Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-31-2017, 06:45 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat: July 31 - August 6

Still adjusting to being back from Costa Rica. The head spins with memories of strange birds, strange mammals, and strange lizards.

And, rice and beans every day, three meals a day. I got used to them; they're good stuff. One guy tried to convince me that there's a difference between 'rice and beans' and 'beans and rice'. In one, they're served mixed. In the other, they're served separately. I think he was pulling my leg. But in the one case where they were served separately, the beans were more like Boston Baked Beans - super good.

And lots of plantains. They were always grilled with lots of sugar. They are not a weight loss food, LOL.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I loved the beans and rice for breakfast in Costa Rica--so much so that I've made it here a couple of times. The only animal I didn't get to see was a toucan, but we saw numerous howler monkeys and sloths and tarantulas!

Outlook for a good week here except my office assistant is starting a new chapter (you all know where this is headed so I won't expand on it).

OH! And we paid the downpayment on some home renovations--all new flooring! Can't wait. We're so tired of tile floors. We're also getting bids to have our concrete restored in our back yard. The efflorescence has permanently stained what used to look so nice.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! 3 weeks 'til my vacation! I will be busy until then, including for the long weekend coming up, but that's OK! I'm taking the longest period of time off that I've had since I was unemployed in 1991.

Good week all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Yes, good week all! I'll have to try beans for breakfast - maybe put them in my egg veggie frittata?

I'm still maintaining around 125 but it's not getting any easier, that's for sure.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

August 1! How did that happen?

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote