South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-12-2017, 08:08 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekend Chat Aug 12-13

Good morning! Anyone up and ready for coffee?
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:13 AM   #2  

Good morning, chicks! We had some major thunderstorms overnight; DH and I were already joking about (not) watering the garden today. We have had so much rain this summer we have barely had to water at all.

I had a productive day yesterday: lots of weeding and trimming in both the flower and veggie garden. One of my flower gardens has a little path through it and I think I will pick up some new stepping-style stones next time I go to the garden center. They actually cover the spot where our cable line is buried from the street to the house and I never want to accidentally dig into that!

Not sure what is today's priority; if it is going to rain I should probably do some indoor cleaning. Or maybe read a book...

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-12-2017, 09:00 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Beth, thanks for getting us started! I haven't had to do much watering this summer, either. At least since it started raining in July. I think some of my stuff is actually too wet but there's not much to do about that. In Glenwood, it's much hotter. I have timers set on the squash garden, a pot with cucumbers, and a small lawn but everything else fends for itself. I would vote for reading a book today. Whatever you do, enjoy your day.

I just got up. Mom and I travel back over today after a stop at the pool. I wish I could stay one more day because I don't work tomorrow but my girlfriend is having some family over to meet her daughter and it's important that I show up. Knowing that, I committed to cleaning the neighbors Airbnb with a friend. It will be an extra few bucks. I guess I need to start organizing. We cooked a healthy dinner at home last night and got all the dishes washed but everything needs to be put away.

Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:16 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Another Deluge Day after a night of loud t-storms and torrential rains! The poor farmers and market gardeners are really suffering. By this time most years they have stored enough hay to see the animals through the winter but don't have even half of that stored because the fields are way too wet and the grass is sometimes drowning. This is a major dairying area so the prices will sure go up.

Anyhow ... we sent the day puttering around the house and working out the music for one of Bruce's choral compositions - "other related wifely duties" seem to include singing the different parts of the music - even faking a descant by singing it an octave lower. When we get our keyboard (or the piano back) it will be easier!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Yesterday got away from me but at least I was productive after work. Begrudgingly I cleaned the house lol. I was actually disgusted by how dirty and dust the floors were. I always feel better when the house is in order. Tomorrow I am regrouping and making. I haven't been terrible but I have been lazy which has shown up on the scale this week lol.

I haven't watered much either. I am still getting strawberries !!! Well at least when I beat the squirrel to them lol.

I plan on visiting my son the last weekend in August. I was going to fly, but from my local airport there aren't any direct flights. LOL it would take longer to fly than drive. If I go to LGA or JFK rountrip flights are under $200, but parking would be $$$$$ (seriously expensive). Since I would need to rent a car anyway I decided to rent one here and drive. My plan is to leave Friday the 24th around 6 and drive until I get tired. He can't leave the base until Saturday at 0945 so I have time in the morning to get there. I will be going again in October for his graduation and plan on driving again.

Guess I better get motivated, why I am not sure as I don't really have any plans lol. Have a great day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:10 AM   #6  

Hey chicks! Off to the grocery store and then DH wants to go to a tool sale at the local hardware store. So that's my day.

Yesterday turned out to be a reading day with a little cleaning tossed in. The floors get really dirty when we are trekking in and out of the garden so much.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We got back last night around 9:30 p.m., we had a wonderful time, I am still swaying a bit from the being back on land hopefully that will go away soon. I got on the scale and was only up 1.5 lbs not bad, enjoyed myself but still had healthy options too. I need to clean and unpack and do laundry and go on a grocery run today to stock up on op foods. I will need to go back and catch up on posts, we had no wifi at all which was good but when we un docked oh my had over 600 emails waiting for me, I cleaned up personal emails on the trip home but saving work related til either tonight or tomorrow, it is vacation

Hope everyone had a good week!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:30 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello!

Welcome home, Rose! Glad to hear you had a wonderful vacation! That's a lot of emails. LOL

Sorry I didn't get here this morning. I was busy and got busier. Now I'm exhausted, I need to rest for a little bit. Back to real work tomorrow.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote