South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-07-2017, 06:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekday chat 8/7 - 8/11

Good morning chicks

Debbie great score on the washer and dryer!!!!
Beth sounds like you had a nice weekend visiting DS and your sister
Ruth did you get your internet issue resolved
Amy hope you are still on line. No more weather

I was not myself on the ride yesterday. The first 25 miles we were holding an 18mp (a little fast for my likin). Well my butt was dragging for the next 25 miles. When we got to that rest stop I checked my calories burned and I was over 1000 already. I choked down lol which helped immensely. The last 51 miles were a breeze compared to earlier in the day. I was pleased with my results. It took a little over 6 hours to complete. My average pace was 15.6. My right knee was not happy with me lol.

Today its back to Long Island to meet my BF from high school for lunch.

Hope everyone has a great day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:06 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Wow! Is it ever quiet in here! Must be all the traveling going on.

Speaking of which, DH and I made it back home today. We had a nice weekend visiting everyone and doing our activities. On the way home we stopped at the outlets and I got 2 pairs of new sneakers. One is for walking and one pair for exercise tapes. No excuses now for slacking off! I am dreading the scale tomorrow morning; eating on the road is such a roll of the dice; you might think an item is OP but it is hard to know what sugar and salt is lurking in a given item. The morning we left I had dropped another pound so I will drink extra water and choose wisely this week to undo any damage.

Jennifer, your bike rides are really impressive to a non-cyclist like me! Hope you had a good lunch and visit with your friend.

Debbie, just saw that you started a thread also. Maybe someone (Ruth? ) could do a merge. Hope your day wasn't too boring. lol

I've got to get organized for tomorrow. Have a good evening all.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:09 AM   #3  

Good morning....

Beth my scale is up too. You would think after a ride like that I would have dropped a pound or two. LOL. I need to get my act together with exercising regularly again.

We had a really nice visit yesterday. We have been friends since high school. I wish we lived closer, but we get together at least once a year which is nice.

I lucked out and got an appointment with my orthopedist this morning. Otherwise its errands, cooking, cleaning, laundry and all the other things I did not have time for on my days off lol. It was nice disconnecting from work for a couple of days.

My son got his "soft orders" (subject to change). Once he is done training he willl be going to Ft Bragg. The signs are all there....Fort Bragg is a mere 100 miles from Concord NC. My mom is moving to Concord at the end of the month and my step sister already lives there. Granted I have almost 6 years before I can retire, but if things stay the same, I probably will move to NC too.

Have a terrific Tuesday!
Old 08-08-2017, 08:14 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Just my usual. Sipping my last cup of coffee before heading off to work. Rainy and cool here. I guess the Denver almost had a record low temperature yesterday. Somebody bought my old dryer for $35 so that will disappear off my porch this evening. That's good! The lawn just keeps growing and growing with all this rain and no dry time to mow it. It will really be a chore when it finally happens. Oh well. I better get going! Have a great day everyone
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:43 PM   #5  

Hey chicks. I worked this morning, but now I'm home and have been out to the garden to pick a few veggies. I wish the cucumber plants would learn to space out the harvest! lol Actually, you would think after 30 years of gardening I would learn that if I want 2 hills of cukes I should plant each hill a month apart. Last week and this I have more than I could ever eat but I know the season will be over soon.

Debbie, you found a great bargain on your washer and dryer combo and it's great to hear the dryer is gone too! Our lawn has been growing like crazy as well.

Jennifer, hope you got your errands done.

Speaking of which, I need to go get some groceries this afternoon. I tried to clean things out pretty well before we went away for the weekend. I'm thinking crack slaw for dinner; haven't had that in ages!
Old 08-09-2017, 09:17 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

I'm heading to Denver soon. I'm going to meet my girlfriend, and her daughter and husband. It's a grand opening of a sandwich shop. The husband is longtime friends with the owner. I usually go to my noon meeting and have lunch with my group on Wednesdays, so I will have the dog sitter come check on the dogs. I contemplated two trips but that didn't sound fun. I'll make a master list of everything I want to get done down there in between.

At home, I've been trying to put everything away. I mean everything. i'm still picking up after the washer dryer exchange. The old dryer did go away last night. That's nice!

Other than that, not much new. It's sunny this morning but rain very hard last night. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-09-2017, 05:28 PM   #7  

Debbie hope you enjoyed your lunch. That's great you were able to sell the old dryer.
Beth that's a good idea for next year. Too bad cucumbers don't freeze well.

I went to my orthopedist yesterday. The arthritis in my knee is just going to be an annoyance until it wears out. May that be decades from now. He did put a request in with my insurance company for synvisc. I had great results the last time. Keeping my fingers crossed it gets approved. I have a consult / evaluation for PT on the 17th. When I was born my hip socket wasn't fully developed. I guess it is catching up to me. My right side is fine, but the left isn't. The head of the femur should be rounded like a ball, mine looks like an egg lol. It is common in women. Worst part is I have tendinitis in my butt! It really bothers me when I ride. So until I start PT I have to give it some rest. I guess you could say my medical diagnosis is "pain in the arse." Lol

On that note time for my dinner (salad) I had a big lunch. Then I will work on starting to fill in the spaces between the slats with spray foam insulation. I plan on insulating the bathroom throughout the week. I'll just skip the wall John will need access too for the electric.

Enjoy your evening.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:34 PM   #8  

Good evening, chicks.

Not really sure where the day went. I worked, stopped at the store coming home, had lunch, a indoor workout, pruned a few things in the garden and made dinner. Guess that fills things up! lol

Jennifer, sorry to hear about your pains! Hope the PT helps. Sounds like the bath project is coming along.

Debbie, you are smart to merge the 2 trips, but you are always very organized.

Hoping all the other chicks are doing well!
Old 08-10-2017, 08:08 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Made it! Have been offline because of password problems. Now to post to ensure this works.

Still having problems. Just lost a long post which gave me a not authorized message. More work needed.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:06 PM   #10  

Afternoon everyone. Just a quick chick lunch check in.

Beth days off always seem to fly by. Seems like you packed in a lot into your day yesterday.
Ruth hope you resolve your connection / posting issues resolved.

Nothing exciting here. Feels like I haven't been in my own office in quite some time. Just spending the day catching up on administrative tasks. After work a trip to Home Depot may be in order to get the insulation. I did the foam application yesterday so it should be dry. I insulated my attic a few years ago so this shouldn't be too challenging. There was something else I wanted to get at HD, but for the life of me I cannot remember LOL. Oh well

Enjoy your day!
Old 08-10-2017, 02:12 PM   #11  

Good afternoon, chicks!

Nothing special going on today; work, soon I will take a walk, DH will grill steaks for dinner. (no complaints there!) I need to think of some enticing veggies to with it.

Ruth, bummer about your computer issues! Hope they are resoled soon.

Jennifer, glad you made some progress on the bathroom project.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 08-10-2017, 02:33 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good afternoon!

I posted earlier but didn't send. Got my lawn mowed and a bunch of trimming completed. The sun is still shining a little bit but it's definitely going to rain. Didn't get the poo picked up maybput that off until tomorrow.

I have lots on my mind. Trying to make a decision on what to do with the Alaska Kevin for the winter. It's it in pretty tough shape since the tenant moved out August 1. She had been there 14 years.

I think I will have my smoothie. I've been staying on plan and my weight is at its lowest since December. 2 pounds below ticker. That's always nice.

Ruth, glad to see you are back. I hope all your computer issues get resolved so you can join us again.

Jennifer, I hope you remember that extra item at Home Depot. My sister texted me while I was at Costco yesterday and reminded me of the sugar for jam. I had forgotten.

Beth, enjoy your steaks on the grill tonight. That sure sounds good!
Old 08-11-2017, 07:57 AM   #13  

Good morning, chicks!

I don't go to work today so I have the whole day to myself. First up this morning (after coffee, of course) will be some garden time. It is time to start cutting back the iris, whose leaves are turning ugly brown, and do some weeding. Plus I need to figure out what to do in the veggie garden. I brought home some tiny seedlings from school that I thought were broccoli but they appear to be kohlrabi! I may pull a few out an just save a couple. I am not really familiar with how to eat them.

Jennifer, did you get your HD list accomplished?

Debbie, the cabin must be a hard decision. Great job on the weight.

Ruth, hope you get the internet issues fixed!

TGIF chicks!
Old 08-11-2017, 12:09 PM   #14  

Greetings from my work desk lol

Debbie great job being below your ticker!!! Hope you reach a decision about the cabin.

Beth I am going to have to look up kohlrabi. Never heard of it. LOL I'm so sheltered.

Got most of the insulation up. I will hold off on finishing until John does the electric. My mom texted me last night. Today they have to say good bye to their Basset Hound Barney. His health has really deteriorated this summer. I believe he has CHF. He is not responding to medication. Barney was a rescue from BROOD.Not much was known about his history, but he certainly was loved.

On a happier note my son and his battle buddies passed their room SOP inspection. A far cry from the slob he was at home lol. I hope to see him prior to his graduation in October. He has not earned privileges yet to leave the base. At least when he does it is easy enough to drive to VA to see him.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.