Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-06-2017, 05:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/145/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Taking the Next Step

Hello! My name is Sahiya. This is the first weight loss forum I have ever joined but I figured now was a good time since I am taking the next step in my weight loss journey.

I am 19 years old, 5'5" I have hypothyroidism and I decided I needed to lose weight July of 2016 when I weighed in at 181 lbs but that wasn't the biggest I'd ever been, in January of 2016 I was about 194 lbs but I didn't actually get serious and start dieting until July. I hit my original goal weight of 145 lbs in December by carefully counting calories and cutting out any and all junk food. It was really hard at first especially since my hypothyroidism makes so I have to eat 200 calories less than the average person, but over time I adjusted and I was so proud of myself. (My husband was quite pleased as well )

After that, though, I got pretty lazy about my calorie counting and started cheating more and more often. I weighed myself again a few weeks ago and it had crept up to 155 lbs but overall I had managed to maintain a healthy weight over the past 7 months.

In June I started a new job that has me a lot more active at work and much longer hours so within a couple weeks I have dropped back down to 146. I am here because I decided that now is as good a time as any to take the next step. 146 is a healthy weight for me but I am still not 100% happy with my figure. My new goal is to reach 130 by my birthday on December 23, and my ultimate goal weight of 125 by Valentine's Day of next year.

My progress thus far has really encouraged me and since I now know it isn't impossible I am super motivated. Especially since my wedding is coming up in September!

Anyways I would love to hear what your height and UGW is and/or your success stories/progress.
Sahiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:06 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Sahiya!

I'm quite a bit older than you but same height. My goal weight is 135, which is what I was in my 20's and I looked pretty good.

You have made great progress! Are you doing anything besides calorie reduction to lose weight? I'm curious what your method is.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:16 PM   #3  
I'm on a Mission

S/C/G: 375/297/200

Height: 6ft

Good luck Sahiya ! Very impressive how you're progressing for sure you'll reach your goal
Unapologetic Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

I am impressed with your persistence and get back to it mentality -

My only advice is keep it up, girl as it is a lifelong and lifestyle approach. I am certain you will reach your goal and you show maturity and wisdom with a realistic time frame.

Having kids drove up my weight and it does a lot of women so coming up with a life strategy to STAY lean is the way to go. I see my own daughters as being thin kids who are now struggling as well (in their 30s). Also focus on healthy eating! The body needs even LESS calories as it gets older and those calories need to provide optimum nutrition! My goal weight of 135 is what I weighed at 19 when I *thought* I was too fat but anything below 150 would be ok.

Last edited by grannynancy; 08-10-2017 at 07:15 PM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote