly am consuming. I now need to stay within my points range (WW). I read your posts each time I log in and do so appreciate that we are "all in this together."

Have a super day!!

Marti
09-09-2003, 02:54 PM
Good morning-
Or should I say almost "afternoon"?

Day 7 and doing strong. Already a bottle and half down. I have started to notice, that the more I drink the more I feel thirsty.... has anyone had that happen? I don't remember that from before... maybe my body is just really dehydrated. Last night I thought that after 5 bottles, I would have had enough, but I ended up feeling thirsty and drank some more before bed. Does this sound normal? Let me know what you think.

Eydie- I have to say that you are being silly by telling me I'm gorgeous. I've never seen myself that way... Thank you for the compliment.
Redballoon- I usually have people thinking I'm a lot younger than I am, and sometimes, I get frustrated, and other times I get quite smug about it. Let's hope when I turn 60 I'll still get people to think I'm younger.:D

Do any of you have post from the past with photos? I would like to see them if you do.

Ok, I'll post more later and update you on my water intake.
Have a great day.
marti

deleted2
09-09-2003, 07:05 PM
FunAtA2D, I agree, I think journaling is the best. I see myself doing it for the rest of my life.

I made lunch for 50 people today and I've decided that I need to finally [after 10 years] start giving myself some credit for controlling myself around all that food! And after working for 9 hours today I came home and walked 4 miles on the treadmill. I'm proud of that--normally I would've talked myself out of it. Oooh, more changes!

MNJ, I don't know why, but I'm also inclined to drink more water. I'm up to 13 cups so far today. My main motivation is it makes my skin look so much brighter and clearer. Speaking of that, you have to open up those big exotic eyes of yours and see yourself as gorgeous! And your complexion---like butter!!!!

redballoon
09-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Hello, everyone. I made it through Day 6 OK, no sugar! :cp: for me!

FunAtA2d, Good for you and making it to Day 5. I'm so glad you enjoy coming here. This place has become a real habit for me. A good habit at last! :dance: Today, I am definitely restarting the food journal, thanks to your reminder. I did look for it yesterday but couldn't find it. Today I will do a thorough search.

Good morning M.N.J. or whatever time you may have right now. I see you're in Oregon, by the way. I've never been there but hear it's beautiful. :bravo: to you for going strong on Lucky 7. Well, I don't know about feeling thirstier but perhaps that's the way it works. To be honest, I could never understand people who don't drink water because I don't see how they could NOT. I am constantly drinking water, love to. Maybe that's why. Maybe once your body has enough fluids and is used to not being starved for fluid it starts asking for it regularly again. The other thing is just that different days, different humidities even and you will be losing more fluid through your pores. You could also be retaining water for any number of reasons and your body wants the extra stores. Be careful and don't drink too much caffeinated drinks. They will make you thirsty because they are very hard on your kidneys. The extra water will help your kidneys though. You could also have had salty foods.

And M.N.J., Eydie is NOT silly for saying you're gorgeous. :nono: I think you're a stunner as well with those big expressive eyes. If you never thought of yourself as gorgeous maybe you should start. Stop selling yourself short! So many of us have poor self-image, it's sad. :)

About photos, I don't have any of me except just one with someone else and I was hesitant to post it with her in it. I have been meaning to make some pictures for "before" and then "later" (being optimistic here). I want to do it with too small clothes for the before. I saw someone's diet journal on another Website and she had a great idea. She wore a leotard under an outfit so even though the clothes were open and way too small you could take the photo. Then when she lost weight she could wear the same outfit so you could really gauge the difference.

redballoon
09-09-2003, 07:40 PM
Eydie, you and I must have been typing at the same time.
Good, good for you for getting through the lunch for 50 successfully. :cp: Yes, you should most definitely be giving yourself a very big hand for control like that. That is pretty awesome stuff. I'm glad you're realizing that. And after 9 hours of work (and I bet a lot of that if not all was on your feet, right?) you come home and walk 4 miles on the treadmill! Wow! You see, it's so easy to see things in other people (see M.N.J. it's those eyes!!) but we fail or choose not to see our own strengths and victories. Hats off to you! :cool:

DewCan
09-09-2003, 11:42 PM
Hi All
Seems you're all staying on track with the 21day challenge. I've succeeded with day 7. 3 hours of weeding, that should count for my 30 minutes exercise. God Bless

Marti
09-10-2003, 12:34 AM
Wow, you are all something else. Thank you for the compliments. Do I really have expressive eyes? I'm going to have to go look in the mirror now!:dizzy:

I've drank my 8+ glasses (or rather 4+ 20oz bottles) of water today. I'm succeeding and it feels great. Of coarse, I'm no where near 13 cups! Wow.....
I've been thinking lots of what I want to do next time...on top of drinking my water. So much to choose from......

Yes Oregon is beautiful. I love the moutains and the trees. The rain I can do without some of the time. But it's not so bad either.

I feel I have much more to write, but I'm being called. So I will tune in tomorrow.

Marti

P.S. I'm going to go look at those eyes now ladies........;)

friendsforfitness
09-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Hi everyone,
I read a lot of the posts in here and it sounds very motivating. I'd like to jump in with my 21 day goal as well. I want to do the water thing. 64 ounces a day. Yesterday was my first time drinking that amount for as long as I can remember! Today will begin my 21 day challenge and so far I have had30ounces of water. Good luck to all!

Lisa

redballoon
09-10-2003, 03:29 PM
HELLO friendsforfitness! Welcome aboard. I'm so glad you found us :wave:

Actually, you could say you're on Day 2, no? Well, you know when you want to start the countdown. Good luck and I hope to hear from you often here! Bottoms up!! :dancer:

xDas7x
09-10-2003, 03:44 PM
On day 6 and going strong!!
I weighed myself yesterday and lost another 5lbs.. that makes 10 total!! im VERY happy!

I just worked out too on the walker (it exercises both arms and legs.. i guess a ski machine or something) and walked 4.5 miles, sometimes vigorously.. since i popped in a good dance cd to walk to!

I also did 15 situps and 10 pushups... (well they werent full but the best i could do.. not all the way tot he ground cause im too weak right now..- to make up for yesterdays loss since i only did situps!)

good luck everyone!!

friendsforfitness
09-10-2003, 04:29 PM
Thanks Redballoon. I'm now on 43 ounces down and 21 more to go for the day. Yeah I'm just gonna start with today. I have to get this water habit ingrained in my brain, so one more day is just that much more cement for me.

Lisa

FunAtA2d
09-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Day 6 & 7 -- Journaled and exercised...Whoo hoo!!!

M.N.J. -- I, too, feel thirsty the more water I drink. I don't know the scientic reason for it, however. For years, I rarely drank any liquid during the day and didn't feel thirst. Isn't that weird? Great job on getting all your water each day!!!

Have a great day!!

deleted2
09-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Welcome FriendsForFitness! This is a great thread--I can't tell you allthe times it's kept me on track knowing that I have to come back for my daily report!

xDas7x---congrats on the getting rid of those 5 pounds forever. You're my inspiration today!:strong: :cheers:

Day 14 down for me! Did 4 miles on the treadmill, and a 1/2 hour step video, and a 1/2 hour belly dancing video. I actually craved exercise today!!!

Marti
09-10-2003, 11:11 PM
Welcome Lisa! You'll enjoy this site very much. Everyone is so wonderful and supportive. A great place to come to and chat and keep ourselves motivated.

xDas7x- Excellent job on the 5lbs.!! Way to go!!:cb: :bravo: You got me going.... I wanna keep up with what I have going here and just seeing people share their losses, helps so much!! Plus, I'm just darned proud of you!!

DewCan- I had to reread your post, I thought you wrote that you had weeded 7.3 hrs.!! I was thinking.... WOW! Then I got it.:^:
I think 3hrs. of weeding should count for more than 30mins. of excercising. That's an excellent arm/upper body workout!! You'd be surprised at what you've done to your muscles.

Well everyone, I wish I could just lie and say I drank my full amount of water today... but that would just be wrong. I didn't. I only drank a total of 40oz. I would like to get in 80 every day, but I just didn't today. So I guess I slacked a little. But not to worry, I will do much better tomorrow. Right now I'm on my 3rd. bottle. I will definately get that down.

Ok,,, gotta get going. Take care ladies.

Marti

Marti
09-10-2003, 11:14 PM
Whoa-

I just realized that I wrote to you earlier on another post xDas7x-- I congratulated you there too!! Fantastic!! And you're still an inspiration!:)

DewCan
09-11-2003, 01:01 AM
You guys are all so motivated. I wish I was too. I'm dealing with Postpartum depression and find no motivation for anything on some days. :( Well, I succeeded on my day 8 for water, exercise, and situps. I see MNJ how you read that. I guess I should have been more observant. ;)

redballoon
09-11-2003, 01:21 AM
DewCan, Good going on 7 days down. I'm sorry for having posted without mentioning you. You must have been posting at the same time. It wasn't until I read M.N.J.'s mention of the 7.3 hours of weeding :lol: that I looked back and found it. Good for you for staying on track! :cp: Oh, and what's this!! I just sent an email and saw you've posted again. Sorry to hear about the postpartum depression and lack of motivation. Heh, we may sound all rah! rah! all the time but a lot of it is about smiling and hoping the happy part follows! And here you are, Ms. Unmotivation and you've made it through yet another day of your triple challenge. Now this may not be motivation but if it does the trick keep it up! DewCan. You are a Can Do kind of person! :dance:

Heh, M.N.J., did you take a good look at those beautiful eyes? I hope so. Ok, so a little slow on the water intake today? No problem I'm sure. You've been doing so well. Keep that momentum going. We are rooting for you, OK? :cp:

xDas7x, There you are. I was starting to worry where you'd gone to. Good to see you're staying on track. Another 5 lbs!! This is mega good news! :cb: Sounds like you have some cool machines. Are those your own or do you work out at gym. Oh, yes, and vigorous walking to dance music. You're shaking baby! Does your "ski machine" have your legs on the flat or do they kind of go up and down too? If it's the up and down thing it's probably what they call an elliptical trainer. My feet always get numb on those but they're really probably. I tend to jog on the treadmill and always have my own compilations of heavy rock music to keep me going!

Okay, friendsforfitness, we're counting you in from today! Good luck! :spin:

A big :bravo: for FunAtA2d for making it through Day 7. The momentum is building. Fun is gonna get there, you can count on it!

Eydie, Hurrah for you and Day 14. Wooh! Belly dancing! :o Now, that is major shaking of the old booty! Craving exercise!?!? I love it! (the fact that you are craving it, I mean) :flow1:

And for me, this is Day 8 and it's about half over. But I've got some stressful hours ahead, two jobs and translation waiting. But I'm going to stay away from the sugar, I am! :smug:

xDas7x
09-11-2003, 02:49 AM
Hi all!

Thanks again to everyone for your encouragement!! I really appreciate it!! :) :) :) Trust me you ALL are MY inspiration... I know it sounds cheesy but.. this message board keeps me going too.... jus tknowing that Im not the only one trying to win this fight!!!

Redballon,
the ski machine.. i guess.. lol im not really sure what its called.... it isnt really electrical or anything it just works on you moving ur arms when ur legs move.. the same thing as the Gazelle (attached) but it isnt the Gazelle, its by some other company and looks a little different!

friendsforfitness
09-11-2003, 08:01 AM
YAY for me I drank 64 ounces of water yesterday too! Whoo hooo! It is getting somewhat easier each day, I think. I guess we'll truly see as the count down continues.
Day 2 success!
Today is day 3 for me, wish me luck!
Good luck to all of you as well!

Lisa

michireiko
09-11-2003, 02:52 PM
My doctor put me on an all vegan diet, and it's really hard for me because I'm a meat and cheese lover! The first day, I ate a piece of cheese, the second, third, and fourth days - I was clean, but last night... on day 6... I ate a big bowl of meaty chili with cheese! So, my 21 day challenge is to NOT EAT MEAT!

Bo-Beena
09-11-2003, 04:27 PM
hello ladies!

I 've only got a minute, sorry. I see new faces, welcome!!
Glad to see so many people doing this. Edyie you are almost there!!

BTW my reward was to read for a couple of hours all snuggled up in bed with NO GUILT. It was wonderful!

Gotta go pack, going camping this weekend.

See ya :wave:

BoBeena

redballoon
09-11-2003, 05:11 PM
This is just a quick note because I'm running here, too much work, xDas7x, I don't know either what that machine is. It looks quite out of this world! I'm so glad we're helping you out. I come in here now like a habit. It keeps me away from the sugar and boy, these days, I'd be pigging like crazy.

Ok, I made it through Day 8. Wish me luck on 9!

friends, congrats to you for a successful day! That's a lot of water to drink and you're doing great stuff for yourself. Keep it up! :cp:

Bo-Beena, you and I were typing at the same time. I just saw your post. Glad to hear from you. Have a great time camping!

michireiko, What's this!?! A new member!? Hello there. How are you and welcome aboard. :wave: That sounds like a tough challenge. I was vegan for a long time and it was OK to do but now I don't because I just have no time to prepare food. Good luck!

michireiko
09-11-2003, 05:12 PM
Thats a very good and reasonable reward! My reward for not cheating constantly in my vegan diet is that I get to eat whatever I want at Thanksgiving dinner :D I'm supposed to be a total vegan for at least 90 days, but in that time I'm allowed to have meat or meat products 3 times. My diet started the 5th, and since I've cheated twice, that leaves me one more meat binge! I'm gonna save it for Thanksgiving because I looooove Thanksgiving dinner! My mouth is watering, so I should shut up ^_^

Redballoon - we posted at the same time! So I have to ask - did the vegan diet help you lose weight? In the past week I've lost one pound

friendsforfitness
09-11-2003, 05:51 PM
Day 3 has been a success! I finished my 64 ounces of water before 5pm even! I'm still drinking it....WILLINGLY. (i scare me)LOL
Anyways Kudos to all and many wishes for great success tomorrow as well.

Take Care and keep smilin'
Lisa

michireiko
09-11-2003, 07:07 PM
I'm not going to my mom's anymore! She's a bad influence. I won't say why, but I will say I have no willpower.

Soooooo... Day one begins tomorrow!

redballoon
09-11-2003, 07:10 PM
:bravo: to you friendsforfitness for a successful Day 3. Awesome power is scary, isn't it?! You are awesome! :cb:

michireiko, just a quick message to you here. I'm still in running mode. No, be careful with thinking vegan is a ticket to weight loss. Fat and sugar are still the enemies and perhaps even more so because you may be trying to compensate for the other foods you are missing. I would highly recommend you stay away from processed foods as much as possible and try if at all in your power to cut out sugar. This is my challenge and cutting out sugar has been the real help to weight loss.

Heh, by the way, a Hamasaki fan (I just saw her on TV on the morning "wide shows") and with your handle, you sound Japanese. Are you?

michireiko
09-11-2003, 08:52 PM
I am not Japanese.

I'm not allowed to have much sugar. I'm allowed to have one sweet every 2 weeks. I'm not on <i>just</i> the vegan diet. I'm on macrobiotics.

friendsforfitness
09-11-2003, 09:36 PM
Hang in there Michireiko. You have been doing pretty well by the looks of it. Take it just one day at a time. I couldn't even imagine begining a vegan diet. I don't think I would even know where to begin for that matter.
Tomorrow will be better,
Lisa

michireiko
09-11-2003, 10:02 PM
I got put on it by my doctor because I've been having a lot of chest pains. She said do it for 3 months. She said my weight should slide off, and I need to get down to at least 160-170 range. I've always wanted to lose weight, but I'm sad it had to come to doctors orders. I guess better late than never!!

I already started again. I ate my soy burger with my soy cheese for supper. Along with my fresh picked green beans (I'm not supposed to eat any canned foods) and tomorrow things will be back to 'normal'.

Marti
09-11-2003, 10:09 PM
Boy time flys doesn't it?? Already on day 9 for me. Feels like I just started.

I did VERY well with my water today. I drank 80oz so far today!! Hurray!! Been busy moving stuff out of my old house and cleaning it up. So I've been sweating like crazy. Drinking the water was easy today. Wish I could say it was easy EVERYDAY!!

Michireiko- Good luck on the Vegan diet. I think that would be the hardest thing for me to try... even if it was doctors orders. I like your "cheat" day you have saved. Thanksgiving is such a great time to eat isn't it?? Why do families have to make sooo much GOOD foods??

Lisa- I see you're doing great with the water too. Are you having to get up in the middle of the night?? When I started I was having to more than once, but I believe my body is liking what I'm doing and I've gotten used to it!! I'm liking it quite a bit.

Redballoon- Good luck with day 9!! Is your challenge to stay away from sweets?? How are can that be?? That would be tough for me. But everything is tough for me, so I guess I should say I couldn't do it without trying... right?

Well I hope everyone is doing great with there challenge. And Hi to all that I missed. (sorry) Gotta get used to all who is here,, which is a lot. And that's great!!!

Talk with you all tomorrow.
Marti

p.s. Redballoon- I looked at my eyes and just saw them scowling back at me.
:lol:

DewCan
09-11-2003, 10:14 PM
Hi all
well I succeeded with day 9, I walked over two hours (6.5 miles) for my 30 minutes of exercise. Tomorrow is weigh in and even with all my exercise, I know I've gained weight :( Hope you're all well.

michireiko
09-11-2003, 11:20 PM
Good job with the days! It's good to see you all going strong! Not too much longer :D

Wow 6.5 miles... I would have died on mile 2! Don't worry - if you gain and have been exercising, it's probably muscle gain ^_^

And everyone - keep it up with the water!! It's such a good thing to do for yourself :D

deleted2
09-12-2003, 06:15 AM
Just passing thru!:) Off to work, I'll be cooking, arranging, serving food all day. Have a group there from 8:00--5:00 and they'll want food available all day. Send up a thought for me to avoid mindless nibbling, please.;)

friendsforfitness
09-12-2003, 07:15 AM
Kudos to you Girl! Jumping right back in is the best thing to do! Be very proud of yourself!

Keep Smilin'
Lisa

michireiko
09-12-2003, 08:49 AM
Ok, I'm gonna do 2 things at once.

1. be a little nicer to my vegan diet.
2. stop cussing.

I think number 2 will flop, but can't hurt to try!

friendsforfitness
09-12-2003, 11:04 AM
Hiya M.N.J.! Yes I do have to get up several times at night, but I have been drinking my water so early in the day it's down to just once lately. Yesterday I was done by 5pm. Today is going a little slower I think, so far I have drank 24 ounces of that fruit2o. I like that a lot!Good job on day nine M.N.J.!

Michireiko- Good luck on tackling two things at once! I am a whimp so I'm just starting out slowly with just this water thing.

Have a great day everybody!
Lisa

FunAtA2d
09-12-2003, 12:09 PM
Day 8 --- Success!! I'm journaling and exercising. You guys are all doing great! I read every post and find them a source of encouragement.

Have a great day!

michireiko
09-12-2003, 02:52 PM
Ok... So far, my first goal of not chowing down on a cow has been a success. But my other one... It's also been a success but I want to scream a long string of explitives...

Last night, my mom asked if I could pick her up from work and let her borrow my car. I said sure because I love my mommy. Well she called me and told me she was ready, so when I went outside, there was a semi truck parked in front of my driveway!!!! So I called my mom and told her, and she got really upset because she needed to be to my step brothers school... thing. Anyway, she called the police and within 5 minutes, the truck was moved so I sped to the bank to pick mom up... AND SHE WASN'T THERE!! She took someone elses car and didn't even tell me :mad:

Darken
09-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Hi everybody! I followed Lisa and Michireiko over from our other thread, thought this might be a good place for me to get myself on track. I had previously tried another challenge board, but those girls were all so advanced, it was a little intimidating to even think about keeping up.I have a bad habit of jumping in all gung ho and then getting disgusted or bored after a couple of weeks. I want to make small changes this time that will last, so that I can find long-term lasting success, instead of the doing the yo-yo thing over and over again.

So my 21 day challenge to myself is:
1) Get a minimum of 64oz water down every day
2) Stop expecting overnight perfection
3) Do at least 20 mins of exercise daily

Challenge Begins: September 12,2003
21st Day: October 3, 2003

michireiko
09-12-2003, 10:15 PM
You have great goals Darken! I totally understand what you mean by jumping in and then expecting perfection instantly! I've learned to look at it this way - I didn't get fat over night even though it seemed that way, so I won't get skinny over night, but someday I might be able to say it seemed that way!

I haven't cussed! I haven't eaten meat! YAY! Day one was a success!!

redballoon
09-12-2003, 10:37 PM
Hello there all. I've been so busy I haven't gotten time to get many posts written but I'm reading all of yours and wishing you the best all along. I've made it to Day 10 and feel pretty strong about it now that I'm over some of the rougher spots of this past week.

Hey michireiko, How are you doing? What day are you on with your challenge? I'm a little confused as to how you're gauging your challenge and countdown. The best way to make this challenge work is by keeping the rules sweet and simple. So tell us a number, OK. And then we can root for you!! :cp: I love your writing style by the way, ''chowing down on a cow'' Great way of putting it! :lol: Oh, and, ok, you're not Japanese but you've got it listed in your profile as an interest. C'mon, mystery person, clue us in on your enigmatic personality!!

friendsoffitness, Thanks for all your supportive posts. You sound like a real sweetie and I'm so glad you joined us. What day are you on? I'm sorry I've lost track.

M.N.J, :bravo: to you for making it to Day 9! Nine is fine! Yes, my challenge (this is my third) have been based on eating NO sugar or sweetener (except the little bit I allow, sweetener that is, in a bit of sugarless chewing gum). It can be tough at times but the benefits are fantastic. The fat has always centered around my waist (where it should be!) and now it's leaving it. I think I'm one of these insulin resistant types or whatever they're called. If I have just a little bit of sugar I become like a rolling boulder crashing down a hill picking up moss or whatever it is rolling boulders pick up. Cravings disappear if I stay totally away from it, including all sorts of lurking, added sugars in sauces, dressings, breads, etc. And I also don't eat honey or brown sugar because it tends to be processed as well.

DewCan, Congrats to you for Day 9. :cloud9: :cp: Two hours of walking! Wow! :dancer: Don't take any scale reading to heart though. Even if the scale says higher you have no doubt lost fat or are about to lose it. The body needs time to adjust and get the fat out of your system. It may be on its way out but just is still in there (like a traffic jam on the expressway exit ramp) and that still weighs something. Don't be discouraged. Slow and steady! No panic, OK?!

Eydie, I am sending you waves of powerful energy to keep you IN CONTROL in moments when temptation is strong! You have been doing so well. Keep it up, OK! :smug:

And FunAt2d has made it to 8! Great for Eight! :bravo: I'm glad we're all encouraging you Fun. You are our encouragement so don't forget to be here for us, too, OK? ;)

Welcome Darken, with your three-way challenge. I like the not expecting perfection part too. So much of it is mindset! Power to you! Oh, and heh, this is a great place to start AND a great place to continue. Advanced! Schmantz! It's the same simple decisions we need to make over and over again. They don't necessarily get easier. They may become a habit but it's just about consistency and keeping it going! You are in the right place!! Welcome, welcome, welcome!!

redballoon
09-12-2003, 10:48 PM
michireiko, You and I must have been posting at the same time and I missed you. OK, you've answered my question. You are on Day 1. :bravo: Keep it up! :cp:

michireiko
09-12-2003, 11:35 PM
As a snack, I am having celery and carrots. It's pretty good! I didn't know being healthy could be.... GOOD!

Thank you, redballoon, for complementing my writing style. I'm on page 173 of the book I've been writing since May of 2002 :D I hope to have it published someday!

Marti
09-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Day 10 and almost at the half way point. Doing pretty good. It was hot out today and I did a lot of yard work. My arms will be sore tomorrow.

I drank my 80oz. and a little more. Doing pretty darned good. Next weekend is my weigh in (I weigh in twice a month) and I'm looking forward to seeing if it has budged or not!! Let's hope so.

Anyway,, I noticed that it said this was the last page... does that mean we have to start another thread??? I always get confused, especially when I see others with many pages!

I would chat more but I need to get going. Just wanted to update you all.

Good luck ladies!!! We're all doing FANTASTIC!!! And just to let you know, you are all helping me keep motivated!!

Marti

redballoon
09-13-2003, 12:00 AM
M.N.J. Just saw your post. Good for you for drinking your water so diligently! You've got me worried now about this last page thing. Where did you see this and mightn't it just mean that it's the page that people are currently posting on. Don't worry. If I make a new thread I will tell you all with a link to click on and whisk you to it effortlessly!! :spin:

michireiko, a book! Wow! See, I can spot those prolific penpeople (unlike myself). It's the nose! :dance:

DewCan
09-13-2003, 01:10 AM
Hi all
I've done day 10! ;) I'm now on double digits. I weighed in this morning and was the same, which is way better than the gain I was expecting. This week I'm not going to get on the scale until weigh day, it really freaked me out this time. Good luck counting up on your days.

redballoon
09-13-2003, 01:58 AM
Way to go DewCan! Double digit days are here again!! (well, first time, actually, but I wanted that sung to the tune of Happy Days. . .) :dancer: I think we're neck and neck, aren't we? This is one dead heat I'm really looking forward to!

deleted2
09-13-2003, 07:35 AM
I'm late, but wanted to say welcome to Darken and Michereiko!

Yesterday I was hanging by a thread, but made it. Did indulge in alittle nibbling, but stayed within my alotted calories. To do that I sacrificed whole foods for sugar-y stuff. And I'm paid for it just by feeling bad and having zero energy. The good news is I had 12 glasses of water and came home and walked 4 miles on the treadmill--so I can at call the day a success and move on to Day 17!

Looking SOOO forward to having a whole foods day and no sugar!!!

friendsforfitness
09-13-2003, 09:07 AM
Redballoon, thank you for your kind words. I have to work at staying positive, I find that the more positive and supportive I am to others the more it helps me with my own issues, which I have too many of..LOL. I am on day 5 today. Day four was a success I completed my 64 ounces of water with no problem. It is getting easier each day. I can't believe it, I never thought I would be able to say that drinking that much water would be EASY!!

I want to thank everyone on here for being so friendly and supportive and for making me feel so welcome and comfortable here. I really am glad I found this thread. I truly enjoy it here. I look forward to reading everyone's posts everday.

M.N.J. YAY for you! :dance: Lucky girl at the middle point already. Do you ever feel like you will just float away drinking all that water??LOL

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND HAVE A PHENOMENAL SATURDAY!!

Lisa

redballoon
09-13-2003, 06:37 PM
:wave: It's Sunday morning here and I've got to get off to work again. It's Day 11 for me. Only 10 more too! :spin: It seems that once you're into double digits the days fly by. Until then, however, I think they crawl! For all of you in the singles still, keep it up. It gets easier. :)

Eydie, :bravo: to you for another great save. You are almost there. Only five more days to go! :dancer: You sound to me like you really have a good handle on things, on knowing what works for you and what doesn't, what the consequences of certain choices will mean for you and whether you're willing to pay for them. Your resolve to come home after a hard day of work and walk on the treadmill is inspiring. Also, I love your attitude to the good foods, the ones that are on your side, in YOUR corner. So many times, we act like it's the junk that is our friend, our comforter, when it's the opposite. You've really got your eyes WIDE OPEN! :cp:

friendsforfitness, Congratulations on getting successfully to Day 5!! :cp: Isn't it a good feeling to see that you CAN do things you set out to do. It's such a good feeling, knowing, really knowing, yes, you CAN. :goodvibes: By the way, I realized earlier that I had gotten your name wrong in my last message to you. Sorry about that! I had been looking at it thinking it looked funny and sure enough! I'd written friendsOFfitness. And, no need to thank us (speaking for myself here) for being a help to you. YOU are a boost to us. Thank YOU! :)

OK, everyone, the weekends tend to get a little quiet around here. I hope everyone is cruisin' along with their challenges. We seem to have lost some people here. Please come back and join us again! If your initial intentions were perhaps a bit lofty, just take it down a notch and give it another try. It's persistence that wins the game. Try, try again!

FunAtA2d
09-13-2003, 08:25 PM
Well, I have start over. I was journaling but forgot to exercise last night. Just honestly forgot. I was talking with my sister about our mom and started crying. My mom is extremely ill; terminal. I try not to think about what will happen if this latest round of chemo doesn't work (her 4th recurrence of 3rd cancer in 3 years. Prognosis is grim.) So, when talking about mom I just lost it. I couldn't stop crying. Then I went to bed. I woke up this morning and realized that I had forgotten to exercise. Depressed about being overweight, not exercising, blah..blah...blah...Just overwhelmed by everything I guess...pretty pathetic, huh. So, if you all will forgive me, I'll start again. I will not give up.

friendsforfitness
09-13-2003, 09:35 PM
Funata2d,
You have made my most difficult day look simple. I commend you for being so strong in such a difficult situation. There is no forgiveness needed, that you know. We are here for you.:grouphug: You are an inspiration. It is good for you to have yourself as something positive to focus on during times like this. Good for you for not beating yourself up for a slight slip, sometimes we just need that moment and sounds like you really needed yours as I'm sure your sister did as well.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family,
Lisa

Day-5 success

redballoon
09-13-2003, 10:28 PM
FunAtA2d, I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through. I know what it's like. I really do. I went through it with my mother for nine years from the time I was 14. But don't give up and in to depression. Just be there for her now. That's more than you may think it is. I'm sorry about you forgetting to exercise and think you're something else for actually starting over again. Other people may have just turned a blind eye. But remember, you haven't lost anything. You're just as strong as ever and not one bit of benefit is lost. Good luck and like friends said, you help put things in perspective for us. My heart goes out to you in these difficult times. :grouphug:

friendsforfitness, :bravo: to you for your successful Day 5. (Whoops, said that already, oh well, another pat on the back can't hurt ;) ) We're all in this together, aren't we? Thank God the knocks don't come at the same time for us all though. One's down, the one standing extends a helping hand and around it goes. Good luck and keep strong!

Marti
09-14-2003, 01:18 AM
Hi everyone-

FunAtA2d- I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I am going through something very similar. My grandmother found out that her cancer has come back. This will be her third time going through chemo in the last 6yrs. Breaks my heart. She has been the mother figure all my life and I just can't imagine life with out her. Just know that I will be thinking of you and praying for your mom.

Lisa- I'm glad to see that you're doing great with your water. And to answer your question... yes, at times I do feel like I'm floating away. I just wish all the fat would float away with it all!!:lol:

Day 11 for me ladies!! And I drank my full 80oz. and I'm doing very well with my eating also. I can't believe I'm already at the half way point. Better start thinking of what I'm going to do for the next challenge......

Ok, I better get going. Glad to see everyone is doing well with the challenge.
Take Care ladies
Marti

michireiko
09-14-2003, 01:38 AM
FunAtA2d - Don't worry about forgetting to exercise. It happens to the best of us. You had a lot on your mind, and exercise could wait. Everyone needs a good cry sometimes, and when it happens, other things just need to take a back seat. Don't beat yourself up about forgetting. Only beat yourself up if you give up, and you're not giving up, so give yourself a pat on the back for staying strong. You deserve it.

It's good to see everyone is staying on the ball. I know it's tough, trust me... I know!

Day 2 was a success. I had a peice of white fish, but I'm allowed white fish, so I did nothing wrong :D I don't know if I cussed or not today. I don't remember. I asked my husband if I had said a bad word today, and he said "Not that I know of" so I probably didn't. I know I typed the F word, but I'm a writer, it was part of my work!

So yeah, day 2 = Success!

michireiko
09-14-2003, 06:57 AM
Oh! I've lost 2 more pounds! I'm so excited!! Now I'm off to bed *I was up all night writing, it's now 5:56 AM here in Missouri* but before I sleep I must change my signature!

deleted2
09-14-2003, 07:57 AM
Fun At A2d, I'm sorry to hear that things are so difficult for you and your family. Wishing you a peaceful heart...
And I'm proud of you for declaring that you're not giving up!

Congrats to Michereiko for losing 2 pounds! :)

friendsforfitness
09-14-2003, 03:25 PM
I just wanted to pop in a bit to say hello and let everyone know how SUPER GLAD I am that I joined this thread!! Last night at about 9 or 10 I only had about 6 more ounces of my water left. I didn't want to drink it that late, because I knew I'd be up all night peeing. I seriously considered just not finishing it off and then I thought about having to start all over again. Lemme tell ya, I sucked them six ounces down like they were the last six ounces left in the world!! :lol:

Today the water isn't going down too quickly for me, but I'll get there. This is day 6 and six will be easy to nix! ( know I'm a cornball) :dizzy:

Well, I guess that's it for now. I hope everyone is having a great weekend it looks as though since everyone is doing so well on their challenges.

Take Care and Keep Smilin' :spin:

Lisa

Marti
09-14-2003, 04:07 PM
Hello girls-

Excellent job Lisa!! I'm right with ya on the water thing. It's nice knowing someone else is dealing with the same challenge. Some days are harder than others to get the water down, but like you, I start thinking the same thing... who wants to start all over when we've done such a good job so far. And the benefits of water are great. Since it's only past noon, I'm still working on the water. Only 1 1/2 bottles down so far. Gotta get more in before I go to bed. Also,,,, the more days that go by, the easier it is to sleep through the night!! So that's something for you to look forward to!!

Ok ladies, I'm going to go for now. But I'll post later to let you know if I did the whole 80oz.!!

Until then.

Marti

friendsforfitness
09-14-2003, 10:35 PM
Day six was a success, although not without struggle. I knocked my water bottle over not once but TWICE today!I think subconciously I was trying to sabatoge my own 21 day challenge or something.? In the end my smart side of the brain won though all 64 ounces down and soon to be out hopefully..LOL;)

Thanks for the support M. N. J
Goodnight everyone!

Lisa

redballoon
09-14-2003, 10:56 PM
:bravo: to you friends for outtricking your brain. Now that IS a concept. I love it! Smart side and not so smart side! Sounds a lil' schizo to me! :lol: Knocking the water bottle over! Oh, you had me laughing!
Good for you, friends. You're doing it, strong and steady! :cp:

Marti
09-14-2003, 11:06 PM
I did it. I finished the full 80oz. of water. So proud of myself. Even my 9yr old daughter grabbed a bottle and started drinking. She got down a whole bottle.:lol:

Just wanted to drop a line and let you all know.

talk more tomorrow.

marti

redballoon
09-14-2003, 11:11 PM
ALLRIGHT! :dancer: Another water drinker doing her thing with style! You know what they say about imitation being the greatest compliment so just think of what kind of compliment your daughter grabbing a bottle too was! WOW! Good on you, M.N.J.!! :cp:

michireiko
09-15-2003, 12:53 AM
Well... I didn't eat meat... But I said a few bad word :D

Oh well! At least I didn't eat meat!

Seeing as how everyone is chugging water, I think I'm gonna forget my cuss goal and start with the water. I think that would be much better for me at the moment ^_^ Soooo beginning today, I drink the required amount of water :D

Day 3 = Success!

redballoon
09-15-2003, 01:37 AM
OK, michireiko is revising her challenge and counting herself clear onto Day 3. Good for you for keeping it going! :spin:

michireiko
09-15-2003, 04:30 AM
Hi. I have a question... Why is drinking 64 oz. of water a day so important for weight loss? My friend and I were talking and I told him that I'm getting ready to do the half a gallon a day thing... and he asked me why it was so important, and I couldn't answer :\

I tried to look it up, but all I found was "Some professionals say 64 ounces, while others say ounce per pound of body weight."

Help!

michireiko
09-15-2003, 05:02 AM
Nevermind! My digerati-ish friend found the answer!

If anyone else wonders -
http://www.weightloss-dieting.info/water.html

deleted2
09-15-2003, 07:00 AM
Day 19!!!!

FriendsForFitness, how well I know the self-sabotage thing. You'd think that me and my sneaky little brain would be better friends by now....
Good for you and MNJ for keeping up with the water!

Still feeling lethargic. Hoping my energy level comes back up. Strange thing, maybe some weird little virus whose only symptom is fatigue?

redballoon
09-15-2003, 07:10 AM
Congratulations Eydie!! :cp: Is it really Day 19 already? WOW! You're almost there and you've had some real challenges this time around. But you've made it and I'd say there'll be no stopping you now. :dancer: Sure hope you feel better soon! :)

michireiko, thanks for that info on water intake. I never worry about it because I drink tons of water but it is good to know! I'm sure that'll be a great boost to all the people doing this challenge by drinking water. It also explains why people were saying it was hard in the beginning but got easier, the frequent trips to the bathroom, and the getting thirsty all the time in the beginning. Very interesting.

Oh, and heh, almost forgot about me! I've made it through Day 12 now. Into the single digits to go! Thanks people for being here. It keeps me in line! :dance:

DewCan
09-15-2003, 02:51 PM
hi All
Yesterday was day 12 and I succeeded with the water and situps but failed at the exercise :mad: I will succeed o reaching 21 with the other two challenges though :crossed:

deleted2
09-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the link, Michereiko!

michireiko
09-15-2003, 08:39 PM
You're welcome ^_^

My doctor gave me the okay to eat cheese! That makes me happy :D I heart cheese.

I haven't had a sip of ANYTHING today. Though, I've only been up for 4 hours. I still should have something >: ( My husband is getting me 2 gallons of Culligan water (our city water is disgusting) and I'm gonna drink half a gallon when he gets home :p I'm thirsty enough that drinking 64 oz. in one gulp will be no problem at all!

Glad everyone made good use of the link!

Dewcan - Good job reaching day 12! Soon those number will be inverted!

And Eydie - day 19! I envy you!

Marti
09-15-2003, 08:55 PM
Michireiko- Excellent information. I knew water was a big help in weight loss, but that site, just put it in better perspective for me!! Thanks for sharing that.

Well today is day 13. And I haven't quite got the whole 80oz down yet, I ended up buying a soda earlier (bad choice, I know) and once I started drinking that,,,, it didn't satisfy me like it used to! Strange isn't it? So when I got home,, I drank lots of water. I'm only on my 3rd bottle, but I still have time to get in the 4th. Soo much liquid!!

DewCan- at least you're doing something!! I think excercise is one of the hardest things to keep up with. I used to go to the gym everyday.... I don't know what happened to me!!

Eydie- hope you don't come down with a virus. I heard that there is one going around. Drink lots of fluids!(water!!) and get plenty of rest. (little mother hen here!)

Redballoon-Congrats on getting through another day. I believe everyone is doing quite well here don't you think??

Hi to everyone else I missed.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

marti

friendsforfitness
09-15-2003, 09:14 PM
Just a quick check in. Day six has been nixed! I succeeded. Not feeling too well. 3 fillings today.bleck! Jaw is very sore. Water made my teeth hurt, but still managed to get it down. All of it and a lil bit more. Congrats to all on your successes and thanks Michi for the water info, Now I get it.I'm off to sleepytime with meds in my head. Good luck tomorrow and for me it's onto 7. I am very impressed how this thread keeps me on track thanks to all.

Lisa

night night

redballoon
09-16-2003, 12:59 AM
Good going, DewCan, You have single digit numbers left too! Just keep on with the exercise, why don't you? Otherwise you may give up on it all together. Start over on the exercise or just note the one day missed later.

michireiko, I'm going to pass on that link to some people on another thread. It was really very informative. I can imagine a lot of people don't really know how to answer when asked why they're drinking all the water. It's good to be prepared with such a well-informed answer. Knowledge is power! What's Culligan water, by the way? Mineral water I take it? From where? Or is it distilled? The Tokyo water is gross too. There's so much chlorine in it. I'm always drinking mineral water. I love French Vittel but it's a lot more than the Japanese water, which is fine, just not as nice.
M.N.J., Good luck on 13. I'm sure you'll get there. You're this far along :cb: You can do it!! And yes, I think people are doing just fine. We're missing some but maybe they'll check in. Still, we're still here and that's something!! Anybody who's missing, please come back!

friendsforfitness, A dance for day six! :dance: I'm sorry to hear about the dentist and the sore jaw! :( But you still drank your water. :bravo: to you! This challenge is great. Like I keep saying, it's my third time around and I would never, ever, ever have stayed off sugar without this place to check in to and encourage others too. Like you said earlier, cheering others on really helps in your own efforts, doesn't it? :)

DewCan
09-16-2003, 01:10 AM
Hi All
I succeeded with my water and situps today, so that's 13 days;) Thanks for the encouragement to resume my exercising. It's been so cold here the last few days that I just want to stay inside. I'll do some videos. I'll restart my exercise challenge, but it's going to be to exercise 6 days a week. I'm going to add a 15 minute ab video daily.

michireiko
09-16-2003, 05:55 AM
Redballoon - Culligan is a big pure water company. That's all i know :D One thing is for sure - it's better than city water! Yuck!

So DewCan, how is the water and situps working for you? Have you seen any results? I think its a good goal :)

Glad to see everyone's getting to the double digits :D

Day one was a success! Sooooo much water >: (

Oh if there are any Ayumi Hamasaki fans, I totally suggest the song 'forgiveness'... It's very good! :D

I'm updated my weight loss page if anyone wants to check it out. Ta ta. (ta ta? Beat me up, please...)

deleted2
09-16-2003, 06:42 AM
Day 20!:D

I have to cut back on sugar.:( I noticed yesterday [with my food journal] that I'd had 3 sugary things during the day. I'm not really anti-sugar or anything, but that's too much for me. I have to be more awarer today. Good news is I stayed within my alotted 1500 calories.

redballoon
09-16-2003, 09:35 AM
DewCan gets a big :bravo: for Day 13 done. Heh, why don't you join us over on the week-at-a-time challenge. It's something else I'm doing along with this one. You could do your exercise on that. :)

michireiko, I'm a bit confused. Are you back on Day 1? You've got a yuck symbol in the heading. Did you slip up? How do I get to your weight loss page?

Eydie, You're almost there! :cb: Day 20! Allright! :cp: The journal shows up some things, doesn't it? Sometimes I find old journals of mine from years ago and I think, what was I eating?!?!!?

Well, I've made it through Day 13. Hurrah for me! :love:

Good luck to everyone else out there! Please check in soon! :wave:

friendsforfitness
09-16-2003, 10:17 AM
Hi all,
I'm on day 7 and it's off to a pretty good start. My jaw isn't 100% yet, but it's much better than yesterday. I like the sit ups challenge! I may imitate you on my next challenge. Everyone is doing so well YAY!!! A BIG round of applause for us!!:cp:

Have a great Day!

Lisa

xDas7x
09-16-2003, 12:18 PM
Hi! I know I dropped off the planet..... sorry! Ive been busy with school and everything.... its been rather hectic.... i think im on day 10 or 11 i need to check..... but going strong none the less!

xDas7x
09-16-2003, 12:19 PM
sorry.. Im on DAY 12!!!!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!!!!! :)

redballoon
09-16-2003, 07:23 PM
Good luck on Day 7, friends. Let's make it a Lucky one! :sunny: Yeah, the situps are good. I can now do a lot more at the gym on abs and that was my most hated part to work on. But because I'd done a challenge that had me doing situps I got stronger and now can take it to the next level.

xDas7x, I'm glad to hear you're still with us! :spin: Didn't know what had happened to you. So glad to hear you're still doing the challenge. :bravo: to you on getting to Day 12!! Way to go! :dancer:

Marti
09-16-2003, 09:26 PM
Day 14.... it's getting close to 21 and my bladder isn't as upset with me as it was when I started!!!! Fantastic!!

Doing well today. Have my water down already. But my eating is terrible. I think what I've ate today is one reason why I'm drinking so much. Sheesh!! But I'll do better tomorrow. I'm already thinking of a better and healthier dinner.

Ok, I've got a question. Somewhere on the support forum... while I was browsing... someone had mentioned pumpkin parfaits. Did any of you see that too? I can't remember where I seen it, but I'm very interested in getting a recipe. It sounds good. And I wonder how "bad" it is for you. Could be a lowfat recipe, I don't know. If you know.... let me know.:smug: I will PM the person who mentioned it.

Ok ladies. Gotta get going. talk with you tomorrow.

Marti

friendsforfitness
09-16-2003, 10:42 PM
Day seven was a success! Now let's hope day 8 is just as great!Congrats to M.N.J and hello and congrats to xdas7x too!

Very tired,
Lisa
PS Hi Redballoon and thanks for all your cheers!

redballoon
09-16-2003, 11:34 PM
Allright!! friendsfor fitness. Day 7 was indeed a lucky day for you! :lucky: I know, I know, what's luck gotta do with it? Still, we just say that for fun! :joker: No sweat on the cheers. I love doing it! :cb:

M.N.J. , 2 weeks down, 1 short one to go! You can do it! The pumpkin parfait lady is angieMe I believe, from the weighty issues thread. PM her and ask. She's always talking about food and scrumptious-sounding things 'cause she loves to cook. :chef: I don't think it was lowfat but I'm not sure.

friendsforfitness
09-17-2003, 11:55 AM
I am hurting so bad today arggg! My lower back is splitting open soon I'm sure of it! Today is day 8 and water's going down a bit slow to begin with, but I'll get there. If I live. I just wanted to pop in for a good whine. :cry:

Take Care and be happy!
(unlike me)

Lisa

deleted2
09-17-2003, 01:44 PM
Day 21 is half over and I think it's safe to say that I'm gonna make it unless I'm attacked by some cheesecake-wielding fiend. Hey, it could happen!

I've set a goal for myself. I started yesterday---I want to walk 35 miles between now and next Tuesday. I walked 7 miles yesterday and 4 1/2 this morning, so i've made a dent in it already.

And I'm down another pound too---at 143 lbs. now!

michireiko
09-17-2003, 02:43 PM
WOW! Eydie you are doing some serious walking!!! If I were you, my legs would have fallen off :D That's a pretty cool goal, though :)

Why the back pain Lisa? If your lower back splits open... that would be pretty messy >.<

M.N.J, you'll be done with your goal soon :p Keep up the good work!

Li, I like those kind of surprises where you think you're not as far as you really are :D

I fell off the face of the planet, just like Li... Well, actually I got my sleep on the right track, and I slept all day yesterday. I stayed up from 3 PM on Monday to 1 PM on Tuesday, and got up early this morning. So, I didn't get any water down! So now I have to start over, but that's ok.

I was having chest pains again, so my doctor is gonna do some research on diets. She said I might have to crash diet because I need to get weight off me fast. She might put me on a surgery diet. She told me that the water thing was definately good, so to definately do it. Starting today:

1.) Drink 64 oz of water.
2.) Do 50 sit ups before bed.
3.) Try to write at least one page in my book per day.
4.) Dance around and lift weights before dinner.
5.) No eating after 8 PM!
6.) Go to bed by 10 PM every night.

I piled them on, and I think I can pull it off :) I know all of these will be good for me, so I might as well tackle them all. I need a calender!

Redballoon, the addy to my page is www.moonprism.com/malloryprogress

Here is something pretty off-subject - I'm pretty well known for my Halloween costumes, and I finally decided what I'll be this year!! www.moonprism.com/halloween if anyone is interested in seeing the plans!

Marti
09-17-2003, 04:37 PM
michireiko

I took a peek at your photo's.... girl you are beautiful!! I love how your eyes smile when you smile! Beautiful!!

I hope you're alright! Are the chest pains bad? What is causing them? I'm sorry with all questions, maybe you had posted before but I don't remember. Just a little concerned.... You're so young!!

Ok,, just wanted to pop in a min. to comment. I will be back later tonight to post how I've done.

Take Care

Marti

michireiko
09-17-2003, 05:12 PM
*blush* thanks. No one ever said that before >.< Well, my husband, but only when he wants something. "You're so beautiful... will you turn off the kitchen light and lock the door??"

My doctor said the pains are because I hold most of my weight in my torso and around my heart because I'm midget proportioned (or something...) so if I gain too much, I could have a heart attack. My mom had a heart attack when she was 38. The doctor told her that if she was a smoker, it would have killed her. I'm very glad she isn't a smoker... and I'm glad that I'm not either.

Thanks for looking at my site ^_^

deleted2
09-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Michereiko, I agree with MNJ. I love your look in your September photo!

Hope you're going to post pics of yourself in your Hallowen costume. That green wig is very cool!

Marti
09-17-2003, 09:28 PM
It's already day 15 and I did good. Getting used to drinking that water now. But I always feel like I gotta force myself to drink it in the morning,,, but after that,,, no problem. So my 80oz are down. And it's only 6:15. Not to bad.

michireiko- (how do you pronounce your name?)
I would like to see pics. of your halloween costume too!! How fun to dress up. I haven't done that for years and I'm trying to talk my sweetie in to doing it this year. Just don't know what I'd dress up in.

Also...about the hear attack scare....a few years ago, my doc. told me to lose weight and limit my salt intake and a bunch of other stuff or else I would have a stroke. (do they say this to scare the living crap out of us??) anyway, my blood pressure was really high, and I suffered from headaches and dizziness like you wouldn't believe. So, I limited my salt, started excercising, quit smoking (although I started that back up) and really watch what I ate. Well I went from 175 to 135 in a year. (wish I was 135 now!! I'm 144) It was slow, but to maintain I heard it was better for you to lose it slowly . And I went in several times within a three month time period to have my blood pressure checked.....I no longer have high blood pressure. And the headaches and dizziness went away. I was amazed. I had no idea that a little change could go a long way! I've been off the medication for over two years now. And I' come here for support and encouragement from others so I don't creep up the weight that I had lost. I already gained 10lbs. since April!! (was in a depressed state of mind) I guess I'm sharing this with you to let you know you're taking a step in the right direction and it will all be worth it. Take it slowly....and we'll be here to encourage you and cheer you on.

Wow... didn't expect to make this so long. Just wanted to give Michereiko my scenerio and let her know she isn't alone.

I will talk to you all tomorrow.

Hi to everyone!!
Marti

Hotsplashes
09-17-2003, 10:00 PM
Howdie ladies...sorry for the long LOA...but I got hurt at work but I'm back now!! I'm down to 179! I made my goal! so in 4 days...who knows...maybe I'll beat it!

Keep up the good work, RedBalloon!

michireiko
09-17-2003, 11:13 PM
Well, today bombed. I didn't do any of my goals. I drank 30+ ounces of water, and that's better than usual.

Don't worry, I'll post pictures of my Halloween costume!!

Glad to see everyone is doing fine with their goals :D

michireiko
09-18-2003, 02:55 AM
I went and posted on a Yahoo message board. They had a forum about the gunmen in that college, so I went and was reading some things people had posted... and i replied to someones post, and before I know it... Someone posts this:

Subject: for a good laugh, check out viral chan
by: matt_sprinkle74 09/18/03 02:10 am
Msg: 1420 of 1432
1 recommendation

profile pic. she says she's only 19, if that's the truth (and i'm guessing its not) can u imagine how grotesque she'll be by the age of 25. girls are in their prime at 21-25, but i think viral's prime faded away the day she got introduced to Hostess snacks.

Viral_chan is my yahoo name. I can't believe a complete stranger attacked me that way, and I'm really upset about it. I don't know what to do. I feel helpless and I want to just give up... I don't know what to do...

deleted2
09-18-2003, 07:21 AM
Michereiko, I can understand how seeing that would throw you completely-----please get past it as soon as you can. DO NOT let this jerk have any power over you or take yours away.

Believe me, I'd use stronger language, but this is a public forum and I know you're trying to avoid those words anyway.;)

redballoon
09-18-2003, 08:17 AM
Hi, everyone. I'm on the tail end of Day 15 here! :spin: Getting close to the end. It has been fairly easy and then not. I really do have to check myself constantly that I don't reach for something with sugar in it. Actually, recently I have the feeling I could forget that I'm not eating sugar and blow it accidentally. Wouldn't it be great to be like that all the time, just occassionally eating sugar because it was a habit not to? That's my goal I think. :yes:

friendsforfitness, How are you doing? I'm sorry to hear you're in such pain. Teeth, now your back. :( Are you feeling any better? You stop in here for a good whine anytime, OK? :wave: Good luck on keeping the water going down! You can do this! :dancer:

Eydie, Have you done it?! I'm going to say yes, you have!! Congratulations on making it through the 21-Day Challenge!! :bravo: Hurrah! Hurrah! :cp: :cp: I hope you're really proud of yourself. You had some tough times and you made it through them OK. :dancer: Ok, another goal. Why don't you join us on the One-Week-at-a-Time Challenge. I'm starting them on Mondays but you could get in there now. We need more people! Once again, Congratulations! :cheers:

M.N.J., :bravo: to you getting to Day 15. :cp: You're really doing well and you'll have this one nailed for sure too. Then, it's just 6 more days. :goodvibes:

Hotsplashes, Good to see you! I'd thought we'd lost you. Wow, what happened to you at work? I hope you're OK now. It wasn't serious, was it? :(
And a big hand :encore: for reaching goal! That is fantastic! :dance: You just might beat it with four days to go. Good for you, Hotsplashes!!

michireiko, I just realized what had happened to you with the post. Oh, that makes me so mad! Yes, DON'T let this scumbag get to you. :nono: Please listen to all of us. There are so many people out there who don't have a clue. There are so many sickos, really pathetic people. I know it's a shock :stars: but like Eydie said, don't let this total waster have any effect on you. Don't be down about this (I'd like to use the strong words here too. . .but. . .heh, you fill them in for me, OK) total waste of space. He needs help. Just leave it at that and carry on with what you've been doing. You are so far ahead of this guy. He's not worth another thought. Pitch him out of your head. Just mentally put him down the kitchen sink disposer and turn it on!!! :devil:

friendsforfitness
09-18-2003, 10:16 AM
Day 8 went well all water consumed. Today is day 9 and so far it's going fine.

Congratulations Edyie and Hotsplashes you are inspirations!

Michireiko,
Remember what a beautiful person you are. I know M.N.J. has told you that and so did someone else. I saw your pics and I agree too! You are beautiful. You have to believe that. Focus on those compliments and truths, not comments from a complete stranger hiding behind his computer. He's probably an extremely disfigured troll trying to make himself feel better by bashing others. Focus on the positive and surround your self with positives in your life. Think about it, you are trying to get healthy right now and you work at it everyday. That's not an easy thing to do. You should be very proud of yourself for that alone. You have to remember all the non-scale accomplishments in your life too.
I also noticed that you said you didn't accomplish any of your goals. Have you thought that maybe you're expecting too much of yourself too soon? I can't speak for you but it has taken me 34 years to create the unhealthy eating and lifestyle HABITS that I have. I know it will take a lot of patience and time for me to re-learn how to eat and live healthy completely. I am learning more everyday. That's why I am only taking tiny steps right now. This method really seems to be working for me and I have realized that I am a bit more forgiving of myself this way too. I even have a secret daily goal, only because it seems corny to write in my journal, but I really think it helps. It's to recognize something about me or that I have done that is good and be proud of it. It sounds silly I know but I just thought I'd share this with you because I feel your frustration and you are such a sweet and talented person who deserves to feel great about herself all the time.

Sorry this got so long and I hope it helps,

Lisa

PhotogirlTX
09-18-2003, 12:14 PM
Ok.... I feel the need to jump onto this challenge....

Earlier today.... I saw the candy dish sitting out and it was refilled again with snack sized candy bars that my boss put out.... I walked by it to fill up my water glass, and totally ignored it. However later, my weakness was starting to kick in and I said.. well, if the Almond Joy is still there when I go to refill my water again.. I will take it. Thankfully... it was GONE! (There was only one in the bowl, so I thought.) So.... as I went to the bathroom, result of all the water I've been drinking, I was thinking about this board and was formatting a few challenges myself. One would be to do some sort of exercise every day for the next 21 days. From walking/jogging my 4 miles, or doing my abs work or my triceps work... or even just doing some taebo style kicks... just SOMETHING everyday.... and my other goal was to NOT EAT CHOCOLATE period for the next 21 days. I figured if I committed myself in public, I will have to hold to that.

So..... once again... I went to the breakroom to fill up my water, and what do I pass sitting there taunting me in the candy dish?

ALMOND JOYS....

So I ran here as fast as I could to offically post my challenge!!

Count me In.

Day ONE!

Hugs,
Cherie

friendsforfitness
09-18-2003, 01:46 PM
Welcome Cherie! Your will power is something I need to strive for. :bravo:
I've had a pretty good week until lunch today. :( Chinese with my hubby and his son. :T Now I feel yukky. :ink: My water is still going down good though.
:idea: Maybe my next challenge will be to say no thanks to any offer of something not OP. That would be a good habit for me to aquire. Well, anyways good luck to you and your challenge!

Take care and Keep Smilin'

Lisa

:flow1: :sunny: :flow2:

:bubbles:

michireiko
09-18-2003, 01:56 PM
I feel a little better today. I downloaded a trial version of some diet software from www.dietpower.com and I've used it before and I really liked it. If it helps me this time, I'll buy it.

I didn't do any of my goals yesterday. My doctor said that the water thing was really good, but if I have a hard time making 64 oz a day, try to make at least 40. She said she really wants me to do the 64 though, so I'm gonna try. My biggest thing... I hate the way water tastes. It reminds me of when I was in high school, my PE class would go to the public pool. Don't get me wrong, that was great. I loved it, but drinking water reminds me of inhaling pool water at 8:30 AM everyday... It makes me sick when I drink it. Some people have said a slice of lemon helps. Sugar free lemonade! Does water gross anyone else out? If so, how did you choke it down? I was thinking about playing a game - like maybe seeing how fast I could chug a 20 oz bottle, or how many gulps it takes me to get through a 20 oz bottle.... ANYTHING to help me get it down. Any one have any ideas?

My husbands grandpa died last night, so things are about to get rocky. I never knew him, and Chris said he really didn't know him either. If Chris is anything like me, he will remember stuff at the last minute and get over-emotional. Once the funeral is over on Saturday, I think things will be back to normal.

Lisa, you're right about me expecting too much. I narrowed it down to the goals that were MOST important to me... so my new goals are...

1.) At least TRY to drink 64 oz of water.
2.) Do any kind of exercise for at least 20 minutes a day.
3.) No eating after 8 PM.

Thanks for everyone's support in this rough time. Welcome newcomers.

friendsforfitness
09-18-2003, 02:09 PM
:cp: YAY! I am so glad you have bounced back Michireiko!!

As far as the water goes try and see if you can find Veryfine brand flavored water or if you have a walgreens where you're at they sell the same thing in their brand. It's yummy!:p
They offer all sorts of flavors like peach,rasberry,kiwi-strawberry,and grape and more. The only one I have found so far that I don't like much is the orange. There are no calories or carbs in these either!
Another thing I do is use a 20 ounce bottle, like a soda bottle and refill it. I know after 3 1/2 of those I've done it! That for some reason seems like less to me. I carry it with me everywhere, even in stores and stuff. Then before I know it, it's done!

Good Luck, I know you can do it!!

Lisa

michireiko
09-18-2003, 02:16 PM
Lisa - I use the 20 oz bottle too :D drinking those is much less overwhelming than drinking 8 8 oz glass of water! I used to drink peach Sam's choice water, but the thing on the internet about water said no to drink water with additives :(

friendsforfitness
09-18-2003, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure on this, but it seems as though it is better for you to drink more water even if it is flavored rather than not enough water. Maybe it is something you want to ask your Doctor about?
I drink both plain water and flavored water throughout the day. I have given up all other beverages besides my one cup of coffee in the morning, so the flavored water is like my soda now.

Lisa

friendsforfitness
09-18-2003, 02:24 PM
One more thing Michireiko,

YOu are soooooooooooooooo close to.....

ONEDERLAND!!!!!

Lucky thing! :)

Lisa

michireiko
09-18-2003, 02:35 PM
You're right, water is better flavored or not just as long as it's not sugared up. I'll ask my doctor about it at my next check up ^_^

Onederland??

friendsforfitness
09-18-2003, 02:51 PM
That means you'll be in the 100's pound wise.

Lucky you,
Lisa

Marti
09-18-2003, 05:08 PM
Michireiko - I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better today! And I agree with you about trying to down water. Let me tell you the first few days or so are very hard. But the more you drink and the more days that go by, the easier. I have tried putting lemon in my water. And I love it. At first you think of it like a VERY watered down lemonade, but after awhile, it's not so bad!! Gives it a kick. Also, when I'm not even in the mood for water (like today!!) I sit there and think of why my body needs it, and what all the benefits I'm going to get out of it. Well, today I thought about how I've noticed since I've started this challenge, that the bloating is slowly going away! The puffiness in my face is too. Well the water must be doing something good!! I guess I'm not really helping as to how to down all that water...just advice as to why you need it.

Cherie- Such willpower!! Good for you. Glad you came to join us.

Lisa- You sound like me. I do VERY good with the water, but eating the right things, doesn't always go the way I plan. I love Chinese food, but it's soooo bad for me. High in sodium. My sweetie and I had some last week, and afterwards I felt heavy. Then I realized that all I did was make myself more bloated!! I don't mind eating it,,, just not as often as we have been.

Redballoon- Congrats on the day 15. I think I would have a hard time staying completely away from sugar. I'm sure I would do better if I limited myself on it. My bigger problem is salty foods though.

Eydie- completed the 21days? Excellent!! Always glad to see someone make it through. Makes me know that I can make it too.

Ok ladies....I've had two bottled waters today on day 16. I am going to a fundraiser today and I'm hoping I will keep on with my water intake. I don't want to get to distracted and forget. So I'm hoping to get at least 3 down before I go. I will post later tonight to let you know how it goes.

BTW Redballoon, what this about a one day a week challenge? What does it involve and is it any easier?? I guess I could just browse over there and check it out.

Marti

FunAtA2d
09-18-2003, 09:12 PM
Day 1 and 2 success! Very tough week. My mother just told me tonight that the doctor's office is recommending she contact Hospice. The next 6 to 12 months will be very tough. I am determined not to let life's circumstances (no matter how difficult) change my focus to be a healthy weight. I need to lose weight to lessen my health risks. I may falter from time-to-time, but will strive to keep the long-term goal in sight. Well, enough of my tale...on to Day 3.

xDas7x
09-18-2003, 10:50 PM
Day 14-

Im trying to keep up I did slack the other day but I made up for it by doing 15 situps and then much later on another 15 to make up... I did my 5pushups today... and have to get on the situps.... which im gonna do when i finish this post!! good luck everyone.... i need to be on this board more.. the support i get from all of u here is.. what keeps me going..... i have been down this week but.. next week is a NEW week! a NEW start again to losing weight!

redballoon
09-18-2003, 11:43 PM
FunATa2D, xDas7x, good for you for keeping to your challenge! Fun, I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. But hospices can be wonderful and often they have wonderful people working for them, who can do much to brighten a person's day. I'm very impressed with the strength you're showing here in this difficult times.

You too xDas, you're keeping at it and that's what it all comes down to.

Marti, here's the link to the week challenge:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31946

It ends Sunday night but I'll be starting a new one. You can make it anything you want to do in the week so it's easier than the 21, or can be, and gives you a lot of room (if you choose to) to work within the 7-day time period instead of being restricted to an EVERY day thing. I like this one for the things I'd like to do every single day and the other challenge I started because I want to change things but keep it clearcut (thus the one-week, very specific format) and short enough so I don't get scared off! Come on over and do both. Friendsforfitness just joined us there too.

redballoon
09-18-2003, 11:50 PM
Photogirl, Sorry I forgot to say WELCOME ABOARD. I loved your story about the Almond Joys (short-lived joy, isn't it?) That was some willpower. Oh, I do know what that's like as candy will appear at work here and I actually go and move it away from me so I won't be tempted. People sometimes yell at me to bring it back but I don't! :lol:

Ok, so it's exercise and NO Chocolate for the next 21! Let's go! Up and counting! :dancer:

michireiko
09-18-2003, 11:55 PM
Redballoon, I've been meaning to ask you... Do you like living in Japan? I want to go when I'm super sexy and meet Max Matsuura so he produce an album for me :D I've heard it's really expensive. What do you do there?

I like seeing everyone doing so well with their challenges! I also like to see new people. I hope someday I can say "oh yeah I did the 21 day thing!" I know this weekend will be back because of the funeral and stuff...

See you all later!

redballoon
09-19-2003, 07:42 AM
Hello everyone. Just wanted to jump in to say I'm closing off Day 16 A-OK! :dance:
This time things are much harder with the challenge. I guess it's because things in general are more challenging. I'm doing it OK but I do think about sugar a lot more. Maybe it's because I'm working out heavier at the gym. Well, I don't care. I'm not going to give my body sugar!

I'll be back later to say more. I'm dead and the futon beckons. I hope none of you were affected by Hurricane Isabel. It sure looks bad and actually I'm worried about family in her path.

Well, here's wishing you all luck with your challenges! I'll write more tomorrow. :wave:

PhotogirlTX
09-19-2003, 08:57 AM
Silly Chocolate.... Seems now that I've made this my goal... it's HARDER to not think about it than what it was before. What is up with that???? Anyway... I resisted last night... ( have some cookies that I need to throw away that were baked last weekend for my daughters) and I walked right past the freshly filled chocolate bar dish in my office. I will be SOOOOOO glad when my bosses bag of chocolate is empty. I will let all the others in the office eat the chocolate and get fat.... I have learned my lesson! :-)

So for Day one... I had NO chocolate... and I did my exercises... 1 hour on the treadmill, my abs work and a 25 side leg kicks per leg. Working on Day two now!

WTG Red Balloon, xDas7x, and FunAtA2d.... Staying on track! That is great!

Everyone.. thanks for the warm welcome! I think this is what I need to stay on track. My week has been a dissapointment... scale wise.... (thinking of a good 7 day challenge here) even though I've been exercising everyday and staying OP... but I will continue on... I know it WILL come off! :-)

Everyone have a great Friday!

Cherie

friendsforfitness
09-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Day 8 was great! (water wise anyways) I'm sure day nine will be fine too.

Funata2d Kudos to you for being so strong and smart! I envy your strenth. I tend to wiaver during difficult times, actually waiver isn't quite true, give up is more like it for me. I'm hoping this time is different for me. I wish your Mom, you and your family well.

Purple is my favorite color by the way. I just thought I'd share that with you. I'm pleasantly pleased with my 2.2 pound loss this week. It was better when I peeked at the scale before my chinese fiasco, but hey, I guess it's still better than no loss at all. Right?!

Congratulations to Photogirl on your first two days of success!!!:cb:

Lucky xdas7x your lucky enough to be 2/3rds down and 1/3 of the way to go on your challenge, it's gotta be easier this last week for you, is it?

M.N.J. The chinese food did make me feel very heavy and bloated too. I skipped one of my snacks and only had a zone bar for dinner. Believe it or not I'm kinda glad I ate that chinese food. I've made a promise to myself that I will journal everything I put into my mouth. I track calories and most of the time carbs as well. Eating that chinese food ended up being a very educational expierience for me. At the time I am only allowed 1900 calories per day. After lunch I looked up the calories in the meal I had so I would make myself face the music so to speak and it had 1895 CALORIES IN THAT ONE MEAL!!!! :ink: I ended up going over my daily calorie allotment by 534 CALORIES!! :eek: Now you're probably wondering "How could she be glad about something like that?" :chin: You see before, I had no concept of how many calories I should or shouldn't have or that you could even begin to eat an entire days worth of calories at one meal. :doh: I swear to you that I had no clue about this kind of stuff. NOW I KNOW. That's a really good revelation for me. Now I'm hoping that shell shocking discovery will resound in my head whenever I am eating something that anyone but myself has prepared and make me stop, think and be more careful. Does that make sense that I'm glad I did that?

:blah: Sorry I got to rambling again, I just wanted to share a very enlighting moment for me.

Have a great day everyone!

Lisa

Marti
09-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Good Morning ladies-

Lisa- It makes total sense! I always hate "facing the music" on stuff like that but it does put stuff in more perspective! And afterwards when you're feeling heavy and bloated, even if it tasted dandy, you gotta think, is feeling like this worth it??? You almost feel like you gotta work twice as hard now! So I discovered it's not really worth it. Not to say we won't ever have chinese again,, I will just choose a little differently as to what I eat. (not really much that is too healthy on their menu's though is there?)

Well, I drank my 3 bottles of water before I left for the fundraiser. I ended up drinking little shots of flavored martini's and a small glass of wine. And they had ton's of finger foods. Hourderves(sp?) some were good, some were bad. I did really well with tasting only a couple. It was a five hour event and I and the two ladies I went with had lots of fun. And when it was over.... I came home and drank another bottle and a half of water! I felt so dehydrated after drinking those martini's. I've never had martini's and so I had to try. Lemon drop and sour apple were the two flavors. So I actually got all my water in, but I probably didn't do my body any good by drinking those little shots of martini's!! But all in all Day 16 was good. So to start day 17!!

I will post later tonight
Marti

xDas7x
09-19-2003, 12:28 PM
DAY 15 better than ever!

Well im still keeping up with the challenge and u know as soon as this one is over i cant "WEIGHT" haha bad joke.. to start the next 21-day challenge. I def think this is a great idea, and with the support of everyone here it def makes things much easier.

friendsforfitness - wow i cant believe that meal alone had so many calories (if im reading that right!) wow! but i know ull be on track!

my problem is sometimes I dont even eat 1000 cals a day..... and i know thats really bad but its not like i dont TRY to either.... I mean a typical day ill drink diet iced tea (the lipton stuff is GREAT the diet powder iced tea.. its only 5cal and nothing else in it) or water sometimes skim milk throughout the day, and then ill have maybe a granola bar for breakfast (i know i know.. but i cant eat a full breakfast! and i dont have the time in the mornings!) for lunch ill have a sandwich (PBnJ on whole wheat bread) and then for dinner ill have a lean cuisine or weight watchers meal (OH and BTW Shoprite (at least in the Northern NJ area) is having a SALE theyre 1/2 off.. starting Sunday...... id better go to stock up!!!) I mean I might snack on wheat thins or another granola bar or a salad during the day, I dont starve myself I just try to eat when Im hungry.. and i ususally do. Now, I do eat more on the weekends cause we usually go out to eat or maybe get subs or somethingm but i usually dont eat that much during the day and so I can afford to eat on those days.. but its not like i TRY to do that it just happens that way.. again I know its NOT good. but I dont know what else I can do.. Im taking vitimins too to give my body the extra things it needs.. and i mean i WILL eat im not trying to STOP myself, Im just cutting out the fat and trying to eat less fatty foods.. but I dont really know how to eat 2000 cal/day or 1400 etc because I usually dont go that high.. at least accoring to fitday.com ive been keeping track....

I mean unless I have a full corse steak dinner everynight I dont know what more I can do.. I know it isnt healthy.. for example lastnight this is what I had (ill post it)

the 88g of mini pizza bagels is a serving (4 of them0
The 2 tablespoons for the Iced Tea.. i was counting the powder mix.. 8oz when mixed with water is 2 tablespoons of the mixture (u put 2tbsp in)

I think the rest is self explanatory...

xDas7x
09-19-2003, 12:41 PM
here it is..

now again the 88g of pizza bagels = 4
2 tablespoons of the iced tea mix = 8oz glass

im sure i had more water in between and more to drink.. but i was doing this at the end of the day and didnt get to add it all up!

friendsforfitness
09-19-2003, 01:41 PM
xdas7x,

Yes that number is right, believe me I was shocked. Now normally I don't eat like that. I do eat somewhere between 1281 was my lowest day and my highest day (not counting chinese destruction day) was 1731, so I'm doing pretty good as far as staying under that 1900 number. As soon as my weight loss slows down or stops, while I'm still on plan, as I am supposed to be I will cut that 1900 number by 400. Until then that number plus the exercise is a formula that works. I don't get hungry, I don't get headaches,and I don't feel weak or get hot flashes, I do have lots of energy and feel healthy though so it's working for me for now anyways. I think if I ate as little as you that I'd feel weak at first.

That's me though, I'm a wuss like that. This time around for me everything is in baby steps. Little by little and I know nothing is happening overnight, but I'm ok with that too.

Have a great day!
Lisa

friendsforfitness
09-19-2003, 01:46 PM
xdas7x,
One more thing...I just noticed that you too are almost at ONEDERLDAND!!! Good for you!

Kudos to a successful day 15 too!

Lisa

xDas7x
09-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Lisa,
I know what you mean! I think you know when they say something 160 cal per serving.. and theres..... 4 servings.... IT ADDS UP!! Its funny cause when I look at stuff im like Oh ok this has 160 or 200cal.. i dont always take into account what is in the serving or how much Im going to eat so when you hear its 1,000+ cals you think oh my god! And u know its NOT bad but when u see 160 perse and dont take into acount the SERVINGS.. or serving size.. it can be shocking lol believe me I KNOW! :) I hope that at least made some sense.

Im doing good today, working hard for ONEDERLAND!! Im just afraid I wont get to see it :( but I cant stop now! I cant let 2 months of exercising go to waste and add up to me 20lbs heavier sitting on the couch with a bag of Lays chips.. **** no! (see Im getting all motivated!)

Doing good today, worked out for 30min on the walker machine thing.. I know I know I need to push myself if I want to lose faster but I just couldnt do it today. But I am feeling better and a new week will begin! So far I've had 64oz of water, (exercizing makes you damn thirsty!) and had a sandwich PBNJ hooray.

In other news I havent beent oo good on keeping up with discussion but I did read back--

Micherieko (i think i spelled that wrong sorry!)-
I read what happened, that person that attacked you and made fun of you. You know what? Its BS, and I know what its like- I was made fun of all through highschool.. and now I have this paranoia.. that ppl are always looking at me.... and I hate it so much. But you know what that person isnt worth it, I know it hurts, those comments usually do hurt.. :( its amazing how MEAN and CRUEL people can be.. but they arent worth it.. you are a beautiful person inside and out!!!!!!!!!!

And im also sorry to hear about your husband's grandfather's passing........ my heart goes out to you and him.... its hard losing someone..... but... i hope he had a long good life....

I know IM missing other things in here.....but well in all I hope everyone is doing well!!!

Marti
09-19-2003, 11:24 PM
Good evening ladies-

Day 17 here and I'm doing good. On the 4th bottle. Haven't finished it yet, but I will.

XDas7x - I used to have a problem with my calorie intake too when I first started a weight program, I journaled everything and for two weeks it only added up to not quite 1000. Not good. I used to work 12hr. shifts at work and I found it so hard to get in a meal or even feel like eating. But then I had the woman who ran this nutrition program to give me an example menu for a day to where I would eat more, but not so much that I felt miserable. I started eating a lot of fish and chicken. And so many veggies. I can't remember exactly all that I ate, but my calorie intake improved and I noticed a difference. I worked out a lot too. I would go to the gym after work and unwind. Yep you saw that right, after 12hrs. of work, working out actually helped me unwind and feel better. (I felt so good then too) Anyway, I think I'm wandering here.... I just wanted to let you know that I struggled too. Right now, I'm the opposite, I feel like I'm getting to much!!:o I guess I need to find that example menu and start that again.

I'm glad to see that everyone is doing great. And that everyone here is so supportive of others. It makes doing this a lot easier. I appreciate all your advice you girls give me. You're like family.:smug:

Well, I need to get going, I'm feeling really tired today. Had a lot going on. It feels like it never ends!!!:(

Chat with you tomorrow

Marti

JenniferJeanne
09-20-2003, 02:19 AM
Hi ladies, i'm new to this site and just fell in love with this challenge!

So my b- lated challenge will be to drink my water and do 15 push ups and sit ups daily

Jennifer

redballoon
09-20-2003, 03:30 AM
Chocolate! :ink: Leave Photogirl alone!! :nono: No, she can't come out and play with you no more! Yo, Photogirl, I hear you on the seductive calls. That would be so hard having the stuff lying around like that. Maybe you can ask your boss to keep it out of sight. Have you tried that? :bravo: for making it through Day 2! Keep it up! You can do this! :cb:

Purple for YOU! Hurrah for friendsforfitness for a stupendous streak to Day 8! You's smokin' :smoking: Purple is the color of royalty in Japan. Also for all auspicious occasions. So count yourself among the bluebloods! (or should that be purplebloods?!?) :smug:

I understand your excitement about discovering the tons of calories in Chinese food. Knowledge is empowering. I got shivers reading your post because I think learning this is going to put you in the driver's seat -- with a license to burn rubber! There are foods out there that just pack the calories in like you wouldn't believe and I think that's what the manufacturers (and restaurant proprietors) are hoping we won't do -- believe! But now that you're armed with that knowledge you can make the choice, take it or leave it BUT this time you know . . . the real price! :spin:

Oh, and thanks for unknowingly clueing me in to the fact that I couldn't see the signatures under people's names because I had them turned off. When you spoke of Onederland (great name!) I was wondering how you knew this and then I remembered I'd seen these things before so I went in and changed my options and voila! there they were. Thanks!

xDas7x, :bravo: to you for Day 15. You're almost there! :dancer: You know, you don't seem to eat very much, do you? I bet you need to increase your muscle mass and that'll help eat up the calories. It makes a big, big difference. You're doing all your exercising now which'll definitely help too. But you might want to think about adding a bit of weightlifting. Have you ever thought of that? Sorry, I'm BIG into weightlifting! It really changed my life and that's not an exaggeration.

M.N.J., Little shots of martinis, huh?! Good for you for getting that water in too! And after the martinis! Someone's burnin'! :flame: Congrats to you on getting to 17!! :dance: Hope you're feeling more energetic soon. Sometimes I go for days just dragging but I don't let them get to me much. Just take them as they come and slog through without giving them too much thought. Have to go into energy-saving mode. :lol:

AND!! I saved you to last but a BIG WELCOME to JenniferJeanne!! :flow1: Hello and thanks for joining us. Jeanne is my middle name, same spelling! Yeah! Sharing time. JJ, you're not belated because you can jump in here anytime. We count to 21 and when we get there we start over (if we feel like it). If you slip up you go back to No. 1 and start over! So give us a Day and we will cheer you on. Slip up and we will cheer you on. But just get here! Good luck to you! :dancer:

PhotogirlTX
09-20-2003, 10:06 AM
Yes.. I beat out the chocolate fiend yesterday.... Red, the candy and chocolate has been like this in my office since I started... and lately, it's a FISH thing... (FISH PHILOSOPHY... a work enviroment program). I was thinking my bosses bag should have been ALMOST empty by yesterday, but low and behold, the pregnant girl brought in THREE MORE BAGS yesterday. Anyway... it's all about CHOICES. And I choose NOT to have the chocolate. There is another girl beside me who is doing Atkins, and we have already decided, come December at the company Christmas party, we are going to be the two sexy skinny ones while everyone one else is over stuffed from all the chocolate and candy that is always out! That will be our reward! :-):devil: It's getting easier... just I tend to get a little cranky when they bring it right out in front of me and eat it.

So... For the end of day 2, I avoided the chocolate.... (wish I could say that about the pizza I had last night)

And I did 45 minutes on the treadmill and triceps work! So Day 2 was a success!

I am in the beginning of Day 3, and it shouldn't be too hard!

Welcome Jennifer! This is a great group... very supportive and keeps you on track for accountability!

Marti... wtg on the water! You are doing such a great job! Martinis huh? I have only had one and didn't quite know what to think about it!

xDas7X.. I think I am in the same boat as you... not eating enough. If we just knew the magic formula for optimim weight loss... then we would all be doing great!

Lisa.. what a wake up call with finding out the calorie count! I have never been good at counting calories.... keep up the great work!

Ok... time for me to start doing my weekly housework.. that counts as exercise doesn't it? Hahaha....

Have a great Saturday!

Cherie

friendsforfitness
09-20-2003, 11:10 AM
64 more ounces down and out! (literally) :LOL:

Welcome Jennifer!! :wave: I absolutely love this site and this challenge too! It really has helped me knowing I have to start all over again if I screw up.

YAY Photogirl!! I knew you could do it!!

Wow Redballoon that was a really fun and positive post! What day are you on? i think you're getting pretty close to the finish line aren't you?

M.N.J. is only 4 days away YAY!!!!:dance:

xdas7x- YOU CAN DO IT!!! We are all rooting for you!! :cb:
That Onderland will be here before you know it!

Day 10 is starting off pretty good I get to drive my Mom's PURPLE Mustang until we buy a new van since our is now going to junkyard heaven and I drove all different routes from my house to clock how far different walks would be. WOW a mile is pretty long. I'll get there one day though.

Good Luck to all,:goodvibes
Lisa

Marti
09-21-2003, 12:08 AM
Hello!!
Today was a slow day for my water, but I did it. And I also had my weigh in today and I lost 2lbs. Down to 142!! I'm doing the happy dance! Water is doing something good for me. Starting next week I'll be incorporating excercises. And by the end of the month, my sweetie and I decided to get our membership back at the gym!! I'm getting hyped!!

Only 3more days to go!!!

Marti

redballoon
09-21-2003, 01:09 AM
Hello all! I'm on Day 18 here! :p Going strong and it's because I know I have all of you to report in to. You know, it's funny, the staying off sugar is not hard for me anymore because reaching for it is not a habit anymore and checking for it on labels has become a habit. But, I want you all to know that (and I know I've said this before but. . .) I would just never NOT eat sugar if I hadn't committed to this challenge and just say, No. I'm not doing that.. I think with the sugar thing too I've learned that my body reacts to it and is set off on a binge, craving more if I have a little bit. Well, what's a little bit? A candy bar or donut is not really a little after all. So, I know that staying away from it totally is doable but just cutting down isn't. That's why I've been allowing myself a binge day in between challenges and that has really worked for me. Okay, enough of me. Just wanted to fill you in.

Photogirl, that is a really tough environment you're in. I would hate that. It's a real shame that people are bringing in junk food and using that as some sort of "philosophy." I wonder, couldn't you talk about what you're trying to do and ask if people mightn't try to bring in healthful foods, like fruit or dried fruit, nuts, seeds or the likes. Candy is cheap and easy, but it's just such low-quality eating. It's a shame that people still think of junk like this as "goodies" and "treats." It's like brainwashing.

For you and to help in your defense strategies I suggest you read some of the books written on just what processed sugar does to your body. It's pretty scary reading. I really applaud your commitment to yourself here and your health. And your philosophy of "choice" is one that is really going to move you along. I love the idea too of you and your friends being knockouts at the Christmas party. :D I'd keep that image in mind and maybe even keep a photo of some great outfit on your desk or something to keep reminding yourself of your aim. Well, good luck to you! :high: Here's wishing you luck through Day 3! :cp:

friendsforfitness! A purple Mustang! How cool! :flow1: And you floating high on :cloud9: Hurrah for you! I love the idea of you driving around surveying the area, clocking out walking routes and all. That is real planning. You've got the mind of a strategist, don't you! :s: Love it! Yeah, a mile is pretty long but it can be pretty enjoyable. I love walking. I use the time to think out things, work on stories in my head before I sit down to write (that's my work) and on days where I'm not feeling too up or energetic I make tapes and play them on my Walkman. It makes all the difference to be swinging along to some great music. In fact, I love to walk just to listen to the music sometimes. Good luck to you too. You see how feeling good about the accomplishments you've made with drinking water is leading to more things? You're tuning in to that power inside now. It's like, have you ever played around with a radio dial, listening for new stations or weird transmissions, found something and then were able to bring it in clearer by maybe moving the radio or fiddling with the antenna too? Well, I think that's what it's like to be finding this power inside you. It's there but, yeah, it needs help to come out and that's what you're doing. You're helping yourself, bringing out those cool transmissions from within. (Add Twilight Zone music here! :eek:

M.N.J., you're almost there! Day 18! :bravo: And major congrats for the 2 lbs blasted into oblivion! :dance: Way to go, YOU! I've got to hurry my butt up and catch up with you. You're getting too far ahead. I think I'm still around 150. Only have a kilo scale here. But I'm packing on muscle. But, oh, my, no sleek bodybuilder here! :no: But this time I'm going to do it.

Another thing I want to say though to all you, we may be at different stages in our goals, our transformations, our works of art, but the numbers do not really matter. I mean, they're not the real focus. Whether you're 100, 200, 300 pounds or nearing 400, the process has the same elements. It's a project, a creation, a work of art in the making. We're works of art at any given moment I like to think. It's not that we're unfinished and "getting" there. It's, "here's me at this point, and this one, and this one" and it's like all different sculptures, different looks, EACH one unique and interesting and a joy to look at, to contemplate, both the inner and outer aspects of that "sculpture." I think this is what art appreciation is all about.

FunAtA2d
09-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Day 3 & 4 doing fine. I think I'm going to start posting my points/calories each day. Even though I'm journaling I'm not staying below at a level that will help me be successful. So, starting tomorrow, I'll let you know. The accountability is so very important to me. I have a friend who holds me accountable ensuring I attend our yoga class and our new aeorbic class. Knowing that she is counting on me, expecting to see me in class gives me that extra incentive to not miss class.

Have a great day

redballoon
09-21-2003, 05:24 PM
FunAtA2d, good for you for getting through Day 4. Sounds good on posting the calories. Accountability is a massive help to me as well. This is why I like this thread, because it's simple and you either did it or you didn't and if you didn't then you have to start over. Tough but easy to understand.

I just woke up from a dream where I was eating caramels and then suddenly I realized what I'd been doing. I thought, "were those really caramels?" and then thought, "yes, they were and they do have sugar in them." And it was like, "oh, no, now I have to go back to Day 1 and I was on Day 18!" Then I woke up. :lol:

Well, it WAS only a dream. Today is the beginning of Day 19. Just three more!

PhotogirlTX
09-21-2003, 05:28 PM
And I am going strong! :-) Because of this challenge I set for myself... I didn't slack off yesterday. I made myself do 10 minutes of triceps, biceps and shoulder work before going to bed... Had I not made myself accountable for this challenge, yesterday could have been a day I would have blown it off!

Today, I have already done my arm work again.... I will be working on my abs tape this evening... and do some time on the ellpitcal machine as well...

You know what I have figured out? It's easier NOT to do something, than to make yourself do something everyday... at least that seems to be the case with me. Maybe I just need to turn around my way of thinking about exercise.. instead of making myself do something every day.... I should NOT be lazy all day. I have been doing great on the NOT having chocolate... so maybe if I just think that I should NOT be a couch bum... maybe that will work too! :-)

Good Luck FunAtA2d.... I wish I had a friend like yours to help me out... but in a way.. you all are helping me out is close to the same way as your friend!

Redballoon! Way to go! You are almost there! You are doing such a great job! And as for the work enviroment.. well, I am CHOOSING not to eat it... I know that there will always be candy around, so when I am ready for it, and I am in maintance mode, and not losing weight mode.. then I can have it. So, just knowing that I am not depriving myself of it forever, gets me past the immediate WANT for it. I WANT to be healthy and fit and slim more than I want the 2 seconds of a chocolate high.

Marti!!! Way to go on the weight loss..... you are doing a great job too! Water is wonderful.... Helps keep you feeling full so you won't eat when you don't need to, and it helps keep the body flushed out so you won't be retaining water.. and I really love what it does to the complextion....

Lisa.. a purple mustang? How cool is that!!! You go girl! That sounds like such a fun car to drive.. and the PERFECT color.. haha.. I am another purple lover too!

Anyway... Day 4 is shaping up great... I was even able to give my girls some hersey kisses and not even want one myself! :-) Whole bag up on top of the fridge where my stepdad left them two weeks ago.. and I haven't had ONE! Had to put them out of sight... but whatever works right?

Have a great Sunday!

Cherie

redballoon
09-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Photogirl, Hi there. You must have been typing while I was and I just saw your post and wanted to say Congratulations! on getting through another day! :bravo:

You know, that's a real interesting twist on the "doing, NOT doing" way of looking at things. Yes, I've found too, it's easier NOT to do something. Just feels like so much work to be doing something. But you're right, and eating the wrong foods is still doing something. I like the idea of NOT wanting to sit around on my butt but to MOVE it. Thanks for the perspective!!

friendsforfitness
09-21-2003, 06:51 PM
Hi eberyone, I just wanted to check in and let you know that day 10 was a success, and today is day 11 and I only have about 3 more ounces of water to drink until my goal is met for today. Sounds like everyone is doing great! YAY for Us!!! I'll write more tomorrow.

Take Care & Keep Smilin'
Lisa

PS Yeah, Mom's car has been fun! :)

michireiko
09-21-2003, 09:33 PM
Hi kids. I'm finally back. There was a lot going on but things are finally calm. I've been using this diet power software and it's amazing to find out how unhealthy your diet can be. I didn't think I was doing too bad but yeah... it's bad! So, I need to start eating better. I've found that having the water super cold is the only way I can choke it down. Otherwise, I get really sick to my stomach. I always picture little kids peeing in the pool when I drink warm water.... I know that's sick but I can't help it!

I haven't been doing any of my goals... Well... the one about writing 1 page per day... I did that + more... I'm almost done. I have 213 pages. If I keep up the pace like I have been, I should be done with writing by Wednesday. Then I have to edit a little, then have someone proof read, and then re edit the mistakes my proofer finds. Then it's time to find a publisher. I think that will be the hardest part.

If anyone wants to NOT eat... read this excerpt from my book:
Adam slowly approached Sachiko; her lips curling into a malicious grin. Adam brought her fingernail to Sachiko's face and gently slid it across her cheek, which opened like a flower to Adam's slightest touch.
Adam giggled as Mayu let out a small sob. Then, without any further show, she brought her fingernail down swiftly, slicing into Sachiko's stomach. Sachiko's intestines then slowly spilled to the floor. After torturous moments of gore, Mayu saw the last bit fall to the ground in a pile of bloody innards.

Yum yum! I'm so morbid :p

I'm glad everyone is staying on track! I hope I will eventually take a step in the right direction. I just need to be forced. Maybe if I buy Chris a cattle prod for Christmas...

Marti
09-21-2003, 11:01 PM
Michireiko- I would be very interested in reading your book. It sounds intense. Let me know when you get it published!!

I want to congratulate everyone on the progress here. Just coming here should be a challenge don't you think?:lol:

I'm on day 19 and can't believe it. I need to start thinking of another challenge. I have one in mind, a seperate one from the one week challenge that I plan on doing starting tomorrow. But for now, I've done well and I surprise even myself!!:dizzy: But I did and I thank you all for the great words of support here!!

Redballoon--- your post are always very colorful and I always look forward to reading what you have to say!! Thank you

Ok, making this short getting dinner on. (yeah, it's 8:00 and late) maybe that should be a challenge... not eating after 8:00!!!

Until tomorrow ladies
Marti

PhotogirlTX
09-22-2003, 08:51 AM
This is getting easier.... and now that I have made a commitment for the one week challenge, that is part of this challenge... I know this week will breeze by!

I can face my chocolate today, and get past it! I have chocolate at home for my girls and not touch it... in fact... at the moment... just not really interested in it! :-)

Everyone Good Luck this Monday.... I have payroll to run, so I need to get off here and get busy!

Talk Soon!

Cherie

michireiko
09-22-2003, 07:34 PM
I did something baka.

I ate 5 of this mini 100 Grand candy bars... The calories added up :D I ate almost 500 calories worth of candy! That's horrible.

But the water is still going down!

redballoon
09-22-2003, 08:50 PM
OK, everyone, good to see you're all moving along. I'm on DAY 20 here! Just one more to go till I take a little break and come back, swingin'!! :strong:

friendsforfitness, :bravo: for Day 10 and by the time you read this, you'll probably have made it through 11 as well! :cp: I'm so proud of you! I can see you toolin' around in that cool purple machine and I hope you're feeling smug :smug: in your sense of accomplishment of what you've set out to do here because you are doing it!

michireiko, how are you doing? Don't worry about the candy bars. It's not baka ("stupid" for our non-Japanese readers). It just IS. No big deal. I've been reading your posts and seeing you talk about failing and not meeting your goals and saying you need a swift kick in the butt and I hear all these judgments about yourself. I see so many people get trapped in this seeming attempt at change. What it really is though is just another excuse and one that on top of not moving you toward positive change, makes you feel bad about yourself -- though you may not even realize it.

So michi, I want you to get back on a new track, set yourself a very, very doable goal, a simple one-element goal and do it with us. Count to 21, clear and simple. You either make it or you don't and if you don't you don't whine and complain and make excuses, you very simply start counting over again. OK? Got it? That's what this challenge is about. It's an action thread, not one for airing your shortcomings, your lack of persistence or any other number of things that keep us spinning our wheels.

This place is here to help you feel empowered but in order for it to help you you have to stick to the rules! Okay, let's go for it. Tell me your goal. If you've been drinking water straight through then tell me what day you're on and keep with that.

And by the way, I've been here in Tokyo for 20 years, am a writer and reporter and yeah, I guess I like it enough, enough to have stayed here for two decades. I hope you get a chance to come to Japan sometime if it intrigues you. And, by the way, do you have your costume pic ready yet? I want to take a look. :)

M.N.J, Hurrah for you for making it to Day 19. We're neck and neck, aren't we? But no one loses here. It's OUR race, each one of us. Thanks for saying you liked my colorful posts. I just try to keep it fun, yet sincere. I sense an energy in your posts that wasn't there before. You sound much stronger, much more determined, yet in a relaxed and steady way, not a panicky way. Don't know if that's true but I get that feeling and it's nice! :goodvibes:

Photogirl, you too sound like you're powering along strong and steady. The first few days of this challenge are hard because of the low numbers but you're on 5 and sounding fine. I love the fact that you are ruling sovereign over chocolate. In your environment that is no small feat whatsoever!! Keep it up! :sunny:

I'm going to start up a new thread because this one's getting long and rather unwieldy, especially with a dialup modem and the high cost of being online for me. I'll let you all know when the new thread starts (it's just a continuation of this one) by putting the link here so you can click on it and move over.

Later . . .!

friendsforfitness
09-22-2003, 09:37 PM
I guess I'm at the half way point. I never woulda thought I'd make it this far even. I'm proud of me and it's not even over yet.

Good luck to all.

Lisa :sunny:

Marti
09-22-2003, 10:16 PM
Day 20 ladies!! Only one more day and I start all over!! I've done well today. I drank lots of water today, all 80oz. and I've been really watching how much and what I eat. And today was a toughy for me. Went out for lunch and I was tempted by all these juicy hamburgers.... but ...... I went with the chicken breast sandwhich!! Woohoo!! Not too shabby!! Will power I guess. I almost caved in though.

Redballoon- I feel stronger. I have my ups and downs but when I started... I struggled. I still do, but it doesn't seem to get me as much. Thanks for noticing.:smug:

Lisa- Congrats on the half way point!! I got all kinds of antsy when I was half way. And to think I'm going to start something new and do it all over again!:lol:

Michireiko- Don't worry to much about the candybars. Now that you realize how much it all was, I'm sure you'll hesitate the next time you feel you want one. I had cookies here and I kept eating them... finally I saw how the jar was getting low and I was the only one eating them. I put a stop to that!!

Cherie- I was so glad when things started getting easier for me... glad to hear that it's getting easier for you!!

Only one day left. I plan on staying with the 80oz. of water though. And the next challenge will be more of a challenge for me. I mulled it over as to what it is that I was going to do and I thought of what is the hardest thing for me to do. And I finally narrowed it down to one. But I won't post that until my first day!! :s: But I do have to admit... I can see myself starting over at least once.... But lets be positive!! I will make it through the whole 21days =NO PROBLEM!!:p

Ok, I'm rambling on. I will chat tomorrow.
Marti

PhotogirlTX
09-22-2003, 10:50 PM
No chocolate... and plenty of exercise! :-)

I even resisted my temptation to snack this afternoon.. so even though that isn't my challenge... it was ranking right up there with chocolate today!

Going to bed everyone! Will write more tomorrow!

Cherie

michireiko
09-23-2003, 03:38 AM
OKay I got a big realization today. I've been doing the dietpower software and that's been helping me, but I've got to do a lot more exercises. Tonight, I tried on my old skirt and my guts were hanging over it, and I was like NOOOOO! So, I did 25 sit-ups and 50 flutterkicks. :stars: I know it was just my first night, but I felt really glad that I even did a little, so I've set 2 goals for me, and I am sure I can do them...

I will do 25 sit ups per night and 20 flutterkicks. And, since after I did that exercise I drank like a camel, I really found what helps it go down easier. I'm on day 3 of my water challenge, but I'm gonna just say I'm at day one because it's easier for me to count that way.

Everyone is right about the water - it does get easier to drink! I was scared of it but I'm not anymore. It's not nearly as bad as I was thinking. It's actually pretty good :D

M.N.J - you're almost there :D Are you gonna make new goals or just start with the same goal again?

Photogirl - It's good you're getting plenty of exercise! I'm gonna start doing the same myself ^_^

:bravo:

On a different note, I have a terrible case of writers block :stress: ... I need someone to kick me in the head and get the blood flowing again! I might start walking the track because that way, I can get a lot of thinking done and maybe something will pop in my head. I'm at the final battle and the book is almost done. :write: My brain picked a great time to quit working, but also pick a good time for me to start exercising!

redballoon
09-23-2003, 07:27 AM
Lisa, good for you for getting through Day 11! I'm glad you're proud! :yes: Keep it up!

M.N.J. You're almost there. Great save on the hamburger temptation and on curtailing the great cookie feast. And 80 oz. of water. That's not easy. You're doing swell! :cp: I can't wait to hear about your next challenge! Keeping us in suspense, huh? :s:

Cherie, no chocolate, no snacking. Day 5! :high: Groovy!! Notice my retro language in this post? Feeling retro today, feelin' good! :dancer: Really kicked A at the gym.

michi! Excellent stuff I'm hearing here. Situps and flutterkicks. Cool! :love: And thinking of the track to beat the block?! :comp: I walk all the time when I need to mull and hatch a story. It's the best thing for shaking the brain into action. Good luck!

michireiko
09-23-2003, 04:06 PM
I couldn't wait until tonight to do my exercise so I went ahead and did it early. So, day 2 with my exercise is down. It's still early so I still have some water to drink, but I don't think it will be a problem.

I'm going to my friends house tonight to watch Ayashi no Ceres (An awesome anime. I think it translates to 'Ceres' Doubting' but I'm not sure!). Hopefully it will help me get some of my book going.

I'm mad at my dietpower software because it doesn't have sit ups or flutterkicks listed, so I'm just gonna but it down as intense aerobic dancing. :lol:

friendsforfitness
09-23-2003, 05:54 PM
Just wanted to check in and say Hi to everyone. I've already finished my water today and that means I can have a diet A&W when I get home. YAY! for me! Michi, Nice job on Day 2 success! Tomorrow is day 13 for me and it WILL NOT be unlucky.

Take it easy,
Lisa

:twirly:

Marti
09-23-2003, 10:15 PM
Day 21 here!! And I am proud to say that I succeeded in drinking all 80oz. today. I was so thirsty today and I don't know why...:shrug:
But I am happy to say that I survived 21 days of filling up the bladder hoping I wouldn't burst. :lol:
Starting tomorrow I plan on starting another 21 days striving to succeed in yet another challenge.:dizzy:

Redballoon: Do we continue here or are you planning on starting another thread? Let us know.

Lisa: Awesome on the water girl!! A&W sounds good right now!! Got me craving one. But I would have to do some shopping.... so I guess it's just water.

Michireiko: Excellent on the excercise!!!:cp: :strong: And getting it done the first half of the day!! Good job!!

Cherie: Good for you for excercise and no chocolate!! :high: What a time to stay away from chocolate with all the Halloween candy out there!! I admire your strength!!

Well tomorrow I will start another challenge. And believe me, this one is difficult. Maybe not for many, but for me it has been. I plan on having breakfast every morning!! :hun: No excuses. I used to be so good at breakfast, but I can tell you that in the last 6months I've probably ate only 2 breakfast's each month. And with starting school next week, getting up early to leave and study, I need brain food first thing in the morning. I believe that if I ate breakfast, I wouldn't feel soooo hungry by noon. (or coarse we all know that-but doing it is another thing) It would help me in the long run.

Anyway as silly as this challenge may sound to anyone, that is what I'm doing. So Redballoon.....theres my challenge. And if you plan on starting a new thread since this one is long..... let me know!!

Chat with you all tomorrow.

Marti

redballoon
09-23-2003, 10:53 PM
M :sunny: N :sunny: J :sunny:

has made it through her :bravo: 21-DAY CHALLENGE!! :bravo:

:cp: :cp: You rule, Marti!!! :cp: :cp: Hats off to you!

:encore: :encore: :encore:

redballoon
09-23-2003, 11:11 PM
Heh, everyone. I've just started up a new thread, merely a continuation of this one, as the challenges GOES ON.

Click on this link and it'll take you there. Prepare . . . for transport!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32364

friendsforfitness
09-24-2003, 10:03 AM
:cp:Congatulations M.N.J!!! Today you are SUPERWOMAN!!! :cp:

You must be on :cloud9:

Lisa

:cp: :dance: :cheers: :balloons: :cb: :dancer:

PS- day 13 was a success and now I'm onto day14. :)
Good luck to everyone with their challenges!

Lisa